PDA

View Full Version : NDSU-SDSU ESPN College Gameday Speculation Thread

NDSUBowler
09-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Let the speculation begin!

Jeff Kolpack
‏ @FGOSPORTSWRITER

Hearing ESPN has been inquiring into GameDay in Fargo next week.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1042088742532640770

GreenfieldBison
09-18-2018, 04:45 PM
And then there's this...

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-college-game-day-fargo-ndsu-bzbz

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Jeff wouldn't be tweeting if conversations haven't started...

EndZoneQB
09-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Isn't Bama/TAMU that weekend? I'd be shocked, SHOCKED, if they don't go there.

Inquiries mean there is a chance for a back up black if either of their main teams lose.

EC8CH
09-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Stig Joose signs on Gameday would be epic.

NDSUBowler
09-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Isn't Bama/TAMU that weekend? I'd be shocked, SHOCKED, if they don't go there.

Inquiries mean there is a chance for a back up black if either of their main teams lose.

Bama-UL Lafayette

They do have 2 top10 matchups in Stanford @ ND and OSU @ PSU, though.

BisonLaw
09-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Bama A&M is this weekend. IMO the only games we'd be going against at this point are Ohio St Penn St and Stanford at Notre Dame. But they just did OSU last weekend, and are doing Stanford this weekend. Plus they were already in South Bend. Tough to pass up OSU at Penn St, but OSU gets plenty of love already.

So you're saying there's a chance....

Professor Chaos
09-18-2018, 04:56 PM
I was just looking at the FBS slate for that weekend a week back and the only big game of note is Ohio St @ Penn St. Which is a big game.... I wonder if Fargo is the fallback plan if one of those teams lose this weekend? If not the amount of whining next week from Columbus and State College PA will be delicious. :)

I'm sure the Urban Meyer effect might sour them a bit also. That game is at State College so I'm sure there would be some pretty crude signs in regards to that whole controversy.

Bison bison
09-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Reason #1 why this is the worst idea ever:

How is my group going to have an all you can eat turnover eating contest if half of them are downtown lost in Lee Corso'a dreamy eyes!?!

EndZoneQB
09-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Bama-UL Lafayette

They do have 2 top10 matchups in Stanford @ ND and OSU @ PSU, though.

Oh yeah that's this weekend.

wagsabison
09-18-2018, 05:02 PM
It'd be fun having a better opponent than we've had in the past. SDSU would bring a decent amount of fans I'd think. Overall, I think it screws up tailgating but it's still a cool experience and you can't beat the exposure.

Professor Chaos
09-18-2018, 05:08 PM
It'd be fun having a better opponent than we've had in the past. SDSU would bring a decent amount of fans I'd think. Overall, I think it screws up tailgating but it's still a cool experience and you can't beat the exposure.
The sign game would certainly get a shot of "Joose" from their previous appearances!

Btw… do they know that there's 7 Taco John's in the West Fargo-Fargo-Moorhead metro? If so, I think this deal is already done!

westnodak93bison
09-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Joose is horrible. I just had to try it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gumby013
09-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Fargo also makes sense for them logistically. They are in Eugene this weekend, pretty far from all of their future possible games. Fargo is a nice middle-ground to get to all of the games on the east coast. No need to push the drivers to go cross country in 72 hours.

EC8CH
09-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Should we throw streamers?

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Culhane is talking about it on The Insiders right now. It's all about matchups of top 25. Need some teams to lose

He thinks they've already been to Notre Dame but its thr Ohio State Penn State game. Need Penn State to lose but they were already at Ohio State but not Penn State

Honeybooboo
09-18-2018, 05:27 PM
Blah, no way they miss Penn St-Ohio St unless something major happens

Im sure they talked as this being one "backup plan"

Vet70
09-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Joose is horrible. I just had to try it

Did it give you the urge to do taxes and drive your car into a ditch?

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2018, 05:38 PM
But...what about JMU?!

JMB
09-18-2018, 05:44 PM
The Gophers are undefeated how ...... Sorry laughing too hard to finish typing.

Green1
09-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Did the words "aw shucks" and "Holy Nutmeg!" start showing up in your vocabulary?

EndZoneQB
09-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Blah, no way they miss Penn St-Ohio St unless something major happens

Im sure they talked as this being one "backup plan"

Bingo .

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Bingo .

I think you may be discounting the "stench" factor mentioned above; typically, I'd 100% agree with you, but those are two troubled programs, including one still in the mud.

Hammerhead
09-18-2018, 06:41 PM
There wasn't exactly a big crowd at TCU last weekend. It isn't that far for the students to drive from TCU to Jerryworld for their game vs. Ohio State.

heffray
09-18-2018, 06:42 PM
I think you may be discounting the "stench" factor mentioned above; typically, I'd 100% agree with you, but those are two troubled programs, including one still in the mud.

Also, Penn St almost lost to App St in week 1... I never considered PSU v OSU as a big rivalry game, just a good conference match-up...

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2018, 06:50 PM

Whenever I do my taxes I feel the urge to drive my car into a ditch.

Honeybooboo
09-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Urban meyer i assume your talking about? If so hiiw do explain OSU already being on CGD

And PSU-OSU is a much larger game than NDSU vs anyone when it comes to down to it guys... not saying it wont happen here again but i would bet anything Fargo is not choice #1

Bison03
09-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Lets go Illinois!!!!!!!!!! Beat Penn State!!!

Professor Chaos
09-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Urban meyer i assume your talking about? If so hiiw do explain OSU already being on CGD

And PSU-OSU is a much larger game than NDSU vs anyone when it comes to down to it guys... not saying it wont happen here again but i would bet anything Fargo is not choice #1
Well, he was still suspended at that time and it was a neutral site game not an on-campus game. Who's to say that there wasn't some extra policing they had to do with signage and such at that game regarding the Urban Meyer situation that they don't want to have to deal with again?

I think you're right that it still makes more sense to go to State College but I'm good at making excuses. :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Is that corner still available with Block 9 doing it's thing?

EndZoneQB
09-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Is that corner still available with Block 9 doing it's thing?

Downtown is a mess. Nope.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Pump the brakes.

https://i.imgur.com/juRhco9.jpg

Winterborn
09-18-2018, 07:40 PM
The NW corner of the tailgating lots would be a good spot for them. Some people might have to move their cars though.....

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 07:41 PM
I would put the odds at about 10%. Hopefully
Pedophile State University loses.

wagsabison
09-18-2018, 07:51 PM
ESPN nailed it with the downtown location originally. It'd be tough to top that.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2018, 07:52 PM
ESPN nailed it with the downtown location originally. It'd be tough to top that.

I would say without downtown, no go.

Jim G was non-committal.

Bison03
09-18-2018, 07:57 PM
The location would still work, Broadway is still open, 3rd steeet is still open. If it comes ro Fargo, it will be on the same spot. Now, I put the chances of them coming at less then 1%, but its still fun that this is getting talked about again.

oldmantutters
09-18-2018, 08:06 PM
The location would still work, Broadway is still open, 3rd steeet is still open. If it comes ro Fargo, it will be on the same spot. Now, I put the chances of them coming at less then 1%, but its still fun that this is getting talked about again.

The fact that this rumor was floated by Kolpack means the odds of it happening are much higher than 1%.

IBleedYellow
09-18-2018, 08:35 PM

This has legs.

Good legs.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2018, 08:38 PM
The fact that this rumor was floated by Kolpack means the odds of it happening are much higher than 1%.

Yeah, I think folks aren't following that this is serious. Some kind of calls have been made. What is unknown is if it is primary or secondary. But, it has to be at least 20-25% to be at this point.

Professor Chaos
09-18-2018, 08:54 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/there-s-a-chance-dumbdcy7y.gif

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I think folks aren't following that this is serious. Some kind of calls have been made. What is unknown is if it is primary or secondary. But, it has to be at least 20-25% to be at this point.

I think that sounds right. If Penn State loses, our chances go up quite dramatically.

They've been here twice. Same with James Madison.

For routing, it's much closer to drive busses and semis to Fargo from Eugene than coast to coast. Thsts a 2,690 mile drive or 41 consecutive hours to Penn State. Fargo is 1,607 miles or 25 hours

Bison03
09-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Just setting the bar low to be blown out of the water wrong. :)

NDSU1980
09-18-2018, 09:17 PM

Actually I was thinking that SDSU would be as big a cupcake as we had the last two times GD was here. :D.

Bison bison
09-18-2018, 09:21 PM

Wow. Long-distance phone calls? Then this is serious (and everyone should be quiet until Grandma's off the phone).

Green1
09-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Wow. Long-distance phone calls? Then this is serious (and everyone should be quiet until Grandma's off the phone).

Is PL some how involved in the phone negotiations? Asking for a friend...

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 09:27 PM
My prediction is Baylor at Oklahoma since it's on ABC and it's a mid way stop for Notre Dame at Virginia Tech or Auburn @ Mississippi Statr in week 6

NDSUstudent
09-18-2018, 09:45 PM
My prediction is Baylor at Oklahoma since it's on ABC and it's a mid way stop for Notre Dame at Virginia Tech or Auburn @ Mississippi Statr in week 6

You do realize that Baylor is trash? It is us or PSU-tOSU

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 10:11 PM
You do realize that Baylor is trash? It is us or PSU-tOSU

I'm looking at the games ESPN and ABC are broadcasting. But even if both Penn State and Ohio State win, have they ever traveled that far? Its literally a 45 hour drive from coast to coast with semis and busses . I could be way off but I dont know if they've ever traveled that far. It could be done but certainly a headache

westnodak93bison
09-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Did it give you the urge to do taxes and drive your car into a ditch?Nope. I had the grape. God awful stuff. Taste made me think of Vikings koolaid and everclear

BisonTeacher
09-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Nope. I had the grape. God awful stuff. Taste made me think of Vikings koolaid and everclear

Is that what TSCF has been on? Its all starting to make sense now. (too. too.)

NDSUstudent
09-18-2018, 10:29 PM
I'm looking at the games ESPN and ABC are broadcasting. But even if both Penn State and Ohio State win, have they ever traveled that far? Its literally a 45 hour drive from coast to coast with semis and busses . I could be way off but I dont know if they've ever traveled that far. It could be done but certainly a headache

They've gone from Seattle to South Carolina before.

Only real issue is having done an OSU game so recently.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2018, 10:36 PM
This is not happening. I'm so confident this is not happening that if it does, I will drive up to see it and I just did that trek 2 weeks ago and am not in the mood to do it again.

BisonTeacher
09-18-2018, 10:39 PM
This is not happening. I'm so confident this is not happening that if it does, I will drive up to see it and I just did that trek 2 weeks ago and am not in the mood to do it again.

Now The phones at the Athletic office are ringing off the hook with Bisonvillers requesting to NOT have Gameday. Nice work. :)

HerdBot
09-18-2018, 10:48 PM
They've gone from Seattle to South Carolina before.

Only real issue is having done an OSU game so recently.

41 hours which is is by far the longest to date. That was 2 top 5 teams. They have also gone 38 hours but thsts for the National Championship game.

Of course east coast ratings drive everything

thundarsdaddy
09-18-2018, 10:48 PM
College-GameDay folks must be tired of the same 200 fans showing up for any/every Gameday location anymore! Or....maybe they got the message, when it seems there is always an NDSU sign that makes it to TV, on any GameDay broadcast?

Honeybooboo
09-18-2018, 10:53 PM
The way the offense played on Saturday NDSU better worry about winning first before they make any gameday plans

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2018, 10:56 PM
The way the offense played on Saturday NDSU better worry about winning first before they make any gameday plans

Please, they will cover the spread easily.

Hammersmith
09-20-2018, 04:21 AM
Block 9 construction will get out of the way if Gameday comes to town.

http://www.inforum.com/news/traffic-and-construction/4501814-business-and-parking-effect-block-9-construction

WDAY-TV has learned if ESPN "College GameDay" were to come back to downtown Fargo, Kilbourne would agree to temporarily move parts of the site and hold off from construction work during the big event.

"We would invite them with open arms," said Keith Leier, a project manager with Kilbourne Group. "We would be working with the city or whoever's running that to make sure that our site is both safe and secure."

Strangely, the construction would be a tiny additional reason for Gameday to come. Another storyline. Maybe goes from a 10% chance to a 10.1% chance. (kidding about that last part)

HerdBot
09-20-2018, 04:34 AM
I'm thinking there is a legit chance but definitely less than 50%. There really aren't that many big games with teams they haven't covered in prior weeks. Kolpack isnt going to report something if they didnt inquire.

Honeybooboo
09-20-2018, 04:51 AM
its on like donkey kong.......lol

EC8CH
09-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Thankfully the bunnies have a bye so they can't screw it up with another 10 turnover game under the pressure.

Professor Chaos
09-20-2018, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking there's a 61.3% chance that every percentage value listed in this thread has been completely pulled out of the ass of the poster listing it.

And yes my post just increased that percentage... maybe.

EC8CH
09-20-2018, 01:20 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/rtzot.jpg

CAS4127
09-20-2018, 01:54 PM

This^^^!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imabison
09-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Block 9 construction will get out of the way if Gameday comes to town.

http://www.inforum.com/news/traffic-and-construction/4501814-business-and-parking-effect-block-9-construction

Strangely, the construction would be a tiny additional reason for Gameday to come. Another storyline. Maybe goes from a 10% chance to a 10.1% chance. (kidding about that last part)

WDAY said they asked the Mayor about it, and he said if they were coming he would know today or tomorrow, but officially its decided on Sunday Morning. After the Saturday results.

MankatoBison
09-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Start posting (tentative) sign ideas here:

"Rosen Loves the Alaskan Pipeline!"

"The Joose is Loose!"

"Blame it on the JOOSE"

Pika-JOOSE (Giant Pikachu with Stig's face holding a Joose)

"reduce - Re-Joose - Alcohol abuse"

ndsubison1
09-20-2018, 04:10 PM

Lol no way. I could see VA Tech at Duke

Bison bison
09-20-2018, 04:30 PM
This all comes down to one person.

And we all know who that person is.

Mr. Lee Fitting of Orient, New York.

Mr. ESPN College Sports.

Mr. Big Time.

Well, Mr. Fitting.

Are you ready to make the call?

Bison 4 Life
09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
This all comes down to one person.

And we all know who that person is.

Mr. Lee Fitting of Orient, New York.

Mr. ESPN College Sports.

Mr. Big Time.

Well, Mr. Fitting.

Are you ready to make the call?

He moved on 3+ years ago. The new producer is Jim Gaiero.

Bison bison
09-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Holy smokes.

Mr. Fitting, has just thrown down.

Second to JMU? I know it's his alma mater, but I don't see how the challenge wasn't just extended.

(in all honesty, the JMU College Gamedays were very good television)

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1042403317010366465

HerdBot
09-20-2018, 04:34 PM
WDAY said they asked the Mayor about it, and he said if they were coming he would know today or tomorrow, but officially its decided on Sunday Morning. After the Saturday results.

That definitely is more than a Jim Carey you're telling me there chance, chance

Bison 4 Life
09-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Holy smokes.

Mr. Fitting, has just thrown down.

Second to JMU? I know it's his alma mater, but I don't see how the challenge was just extended.

(in all honesty, the JMU College Gamedays were very good television)

https://twitter.com/ESPN_ReceDavis/status/1042451819170017280

They showed the best campus environment. We showed the best community involvement.

Bison bison
09-20-2018, 04:40 PM
This.

Although it's nice to hear from Mr. Fitting, but my mom's said I'm special for years.

BisonNeil
09-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Obviously the game doesn't have to be on an ESPN/ABC station. The first GameDay this year was at Notre Dame for the Michigan game/renewed rivalry, which televised on NBC. Over the years several have been at a location where the SEC game was on CBS.

Bison bison
09-20-2018, 06:17 PM
He moved on 3+ years ago. The new producer is Jim Gaiero.

He's Gaiero's boss, only three steps below Mickey Mouse.

HerdBot
09-20-2018, 07:11 PM
He's Gaiero's boss, only three steps below Mickey Mouse.

Mickey Mouse is not a fan of storylines of schools involved in Pedophile rings and domestic violence.

Mr Pep Band
09-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Due to DOT regulations, CDL drivers can only drive 11 hours in a 24 hour period. They can be on-duty for 14 hours, and then a mandatory 10 hours off-duty. 11 of those 14 hours can be driving. And after 8 hours of on-duty/driving, a 30 min break in required. So driving from Eugene to College would take 4 days at about 42 hours of drive time. Now if they have two drivers per truck they can do it in 2 days. But that is still a lot of miles, fuel, money, and time. From a logistics standpoint, I think Fargo would look to be a favorable option.

We are roughly in the middle of the country, East-West wise, a good start point depending on where they go the week after. An excellent atmosphere which they have repeatedly glorified. And a intriguing match-up with SDSU they can spend some time on, not much compared to the FBS, but still some.

2011BisonAlumni
09-20-2018, 08:23 PM
Due to DOT regulations, CDL drivers can only drive 11 hours in a 24 hour period. They can be on-duty for 14 hours, and then a mandatory 10 hours off-duty. 11 of those 14 hours can be driving. And after 8 hours of on-duty/driving, a 30 min break in required. So driving from Eugene to College would take 4 days at about 42 hours of drive time. Now if they have two drivers per truck they can do it in 2 days. But that is still a lot of miles, fuel, money, and time. From a logistics standpoint, I think Fargo would look to be a favorable option.

We are roughly in the middle of the country, East-West wise, a good start point depending on where they go the week after. An excellent atmosphere which they have repeatedly glorified. And a intriguing match-up with SDSU they can spend some time on, not much compared to the FBS, but still some.

Too bad the Eagles don’t have a bye week.....

stevdock
09-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Too bad the Eagles don’t have a bye week.....

I was thinking that too. If they were able to get Carson here for the show that might clinch it. Heck Cars might have even brought Goedert with ;). But instead the boys selfishly has to be playing against the Titans the next day ;)

Vet70
09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
I was thinking that too. If they were able to get Carson here for the show that might clinch it. Heck Cars might have even brought Goedert with ;). But instead the boys selfishly has to be playing against the Titans the next day ;)

So, both of them would be free on Saturday?

AKBison
09-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Since we are running out of celebs to trot out for GD, my gut says it will be Governor Burgum. If Amy Olson had won last weekend, she would have been a great pick for that role!

cbline
09-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Since we are running out of celebs to trot out for GD, my gut says it will be Governor Burgum. If Amy Olson had won last weekend, she would have been a great pick for that role!

As a proud alum of the Class of 1984, I volunteer my services.

Bison03
09-21-2018, 03:43 PM
I’ve said it since Gameday Part 1; and if Gameday Part 3 comes; it should be Josh Duhamel.

Vet70
09-21-2018, 03:47 PM
I’ve said it since Gameday Part 1; and if Gameday Part 3 comes; it should be Josh Duhamel.

Only if he doesn't show up in his UN_ jersey.

heffray
09-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Only if he doesn't show up in his UN_ jersey.

I wouldn’t put it past him. He’s equally opportunity Nodak...

Bison Loaf
09-21-2018, 03:52 PM
I wonder what Loaf is doing that Saturday? Asking for a friend.

HerdBot
09-21-2018, 03:52 PM

I'm sure they could call in or do a quick video call / confernce. Would be pretty cool seeing Carson and Dallas

Vet70
09-21-2018, 04:00 PM
I wonder what Loaf is doing that Saturday? Asking for a friend.

I would believe you if you had a friend.:biggrin:

JMB
09-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Bunny Logic From the Rabbit Warren (aka SDSUfans.com)

Too bad the game isn't in Brookings this year. We have some great places around the stadium which would be perfect spots for the GameDay set -- think of the grassy area across the street south from the stadium with either the SW or the SE corners of the stadium giving a glimpse of the stadium interior with the back side of the scoreboard taking up the left or right third of the TV background.

Actually if ESPN did show up, I think the the SDSU/NDSU partnership during the D1 transition would be an interesting story. Rivals in sports but partners in transition sort of thing. Granted they would have to track down Fred Oien and Gene Taylor.

Bison bison
09-21-2018, 04:19 PM

This. Absolute no brainer.

Mr Meaty
09-21-2018, 04:41 PM

Actually if ESPN did show up, I think the the SDSU/NDSU partnership during the D1 transition would be an interesting story. Rivals in sports but partners in transition sort of thing. Granted they would have to track down Fred Oien and Gene Taylor.

Also now you have Carson and Dallas as teammates in the NFL. Just another story line.

scottietohottie
09-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Would the joose be a story line?

gumby013
09-22-2018, 03:18 AM
Penn State is losing to Illinois in the 3rd quarter. 24-21

Bison03
09-22-2018, 03:54 AM
Penn State is losing to Illinois in the 3rd quarter. 24-21
Well...that lead didn’t last long. Yikes!! 42-24 Penn State now.

MNLonghorn10
09-22-2018, 05:10 AM

RATING$!!!!!!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/030-1.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/023-3.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/016-3.jpg

bisonfanette
09-22-2018, 06:26 AM
I would believe you if you had a friend.:biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (sorry, couldn't help myself!)

A1pigskin
09-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Also now you have Carson and Dallas as teammates in the NFL. Just another story line.

Good point.......

Hammersmith
09-22-2018, 04:03 PM
A live duck shit or pissed on Lee Corso. What does that mean about our chances? :D

EC8CH
09-22-2018, 04:14 PM
A live duck shit or pissed on Lee Corso. What does that mean about our chances? :D

Manure Expo was in Brookings this year.
Gameday III CONFIRMED!

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Kolpak says they're not coming. C his Twitter

HerdBot
09-22-2018, 09:58 PM

He said they haven't received a call as of 430, so unlikely

heffray
09-23-2018, 12:17 AM

He was so convinced a few days ago...

marenlee
09-23-2018, 02:08 AM
Confirmed at Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevdock
09-23-2018, 02:09 AM
They just announced during the Stanford Oregon game that they will be at the Penn St. Ohio St game for GameDay next week.

MNLonghorn10
09-23-2018, 02:24 AM
They just announced during the Stanford Oregon game that they will be at the Penn St. Ohio St game for GameDay next week.

as predicted. thats gonna be hell of a game, probably a white out in happy valley. Haskins looks every bit the part.

BadlandsBison
09-23-2018, 02:50 AM

That'll be a fun game

HerdBot
09-23-2018, 03:23 AM
as predicted. thats gonna be hell of a game, probably a white out in happy valley. Haskins looks every bit the part.

I remember how some people were predicting death penalty level punishment after the Pedophile ring scandal. Instead they are given an early release, scales back scholarship cuts, and they are already a contender. That was effective. Not.

Christopher Moen
09-23-2018, 03:37 AM
I remember how some people were predicting death penalty level punishment after the Pedophile ring scandal. Instead they are given an early release, scales back scholarship cuts, and they are already a contender. That was effective. Not.

For those involved and those who didn't do the right thing, it pretty much was a death penalty. I'm not a fan of PSU, but I'm not sure how punishing those not even remotely involved with the heinous actions does any good.

HerdBot
09-23-2018, 03:41 AM
For those involved and those who didn't do the right thing, it pretty much was a death penalty. I'm not a fan of PSU, but I'm not sure how punishing those not even remotely involved with the heinous actions does any good.

The NCAA wouldn't give a power 5 team the death penalty if every player on the team, all the coaches, and AD were part of a cannibalism ring and they had fans donating to the cause. Completely useless organization.

natstar1
09-23-2018, 03:41 AM

The punishment wasn't effective because the football team got good too soon?

Honeybooboo
09-23-2018, 03:57 AM
Lol...no shit...anyone that thought they were coming here over PSU-OSU was delusional

Ndsu was a back up plan in case either lost

El_Chapo
09-23-2018, 04:06 AM
NDSU was never a thought. I told u. Been here. Done that .

Won't be back until NDSU is FBS playing Nebraska in Sanford Stadium

MNLonghorn10
09-23-2018, 06:10 AM
Lol...no shit...anyone that thought they were coming here over PSU-OSU was delusional

Ndsu was a back up plan in case either lostThe one thing ndsu had going for it was location. They could roll in tomorrow night and start setting up shop monday.

Eugene to state college is 40 hrs. A single driver can do 10 hrs of driving for every 8 hrs off. So in a perfect world if it left at midnight tonight itd be into state college late tuesday with a single driver... not including breaks, fuel mechanical shit. Pretty risky to do a cross country show so we'll see

reformedUNDfan
09-23-2018, 06:23 AM
next best chance is Illinois State

JMB
09-23-2018, 10:58 AM

I am on the fence if the NCAA should have done anything. Isn't the NCAA's role to try set the rules around competition? I am not sure Penn State's actions, although disgusting, fall under their jurisdiction.

oldmantutters
09-23-2018, 02:17 PM
I am on the fence if the NCAA should have done anything. Isn't the NCAA's role to try set the rules around competition? I am not sure Penn State's actions, although disgusting, fall under their jurisdiction.This is where I'm at, and always have been, on the whole Penn State situation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

scbison91
09-23-2018, 04:18 PM
next best chance is Illinois State
Yep.. only decent games (all teams currently in top 25)are Michigan vs Michigan State and Oklahoma vs TCU...... Already went to TCU last week....

TBone
09-23-2018, 08:19 PM
par for the course, you have no idea what is going on. Moorhead sucks

Bison bison
09-23-2018, 09:09 PM
I am on the fence if the NCAA should have done anything. Isn't the NCAA's role to try set the rules around competition? I am not sure Penn State's actions, although disgusting, fall under their jurisdiction.

?

They are also there to see that this is really student athletics and not the upside down which was the case in PA.

BisonTeacher
09-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Anyone else find it hypocritical that the Penn state fans are calling out The OSU coach for his current issues?

Elvis was a Bison
09-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Chilly, overcast, chance of showers, SDSU preparing to get a major beat-down. Looks like OSU-PSU was a good choice by ESPN. If ISUr keeps winning, that will be a better choice!!

SlickVic
09-29-2018, 03:23 PM
i was at the 2005 osu/psu gameday prolly a top 10 c football game of all time you tube it fools

Hammersmith
09-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Actually picking the Marker game.

4-0 NDSU

Celeb picker was Keegan-Michael Key

Elvis was a Bison
09-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Very wise choices!

BisonNeil
10-06-2018, 01:48 AM

Just to reiterate that the network has NOTHING to do with where GameDay goes, they are at the Texas at Oklahoma game this weekend and that game is televised by Fox.