PDA

View Full Version : Moved from VS thread

NDSUBowler
12-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Looks like his brother is transferring out of Illinois (lead team in tackles in 2016 in Big Ten play) for his senior year and NDSU is seemingly a top target?

Seems like that could be a good get for 1 year to build some LB depth.

On top of that, seems like a good kid too...academic all-big ten in 2015/16 and voted team captain first 4 games of 2017.

tjbison
12-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Looks like his brother is transferring out of Illinois (lead team in tackles in 2016 in Big Ten play) for his senior year and NDSU is seemingly a top target?

Seems like that could be a good get for 1 year to build some LB depth.

On top of that, seems like a good kid too...academic all-big ten in 2015/16 and voted team captain first 4 games of 2017.

He graduated can go anywhere, think South Florida is in the mix as well

NDSUBowler
12-04-2017, 01:43 PM
He graduated can go anywhere, think South Florida is in the mix as well

Thanks, I thought I heard graduated on Twitter, but the Illinois page says transferring, so I just rolled with that.

KNOW IT ALL
12-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Don't need one year transfers like -ND, prefer to play the guys that commit to the Bison as Freshman and work their ass off to someday become a starter. Need not replace commitment to a program and hard work with a ONE-YEAR-WONDER. Who's is doing who a favor really? Besides, that's why a lot of kids commit to NDSU is because they don't sell off your position when you get to your junior and senior years.

wagsabison
12-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Don't need one year transfers like -ND, prefer to play the guys that commit to the Bison as Freshman and work their ass off to someday become a starter. Need not replace commitment to a program and hard work with a ONE-YEAR-WONDER. Who's is doing who a favor really? Besides, that's why a lot of kids commit to NDSU is because they don't sell off your position when you get to your junior and senior years.

Worked alright when Andre Martin came here from Northern Iowa. Plus this guy is someone who graduated from his current school and is looking at a graduate degree we offer. If he fits what we want in a player and can add depth to our current roster, why not take him?

EC8CH
12-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Building your program off of transfer students isn't good, but selectively offering the right type of transfer students is.

Professor Chaos
12-05-2017, 07:39 PM
No one is entitled to playing time at NDSU. That includes one year graduate transfers or guys who have been in the program for 4 or 5 years and I'm sure they all know and understand that. If this guy comes here next year and is better than the guys who are waiting in the wings behind the LBs the Bison are losing this year (which is Deluca, Board, and Plank) he should play. If he's not he won't and they'll use his scholarship on a 2019 recruit. Whoever ends up out on that field will have earned it regardless.

Worked alright when Andre Martin came here from Northern Iowa. Plus this guy is someone who graduated from his current school and is looking at a graduate degree we offer. If he fits what we want in a player and can add depth to our current roster, why not take him?
Yep, and with Pulvermacher's decommit there's a scholarship opportunity opened up at LB. On top of that next year there will be a total of 3 upperclassmen at LB; Marlette and Jordheim who will be seniors and Mercadel who will be a Junior.

EC8CH
12-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Yep, and with Pulvermacher's decommit there's a scholarship opportunity opened up at LB. On top of that next year there will be a total of 3 upperclassmen at LB; Marlette and Jordheim who will be seniors and Mercadel who will be a Junior.

And Cox is firmly in the lineup. A transfer at LB would be nice to add some depth next year.

56BISON73
12-05-2017, 08:36 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

Mr Meaty
12-05-2017, 08:48 PM

Remove all this from Christian Watson thread. You are talking about his brother. I for one think if his brother can help us even for one year that will help. Marlette is coming back from a bad knee injury and no clue how that will turn out. Jordhiem has also been dinged up. If anything in 2017 has taught is that it is great to have depth at LB.

NachZ
12-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Wow, does your moniker sure back up this fantastically ignorant post :facepalm:

KNOW IT ALL
12-05-2017, 09:25 PM
:facepal
Wow, does your moniker sure back up this fantastically ignorant post :facepalm:

Hey, have a guy come in for ONE year and take positions away? Let them come in as a sophomore and earn a two or three year starting position. Walk in as a senior and step to the front of the line? Ask the Red shirt freshman, soph, juniors and seniors how they feel about it. I bet its not as Rah! Rah! as the fan sitting in the seats eating hotdogs. Preach loyalty on one front and shit in a guys hand on the other. Some of us are wired different when it comes to loyalty I guess. :facepalm: And yes, I do Know It All.

MAKBison
12-05-2017, 09:29 PM
And Cox is firmly in the lineup. A transfer at LB would be nice to add some depth next year.

PLus u never know how many will go down

89MTBISON
12-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Hey, have a guy come in for ONE year and take positions away? Let them come in as a sophomore and earn a two or three year starting position. Walk in as a senior and step to the front of the line? Ask the Red shirt freshman, soph, juniors and seniors how they feel about it. I bet its not as Rah! Rah! as the fan sitting in the seats eating hotdogs. Preach loyalty on one front and shit in a guys hand on the other. Some of us are wired different when it comes to loyalty I guess. :facepalm: And yes, I do Know It All.

So are you opposed to Jabril Cox cutting to the head of the line? He is only a redshirt freshman, he should wait his turn. Or how about Jeremy Kelly, he headed to Air Force first, dropped down to Crookston, then up to NDSU, iirc. Good thing about post high school sports, they are largely free from your kind of thinking. I would wager the DB's were happy to see Andre Martin show up for one year.

MAKBison
12-05-2017, 09:37 PM
So are you opposed to Jabril Cox cutting to the head of the line? He is only a redshirt freshman, he should wait his turn. Or how about Jeremy Kelly, he headed to Air Force first, dropped down to Crookston, then up to NDSU, iirc. Good thing about post high school sports, they are largely free from your kind of thinking. I would wager the DB's were happy to see Andre Martin show up for one year.

don't know about them, But I was ...Andre Martin

KNOW IT ALL
12-05-2017, 09:44 PM

WTF are you talking about? Jabril Cox started with this program day one, he didn't walk in his senior year and step in front of anybody. I simply support loyalty, come in here with a couple years of eligibility and earn a spot and Im all for it. Show up your last year of eligibility and take away a guys job, not me! I guess Im old school, take care of those who take care of you. You are aware that your use of Jabril Cox as an example wasn't very bright, agreed? red shirt freshman, day one player! :facepalm2:

89MTBISON
12-05-2017, 09:48 PM
WTF are you talking about? Jabril Cox started with this program day one, he didn't walk in his senior year and step in front of anybody. I simply support loyalty, come in here with a couple years of eligibility and earn a spot and Im all for it. Show up your last year of eligibility and take away a guys job, not me! I guess Im old school, take care of those who take care of you. You are aware that your use of Jabril Cox as an example wasn't very bright, agreed? red shirt freshman, day one player! :facepalm2:

You have a head start on getting yourself banned here buddy, keep it up.

Bison 4 Life
12-05-2017, 10:01 PM

Holy shit are your takes bad today.

Scooter1
12-05-2017, 10:29 PM
I will say this...

Some of my most cherished memories involve playing football with my older brothers. This would be something that Christian would remember forever if he were to come to NDSU.

That would be awesome for one of NDSUs current athletes.

EC8CH
12-05-2017, 10:30 PM

I feel like Christian Watson doesn't deserve this crap in his verbal thread.

MAKBison
12-05-2017, 10:41 PM

step in front of? not sure what that means. i am pretty sure u earn playing time based on performance. also, i think ck gets paid to make decisions not rubes in a discussion thread.

maybe its how your saying it, but your not comming off as old school.

Mr Meaty
12-05-2017, 11:01 PM

What about King Frazier, Desmond Cain did you have a problem with them? You seriously have no clue do you.

ndsubison1
12-05-2017, 11:31 PM

In most cases Id prolly agree. This seems like a good one and would likely help us

Bison20
12-06-2017, 12:11 AM

If you didn't realize it this year you just don't get it. Look at all the injuries we have had you can never have to much depth. One of the reasons our specials teams have been so good to. Plus it's nice to rotate guys to keep them fresh. We rarely take transfers so be happy, there are plenty who only rely on them. Plus he would get a chance to spend his last year playing with his brother.

Tony Almeida
12-06-2017, 12:56 AM
You have a head start on getting yourself banned here buddy, keep it up.Not taking sides but why?

Christopher Moen
12-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Not taking sides but why?

He's typing LOUDLY?

89MTBISON
12-06-2017, 01:14 AM
Not taking sides but why?
Is it possible to get a HC job even if your to stupid to breath without a medical device
This is his quote from the Kleiman a possible candidate for MN job thread. What type of individual makes that kind of statement?

El_Chapo
12-06-2017, 03:13 AM
NDSU should be ALL IN on mr watson.. He would start MLB day 1 when he arrives and probably be a high NFL draft pick.

cmon over mr watson!!

NachZ
12-06-2017, 01:29 PM

You say TAKE positions away like he wouldn't have to EARN it like everybody else. Bison football has a responsibility to themselves to put the best product on the field they can, week in and week out. With that being said, I am typically more a fan of bringing kids in as freshmen and molding them into the type of players that produce in our schemes. With LB being stretched thin after this season, would it really tear your loyalty sweater to threads having the co-leader in the big ten in tackles come in and potentially raise the level of competition at that spot and the level of play around him?

56BISON73
12-07-2017, 12:32 AM

Youre wired differently alright. For some reason you think the tripe you post is fact. All you are spewing is uninformed opinion. You need to change youre name to --doesnt know squat---as you dont have a clue what goes on with JC transfers and grad transfers.