PDA

View Full Version : Potential Future Opponents

VirginiaBison
08-25-2018, 11:13 PM
ESPN tonight - Sat 25 Aug - Jacksonville State vs NC Aggies

DCinOK
08-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, a lame choice for an FCS Kickoff game....about the same number of fans at the small-school High School game I was at last night. And, Jax State continues their Transfer Tradition with a starting QB who moved in from Clemson.

Christopher Moen
08-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately, a lame choice for an FCS Kickoff game....about the same number of fans at the small-school High School game I was at last night. And, Jax State continues their Transfer Tradition with a starting QB who moved in from Clemson.

Not a good representation of the FCS so far, unless you’re a fan of a HCBU team.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

DakotaOkie
08-26-2018, 12:01 AM

but that is SEC, baby! totally gives the game and JSU credibility.

Christopher Moen
08-26-2018, 12:13 AM
but that is SEC, baby! totally gives the game and JSU credibility.

Or ACC.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

DakotaOkie
08-26-2018, 12:38 AM
Or ACC.

Oops, my bad... well one of those southeast "real football" places
The sarcasm still fits.

OrygunBison
08-26-2018, 01:25 AM
This is just an awful game. My 7th and 8th graders are more fundamentally disciplined than these teams.

Honeybooboo
08-26-2018, 03:18 PM
FCS in 2018

NDSU, JMU............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................................EVERYONE ELSE

56BISON73
08-27-2018, 03:03 AM

Absolutely terrible football. JFC-------god awful. Only way I can describe it.

StL Bison Fan
08-27-2018, 03:54 AM
Absolutely terrible football. JFC-------god awful. Only way I can describe it.

The players attitudes were worse than the football. But of course this is the team that trash talked in the tunnel in frisco. I put that on the coach.

thebootfitter
08-27-2018, 09:17 AM
FCS in 2018

NDSU, JMU............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................................EVERYONE ELSE

NDSU, JMU....................................Good MVFC teams............................................. .................................................. .........................................EVERYONE ELSE

NovaBison
08-27-2018, 10:27 AM
The players attitudes were worse than the football. But of course this is the team that trash talked in the tunnel in frisco. I put that on the coach.

JSU is a four year version of "Last Chance U" -- or, at least that is my impression of what they are.

MankatoBison
08-27-2018, 01:05 PM
NDSU, JMU....................................Good MVFC teams............................................. .................................................. .........................................EVERYONE ELSE

NDSU...... JMU..........................................Good MVFC Teams............................................. ...................Gophers........................ ........................EVERYONE ELSE................................. UND..........

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2018, 01:23 PM
BTW, watched part of this game, then came to my senses and watched Colorado st Hawaii. (And NDSU could also beat both those teams, easily.)

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Man, the AGS discussion on this game is wild. Fun read.

Vet70
08-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Man, the AGS discussion on this game is wild. Fun read.

Man, in terms of Frisco appearances JSU looks one and done.

MankatoBison
08-27-2018, 01:46 PM
what a HORRIFIC game.... I gave it a chance- I thought "you know, It's the first game of the year, should be a good game, maybe even fun! I'll tune in", damn was I wrong..... It is legitimately pathetic that these are two top 25 teams... much less top 10 or 15. I mean that's Really F*ckin bad for the FCS. Sad really...

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2018, 01:48 PM
what a HORRIFIC game.... I gave it a chance- I thought "you know, It's the first game of the year, should be a good game, maybe even fun! I'll tune in", damn was I wrong..... It is legitimately pathetic that these are two top 25 teams... much less top 10 or 15. I mean that's Really F*ckin bad for the FCS. Sad really...

Then, the hero sports guy after the game still tried to say those teams are good; couldn't figure out what he watched. I like him, but that really damages you credibility.

devin45k
08-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Jax state players always look a little less conditioned compared to other MVFC teams.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Jax state players always look a little less conditioned compared to other MVFC teams.

Fat, just say fat. I remember comparing O lines and theirs all had guts hanging out of their jerseys.

devin45k
08-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Fat, just say fat. I remember comparing O lines and theirs all had guts hanging out of their jerseys.

Yes, that is the word for it.

I remember the FCS championship we played them and getting a text from my dad saying "they look chunky."

bri-dog
08-27-2018, 02:07 PM
After the JSU championship game, I chatted with a few JSU fans at Tight Ends. They were "flab"bergasted at our DLine. "Damn, those guys are big, but there ain't no fat on 'em".

Vet70
08-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Then, the hero sports guy after the game still tried to say those teams are good; couldn't figure out what he watched. I like him, but that really damages you credibility.

JSU won't be that good, but their schedule is pathetic and they probably will still get a high seed.
https://jsugamecocksports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Hammerhead
08-27-2018, 02:23 PM
I watched the first several minutes and there were a few blatant personal fouls that made JSU look bad.

SDbison
08-27-2018, 02:28 PM
I want NDSU to play Alabama. Wow, Alabama sure picks some loser FCS teams to kick around. Don't understand why, but last night ESPNU was rebroadcasting the Alabama - Mercer game from the end of last season. Alabama won 56-0. Why would they even show that game again?

heffray
08-27-2018, 02:32 PM
I want NDSU to play Alabama. Wow, Alabama sure picks some loser FCS teams to kick around. Don't understand why, but last night ESPNU was rebroadcasting the Alabama - Mercer game from the end of last season. Alabama won 56-0. Why would they even show that game again?

It would be nice to see how we stack up against "the best." I honestly have no idea what to expect in a game against an opponent like that.

...feels like we've had this conversation before...

heffray
08-27-2018, 02:33 PM
Oregon is on the upswing, if I'm reading the news correctly. Hopefully they're T25 rated when we play them in 2020.

Professor Chaos
08-27-2018, 02:37 PM
It would be nice to see how we stack up against "the best." I honestly have no idea what to expect in a game against an opponent like that.

...feels like we've had this conversation before...
There's only been two times since they established themselves in D1 that I expected NDSU to get hammered and lose by 3 scores or more; against Minnesota in 2006 and against Iowa in 2016. Both times they greatly exceeded my expectations. I'd expect them to lose by 20-30 points to Bama so.... maybe there's a chance..... [insert Lloyd Christmas image here] :biggrin:

heffray
08-27-2018, 02:48 PM
There's only been two times since they established themselves in D1 that I expected NDSU to get hammered and lose by 3 scores or more; against Minnesota in 2006 and against Iowa in 2016. Both times they greatly exceeded my expectations. I'd expect them to lose by 20-30 points to Bama so.... maybe there's a chance..... [insert Lloyd Christmas image here] :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY

Vet70
08-27-2018, 02:53 PM

I think there is a chance we would lose by less than 20-30.
https://i.imgur.com/OStNKN3.jpg?1

heffray
08-27-2018, 03:17 PM
I think there is a chance we would lose by less than 20-30.
https://i.imgur.com/OStNKN3.jpg?1

Agree. I’ve always said that I think it would be closer than people think it would be...

Christopher Moen
08-27-2018, 03:19 PM

It’s basically a bye week for them as they are getting ready for their annual matchup with Auburn at the Iron Bowl the following week.

slips
08-27-2018, 06:37 PM
JSU won't be that good, but their schedule is pathetic and they probably will still get a high seed.
https://jsugamecocksports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Heck, if they lose another game and don't win their conference they may not or should not even be in the playoffs.

Vet70
08-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Heck, if they lose another game and don't win their conference they may not or should not even be in the playoffs.

8-3 would probably still get them in the playoffs.

VirginiaBison
09-01-2018, 04:28 PM
On Now - 1230 Saturday 1 Sep on ESNPU - JMU vs NC State

VirginiaBison
09-02-2018, 08:33 PM
This may be why Youngstown State lost playing Butler 'High School'. http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,17168.0.html

EC8CH
09-02-2018, 08:56 PM
This may be why Youngstown State lost playing Butler 'High School'. http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,17168.0.html

Might also be karma for some of their recent recruiting decisions.

Vet70
09-02-2018, 09:01 PM

Does anyone know how we can send a crow to YSUGO?

Christopher Moen
09-02-2018, 10:58 PM

Yikes! One of their DCs is on paid leave.

EC8CH
09-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Yikes! One of their DCs is on paid leave.

OMG it's not Carl is it?

NVM .. I see Carl is at Bowling Green.

VirginiaBison
09-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Their run defense was very respectful and the QB was very good; WRs were also what we saw in the Natty. According to the game announcer, they have 9 FBS transfers which he mentioned several times. According to the game announcer, the NCS QB is the best of the 2018 QB class. I would not write JMU off just yet.