PDA

View Full Version : Delaware

ndsubison1
02-03-2018, 03:52 AM
I realize this isn't the first game next year, but get your popcorn ready. They bring back a lot and should be on the rise. I'm also bored.

Professor Chaos
02-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I've heard several references to how NDSU has 3 cupcakes on the OOC schedule next year and I think they're selling Delaware short. They should be a top 25 team to start the season next fall. Their defense is legit. Danny Rocco is a good coach that almost took them to the playoffs in his first season after they hadn't been anywhere close to the playoffs the previous few seasons. He'll have them ready to do even better next year. They could be in the top 3 in the CAA with JMU and UNH.

That said NDSU still wins by 20+ because Delaware's offense won't be able to score.

gumby013
02-03-2018, 02:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK_FiRm6ZK8

Portlandbison
02-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I've heard several references to how NDSU has 3 cupcakes on the OOC schedule next year and I think they're selling Delaware short. They should be a top 25 team to start the season next fall.

Problem is there is a significant gap between #1 in the polls vs #5 let alone #1 vs #20-25

Gully
02-03-2018, 04:21 PM
I don't expect to lose to Delaware, but they are no cupcake. It will be competitive, but I suspect NDSU pulls away because I just don't think Delaware will be able to hold the ball and their defense will wear down over the game.

ZHerd
02-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I've heard several references to how NDSU has 3 cupcakes on the OOC schedule next year and I think they're selling Delaware short. They should be a top 25 team to start the season next fall. Their defense is legit. Danny Rocco is a good coach that almost took them to the playoffs in his first season after they hadn't been anywhere close to the playoffs the previous few seasons. He'll have them ready to do even better next year. They could be in the top 3 in the CAA with JMU and UNH.

That said NDSU still wins by 20+ because Delaware's offense won't be able to score.

Delaware isn’t a cupcake. They will probably be tougher than many of the MVC teams

semobison
02-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Delaware isn’t a cupcake. They will probably be tougher than many of the MVC teams

Yep, they play tough defense, gave up 16 ppg last year. They struggled offensively though scoring 22ppg. Lost to JMU 20-10 after leading for most of the first half.

JohnnyExtacy
02-03-2018, 06:01 PM
C'mon you guys know better. NDSU doesn't seem to even have close games like these at home. I would put money down they are up 28+ at half and coast the entire 2nd half.

No_Skill
02-03-2018, 06:38 PM
C'mon you guys know better. NDSU doesn't seem to even have close games like these at home. I would put money down they are up 28+ at half and coast the entire 2nd half.

That's what I thought about EWU last year.

EndZoneQB
02-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Charleston Southern??

semobison
02-03-2018, 08:44 PM

Only one team scored over 28 on the Hens last year. They slow the game down, led the CAA in TOP last year. They had a good run game but had no passing game. I don't think they can come in and win but I see a low scoring affair...take the under if it's over 40.

ByeSonBusiness
02-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Only one team scored over 28 on the Hens last year. They slow the game down, led the CAA in TOP last year. They had a good run game but had no passing game. I don't think they can come in and win but I see a low scoring affair...take the under if it's over 40.

I'd take the over. If you can't move the ball on NDSU, you eventually get worn down throughout the game. I'd expect like a 35-20ish type game.

Olton Hall
02-05-2018, 02:54 AM
Delaware hasn't been playing very well these past few years. Many thought they were going to be much better this past season. I will have to rely on UD to get tickets to the game though since the chance of getting them though NDSU in August is cutting it a bit too close for travel arraignments.

ndsubison1
02-05-2018, 03:09 AM
Delaware hasn't been playing very well these past few years. Many thought they were going to be much better this past season. I will have to rely on UD to get tickets to the game though since the chance of getting them though NDSU in August is cutting it a bit too close for travel arraignments.

They had an argument to be in the playoffs this past season

bisonaudit
02-05-2018, 04:16 AM
They had an argument to be in the playoffs this past season

Better than New Hampshire.

gumby013
02-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Better than New Hampshire.

Audit, are you able to outline the benefits of incorporating in Delaware for us?

bisonaudit
02-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Audit, are you able to outline the benefits of incorporating in Delaware for us?

They’ve been the premier state to incorporate in since they started actively updating their corporate statues in the 1800’s to lure businesses away from New York. Their usury and interest rate laws are beneficial to financial institutions and other companies as well. But mostly it’s because their Chancery Court which hears cases contested between two entities incorporated in the state has a long and stable history that corporate lawyers can rely on. Incorporating their eliminates mitigates uncertainties.

bruinbison
02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Top 10 Way-Too-Early Favorites to Win the 2018 FCS Title - HERO Sports
(Sam Herder)

NDSU #1, JMU #2, Kennesaw State #3, Weber State #4, Youngstown State #5

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-top-10-way-too-early-favorites-win-2018-fcs-title-bzbz

6. DELAWARE

Record: 7-4 (missed the playoffs)

The Blue Hens are ready to explode onto the national scene after Danny Rocco improved their record from 4-7 to 7-4 in his first season as head coach. And they certainly feel snubbed from the playoffs. Delaware was No. 10 in the FCS by allowing 16.8 points per game. The top three tacklers from that unit are all back.

Offensively, the Blue Hens will need to make strides after averaging a pedestrian 21.2 points per game. J.P. Caruso started the last six games at quarterback as a junior and went 4-2. He’ll need to find some explosive options on the outside to go along with returning top rusher Kani Kane.

semobison
02-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Top 10 Way-Too-Early Favorites to Win the 2018 FCS Title - HERO Sports
(Sam Herder)

NDSU #1, JMU #2, Kennesaw State #3, Weber State #4, Youngstown State #5

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-top-10-way-too-early-favorites-win-2018-fcs-title-bzbz

Does this Sam Herder guy cover the Big Sky. Three teams on the list of 10? Montana at 10 and EWU at 7...only two Valley teams, but Youngstown??

KNOW IT ALL
02-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Only two questions for next years team: 1: Do the Bison lose one mid-season wake up call game? 2. Who wins the FCS title game, NDSU or JMU. ?

Christopher Moen
02-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Only two questions for next years team: 1: Do the Bison lose one mid-season wake up call game? 2. Who wins the FCS title game, NDSU or JMU. ?

JMU won't make it past the QF next year. Expect a new team in Frisco to challenge the Bison. My early prediction - Kennesaw State.

mtoutfitter
02-05-2018, 04:27 PM
JMU won't make it past the QF next year. Expect a new team in Frisco to challenge the Bison. My early prediction - Kennesaw State.

That's a bold statement Cotton!

BisManBison
02-05-2018, 04:31 PM
That's a bold statement Cotton!

Not really. Their offense struggled this year, a lot of turnover on the defense, and throw in a new QB and an early playoff exit wouldn't surprise me.

ByeSonBusiness
02-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Does this Sam Herder guy cover the Big Sky. Three teams on the list of 10? Montana at 10 and EWU at 7...only two Valley teams, but Youngstown??

He's an ndsu guy

Mr Meaty
02-05-2018, 05:48 PM
The Philly Eagles movie Invincible based on the story of Vince Papale. His son Vinny will be a senior for Delaware Football. 6'1" 210 lbs WR #13.

KNOW IT ALL
02-05-2018, 05:57 PM

JMU has a lot of player acquisition opportunity around their area for recruiting and player transfer. That coach has built one heck of a program over the past couple years and Im betting he comes back strong next year. I could vision NDSU and JMU playing in the next couple title games regardless of what players come and go for either squad. Two elite programs at the FCS level right now.

Christopher Moen
02-05-2018, 06:01 PM
JMU has a lot of player acquisition opportunity around their area for recruiting and player transfer. That coach has built one heck of a program over the past couple years and Im betting he comes back strong next year. I could vision NDSU and JMU playing in the next couple title games regardless of what players come and go for either squad. Two elite programs at the FCS level right now.

No, just one program is elite. The other caught a spark at the right time (Houston's rhetoric will wear thin shortly). In regards to "lot of player acquisition opportunity around their area," that holds true for many FCS programs in the South.

KNOW IT ALL
02-05-2018, 06:03 PM
The Philly Eagles movie Invincible based on the story of Vince Papale. His son Vinny will be a senior for Delaware Football. 6'1" 210 lbs WR #13.

Rumor has it that he was back in Philly last night burning and looting the inner city. You Know "CELEBRATING"!!!!!

oldmantutters
02-05-2018, 06:04 PM
JMU has a lot of player acquisition opportunity around their area for recruiting and player transfer. That coach has built one heck of a program over the past couple years and Im betting he comes back strong next year. I could vision NDSU and JMU playing in the next couple title games regardless of what players come and go for either squad. Two elite programs at the FCS level right now.They've also only recently come back to the national scene. I'm with CM on this. Would I be surprised if they made it to the 'ship again? No. Would I be surprised if they slip with losing all of the players they've lost over the past 2 seasons? Definitely not. I'm in the camp that is going to need to see what their next group of players is able to do before I start writing them into the national championship every year.

I think EWU could make some strides next year, they were a different team at the end of the year than the team the Bison beat in the beginning.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
02-05-2018, 09:48 PM
This game won't be close, at least 2 TDs. The only way for a CAA team to compete against us is loads of transfers, and even that hasn't helped much. Order was restored to the FCS this year.

NDSU1980
02-05-2018, 10:12 PM

"Player acquisition opportunity"-Translation: "FBS washouts". Hit and miss at best. Doubt JMU has another deep playoff run left in them.

TAILG8R
02-06-2018, 01:30 AM
"Player acquisition opportunity"-Translation: "FBS washouts". Hit and miss at best. Doubt JMU has another deep playoff run left in them.

One thing left to be seen is if Houston can get the same level athletes in as the previous coach, transfer or frosh. He has been winning with someone else's talent.

EC8CH
02-06-2018, 03:10 AM
One thing left to be seen is if Houston can get the same level athletes in as the previous coach, transfer or frosh. He has been winning with someone else's talent.

He did well at his previous gig at the Citadel. Houston and his coaching staff seem top level FCS to me.

gumby013
02-06-2018, 03:24 AM
He did well at his previous gig at the Citadel. Houston and his coaching staff seem top level FCS to me.

He was only at the Citadel for two years.

ZHerd
02-06-2018, 03:26 AM
JMU loses talent but those guys were coached into playing some excellent football. My guess is that they reload, maybe look ho hum early on but are a top tier team by playoff time with names in all American discussion that no one knows right now

EC8CH
02-06-2018, 05:07 AM
He was only at the Citadel for two years.

Maybe he's skipping along reaping the fruits of others recruiting, but he has a nack for for getting the most from his players wherever he's at.

unbison
02-06-2018, 11:11 AM

You sure are a bitch... I mean a whiney one....Does anything positive ever come out of your western North Dakota hate everything mantra you know and West nodak truly are 2 of the most depressing people that post on here and it ain’t even close

wagsabison
02-06-2018, 12:34 PM

He did a pretty damn good job coaching someone else's talent. I don't think recruiting players to JMU will be a problem.

semobison
02-06-2018, 01:06 PM
He did a pretty damn good job coaching someone else's talent. I don't think recruiting players to JMU will be a problem.

Yep, Houston has been a successful head coach! He took Lenoir-Rhyne to the DII title game in his 3rd year as a head coach before he went to The Citadel. 7 years as a head coach, 6 conference titles, 3 National Championship games and a title. Pretty impressive anywhere except Bisonville!

KNOW IT ALL
02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Keep in mind that NDSU is the only school in America that does things right.

Best Regards,

Homer Simpson

Christopher Moen
02-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Keep in mind that NDSU is the only school in America that does things right.

Best Regards,

Homer Simpson

Do you type in caps because you have a man-crush on a certain Mr. Houston?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVwjWvQcpM

Again, his rhetoric rants will get old quick with players, especially ones who are smart enough to realize he's just blowing hot air out of his arse.

KNOW IT ALL
02-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Hey, Im a huge Bison fan, but I can view other programs, teams, players and EVEN DARE I SAY "COACHES" in a positive light if I fee they so deserve credit. Ive got you pegged, your the guy that hollars "Mashed Potatoes" at all the fkn golf events. Right HOMER?

semobison
02-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Do you type in caps because you have a man-crush on a certain Mr. Houston?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVwjWvQcpM

Again, his rhetoric rants will get old quick with players, especially ones who are smart enough to realize he's just blowing hot air out of his arse.

What gets me is you judge his coaching ability off a couple of pregame speech videos! You don't know jack about Houston and either do I except that he has been successful. There are a lot of different ways coaches motivate and what he has been doing has been working for him so far. His record speaks for itself.

KNOW IT ALL
02-06-2018, 06:24 PM
WE---ARE---THE ----BISON, WE---ARE---THE ONLY---TEAM---THAT---CAN---DO---ANYTHING----RIGHTTTTT, WE RESPECT NOBODY AND WHAT THEY DO OR ACHIEVE!!!!!!! NICK SABAN WILL BE OUR NEXT COACH, IF WE SHOULD CHOOSE TO ALLOW HIM IN OUR PROGRAM. :facepalm: GO HOMER GO! Lets also not forget, Mr. Houston wasn't handed a National Championship team either. Oh god, did I really say that?

Christopher Moen
02-06-2018, 07:11 PM
WE---ARE---THE ----BISON, WE---ARE---THE ONLY---TEAM---THAT---CAN---DO---ANYTHING----RIGHTTTTT, WE RESPECT NOBODY AND WHAT THEY DO OR ACHIEVE!!!!!!! NICK SABAN WILL BE OUR NEXT COACH, IF WE SHOULD CHOOSE TO ALLOW HIM IN OUR PROGRAM. :facepalm: GO HOMER GO! Lets also not forget, Mr. Houston wasn't handed a National Championship team either. Oh god, did I really say that?

How many keyboards do you go through per week?

https://i.giphy.com/media/RRerwvHrb0nxm/200.gif

I suggest letting Dr. Jekyll do your typing and not Mr. Hyde.

Christopher Moen
02-06-2018, 07:11 PM
What gets me is you judge his coaching ability off a couple of pregame speech videos! You don't know jack about Houston and either do I except that he has been successful. There are a lot of different ways coaches motivate and what he has been doing has been working for him so far. His record speaks for itself.

Coaches with his M.O. come and go like a thunderstorm.

unbison
02-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Coaches with his M.O. come and go like a thunderstorm.

Would seem he and Houston have similar mantra so is saban a short timer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
02-06-2018, 08:23 PM
You sure are a bitch... I mean a whiney one....Does anything positive ever come out of your western North Dakota hate everything mantra you know and West nodak truly are 2 of the most depressing people that post on here and it ain’t even close

I don't even live in western ND, so there goes that idea

bisonmike2
02-06-2018, 08:30 PM

I don't care for his pre-game rah-rah speeches but he did say that when he first started at JMU he told the players he needed to build a team like NDSU so the guy must be kinda smart. And he just wins games so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's a good coach.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Would seem he and Houston have similar mantra so is saban a short timer?

Saban's "mantra" is much more closer to Klieman's than Houston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUIFUXF_yY

There's a lot more to successful coaching than just "coaching them up." You have to develop them and get them to believe in the process of what it takes to get to the top of the mountain and staying there.

unbison
02-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Saban's "mantra" is much more closer to Klieman's than Houston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUIFUXF_yY

There's a lot more to successful coaching than just "coaching them up." You have to develop them and get them to believe in the process of what it takes to get to the top of the mountain and staying there.

You simply do not have enough knowledge of coach Houston to have a actual informed opinion You sound like lakes

oldmantutters
02-07-2018, 12:00 PM
You simply do not have enough knowledge of coach Houston to have a actual informed opinion You sound like lakesI know that your buddy Houston likes to talk like he "built" the program at JMU. The fact is he's just about to finish up his 2nd full recruiting class plus the one that he joined in the middle of. It isn't ridiculous to wait to see if there is a bit of a fall off with what they lost after this past season.

wagsabison
02-07-2018, 12:41 PM
I know that your buddy Houston likes to talk like he "built" the program at JMU. The fact is he's just about to finish up his 2nd full recruiting class plus the one that he joined in the middle of. It isn't ridiculous to wait to see if there is a bit of a fall off with what they lost after this past season.

You don't win everywhere you've been without some coaching talent. I don't get the hate for Houston just for a couple pregame speeches where he gets fired up.

Here's an article prior to the Semi's a year ago

"In essence, we've built this team to try to go in and win this game," said Houston. http://www.westfargopioneer.com/sports/4180850-first-year-coach-houston-has-built-jmu-program-date-ndsu

If you read the article it's more about how since his staff got there on day 1 they've made things much tougher than they had been and changed the culture there a bit.

I think the whole "built" comment is interpreted different ways.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
You simply do not have enough knowledge of coach Houston to have a actual informed opinion You sound like lakes

You simply have no idea what I know to decipher whether someone is a fraud or legit.

Houston is no Klieman, let alone Saban.

Gully
02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
They’ve been the premier state to incorporate in since they started actively updating their corporate statues in the 1800’s to lure businesses away from New York. Their usury and interest rate laws are beneficial to financial institutions and other companies as well. But mostly it’s because their Chancery Court which hears cases contested between two entities incorporated in the state has a long and stable history that corporate lawyers can rely on. Incorporating their eliminates mitigates uncertainties.

Complete and total thread drift here but would you care to comment on the benefits of Wyoming LLCs? As I understand there are asset protection and secrecy benefits but not necessarily tax benefits.

semobison
02-07-2018, 02:21 PM
You simply have no idea what I know to decipher whether someone is a fraud or legit.

Houston is no Klieman, let alone Saban.

Fill us in....Please! I want specifics. If you have something besides a pregame speech video. What do you know?

bisonaudit
02-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Complete and total thread drift here but would you care to comment on the benefits of Wyoming LLCs? As I understand there are asset protection and secrecy benefits but not necessarily tax benefits.

I know nothing about Wyoming corporate law.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Fill us in....Please! I want specifics. If you have something besides a pregame speech video. What do you know?

Dealing with coaches is a big part of my job. With lots of experience, it’s pretty easy to see who is legit and who is full of crapola.

In a few years, when Houston is at his next job, you’ll see a clearer picture of what he’s about.

semobison
02-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Dealing with coaches is a big part of my job. With lots of experience, it’s pretty easy to see who is legit and who is full of crapola.

In a few years, when Houston is at his next job, you’ll see a clearer picture of what he’s about

So, when did you talk to Houston and what did he say to help you formulate your opinion. Or maybe you talked to some of his former players or assistant coaches..I've been around message boards long enough to tell if a poster is legit or just full of crapola!

ByeSonBusiness
02-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Curious how someone can rag on the JMU guy. He's been successful at multiple schools.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Curious how someone can rag on the JMU guy. He's been successful at multiple schools.Did you ever consider the source?

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 04:24 PM
So, when did you talk to Houston and what did he say to help you formulate your opinion. Or maybe you talked to some of his former players or assistant coaches..I've been around message boards long enough to tell if a poster is legit or just full of crapola!

Again, in a few years, when Houston is at his next job, you’ll see a clearer picture of what he’s about.

ByeSonBusiness
02-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Again, in a few years, when Houston is at his next job, you’ll see a clearer picture of what he’s about.

Kicking ass and taking names?

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Kicking ass and taking names?

Um, he's lost more Championship games than he has won.

For a guy who is convinced Carson Wentz is "meh" as a QB, your judgment of people of people can't be taken seriously.

semobison
02-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Again, you came to this conclusion from a 30 second video?? Thats amazing!

semobison
02-07-2018, 06:45 PM

For a guy who is convinced Carson Wentz is "meh" as a QB, your judgment of people of people can't be taken seriously.

Your hero John Elway lost more Super Bowls than he won....not a very good QB....see how bias your opinions are yet?

ZHerd
02-07-2018, 07:27 PM
JMU plays great football and nasty defense and I don’t think it’s purely a matter of great talent. I don’t know much about Houston but someone or someone’s on that staff knows how to coach football so regardless of how good of a coach he is then at least kudo on bringing in some really good assistants or coordinators. I wouldn’t trade our coaches for anyone though

EC8CH
02-07-2018, 07:41 PM
JMU plays great football and nasty defense and I don’t think it’s purely a matter of great talent. I don’t know much about Houston but someone or someone’s on that staff knows how to coach football so regardless of how good of a coach he is then at least kudo on bringing in some really good assistants or coordinators. I wouldn’t trade our coaches for anyone though

Their D coordinator Bob Trott has some impressive experience at the FBS and NFL level and is held in high regard by their fanbase. That along with Houston making defense the #1 priority I'm sure has a big impact on the quality of football played by JMU.

KNOW IT ALL
02-07-2018, 07:44 PM

Ok, now we get the real story. Somebody said something bad about Jesus. WWCD?

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Again, you came to this conclusion from a 30 second video?? Thats amazing!

Where did I say I came to my "conclusion" based on a 30 second video? I gave "an example" of Houston's schtick.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Your hero John Elway lost more Super Bowls than he won....not a very good QB....see how bias your opinions are yet?

Yeah, those three he lost involved teams that had no reason being in the Super Bowl to begin with, but he dragged their arses to the big game anyways.

Not sure what my rebuttal to Johhnyboy's post has to do with Elway, but if weaksauce is your game, then continue to dish it out.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Ok, now we get the real story. Somebody said something bad about Jesus. WWCD?

When was Jesus mentioned?

Gully
02-07-2018, 08:04 PM
I know nothing about Wyoming corporate law.

So you ARE human! :)

KNOW IT ALL
02-07-2018, 08:33 PM
YEP, cant say anything good about Houston. His team plays in back to back Title games and was one play away from winning back to back titles. He speaks highly of CK as does CK about him. He loves his program and thinks they are the best. Speaks to his team in the locker room unlike any other venue he may speak all year. Gotta be something wrong with that guy, He's a HOMER! :facepalm: again, I take a deep breath and ask myself "WWCD". :biggrin:

semobison
02-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Where did I say I came to my "conclusion" based on a 30 second video? I gave "an example" of Houston's schtick.

I gave you multiple chances to give me something besides the video. Zilch, zero nata...you know as much about the guy as I do. Which ain't enough to predict his coaching future!

semobison
02-07-2018, 08:40 PM
YEP, cant say anything good about Houston. His team plays in back to back Title games and was one play away from winning back to back titles. He speaks highly of CK as does CK about him. He loves his program and thinks they are the best. Speaks to his team in the locker room unlike any other venue he may speak all year. Gotta be something wrong with that guy, He's a HOMER! :facepalm: again, I take a deep breath and ask myself "WWCD". :biggrin:

Yep, judging a coach by a 30 second video is shallow at best.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 08:42 PM
So Houston starts out like 26-2 at JMU, and Kleiman has 6 losses at NDSU, but Houston isn't on the same pinnacle as Kleiman?

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 08:54 PM
I gave you multiple chances to give me something besides the video. Zilch, zero nata...you know as much about the guy as I do. Which ain't enough to predict his coaching future!

I've told you already, I've dealt with the likes of Houston many times. He'll be onto something else soon as his schtick gets ineffective at JMU.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Yep, judging a coach by a 30 second video is shallow at best.

You and few others on here have swallowed his schtick pretty good. When you guys realize he's a fraud in few years, make sure to start a support group.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 08:59 PM
I've told you already, I've dealt with the likes of Houston many times. He'll be onto something else soon as his schtick gets ineffective at JMU.

Can you list the coaches youve dealt with that are like Houston? Id be interested to see who you've rubbed elbows with that have gone on to fail.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 09:02 PM

You can't coherently debate can you, or did you already know that? Jesus, Carson Wentz, Chris Klieman have nothing to do with my assessment on Houston. Grouping/adding unrelated subjects into an argument makes no sense, but does enforce the idea that you're dumber than you realize.

Since you "ironically" don't know what you're talking about, the Wentz comment from before was due Johhnyboy claiming a while back Carson didn't impress him at all (he was "meh" to him) while many of us said he'd make a good NFL QB.

TransAmBison
02-07-2018, 09:03 PM
You and few others on here have swallowed his schtick pretty good. When you guys realize he's a fraud in few years, make sure to start a support group.He's a fraud? Going to the championship game twice in a row...having to go through NDSU in the Fargodome to get to the championship first time...and then coming very close to beating NDSU in the championship the second time...looks to be a pretty successful fraud. No reason to think he is the greatest coach ever, but calling him a fraud is silly.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Can you list the coaches youve dealt with that are like Houston? Id be interested to see who you've rubbed elbows with that have gone on to fail.

They're are many in the wrestling world that claim they know how to win and when they are proven wrong using their own methods, they're gone.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 09:08 PM
He's a fraud? Going to the championship game twice in a row...having to go through NDSU in the Fargodome to get to the championship first time...and then coming very close to beating NDSU in the championship the second time...looks to be a pretty successful fraud. No reason to think he is the greatest coach ever, but calling him a fraud is silly.

Let's see what he does with his own recruits first. He's never around long enough to see how they pan out under his tutelage.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 09:09 PM
They're are many in the wrestling world that claim they know how to win and when they are proven wrong using their own methods, they're gone.

Oh fucking shocker. Your examples are from wrestling.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Let's see what he does with his own recruits first. He's never around long enough to see how they pan out under his tutelage.

Look at the list of places hes coached

Alma mater Mars Hill University
Playing career
1990–1993 Mars Hill
Position(s) Tight end
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1994–1995 Forbush HS (NC) (DC)
1996–2000 T. C. Roberson HS (NC) (DC)
2001–2005 T. C. Roberson HS (NC)
2006 Brevard (DC)
2007–2010 Lenoir–Rhyne (DC)
2011–2013 Lenoir–Rhyne
2014–2015 The Citadel
2016–present James Madison

wtf is he supposed to do? Stay at Lenoir-Rhyne?

Ive never even heard of that school up until 25 seconds ago

semobison
02-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Look at the list of places hes coached

wtf is he supposed to do? Stay at Lenoir-Rhyne?

Ive never even heard of that school up until 25 seconds ago

He won 3 conference titles in 3 years at DII Lenoir-Rhyne and took them to the championship game his 3rd season. Then two years at The Citadel where he won the conference his 2nd year before landing at JMU. Can't fault a guy for moving up. I don't much care for is rah rah pregame speech either but the facts are he has been successful. I certainly wouldn't judge a guy from a 30 second video!

unbison
02-07-2018, 10:37 PM

Individual sport vs team sport coaching is very different I would guess

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2018, 10:53 PM
He won 3 conference titles in 3 years at DII Lenoir-Rhyne and took them to the championship game his 3rd season. Then two years at The Citadel where he won the conference his 2nd year before landing at JMU. Can't fault a guy for moving up. I don't much care for is rah rah pregame speech either but the facts are he has been successful. I certainly wouldn't judge a guy from a 30 second video!

exactly...from HS to D2 to FCS championship to names in the hat for FBS coaches...the guys been pretty damn successful in 5 years.

Christopher Moen
02-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Oh fucking shocker. Your examples are from wrestling.

And what did you expect?

Individual sport vs team sport coaching is very different I would guess

Not in regards to creating a culture and developing a process that sustains success. Look at how Gable did at Iowa.

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 03:07 AM
And what did you expect?

Not in regards to creating a culture and developing a process that sustains success. Look at how Gable did at Iowa.

Yea un. Dont you remember Gable at Iowa?

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Yea un. Dont you remember Gable at Iowa?

Pretty sure I wasn't asking a question in regards to Gable's coaching ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZyz4Jk1LrY

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Pretty sure nobody knows who the fuck he is, or cares.

So you post a 41 min documentary about the guy.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 04:55 AM
Pretty sure nobody knows who the fuck he is, or cares.

So you post a 41 min documentary about the guy.

Watch it, and you'll find out pretty quick that most people know of him. Sadly, your understanding of the world is pretty small....just like your hero.

unbison
02-08-2018, 11:11 AM
And what did you expect?

Gable coached football ?
I admire your love of wrestling... but it’s a individual sport one person on a team can be a national champion without the rest of their team.... it’s different and there is absolutely no way that what gable did isn’t impressive but wtf does it have to do with JMU’s coach nothing... wait and see... you have a strong opinion on the guy... but it is in no way fact... it’s opinion... the fact is to this point the guy has been successful every where he has been

unbison
02-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Watch it, and you'll find out pretty quick that most people know of him. Sadly, your understanding of the world is pretty small....just like your hero.

Most people you talk to as your circle is small and centered in the wrestling world... you grew up wrestling you work In wrestling it’s what you are and who you know... to many they just know Iowa had or has good wrestling

NovaBison
02-08-2018, 11:17 AM

I am not a wrestler, and even I know Dan Gable is a legendary athlete and coach. The first Olympics I really paid attention to was 1972 -- Gable dominated... incredible work ethic, and a great competitor.

scottietohottie
02-08-2018, 11:30 AM
What will Delaware? A New Jersey? Maybe gold Asics by the looks of this thread.

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Watch it, and you'll find out pretty quick that most people know of him. Sadly, your understanding of the world is pretty small....just like your hero.I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people in their 30s have no idea who he is. Like un said..we know Iowa was good at wrestling but don't care about the sport enough to know who was the driving force behind it.

Also what is your obsession with calling lakes small? According to this pic, you're barely 5'0 tall.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NeUnt0xHLd8/maxresdefault.jpg

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Gable coached football ?
I admire your love of wrestling... but it’s a individual sport one person on a team can be a national champion without the rest of their team.... it’s different and there is absolutely no way that what gable did isn’t impressive but wtf does it have to do with JMU’s coach nothing... wait and see... you have a strong opinion on the guy... but it is in no way fact... it’s opinion... the fact is to this point the guy has been successful every where he has been

Wrestling is an individual sport in regards to competition, but it is still coached as a team.

Instilling a successful culture and developing a process to sustain success aren’t sport-specific. There’s a reason why coaches who are good at this, regardless of sport, are asked/paid by companies to speak to their employees about their coaching philosophies.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Most people you talk to as your circle is small and centered in the wrestling world... you grew up wrestling you work In wrestling it’s what you are and who you know... to many they just know Iowa had or has good wrestling

My “circle” is much bigger than just wrestling. You have to remember we’re (USAW) a part of the Olympic movement that involves multiple sports in our area (Colorado Springs).

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 02:41 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people in their 30s have no idea who he is. Like un said..we know Iowa was good at wrestling but don't care about the sport enough to know who was the driving force behind it.

Also what is your obsession with calling lakes small? According to this pic, you're barely 5'0 tall.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NeUnt0xHLd8/maxresdefault.jpg

I would say more people that enjoy athletics are knowledgeable about Gable than you think.

Your hero is small because he’s small physically and mentally.

Not sure how you get 5 feet from that picture, but you’re about a foot off.

unbison
02-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Wrestling is an individual sport in regards to competition, but it is still coached as a team.

Instilling a successful culture and developing a process to sustain success aren’t sport-specific. There’s a reason why coaches who are good at this, regardless of sport, are asked/paid by companies to speak to their employees about their coaching philosophies.

Ok and? I don’t understand how any of this supports your opinion ... or proves that your some kind of guru in coaching analysis

unbison
02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
My “circle” is much bigger than just wrestling. You have to remember we’re (USAW) a part of the Olympic movement that involves multiple sports in our area (Colorado Springs).

Mmm yeah ok.... forgot how important you feel you are

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 03:56 PM
I would say more people that enjoy athletics are knowledgeable about Gable than you think.

Your hero is small because he’s small physically and mentally.

Not sure how you get 5 feet from that picture, but you’re about a foot off.

I disagree. In your warped mind, they do.

Im basing it off the scoreboard behind your head. and assuming its 4 feet or so off the ground and you dont look much taller than that.

Small mentally? LOL.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Ok and? I don’t understand how any of this supports your opinion ... or proves that your some kind of guru in coaching analysis

Then maybe you don't understand successful coaching. In regards to my opinion, it based off of life experiences.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Mmm yeah ok.... forgot how important you feel you are

What makes you think that? I explain that my "circle" is bigger than the parameters you assume and this is your retort. Classy, then again, based on your "location," class is not your thing.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 06:13 PM
I disagree. In your warped mind, they do.

Im basing it off the scoreboard behind your head. and assuming its 4 feet or so off the ground and you dont look much taller than that.

Small mentally? LOL.

The bottom of the clock is closer to five feet and probably at least ten feet behind me. The guy filming the interview with his Kodak Playsport camera is 6'2."

Small mentally - yes. Where has he proven to be a smart individual? Pretty much everything I've ever seen him write, let alone act, is sophomoric at best. That's sad for a middle-aged man.

ZHerd
02-08-2018, 06:19 PM
The bottom of the clock is closer to five feet and probably at least ten feet behind me. The guy filming the interview with his Kodak Playsport camera is 6'2."

Small mentally - yes. Where has he proven to be a smart individual? Pretty much everything I've ever seen him write, let alone act, is sophomoric at best. That's sad for a middle-aged man.

And you are like a pride filled 5th grader always making sure you get the last word in. You two would fit well together

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 06:30 PM
And you are like a pride filled 5th grader always making sure you get the last word in. You two would fit well together

I'm responding to misinformed individuals; what's your issue with that?

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 07:35 PM

lakes-when you see through some of the bullshit that is his bit, has been correct on numerous things. he hasnt posted in here for years now, which sucks, but not my board. Ive told you back when you were bragging about how you posted his personal information on ESPN boards(which is as childish as it gets when it comes to online message boards) to go look at the other teams boards and tell me what he said there is sophmoric. Its actually been pretty cordial and boring, yes even for lakes. but he has clever takes with those fans.

MNLonghorn10
02-08-2018, 07:45 PM
What makes you think that? I explain that my "circle" is bigger than the parameters you assume and this is your retort. Classy, then again, based on your "location," class is not your thing.

You tote to everybody here how much better you can read a coach than the rest of us because youre a fucking video editor for USA wrestling and USA wrestling is part of the olympic circle of sports, so you "know people".

Then when it comes to Houstons past, you have nothing other than your experience with being a video editor for USA wrestling is why you can tell everybody that JMU is a one trick pony and wont get past the QF's this year..

unbisons location is hilarious...but I forgot you dont laugh at anything.

NDSUSR
02-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Damn could you two bitches stfu or take your catfight to your own hate thread.

semobison
02-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Your not responding to misinformed people. We disagree with your judgement of an individual that you don't know other than seeing a 30 second video of the man. Your a video editor...what the hell...I was sure you must have a masters in Sports Psychology! I have been involved in athletics all my life...and I'm old...don't try to bullshit a bullshitter!

unbison
02-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Lol best laughs are often when laughing at true statements

KNOW IT ALL
02-08-2018, 08:46 PM

Im starting to think that 'big circle' you claim to have is a circle inside your ass, And, Your head fits in it comfortably:biggrin:

wagsabison
02-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Im starting to think that 'big circle' you claim to have is a circle inside your ass, And, Your head fits in it comfortably:biggrin:

I don't want to get involved with this back and forth but... a similar argument could be made for someone else too.

KNOW IT ALL
02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
HEY WAIT, I RESEMBLE THOSE REMARKS :facepalm2:

KNOW IT ALL
02-08-2018, 08:53 PM
By the way, I thought the IOC replaced wrestling with BMX bike jumping, did I miss something?

ZHerd
02-08-2018, 09:01 PM
If nothing else this thread will be an entertaining read for Delaware fans in a few months

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 09:57 PM
lakes-when you see through some of the bullshit that is his bit, has been correct on numerous things. he hasnt posted in here for years now, which sucks, but not my board. Ive told you back when you were bragging about how you posted his personal information on ESPN boards(which is as childish as it gets when it comes to online message boards) to go look at the other teams boards and tell me what he said there is sophmoric. Its actually been pretty cordial and boring, yes even for lakes. but he has clever takes with those fans.

I never said I posted his full name (or personal information) on the ESPN boards. I said I got asked numerous times by opposing fans on those boards if I knew/was/or was a friend of him. His name was posted on these boards only.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 10:03 PM
You tote to everybody here how much better you can read a coach than the rest of us because youre a fucking video editor for USA wrestling and USA wrestling is part of the olympic circle of sports, so you "know people".

Then when it comes to Houstons past, you have nothing other than your experience with being a video editor for USA wrestling is why you can tell everybody that JMU is a one trick pony and wont get past the QF's this year..

I gave my opinion and why I have my opinion of Houston. You, and others, can't deal with opinions because for some odd reason you can't understand subjective vs. objective reasoning.

Again, lets wait and see what happens with Houston in a few years. The track record so far of the teams he leaves is that they're good for the next season, then fall apart the second season. Are they falling apart because the new coaching or the recruits Houston brought in during his tenure?

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Your not responding to misinformed people. We disagree with your judgement of an individual that you don't know other than seeing a 30 second video of the man. Your a video editor...what the hell...I was sure you must have a masters in Sports Psychology! I have been involved in athletics all my life...and I'm old...don't try to bullshit a bullshitter!

You're still stuck on a 30 second video. There are plenty others of the internet if one video is your issue. Again, just a small example of my opinion of him.

Perhaps your problem is you're looking for BS where there is not. Then again, you don't find Houston's schtick as BS, so maybe you're not as good as you think.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 10:12 PM

Video Production Manager is not the same as a video editor (that's just a tiny little part of my job). Before that, I was in the Events Department. Both positions require a lot of traveling and dealing with many types of people. From those experiences, you learn who's legit and who is full of hot air.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 10:14 PM

You seem to have an infatuation with circles, arses and comfort. Freudian slip?

Sun Bison
02-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Interviewer: "Hey you two, your Bison just won the National Championship, what are you going to do now?
Fan1: "I'm going to party all night and then probably eat a crap ton of Wendy's in the morning!"
Bisonville: "I'll get back to you on that after I start a fight with Fan1 for being a fucking idiot and not recognizing that Wendy's breakfast is garbage and that if he wasn't a milk drinking mouth breather he would know that Hardees is far superior."

semobison
02-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Bullshit! Nobody's misinformed, we just disagree with your opinion! I can accept your opinion as yours just don't try to tell us that we're misinformed and you are a better judge of coaches or individuals for that matter because of your job ..that's the bullshit!

MNLonghorn10
02-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Bullshit! Nobody's misinformed, we just disagree with your opinion! I can accept your opinion as yours just don't try to tell us that we're misinformed and you are a better judge of coaches or individuals for that matter because of your job ..that's the bullshit!

exactly....

unbison
02-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Video Production Manager is not the same as a video editor (that's just a tiny little part of my job). Before that, I was in the Events Department. Both positions require a lot of traveling and dealing with many types of people. From those experiences, you learn who's legit and who is full of hot air.

http://http://content.themat.com/usawrestling/usawrestling.php?page=staff (http://content.themat.com/usawrestling/usawrestling.php?page=staff)
I noticed that your a video technician
Is that like a garbageman calling himself a sanitation engineer when you say your a video production manager?

ndsubison1
02-09-2018, 12:20 AM
:facepalm:

CAS4127
02-09-2018, 12:51 AM
You're still stuck on a 30 second video. There are plenty others of the internet if one video is your issue. Again, just a small example of my opinion of him.

Perhaps your problem is you're looking for BS where there is not. Then again, you don't find Houston's schtick as BS, so maybe you're not as good as you think.

I personally don’t like his antics, but I’m not about to leap to opinion that he is not a decent coach. I had a coach who was comparable to Houston re: pregame stuff, but didn’t give a shit because he had me and my teammates prepared to win. And, some/most of my teammates loved and got pumped by his pregame stuff. I didn’t, and some others didn’t, but we understood who his pregame message was being directed to—it wasn’t us. He knew who his core players were, and knew that he had to go a bit different to get ALL involved.

There are 45-65 players to address in football who will actually play (10 or so in wrestling?), so different audience if you will. And no, I’m not dissing wrestling. I love it. 2-time school-boy and AAU National Champion here.

Follow?

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 12:51 AM
http://http://content.themat.com/usawrestling/usawrestling.php?page=staff (http://content.themat.com/usawrestling/usawrestling.php?page=staff)
I noticed that your a video technician
Is that like a garbageman calling himself a sanitation engineer when you say your a video production manager?

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling/about-us/staff-directory

Stay up to date. And no, there's a big difference between Video Production Manager and video technician.

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 12:54 AM

Where did you "accept" my opinion? I have no problem with yours, as I didn't ask for you or anyone else to "prove" your opinion (because personally, I don't care). The only person's opinion I disregarded was Johnnyboy's due to his "meh" opinion about Carson Wentz.

ByeSonBusiness
02-09-2018, 01:04 AM
I personally don’t like his antics, but I’m not about to leap to opinion that he is not a decent coach. I had a coach who was comparable to Houston re: pregame stuff, but didn’t give a shit because he had me and my teammates prepared to win. And, some/most of my teammates loved and got pumped by his pregame stuff. I didn’t, and some others didn’t, but we understood who his pregame message was being directed to—it wasn’t us. He knew who his core players were, and knew that he had to go a bit different to get ALL involved.

There are 45-65 players to address in football who will actually play (10 or so in wrestling?), so different audience if you will. And no, I’m not dissing wrestling. I love it. 2-time school-boy and AAU National Champion here.

Follow?

Thats where I'm at with the dude too. Well said!

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 01:04 AM

Follow?

Yes, football and wrestling are different sports, but as I've described before, there are similarities in coaching, regardless of sport, of how a coach develops a culture for program and creates a process to sustain success. I'm not talking about technical training (although linemen could benefit greatly from hand-fighting skills taught in wrestling).

Head coaches, regardless of sport, are the ones responsible for developing the culture and process. Although the process has changed throughout the years, look at the culture brought in Darrell Mudra that is still strong today. Now compare that to what has happened at Houston's former schools. First year, they're great. After that, not so good.

BTW, congrats on the National Championships. I didn't earn an individual one until the University-age level.

CAS4127
02-09-2018, 01:28 AM
Yes, football and wrestling are different sports, but as I've described before, there are similarities in coaching, regardless of sport, of how a coach develops a culture for program and creates a process to sustain success. I'm not talking about technical training (although linemen could benefit greatly from hand-fighting skills taught in wrestling).

Head coaches of each sport, are the ones responsible for developing the culture and process.

BTW, congrats on the National Championships. I didn't earn an individual one until the University-age level.

I’d kick your ass in a wrestling match right now, and I’m 10+ years older. [emoji58] That said, I’m a big believer in good wrestlers make good/physical football players. Andrew Grothman as a perfect example. Wrestlers aren’t afraid to effing mix it up a bit. I hung out with wrestlers a lot at NDSU. Good, hardworking and solid guys.

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 01:36 AM
I’d kick your ass in a wrestling match right now, and I’m 10+ years older. [emoji58] That said, I’m a big believer in good wrestlers make good/physical football players. Andrew Grothman as a perfect example. Wrestlers aren’t afraid to effing mix it up a bit. I hung out with wrestlers a lot at NDSU. Good, hardworking and solid guys.

If I don't launch you within 30 seconds first,

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/a/a3/GIF-Agree-I-agree-Have-to-agree-GIF.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151227181054

CAS4127
02-09-2018, 01:55 AM
If I don't launch you within 30 seconds first,

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/a/a3/GIF-Agree-I-agree-Have-to-agree-GIF.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151227181054

Lol—I’d smoke your ass. I have a mean side that doesn’t give. Solid cross face—know what I mean? And I know my COG, you’d never get a solid shot.

Anyway, I don’t care for Houston, but he may very well be a good coach. Time will tell.

unbison
02-09-2018, 03:18 AM
https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling/about-us/staff-directory

Stay up to date. And no, there's a big difference between Video Production Manager and video technician.
My link was from today...so maybe I’m not the one that needs to keep up

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 03:53 AM
My link was from today...so maybe I’m not the one that needs to keep up

Simply no. That link is an archival site as our current website has been under the umbrella of the USOC's website (www.teamusa.org) since about November 2013. Of those listed from that archive link, nine are no longer here, five have been promoted and one was reassigned. There are also 20 newer employees on our current staff that are on the link I previously posted, but not on the archive link.

Lastly, our logo (and the color scheme with it) has been updated from the one shown on the archive link.

El_Chapo
02-09-2018, 04:07 AM

me and unbison lived across from The Kapusta brothers a d Tex Tekauts... don't act like we don't know wrestling.. I whooped jeffs ass many times on 2nd street........ (at keg stands)

Portlandbison
02-09-2018, 07:11 AM

You called babich an idiot in another thread and said he only got his jobs because he had friends that gave him his job not that he was the most qualified for. The head of the events department who was your boss when you started at that job you're so proud of, and cant make it two posts without mentioning, was pete Isais the former assistant wrestling coach at ndsu when you were there.

Its almost like you bash babich for something that you're guilty of doing. Having a connection that got you a job, isn't anything to be ashamed of. Being a hypocrite is something most people are ashamed of, but that requires some self awareness. I know I know I'm sure you were the smartest, most qualified because you know everything about everything, but then again maybe you weren't?

Btw we have lawyers, teachers, doctors, coaches, doctors, and investment bankers who post here that don't feel the need to consistently mention their jobs. Do you find it weird we all know where you work? I don't think you do, I think this fulfills your excessive need for admiration.

unbison
02-09-2018, 08:21 AM
Simply no. That link is an archival site as our current website has been under the umbrella of the USOC's website (www.teamusa.org) since about November 2013. Of those listed from that archive link, nine are no longer here, five have been promoted and one was reassigned. There are also 20 newer employees on our current staff that are on the link I previously posted, but not on the archive link.

Lastly, our logo (and the color scheme with it) has been updated from the one shown on the archive link.

It worked didn’t it ...I didn’t do any more the a search of USA wrestling that’s it so you should maybe contact googl and take issue with them.... which I’m almost sure you will

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 08:26 AM
You called babich an idiot in another thread and said he only got his jobs because he had friends that gave him his job not that he was the most qualified for. The head of the events department who was your boss when you started at that job you're so proud of, and cant make it two posts without mentioning, was pete Isais the former assistant wrestling coach at ndsu when you were there.

Its almost like you bash babich for something that you're guilty of doing. Having a connection that got you a job, isn't anything to be ashamed of. Being a hypocrite is something most people are ashamed of, but that requires some self awareness. I know I know I'm sure you were the smartest, most qualified because you know everything about everything, but then again maybe you weren't?

Btw we have lawyers, teachers, doctors, coaches, doctors, and investment bankers who post here that don't feel the need to consistently mention their jobs. Do you find it weird we all know where you work? I don't think you do, I think this fulfills your excessive need for admiration.

Where have I asked for anyone’s admiration here?

In regards to my employment, I didn’t get it because of my ability to BS people. Did friendship help? Absolutely, but so did the extra work I did with the wrestling program and the athletic department at NDSU.

My track record at USAW has led to being promoted. Babich has gone backwards. You can’t compare our careers. But don’t worry, I can guarantee that Bob makes a ton more than I do, or anyone else in our organization.

Again, you don’t have to like my opinions or what I do, but I’m not afraid to state them, and hence, why I don’t do it anonymously.

I’ll state it again - Babich is an idiot and I don’t believe in Houston. My opinions only.

Also, go Broncos!

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 08:43 AM
It worked didn’t it ...I didn’t do any more the a search of USA wrestling that’s it so you should maybe contact googl and take issue with them.... which I’m almost sure you will

I don’t get archive sites when I search. Problem is on your end.

WeAreThePride
02-09-2018, 12:28 PM
So anyway. There's some football being played this fall. Anyone want to talk about that?

34-14 Bison.

oldmantutters
02-09-2018, 01:10 PM
So anyway. There's some football being played this fall. Anyone want to talk about that?

34-14 Bison.Nah, this has been way more interesting than discussing Delaware.

wagsabison
02-09-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who's right.

unbison
02-09-2018, 01:34 PM
I don’t get archive sites when I search. Problem is on your end.

Search Christopher Moen USA wrestling

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Search Christopher Moen USA wrestling

I still get the correct Team USA website.

scottietohottie
02-09-2018, 02:22 PM
this is what i ware. new avatar. only bad thing is old snorty got cut out.

Chris should like it because i'm not trying to hide.

the other group should like it because i'm under 5' tall in that pic.

TransAmBison
02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
This thread delivers...in the most awful of ways. True offseason banter. I blame the basketball team for not winning and giving us a reason to complain about how they are winning. I imagine this thread derailing further until a wrestling match is scheduled (somewhat like the infamous basketball game between SD & Slick). CAS vs Chris...with special guest ref Portly Rob. CAS comes out with his manager Lakes (mouth of the south style). The two begin the match and get to the ground...CAS holding on for dear life and then:

CAS: *whispers* Just hold me.
Chris: You talk a good game, we'll see how you are in the next round.
CAS: I'm so lonely.
Chris: You can see by the video I've had much better coaches.
CAS: Is that a phone in your pocket?
PL: *In the background* Get yer Gumbo here!
unbison: Where'd you get these spoons, the dip-n-dot stand?
Fanette: *further in the background* Anybody see my dog? Li'l bugger's horny as heck!
Izzy: *even further in the background* How you doin'?
Loaf: Where's Angus? The Nigerian Prince I set all the Thunderstruck Makers money to said he would have Angus here for a meet and greet.
TSCF: Hey Loaf, hopefully you paid by credit card to get points.
westnodak93bison: Vikings suck!
Longhorn: No you suck!
SDbison: You all suck!
Hailbison: #$%& off you $#%#ing $%#$s!
Portly Rob: Eff this...I'm going to Dairy Queen. I hope I'm sober enough to drive...

MNLonghorn10
02-09-2018, 03:21 PM
This thread delivers...in the most awful of ways. True offseason banter. I blame the basketball team for not winning and giving us a reason to complain about how they are winning. I imagine this thread derailing further until a wrestling match is scheduled (somewhat like the infamous basketball game between SD & Slick). CAS vs Chris...with special guest ref Portly Rob. CAS comes out with his manager Lakes (mouth of the south style). The two begin the match and get to the ground...CAS holding on for dear life and then:

Fanette: *further in the background* Anybody see my dog? Li'l bugger's horny as heck!
Loaf: Where's Angus? The Nigerian Prince I set all the Thunderstruck Makers money to said he would have Angus here for a meet and greet.
Portly Rob: Eff this...I'm going to Dairy Queen. I hope I'm sober enough to drive...And in the end, we all still can't stand tatanka and hando

Bison Loaf
02-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Portly Rob: Eff this...I'm going to Dairy Queen. I hope I'm sober enough to drive...

That pretty much sums it up.

oldmantutters
02-09-2018, 03:41 PM
BTW Port made light of himself the other day, saying how he has a hard time laying off cheeseburgers. It was funny.

TransAmBison
02-09-2018, 03:42 PM
BTW Port made light of himself the other day, saying how he has a hard time laying off cheeseburgers. It was funny.

Sent from my VS995 using TapatalkYou listened to Port? That's just bad coaching...

Christopher Moen
02-09-2018, 03:58 PM
this is what i ware. new avatar. only bad thing is old snorty got cut out.

Chris should like it because i'm not trying to hide.

the other group should like it because i'm under 5' tall in that pic.

I don't know man. I'm disappointed in the lack of boas.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XyBVwSY4u2Y/VS7Wvb4Cm1I/AAAAAAAAAA4/f5OBDmQ_63I/s1600/Hogan%2Bentrance.gif

tjbison
02-09-2018, 04:01 PM

I cant believe there is anyone that listens, i heard a rumor he went 1 whole show a couple weeks ago and not 1 person called in or commented on Social media

im guessing they are looking at that slot for something better, after they gave him another hour it didnt help. Maybe a Dom/Jeff 12-2 to compete with 1660??

there I added my thread drift for the Delaware fans....HA

IzzyFlexion
02-09-2018, 04:23 PM
this thread delivers...in the most awful of ways. True offseason banter. I blame the basketball team for not winning and giving us a reason to complain about how they are winning. I imagine this thread derailing further until a wrestling match is scheduled (somewhat like the infamous basketball game between sd & slick). Cas vs chris...with special guest ref portly rob. Cas comes out with his manager lakes (mouth of the south style). The two begin the match and get to the ground...cas holding on for dear life and then:

Cas: *whispers* just hold me.
Cas: I'm so lonely.
Chris: You can see by the video i've had much better coaches.
Cas: Is that a phone in your pocket?
Pl: *in the background* get yer gumbo here!
Unbison: Where'd you get these spoons, the dip-n-dot stand?
Fanette: *further in the background* anybody see my dog? Li'l bugger's horny as heck!
Izzy: *even further in the background* how you doin'?
Loaf: Where's angus? The nigerian prince i set all the thunderstruck makers money to said he would have angus here for a meet and greet.
Tscf: Hey loaf, hopefully you paid by credit card to get points.
Westnodak93bison: Vikings suck!
Sdbison: You all suck!
Portly rob: Eff this...i'm going to dairy queen. I hope i'm sober enough to drive...
CaBisonFan: I'll have footage of the CAS-Moen match tomorrow on my YouTube channel right under my video of Jack Maughn pinning a Morningside all-american back in 1985.
SlickVic: Yo gordy.......this bud's for you.

addendum................

KC Bison
02-09-2018, 05:04 PM
This thread is giving pissing contests a bad name.

Bisonator98
02-09-2018, 06:07 PM
HTF did a thread about Delaware spin off into somebodies job history and height?:confused:

Only on BV!:rofl:

CAS4127
02-09-2018, 06:15 PM

CaBisonFan: I'll have footage of the CAS-Moen match tomorrow on my YouTube channel right under my video of Jack Maughn pinning a Morningside all-american back in 1985.
TranAmBison (a/k/a Tranny) to self: I wonder if Talon and or Pike like to "wrestle"??

Second amended wrestle-mania dialogue . . .

TransAmBison
02-09-2018, 06:39 PM

TranAmBison (a/k/a Tranny) to self: I wonder if Talon and or Pike like to "wrestle"??
TALON: Did I hear my name? btw, I am a fan of NDSU now that Georgia Southern has dropped football.
Teach: Talon, I'm going to take my new, custom Commodore 64 and smash it over your head if you come here again!
Hammersmith: Funny you should mention that. The Commodore 64 is near indestructible...completely unlike today's water heaters that do not last any time at all if you don't replace the anode rods regularly.
Bisonaudit: Sagarin says a Commodore 64 is 4.5 favorites vs a new water heater.
Burgundy: I miss the days when only Lakes corrupted threads.

MNLonghorn10
02-09-2018, 06:46 PM
If ndsu wins, lakes is freed.

If Delaware wins, christopher moen gets a permaban

IzzyFlexion
02-09-2018, 07:46 PM

TALON: Did I hear my name? btw, I am a fan of NDSU now that Georgia Southern has dropped football.
Teach: Talon, I'm going to take my new, custom Commodore 64 and smash it over your head if you come here again!
Hammersmith: Funny you should mention that. The Commodore 64 is near indestructible...completely unlike today's water heaters that do not last any time at all if you don't replace the anode rods regularly.
Rockbear99: My daughter would put both of them into a figure 4 leg lock submission hold.
pucknut9: That might compromise their ACLs. Let’s discuss this further at Thanksgiving dinner.
EndZoneQB: Have any of you nodakers ever even seen a fucking wrestling match?

wheeeeee!!!!!

TransAmBison
02-09-2018, 07:48 PM
wheeeeee!!!!!Now we are getting somewhere!

Milkman
02-09-2018, 08:05 PM

Milkman: Hey guys, look I recolored something relevant to the discussion in green and yellow!

I'm participating!!!

El_Chapo
02-09-2018, 10:04 PM
if ndsu wins, lakes is freed.

If delaware wins, christopher moen gets a permaban

i second this

IzzyFlexion
02-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Rockbear99: My daughter would put both of them into a figure 4 leg lock submission hold.
pucknut9: That might compromise their ACLs. Let’s discuss this further at Thanksgiving dinner.
Milkman: Hey guys, look I recolored something relevant to the discussion in green and yellow!
scottietohottie: *random post warning* I rotate my avatar more often than Perth rotates his crops.
IndyBison: The rules committee is looking into implementing a new rule that limits the size of a bulge in a wrestler’s singlet. For the record, I’m not defending referees…..I just like to type the word “bulge”.
Tatanka: You guys are so lame. Er’body know BV is passe………….Ima tweet that shit.

scottietohottie
02-11-2018, 12:18 AM
Do the blue hens have large talons?

North Side
02-11-2018, 01:39 AM
What does the helment even mean? Its basically like Michigan, but I don't know what that means either.

Christopher Moen
02-11-2018, 01:52 AM
What does the helment even mean? Its basically like Michigan, but I don't know what that means either.

It’s a winged helmet design that originated at Princeton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_football_helmet

bisonp
02-11-2018, 01:58 AM
It’s a winged helmet design that originated at Princeton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_football_helmet

So a Delaware coach who used to play at Michigan just decided to copy Michigan? Weak.

bisonaudit
02-11-2018, 02:09 AM
So a Delaware coach who used to play at Michigan just decided to copy Michigan? Weak.

They’ve been wearing them for 60 years. Is it any weaker than Michigan copying Princeton 80 years ago?

I like them no matter who’s wearing them. They’re throwbacks to leather helmet days.

56BISON73
02-11-2018, 02:19 AM
They’ve been wearing them for 60 years. Is it any weaker than Michigan copying Princeton 80 years ago?

I like them no matter who’s wearing them. They’re throwbacks to leather helmet days.

Philly used to have a helmet like that also.

Christopher Moen
02-11-2018, 04:14 AM

A little different. The guy who brought them to Michigan is the same guy who selected the design for Princeton out of a Spalding catalog a few years later. My take is that someone designed it in the early 30s (as a few NFL teams used it), which somehow led to Spalding have an option for teams to select it as part of their uniforms.

The best part of the article is that it would be a former Michigan player turned coach who brought the wing helmet design back to Princeton 60 years after they stopped using it.

BisoninNWMN
02-11-2018, 03:28 PM
I don't like Houston's style but he certainly has been successful where he has coached.

As for the game, Delaware had a good defense this year that will probably carry over in '18 but their offense struggled. The Bison are loaded in '18 on both sides and I don't think UD will score much or at all.

Bison defense shuts them down.

Bison win 35-6

westnodak93bison
02-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Do the blue hens have large talons?No. They have spurs and taste like chicken

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JMUSteeler
02-12-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't like Houston's style but he certainly has been successful where he has coached.

As for the game, Delaware had a good defense this year that will probably carry over in '18 but their offense struggled. The Bison are loaded in '18 on both sides and I don't think UD will score much or at all.

Bison defense shuts them down.

Bison win 35-6

I assume you meant Rocco? He's thoroughly despised by the JMU faithful, I hope you pummel them. While I would want most CAA teams to give you a good game for the sake of conference BS, in this case it's simply Duck Felaware!.

They just hired the worst coach in JMU history as their QB coach, Alex Wood. He's one of those guys that can set an offense back decades, which is perfect because UD was already a few decades behind. In the case of Wood, he's just one of those guys that sucks at his job yet somehow manages to keep getting hired every few years.

BattleBorn
02-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Do the blue hens have large talons?

How about balls on their chins?

barnwintersportsengelstad
02-13-2018, 07:00 AM
scottietohottie: *random post warning* I rotate my avatar more often than Perth rotates his crops.
IndyBison: The rules committee is looking into implementing a new rule that limits the size of a bulge in a wrestler’s singlet. For the record, I’m not defending referees…..I just like to type the word “bulge”.
Tatanka: You guys are so lame. Er’body know BV is passe………….Ima tweet that shit.
BarnWinterSpotsEngelstad: This is one brutal thread, should scare the chicken sh$t out of Danny Rocco and the boys.

southcliffbison
02-13-2018, 01:58 PM
BarnWinterSpotsEngelstad: This is one brutal thread, should scare the chicken sh$t out of Danny Rocco and the boys.

It really must be boring lying around in your Mom's basement all day. Get a freakin' job.

tony
02-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Delaware is a lot like UNI (when UNI has a good defense.)

Here's the replay of the Delaware v JMU game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Eu1VOKPIo

BadlandsBison
02-13-2018, 03:21 PM

They had 2 seniors on the O-line at LT and C.

KNOW IT ALL
02-13-2018, 09:01 PM
It really must be boring lying around in your Mom's basement all day. Get a freakin' job.

And separate bedrooms as well:confused:

56BISON73
02-13-2018, 09:58 PM
And separate bedrooms as well:confused:

Considering how you act here my bet is you share the same bed.

WeAreThePride
02-14-2018, 12:31 PM
As long as we're not talking about the Delaware game, is there somewhere I can watch the full replay of this year's chipper game?

tony
02-14-2018, 01:58 PM
As long as we're not talking about the Delaware game, is there somewhere I can watch the full replay of this year's chipper game?

Hey, I tried.

It's on youtube (for now.) Search for "north dakota state james madison" without the quotes.

Unfortunately, watchespn only shows replays from the last 30 days (bah.)

WeAreThePride
02-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Hey, I tried.

It's on youtube (for now.) Search for "north dakota state james madison" without the quotes.

Unfortunately, watchespn only shows replays from the last 30 days (bah.)

Found it. Thanks.

semobison
02-14-2018, 04:19 PM

This will be one of the more physical defensive teams we have hosted in OOC recently. They haven't had much of an offense recently though. They are going to try...to run the football.

KNOW IT ALL
02-16-2018, 08:05 PM
Considering how you act here my bet is you share the same bed.

OH!!!! Now suddenly your the better person. Come on Dog Walker, you can do better than that:biggrin:

Twentysix
02-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Most people you talk to as your circle is small and centered in the wrestling world... you grew up wrestling you work In wrestling it’s what you are and who you know... to many they just know Iowa had or has good wrestlingTo many more, many many more, wrestling might not even be a collegiate sport. Not because it is undeserving in anyway, but because it simply garners 0.0% interest for the vast majority of sentient beings. Most **college sports fans** could not name a single person associated with wrestling.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

tony
02-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Well, this thread has turned into a non-amusing shit show.

/locked.

If somebody starts another Delaware thread at some point, I'll try to police it better.