PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating question.

Farmer63
08-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Thinking of putting together a tailgating reunion of sorts with some friends for the Delaware game... so here's my question. What time to do need to be in line to expect to get a spot for the general admission tailgating spots? I'd be looking for two spots. Anybody have any experience?

Professor Chaos
08-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Thinking of putting together a tailgating reunion of sorts with some friends for the Delaware game... so here's my question. What time to do need to be in line to expect to get a spot for the general admission tailgating spots? I'd be looking for two spots. Anybody have any experience?
That's homecoming so the correct answer is probably about 6-8PM the night before.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Another option is to see if anyone is selling their reserved passes since they did start giving passes for each game for all the reserved spots allowing you to sell the ones you won't need on a per game basis. Again, since it's homecoming those will be tough to come by and they'll be sold at a premium I'm sure. It's just a matter of how much your time waiting in line is worth to you.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-06-2018, 05:08 PM
That's homecoming so the correct answer is probably about 6-8PM the night week before.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Fixed it for ya.

Farmer63
08-06-2018, 08:53 PM
That's homecoming so the correct answer is probably about 6-8PM the night before.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Another option is to see if anyone is selling their reserved passes since they did start giving passes for each game for all the reserved spots allowing you to sell the ones you won't need on a per game basis. Again, since it's homecoming those will be tough to come by and they'll be sold at a premium I'm sure. It's just a matter of how much your time waiting in line is worth to you.

Is that the situation for every game? Do you pretty much need to be there the night before to get a spot?

56BISON73
08-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Is that the situation for every game? Do you pretty much need to be there the night before to get a spot?

Every game to be guaranteed a spot

Professor Chaos
08-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Early in the season yes. This year might be a little unique in that the 2nd game against UNA might be a little lighter on demand than the season opener, homecoming, or the SDSU game will be since all 3 of those high tailgating demand days will be in September as well. By the time you get into mid-October and November the lines get lighter to the point where you can show up and hour or two before the GA lot opens, get in line, and be fine. Usually by the playoffs you can show up as the lots open or even shortly after and still get a spot (but you can also get reserved spots for the playoffs fairly easily if you want them as well).

Farmer63
08-06-2018, 09:39 PM

And no, I'm not kidding.

So, does anybody have any information on how this tailgating exchange deal works? Is there a link?

runtheoption
08-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Speaking of, anyone have their season tailgating passes yet?

EC8CH
08-06-2018, 10:13 PM
So he should probably be in line right now?

Professor Chaos
08-06-2018, 10:39 PM
So, does anybody have any information on how this tailgating exchange deal works? Is there a link?
Same as tickets. Check Craigslist, StubHub, Bisonville ticket exchange, alumni ticket exchange, etc.

HerdBot
08-07-2018, 03:16 AM
http://ndsuathleticfund.com/forums/forum/tailgating-passes/

MNLonghorn10
08-07-2018, 04:52 AM
So he should probably be in line right now?

behind us, yes

Trumpster
08-07-2018, 12:40 PM

It's impossible to know for sure so to guarantee yourself a spot you need to be in line the night before. Last year I gave up on the rat race and showed up about 1 hour beforehand. Early games it was a crap shoot, I wanna say I didn't get a spot for the opener or homecoming. Games later in the year was easy to get spots.

Farmer63
08-07-2018, 01:08 PM
It's impossible to know for sure so to guarantee yourself a spot you need to be in line the night before. Last year I gave up on the rat race and showed up about 1 hour beforehand. Early games it was a crap shoot, I wanna say I didn't get a spot for the opener or homecoming. Games later in the year was easy to get spots.

OK. Good info. More than anything, I was wondering if you needed to be in line the night before, or if 5 o'clock in the morning worked. Thanks!

No_Skill
08-07-2018, 04:51 PM
OK. Good info. More than anything, I was wondering if you needed to be in line the night before, or if 5 o'clock in the morning worked. Thanks!

How many people are you expecting?

Farmer63
08-07-2018, 08:11 PM
How many people are you expecting?

Not a big group, just hoping to get maybe 12 or 14 together. I'd just need room for one suburban and an empty spot beside it to set up a table and some chairs. Most of them would park somewhere else and meet up at the lot.

No_Skill
08-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Not a big group, just hoping to get maybe 12 or 14 together. I'd just need room for one suburban and an empty spot beside it to set up a table and some chairs. Most of them would park somewhere else and meet up at the lot.

Check your private message inbox.

dewey
08-08-2018, 01:58 AM
Does anyone have an extra reserved spot? I am going to be taking 2 of my boys and also my niece and nephew (5 year old niece and 7 year nephews first game ever) so I want to show them the tailgating and all the fun that is out there.

Thanks.

Dewey

BattleBorn
08-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Long shot but, if anyone has 2 for the SDSU game, PM me please. I'll bring you a unique bourbon.

Farmer63
08-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Another question. Was Lot NQ a tailgating lot last year... or is that new?

Mr Meaty
08-27-2018, 03:53 PM

Overflow I believe just new this year.

Farmer63
08-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Overflow I believe just new this year.

I drove through there yesterday. It sure looks new... approximately 100 spaces or so.

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2018, 03:58 PM

HOLY SHIT LARSON GOT IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://gobison.com/documents/2017/8/22/NDSU_Football_Parking_Map.pdf

The map clearly shows alcohol is allowed in NQ!

56BISON73
08-27-2018, 11:25 PM
HOLY SHIT LARSON GOT IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://gobison.com/documents/2017/8/22/NDSU_Football_Parking_Map.pdf

The map clearly shows alcohol is allowed in NQ!

Gee??? Now who was it that said Larson and TM were just sitting back on there hands doing nothing??????

NDSU1980
08-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Gee??? Now who was it that said Larson and TM were just sitting back on there hands doing nothing??????

The same people that will demand a new 35,000 seat dome and a move to FBS next.

bisongirl
08-27-2018, 11:59 PM

We have ours...

56BISON73
08-28-2018, 12:18 AM

You betcha