PDA

View Full Version : Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:27 PM
Per Beth Hoole, they already had a deal worked out

HerdistheWord
04-28-2018, 11:34 PM
Per Beth Hoole, they already had a deal worked out

Shoot, will probably see one game of his a year if he makes the roster. Titans are never on TV here. Hopefully, he kicks some AFC butt nonetheless.

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:39 PM
Shoot, will probably see one game of his a year if he makes the roster. Titans are never on TV here. Hopefully, he kicks some AFC butt nonetheless.

NFL Sunday Ticket

bruinbison
04-29-2018, 12:57 AM
Like the sounds of this:

With only four picks in the 2018 draft, the Titans will have to be diligent about adding undrafted free agents. Any UDFAs they sign will have a real shot to compete for roster spots.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/28/titans-2018-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/

Another player who had an injury redshirt in his fourth college season. DeLuca was a tackling machine at NDSU, with 329 tackles, 26 tackles-for-loss, 9.0 sacks, 17 pass breakups and five forced fumbles.

Bison20
04-29-2018, 01:07 AM
Really surprised that he didn't get drafted but sometimes it's better to be able to pick your spot. Hopefully he can make the team and work his way into playing time. Best off luck, I think he will end up finding a spot

HerdBot
05-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Nick was on Bison 1660 today, talking Titans.
Can't wait to see Nick kick ass in the NFL. Tennessee got a hell of a player.
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-great-and-member-of-the-tennessee-titans-nick-deluca-4-30-18

barnwintersportsengelstad
05-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Good for Nick, he should serve Tennessee well!

Bisonator98
06-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Did anyone catch this interview with Nick or have a link to a podcast?
https://mobile.twitter.com/ZigFracassi/status/1008100868246384640?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

SamsRams
06-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Did anyone catch this interview with Nick or have a link to a podcast?
https://mobile.twitter.com/ZigFracassi/status/1008100868246384640?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

they force you to pay to listen

HerdistheWord
07-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Interesting note in Titans camp. Nick Deluca was moved to the offense. The Titans have a deep inside linebacker group and coaches think he has a shot to make the roster as a tight end. I wonder if this was discussed before he signed. I always thought it was weird that he chose the Titans after they drafted some LB's fairly high in the same draft.

23Bison
07-27-2018, 08:31 PM
That’s interesting. I’ve been trying to keep tabs on how he is doing and was hard to find info on. Was sounding like he was an uphill battle for him to make the team which was in a way a surprise. The injuries really took a toll on him.

Vet70
07-27-2018, 09:53 PM
Interesting note in Titans camp. Nick Deluca was moved to the offense. The Titans have a deep inside linebacker group and coaches think he has a shot to make the roster as a tight end. I wonder if this was discussed before he signed. I always thought it was weird that he chose the Titans after they drafted some LB's fairly high in the same draft.

Maybe, if not its called other duties as assigned.

DCinOK
07-27-2018, 11:33 PM
Tight End?! What?! Anyone with the name "Nick Deluca" was born to be a linebacker.

Bison20
07-28-2018, 12:19 AM
Maybe they switched him to qb after seeing what Carson has done

natstar1
07-28-2018, 12:43 AM
That’s interesting. I’ve been trying to keep tabs on how he is doing and was hard to find info on. Was sounding like he was an uphill battle for him to make the team which was in a way a surprise. The injuries really took a toll on him.

Why? making an NFL team undrafted is hard.

Honeybooboo
07-28-2018, 02:07 AM
He can catch, proved that several times at NDSU, his diving INT was a thing if beauty

Christopher Moen
07-28-2018, 02:30 AM
He can catch, proved that several times at NDSU, his diving INT was a thing if beauty

So was his pick-six against EWU!

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/15Bison-Illustrated-NDSU-Bison-Eastern-Washington.jpg

23Bison
07-28-2018, 02:30 AM
Why? making an NFL team undrafted is hard.

Because it’s Nick Deluca. All we had been hearing since he was a junior was “this kid is going to the NFL” especially going into his senior year. Possible day 2 pick in the draft and all of the accolades. I realize making an NFL roster is hard or you and I would do it. Even as an UDFA I was expecting him to turn some heads in camp at LB and really show his coaches what us NDSU fans had been watching for many years. The injuries really took there toll on him. This is my 49 cents.

Honeybooboo
07-28-2018, 02:41 AM
Because it’s Nick Deluca. All we had been hearing since he was a junior was “this kid is going to the NFL” especially going into his senior year. Possible day 2 pick in the draft and all of the accolades. I realize making an NFL roster is hard or you and I would do it. Even as an UDFA I was expecting him to turn some heads in camp at LB and really show his coaches what us NDSU fans had been watching for many years. The injuries really took there toll on him. This is my 49 cents.

Yes injuries hurt him, but no doubt he was a difference maker on D before his lat injury, coaches feared him, hard roll for Nick still remember the night he committed and how excited the staff was, he was a great player

KNOW IT ALL
07-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Cant believe he signed with the Titans when so many NFL teams have a lot of open competitions at LB. Deluca is as good a college player as a number of former successful Bison defenders in the NFL and NFL past. Seems he has been a bit Misguided by somebody in his inner circle. It would be VERY surprising to see him make the practice team as a TE. Hopefully somebody is working the phones on his behalf, maybe through past coaching tree's etc.... ?

bison_by_blood
07-31-2018, 05:17 PM
Cant believe he signed with the Titans when so many NFL teams have a lot of open competitions at LB. Deluca is as good a college player as a number of former successful Bison defenders in the NFL and NFL past. Seems he has been a bit Misguided by somebody in his inner circle. It would be VERY surprising to see him make the practice team as a TE. Hopefully somebody is working the phones on his behalf, maybe through past coaching tree's etc.... ?

Totally disagree, if anything this move gives him a much better chance of making the 53 man. Titans have Walker and Stocker at TE, neither much for special teams. Realistically, DeLuca is gonna make his name on ST, at least his rookie year. Learning TE will probably be more for an emergency situation.

KNOW IT ALL
07-31-2018, 05:49 PM
Generally rookie FA's make a team as depth at position, in this case linebacker as he is NOT a TE, and special teams. If he is not a TE come first or final cuts he isn't going to stick around as a special teams player only. 53 man rosters are TIGHT and 3rd string TE projects aren't very desireable. Wish him well as he is good enough to fill in a linebacker roster spot with another team. TE will be his 'kiss of death".

HerdBot
07-31-2018, 06:04 PM
Generally rookie FA's make a team as depth at position, in this case linebacker as he is NOT a TE, and special teams. If he is not a TE come first or final cuts he isn't going to stick around as a special teams player only. 53 man rosters are TIGHT and 3rd string TE projects aren't very desireable. Wish him well as he is good enough to fill in a linebacker roster spot with another team. TE will be his 'kiss of death".

Sadly I agree. You don't just quickly learn a new position in the NFL where everyone is polished. Nick has to learn basics like stances and footwork while the other guys will be working on learning the playbook. Who knows but I will be shocked if he makes the team at TE. Best case scenario is practice squad.

thebigund
07-31-2018, 06:16 PM
I would be surprised to see him in the NFL at all with how his movement has declined since his soph year.

HerdBot
07-31-2018, 06:24 PM
I would be surprised to see him in the NFL at all with how his movement has declined since his soph year.

Nick was bitten by the bad luck bug and had way too many injuries.

KNOW IT ALL
07-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Agreed, Deluca was NFL talent all the way through his Sophmore year. I know its tough for an FCS player to jump early but I could "possibly" see Jabril Cox make the move early as I think he is going to be that good!! Pending any injury he will be the best defensive player in the FCS this year. Coming from NDSU would give him a chance early as the Bison have a history of producing NFL talents. This game is so violent I credit players for going early if they think they are ready.

CAS4127
07-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Agreed, Deluca was NFL talent all the way through his Sophmore year. I know its tough for an FCS player to jump early but I could "possibly" see Jabril Cox make the move early as I think he is going to be that good!! Pending any injury he will be the best defensive player in the FCS this year. Coming from NDSU would give him a chance early as the Bison have a history of producing NFL talents. This game is so violent I credit players for going early if they think they are ready.

I mentioned her after the Natty game that he may be our first player to declare early—so with you on that point.

TBone
07-31-2018, 09:47 PM
Im mad that I didnt get drafted

Jay
08-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Got waived.

NDSUmulligan
08-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Deluca was cut by the Titans this morning.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-add-two-linebackers-and-a-db-and-waive-two-others

yopaulie
08-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Deluca was cut by the Titans this morning.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-add-two-linebackers-and-a-db-and-waive-two-others

Replaced by a Portland St. Linebacker, that surprises me.

natstar1
08-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Would like to see this for 2 reasons:
1) he is going to be really good for this to be a possibility
2) there will be some Bisonville meltdown

Vet70
08-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Would like to see this for 2 reasons:
1) he is going to be really good for this to be a possibility
2) there will be some Bisonville meltdown

Cox leaving wouldn't be needed to see that happen. Just about anything will suffice.

HerdBot
08-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Got waived.

Glad it happened early so he can get back to playing his real position. I hope Nick continues to pursue the dream even if that means a different league like the Alliance. He just needs an opportunity

Bisonator98
08-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Philly is in need of LB depth, Hicks is always getting hurt. Hope he gets another shot with someone.

steelbison
08-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Really too bad he had the knee issue. Lost a step and obviously with his 40 time he never got it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
08-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Really too bad he had the knee issue. Lost a step and obviously with his 40 time he never got it back

Bad spot for Nick. If he would have sat out and not played last year, he would have had 2 years of basically no stats or film and probably wouldn't have gotten any of those invites or attention. Gotta remember he was on the Butkus watch list and then he had the shoulder injury and then the knee. Then he ends up playing through January. Talk about some shitty luck. Nick probably needs 6 months off to get his body right.

56BISON73
08-12-2018, 10:00 PM
I just dont understand the TE thing.

Green1
08-12-2018, 10:55 PM

Agree. One has to wonder what coach and management staff were telling Deluca and his representation before he signed. The move to TE at this level makes no sense. Incompetent coaching?

Facts
08-13-2018, 12:29 AM

Me neither... I’ve also been thinking about Kyle Emanuel vs Deluca as LBs. Is the current Deluca slower than Emanuel? I have no idea. What separates Emanuel from Deluca as LBs? Maybe it’s simply the injuries/current health status.

HerdistheWord
08-13-2018, 12:43 AM
Unless he didn't get any other offers, Nick made a mistake by choosing the Titans. The team already spent two early picks on linebackers.

56BISON73
08-13-2018, 02:19 AM
Agree. One has to wonder what coach and management staff were telling Deluca and his representation before he signed. The move to TE at this level makes no sense. Incompetent coaching?

There are too many good TEs around that they could pick up to try and train up an LB who has lost a step. I cant imagine a coach from the Titans having this on his wish list.

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 02:36 AM
Unless he didn't get any other offers, Nick made a mistake by choosing the Titans. The team already spent two early picks on linebackers.

Yep. Not a good choice but maybe it was his only option. I think Nick will get another opportunity at his real position. He just needs to wait it out. Players get injured daily. You dont want to learn another position in the NFL. Nobody wants to take a chance on a project with no experience at TE unless they have crazy speed or athleticism, which they have combine numbers that say he doesnt. Linebacker is his ticket and fuck Tennessee

THEsocalledfan
08-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Question to me will always be how much did injuries hurt his stock?

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 12:57 PM

I think it was the combine. Everything appeared to be going great until the combine. The question is did he run slow due to injury or is he just not a good combine player? He had never run track or anything. Bench press has nothing to do with a knee but anyone knows that a guy with long arms isnt going to dominate the bench press. But Nick did well at the 3 cone drill which shows his knee is probably just fine.

You take a guy like Kyle Emanuel who did run track in high school and he killed it at the combine.

Did Nick get the dreaded "injury prone" label?

2 years ago he is on the Butkus list. Hes off to a great start and shuts down after Iowa. Only 3 games of stats.

Starts off the season on the Butkus list. Misses 2 games. Has a good season but not dominant statistics

Goes to the senior bowl and gets rave reviews.

Goes to the combine and under performed. Then you start seeing scouting reports that hes a liability in coverage which is total bullshit

Bisonator98
08-13-2018, 01:04 PM
The NFL is looking for faster LB every year. The traditional larger MLB role is going the way of the dodo as the NFL is more and more a passing league. Teams need LB's who can cover TE's and RB's as receiving threats more then run stuffers. Let's face it Nick was never the fastest LB and the injury's didn't help him any. Still hope he gets another shot and can stick as a backup guy if nothing else.

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 01:12 PM
The NFL is looking for faster LB every year. The traditional larger MLB role is going the way of the dodo as the NFL is more and more a passing league. Teams need LB's who can cover TE's and RB's as receiving threats more then run stuffers. Let's face it Nick was never the fastest LB and the injury's didn't help him any. Still hope he gets another shot and can stick as a backup guy if nothing else.

True the old school middle linebacker is a thing of the past but what blows me away is Nick is great in coverage. I've always thought of that as his strong suit. But I guess in the eyes of the NFL, his 40 doesnt lie even though its obvious on film he can run fast.

THEsocalledfan
08-13-2018, 01:31 PM
True the old school middle linebacker is a thing of the past but what blows me away is Nick is great in coverage. I've always thought of that as his strong suit. But I guess in the eyes of the NFL, his 40 doesnt lie even though its obvious on film he can run fast.

I really think the injuries caught up with him.

wagsabison
08-13-2018, 01:49 PM

I agree. Unfortunately, that happens with some guys. Hopefully he can hang on for a while.

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Hes had the 5 months to get his body right but at the time of the combine, it may have been an issue

natstar1
08-13-2018, 01:54 PM
I think it was the combine. Everything appeared to be going great until the combine. The question is did he run slow due to injury or is he just not a good combine player? He had never run track or anything. Bench press has nothing to do with a knee but anyone knows that a guy with long arms isnt going to dominate the bench press. But Nick did well at the 3 cone drill which shows his knee is probably just fine.

Have his combine numbers handy? and a knee injury could/should affect your bench press

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Have his combine numbers handy? and a knee injury could/should affect your bench press

Comparing Nick and Kyle

Nick DeLuca (ILB)
HEIGHT 6' 3"
WEIGHT 251 lbs
ARMS 32 3/4”
HANDS 10 1/4”
Combine Results
40 Yard Dash 4.85 SECONDS
Bench Press 18 REPS
Vertical Jump 29.5 INCHES
Broad Jump 112.0 INCHES
3 Cone Drill 7.09 SECONDS
20 Yd Shuttle 4.23 SECONDS

Kyle Emanuel (OLB)
HT: 6'3" WT: 255LBS.
POSITION: OLB
ARM LENGTH: 31"
HANDS: 9 3/8"
COMBINE STATS
40 YARD DASH: 4.77 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 27 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 34.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 120.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.10 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.25 SEC
60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.78 SEC

oldmantutters
08-13-2018, 02:39 PM
I was listening to Fantasy Football Weekly 2 Saturdays ago now. They brought up Jerrick McKinnon who had a very good 40 time at the combine but they said that he had been analyzed as having a very normal to below normal 40 time with pads on. It was an interesting take that I'm sure has crossed everyone's mind. How do the pads affect your speed? Also do some guys have more of a competitive spirit that makes them much faster when going against others rather than running solo? I wonder if this is something that they are able to do with all players or if it is only possible with guys who get the ball in open space?

devin45k
08-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Me neither... I’ve also been thinking about Kyle Emanuel vs Deluca as LBs. Is the current Deluca slower than Emanuel? I have no idea. What separates Emanuel from Deluca as LBs? Maybe it’s simply the injuries/current health status.

Obviously something separates them. One has been starting and was drafted in the NFL and the other is UDFA that got converted. They probably saw some big flaws in DeLuca for the LB position and attempted to try anything to salvage his talent. He got his chance and it didn't work out and now it's time for him to look for another.

DeLuca has gotten really banged up over the years in college.

HerdBot
08-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Obviously something separates them. One has been starting and was drafted in the NFL and the other is UDFA that got converted. They probably saw some big flaws in DeLuca for the LB position and attempted to try anything to salvage his talent. He got his chance and it didn't work out and now it's time for him to look for another.

DeLuca has gotten really banged up over the years in college.

Kyles stock rose after thr combine. Nick's fell after the combine. Kyle had experience as he ran track in high school and was pretty good at it. Nick had never run track before and you just dont learn that in a couple months. Nick is also kind of a tweener, like Kyle. Hes a good sized MLB but also kind of a DE build with the long arms and 6-3 height. That's why TE was a spot they considered.

As far as injuries, Nick was unlucky. Separated shoulder. Knee. Kyle missed zero time and he played in 61 games, put up monster stats, and killed it at the combine

El_Chapo
08-13-2018, 03:22 PM

I was ridiculed by all you when I wrote on Bisonville that Nick Deluca should've declared Pro after his Sophomore year... and ill say the same thing about Jabril Cox.. He should've listened to me. Sad really. Dude was 1 of the best MLB NDSU ever had , him and Travis Beck not playing 1 snap in the NFL is 1 of NDSU's greatest travesty's

TAILG8R
08-13-2018, 04:42 PM
If you look at those combine numbers bot shared they suggest that even though Deluca's physical numbers look better(longer reach, hand size) the performance numbers show Kyle being a better athlete.

EC8CH
08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
If you look at those combine numbers bot shared they suggest that even though Deluca's physical numbers look better(longer reach, hand size) the performance numbers show Kyle being a better athlete.

With the question being how much do those combine numbers translate to on field performance between the two.

Pretty hard not to see how bad luck in the timing of injuries hurt ND compared to KE. Margins are so thin at making it in the NFL already. Hard to overcome poorly timed injuries. Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere if he wants it.

TAILG8R
08-13-2018, 05:14 PM
With the question being how much do those combine numbers translate to on field performance between the two.

Pretty hard not to see how bad luck in the timing of injuries hurt ND compared to KE. Margins are so thin at making it in the NFL already. Hard to overcome poorly timed injuries. Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere if he wants it.Agreed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

thebigund
08-13-2018, 06:02 PM

Not so much his stock as his ablility to move. He used to run really well, not so much anymore.

Bison 4 Life
08-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Not so much his stock as his ablility to move. He used to run really well, not so much anymore.

He scored within the top half of linebackers at the combine for 40, 3 cone and shuttle. I don't think that's the case.

thebigund
08-14-2018, 03:57 AM
He scored within the top half of linebackers at the combine for 40, 3 cone and shuttle. I don't think that's the case.

It would appear that the NFL agrees with me and not you.

HerdBot
08-14-2018, 07:23 AM

His combine was terrible and theres no way to sugar coat it. Some categories were solid but he was at the bottom of many categories.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker

That doesn't mean hes not fast but the reality is the NFL puts way too much stock into the combine and players who are a projected 5th round pick will drop dramatically after a bad combine. 1st rounders have dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round after bad combines and workouts. History shows some of the best players had bad combines.

I think it's a mix of a lingering knee, not having track experience, bad team to sign with, and injury question marks. NFL teams dont like the risk of someone who is injured frequently and Nick had a shoulder and knee. It's not his fault but shitty luck

Nick will get a shot because he is a great player and hes fast enough for a middle linebacker. You would think his knee would be fine by now. It's been months. I am rooting for him big time. All it takes is a few injuries and he will get a shkt. The path is never easy. How many times did it look like Marcus, Billy Turner, and CJ were done. Still hanging around.

Now check out Chris Boards combine numbers. He did the same camp as Nick.

Board had a good combine, hadnt been injured, peaked his senior year, and signed with what appears to be a good team. Hes not a lock to make the roster but its promising.

https://m.herosports.com/nfl-draft/fcs-combine-linebackers-top-marks-2018-ajaj

THEsocalledfan
08-14-2018, 01:02 PM
His combine was terrible and theres no way to sugar coat it. Some categories were solid but he was at the bottom of many categories.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker

That doesn't mean hes not fast but the reality is the NFL puts way too much stock into the combine and players who are a projected 5th round pick will drop dramatically after a bad combine. 1st rounders have dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round after bad combines and workouts. History shows some of the best players had bad combines.

I think it's a mix of a lingering knee, not having track experience, bad team to sign with, and injury question marks. NFL teams dont like the risk of someone who is injured frequently and Nick had a shoulder and knee. It's not his fault but shitty luck

Nick will get a shot because he is a great player and hes fast enough for a middle linebacker. You would think his knee would be fine by now. It's been months. I am rooting for him big time. All it takes is a few injuries and he will get a shkt. The path is never easy. How many times did it look like Marcus, Billy Turner, and CJ were done. Still hanging around.

Now check out Chris Boards combine numbers. He did the same camp as Nick.

Board had a good combine, hadnt been injured, peaked his senior year, and signed with what appears to be a good team. Hes not a lock to make the roster but its promising.

https://m.herosports.com/nfl-draft/fcs-combine-linebackers-top-marks-2018-ajaj

Problem is, many teams will view him as already having a shot. He is already a crazy long shot at this point, Gabe, as painful as this is to admit, this is like when Brock Jensen was waived.

EC8CH
08-14-2018, 01:51 PM
Problem is, many teams will view him as already having a shot. He is already a crazy long shot at this point, Gabe, as painful as this is to admit, this is like when Brock Jensen was waived.

I wouldn't go that far. Hopefully this is closer to Marcus getting dropped by the Texans than Brock with Miami.

TAILG8R
08-14-2018, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Hopefully this is closer to Marcus getting dropped by the Texans than Brock with Miami.

I'm afraid Thesocalledfan is probably closer to reality on this one but I guess that's just my opinion. He was a long shot from the start after injuries and going undrafted. Sometimes we have to step back and admit that even some of the greatest NDSU players won't be NFL players. It's ok.

steelbison
08-14-2018, 02:19 PM
It would appear that the NFL agrees with me and not you.

Totally agree. He never was close to his old self after the injury. He had trouble changing direction on the open field. Missed several tackles because of it.

EC8CH
08-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Totally agree. He never was close to his old self after the injury. He had trouble changing direction on the open field. Missed several tackles because of it.

The specifics of his knee injury I don't think were every really clarified. Hopefully he just hasn't recovered fully but maybe the extend or just the timing was really bad luck. I still hope he gets another shot but agree it's a tough road for a UDFA.

Reason I don't think the Brock comparison is accurate is Brock never really displayed the skills necessary to make it at his position in the NFL. He was always a long shot or a project as an NFL QB. Nick had the talent but it seems his injury slowed him down a step an it's unknown if he'll ever get it back.

oldmantutters
08-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's what I saw out on the field as well. It sucks because he was so good before the knee injury.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
08-14-2018, 03:21 PM
The specifics of his knee injury I don't think were every really clarified. Hopefully he just hasn't recovered fully but maybe the extend or just the timing was really bad luck. I still hope he gets another shot but agree it's a tough road for a UDFA.

Reason I don't think the Brock comparison is accurate is Brock never really displayed the skills necessary to make it at his position in the NFL. He was always a long shot or a project as an NFL QB. Nick had the talent but it seems his injury slowed him down a step an it's unknown if he'll ever get it back.

Your point is solid. My point is being an early waive as an UDFA does not end well, almost ever. Much like Brock.

Prime Power
08-14-2018, 03:30 PM
That's what I saw out on the field as well. It sucks because he was so good before the knee injury.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Watching the replays of games and you can tell he really lost his quickness at getting the angles and filling gaps after the injury.

yopaulie
08-14-2018, 05:10 PM

I think people are forgetting that there was some hype surrounding Brock signing with Miami. I remember articles and positive chances at the signing. I also recall he received an above average UDFA signing bonus. It just came crashing down fast when he was cut within 2 weeks, and they kept a Northern Colorado QB over him.

HerdBot
08-14-2018, 05:14 PM

Did Brock move to a position he had never played? I think Nick will get a shot at linebacker because hes a great linebacker and his knee should be good now.

EndZoneQB
08-14-2018, 08:22 PM
I think people are forgetting that there was some hype surrounding Brock signing with Miami. I remember articles and positive chances at the signing. I also recall he received an above average USDA signing bonus. It just came crashing down fast when he was cut within 2 weeks, and they kept a Northern Colorado QB over him.

Brock never had the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Nick has/had the tools to be a 3 down LB in the NFL.

thebigund
08-15-2018, 02:35 AM
Brock never had the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Nick has/had the tools to be a 3 down LB in the NFL.

Had. The way he moved as a soph would get the job done.

scottietohottie
08-15-2018, 03:46 AM
NDSU puts some miles on linebackers.

bri-dog
08-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Signed with the Jaguars...

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-sign-linebacker-nick-deluca

wagsabison
08-21-2018, 09:08 PM

NDSU connection doesn't hurt.

HerdBot
08-21-2018, 09:10 PM

Hell yeah. Congrats Nick

SDbison
08-21-2018, 09:39 PM

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-sign-linebacker-nick-deluca Glad to see Nick get another chance. What is the linebacker situation at Jacksonville? Do they play a middle linebacker much? What does their depth / health at linebacker look like?

bison22
08-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Glad to see Nick get another chance. What is the linebacker situation at Jacksonville? Do they play a middle linebacker much? What does their depth / health at linebacker look like?

They have the best Middle linebacker in the NFL: Myles Jack

Professor Chaos
08-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Glad to see Nick get another chance. What is the linebacker situation at Jacksonville? Do they play a middle linebacker much? What does their depth / health at linebacker look like?
Here's a 53 man roster prediction for them from before the preseason started: https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/jaguars-53-man-roster-prediction-preseason-kickoff-edition/77-581629892

Linebacker (5, 40)

Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, Leon Jacobs, Donald Payne, Blair Brown

Thoughts: Smith and Jack are pegged as the starters at weak-side and middle linebacker. They are also the top nickel linebacker duo. Jacobs, one of the team's two seventh-round picks, has been lining up as the starting strong-side linebacker for the entirety of training camp. Payne and Brown can back up Smith and Jack and have flashed ability as off-the-ball linebackers. With [DEs] McCray and Phillips on the roster as potential backup SAM linebackers, the Jaguars only keep five guys at the position.

Their D-line is insanely loaded so there's not a lot of room for LBs if they're keeping 10 on the D-line like the author predicts. The good news is a rookie 7th rounder is one of their starting OLBs so there's opportunity to make noise there.

HerdistheWord
08-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Maybe Nick will actually get some exposure this time around. Let's face it, the Titans had resources invested in other young LB's and Nick was not given much of a chance. The odds of Nick making the roster are slim (probably nonexistent), but he is an extra body for the last preseason game and could flash some potential that lands him on a practice squad somewhere. Thank goodness he wasn't signed as a tight end.

HerdBot
08-21-2018, 11:52 PM
Maybe Nick will actually get some exposure this time around. Let's face it, the Titans had resources invested in other young LB's and Nick was not given much of a chance. The odds of Nick making the roster are slim (probably nonexistent), but he is an extra body for the last preseason game and could flash some potential that lands him on a practice squad somewhere. Thank goodness he wasn't signed as a tight end.

I think he has a shot to make the roster. It will take a few injuries and some special teams work, but I like his chances

Bisonator98
08-22-2018, 01:59 AM
The best part is he's on a team for the last 2 preseason games. He should get a chance to play at least a little in that last game. Get a shot, take advantage of it.

THEsocalledfan
08-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Just hope he shows enough to land a practice squad spot to give him time to fully heal for the first time in years; convinced that is what is holding him back. Glad I was wrong on getting another shot.

Bison bison
08-22-2018, 04:35 PM
I think he for sure makes a practice squad somewhere.

Alsen
08-30-2018, 01:09 AM
I agree that he didn't recover his athleticism after the meniscus. I had a sinking feeling when the announcer said that game that he had talked to Nick and he had said,"it's my time." I really felt that it wasn't the right time.

I also agree it doesn't look good being released early by the Titans, but then, on the other hand, this guy was actually drafted in the 2005 draft and released in June by the Giants.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Wake

It isn't over until a talented guy like Nick is actually permanently disabled, even just a little bit. If he can find a way to get back to 100% and recover all of his athleticism, other guys have blazed a trail. If Wake goes over a hundred sacks, he will be a shoe-in for the HOF.

EndZoneQB
08-30-2018, 02:23 AM
I agree that he didn't recover his athleticism after the meniscus. I had a sinking feeling when the announcer said that game that he had talked to Nick and he had said,"it's my time." I really felt that it wasn't the right time.

I also agree it doesn't look good being released early by the Titans, but then, on the other hand, this guy was actually drafted in the 2005 draft and released in June by the Giants.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Wake

It isn't over until a talented guy like Nick is actually permanently disabled, even just a little bit. If he can find a way to get back to 100% and recover all of his athleticism, other guys have blazed a trail. If Wake goes over a hundred sacks, he will be a shoe-in for the HOF.

...he's already on a roster....

NovaBison
09-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Nick is on the Jaguars Practice Squad!

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/1036322314068127744

BisonTru
09-03-2018, 06:00 AM
Nick is on the Jaguars Practice Squad!

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/1036322314068127744

Pretty crazy ride for Nick. It looked pretty grim when he was let go in Tennessee. I'm glad the Jags have saw enough to keep him on board.

Christopher Moen
09-03-2018, 07:09 AM
Pretty crazy ride for Nick. It looked pretty grim when he was let go in Tennessee. I'm glad the Jags have saw enough to keep him on board.

I have a feeling he’ll eventually be on the 53-man roster by season’s end.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

THEsocalledfan
09-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Now, time to fully heal. Give him a year, and lets see if he can get back to old Nick.

EC8CH
10-22-2018, 09:18 PM
DeLuca makes active roster!!!

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1054478331129655296

Just in time to play Wentz in London.

23Bison
10-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Well that’s pretty cool!

Rixen
10-22-2018, 09:33 PM
That is awesome. No matter where he goes from here he got to suit up for an NFL regular season game. In London is a neat little experience too. Hopefully there are many more games to game.

BisonNeil
10-22-2018, 11:05 PM
And I get to see them live!!!! Nice.

1979 Bison
10-22-2018, 11:26 PM
And I get to see them live!!!! Nice.

Oh, why don’t you quit your bragging! Sounds like your world has not been turned upside down as much as you were saying at the game on Saturday!:rofl:

Bisonator98
10-23-2018, 02:50 PM
That'll be cool to see Nick and Carson on the field again.

BTW can we get the thread title changed. The Titans suck!

HerdBot
10-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Congrats Nick!!! Knew you would get a shot

natstar1
10-23-2018, 08:33 PM
That'll be cool to see Nick and Carson on the field again.

Is this guaranteed. Aren't there always about 6-8 guys that are inactive? I know most of them are hurt, but there are healthy scratches too.

BTW can we get the thread title changed.
Yes. Each player should have one thread.

Can't wait until Cox is a 5 time Pro Bowler and his thread is still, 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

HerdistheWord
10-23-2018, 08:46 PM
I assume that we will probably see Nick on Special Teams. I wouldn't expect more than that. He has come a long way since being completely disregarded by the Titans. Someone in that organization yanked his chains pretty good and then tossed him aside. Good to see the Jaguars actually giving him a chance.

BisonNation11
10-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Nick needs to survive the season on the active roster. If he can do that, he'll have history with the coaches. A full off-season to heal up and get stronger will do wonders for him. Then prove himself in camp and he'll be a backup beginning next season.

blackdiamond2
10-24-2018, 02:12 AM
How much is "minimum wage" for one NFL game for DeLuca? Play good special teams and he has a good chance of sticking around. (usually around 20 to 30 plays each game if he is on all the special teams).

No_Skill
10-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Just saw Nick on kickoff coverage.

natstar1
10-28-2018, 01:57 PM
How much is "minimum wage" for one NFL game for DeLuca? Play good special teams and he has a good chance of sticking around. (usually around 20 to 30 plays each game if he is on all the special teams).
does a guy like Nick play FG offense and/or defense. I would think he plays on punts, kickoffs, and maybe kick return.

DCinOK
10-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Goedert was one v. One against on jax punt. Call it a draw

HerdBot
10-28-2018, 06:07 PM

Its between 450k and 500k but prorated. Nick would make something like 275k after a prorate or like 30 grand a game. Practice squad is like 8 grand a week. Not bad money

AKBison
10-29-2018, 07:52 PM
So happy for Nick. The guy was a lock to get drafted before his injuries. Like others have said, if he can hang on to his active roster spot until the end of year and spend the off season getting healthy, he will be in a much better position to succeed and compete in next years camp.

HerdistheWord
06-16-2019, 04:16 PM
DeLuca was waived by the Jaguars. I’m a little surprised based on the audition that they gave him at the end of last year. We’ll see if he ends up on the practice squad again.

23Bison
06-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Crappy news for sure. I just want him to get his legit shot. I would hate so see him end up with the same path as Crockett. Not taking anything away from John at all but his shoulder injury really ruined his premo chance with GB.

Christopher Moen
06-16-2019, 05:56 PM
DeLuca was waived by the Jaguars. I’m a little surprised based on the audition that they gave him at the end of last year. We’ll see if he ends up on the practice squad again.

I predict he ends up In L.A.

Twincitybizon
06-16-2019, 06:19 PM
I predict he ends up In L.A.

With every other fcs guy. They like em out in la

HerdistheWord
06-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Awkward moment on the Insiders yesterday...Nick Deluca had to break the news that he had been cut after receiving several questions about Jacksonville and his prep for the season. Do the Bison 1660 guys not read bisonville?

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-744211984/nick-deluca-6-25-19

Bisonator98
06-26-2019, 01:33 PM
Can we change the thread title to just Nick Deluca?

Yeah that was a bit awkward. You'd think Jeff or Jeremy would have checked the roster before hand or at least Fish......come on man!

El_Chapo
06-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Awkward moment on the Insiders yesterday...Nick Deluca had to break the news that he had been cut after receiving several questions about Jacksonville and his prep for the season. Do the Bison 1660 guys not read bisonville?

See.. I have NO IDEA WHY NDSU fans/Fargo Media doesn't focus more on NDSU players in the NFL! its mind numbing to me

thebigund
06-26-2019, 02:59 PM

Coming from the crew that brought you “NDSU is closer to Alabama than UND is to NDSU” so I’d say not surprised in the least. I wouldn’t be surprised if the then worded it that it was DeLuca cut the team, not the other way around.

Bisonator98
06-26-2019, 03:10 PM
Coming from the crew that brought you “NDSU is closer to Alabama than UND is to NDSU” so I’d say not surprised in the least. I wouldn’t be surprised if the then worded it that it was DeLuca cut the team, not the other way around.

That's an accurate statement and you know it. Deep down it kills you fawkers. Unless you are referring to location. :rofl:

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 03:14 PM
See.. I have NO IDEA WHY NDSU fans/Fargo Media doesn't focus more on NDSU players in the NFL! its mind numbing to me

"Nick DeLuca gets tackle on punt coverage" isn't particularly exciting to the average person. The only one who is going to get much coverage is Wentz for obvious reasons.

It is bad to not know a dude got cut though no doubt.

EC8CH
06-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Coming from the crew that brought you “NDSU is closer to Alabama than UND is to NDSU” so I’d say not surprised in the least.

You mad bro?

Professor Chaos
06-26-2019, 03:36 PM
They've said way more outlandish things than that. Both Massey and Sagarin agree with them on that as well since each had NDSU about 20 points behind Bama and about 30 points ahead of UND at the end of last season.

thebigund
06-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Mr. Sagarin thinks so.
Alabama #2
NDSU #19
UN_ #153

This is Christopher Moen level logic.

Vet70
06-26-2019, 03:45 PM
This is Christopher Moen level logic.

I took down the post because Chaos beat me to it. But it hurts, doesn't it?

thebigund
06-26-2019, 04:05 PM
I took down the post because Chaos beat me to it. But it hurts, doesn't it?

No being smarter than you doesn’t hurt at all.

Bisonator98
06-26-2019, 04:17 PM

Lol you're pathetic just like your football program. Stupid fawker!

TransAmBison
06-26-2019, 04:22 PM
Coming from the crew that brought you “NDSU is closer to Alabama than UND is to NDSU” so I’d say not surprised in the least. I wouldn’t be surprised if the then worded it that it was DeLuca cut the team, not the other way around.That's funny right there.

Maybe it is just me...but I enjoy thebigund's posts way more than anything put into most threads (my mind goes to the climate change thread...but then that's my fault for reading the stuff).

MankatoBison
06-26-2019, 04:24 PM
“NDSU is closer to Alabama than UND is to NDSU” .

Fact Check: Absolutely F*ckin true

thebigund
06-26-2019, 04:26 PM
That's funny right there.

Maybe it is just me...but I enjoy thebigund's posts way more than anything put into most threads (my mind goes to the climate change thread...but then that's my fault for reading the stuff).

I can only imagine what is in that thread. :paperbag:

Vet70
06-26-2019, 04:27 PM

There is no use going on and on about it. Since you are so smart you know last year NDSU would have at least given Alabama a game for awhile while all UN_ would do is crap out like they did against Washington and proclaim they went toe-to-toe. If you don't believe that you are not nearly as smart as you think you are. And having to post you are smarter than anyone makes you sound childish.

Christopher Moen
06-26-2019, 04:59 PM

If you were smarter than Vet70, or just about everyone else on this forum, you wouldn't be posting a truth as lie. But then again, what can we expect from someone who claims UND "owns" the UNI-Dome despite a 2-3 record there.

However, don't worry, you'll always be smarter than Barney.....unless you two are one and the same (insane).

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 05:10 PM
Fact Check: Absolutely F*ckin true

Mars is closer to Mercury than Jupiter is to Mars!**

Not that it matters, both are still real far from the Sun lmaooo

**Idk if that is true I'm not gonna look it up right now.

EC8CH
06-26-2019, 05:18 PM

Jupiter is a butthurt whiny crybaby of a planet who cuts its women's hockey program while raising videoscreens in their arena instead of championship banners.

***and I did look this up on Wikipedia and it is 100% accurate.

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Jupiter is a butthurt whiny crybaby of a planet who cuts its women's hockey program while raising videoscreens in their arena instead of championship banners.

***and I did look this up on Wikipedia and it is 100% accurate.

They won a title like 3 years ago. If they hadn't, I'd say well done.

Professor Chaos
06-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Only at the solar system level though... win something at the galactic level and I'll be impressed.

Vet70
06-26-2019, 05:29 PM

Mars to Mercury= 105,651 million miles
Mars to Jupiter=365 million miles
Mercury to the Sun=35.98 million miles---not that far in the scope of the universe, especially at warp 10.
Jupiter to the Sun=483.8 million miles
Mars to the Sun=141.6 million miles

Why I bothered I don't know.

TransAmBison
06-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Mercury to the Sun=35.98 million miles---not that far in the scope of the universe.

Why I bothered I don't know.You didn't cite your source...your rebuttal is discarded. Thanks for playing.

Vet70
06-26-2019, 05:35 PM
You didn't cite your source...your rebuttal is discarded. Thanks for playing.

Found it on the internet so ipso facto it is true.

CalBison97
06-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Mercury to the Sun=35.98 million miles---not that far in the scope of the universe, especially at warp 10.

Identity reveal: Vet is Bill Nye

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190626/59b5ad2de8fa89d3a3088be709d9ab67.jpg

Vet70
06-26-2019, 05:44 PM
Identity reveal: Vet is Bill Nye

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190626/59b5ad2de8fa89d3a3088be709d9ab67.jpg

Ha! Actually, I was a scientist, just not the kind that was real science.

Bison 4 Life
06-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Ha! Actually, I was a scientist, just not the kind that was real science.

Hey now, I tell everybody I had a science minor in college. :D

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 05:58 PM

I like when other people do my work for me. Thanks!

Astronomy is lit af.

Christopher Moen
06-26-2019, 06:25 PM

Reminds me of something I learned back in March - Mercury, on average, is the closest planet to every other planet in the Solar System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=400&v=GDgbVIqGADQ

With that said, UND is no Mercury, but a Pluto where football fans have yet to figuring out if they are an actual DI football team.

TransAmBison
06-26-2019, 06:27 PM
Reminds me of something I learned back in March - Mercury, on average, is the closest planet to every other planet in the Solar System.

With that said, UND is no Mercury, but a Pluto where football fans have yet to figuring out if they are an actual DI football team.I wonder if our previous women's basketball coach was starting to look at Pluto for players...

Christopher Moen
06-26-2019, 06:31 PM
I wonder if our previous women's basketball coach was starting to look at Pluto for players...

More like the Kuiper Belt.

Christopher Moen
06-26-2019, 06:32 PM
I like when other people do my work for me. Thanks!

Astronomy is lit af.

I find it mind-blowing.

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 08:15 PM

With that said, UND is no Mercury, but a Pluto where football fans have yet to figuring out if they are an actual DI football team.

Wtf I'm gonna watch that when I get home. That's neat.

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 08:16 PM
I wonder if our previous women's basketball coach was starting to look at Pluto for players...

I think she was trying to find Planet 9. The hypothetical planet that is like 10000 AUs away. I hear that on top of possibly existing, they also might have some decent ball players.

Vet70
06-26-2019, 08:29 PM
I think she was trying to find Planet 9. The hypothetical planet that is like 10000 AUs away. I hear that on top of possibly existing, they also might have some decent ball players.

You're on your own researching that one.

ByeSonBusiness
06-26-2019, 08:50 PM
You're on your own researching that one.

I check the web about once a month for updates.

EC8CH
06-26-2019, 10:47 PM

I remember that playoff season. American Internation College and Earth Intergalactic Vocational really slugged in out in the semis that year.

#highestlevel

SDbison
06-26-2019, 11:17 PM
I thought with all these recent posts Nick got picked up by another NFL team......oh well this is Bisonville!

HerdBot
06-27-2019, 07:56 PM
I find it mind-blowing.

If your mind cant be blown by the fact we live on a semi round rock covered in water that is traveling at 67k miles per hour around the sun while spinning at 1k miles per hour and conditions are so perfect, it feels completely still and you cant actually fall off of it nor will the water... nothing will blow your mind

Christopher Moen
06-27-2019, 09:34 PM
If your mind cant be blown by the fact we live on a semi round rock covered in water that is traveling at 67k miles per hour around the sun while spinning at 1k miles per hour and conditions are so perfect, it feels completely still and you cant actually fall off of it nor will the water... nothing will blow your mind

Those are a few good examples of mind-blowing astronomy. Then when you take into account of the size of our solar system and how it pales in comparison to our galaxy, which is just one of many others in an ever-expanding universe that might theoretically be in the shape of a doughnut, it's amazing that our heads just don't randomly explode in amazement.

thebigund
06-28-2019, 03:46 AM

Gravity. Pretty simple.

bisonfanette
06-28-2019, 04:33 AM
I thought with all these recent posts Nick got picked up by another NFL team......oh well this is Bisonville!

I was thinking the same thing!!! :uhyeah::uhyeah::uhyeah: (We could use an emoji with hands up in the air!) :nod:

Christopher Moen
06-28-2019, 05:14 AM
Gravity. Pretty simple.

Can you explain where gravity comes from?

WeAreThePride
06-28-2019, 11:46 AM

If he could, he'd be the most famous scientist on the planet.

thebigund
06-28-2019, 01:05 PM

Gravity comes from mass. I think the hard question you tried to ask was why/how does gravity exist.

EC8CH
06-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Gravity comes from mass. I think the hard question you tried to ask was why/how does gravity exist.

The truly hard question would be, how/why does UN_ football exist.

aces1180
06-28-2019, 01:19 PM
The truly hard question would be, how/why does UN_ football exist.

So Bison fans have something to make fun of when bored?

Christopher Moen
06-28-2019, 03:51 PM

No, I asked the correct question. Mind blowing stuff, not simple.

EC8CH
06-28-2019, 05:51 PM
No, I asked the correct question. Mind blowing stuff, not simple.

The Higgs field.

Christopher Moen
06-28-2019, 06:05 PM
The Higgs field.

Particle interaction - interesting stuff.

Bisman
06-28-2019, 06:36 PM
Particle interaction - interesting stuff.

This thread has drifted pretty far but I will throw something in regarding gravity and particle interaction:

The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) is a partnership between Caltech, MIT, and the National Science Foundation. LIGO’s job is to detect small fluctuations in gravitational waves that are caused by stellar black holes colliding millions and billions of light years away.
Until recently, the idea that gravity waves even existed, let alone compress and stretch space-time like a Slinky was only theoretical. Why are gravitational waves important? Because they prove that the very space and time we live in is, in fact, flexible.
Scientists interested in interstellar travel theorize that a spacecraft that could produce gravitational waves could bend space-time until the craft reaches its destination. Since the spacecraft would not be traveling through space-time but bending it (think of a short cut though a traversible wormhole), time would not elapse and the craft would reach its destination much faster than traveling at the speed of light. (It also avoids the problem of the inertial mass of the spacecraft increasing as it approaches the speed of light). See video presentation of interstellar travel by Dr. Eric Davis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGYmowtelzA

The U.S. government has been teleporting objects such as electrons for over a decade. Yes, teleportation is real. In 2017 the Micius satellite confirmed successful teleportation of a quantum object from Earth to orbit. See below.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608252/first-object-teleported-from-earth-to-orbit/

Twincitybizon
06-28-2019, 07:08 PM
I'm Big Undie derp. Everything is trivial and below me derp. including wins in football derp

Christopher Moen
06-28-2019, 07:36 PM
This thread has drifted pretty far but I will throw something in regarding gravity and particle interaction:

The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO). A partnership between Caltech, MIT, and the National Science Foundation, LIGO’s job is to detect small fluctuations in gravitational waves that are caused by stellar black holes colliding millions and billions of light years away.
Until recently, the idea that gravity waves even existed, let alone compress and stretch space-time like a Slinky was only theoretical. Why are gravitational waves important? Because they prove that the very space and time we live in is, in fact, flexible, and sometimes very flexible (interstellar travel?).

The U.S. government has been teleporting objects such as electrons for over a decade. Yes, teleportation is real. Recently,the Micius satellite confirmed successful teleportation of a quantum object from Earth to orbit. See below.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608252/first-object-teleported-from-earth-to-orbit/

Teleporting a photon 500 KM is a tiny feat.

Vet70
06-28-2019, 08:22 PM

The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO). A partnership between Caltech, MIT, and the National Science Foundation, LIGO’s job is to detect small fluctuations in gravitational waves that are caused by stellar black holes colliding millions and billions of light years away.
Until recently, the idea that gravity waves even existed, let alone compress and stretch space-time like a Slinky was only theoretical. Why are gravitational waves important? Because they prove that the very space and time we live in is, in fact, flexible, and sometimes very flexible (interstellar travel?).

The U.S. government has been teleporting objects such as electrons for over a decade. Yes, teleportation is real. Recently,the Micius satellite confirmed successful teleportation of a quantum object from Earth to orbit. See below.

Disassembling and reassembling? No thanks. :smh:

thebigund
06-28-2019, 10:03 PM
Teleporting a photon 500 KM is a tiny feat.

KM? Not sure what that stands for, did you mean km?

EC8CH
06-28-2019, 10:11 PM

Show off, you only know the metric system so well because of all your recruits who's weight is measured in kilograms, eh?

Christopher Moen
06-28-2019, 10:31 PM

You're asking what KM stands for while claiming to know what km stands for? You might be too dumb to be mind-blown by science.

Vet70
06-28-2019, 10:50 PM
I didn't know Liberia and Myanmar had landed on the moon. Oh well.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/A1l2Qk-RS8L._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C71kWvbIbURL.png%7C0,0,2140 ,2000+648.0,529.0,809.0,971.0.png

HerdistheWord
06-28-2019, 10:52 PM
Someone needs to take this thread out back with a shotgun. Sorry Nick...

EC8CH
06-28-2019, 11:10 PM
Someone needs to take this thread out back with a shotgun. Sorry Nick...

Metric system thread drift FTMFW!

Tony Almeida
06-28-2019, 11:22 PM
Metric system thread drift FTMFW!Maybe science just isn't there game Barney. I know, let's have a spelling contest.

EC8CH
06-29-2019, 12:40 AM
Maybe science just isn't there game Barney. I know, let's have a spelling contest.

Well, this is Thunderstruck. You know, AC Fucking DC.

EC8CH
08-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Time to change the name of this thread to Miami Dolphin.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1157347204488728576?s=20

23Bison
08-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Good for him!

AKBison
08-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Good for him!

Yes! He should be fully healed from his Senior season now and back to full speed. Get it DeLuca!

Christopher Moen
08-02-2019, 06:40 PM

Listening to the Insiders the past few weeks, I thought I heard them talk about Nick playing for Detroit a couple of times.

Darn Mandela Effect!

natstar1
08-04-2019, 10:49 PM

naw combine it with his recruiting thread

HerdistheWord
08-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Deluca had an INT and sack in joint practices between the Dolphins and Bucs. Maybe he will earn more playing time next game. He was brand new to the team and only played at the end of the 4th Q last game.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-stock-report-wed-20190814-4qpeva4pknfz5judafei6f3sxq-story.html

Deluca made 3 of the 22 highlight plays last practice.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/22-highlights-day-two-in-tampa-joint-practice-buccaneers

HerdistheWord
08-15-2019, 07:41 PM
I never get tired of seeing #probison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/8BisonMaDukes/status/1161816845952913409

HerdistheWord
08-17-2019, 01:49 AM
Interesting tidbit here...Deluca got some plays in with the 1’s against the Bucs. Apparently 2 sacks and a pick six in practice earns you an upgrade. With the injuries to their LB corps, he may have a chance to stick.

Professor Chaos
08-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Dolphins ESPN beat write Cameron Wolfe projects Deluca to make the final 53 in Miami. https://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/29509/dolphins-53-man-roster-projection-includes-surprise-cuts-in-alonso-allen

He doesn't even list Deluca as the last LB on the roster and says he's "earned his reserve spot".

HerdBoy
08-31-2019, 05:31 PM
It appears Nick has been cut by the Dolphins.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/8/30/20838097/miami-dolphins-roster-cuts-updates-and-rumors-tracker-2019

BisManBison
08-31-2019, 08:01 PM
It appears Nick has been cut by the Dolphins.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/8/30/20838097/miami-dolphins-roster-cuts-updates-and-rumors-tracker-2019

Surprising and disappointing!

bruinbison
09-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Many different things going on with the Dolphins (trades, waiver claims, waiving a corresponding number of their previous players).
They have already signed one young LB to the practice squad, Christian Sam (6’ 2” 240), a 2018 6th round draft pick of the Patriots.

NDS_BIZONFAN55
09-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Any updates on DeLuca? Tre Watson (Christian's brother) was also cut from Phins, any updates if he signed either?

HerdistheWord
10-16-2019, 01:24 AM
DeLuca was drafted by the New York Guardians (XFL)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1184211235132379139

HerdBot
10-16-2019, 02:35 AM
DeLuca was drafted by the New York Guardians (XFL)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1184211235132379139

I hope he considers not accepting. That league will be gone within a year and could it help his chances?

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2019, 01:16 PM
I hope he considers not accepting. That league will be gone within a year and could it help his chances?

I disagree with that. Even if it is gone quickly, it is a chance to put stuff on tape. If he excels and does well, he'll get a camp invite.

scottietohottie
10-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Does he get to put whatever he wants on the back of his Jersey?

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Does he get to put whatever he wants on the back of his Jersey?

Hoping he'll go for "Stig Hate Me"

JMB
10-16-2019, 01:38 PM

His football playing clock has almost struck midnight at this point. Try to put some stuff on tape or at the very least, get paid to play a game you love.

56BISON73
10-16-2019, 09:38 PM

So he gets to play for one more year and work on his craft. Whats the matter with that? Nothing

Herd
10-18-2019, 03:30 AM
Hoping he'll go for "Stig Hate Me"

That’s some funny shit! Nice work

HerdistheWord
01-27-2020, 11:28 PM
Nick Deluca made the final roster for the New York Guardians of the XFL.

23Bison
01-27-2020, 11:30 PM
Good to hear! I really hope he gets the opportunity to show so he can get back to the NFL.

HerdistheWord
01-31-2020, 06:52 PM
An interesting note on the XFL. They will have what is called a “Team Nine.” It is basically a team of free agents that trains and works out together. Ideally, the other 8 teams will pick up free agents from this Team 9. We could see more NDSU or FCS guys show up on Team 9. If they get paid a small sum, then that is kind of a cool FA idea. If not, then it is still a good way to stay in shape, I guess...

El_Chapo
02-07-2020, 08:00 PM
Nick is starting.

Foxtv kvrr 1pm sunday

HerdistheWord
02-09-2020, 03:16 AM
Nick is starting.

Foxtv kvrr 1pm sunday

Depth chart lists him as 2nd string.

VirginiaBison
02-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Roster has him at SLB wearing #49 (https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/new-york/new-york-guardians-depth-chart)

Jay
02-09-2020, 05:15 PM
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/xflguardians/status/1226567745581481986?s=21

ndsubison1
02-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Matt McGloin about to tear it up

HerdistheWord
02-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/xflguardians/status/1226567745581481986?s=21

Well that sucks. What the heck!

El_Chapo
02-10-2020, 12:32 AM
Well that sucks. What the heck!

no shit. I swear i read he was the Starting ILB !

unbison
02-10-2020, 01:06 AM
no shit. I swear i read he was the Starting ILB !

Well I guess that your reading comprehension and your listening skills match

heffray
02-15-2020, 06:14 PM
Guardians on ABC right now. Anyone know if DeLuca dressed today?

HerdistheWord
02-15-2020, 06:15 PM
I cannot tell if DeLuca is inactive, but Dooley (#1 SLB) just limped off the field with what looked like an ankle injury...

HerdistheWord
02-15-2020, 06:17 PM
Guardians on ABC right now. Anyone know if DeLuca dressed today?

I just found it. DeLuca is not listed as inactive, so with the Dooley injury, we may see him play.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XFLGuardians/status/1228736635518509062

HerdistheWord
02-15-2020, 07:19 PM
Deluca just got four snaps in a row. They used him exclusively as a pass rusher on the edge.

heffray
02-15-2020, 07:25 PM
Deluca just got four snaps in a row. They used him exclusively as a pass rusher on the edge.

NICE job Nick!

Bisonator98
02-16-2020, 01:32 AM
How did Nick do? Any sacks or big plays?

Christopher Moen
02-16-2020, 01:52 AM

I couldn’t find any stats recorded for him on the XFL site.

heffray
02-16-2020, 01:52 AM

I’ve been too lazy to check, but I would assume the ESPN app has stats on XFL games...

HerdistheWord
02-16-2020, 01:56 AM

Not really, they pretty much just had him rush off the edge. It looked like he had one pressure, but honestly nobody was really doing too much on the Guardians. I am not sure rushing from the edge 4 plays in a row is Nick’s specialty. The whole team looked flat and out of sync. I saw him in for about 8-10 snaps, but I could have missed some. He did not play much. It was basically 2-3 sets of downs.

Bisonator98
02-16-2020, 01:59 AM
Not really, they pretty much just had him rush off the edge. It looked like he had one pressure, but honestly nobody was really doing too much on the Guardians. I am not sure rushing from the edge 4 plays in a row is Nick’s specialty. The while team looked flat and out of sync. I saw him in for about 8-10 snaps, but I could have missed some. He did not play much. It was basically 2-3 sets of downs.

Thanks. Hopefully he gets to play more and make an impact to get another NFL shot.

HerdistheWord
02-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Dooley is inactive today for the Guardians, which means Deluca is likely to see more playing time. Game is on ESPN right now. Our boy is #49.

HerdistheWord
02-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Nick not really seeing much action. NY is just terrible. And I think it starts with the coaches. The offense looks like garbage and for some reason, they don’t want to play LB’s vs a run heavy team. It looks like they prefer DB’s for run support....

Christopher Moen
02-23-2020, 08:52 PM
Nick not really seeing much action. NY is just terrible. And I think it starts with the coaches. The offense looks like garbage and for some reason, they don’t want to play LB’s vs a run heavy team. It looks like they prefer DB’s for run support....

I’ve only seen him on Special Teams and maybe a third down.

As far as the NY team goes, they’re terribly undisciplined.

VirginiaBison
02-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Appeared DeLuca came across from left side and made the tackle on the kick off.

heffray
03-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Guardians playing right now. Watched one D series and didn’t see #49.

HerdistheWord
03-07-2020, 10:04 PM
Guardians playing right now. Watched one D series and didn’t see #49.

Don’t waste your time. Nick doesn’t really sniff the field.

StL Bison Fan
03-08-2020, 11:56 PM
Don’t waste your time. Nick doesn’t really sniff the field.

I haven't seen him play.
I watch because I like to see how long the beer snake will get.
And StL finally has a fun team to watch.

HerdistheWord
03-09-2020, 12:30 AM
I haven't seen him play.

He got in for a couple of series in the first game after the first stringer got hurt, but since then he has not seen the field during regular downs. He has maybe seen the field on special teams, but I haven't noticed. I actually like the XFL, but I wish I had a few more NDSU guys to root for. It sucks that DeLuca can’t get on the field...

tony
03-09-2020, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen him play.

Shh. Or Phoenix will hear you.

StL Bison Fan
03-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Shh. Or Phoenix will hear you.

I think they learned their lesson. Bidwell wants everyone else to spend money for him

El_Chapo
10-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Nick Deluca officially Retires:

https://twitter.com/N_DeLuca49/status/1320829945363529728?s=20

heffray
10-26-2020, 09:27 PM

That's too bad. He was never the same after that shoulder injury.

HandoEX
10-26-2020, 09:48 PM

Good luck to him, he was a beast on the field.

El_Chapo
10-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Good luck to him, he was a beast on the field.

Loved watching him.

HerdBot
10-27-2020, 01:35 AM
Not too bad though. He is 25 year old, he has a degree with no student loans, played an NFL season, played in the XFL and earned $388,750 in his 1 year in Jacksonville. Not a bad start at life.

As a bonus he can tell his grand kids someday he got an NFL sack and a forced fumble. No many people can say that

Bisman
08-04-2022, 08:35 PM
Eric Peterson tweeted that Nick Deluca is interning on the NDSU strength training staff.

bajadanny
08-04-2022, 10:57 PM
Hell yea get him on board

THEsocalledfan
08-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Kramer is getting up there in age, too. I could see Nick as a serious possible stepping stone for Nick to the job.

bajadanny
08-05-2022, 10:16 PM
Then get Easton Stick as AD when he is done playing

southcliffbison
08-05-2022, 11:07 PM
Then get Easton Stick as AD when he is done playing

I would be happy having ES as the quarterback coach when Hedberg retires.

HerdBot
08-06-2022, 05:18 AM
So glad to see Nick back! This is also a testament to just how awesome our culture is. Family isn't just some empty slogan. Plus our community is an awesome place