PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Gordon Update

gwendel
10-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Lamar Gordon matched Brian Westbrook's statistics in Philly win over KC Sun.
Of course, the Chiefs were likely hitting on Westbrook a lot more than Gordon,
but he is gaining the attention of sports commentators.

This from Dave Spadaro in his "On the Inside" column at philadelphiaeagles.com:

Lamar Gordon caught 2 for 33 big yards and also gained 14 on the ground. That's an important 47 yards of offense from him.

Unsung heroes? Many. The offensive line gave McNabb wonderful protection. Adrien Clarke stepped in for an injured Artis Hicks at left guard and played well. Gordon helped in a big way. Smith took another impressive step forward. Owens was amazing.

Westbrook: 9 rushing attempts, 15 yards, longest 7; 6 passes caught for 33 yards, longest 11.

Gordon: 4 rushing attempts, 14 yards, longest 8; 2 passes caught for 33 yards, longest 18.

Of course Westbrook did complete a 2-point conversion that tied the game for Philadelphia and turned the tide of the game. But I think these statistics show Lamar is doing what they expect of him and is finding his niche with the Eagles.

kchats
10-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Don't get too excited it was against the Chiefs defense. I watched the game (I'm a Chiefs fan) and they missed a ton of tackles on Lamar. I would like to say it was because of Lamar but that is the Chiefs defense's MO. The Eagles did play him quite a bit though. I think they like him.

sambini
10-04-2005, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the info NW. Good luck to Lamar.