PDA

View Full Version : Bison - Gophers 2006 Full Game

CaBisonFan
07-17-2018, 01:21 AM
I've had a few requests for this one. Thought I had lost it in a maze of videos and hard drives...but it popped up on an old external hard drive a couple of days ago.

I'd normally post this on the youtube thread...but I thought this one deserved its own thread. Tony...would you consider leaving this here for a few days?

I vaguely recall this one being taken down from youtube several years ago...so have at it while it lasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW9xmHQBvk8

tony
07-17-2018, 01:40 AM
At 3:02 left in the first quarter, NDSU had a 3-0 lead with a 1st and 10 at the Gopher 14. Penalty and then an interception off a tip. BAAAAH! Then the defense stopped them but NDSU fumbled the punt inside the 20 to give the Gophers a 5-yard scoring drive. And the TD taken back... ouch. More rushing yards, more passing yards, and twice as many first downs. Man.

Still nice to be able to watch guys like Steffes, Humber, White, Walker etc again.

EC8CH
07-17-2018, 01:51 AM
Excellent work sir!

Added to my NDSU vs FBS playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc1oatZhrpUBoc5RdF_z2zGyenKXDMfLp

Honeybooboo
07-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Jay walker....uff

gumby013
07-17-2018, 02:10 AM
Have the CMU game by chance?

Gully
07-17-2018, 02:24 AM
It doesn't exit. I'm not sure the game even happened.

56BISON73
07-17-2018, 02:32 AM
It doesn't exit. I'm not sure the game even happened.

Heres a couple of minutes from that game.

https://youtu.be/O5eGKFdXRYk

CaBisonFan
07-17-2018, 03:12 AM
Have the CMU game by chance?I don't think so. I don't remember ever having the recording.

ByeSonBusiness
07-17-2018, 03:35 AM
At 3:02 left in the first quarter, NDSU had a 3-0 lead with a 1st and 10 at the Gopher 14. Penalty and then an interception off a tip. BAAAAH! Then the defense stopped them but NDSU fumbled the punt inside the 20 to give the Gophers a 5-yard scoring drive. And the TD taken back... ouch. More rushing yards, more passing yards, and twice as many first downs. Man.

Still nice to be able to watch guys like Steffes, Humber, White, Walker etc again.

That was a gut punch. My dad, myself, and two of my cousins went to the game. I don't think my sisters came, but they may have, can't remember. Honestly, I think we were expecting NDSU to get thumped like 42-10 or something. Just was gonna be cool to see NDSU play in the Metrodump. Awesome game, had a lot of fun. Probs more fun than the following year, just because of the expectations even though the Herd won that time around. The TD rightfully was taken back. Better team that day lost. Only time I ever saw the old man snap at a rival fan. We were walking outside the dome and some Sota boys were letting us hear it and papa bear turned around and said something.

MNLonghorn10
07-17-2018, 03:45 AM
them gopher jersey and helmets are awesome. they shouldve worn them the next 2 games

Herd
07-17-2018, 03:53 AM
I will say, I don’t think the Heckendorf/White combo at WR has been matched in the years following 2006. Throw in Majic as the #3 and those are the best WRs we’ve seen up till now.

CaBisonFan
07-17-2018, 05:41 AM
I will say, I don’t think the Heckendorf/White combo at WR has been matched in the years following 2006. Throw in Majic as the #3 and those are the best WRs we’ve seen up till now.
...agreed...

Herd
07-17-2018, 10:47 AM

Vraa/Gebhardt/Smith in 2013 got the job done, but White/Heck/Majeski were a a little more dynamic in 2006. Walker really did a good job of getting White the ball in space and utilizing Heck’s route running ability.

Herd
07-17-2018, 10:49 AM
them gopher jersey and helmets are awesome. they shouldve worn them the next 2 games

Were those throw backs or throw ups?

NovaBison
07-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Just when the off season boredom reaches its peak... you throw out this little gem! Thank you so much for posting this :)

wagsabison
07-17-2018, 11:23 AM
First game where we realized we could play with the big schools. Tough loss but I think it motivated the team the remainder of the year and rolled into the following year. Was that our first FBS game?

Nel360
07-17-2018, 12:55 PM
My son was a senior in HS and playing in the ND 11 man QF that day. Had to listen to the end on the radio while watching MPCG beat Hankinson. First thing he asks after the game is "How did the Bison game turnout"

Mr Meaty
07-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Riding the light rail after the game a lot of Gopher fans were wishing we had won. Also had two college age girls at MOA try and talk some trash after the game and I shut them down quickly.

IndyBison
07-17-2018, 02:54 PM
First game where we realized we could play with the big schools. Tough loss but I think it motivated the team the remainder of the year and rolled into the following year. Was that our first FBS game?Ball State was first earlier that season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TinyBisonFan
07-17-2018, 03:01 PM
"It gives guys a little confidence that we can play with a Big
Ten team," White said. "It's really exciting for our program --
where it's come and where it's going to go."

And little did Travis know, oh, the places that we would go...

Vet70
07-17-2018, 03:43 PM
We were there in 2006 for the heartbreaker. We went back in 2007 when some MU fans started talking smack at breakfast. I told them they had no idea what was coming at them down the tracks at them this year and all I got was sneers. Wish we had seen them at dinner.

JMB
07-17-2018, 03:47 PM
I was at this game, I remember the upper deck (pretty much all NDSU fans) giving the team a standing ovation and cheering at the end of the game, for what we thought was a well fought game. Now we would be pissed for losing to them... LOL

I also remember listening to KFAN on the morning of the 2007 game. They were broadcasting somewhere from downtown. One of the announcers said "There is so much green and gold, you think the Packers are in town".

Herd
07-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Gopher fans were awesome in 2006, gracious and kind. That sure changed in 2007. I don't know if they expected an apology for winning in 2007, but they sure couldn't handle that loss. You would think they'd be good at losing.

BisManBison
07-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Gopher fans were awesome in 2006, gracious and kind. That sure changed in 2007. I don't know if they expected an apology for winning in 2007, but they sure couldn't handle that loss. You would think they'd be good at losing.

A lot of the season ticket holders sitting around us were a little owly. Of course a buddy of mine kept turning around and telling them to "stand up and cheer for your team, they're not good" and asking them "where can we get an application to the Big 10". That may have had something to do with their owliness. He has since quit drinking and is not nearly as entertaining.

bri-dog
07-17-2018, 08:09 PM
A lot of the season ticket holders sitting around us were a little owly. Of course a buddy of mine kept turning around and telling them to "stand up and cheer for your team, they're not good" and asking them "where can we get an application to the Big 10". That may have had something to do with their owliness. He has since quit drinking and is not nearly as entertaining.

LOL. Don't hear "owly" much out here in Colorado.

Also, hardly anyone pronounces the "r" in "ornery". They say "awn-ry"...

Mr Meaty
07-17-2018, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=BisManBison;1286884]A lot of the season ticket holders sitting around us were a little owly. Of course a buddy of mine kept turning around and telling them to "stand up and cheer for your team, they're not good" and asking them "where can we get an application to the Big 10". That may have had something to do with their owliness. He has since quit drinking and is not nearly as entertaining.[/QUOTE

Same for all of us.

Christopher Moen
07-17-2018, 09:01 PM

http://cjzero.com/gifs/GophersBroStruggleFace.gif

https://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/2023097/19ddys6yq9az4gif.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/XtirH79VOu1Nd4Uob7/giphy.gif

http://cjzero.com/gifs/GophersOpenMouthStruggleFace.gif

HerdThat!
07-20-2018, 04:06 PM

That outcome is what started my insane hatred for the Gophers and their fans- I get banter and even disliking other teams and all, but after the game 3 buddies and I we were walking to Grumpy's on Washington and a bus full of Gophers fans were screaming out the window at us all the same stereotypical big school/small school, "you're from ND" type crap you hear- but the second we said "scoreboard." and the bus stopped, about 25 fans got off the bus and surrounded us to fight. Since then, that program can burn for all I care.
PS: we won the fight....:innocent:

mtoutfitter
07-20-2018, 05:38 PM
That outcome is what started my insane hatred for the Gophers and their fans- I get banter and even disliking other teams and all, but after the game 3 buddies and I we were walking to Grumpy's on Washington and a bus full of Gophers fans were screaming out the window at us all the same stereotypical big school/small school, "you're from ND" type crap you hear- but the second we said "scoreboard." and the bus stopped, about 25 fans got off the bus and surrounded us to fight. Since then, that program can burn for all I care.

Snowflakes???

thebootfitter
07-20-2018, 08:18 PM

Snowflakes???

I was thinking the North Dakotans were probably packin' heat. Just a calm, steady look and a flash of what's in the holster sent them running! ;-)

No_Skill
07-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Thanks for posting this!

MankatoBison
07-20-2018, 09:33 PM
That game was the precise day that my fandom for the Bison hit overdrive. 8th Grade, 1st game I had ever been to. The rest is history haha

No_Skill
07-20-2018, 11:13 PM
Just got done watching it. Wow we really should have won that game.

BisonTeacher
07-20-2018, 11:22 PM
Just got done watching it. Wow we really should have won that game.

Yup. We got conservative.

CaBisonFan
07-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Thanks for posting this!You're very welcome. It was sheer luck that I found the old video on a hard drive. Or was it destiny?

CaBisonFan
08-05-2018, 11:53 PM
I've moved this game to another youtube channel. Too boring to explain why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRlFKloB2xs&t=4021s

THEsocalledfan
08-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Jay walker....uff

However, awesome hearing Dick B. do football.....he is good at any sport he does.