PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Carries

Herd
07-31-2018, 09:17 PM
You have 100 carries, how would split them? Your Options . . .

Anderson 8
Brooks 28
Cofield 18
Dunn 10
Purifoy 24
Stick 12
Wilson 30

Vet70
07-31-2018, 09:37 PM

Anderson 8
Brooks 28
Cofield 18
Dunn 10
Purifoy 24
Stick 12
Wilson 30

Anderson--33
Dunn--33
Wilson--14
Brooks--14
Stick--6
Hopefully, that adds up to 100 :)

runtheoption
07-31-2018, 09:38 PM
You have 130 carries, how would split them? Your Options . . .

Anderson 8
Brooks 28
Cofield 18
Dunn 10
Purifoy 24
Stick 12
Wilson 30

Fixed your post.

Bison20
07-31-2018, 09:41 PM

Anderson 8
Brooks 28
Cofield 18
Dunn 10
Purifoy 24
Stick 12
Wilson 30

So the best back gets the least amount of carries?

17>1
07-31-2018, 09:44 PM
So the best back gets the least amount of carries?

I'm like, not good at math and stuff, but I think those #'s are their jersey #'s.

jcdcubs
07-31-2018, 09:54 PM
Bison average 47 carries per game last year.

This year maybe like this?
Anderson 20
Dunn 15
Stick 7
Brooks 5

That's 47 carries per game. Playing time is a big problem for Wilson, Purifoy and Cofield.

Bison20
07-31-2018, 09:58 PM
I'm like, not good at math and stuff, but I think those #'s are their jersey #'s.

I didn't look that close, I think your right. Crazy the options we have at RB. I hope they run the 3 back set more

Farmer63
07-31-2018, 10:00 PM

Yup.... on the jersey numbers thing.

But here is my answer

Anderson 36
Brooks 16
Cofield 5
Dunn 30
Purifoy 5
Stick 8
Wilson red shirt

17>1
07-31-2018, 10:12 PM
Yup.... on the jersey numbers thing.

But here is my answer

Anderson 36
Brooks 16
Cofield 5
Dunn 30
Purifoy 5
Stick 8
Wilson red shirt

Is it kind of a general consensus to Bisonville that Wilson should redshirt?(I know there's another thread on this subject so hopefully I don't derail it) I guess I understand the logic behind it, but man that kid is talented. I'd sure hate to shelf him when this team could use him now to win games. Those catches he made in the playoffs....WOWZERS!! Can't remember the last time I saw an NDSU RB with hands that soft. Saw some good things out of Adam, but as far as depth goes I think he and Purifoy sit behind the seniors and Brooks/Wilson. Sorry, I'm not gonna throw #'s around, but here's my order for touches.

Anderson/Dunn
Stick
Brooks
Wilson
Cofield
Purifoy

HerdBot
07-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Anderson 30
Dunn 25
Brooks 15
Stick 10
Wilson - 10
Cofield 5
Purifoy 5

Lance needs to stay healthy because speed is his game so I would give Bruce a few more touches. Brooks is all speed as well so limit his touched. Easton you gotta keep healthy so use his touches wisely. Wilson is too much of a pass receiving threat to keep off the field. Cofield and Purifoy will shine next year

reformedUNDfan
07-31-2018, 11:01 PM
Anderson 25
Brooks 10
Cofield 10
Dunn 30
Purifoy 10
Stick 15
Wilson 0

Vet70
07-31-2018, 11:03 PM
100 running plays? The assumption must be we are playing SHSU again.

Vet70
07-31-2018, 11:08 PM
Wilson red shirt

I think the odds of that happening are about as good as UN_ making the playoffs.

Twincitybizon
08-01-2018, 01:02 AM

Anderson 8
Brooks 28
Cofield 18
Dunn 10
Purifoy 24
Stick 12
Wilson 30

I think when looking at our RB position group you have to realize that guys like purifory and brooks shouldn't be every down all day guys. Get them the ball in space any way we can. After Anderson and Dunn the everydown backs will go to wilson and cofield. purifoy and brooks - Punt return, Kick return, Jet sweets 5 touches in the backfield per game. Wilson throw him the damn ball and jet sweeps. without further ado

Anderson - 30
Dunn - 28
Brooks - 12
Purifoy - 8
Cofield - 12
Wilson - 10
Stick - 10

Math?

Bisonator98
08-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Not going to be 100 carries a game, more like 30-40. If 40 I'd prefer:

Anderson - 10
Dunn - 10
Brooks - 10
Wilson - 10

None for Stick and if it's a blowout the backups can split the rest.

MNLonghorn10
08-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Stick 100

The rest 0

DM05
08-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Excluding garbage time carries that should go to Cofield and Purifoy:

Anderson 40
Dunn 38
Brooks 18
Stick 4

The threat of Stick running is much more important than him actually gaining yards. One well timed play action designed run per half should be enough to keep defenses honest.

Snowgoose
08-01-2018, 06:26 PM
My view is we have three top backs and redshirt Wilson. I don't believe we will redshirt Wilson, but I would. My carries per game with about 40 run plays besides garbage time would be:

Anderson 12
Dunn 12
Brooks 11
Stick 5

This is all based on Dunn and Brooks being 100% healthy. I really felt Brooks was the most explosive last year with the best vision of the three.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2018, 06:42 PM
My view is we have three top backs and redshirt Wilson. I don't believe we will redshirt Wilson, but I would. My carries per game with about 40 run plays besides garbage time would be:

Anderson 12
Dunn 12
Brooks 11
Stick 5

This is all based on Dunn and Brooks being 100% healthy. I really felt Brooks was the most explosive last year with the best vision of the three.

I don't see Wilson being redshirted either. The question that needs to be asked in regards to Seth is whether he'll carry or catch the ball more. I expect to see him catch a minimum of ten wheel-route passes this season.

Farmer63
08-01-2018, 06:55 PM
I think the odds of that happening are about as good as UN_ making the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY

wagsabison
08-01-2018, 06:55 PM
I think Wilson proved he can be productive. If the coaches felt he wouldn't be productive I think there'd be a chance he'd redshirt. Every RB has dealt with some sort of injury in the past other than Wilson. Some more severe than others. I'd rather have too many RB's than not enough.

Snowgoose
08-01-2018, 07:03 PM
I too feel Wilson can be very productive. I would just consider redshirting him especially with the new rules and would pull the redshirt instantly if one of the three had a long-term injury.

wisco4
08-01-2018, 07:03 PM

I don't think Brooks is close to 100%healthy heading into fall camp.

Vet70
08-01-2018, 07:23 PM
I think redshirting Wilson would be a mistake. By necessity, it was pulled last year and he missed half a season. If he is needed for more than four games and has to have it pulled again that's more of this guys talent down the drain.

Snowgoose
08-01-2018, 07:56 PM
I agree with what your saying but you could argue he is being wasted by not redshirting and averaging 4-5 carries this year when he could average 15 carries a year his senior year.

Twincitybizon
08-01-2018, 08:31 PM
I think redshirting Wilson would be a mistake. By necessity, it was pulled last year and he missed half a season. If he is needed for more than four games and has to have it pulled again that's more of this guys talent down the drain.

Not to mention how difficult it may be on Wilson mentally to keep shifting back and forth from red shirting and practice squad killer to go win us a championship. I know they're all working their butts off but there is some mental gymnastics behind that. Too talented to keep off the field. A lot of his use in the backfield may depend on how dunn's hip looks and Brooks heals up.

Bisonator98
08-01-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't think Brooks is close to 100%healthy heading into fall camp.

Really? Why not?? Did you get the text or something???

AKBison
08-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Before Dunn got hurt he was a lock for first team Valley and likely a plethora of All American honors. In my mind, Dunn's the horse with Anderson being 1a. However, neither will likely be the feature back and will just rotate series with a healthy dose of Brooks mixed in. We won quite a few Natty's with that method so it works for me!

jcdcubs
08-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Last Year This Year
RUSHING GP-GS Att Att
Bruce Anderson 15-8 234 200
Ty Brooks 10-0 76 60
Lance Dunn 8-7 93 150
Easton Stick 15-15 112 120
Seth Wilson 8-0 72 60
Adam Cofield 6-0 43 50
Demaris Purifoy 1-0 18 60
689 700

wisco4
08-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Really? Why not?? Did you get the text or something???

Just heard that he didn't participate much in summer workouts.

BadlandsBison
08-02-2018, 02:07 PM

Heard from who? ...

wisco4
08-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Heard from who? ...

A person that participated in all of the summer workouts. He said he thought Ty was still dealing with some issue with his shoulder. Not being able to run/lift for most of the off season is not a good sign when your a running back in the MVFC.

wisco4
08-02-2018, 02:52 PM
A person that participated in all of the summer workouts. He said he thought Ty was still dealing with some issue with his shoulder. Not being able to run/lift for most of the off season is not a good sign when your a running back in the MVFC.

You're, not your.

BadlandsBison
08-02-2018, 04:01 PM

So you heard from a player then. You seemed reluctant to say so.

Twincitybizon
08-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Heard from who? ...

Top men.... Top men

noryan34
08-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Interesting concept. based off last years entire numbers the carries would be

Anderson 34
Stick 16
Dunn 13
Brooks 11
Wilson 10
Cofield 6
Purifoy 3

Other 7

wagsabison
08-02-2018, 04:18 PM
If true, that's unfortunate. Brooks is so much fun to watch when he has the ball.

wisco4
08-02-2018, 04:22 PM
So you heard from a player then. You seemed reluctant to say so.

I wouldn't of mentioned it if it wasn't from a reliable source. Son is on the team so we talk a little shop every once in a while. Not too much though, kind of like talking to someone about there line of work. He wants to forgot about football during their off time. It is interesting to me to follow Bisonville and see how much we fans don't know about when talking with him. Fine line.

BlueBisonRock
08-02-2018, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't of mentioned it if it wasn't from a reliable source. Son is on the team so we talk a little shop every once in a while. Not too much though, kind of like talking to someone about there line of work. He wants to forgot about football during their off time. It is interesting to me to follow Bisonville and see how much we fans don't know about when talking with him. Fine line.

Thank you for sharing.

DORMIE
08-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Talked to a team doctor yesterday. Asked him if all players were healed up
from last year. He said yes, it's going to be scary.

KNOW IT ALL
08-02-2018, 07:30 PM
You have to catch him before you can tackle him. That dude is Jimmy Johns Fast!

17>1
08-03-2018, 08:32 PM

I was going to bring this up the other day when I initially read this, something I've been thinking about a bit since we're getting back into football being played. Do you think maybe it would be a good idea to keep what you and your son discuss, in regards to things going on with the team, between the two of you? I'm asking that as respectfully as I can. I'm in a somewhat similar situation with someone that I know that works very closely with the team. I don't want to say in which way as it would narrow it down pretty specifically to one person. He has told me things in the past that I obviously would loved to have shared on Bisonville because I know how excited we get hearing about anything and everything that goes on with NDSU Football. But I don't want to ruin that trust that I've established with him so I don't say anything. Your last comment about us here at Bisonville not knowing as much as we think we do about the team after you talk to your son is so true. And I'm ok with that. If Coach K thinks it's something that he wants to keep in house or close to the vest then I'm ok with not knowing it. If a kid wants to wait until he's ready to announce his commitment, for whatever reason that may be, then I'll respect that and be patient. If Pucknut knows things about Carson that are none of my business and they want it kept in the family, then I respect that privacy. I think it is a fine line, like you said, and I think the relationship that you have with your son and his time here at NDSU is something that is so special, and I just hope you maintain discretion and privacy instead of maybe sharing to much with us online. Especially when it comes to injuries and the status of certain players practicing or not....I don't think I'm the only one that feels that should probably be kept under wraps until it's made public by the coaching staff. Just my $.02.

KNOW IT ALL
08-06-2018, 09:13 PM
I was going to bring this up the other day when I initially read this, something I've been thinking about a bit since we're getting back into football being played. Do you think maybe it would be a good idea to keep what you and your son discuss, in regards to things going on with the team, between the two of you? I'm asking that as respectfully as I can. I'm in a somewhat similar situation with someone that I know that works very closely with the team. I don't want to say in which way as it would narrow it down pretty specifically to one person. He has told me things in the past that I obviously would loved to have shared on Bisonville because I know how excited we get hearing about anything and everything that goes on with NDSU Football. But I don't want to ruin that trust that I've established with him so I don't say anything. Your last comment about us here at Bisonville not knowing as much as we think we do about the team after you talk to your son is so true. And I'm ok with that. If Coach K thinks it's something that he wants to keep in house or close to the vest then I'm ok with not knowing it. If a kid wants to wait until he's ready to announce his commitment, for whatever reason that may be, then I'll respect that and be patient. If Pucknut knows things about Carson that are none of my business and they want it kept in the family, then I respect that privacy. I think it is a fine line, like you said, and I think the relationship that you have with your son and his time here at NDSU is something that is so special, and I just hope you maintain discretion and privacy instead of maybe sharing to much with us online. Especially when it comes to injuries and the status of certain players practicing or not....I don't think I'm the only one that feels that should probably be kept under wraps until it's made public by the coaching staff. Just my $.02.

Wow! The pot cant call the kettle black, from the diatribe I just read!!!! " I have a secret too but I cant tell you my secret but it is close to what your talking about but I cant talk about it" TOO FUNNY.