PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Practice Facility

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tony
09-03-2018, 04:40 PM
On the NDSU Football Show, they had Matt Larsen and a segment on the future IPF (~17:00).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j08qEUci8Fs

Synopsis: It has a 70' ceiling, dimensions are 60 x 120 yards, and the price tag is $37.2 million. The Legislature still needs to approve the project. If that goes through, the earliest start date is this time next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that raising money for a new building is easier than raising money to refurbish an old one.

westnodak93bison
09-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Can it be used for soccer games?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
09-03-2018, 05:42 PM
A drive south along University is going to be very impressive for Bison athletics.

HerdBot
09-03-2018, 07:17 PM
A drive south along University is going to be very impressive for Bison athletics.

Eventually the NDSU Development folks will convert everything down University (that's rental houses) to the gas station to NDSU stuff. They own a majority of the houses down University including the houses that will be across from the Indoor Practice Facility. Plus the Catholic church across the street from the gas station has plans to do some impressive things. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39416-Newman-Center-project

It's going to clearly define the border of the campus and a trip down University will look big time

skolbizun
09-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Also curious if soccer games can be played in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
09-03-2018, 10:15 PM

No seating for spectators. The field should be technically large enough for soccer, but will it have lines? Don't know. None of the renderings show soccer lines, but that doesn't mean they won't be added.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/lssl2Kbdld4hA/

westnodak93bison
09-03-2018, 10:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat would have made too much sense

Hammersmith
09-03-2018, 10:37 PM
That would have made too much sense

I understand where you guys are coming from, but I think it's better to keep it purely a practice facility. If you decide you want to put games in there, you have to add room for seating, the seating itself, public restrooms, a location for taking tickets(even if it's just space for a table), and maybe a space for limited concessions. Plus you have to configure the entrances and hallways to keep spectators from getting into team areas. All for what? A game or two every few years? If it's that important, use the Fargodome.

As a side note, I think soccer prefers a different style of artificial turf than football. Soccer turf is designed to be smoother and faster to keep the speed of the ball high. Football turf is deeper and coarser to allow for better grip. If Dacotah were to get the faster type now that it will be soccer-only, I doubt they would want to play a game on something different than what they're practicing on; they would be giving up a home field advantage.

bisonp
09-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Is there a need for indoor soccer? I didn't know that was in demand.

Hammersmith
09-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Is there a need for indoor soccer? I didn't know that was in demand.

I think it's a weather thing. They think it would be good to have an alternate venue instead of cancelling a game due to weather.

wisco4
09-04-2018, 05:37 PM
That would have made too much sense

I understood it to be a football program only facility. Locker rooms, weight room, practice space etc.

bisonp
09-04-2018, 06:03 PM
I think it's a weather thing. They think it would be good to have an alternate venue instead of cancelling a game due to weather.

But who else does that for women's soccer? Does baseball need an indoor facility too? Softball?

Just seems like a ridiculous thing to bitch about.

EC8CH
09-04-2018, 06:05 PM
I though I heard discussions of softball being able to use the IPF. I'd assume baseball could then as well.

I'd imagine everything the bubble is currently being used for would be replaced by the IPF.

bisonp
09-04-2018, 06:08 PM
I though I heard discussions of softball being able to use the IPF. I'd assume baseball could then as well.

I'd imagine everything the bubble is currently being used for would be replaced by the IPF.

Practice, sure. Games are another matter.

1998braves64
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Not that they put it up specifically for bad weather but Soccer/baseball/softball will still have Dacotah Field and then bubble in winter obviously? Or is bubble gone once FB has their IPF? Isn't the replacement on that turf coming up soon too? With the new softball field have to imagine March dates are no longer out of the question there. Baseball will still have to utilize Newman. I haven't heard us having a lot of issues with soccer schedules, tend to load up the early part of the season in the fall don't they? But for most part they should be able to play into Nov with artificial turf?

EC8CH
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Practice, sure. Games are another matter.

For sure. Seriously doubt they'd use if for anything but practice.

Hammersmith
09-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Not that they put it up specifically for bad weather but Soccer/baseball/softball will still have Dacotah Field and then bubble in winter obviously? Or is bubble gone once FB has their IPF? Isn't the replacement on that turf coming up soon too? With the new softball field have to imagine March dates are no longer out of the question there. Baseball will still have to utilize Newman. I haven't heard us having a lot of issues with soccer schedules, tend to load up the early part of the season in the fall don't they? But for most part they should be able to play into Nov with artificial turf?

Haven't heard anything about the bubble. But I wonder if it isn't closer to the end of it's lifespan then the beginning? Don't know about these things. If they install soccer-specific turf in Dacotah Field soon, then I wonder if they'd keep the bubble as long as they can. Would need to see the setup/teardown, storage, and heating costs to see if it's worth the money.

Also, it sounded like this was the breakdown for the new IPF:
Football - primary usage by a lot
Softball - most everything will be in the new softball IPF, football IPF only used for limited fielding practice(popups using the high ceiling)
Baseball - same as softball
Golf - most practice in the SHAC, occasional FB IPF usage for longer drives into a net instead of a short-range simulator
Soccer - don't know - depends on future of bubble

Hammersmith
09-04-2018, 06:36 PM
But who else does that for women's soccer? Does baseball need an indoor facility too? Softball?

Just seems like a ridiculous thing to bitch about.

I was trying to be nice about it, but yeah.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2018, 08:55 PM
I'm almost sure I heard when they first announced it that it would be used for Softball and other field sports as well.

HerdBot
09-04-2018, 11:17 PM
I'm almost sure I heard when they first announced it that it would be used for Softball and other field sports as well.

Practices yes. Games no. Softball is planning a separate 11,000 square foot indoor facility along the 3rd base line. Its for hitting and fielding but they could still use the big indoor for fly balls. The idea is to provide more space so it's not always booked like the bubble is right now. That's why they have a separate weight room so it eliminates scheduling conflicts. Same with a permanent spot for batting cages. The softball facility will be much cheaper obviously.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Do we know if the bubble has a lot of maintenance costs involved? Seems like even with the IPF you'd still be able to do the bubble over Dacotah Field and essentially have that for any soccer over the winter, etc.

Seems like we bought the thing, might as well use it.

roadwarrior
09-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Do we know if the bubble has a lot of maintenance costs involved? Seems like even with the IPF you'd still be able to do the bubble over Dacotah Field and essentially have that for any soccer over the winter, etc.

Heating costs are astronomical. And the bubble is not expected to last very long. By the time the IPF is finished it will be time to trash the bubble.

HerdBot
09-04-2018, 11:51 PM

I was in Inver Grove Heights a few years ago and they have a bubble that's exactly the same except it's permanent.

There are definitely maintenance costs but if it's up year round, I imagine it would be cheaper than storing it and it would last longer too. I think it would be cool if they could move it by the softball field and leave it up permanently. The cost would be new astro turf and then new fittings / anchors. That would give all teams extra space in cold, wind, and rain when the big daddy IPF is being used. Plus it could be used for Lacrosse, GSMB practices, youth sports, etc. Having too much practice space is never a bad deal in a climate that is either cold and windy or hot and windy.

imabison
09-05-2018, 12:56 AM
I was in Inver Grove Heights a few years ago and they have a bubble that's exactly the same except it's permanent.

There are definitely maintenance costs but if it's up year round, I imagine it would be cheaper than storing it and it would last longer too. I think it would be cool if they could move it by the softball field and leave it up permanently. The cost would be new astro turf and then new fittings / anchors. That would give all teams extra space in cold, wind, and rain when the big daddy IPF is being used. Plus it could be used for Lacrosse, GSMB practices, youth sports, etc. Having too much practice space is never a bad deal in a climate that is either cold and windy or hot and windy.

It seems there is a plan already in place for an IPF down the left field side for the softball complex. As Roadwarrior said the bubble has been extremely expensive to heat from the beginning.
Also its taken down for Soccer to outside.

HerdBot
09-05-2018, 01:02 AM
It seems there is a plan already in place for an IPF down the left field side for the softball complex. As Roadwarrior said the bubble has been extremely expensive to heat from the beginning.
Also its taken down for Soccer to outside.

I wonder if the bubble would have a use if it wasnt heated? Outside of November - February, its plenty warm when you're out of the wind but you still could use the space when it rains or is windy. Between football, summer football camps, soccer, softball, lacrosse, and golf, the need for big space is always needed. Golf has an indoor short field but only the bubble or football IPF can provide space. Same with softball and fly balls. I've been in the bubble a few times and it's very impressive and useful. It's a shame it cant be re used.

Jay
09-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Brian Shawn | https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065 (https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065)

Had a chance to chat with NDSU Athletic Director, Matt Larsen, this week... He mentioned that nearly half of the $38 million dollars for the new indoor facility on campus has been raised, and his hope by this time next year, is to have a shovel in the ground.

KNOW IT ALL
09-07-2018, 04:38 PM
I wonder if the bubble would have a use if it wasnt heated? Outside of November - February, its plenty warm when you're out of the wind but you still could use the space when it rains or is windy. Between football, summer football camps, soccer, softball, lacrosse, and golf, the need for big space is always needed. Golf has an indoor short field but only the bubble or football IPF can provide space. Same with softball and fly balls. I've been in the bubble a few times and it's very impressive and useful. It's a shame it cant be re used.

YES, it could be used as Green House for the Agr Dept.

HerdBot
09-07-2018, 04:40 PM
YES, it could be used as Green House for the Agr Dept.

That's kind if funny. Maybe when weed is legal...

KNOW IT ALL
09-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Weed would fund a new stadium, let alone a practice facility. GO WEED!!!

IBleedYellow
09-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Brian Shawn | https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065 (https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065)

Had a chance to chat with NDSU Athletic Director, Matt Larsen, this week... He mentioned that nearly half of the $38 million dollars for the new indoor facility on campus has been raised, and his hope by this time next year, is to have a shovel in the ground.

NDSU's fundraising for football is completely on a different level compared to the rest of the athletic department. I bet we secure funding for this entire thing by Feb of 2019.

Professor Chaos
09-07-2018, 05:39 PM
NDSU's fundraising for football is completely on a different level compared to the rest of the athletic department. I bet we secure funding for this entire thing by Feb of 2019.
Makes you wonder what they could get and how fast towards the funding of a new stadium... :hide:

heffray
09-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Makes you wonder what they could get and how fast towards the funding of a new stadium... :hide:

lol... the count of thread's being hijacked by the 'FBS move' topic is currently at 3... Let's make it 4, Bisonville!!!

Christopher Moen
09-07-2018, 06:37 PM
lol... the count of thread's being hijacked by the 'FBS move' topic is currently at 3... Let's make it 4, Bisonville!!!

C'mon man, you got to get with the program!!! Just think of the possibility of traveling to better places than Frisco, TX for the NCAA DI Championship. Being a part of the MWC will get us Bison fans to the following places in December:
1) Las Vegas, NV for the Las Vegas Bowl
2) Boise, ID for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
3) Albuquerque, NM for the New Mexico Bowl
4) Frisco, TX for the Frisco Bowl......oh wait.

BattleBorn
09-07-2018, 06:40 PM
C'mon man, you got to get with the program!!! Just think of the possibility of traveling to better places than Frisco, TX for the NCAA DI Championship. Being a part of the MWC will get us Bison fans to the following places in December:
1) Las Vegas, NV for the Las Vegas Bowl
2) Boise, ID for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
3) Albuquerque, NM for the New Mexico Bowl
4) Frisco, TX for the Frisco Bowl......oh wait.

I hear the Laramie Applebees is hopping this time of year...

Christopher Moen
09-07-2018, 06:47 PM
I hear the Laramie Applebees is hopping this time of year...

Should I admit to being there in the past around that time year. Nothing like get nearly trapped by a blizzard in that town every year when a few friends and I use to run the Cowboy Open.

Vet70
09-07-2018, 06:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/t4GPsXU.png?1

HerdBot
09-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Holy shit it took like a decade to raise money for the SHAC. Almost half way there for the IPF. Wow.

BattleBorn
09-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Holy shit it took like a decade to raise money for the SHAC. Almost half way there for the IPF. Wow.

This is incredible. I am far more into football than basketball, but I wonder what our program could become if it had even half the support as football.

HerdBot
09-07-2018, 07:16 PM
This is incredible. I am far more into football than basketball, but I wonder what our program could become if it had even half the support as football.

I assumed since it's been quite that we hadnt even gotten a lead donor. Boy was I wrong.

Bisonfanatical
09-07-2018, 07:21 PM
lol... the count of thread's being hijacked by the 'FBS move' topic is currently at 3... Let's make it 4, Bisonville!!!Maybe we could compromise?

Expand the dome and stay where we are.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

56BISON73
09-07-2018, 07:23 PM
I assumed since it's been quite that we hadnt even gotten a lead donor. Boy was I wrong.

Seriously? You didnt think donors werent in place before the announcement?

MankatoBison
09-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Haha correct. I'm cool with refurbing the dome though. Either way- donors would go insane for that stuff- just as they are with the IPF

HerdBot
09-07-2018, 08:20 PM
Seriously? You didnt think donors werent in place before the announcement?

After it took a decade to build the SHAC... no. I guess that was why

Professor Chaos
09-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Hey, I didn't say anything about that! I'm just a pro-bigger stadium guy not necessarily a pro-FBS guy. Although I concede that I opened the door for that to start without reading any replies between this one and the end of the thread currently.

heffray
09-07-2018, 09:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/t4GPsXU.png?1

I’ve been called “quixotic” more times than I care to mention...

heffray
09-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Hey, I didn't say anything about that! I'm just a pro-bigger stadium guy not necessarily a pro-FBS guy. Although I concede that I opened the door for that to start without reading any replies between this one and the end of the thread currently.

Yeah, talking about a bigger stadium isn’t EXACTLY like bringing up a move to FBS, but uh, let’s just say it’s...

...wait for it...

IN THE BALLPARK.

(ialways)

Bison 4 Life
09-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Yeah, talking about a bigger stadium isn’t EXACTLY like bringing up a move to FBS, but uh, let’s just say it’s...

...wait for it...

IN THE BALLPARK.

(ialways)

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/15234710/yeaaah-csi-miami.jpg

YYYYEAAAAAAAAAH!

Bisonguy
09-09-2018, 04:02 AM
No seating for spectators. The field should be technically large enough for soccer, but will it have lines? Don't know. None of the renderings show soccer lines, but that doesn't mean they won't be added.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/lssl2Kbdld4hA/

The minimum NCAA soccer field size is 70 yards wide so it wouldn’t be large enough. Same goes for the Fargodome floor only being 200 feet wide. That’s not including any space past the touch lines.

The issue with artificial turf in the past is that the ball moved way too fast and kept rolling. Bladed turf has helped but there’s still a lot of work to get soccer turf as close to grass for the behavior of the ball.

thunderingherd
09-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Just a guess.... The QB out in Philly will have his name on the IPF.

HerdBot
09-10-2018, 03:51 PM

That would be awsome but Carson still has a few years before he gets that 2nd NFL contract that makes you go from rich to generationally wealthy.

Vet70
09-10-2018, 04:11 PM

Right now he is doing other good works with his money like feeding people.

bisonp
09-10-2018, 04:26 PM

I'm sure he'll donate, but probably not the amount necessary for naming rights. Putting his name on it doesn't seem like his style anyway.

wagsabison
09-10-2018, 04:33 PM
I'm sure he'll donate, but probably not the amount necessary for naming rights. Putting his name on it doesn't seem like his style anyway.

I was thinking the same thing.

oldmantutters
09-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Ao1 IPF

/10char

duluthbison
09-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Ao1 IPF

/10char

Really don't think the university wants their practice facility named in honor of a religious organization too...

Not that there is anything wrong with what he does on his own time, it just doesn't belong on the side of a public university building IMO

Bison 4 Life
09-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Really don't think the university wants their practice facility named in honor of a religious organization too...

Not that there is anything wrong with what he does on his own time, it just doesn't belong on the side of a public university building IMO

I was thinking that. Would be a touch problematic on a few levels.

Vet70
09-10-2018, 06:15 PM
I was thinking that. Would be a touch problematic on a few levels.

That would get the land sharks on it PDQ.

westnodak93bison
09-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Would it make sense to make it big enough to play soccer? Couldn't we get a few brownie points toward title 9?

HerdBot
09-12-2018, 01:54 AM
Would it make sense to make it big enough to play soccer? Couldn't we get a few brownie points toward title 9?

It would need to be about 12 yards wider plus extra sideline. Add in space for seating and the building is 30" wider. Doesnt sound like much but adding 30" x 120" + could change construction and cost and by looking at the renderings, that 2nd football field is closer to the fence along University so I don't think it would fit.

If we were to spend extra money, I would rather see us add a basement below it because it seems like some sort of need pops up all the time.

Besides Soccer plays during the warm season anyways and the season ends mid to late October. I would rather see us continue to make upgrades to Dacotah Field

Bisonguy
09-12-2018, 03:27 AM
It would need to be about 12 yards wider plus extra sideline. Add in space for seating and the building is 30" wider. Doesnt sound like much but adding 30" x 120" + could change construction and cost and by looking at the renderings, that 2nd football field is closer to the fence along University so I don't think it would fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw

Hammerhead
09-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Sometimes I feel guilty giving $100 to Team Makers when it could be going to help those really in need.

heffray
09-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Sometimes I feel guilty giving $100 to Team Makers when it could be going to help those really in need.

Part of your $5 monthly BI subscription now goes to AO1, if that helps...

(and if you don’t mind a little proselytizing to go along with those good deeds...)

NDSU1980
09-12-2018, 09:24 PM

But if you donate to the Team Makers scholarship fund your truly helping a football player in need.

56BISON73
09-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Bullshit...

southcliffbison
09-12-2018, 09:40 PM

Stop it, or I'm going to start crying.........

GOBISON123
09-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Nobody believes in climate change anymore, basements are the next big thing. We need a bigger basement in the new indoor practice facility.

HerdBot
09-13-2018, 12:37 AM
Nobody believes in climate change anymore, basements are the next big thing. We need a bigger basement in the new indoor practice facility.

Given there wont be any space for a future addition, adding a basement could be smart. It's easier to do it right away than 10 years from now when we realize we need more space for whatever needs come up like extra offices, players lounge, more study or tutor space, medical space, extra hot/cold tubs, etc. Who knows we could add an extra sport some day. You can never have enough space.

Christopher Moen
09-13-2018, 01:40 AM

Nobody? Try convincing those who actually understand how "The Dust Bowl" was created.

westnodak93bison
09-13-2018, 01:47 AM
Nobody? Try convincing those who actually understand how "The Dust Bowl" was created.What chu talkin bout Chris?

Christopher Moen
09-13-2018, 01:49 AM
What chu talkin bout Chris?

That those who deny that humans can impact the Earth's climate are delusional.

Pretty sure we've been down this road before.

Vet70
09-13-2018, 01:58 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5XezD56aQ0wTK/giphy.gif

Professor Chaos
09-13-2018, 02:58 AM
I think this thread is cursed....

Honeybooboo
09-13-2018, 03:07 AM
Lol...IPF to the dustbowl, god love you Bisonville

bisonaudit
09-13-2018, 03:24 AM
Maybe we should focus on raising the money to build the thing for the needs defined today and then maybe if some person with a big fat check comes along and wants to put their name on a vacant basement for unspecified future needs that may materialize at some undetermined date, they can have a conversation with the AD, the Development Foundation, the University President, their financial advisor, their spouse, and a psychiatrist.

MHDBisonfan
09-13-2018, 04:31 AM
Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw

This may be the funniest reply ever on BV!

heffray
09-13-2018, 06:44 AM
That those who deny that humans can impact the Earth's climate are delusional.

Pretty sure we've been down this road before.

Quoted for truth.

Vet70
09-13-2018, 08:15 AM
I think this thread is cursed....

Lol...IPF to the dustbowl, god love you Bisonville

Quoted for even more truth. :facepalm:

runtheoption
09-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Dustbowl?

FBS! FBS! FBS!

GOBISON123
09-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Nobody? Try convincing those who actually understand how "The Dust Bowl" was created.

I do believe in man made climate change, but I am just trying to fit in

NDSU_grad
09-13-2018, 03:53 PM
So to summarize this thread, if the settlers of the Great Plains would have built bigger basements the Dust Bowl would have never happened.

HerdBot
09-13-2018, 04:00 PM

I believe humans can impact climate but I am skeptical to what extent. But I won't comment any further since it's the epitome of thread drift

Ex Pat
09-13-2018, 04:48 PM
And thus completes my bi monthly check in to BV, good to see things are still... drifting...

Bisonfanatical
09-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Dustbowl?

FBS! FBS! FBS!I feel so behind the ball on this one, who played in the dust bowl last year?

And who sponsored it?

And most importantly, do those teams have an indoor practice facility?

heffray
09-13-2018, 05:28 PM
I feel so behind the ball on this one, who played in the dust bowl last year?

And who sponsored it?

And most importantly, do those teams have an indoor practice facility?

1. A couple Mountain West teams no one cares about.
2. Carl’s Jr.
3. Yes.

KNOW IT ALL
09-13-2018, 06:44 PM
And thus completes my bi monthly check in to BV, good to see things are still... drifting...

Sure is some nice weather we've been hav'n. SAY "are those snake skin boots real"?

Vet70
09-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Why do I have the strangest feeling that nothing worth posting is going on with the IPF?

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Why do I have the strangest feeling that nothing worth posting is going on with the IPF?

I think we've already said it. Nearly half the money is in, hoping for shovels next year.

Until then. Blah Blah Blah.

Bookem
09-13-2018, 11:14 PM
George Carlin has a pretty good view of this. The earth will be fine, it's the people that will be fucked!

TAILG8R
09-13-2018, 11:30 PM
I think we've already said it. Nearly half the money is in, hoping for shovels next year.

Until then. Blah Blah Blah.

Don't forget the basement has to be dug first.

Vet70
09-13-2018, 11:34 PM

One Bunker in Eastern North Dakota is enough.

BisonNation11
12-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Was curious looking at the NDSU Giving Day stuff and there's a fundraiser for the IPF. They're matching donations up to $15,000. They're around $6000. I think this is something we could help along a little bit more than that.

1998braves64
12-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Was curious looking at the NDSU Giving Day stuff and there's a fundraiser for the IPF. They're matching donations up to $15,000. They're around $6000. I think this is something we could help along a little bit more than that.They sent out an email to teammakers today. Came from simmers address.

What is the status on fundraising for ipf? People were saying we'd have a building done by 2020?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisBison
12-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Come on people. We have two anonymous donors who have offered to match gifts up to $15,000 each for the IPF. We're only $5,570 towards the first match.(sad) Go to ndsugivingday.com select donate now and give to the IPF! Your donation will be doubled. Let's not leave this money on the table. We need this facility. We have until 2:00AM Wednesday to make this happen.

NDSU1980
12-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Come on people. We have two anonymous donors who have offered to match gifts up to $15,000 each for the IPF. We're only $5,570 towards the first match.(sad) Go to ndsugivingday.com select donate now and give to the IPF! Your donation will be doubled. Let's not leave this money on the table. We need this facility. We have until 2:00AM Wednesday to make this happen.

I just looked, it says NDSU has raised over $24,365 from 66 donations.

Bison 4 Life
12-05-2018, 12:30 AM

Clearly people are withholding their donations because NDSU is still FCS.

reformedUNDfan
12-05-2018, 12:37 AM

or are they donating because its the last hurdle before FBS

BisBison
12-05-2018, 12:37 AM
I just looked, it says NDSU has raised over $24,365 from 66 donations.

That is to the entire athletic department. Not specifically to this matching fund. We're now at $6,620 towards the first match. Not much progress. https://www.ndsugivingday.com/giving-day/10125/department/10129

StL Bison Fan
12-05-2018, 12:43 AM
Just gave! Every little bit helps!

23Bison
12-05-2018, 12:47 AM

Or clearly it’s freaking December and heading into the holidays and after Black Friday and cyber Monday.

Bisonator98
12-05-2018, 01:18 AM
Got my donation in, I challenge the rest of Bisonville to get this up to $15K!

BisonLaw
12-05-2018, 01:28 AM
Or clearly it’s freaking December and heading into the holidays and after Black Friday and cyber Monday.

I was thinking this. What a terrible time to do NDSU giving day. People are spending money on holiday shopping, travel, charities, and oh yeah, Bison playoff tickets and Frisco travel! They should do this on like June 1st.

El_Chapo
12-05-2018, 01:29 AM
Scrap it ans use all funds for new on campus stadium.

Bison 4 Life
12-05-2018, 01:29 AM
I was thinking this. What a terrible time to do NDSU giving day. People are spending money on holiday shopping, travel, charities, and oh yeah, Bison playoff tickets and Frisco travel! They should do this on like June 1st.

Thinking the same thing. It's going to cost me north of a grand to haul the family up to Fargo for Christmas.

Bisonator98
12-05-2018, 01:36 AM
It's a global thing called Giving Tuesday. It's not just an NDSU deal.

BisBison
12-05-2018, 01:44 AM

Thanks for your help BIsonator98!!!

BisonLaw

Makes sense. It's up over $8k matched now. In the grand scheme, a relatively small amount, but thats still $16k they didn't have yesterday.

BisBison
Just gave! Every little bit helps!

Thanks for your Help StL Bison Fan!!

BisBison
12-05-2018, 01:45 AM
Makes sense. It's up over $8k matched now. In the grand scheme, a relatively small amount, but thats still $16k they didn't have yesterday.

Yup $16K isn't going to build it, but we have to look under every stone. Hope we can get both matches maxed out.

23Bison
12-05-2018, 01:51 AM
I’ll see what I can do to help. May have to sell some Christmas presents but hey it’s for the Bison. :biggrin:

Hammerhead
12-05-2018, 02:27 AM
We gave a small amount for the practice facility to match our donation to an academic scholarship fund.

NDSU1980
12-05-2018, 02:36 AM
I ponied up too. Getting closer to the goal

westnodak93bison
12-05-2018, 02:46 AM
I'm gonna wait to see what leadership does with the bb teams and fbs transition.

Christopher Moen
12-05-2018, 02:48 AM
They sent out an email to teammakers today. Came from simmers address.

What is the status on fundraising for ipf? People were saying we'd have a building done by 2020?

Smart email. I donated because of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been aware of it.

BisBison
12-05-2018, 02:51 AM
I'm gonna wait to see what leadership does with the bb teams and fbs transition.

not sure what that has to do with the need for an indoor practice facility for football. But that is certainly your decision. Trouble with waiting is we lose the opportunity to get our contributions matched.

BisBison
12-05-2018, 03:03 AM
Over $10,000 now. Let's Go Bison!!!!

NovaBison
12-05-2018, 03:06 AM
Contributed... Go Bison!

BisBison
12-05-2018, 03:07 AM
Contributed... Go Bison!

Thanks Nova!!!

23Bison
12-05-2018, 03:14 AM
At a boy Nova!

MankatoBison
12-05-2018, 03:23 AM
I posted the “shut up and take my money” when they announced this- time I followed through on my commitment haha. Just donated

BisBison
12-05-2018, 03:30 AM
I posted the “shut up and take my money” when they announced this- time I followed through on my commitment haha. Just donated

Wohoo! Thanks Mankato. We're getting closer to at least get the first $15K match filled.

56BISON73
12-05-2018, 05:02 AM
I donated also.

1998braves64
12-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Looks like they ended up at just over $11K donations. So $22,000+ overall the 2nd one didn't even get touched.

HerdBot
12-06-2018, 03:48 PM
If they are taking donations for the IPF, that must mean we are getting closer. Usually they don't actively market smaller donations for a huge project until later in the game. I'm curious where we're at in donations. It was roughly 1/2 of the 38 million last update

roadwarrior
12-06-2018, 05:28 PM
If they are taking donations for the IPF, that must mean we are getting closer. Usually they don't actively market smaller donations for a huge project until later in the game. I'm curious where we're at in donations. It was roughly 1/2 of the 38 million last update

They have been taking donations for the IPF since they unveiled the proposed facility. They also didn't actively market smaller donations. The matching gift came from a donor that wanted to help the project through the NDSU Giving Day.

garbageman
02-07-2019, 05:11 PM
They have been taking donations for the IPF since they unveiled the proposed facility. They also didn't actively market smaller donations. The matching gift came from a donor that wanted to help the project through the NDSU Giving Day.

Does anyone know when this will come before the legislature to get the OK

FCSFan
02-08-2019, 12:48 PM

Hopefully not to ruin the surprise for all the players, but when that New Basement is dug I can't wait to see the look on the coaches faces when I show up to donate my old Pool Table (with many extra cues!!) and an awesome dehumidifier that was only used 1 year!! It gonna be frickin' Awesome!!

HerdBot
02-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Hopefully not to ruin the surprise for all the players, but when that New Basement is dug I can't wait to see the look on the coaches faces when I show up to donate my old Pool Table (with many extra cues!!) and an awesome dehumidifier that was only used 1 year!! It gonna be frickin' Awesome!!

Given the fact we are landlocked for space and are spending almost 40 million, it seems ridiculous to not do a basement with an empty shell for a future players lounge. That's the kind of stuff that wows recruits. Otherwise in 5 years when UND, USD, and SDSU has one or if we plan to move up, well have our thumbs up our ass trying to figure out why we spent 40 million and dont have space for a players lounge. That's the lack of foresight that has us in a dome that is too small

SDbison
02-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Given the fact we are landlocked for space and are spending almost 40 million, it seems ridiculous to not do a basement with an empty shell for a future players lounge. That's the kind of stuff that wows recruits. Otherwise in 5 years when UND, USD, and SDSU has one or if we plan to move up, well have our thumbs up our ass trying to figure out why we spent 40 million and dont have space for a players lounge. That's the lack of foresight that has us in a dome that is too small
NDSU could just implement a plan to thwart growth just like they did for basketball.....who needs a big comfortable basketball arena with suites when terrible coaches keep fans and the best players away.
Brilliant!

AKBison
02-08-2019, 08:58 PM

Probably smart....

NDSU1980
02-08-2019, 09:51 PM
They have to have everything reported out of committee by Feb 19 and have to have things either approved or voted down by one chamber by Feb 22 (crossover day) I have no idea if this is originating in the house or the senate, but we should be hearing something soon.

NDSU1980
02-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Crossover date has passed. Does anyone know the status of our request for approval?

westnodak93bison
02-26-2019, 02:04 AM
Isnt approval just a formality?

imabison
02-26-2019, 02:34 AM
Isnt approval just a formality?

Approval is just a formality, If its brought up for approval. Have not heard of it coming up yet.

thunderingherd
04-03-2019, 08:35 PM
anyone know the status of this?

HerdBot
04-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Heres another reason why we need an IPF. Due to the snow last month, the ipf was damaged and the dome was booked for a rodeo and the pro day was almost canceled. Luckily they fixed it just in time

Hammerhead
04-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Didn't Phil Hansen have to run his 40-yard dash at North High or something like that?

Heres another reason why we need an IPF. Due to the snow last month, the ipf was damaged and the dome was booked for a rodeo and the pro day was almost canceled. Luckily they fixed it just in time

TAILG8R
04-11-2019, 11:37 PM
Didn't Phil Hansen have to run his 40-yard dash at North High or something like that?I thought it was a hallway or something like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

steelbison
04-13-2019, 02:25 AM
Interesting. I saw him run on the track in the old field house for some scouts. But maybe a different time. They had him around 4.7 from what I remember

NDSU1980
04-13-2019, 03:10 AM
It just seems odd that no one has any information on what is happening with the IPF. You would think NDSU would be trying to build some hype and generate some publicity about the status and use it to raise some funds. I'm really getting disappointed in the way this is being handled. We keep hearing it's just a formality to get approval, but has it happened? Come on Matt Larsen, let some info out.

Vet70
04-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Has anyone called Matt or contacted Ryan Perreault in Athletic Communications and asked?

roadwarrior
04-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Has anyone called Matt or contacted Ryan Perreault in Athletic Communications and asked?

Of course not. Ryan wouldn't be one to ask, Jack Maughan or Matt Larsen would be.

Vet70
04-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Of course not. Ryan wouldn't be one to ask, Jack Maughan or Matt Larsen would be.

At least I got one right. I just saw Ryan was involved in planning for all sports and thought that might be a place to start.

roadwarrior
04-13-2019, 05:56 PM
I know they are waiting on a decision from someone regarding naming rights.

Da Bison
04-14-2019, 11:36 PM
I know they are waiting on a decision from someone regarding naming rights.So...... the Roadwarrior IPF.
I like it[emoji106][emoji869][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
04-15-2019, 05:33 PM
I know they are waiting on a decision from someone regarding naming rights.

Just do it Bob! Get it over with!!!

Bisonator98
05-06-2019, 07:43 PM
So I take it this isn't going to start this spring. Been awfully quiet about this since it was announced.

imabison
05-06-2019, 07:53 PM
So I take it this isn't going to start this spring. Been awfully quiet about this since it was announced.

Remember how quiet it was before the Womens BB coach was announces. That seems to be the way Matt Larsen prefers to work.
Oh BisonNeil what is that favorite saying you seem to use...or one of the many :) :o)

NDSU1980
05-06-2019, 09:18 PM
I have it on good authority that the anticipated start date is the spring of 2020. One thing I recently learned, if you pledge money for the IPF over 5 years, they give you the entire lump sum of priority points up front, so there's that little perk. :) Come guys, sign that pledge.

EC8CH
05-06-2019, 11:06 PM
I have it on good authority that the anticipated start date is the spring of 2020. One thing I recently learned, if you pledge money for the IPF over 5 years, they give you the entire lump sum of priority points up front, so there's that little perk. :) Come guys, sign that pledge.

If only for most people priority points didn't matter as much as points on Who's Line is it Anyway.

In all seriousness, nice to see they are throwing a little more incentive people's way to encourage donations.

1998braves64
05-07-2019, 03:43 AM
I have it on good authority that the anticipated start date is the spring of 2020. One thing I recently learned, if you pledge money for the IPF over 5 years, they give you the entire lump sum of priority points up front, so there's that little perk. :) Come guys, sign that pledge.They're having the youth camp on the south practice fields in June so would say this is accurate. Or more likely late winter of 2020. Road said something about getting a naming rights locked down as well a few posts back.

Bisonator98
05-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Hmmm.......waiting on naming rights.......probably won't be started until spring 2020.......Carson Wentz should have an extension with the Eagles by then......:innocent:

Bison 4 Life
05-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Hmmm.......waiting on naming rights.......probably won't be started until spring 2020.......Carson Wentz should have an extension with the Eagles by then......:innocent:

His option year is going to pay him almost as much as his previous 3 combined.

Bisonator98
05-07-2019, 04:13 PM

They'll sign him to an extension before that kicks in to ease the cap hit.

HerdBot
05-07-2019, 04:19 PM

It's not guaranteed

Bisonator98
05-07-2019, 04:23 PM
It's not guaranteed

It is if they don't sign him to an extension.

El_Chapo
05-07-2019, 04:24 PM
save this IPF money for a new on campus stadium.. Fargodome is 25 years old and NDSU could own it outright!

HerdBot
05-07-2019, 07:45 PM
save this IPF money for a new on campus stadium.. Fargodome is 25 years old and NDSU could own it outright!

Considering it would cost us 10 million just to buy new video boards and turf equal to the dome and we would be playing in an SDSU caliber outdoor facility without an IPF like SDSU has... we could end up killing the program. SDSU would love for us to do that.

56BISON73
05-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Considering it would cost us 10 million just to buy new video boards and turf equal to the dome and we would be playing in an SDSU caliber outdoor facility without an IPF like SDSU has... we could end up killing the program. SDSU would love for us to do that.

You do know who youre trying to talk sense to dont you? :D

imabison
05-09-2019, 02:44 PM

Or just a very very random thought based on the event May 15...humm... The Amy and Grant Olson Bison IPF...
Hey I can start a rumor just as good as anyone else...purple...

HerdBot
05-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Or just a very very random thought based on the event May 15...humm... The Amy and Grant Olson Bison IPF...
Hey I can start a rumor just as good as anyone else...purple...

Amy has been killing it but not in the same ballpark or sport in financial terms of Carson Wentz... closer to John Crockett

roadwarrior
05-13-2019, 01:50 AM
Hmmm! Look what I found on the NDSU site. Under construction this summer?

https://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/facilities/Campus_Projects.pdf

HerdBot
05-13-2019, 02:45 AM

Interesting. That would be crazy fast. I dont think Gene Taylor was able to raise that much for the SHAC in 7 years. I wonder If they at the very minimum have enough for the basic stripped down version and anticipate having the full bells and whistle version soon? Or could it just be a misprint?

NDSU1980
05-13-2019, 03:05 AM

Interesting. I just sent in a check and a pledge form to Matt Lien last week and he told me they are still raising money and nothing starts until the spring of 2020. I sure hope I can trust the guy I gave my money too.

I'm guessing they got approval to start whenever they want, but the money isn't all in hand.

Gully
05-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Maybe some initial site prep work to get things moving?

tjbison
05-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Lots of underground infastructure, grade, ect, needs to be done before Building starts.

Christopher Moen
05-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Maybe some initial site prep work to get things moving?

Hard to tell as the End Date is listed as August 3, 2020. I'm not a construction guy, but is getting one of these done in about a year normal?

imabison
05-13-2019, 05:41 PM

Just realized the Softball Indoor Practice facility is not on the list. Maybe it did not get legislative approval..

roadwarrior
05-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Just realized the Softball Indoor Practice facility is not on the list. Maybe it did not get legislative approval..

I think it's more the case that the priority dropped.

1998braves64
05-13-2019, 07:13 PM
This is a somewhat internal NDSU facilities management file? My guess is the 8/1 start date is a "schedule" date for when the assigned person is going to have to start looking at bids etc? Or as mentioned it could be start of site work as well but I'd think that wouldn't happen until after NDSU gets to the point where outdoor practices are less than ideal (Nov??) and can move to the bubble or Fargodome if available. Ideally though you'd start sitework before the ground freezes too hard and also so you can get foundations (with ground thaw methods) in over the winter and start of structural framing very late winter or very early spring. That way you could almost have a good portion done (or say the practice field) by the following fall/early winter.

HerdBot
06-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Been kind of quiet late lately. Roughly 9 months ago it was reported we were half way there. Curious how the fundraising is going

NDSU1980
06-21-2019, 02:14 AM
Was curious looking at the NDSU Giving Day stuff and there's a fundraiser for the IPF. They're matching donations up to $15,000. They're around $6000. I think this is something we could help along a little bit more than that.

Looks like we don't even get Priority Points for our Giving Day donations that were made last December. And, regular IPF donations and pledges are only getting 1 point for ever $100 rather than $50 like everything other TeamMaker contribution.

Beats me why they won't give points for the Giving Day donations and I can't get an answer from Matt Lien on this, I've tried. I'd sure like know what's going on., it's not like points costs the athletic dept. any money. Good grief, how about a little reward for our money???

Christopher Moen
06-21-2019, 02:41 AM
Looks like we don't even get Priority Points for our Giving Day donations that were made last December. And, regular IPF donations and pledges are only getting 1 point for ever $100 rather than $50 like everything other TeamMaker contribution.

Beats me why they won't give points for the Giving Day donations and I can't get an answer from Matt Lien on this, I've tried. I'd sure like know what's going on., it's not like points costs the athletic dept. any money. Good grief, how about a little reward for our money???

Aren't the Giving Day donations and the IPF donations listed as the same - Foundation Gifts to Athletics (1 pt/$100)?

NDSU1980
06-21-2019, 03:09 AM
Aren't the Giving Day donations and the IPF donations listed as the same - Foundation Gifts to Athletics (1 pt/$100)?

Well I would think they would be the same, but so far nothing for the Giving day donation.

imabison
09-27-2019, 01:00 PM

So has this project been put on hold? No new info coming, do not see it on the list anymore.

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2019, 01:01 PM
So has this project been put on hold? No new info coming, do not see it on the list anymore.

ML said they are still fundraising in hopes to get it started next year on a in-game radio interview I heard a couple of weeks ago

AKBison
09-27-2019, 02:07 PM
ML said they are still fundraising in hopes to get it started next year on a in-game radio interview I heard a couple of weeks ago

Ag economy is in the shitter which is not good news for an Ag school that is fundraising. The non Ag alums will have to step up even more to get this thing built.

23Bison
11-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Thread bump. Has anyone heard any new information on how the funding for this is going?

THEsocalledfan
11-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Thread bump. Has anyone heard any new information on how the funding for this is going?

Kolpack said on izzos show that they are just looking for a naming-rights sponsor launch..... In other words the really big fish.

tjbison
11-18-2019, 09:51 PM

Waiting for naming rights donation to put shovels in ground per Izzo and Kolpack this AM

Bison03
11-18-2019, 10:09 PM
You have to believe that Carson has donated, or will donate. Knowing him though, he probably doesnt want a huge deal made of and such donation. It will be nice to get shovels in the ground.

CAS4127
11-18-2019, 10:51 PM
You have to believe that Carson has donated, or will donate. Knowing him though, he probably doesnt want a huge deal made of and such donation. It will be nice to get shovels in the ground.

Or not ....

3Putt
11-18-2019, 11:39 PM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4773159-WATCH-The-Bison-Media-Zone-Pre-Game-Show-hosted-by-Dom-Izzo-and-Jeff-Kolpack

Jack Maughan was on Kolpack and Izzo’s pregame show last week and said they are half way to the $30M goal. They talked about Carson too.

23Bison
11-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Well that's promising. Would be great to get that project started.

NovaBison
12-03-2019, 02:51 PM
I remember doing this last year... it's Giving Day

There is a $50,000 challenge... we need to get 100 donations to unlock a $50K gift for construction of the IPF

I kicked in... hopefully a few more will too

https://www.ndsugivingday.com/giving-day/20271/donate?dept=20275&des=73042

Bisonator98
12-03-2019, 03:03 PM
I remember doing this last year... it's Giving Day

There is a $50,000 challenge... we need to get 100 donations to unlock a $50K gift for construction of the IPF

I kicked in... hopefully a few more will too

One of a few that I donated to today. Thanks for the reminder.

SDbison
12-03-2019, 05:21 PM
I just donated a chunk of money to the indoor practice facility. Still need 80 donations to get the $50,000 match. Putting the challenge out to Bisonville to do your part.

Christopher Moen
12-03-2019, 05:37 PM
I just donated a chunk of money to the indoor practice facility. Still need 80 donations to get the $50,000 match. Putting the challenge out to Bisonville to do your part.

Got my donation in for the year. Now need 76 more donations.

FredAhhh10
12-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Got my donation in for the year. Now need 76 more donations.

Donated. 73 to go to the $50,000 bonus

Professor Chaos
12-03-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm in. Down to 69! (what a number)

Peer pressure is a wonderful thing sometimes.

23Bison
12-03-2019, 07:03 PM
I’m in. Down to 61. (Not as cool of a number)

Bison 4 Life
12-03-2019, 07:07 PM
In, 60 to go.

Jay
12-03-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm in... let's go!

heckler
12-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Done......

gumby013
12-03-2019, 07:32 PM
done and done.

SDbison
12-03-2019, 07:36 PM
This is great (cue the animal house gif)! Now if Lakes donated that would mean everybody has to put in something.......come on Lakes!

JMB
12-03-2019, 07:42 PM
In! (and I am a cheap bastard)...

Should be 54 to go!

23Bison
LAKES!!! Get your wallet out or piggy bank or coffee can or whatever the hell you keep your money in and add to the pot!

SDbison
Down to 54. I forwarded a challenge and link to donate to my tailgate group and several others. If we all do this the $50,000 bonus cash requirement will be met easily. Let's do this!

SDbison
12-03-2019, 07:49 PM
Who is next? Need to keep it going.........

Gary Hansen
12-03-2019, 08:02 PM
I donated, but I think I was counted prior to the countdown beginning here.

SDbison
12-03-2019, 08:08 PM
I donated, but I think I was counted prior to the countdown beginning here.
Awesome.......now contact a bunch of people you know and get at least one to donate.

Bisonator98
12-03-2019, 08:10 PM

We need 53 more come on somebody share this link on fagbook and twister! Go!

Gary Hansen
12-03-2019, 08:10 PM
Awesome.......now contact a bunch of people you know and get at least one to donate.

Did that:cheers:

mtoutfitter
12-03-2019, 08:18 PM
LAKES!!! Get your wallet out or piggy bank or coffee can or whatever the hell you keep your money in and add to the pot!

Strange that he's not all over this thread isn't it? I'm in.

aces1180
12-03-2019, 08:25 PM
In...Down to 53.

NDSUstudent
12-03-2019, 08:34 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/a827c02f04d6bd22ffd21c790799c9e6/tenor.gif

SDbison
12-03-2019, 08:42 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/a827c02f04d6bd22ffd21c790799c9e6/tenor.gif Way to go! For the rest of Bisonville not yet in.......lets see more action and less talk. This is our chance to do something and make a difference!

Bison Dan
12-03-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm in .......

SDbison
12-03-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm in ....... Thanks for making it happen.......down to 47.

23Bison
12-03-2019, 08:48 PM
It’s at 47 now

CAS4127
12-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Done, but it still said they needed 53 more after I did so. Does the number go down by donations or amount needed for match, or perhaps both?

23Bison
12-03-2019, 08:50 PM
Done, but it still said they needed 53 more after I did so. Does the number go down by donations or amount needed for match, or perhaps both?

I think it needs a minute or two to refresh.
Down to 44 now!!!

SDbison
12-03-2019, 08:53 PM
If everyone from Bisonville who donated today gets 2 others from their tailgate, etc. to donate the goal will be met!

JMB
12-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Strange that he's not all over this thread isn't it? I'm in.

Let me try.....

Inflatable practice domes are so D2!!!

23Bison
12-03-2019, 09:07 PM
we are going fbs!!! Fbs fbs!!! Pump it up in here!

#bait!

At 41 now

SDbison
12-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Bump.....down to 41......Just Do It:

blackdiamond2
12-03-2019, 09:16 PM
In down to 40.

TAILG8R
12-03-2019, 09:16 PM
DONE - 39 more to go!

SDbison
12-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Who else will step up? At 37 now!

Bison 4 Life
12-03-2019, 09:47 PM
35! This is pretty exciting

runtheoption
12-03-2019, 10:03 PM
In.

Give till it hurts so good.

tjbison
12-03-2019, 10:04 PM
In, down to 34

23Bison
12-03-2019, 10:09 PM
It’s at 33 now

SDbison
12-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Great effort Bisonville......two thirds of the way.....only 33 left to go. I want to know that Bisonville was 50% of the donations to get to the $50,000 bonus!

DCBison
Hey I'm a cheap bastard too but I'm in - down to 32!!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
Just put in my first ever donation as an alumni! Thanks for posting the link

SDbison
12-03-2019, 10:12 PM
We got momentum......

SlickVic
12-03-2019, 10:17 PM
We got momentum......

22 to go baby----------chest bump!

SlickVic
12-03-2019, 10:21 PM
never mind im a idiot

CAS4127
12-03-2019, 10:24 PM
22 to go baby----------chest bump!

I emailed about 45 mins ago the link to my ‘88 team members and BFPA (Bison Football Players Association)—hopefully that’s helping.

Professor Chaos
12-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Posted a link in the bigger and better FBS thread since building an IPF is a necessary step towards any potential FBS move.

Since donating to this initiative allows you to dictate how to spend $50,000 of someone else's money I'd think the "FBS now" crowd will be all over it.

tjbison
12-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Posted a link in the bigger and better FBS thread since building an IPF is a necessary step towards any FBS potential move.

Since donating to this initiative allows you to dictate how to spend $50,000 of someone else's money with this initiative I'd think the "FBS now" crowd will be all over it.

Where are all the FBS blowhards...cough lakes cough

Bison 4 Life
Now down to 24. Nothing on NDSU twitter about it but I'll bet they could move the needle a little.

SlickVic
I emailed about 45 mins ago the link to my ‘88 team members and BFPA (Bison Football Players Association)—hopefully that’s helping.

great work CAS!-----------headbutt!!!!!! lmfao just kidding just kidding

tjbison
Down to 24

SDbison
12-03-2019, 10:41 PM
I got Southcliffbison to commit to a donation, but he is currently getting ready to ref some basketball games......so we got that going for us around 10:30 tonight.

80ALUM
12-03-2019, 10:45 PM
I was in early this am.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Down to 22 Bisonville. Let's get creative. Someone is willing to donate $50k based only on numbers. I'm going to have my Gopher alum children donate (which I will cover of course) but you only need to donate $25 to count toward the 22. That is a hell of a lot of leverage for you all who have not yet jumped in.

Think outside the box.

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!

SDbison
12-03-2019, 10:49 PM
Lakes said no, but I know he won't feel right unless he gives to this cause. Come on Sam. You can afford $25. Need to finish this.......I know I will be personally calling some who are on here and others too! I think if we complete this Bisonville can feel like they made it happen!

NDSU1980
12-03-2019, 10:51 PM
I'm in, down to 22. I didn't donate a lot, I gave a very healthy pledge last spring towards the IPF but I'm willing to kick in more to get the match. The one thing that surprises me on this Giving Day deal is you don't get priority points. Last year I kicked in $100 on giving day and it never was added to my total. The pledge totals were added however.

NDSU1980
12-03-2019, 10:53 PM
I'm in. Down to 69! (what a number)

Izzy would have been good for a couple grand if we could have gotten him in at that moment.

KSBisonFan
12-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Done and email from Chapo's buddy, Matt Larson received.

tjbison
12-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Done and email from Chapo's buddy, Matt Larson received.

Crap..I thought I was the only one to get that...

:frog:

23Bison
12-03-2019, 11:03 PM
18 left!!!! So exciting!!!

gumby013
12-03-2019, 11:03 PM
After that email, Matt Larsen and I are like besties now.

SDbison
12-03-2019, 11:15 PM
I just got a Bison player nearby to donate. Played TE on early DI championship teams.

No_Skill
12-03-2019, 11:34 PM
Done. Down to 14 now.

SDbison
12-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Bisonville let's git er done!

SDbison
12-03-2019, 11:49 PM
For those yet to pony up........

SDbison
12-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Wow........the nerds kick ass on Bison athletics .......about $650,000 raised so far today......only $33,000 for Bison athletics........Pathetic!