PDA

View Full Version : Who's Skipping the 1st 2 D2 games?

El_Chapo
08-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Raise your Hand if you're like EL Chapo and skipping (selling & profiting) the 1st 2 D2 games of this schedule.

(yes a 1-10 cal poly with 3 fresh OL starters will be a D2 team)

I'm just curious. Thanks Matt Larson! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JMB
08-31-2018, 01:05 PM
I am actually making a point to get up there this week with my two boys. Between school activities, driving distance, and other factors, we haven't made it to a game for a few years.

GOB1SON
08-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to an awesome day in the tailgate lot (sunny and 75!) and watching them raise the banner with my 8-year old son by my side.

I have more important things to worry about than whether or not Matt Larson will notice that I sold my tickets on Craigslist and then worry if I'm happy with our schedule.

Can't we just be happy that football is back?

EC8CH
08-31-2018, 01:46 PM
Typically I'd say Cal-Poly wouldn't be a bad FCS opponent to schedule. They are a usual playoff contender but happen to be coming off a very rough year. On par with scheduling Delaware I'd say. Can't always control the ups and downs of the out of conference opponents you schedule.

El_Chapo
09-01-2018, 03:20 AM
After Delaware lost to a horrible Rhode Island team... They'll be garbage games

Remember the ol ball coach here saying "iron sharpens iron?" Well..these edges are gonna be dull

Embarrassing

JMB
09-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Plus I don't mind scheduling a game with a school old Great West Conference teams.

HandoEX
09-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Raise your Hand if you're like EL Chapo and skipping (selling & profiting) the 1st 2 D2 games of this schedule.

(yes a 1-10 cal poly with 3 fresh OL starters will be a D2 team)

I'm just curious. Thanks Matt Larson! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Looks like you and the Frisco Cruisers guys were the only ones that stayed home. Lol

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2018, 03:14 AM
Clemson played Furman and Georgia played Austin Peay. You can't tell me these two teams (Clemson and Georgia) would be afraid to play us.

El_Chapo
09-10-2018, 01:31 PM
sounds like the Frisco Cruiser is on board with this.

Heck, I'm thinking game 3 will be similar to a D2 game as well.

See ya at SDSU game!

is "Bring on the Competition" still NDSU's Motto? because we aren't living up to that the past few years. (FBS or BUST)

El_Chapo
09-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Actually make it 3 D2 games Delaware lost to Pud Rhode Island.

Apparently the Frisco Cruiser is taking the games off too... it might be an end of an era... pour 1 out for those homies..

El_Chapo
09-02-2021, 01:24 PM
this thread applies to this year I guess...

ByeSonBusiness
09-03-2021, 12:51 AM
Clemson played Furman and Georgia played Austin Peay. You can't tell me these two teams (Clemson and Georgia) would be afraid to play us.

I believe the Southern schools generally make an effort (whether voluntary or pressured by the state) to schedule fellow southern FCS schools. Sorta like letting your shitty cousin tag along for a night out even though he isn't very fun.

BISONBRI53
09-03-2021, 02:34 PM
I believe the Southern schools generally make an effort (whether voluntary or pressured by the state) to schedule fellow southern FCS schools. Sorta like letting your shitty cousin tag along for a night out even though he isn't very fun.

In the south that is cool though... then they have a date as well!

HerdBot
09-03-2021, 02:59 PM
I'm going and I'm fired up. Albany went 5-1 in the CAA conference play in 2019.

Now Valparaiso I'm not fired up (unless it's Valpo basketball) but I'm still going. Haven't missed a game since we moved up

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 02:48 AM
VALPO GOT BEAT 28-10. BY A NAIA SCHOOL

holy crap. NDSU should put up 100 in front of 5000 fans