PDA

View Full Version : 2018 College Football Season: Which games will/would you attend?

17>1
07-26-2018, 11:08 PM
I'm always curious as to which Bison home/road games during the fall that my fellow Bisonviller's will be attending. I've added a little twist to my inquiry this year as I've been thinking outside the box a bit as far as my future travel plans.

I'll make the 7 home games for sure. I'll go to USD if I can find tickets and am thinking about heading to Springfield for the MSU game. I'll be in Argentina from 10/5-10/19 so I won't be going to UNI or Western. A little disappointed about the UNI game because that and SDSU are my two favorite conference road games. Hopefully I can stream them from South America!

My other question would be, if you could travel to any college football venue this season, or next, or whenever, to watch a game....where would you go? I'm considering the idea of trying to make a game on the road every year that doesn't involve NDSU, maybe during a bye, and if say it's an off year from an NDSU vs FBS game. Where and which opponent would you have on a bucket list?

Christopher Moen
07-26-2018, 11:57 PM
I'm always curious as to which Bison home/road games during the fall that my fellow Bisonviller's will be attending. I've added a little twist to my inquiry this year as I've been thinking outside the box a bit as far as my future travel plans.

I'll make the 7 home games for sure. I'll go to USD if I can find tickets and am thinking about heading to Springfield for the MSU game. I'll be in Argentina from 10/5-10/19 so I won't be going to UNI or Western. A little disappointed about the UNI game because that and SDSU are my two favorite conference road games. Hopefully I can stream them from South America!

My other question would be, if you could travel to any college football venue this season, or next, or whenever, to watch a game....where would you go? I'm considering the idea of trying to make a game on the road every year that doesn't involve NDSU, maybe during a bye, and if say it's an off year from an NDSU vs FBS game. Where and which opponent would you have on a bucket list?

Going to the SDSU game and National Championship Game if NDSU is involved.

In regards to other games, if my team isn't involved, I don't care.

MNLonghorn10
07-27-2018, 12:29 AM
No FBS game...so 10 ndsu home games.

bison_by_blood
07-27-2018, 02:59 AM
I’ll be at Delaware and if all goes to plan Frisco. Would love to be at ANY NDSU vs FBS game this year. But if I had to pick, based on tailgating, city and national profile, Clemson would be tops for me.

THEsocalledfan
07-27-2018, 03:19 AM

You will probably need to set up a VPN before you go; that way you can "spoof" your computer is in the US to use ESPN3. I think that is what our friend in Germany does. Happy to help when you get to that point.

wagsabison
07-27-2018, 12:03 PM
I’ll be at Delaware and if all goes to plan Frisco. Would love to be at ANY NDSU vs FBS game this year. But if I had to pick, based on tailgating, city and national profile, Clemson would be tops for me.

Did it once... it's a good time.

17>1
07-27-2018, 01:36 PM
You will probably need to set up a VPN before you go; that way you can "spoof" your computer is in the US to use ESPN3. I think that is what our friend in Germany does. Happy to help when you get to that point.

The help would be much appreciated! Thanks, I'll stay in touch as the time approaches.

MankatoBison
07-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Going to Deleware, college gameday if it happens, and Frisco of course if (when) that happens.

Although.... I did have a dream just last night that we played JMU in the championship again, and we got our asses beat. I woke up sweating and then slowly bean to chuckle... which grew into a hysterical laughing fit at the thought that someone could beat us in frisco this year.

My one year old son, Otto, looked up to me and said: Father, why must you laugh so boisterously this early in the morn?
Me: I had a dream where James Madison beat us in the championship game this year, son.
Otto: **Belly laughed so hard he pissed and shat his pants**

ok so the last half of that didn't happen, but I really did have the dream that JMU beat us last night. #BisonRubeProblems

admin
07-27-2018, 02:25 PM
UNI probably. Hopefully a postseason game too.

HerdThat!
07-27-2018, 02:57 PM

Cal Poly- I havent made it back for a banner raising game yet so will get to do so this year
If we get GameDay I would make it back so long as its not the the SDSU game due to being stuck in a wedding
S.Ill - as my bday gift to myself
Frisco 100%

As far as destination place, that I would like to go to U of Texas regardless of how good/horrible they are

dewey
07-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Cal Poly for banner raising, hopefully USD if we can get tickets, 2 or 3 home playoff games and Frisco assuming everything goes as planned.

Dewey

Hammerhead
07-27-2018, 04:30 PM
I've done the opposite and logged into my employer's VPN server in London to watch NFL games online here in America.

Bison 4 Life
07-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Delaware is over my birthday weekend so I'm coming to Fargo. I'm going to flip a coin on going to UNI but I always have a shitty time there, that place sucks.

Only other option is Western Illinois and once I got that one off my list, I doubt I'll go back. Snoozefest there.

17>1
07-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Love the optimism about 3 additional home games and the annual trip to Texas....no reason to not expect that to happen. I'll be there as well!!!

Can't argue with anyone about not wanting to go on the road to watch someone other than NDSU, they're my favorite team too. And it's also hard cheering for someone as a neutral fan. But there's a part of me that knows that I tie up my entire fall either going to Bison games or watching them on TV from home, and there are some pretty awesome and amazing stadiums and fan bases out there that I think would be fun to experience a game day at/with.

CyPanth
07-27-2018, 07:30 PM

Indeed, UNI.

I would also like to sailgate for a Washington game.

http://blog.nboat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/UW-Husky-Stadium-Sailgating.jpg

BlueBisonRock
07-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Regular Season:
7 Home Games
UNI (2 hour drive)
Thinking about USD
Leaves 2 others to be guilted about.

Playoffs:
Thinking 3 plus Frisco if the weather supports.

Ya know, I may just try to match Road for the season.

56BISON73
07-28-2018, 02:53 AM
All home games except YSU-MN deer opener
Away-UNI and WIU
USD????????

Hammerhead
08-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Single-game tickets sure went fast. I wasn't sure if I had to refresh the ticket page so I did around 6:00:10 and could not get tickets. I didn't look at SRO seats so those might have been available.

devin45k
08-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Single-game tickets sure went fast. I wasn't sure if I had to refresh the ticket page so I did around 6:00:10 and could not get tickets. I didn't look at SRO seats so those might have been available.

I didnt know it was a problem for others really. It was a lot smoother than normal for me. got 2 extra tickets for the last 3 home games.

Winterborn
08-01-2018, 11:34 AM

They were gone by 6:03ish. As that is when I struck out. :) Couple of other friends tried and were not able to get anything. I think the demand was just as high or higher than last year as I had a much easier time then snagging several tickets.

StL Bison Fan
08-01-2018, 01:04 PM
We plan on being at all away games also. I don’t know why but I do enjoy WEstern Illinois. Fans are pretty nice