06-30-2018, 02:31 AM
QB out of Columbia, MO. 6-2” 210.

Offers: EKU; ISU-B; NDSU; UNI; SDSU; TN Martin

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaren-Lewis-46055930

https://twitter.com/jaren_lewis24/status/1012883660930940929?s=21

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6736268/5a0b4263ff0bc80ff8d051fc

23Bison
06-30-2018, 02:45 AM
Well isn’t this a pleasant surprise! Was thinking we wouldn’t get a Qb till later in the recruiting process. Welcome Jaren!

phxbison
06-30-2018, 02:59 AM
Welcome to Bison football Jaren.

jarhead
06-30-2018, 03:02 AM
Welcome aboard Jaren.

Mr Meaty
06-30-2018, 03:02 AM
Welcome To the herd Jaren.

bruinbison
06-30-2018, 03:09 AM
Welcome!

JP Rock
@JPRockMO
·
39m
Columbia (MO) Battle Outstanding QB talent Jaren Lewis:@Jaren_Lewis24 commits to North Dakota State. Perfect QB to help them win another National Championship.

(JP Rock = Missouri Recruiting service)

Vet70
06-30-2018, 03:10 AM
He doesn't just sit back in the pocket and has a nice ability to scramble. I like the 6'2" quarterbacks. So far we are doing great winning recruiting battles against other Valley teams.

EC8CH
06-30-2018, 05:38 AM
Good movement in the pocket, good vision downfield, shows nice combination of touch and zip on some throws. Looks like a solid QB.

HerdBot
06-30-2018, 11:34 AM
Last year was his first as a starting QB. He played safety as a sophomore with no experience and set a school record with 5 picks. Good potential here

Professor Chaos
06-30-2018, 12:36 PM
Last year was his first as a starting QB. He played safety as a sophomore with no experience and set a school record with 5 picks. Good potential here
Sound like a possible James Hendricks/Esley Thorton type situation where they'll let him give it a shot at QB but if he gets buried on the depth chart and wants to see the field he's got the ability to play on the other side of the ball as well. If that's the case he may not be the only QB they go after this recruiting cycle.

EC8CH
06-30-2018, 01:58 PM

Definitely has some natural ability at the QB position then. Looks so comfortable in the pocket.

HerdBot
06-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Sound like a possible James Hendricks/Esley Thorton type situation where they'll let him give it a shot at QB but if he gets buried on the depth chart and wants to see the field he's got the ability to play on the other side of the ball as well. If that's the case he may not be the only QB they go after this recruiting cycle.

Hard to say but he is certainly athletic enough to play other positions and being a QB, he's smart. Well probably find out just how good he is at QB his senior year. Most coaches wouldn't mind having a roster of 50 QBs. The kid definitely has a good upside. Strong, great arm, good quickness in the pocket, and hes just tall enough

hockeyplayer
07-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Hard to say but he is certainly athletic enough to play other positions and being a QB, he's smart. Well probably find out just how good he is at QB his senior year. Most coaches wouldn't mind having a roster of 50 QBs. The kid definitely has a good upside. Strong, great arm, good quickness in the pocket, and hes just tall enough

Glad to see another Missouri player challenging himself and celebrating to become a BISON !!

bruinbison
09-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Definitely has some natural ability at the QB position then. Looks so comfortable in the pocket.

And here are highlights of Jaren Lewis' 1st 3 games, still looking comfortable in the pocket. No happyfeet here!
Even has a NDSU veer-option style late pitch during the highlights.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6736268/5b9493444bb23b0b64506161

NovaBison
11-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Selected for the Blue Grey All American Bowl

https://twitter.com/Jason_gus_Lewis/status/1060990033727901697

2011BisonAlumni
12-19-2018, 05:11 PM
247 has an article on Jaren likely going to K State.

THEsocalledfan
12-19-2018, 08:17 PM
247 has an article on Jaren likely going to K State.

Interesting. I did not see that, but Burgundy alluded to it on Kolpack and Izzo today, too. With all this said, he does not appear to have signed with K St. He last "positive" NDSU tweet was 12/8/18 and then not much of importance. (I do follow him and can see his tweets.) Absolutely nothing on his plans even though he clearly is not coming here after we signed the Iowa St QB.

Edit: He literally just signed with K st per Dom.

coloradobison
12-19-2018, 08:28 PM
Interesting. I did not see that, but Burgundy alluded to it on Kolpack and Izzo today, too. With all this said, he does not appear to have signed with K St. He last "positive" NDSU tweet was 12/8/18 and then not much of importance. (I do follow him and can see his tweets.) Absolutely nothing on his plans even though he clearly is not coming here after we signed the Iowa St QB.

signing with KState - https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1075502111532691461

also on https://www.kstatesports.com/

Professor Chaos
12-19-2018, 08:28 PM
K-State signed another high school QB today so I don't think Noland's signing had much of an effect on him since Noland was an incoming junior whereas like Lewis the K-State QB will also be an incoming freshman. It sounded like Klieman hired a coach who was good friends with Lewis' dad and that was what started the process of him flipping.

THEsocalledfan
12-19-2018, 08:44 PM
K-State signed another high school QB today so I don't think Noland's signing had much of an effect on him since Noland was an incoming junior whereas like Lewis the K-State QB will also be an incoming freshman. It sounded like Klieman hired a coach who was good friends with Lewis' dad and that was what started the process of him flipping.

Man, that is going to be an awkward situation between Entz and Klieman when Chris gets back. Maybe they already worked it out. (Knowing Klieman, it probably already was worked out.)

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Man, that is going to be an awkward situation between Entz and Klieman when Chris gets back. Maybe they already worked it out. (Knowing Klieman, it probably already was worked out.)

Chris said Collin Klein was the driver behind the Jaren Lewis contact.

heckler
12-19-2018, 08:58 PM
I just want to see someone grow a pair and ask a question or two about it...

westnodak93bison
12-19-2018, 09:06 PM
I just dont care. If the kid wants to wear purple instead of being a Bison so be it. We need the guys who want to be here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Son of a Bison
12-19-2018, 09:06 PM

I will leave you Messingham and Hedberg if Jaren signs with Kstate?

heckler
12-19-2018, 09:10 PM
I will leave you Messingham and Hedberg if Jaren signs with Kstate?

If you throw in a transfer it's a deal.

Vet70
12-19-2018, 09:18 PM
I just dont care. If the kid wants to wear purple instead of being a Bison so be it. We need the guys who want to be here.

^^^^^^^This.

BisManBison
12-19-2018, 09:22 PM

I'd guess that would be the case being we had the transfer lined up already. And the case could always be that Jaren contacted Kleiman and asked if he had a spot for him at KSU?

But regardless of how it went down, what wnd93b said.

VirginiaBison
12-19-2018, 09:28 PM
I haven't been following this thread or Jaren Lewis... but I gather he left. If so must have wanted to just play football, not learn football.

I agree with the comment, only those who want to be here ... and to learn football ... need to stay. You need to learn football to be a champion.

Otherwise, you can just look to the sidelines for them to tell you what to do.

Players who learn football, play fast - Stampeding Speed. {Credit to Vet70}

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/image.php?u=6632&type=sigpic&dateline=1535242114

wagsabison
12-19-2018, 09:51 PM
I haven't been following this thread or Jaren Lewis... but I gather he left. If so must have wanted to just play football, not learn football.

I agree with the comment, only those who want to be here ... and to learn football ... need to stay. You need to learn football to be a champion.

Otherwise, you can just look to the sidelines for them to tell you what to do.

Players who learn football, play fast - Stampeding Speed. {Credit to Vet70}

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/image.php?u=6632&type=sigpic&dateline=1535242114

Can’t fault an 18-year old kid for changing his mind. We’ll be fine. I don’t understand how people get upset about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VirginiaBison
12-19-2018, 10:05 PM
LOL ... I'm not upset. I never heard of this kid. I was just agreeing with the folks who say, the kids who stay; the ones who want to be champions; the ones who want to play here with their whole heart are the ones that need to be here. The ones who want to learn the game and how to play.

If that is not you, yes, by all means, move on with best wishes for you and your future.

People make mistakes all the time. The smart one realize they made a mistake and move on. The Bison football program was not for this kid and he moved on. Smart move! Wise choice. He is to be congratulated, not vilified. I didn't, and truly hope it was not take in that vain.

AKBison
12-20-2018, 01:59 AM
I guess CK isn't as sqeeky clean as we thought. If we win the chipper all we be forgiven though.

23Bison
12-20-2018, 02:11 AM
I don’t think Jaren going to KState puts any negative light on CK at all. Everything is all good.

Twincitybizon
12-20-2018, 02:12 AM
I guess CK isn't as sqeeky clean as we thought. If we win the chipper all we be forgiven though.

I don't think he did anything wrong. We lost one guy, clearly not an effort of his to poach kids

The Lost Dutchman
12-20-2018, 02:24 AM
Les Miles was recruiting him to KU before Coach K left, props to NDSU for having a solid replacement ready to go.

NDSU
12-20-2018, 03:13 AM
Will be in pretty much the same situation at K-State except he'll be riding a Big 12 bench. How long before he transfers out of there? The other signee out of Texas had a handful of both P5 & G5 offers. JL's offers were NDSU, UNI, ISU-b & EKU.

MAKBison
12-20-2018, 03:21 AM
So someone on one of the radio programs said Jalen's dad was tight with one of ndsu's coaches and that because he was going with ck to kc that is what caused Jalen to flip. At least I thought I heard that.

23Bison
12-20-2018, 03:38 AM
So someone on one of the radio programs said Jalen's dad was tight with one of ndsu's coaches and that because he was going with ck to kc that is what caused Jalen to flip. At least I thought I heard that.

I believe his dad was/is friends with a current/existing KState coach and that is where it came from. The fact that he had committed to CK earlier just helped.

MAKBison
12-20-2018, 03:41 AM
I believe his dad was/is friends with a current/existing KState coach and that is where it came from. The fact that he had committed to CK earlier just helped.

Gotcha.....

Christopher Moen
12-20-2018, 03:50 AM

I thought I saw a post here or from a related article that the friend was Collin Klein.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

MAKBison
12-20-2018, 03:56 AM
I thought I saw a post here or from a related article that the friend was Collin Klein.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

That makes sense then.....thanks for clarifying.

BisonNeil
12-20-2018, 05:58 AM
Les Miles was recruiting him to KU before Coach K left, props to NDSU for having a solid replacement ready to go.

A player with two years of eligibility left is not a “solid replacement “ for someone who would have four years. Sorry, that’s just moronic thinking.

CentennialBison
12-20-2018, 07:56 AM
A player with two years of eligibility left is not a “solid replacement “ for someone who would have four years. Sorry, that’s just moronic thinking.

There is little choice so late in the game. It's not like 3 star QB's are easy to get for FCS teams.

Professor Chaos
12-20-2018, 11:39 AM
He's a replacement for Henry Van Dellen, not for Jaren Lewis. I believe that NDSU wanted to sign both of them which is backed up by the fact that Entz said they would be open to signing a high school QB if it fit their "best player available" strategy going into the January recruiting cycle.

wagsabison
12-20-2018, 11:57 AM
He's a replacement for Henry Van Dellen, not for Jaren Lewis. I believe that NDSU wanted to sign both of them which is backed up by the fact that Entz said they would be open to signing a high school QB if it fit their "best player available" strategy going into the January recruiting cycle.

I think that’s the big takeaway. Have a solid QB where there was some mutual interest. It’s a win-win. Plus if a recruit (high schooler) does some research they realize their odds are pretty high it might be 3 years before they see the field with Trey a year ahead of them.

OrygunBison
12-20-2018, 02:45 PM

Meh, a solid strategy is to have scholarships staggered in consecutive years for the QB position, for which this move helps quite a bit.

What IS moronic is the way some people have to be so dramatic or insulting to others when someone else just sees an issue in a different way than them. Why be a dick?

MAKBison
12-20-2018, 03:02 PM

Agreed!!!!!!

bajadanny
12-20-2018, 03:06 PM
No kidding

MankatoBison
12-20-2018, 03:46 PM

Who pissed in your soup? holy cow

TwinCityBison
12-20-2018, 04:22 PM
I don’t think Jaren going to KState puts any negative light on CK at all. Everything is all good. he flipped this kid! He has moved on already! Surprised he's coaching the final game

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2018, 05:16 PM
he flipped this kid! He has moved on already! Surprised he's coaching the final game

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7a/6e/4b/7a6e4bd14c992dfdb9d2577aedaac1ae.jpg

Vet70
12-20-2018, 06:42 PM
he flipped this kid! He has moved on already! Surprised he's coaching the final game

How do we know that the kid and his parents didn't make the decision?

bosco
12-20-2018, 08:28 PM

How do we know what we don't know?

CAS4127
12-20-2018, 08:49 PM
How do we know what we don't know?

Because you know what you don’t know.

Vet70
12-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Because you know what you don’t know.

You don't know bosco. What he thinks he knows and doesn't really know could fill volumes.

CAS4127
12-20-2018, 09:00 PM
You don't know bosco. What he doesn't know could fill volumes.

Right, I know I don’t know him. So, IOW, that’s an example of knowing what I don’t know. Follow?!? FOLLOW!!!!!???

Vet70
12-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Right, I know I don’t know him. So, IOW, that’s an example of knowing what I don’t know. Follow?!? FOLLOW!!!!!???

It frightens me that I do.

bosco
12-20-2018, 09:09 PM

I know I don't know what IOW means. Why must you add to what I don't know.

Vet70
12-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I know I don't know what IOW means. Why must you add to what I don't know.

Let me do this for you slowly---there is this thing called the internet...

Jay
12-21-2018, 12:40 AM
https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-National-Signing-Day-Jaren-Lewis-video-126680125/

Twincitybizon
12-21-2018, 02:21 AM

Just like to point out user names are getting confusing, and I am different from twincitybison and twincitiesbizon.... Fack

yopaulie
12-22-2018, 02:44 AM
Just like to point out user names are getting confusing, and I am different from twincitybison and twincitiesbizon.... Fack

I'm looking for twincitiebizun...anyone seen him?

Twincitybizon
12-22-2018, 01:44 PM
I'm looking for twincitiebizun...anyone seen him?

Not that guy! He's a real dick

scottietohottie
12-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Not that guy! He's a real dick

you guys from Mayville or Portland?. :rofl:

northendzone
05-24-2021, 09:07 PM
Long time listener, rarely post, the QB situation has me thinking a lot about depth and future QB play. It looks like Jalen is 3rd on depth chart at KSU, has he shown any future for them? Any potential of him moving on to someone that needs a QB?