PDA

View Full Version : Games you've rewatched

tony
07-25-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm halfway through the 2011 Georgia Southern game which is kind of bittersweet to watch because it's the last playoff game I'll ever get to go to with my dad.

My impressions of the first half were that NDSU was really playing sloppily. There were something like 4 or 5 penalties in the first quarter, including running into the punter to give them a first down. In the second quarter, we got burned on a punt fake which kept their only TD drive alive. It's like history repeats itself when we play these southern teams with all the punt problems. Of course, GSU would have had two TDs except for a great FF by John Pike.

Any of you rewatching games?

gumby013
07-25-2018, 02:16 PM
I'm halfway through the 2011 Georgia Southern game which is kind of bittersweet to watch because it's the last playoff game I'll ever get to go to with my dad.

My impressions of the first half were that NDSU was really playing sloppily. There were something like 4 or 5 penalties in the first quarter, including running into the punter to give them a first down. In the second quarter, we got burned on a punt fake which kept their only TD drive alive. It's like history repeats itself when we play these southern teams with all the punt problems. Of course, GSU would have had two TDs except for a great FF by John Pike.

Last night I started rewatching last season's playoff games.

Mr Meaty
07-25-2018, 02:17 PM

I tape every game each season and rewatch them when I get home after attending the game. The two GSU games and just a couple of my favorites.

Vet70
07-25-2018, 02:24 PM
I rewatched the JSU Natty Game last week. I have watched it several times and am still amazed at how many drops their receivers had and how well the Bison defense played. And no matter how many times I see it we never watch out for that damn fake punt.

23Bison
07-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Just rewatched the Iowa game yesterday while at work. :hide:

SDbison
07-25-2018, 02:29 PM
I watched the championship against JMU, the Iowa game, the Iowa State game and the Kansas State game this past off season. These are some of my favorite games and showcase some great Bison teams. Never gets old. Really appreciate how the announcers for those FBS games give NDSU lots of respect.

CaBisonFan
07-25-2018, 02:33 PM
For some reason I really like to watch the Iowa game...even though we didn't win the title that year.

El_Chapo
07-25-2018, 02:41 PM
NDSU over Minnesota with M Will and his 2 touchdowns. singlehandily the best game ever played by a NDSU player on such a big stage.
Big Ten team on National TV. Don't @ me bro.

VA BISON FAN
07-25-2018, 04:27 PM
K State over ad over!

HerdBot
07-25-2018, 04:37 PM
The K State game for sure. Georgia Southern 2012. I still get that nervous feeling watching the end.

BisonNation11
07-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Iowa, Iowa State, last year's SHSU (got my first solid camera time). Will probably watch the other two playoff games from last season before this season starts.

Twincitybizon
07-25-2018, 05:37 PM
I rewatched the JSU Natty Game last week. I have watched it several times and am still amazed at how many drops their receivers had and how well the Bison defense played. And no matter how many times I see it we never watch out for that damn fake punt.

Truth! They couldn't catch a cold. However, a couple of their drops wouldn't have amounted to much anyway as we had defenders in the area. I'd say 3 big ones though that could have changed the game.

OrygunBison
07-25-2018, 08:20 PM
I watch old games enough that I've started kind of hiding it because my family thinks it is weird...

WhoRepsTheLurker
07-25-2018, 08:32 PM
I watch old games enough that I've started kind of hiding it because my family thinks it is weird...

My wife gives me sh*t about this all the time too, so I share your perspective. They must not get it :)

TransAmBison
07-25-2018, 08:48 PM
My wife gives me sh*t about this all the time too, so I share your perspective. They must not get it :)Same here...

Scooter1
07-25-2018, 09:58 PM
I stream an old game when I can't sleep...which is frequent. It relaxes me enough to get to sleep. SHSU game is my favorite.

tony
07-25-2018, 10:02 PM
I stream an old game when I can't sleep...which is frequent. It relaxes me enough to get to sleep. SHSU game is my favorite.

Ha! When the wife and I have to drive 24-hours straight (which happens occasionally), she finds me old Bison radio broadcast to play on the car stereo to keep me awake in that 2am to 7am stretch.

Bison bison
07-25-2018, 10:03 PM

Cripes. That's almost like watching a snuff film.

bri-dog
07-25-2018, 10:21 PM
We were talking about the '06 Gopher game the other day. Didn't watch that*. Never watched a replay of the JMU semifinal loss either.*

*Yeah, I'm a sore fucking loser

BisonNation11
07-25-2018, 10:23 PM
We were talking about the '06 Gopher game the other day. Didn't watch that*. Never watched a replay of the JMU semifinal loss either.*

I record every game and watch it either that same night or the next day if there's some solid college football on in the evening. Since 2011, I've yet to re-watch a game NDSU has lost. I can't do it. I won't even watch the highlights.

HerdBot
07-25-2018, 11:20 PM

That was the game where I was sold on how good we could potentially be. At the time, I had no idea our defense was THAT good.

Vet70
07-25-2018, 11:36 PM
I record every game and watch it either that same night or the next day if there's some solid college football on in the evening. Since 2011, I've yet to re-watch a game NDSU has lost. I can't do it. I won't even watch the highlights.

After a loss in the Dome, the radio isn't even turned on when we go home.

Bisonfanatical
07-26-2018, 06:05 AM

*Yeah, I'm a sore fucking loserI have all those games downloaded on my computer, and I watch them all over and over when I'm on the elipyical, it keeps my mind of of exercising ... lol

But I can't watch that loss to JMU either

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LukeDuke
07-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Don't have much time for TV but re-watched Iowa game with son over dinner the other week. Still haven't seen entire K-State game so thats next on the list.

Bison03
07-26-2018, 07:30 PM
I recently watched the und game. Man, that was clearly a battle of men against boys.

OrygunBison
07-26-2018, 09:59 PM
I recently watched the und game. Man, that was clearly a battle of men against boys.

I don't go to as many games as all of you but I went to that one. I almost always will watch the broadcast of any game I attended as soon as I can but that one was such a complete dud that I've never wasted the time. What a terrible, one-sided game with seemingly no emotion to it, even in the stands.

EC8CH
07-26-2018, 10:05 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/7cTTE2Z1OmrFm/200.gif

tony
07-26-2018, 11:32 PM

If you are talking about the SHSU '17 playoff game, I watched the first half while running on the treadmill today.

Cripes, Stick had three great throws in the first half that resulted in nothing (NDSU doesn't get many PI calls):

https://youtu.be/h3Wbtk52huQ?t=836
https://youtu.be/h3Wbtk52huQ?t=959
https://youtu.be/h3Wbtk52huQ?t=3875

BTW, those were Stick's only 3 incompletions of the first half.

BisonNeil
07-26-2018, 11:45 PM

Which one? 2011 natty game? 2012 natty game? 2014 semifinal game? 2017 semifinal game? They are all my favs :D

Christopher Moen
07-27-2018, 12:03 AM
If you are talking about the SHSU '17 playoff game, I watched the first half while running on the treadmill today.

Cripes, Stick had three great throws in the first half that resulted in nothing (NDSU doesn't get many PI calls):

No pass interference calls were a common issue NDSU faced in the playoffs. Complete opposite from a few years ago when C.J. Smith got nailed just about every time a ball came his way. A few were legit penalties, but some even had the ESPN Announcers baffled.

MNLonghorn10
07-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Pro tip with watching on youtube... hit the forward and backward arrow keys on your keyboard and it skips it 5 seconds either way. Slick way to watch if you want to skip the in between BS and in game 30 second timeouts

bison_by_blood
07-27-2018, 03:25 AM
NDSU over Minnesota with M Will and his 2 touchdowns. singlehandily the best game ever played by a NDSU player on such a big stage.
Big Ten team on National TV. Don't @ me bro.

Preach! That game is underrated, probably because Gophers have been mostly a joke and we’ve done so much else since then. But that was long before beating the bigger boys was the norm. Halftime of this game was one of the best times ever listening to Goofs on the concourse trying to come to grips with how Marcus scored on The Pitch 2.0. AKA The Bounce Pitch

EC8CH
07-27-2018, 05:55 AM

Hahaha. So I'm not the only one!

EC8CH
07-27-2018, 05:56 AM

Must spread rep. Stick has many throws like this that don't show up on stat sheets or highlight reels, but show some pretty exceptional talent.

Mr Meaty
07-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Just watched the 2014 Playoff game vs the Bunnies. RJ had the game winner but he had a couple other big catches in that game. I remember that game due to the fact I almost had a stroke when the ref called a tipped ball on the PI flag late in the game. Thank goodness for replay/review. Also old Stiggy trying to get a few seconds added on the clock. Those refs were so out of it in that game it was terrible. Plus early in the game the official in the middle got run over by Crockett and before that a SDSU WR ran into him as well.

Vet70
07-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Just watched the 2017 Playoff game vs the Bunnies. RJ had the game winner but he had a couple other big catches in that game. I remember that game due to the fact I almost had a stroke when the ref called a tipped ball on the PI flag late in the game. Thank goodness for replay/review. Also old Stiggy trying to get a few seconds added on the clock. Those refs were so out of it in that game it was terrible. Plus early in the game the official in the middle got run over by Crockett and before that a SDSU WR ran into him as well.

Did all of those Bison players come back for a special one-time guest appearance? :biggrin:

Mr Meaty
07-31-2018, 01:49 PM
Did all of those Bison players come back for a special one-time guest appearance? :biggrin:

My bad, fat finger hit whrong kiy hwen tipping.

tony
07-31-2018, 02:00 PM
Watched Iowa State II. Forgot about Crockett getting an 80-yard run called back in the Iowa State game - too bad, that would have put him well over 200 yards. And, the Bison D held Iowa State to 57 yards in the second half (ISU got 37 yards on the last drive in garbage time.)

Bison 4 Life
07-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Watched Iowa State II. Forgot about Crockett getting an 80-yard run called back in the Iowa State game - too bad, that would have put him well over 200 yards. And, the Bison D held Iowa State to 57 yards in the second half (ISU got 37 yards on the last drive in garbage time.)

Crockett blowing a kiss to the cheerleader on his touchdown is the GOAT.

OrygunBison
07-31-2018, 02:49 PM

I just watched that game last night...for probably the 15th time. Awesome seeing CW's first game. He took a couple of vicious hits during the game that I'd really hate to see him take very often. Looked like a fucking gazelle running around the corner. Looked like a truck running up the middle. Great game.

VirginiaBison
07-31-2018, 10:46 PM
I watch all the various playoff games I can find on UT when I'm not otherwise engage. Helps offset depression from MSM daily news "world-is-ending" cycle. Living in the past has certain positive advantages.

17>1
07-31-2018, 10:53 PM
I'll re watch a lot of different Bison games, but I don't watch the losses. I don't want to relive that pain.

Vet70
07-31-2018, 10:55 PM
I'll re watch a lot of different Bison games, but I don't watch the losses. I don't want to relive that pain.

It's a good thing your not a UN_ fan.

bri-dog
07-31-2018, 11:28 PM
It's a good thing your not a UN_ fan.

"re-watch" implies that someone actually watched it the first time... :biggrin:

Vet70
07-31-2018, 11:39 PM

That would be thebigund.

Christopher Moen
07-31-2018, 11:54 PM

https://i.imgur.com/W9jXXjY.gif?noredirect

tony
08-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Thanks to CaBisonFan, I re-watched the 1990 UND game. Was fun to see those players again. And they had the Marty Sieh highlight reel* at half-time! Plus, the commercials really brought me back (not that I'm nostalgic). I also loved the "Between Two Ferns"-style production that was state of the art back then. Five stars, would watch again.

* Marty Sieh still holds the record for longest run from scrimmage (measured in seconds rather than yards.) He had a 70-yard TD run that took at least 45 seconds. It would have only taken 35 seconds but he had to backtrack to hit the only defender he missed in the first 60 yards.

BisManBison
08-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Thanks to CaBisonFan, I re-watched the 1990 UND game. Was fun to see those players again. And they had the Marty Sieh highlight reel* at half-time! Plus, the commercials really brought me back (not that I'm nostalgic). I also loved the "Between Two Ferns"-style production that was state of the art back then. Five stars, would watch again.

* Marty Sieh still holds the record for longest run from scrimmage (measured in seconds rather than yards.) He had a 70-yard TD run that took at least 45 seconds. It would have only taken 35 seconds but he had to backtrack to hit the only defender he missed in the first 60 yards.

That's hilarious!

I re-watched that game too. After watching that I now have a better appreciation/understanding of how Phil had 32 passes defensed in his career at NDSU. I did get more than a little nauseated over the play by play talking UND, though, jesus, if I didn't know better, I'd say UND was undefeated heading into that game.

HerdThat!
08-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Friday I rewatched the 6th championship, Iowa and K-State games. I am too anxious for the season to start

HerdBot
08-10-2018, 04:53 AM
Friday I rewatched the 6th championship, Iowa and K-State games. I am too anxious for the season to start

The last TD drive vs Iowa, we ran 2 TEs and a fullback almost the entire drive.

Next posession Iowa does the same thing to run out the clock and gets negative yardage.

StL Bison Fan
08-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Last years SHSU game is a classic. They were the leading scoring team. How will the Bison stop them?!
The announcers began to sound silly. They have the Play NDSU Curse.

KC Bison
08-14-2018, 11:49 PM
I just watched a 2010 Utube game with USD. They were better than I remembered them. USD was up 13-7 before we blew them out in the second half and won 38-16. Fun to go back and watch games that I know they won but can't remember how it happened.

tony
08-15-2018, 12:14 AM
I just watched a 2010 Utube game with USD. They were better than I remembered them. USD was up 13-7 before we blew them out in the second half and won 38-16. Fun to go back and watch games that I know they won but can't remember how it happened.

Ha! I watched the 2017 game v USD tonight. Easton Stick threw for over 300 yards before he threw his only incompletion. His passing efficiency: 334.07. Average yards per attempt: 25.58. So that would be good.

MNLonghorn10
08-15-2018, 12:39 AM
Ha! I watched the 2017 game v USD tonight. Easton Stick threw for over 300 yards before he threw his only incompletion. His passing efficiency: 334.07. Average yards per attempt: 25.58. So that would be good.

best thing about that day was the tailgate

ByeSonBusiness
08-15-2018, 01:35 AM
Just scanned through the 1990 Und game. Was neat. The option offense is lit

roadwarrior
08-15-2018, 01:49 AM
I watched the 4th quarter of the 2014 Championship game this afternoon

89MTBISON
08-15-2018, 02:25 AM

Link please��

Vet70
08-15-2018, 02:54 AM
Link please��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhW1K7bcsOI

89MTBISON
08-15-2018, 04:01 AM
Mange tussen takk.

Vet70
08-15-2018, 06:52 PM
I was looking for another video and came across highlights of the end of the NDSU v. U.C. Davis game from 2006. It is only about 8 minutes and fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMON9TWhYsI&t=7s

tony
08-15-2018, 08:01 PM
I was looking for another video and came across highlights of the end of the NDSU v. U.C. Davis game from 2006. It is only about 8 minutes and fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMON9TWhYsI&t=7s

Wow, we had some great players back then. Too bad there isn't more video of those teams.

Gotta like Steffes/Blincoe running right up the gut for about 8 yards a pop six or seven times in a row for a TD (having Roehl and Kittelson as lead blockers helped) - that looked like the drive that killed Portland State in the 1988 championship game.

And at 4:25: Ramon Humber went Terry Tate one of their WRs (you can hear Ramon's "Wooo!" and I just assumed he meant to follow with, "You know you need a cover sheet for your TPS report, Jerry!")

Edit: I'm old and originally credited Joe Mays with the hit. Humber+Mays+Maresh - that was a pretty good LB crew.)

TAILG8R
08-15-2018, 09:34 PM
I really enjoyed watching Walker at QB for the Bison. Also it's strange how much you remember from games in the past. The catch/no catch thing, I knew half way through this video who scored the winning TD. That was a fun team to watch, with so many names that you tend to leave the tip of your tongue but one mention and the memories of what they did for NDSU come flooding back.

CaBisonFan
08-15-2018, 11:01 PM
Wow, we had some great players back then. Too bad there isn't more video of those teams.

Gotta like Steffes/Blincoe running right up the gut for about 8 yards a pop six or seven times in a row for a TD (having Roehl and Kittelson as lead blockers helped) - that looked like the drive that killed Portland State in the 1988 championship game.

And at 4:25: Ramon Humber went Terry Tate one of their WRs (you can hear Ramon's "Wooo!" and I just assumed he meant to follow with, "You know you need a cover sheet for your TPS report, Jerry!")

Edit: I'm old and originally credited Joe Mays with the hit. Humber+Mays+Maresh - that was a pretty good LB crew.)There's this Cal Davis highlight video and the 2006 Gophers game. That's all I've been able to find.

BisonNeil
08-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Watched the first half of the 2012 championship with the rematch with Sam Houston. I had almost forgotten the biased one-sided commentary by Jay Walker in that game. Sam Houston had just too much speed and quickness for the Bison to be competitive. Yeah, right.

heffray
08-30-2018, 04:36 PM

I just watched that game last night...for probably the 15th time. Awesome seeing CW's first game. He took a couple of vicious hits during the game that I'd really hate to see him take very often. Looked like a fucking gazelle running around the corner. Looked like a truck running up the middle. Great game.

I was at this game, but i've never actually watched it. I couldn't find it on Youtube, does anyone have a link?

EC8CH
08-30-2018, 04:57 PM
I was at this game, but i've never actually watched it. I couldn't find it on Youtube, does anyone have a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlptLptX-E&t=17s&list=PLc1oatZhrpUBoc5RdF_z2zGyenKXDMfLp&index=6

heffray
08-30-2018, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlptLptX-E&t=17s&list=PLc1oatZhrpUBoc5RdF_z2zGyenKXDMfLp&index=6

Thank you!!!!

heffray
08-30-2018, 06:17 PM

In case anyone needs a new sig line...

EC8CH
08-30-2018, 06:51 PM
In case anyone needs a new sig line...

FBS: Hide Yo Football Teams Hide Yo Cheerleaders! Cuz NDSU running the ball up in here!