PDA

View Full Version : Nicolls State / Tailgate invite

BismarckBison
09-27-2005, 08:36 PM
http://forums.delphiforums.com/nicholls/messages

"7colonel5" is looking for a tailgate invite, can some of the Bison tailgaters invite them to your spot?

I copied his request from the site, under "Nicolls State Football- 2005

"Will see what we can put in our luggage & bring up there. the real "cooks" aren't making the trip, but if u ever get the chance to sample their work...you'll be in for a feast u wouldn't soon forget.!!!

Do we need any name contacts around the tailgatiing area, or just mozy on in....????
later,"

Bisonguy
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
The Battlewagon (sans flags :'() is always a great gathering place for tailgating.

7colonel5- just look for this rig- The Bison Battlewagon (http://wat.midco.net/traci20011/insider/HTML/images/msut1.jpg) (link takes you to a picture of it). I'll be wearing a #90 Bison jersey.

Bring spices. Most people in North Dakota think that paprika is too spicy. *;D I will have stuffed jalapenos, but they went way too fast at the last home game. Better make a bigger batch this go around.

Words of advice-most people in this area are very friendly, but not very outgoing. You might have to initiate the conversation at times. Just a result of the conservative mindset in the region. *

BisonMav
09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Bring spices. Most people in North Dakota think that paprika is too spicy. *;D I will have stuffed jalapenos, but they went way too fast at the last home game. Better make a bigger batch this go around.

Would a bottle of *Endorphine Rush work? 8)

*Warning, do not use if you have a history of heart problems. Keep out of reach of pets.

tony
09-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Hehehe - yeah, everything that Bisonguy said but...

...I am ashamed to admit that the Sunday before last I went into Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered their spiciest wings (Blazing?) and added, "Make them as spicy as you can." Well, I ate them but tears were running down my face by the fourth wing. I know I'm getting old but, heck, my wife and I were in Bangkok five years ago and I ordered this soup, some sort of southern Thai speciality that is supposedly a cure-all, anyway it looked like tomato soup and tasted like pureed Thai peppers, a cook and two waiters came out to watch me eat it, apparently expecting me to spontaneously combust... anyway, that was spicy but it didn't make me cry (well, not immediately). Maybe eastern North Dakotans are toughening up a bit? OTOH, I followed that up with a batch of Hot and a batch of Wild and those seemed very tame.

Anyway, I'd suggest the Battle Wagon too - those folks are very sociable. North Dakotans, especially in the eastern part of the state, aren't likely to come up and strike a conversation.

house_of_bison
09-28-2005, 03:16 PM
the wday area is also a hot spot of tailgating...and we will have a lovely 32oz. teammakers/wday mugs available!!! so come and say hi..
oh, also nodak will be there with a bunch of holland grills cookin up some great food!!!

IL_Bison
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
the wday area is also a hot spot of tailgating...and we will have a lovely 32oz. teammakers/wday mugs available!!! *so come and say hi..
oh, also nodak will be there with a bunch of holland grills cookin up some great food!!!

Great news, I haven't been to a Saturday game since 2001, so I'm looking forward to taking in the tailgating festivities on Saturday. Flying in from Illinois so it's good to hear there are some vendors there...and beer ;D

swany_spectrum
09-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Those blazing wings are hot! It feels like a nail is being driven through your tounge, and your whole face just hurts! I can relate to your wings experience.

I once witnessed a friend take down a dozen of them! How you ask? She did track for 'SU and said she just focused on finishing them and ignored the pain. Wow! No wonder our women's track team is top notch!

As chilly as it is this morning sounds like we'll have beautiful weather to tailgate. Can't wait til 1p Saturday!!!

IL_Bison
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Quick question, are there vendors that sell beer (ie are those 32 oz mugs empty or full)? Or is it all BYOB? Thanks.

Bison_Dan
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Quick question, are there vendors that sell beer (ie are those 32 oz mugs empty or full)? *Or is it all BYOB? *Thanks.

You have to bring your own beer. See yea there!!

Bisonfan1
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
IL_Bison - feel free to join our tailgate, everyone is always welcome. The Battle Wagon is easy to spot, was alot easier to spot with 3 flags flying, trying to make one flag pole out of two for this weekend though. GO BISON

IL_Bison
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
IL_Bison - feel free to join our tailgate, everyone is always welcome. The Battle Wagon is easy to spot, was alot easier to spot with 3 flags flying, trying to make one flag pole out of two for this weekend though. GO BISON

Thanks for the offer!! Any plans on taking the Battlewagon down to Carbondale in November?

swany_spectrum
09-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I know there is a sizable group of us young guns planning on road tripping to Carbondale for the game. Any recommendations for good places to eat (bars) and stay (party)?

IL_Bison
09-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I know there is a sizable group of us young guns planning on road tripping to Carbondale for the game. *Any recommendations for good places to eat (bars) and stay (party)?

As far as Carbondale, I've never been there myself, never really had a reason to go until now. If you were in Champaign, I could definitely help you out. However, a friend of my wife went to school there, so I'll get back to you sometime as the game approaches.

Bisonguy
09-30-2005, 12:20 AM
86 degrees is now the forecasted high for saturday. Break out the shorts!!!

Bisonfan1
09-30-2005, 10:29 PM
And the sunglasses if Bisonguy is wearing shorts !!! 8)

Bisonguy
09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
And the sunglasses if Bisonguy is wearing shorts !!! 8)

LOL!

Just heard the forecast- should be close to 90 tomorrow. Currently 86 in Fargo. ;D

sambini
10-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Good beer drinking weather.

Bisonfan1
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Well BisonGuy did wear shorts, AND thank goodness we all had sunglasses. We had a pretty good group of Nicolls State fans at the tailgate. Real nice people, glad you folks joined us.

Bisonguy
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Well BisonGuy did wear shorts, AND thank goodness we all had sunglasses. We had a pretty good group of Nicolls State fans at the tailgate. Real nice people, glad you folks joined us.

Well, yesterday was more than likely the last time for shorts this year anyhow, and you could differentiate my socks from the legs.

The Nicholls State fans were great. Sounded like they had a good time, as well.