PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sports

Gary Hansen
08-27-2018, 05:45 PM
:ranting::fight:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-jmu-ndsu-fans-chill-out-on-fcs-kickoff-classic-ajaj

Vet70
08-27-2018, 05:58 PM

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-jmu-ndsu-fans-chill-out-on-fcs-kickoff-classic-ajaj

So A&T "is a potential quarterfinalist in the FCS Playoff structure"
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHN4MtbSqEe4D8Q/giphy.gif

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Brian has been hitting the Joose.

EC8CH
08-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Generally, I will gladly conceed he has a point.

That game specifically, come at me bro. Those teams played like trash on multiple levels beyond any reasonable excuse.

Christopher Moen
08-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Guessing by the last paragraph, the column was more of an "April's Fool" joke than a defense of terribly played game at any level of any age group.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Emory Hunt is jealous of his takes.

Trumpster
08-27-2018, 06:04 PM
So A&T "is a potential quarterfinalist in the FCS Playoff structure"

All that takes is getting a seed and 1 win. So you win the hardest game on the schedule with the middle of the road team JSU, get a 7 or 8 seed cause undefeated in FCS play and the committee is dumb, then hope you get the winner of a shitty league for your play in game. Boom quarterfinals.

Christopher Moen
08-27-2018, 06:06 PM
Seriously guys, read the whole article:

Ah hell, I can't keep a straight face on this "column". Who am I kidding? I'm just glad we're talking about games now. Last night we smashed the proverbial champagne bottle against the maiden voyage vessel of 2018 FCS football. I'm just glad we're already seeing some piss and vinegar out of everybody.

He was ribbing us and JMU.

HerdBot
08-27-2018, 06:12 PM
I think both programs are solid but both programs are miles and miles away from JMU or NDSU. There are probably only a handful of teams who could legitimately challenge the Bison or the Dukes. Garbage teams? No. Week zero garbage performance? Yes. Most week zero teams look like trash. Compare the Bison week zero vs Montana in the playoffs

Vet70
08-27-2018, 06:16 PM
Seriously guys, read the whole article:

He was ribbing us and JMU.

I read everything. He may have been saying things tongue in cheek, but I am not 100% sure he didn't mean some of what he wrote.

semobison
08-27-2018, 10:10 PM
I think both programs are solid but both programs are miles and miles away from JMU or NDSU. There are probably only a handful of teams who could legitimately challenge the Bison or the Dukes. Garbage teams? No. Week zero garbage performance? Yes. Most week zero teams look like trash. Compare the Bison week zero vs Montana in the playoffs

I agree! One game in August doesn't define your team or what kind of season you will have. It was a sloppy game for both teams but I also saw two pretty good defensive teams on Saturday. Top 10 FCS? Maybe not, but definitely top 20.

heffray
08-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Does anyone listen to the Hero Sports podcast on the FCS? I've listened to a few episodes in prep for this season. Seems decent and they seem to have a decent knowledge of players and programs...

HerdBot
08-29-2018, 06:42 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/hero-sports-fcs-analyst-brian-mclaughlin-august-28th

B Mac was on the Brakedown yesterday defending his take.

heffray
08-30-2018, 03:49 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/hero-sports-fcs-analyst-brian-mclaughlin-august-28th

B Mac was on the Brakedown yesterday defending his take.

He also defends his take here on his podcast, with a couple of other guys' opinions: https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2018-podcast-august-29-week-1-cici

KNOW IT ALL
08-30-2018, 04:33 PM
As a huge Bison fan I can only hope the actual team isn't nearly as arrogant as our fans are starting to get. I recall a couple losses over the past few years to teams that were not WORLD beaters by an means. I recall a few OT or final second wins that could have went either way. NDSU is one play away (Stick injury) from a potential UNKNOWN season ahead. And believe you/me the wolves would be coming. Its OK for other teams and conferences to feel good about themselves too. All this for a team that may well go undefeated.

heffray
08-30-2018, 04:39 PM
As a huge Bison fan I can only hope the actual team isn't nearly as arrogant as our fans are starting to get. I recall a couple losses over the past few years to teams that were not WORLD beaters by an means. I recall a few OT or final second wins that could have went either way. NDSU is one play away (Stick injury) from a potential UNKNOWN season ahead. And believe you/me the wolves would be coming. Its OK for other teams and conferences to feel good about themselves too. All this for a team that may well go undefeated.

I think our team will survive a Stick injury, maybe not to the tune of another National Championship, but our defense and run game is THAT good, so maybe...

I also think JMU lost a lot with the loss of Schorr, and I don't think many other teams come close.

That said, you're right. The "Any Given Saturday" cliche rings true here. Either way, lets cheer loud and pay attention.

EC8CH
08-30-2018, 04:49 PM

Calling out this years FCS kickoff game as trash does not make you arrogant.

KNOW IT ALL
08-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Calling out this years FCS kickoff game as trash does not make you arrogant.

Not talking about any particular game or team, I recall a mid-October OT victory over Youngstown state last year, a simple field goal from losing. USD a couple years back!!!! , a very average USD team as well.

oldmantutters
08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Not talking about any particular game or team, I recall a mid-October OT victory over Youngstown state last year, a simple field goal from losing. USD a couple years back!!!! , a very average USD team as well.My memory sucks, how did those seasons end up?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Not talking about any particular game or team, I recall a mid-October OT victory over Youngstown state last year, a simple field goal from losing. USD a couple years back!!!! , a very average USD team as well.
So you're saying Bison fans aren't overly critical of their own team? Have you ever seen this site or listened to the postgame whine line after a loss or poorly played win? I don't dispute that we, as a fan base, have crazy high expectations but those expectations are higher for the team we cheer for than for any other team.

GOBISON123
08-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Lot of teams restocked with FBS transfers, ISuiSU RedBirds, Jack Rabbits, JMU and others, this will be an interesting year