PDA

View Full Version : Josh Allen

NDSUSR
01-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Wyonation seems to think Josh Allen will go #1 in the draft.

Typical posts include:
1. More athletic than Wentz.
2. Bigger arm than Wentz.
3. Same coaches Wentz had.
4. Same system Wentz had.

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

I find these hilarious and have Allen as a NFL bust.

Thoughts?

Bison"FANatic"
01-20-2018, 07:27 PM
I believe the Browns should draft him. Yes definitely

Gully
01-20-2018, 07:30 PM
No way he is athletic as Wentz. Not even close.

Professor Chaos
01-20-2018, 07:30 PM

Typical posts include:

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

Thoughts?
He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.

scbison91
01-20-2018, 07:46 PM
He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO. I don't see Josh Allen in the film room at 6:00 am and going home 15 hours later....

2011BisonAlumni
01-20-2018, 08:42 PM

Typical posts include:

Thoughts?

The fact they want him to go to the Browns just so he can go #1 shows how intelligent that fan base is.

Watched most Wyoming games he played in. His decision making and accuracy isn’t close to round 1 worthy. He has physical tools, but he is going to struggle miserably when you combine that with the Browns. You know who also has every physical tool in the box but isn’t accurate and can’t read defenses? Deshone Kizer.

NDSUSR
01-20-2018, 08:46 PM
8-5 mt west... Why do analysts overlook the obvious.

Bison20
01-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Carson has a great mind, that's one of his biggest strengths. didn't see that mentioned. There are plenty of athletic guys with big arms who can't make it because they can't read defenses or get flustered. He also studies all the time watching film

Honeybooboo
01-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I saw nothing remotely close to better than Wentz talent from Allen

See how he does at the combine and Pro Days

HerdBot
01-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Has anyone actually seen his performances and numbers vs Power 5 schools? After seeing that I'm not convinced he's a worthy backup NFL QB. I don't think he's even a great college QB. The college lights are too bright for him.

EC8CH
01-20-2018, 09:55 PM
It's cute this is Wyoming's best shot at getting as much press as NDSU.

VirginiaBison
01-20-2018, 09:57 PM
The major connection with the analysts isn't Allen performance per se, but from various articles I have seen, the Bohl-Wentz connection has been transferred to Allen.

I haven't seen anything about Allen's freedom to change/call plays at the line on his own ala Wentz. But who knows. Wentz demonstrated photographic memory during Combine. It will be interesting to see if Allen can replicate that aptitude.

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2018, 10:09 PM
I don't see Josh Allen in the film room at 6:00 am and going home 15 hours later....

I mean... he's in college... just sayin.

MNLonghorn10
01-20-2018, 10:17 PM

Typical posts include:

Thoughts?Josh Allen has as much of chance to be better than Wentz as does PLs brother does seen here

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/5c1f86f71bdf01dcb7234619a1530dee.jpg

Bisonator98
01-20-2018, 11:08 PM
I said last year that I wasn't impressed with Allen. I said his receivers bailed him out a lot in 2016 and it showed this last year when they weren't as good. I still don't think he is going to be a good NFL QB. His completion percentage is horrible for a WC ball control offense QB.

jcdcubs
01-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Let's be honest about the story-line from ESPN for this bowl game: Josh Allen (WYO QB) is no Carson Wentz. They may be similar size and play in similar offenses, but not even close in IQ, leadership, work ethic, and the how they carry themselves. Not even close! Carson is a future HOFer, I just dont see that for Josh Allen

Christopher Moen
01-20-2018, 11:27 PM
If it wasn’t for the Carson connection, Allen wouldn’t be much of thought in this year’s draft.

I don’t know why they (whoever they are) are using the Wentz-Bohl connection being that Bohl and Co. bolted for Wyoming before Carson ever started a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
01-20-2018, 11:29 PM
If it wasn’t for the Carson connection, Allen wouldn’t be much of thought in this year’s draft.

I don’t know why they (whoever they are) are using the Wentz-Bohl connection being that Bohl and Co. bolted for Wyoming before Carson ever started a game.

With that said, Elway better not even have this guy on his radar.

devin45k
01-20-2018, 11:32 PM
I believe the Browns should draft him. Yes definitely

I don't because it gives Wyoming fans an excuse for him being a bust

BisonTeacher
01-20-2018, 11:37 PM
Who listen's to Mel kiper anymore?

TBone
01-20-2018, 11:44 PM
Good lord, the donkeys will have 4 bad qb's

GOBISON123
01-21-2018, 12:08 AM
Carson has a great mind, that's one of his biggest strengths. didn't see that mentioned. There are plenty of athletic guys with big arms who can't make it because they can't read defenses or get flustered. He also studies all the time watching film

This ^ :judges:

unbison
01-21-2018, 12:30 AM
Who is josh Allen?
And why are we talking about him?

Herd
01-21-2018, 01:27 AM
I’d draft Allen ahead of usc guy, Rosin and Mayfield. That’s an easy one for me.

HerdBot
01-21-2018, 01:39 AM
I’d draft Allen ahead of usc guy, Rosin and Mayfield. That’s an easy one for me.

I would take Brock Jensen ahead of Josh Allen and he was an undrafted free agent. At least he didn't shit his pants vs Power 5 teams and actually elevated his game vs better competition. Way more accurate running basically the same offense and had nerves of steel.

Herd
01-21-2018, 02:17 AM
I would take Brock Jensen ahead of Josh Allen and he was an undrafted free agent. At least he didn't shit his pants vs Power 5 teams and actually elevated his game vs better competition. Way more accurate running basically the same offense and had nerves of steel.

Josh Allen has a huge arm and can really spin it. He is capable of playing well and hitting tight windows as noted in his bowl game. He’s had some clunkers, but his up side is way past Jensen.

BisonTeacher
01-21-2018, 02:29 AM
Josh Allen has a huge arm and can really spin it. He is capable of playing well and hitting tight windows as noted in his bowl game. He’s had some clunkers, but his up side is way past Jensen.

Sounds like he's perfect for the browns

HerdBot
01-21-2018, 03:22 AM

Classic QB has a great arm and is tall but can't play and has horrible accuracy. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Dude literally shit his pants vs good competition and no, the Bowl game wasnt great competition . Verses power 5 schools he averages 1 TD to 8 picks and 52% completion in an offense that runs tons of 3 yard passes. Could you imagine Jensen looking that bad Vs Kansas State, Minnesota, and Colorado State? Upside maybe but throwing accurate passes, reading a defense, and playing well under pressure, Brock was way better. Ironically he ran the same offense with the same coordinator. How did Brock do vs better competition?

NoDak
01-21-2018, 04:08 AM
He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.

YES. What separates Wentz from guys who have even better tools is he is a "football rat." He is constantly thinking about the game, and his role in it. He is excited by studying film. He is extremely knowledgable about his offense and how it functions rather than simply parroting plays sent to him. He understands how to manipulate defenses. He understands every player's role in a given play. He just plain understands stuff that most QBs, even at the NFL level, don't.

There are lots of guys who can "spin it" down the field. They might even be more accurate. But they are automatons. And can't really understand the offense beyond the play radioed to them by the OC.

HerdBot
01-21-2018, 04:15 AM
YES. What separates Wentz from guys who have even better tools is he is a "football rat." He is constantly thinking about the game, and his role in it. He is excited by studying film. He is extremely knowledgable about his offense and how it functions rather than simply parroting plays sent to him. He understands how to manipulate defenses. He understands every player's role in a given play. He just plain understands stuff that most QBs, even at the NFL level, don't.

There are lots of guys who can "spin it" down the field. They might even be more accurate. But they are automatons. And can't really understand the offense beyond the play radioed to them by the OC.

And Wentz didn't pee down his leg like a scared little boy whenever we played a good team. He elevated his game and made everyone better.

td577
01-21-2018, 07:10 AM
I am not saying Allen will become a great QB, but he will have access to resources unlike anything he has ever seen in college. Guys learn more in their first couple years in the NFL about football then in any other couple year period in their life. If he gets put in the right situation with the right people, there is a good likelihood he could become a good NFL QB.

Maybe someone like CW would have had a way different learning curve being drafted by the Browns, but I don't think there is any way he is in MVP discussions in his second year.

Christopher Moen
01-21-2018, 01:23 PM

You might as well be talking about JaMarcus Russell with that description. The big difference between the two is JaMarcus brought has “A” game in major matchups. Allen had nothing but “WTF” moments in his.

JohnnyExtacy
01-22-2018, 04:06 AM
Pretty football ignorant opinions from you guys, I expect better.

Allen is a very solid prospect. The kid has an absolute cannon for an arm, he's giftedly athletic, incredibly tough, and he'll be a football sponge in the NFL very similiar to Wentz in the film room. He doesn't have Wentz's IQ, and he doesn't read as well as Wentz. Hes also a lot more of a project than Wentz.

He isn't as good of a prospect as Wentz, but that dont mean he isn't a good prospect and wont be a good QB in the NFL.

HerdBot
01-22-2018, 05:50 AM
Pretty football ignorant opinions from you guys, I expect better.

Allen is a very solid prospect. The kid has an absolute cannon for an arm, he's giftedly athletic, incredibly tough, and he'll be a football sponge in the NFL very similiar to Wentz in the film room. He doesn't have Wentz's IQ, and he doesn't read as well as Wentz. Hes also a lot more of a project than Wentz.

He isn't as good of a prospect as Wentz, but that dont mean he isn't a good prospect and wont be a good QB in the NFL.

Not saying he doesn't have the raw skills to be an NFL QB but guys who need 3+ years don't get drafted first or second loverall unless your name is Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell. Both players with skills who needed 2 years on the bench. That will never happen with the costs of a 1st round pick

THEsocalledfan
01-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Josh Allen is is worth a shot for some team. His skill player level was way down this year in Wyo and they still had a solid year. Do I think as good as Wentz? No, but he has enough arm to get a shot.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2018, 04:40 PM
He doesn't LOVE it like Carson, and has never shown passion to the film room. That has been the major difference. He has a gun, and above average athlete. Someone will take him. Blake BOrtels is my comparison.

Christopher Moen
01-22-2018, 05:52 PM
He doesn't LOVE it like Carson, and has never shown passion to the film room. That has been the major difference. He has a gun, and above average athlete. Someone will take him. Blake BOrtels is my comparison.

I believe Bortles was still a few levels ahead of Allen in college, especially in big games.

Again, I believe Bohl and Vigen are getting too much credit for Wentz's development and that is being projected on Allen. Experts should be looking at what Klieman and Co. (especially Hedberg) did with Wentz and give Stick a more serious look next year.

Just comparing Stick's game against a better Iowa team last year than the one Allen faced this year is enough proof for me of who can lead a team better.

56BISON73
01-22-2018, 06:22 PM
I believe Bortles was still a few levels ahead of Allen in college, especially in big games.

Again, I believe Bohl and Vigen are getting too much credit for Wentz's development and that is being projected on Allen. Experts should be looking at what Klieman and Co. (especially Hedberg) did with Wentz and give Stick a more serious look next year.

Just comparing Stick's game against a better Iowa team last year than the one Allen faced this year is enough proof for me of who can lead a team better.

The only thing Bohl can take credit for is recruiting Wentz. Some are just extrapolating the Bohl-Wentz connection to pump up Allen.

EC8CH
01-22-2018, 06:28 PM
The only thing Bohl can take credit for is recruiting Wentz. Some are just extrapolating the Bohl-Wentz connection to pump up Allen.

It gives them a story to fill airtime and generate a narrative to create interest in this year's draft.

Christopher Moen
01-22-2018, 06:35 PM

And that's going end up setting up Allen as a huge bust. In my opinion, he's at best a late rounder (5th through 7th round). His professional career will end up as a joke, but at least he will make a few million dollars for it.

HerdBot
01-22-2018, 06:45 PM

And let's face it... Carson wanted to play here and he wasn't flooded with offers so that's really not some ingenious move to offer an instate guy who is 6-5 and super athletic a scholarship. Carson was recruited and worked his ass off.

Also these recruiting people always try to make comparisons... kind of like the kid from Montana. Predictably he was compared to Wentz and the only comparison between them was he was tall.

cracker
01-23-2018, 02:12 AM
From Sports Illustrated Monday Morning Quarterback:
[Wyoming’s] Josh Allen: I can’t buy into him. When he goes up in competition, his numbers fall off. Look at his Iowa game this year, his Nebraska game, his big games. [Against his three biggest foes—Nebraska, Oregon, Iowa—Allen had an NFL passer rating of 31.0, with one TD and eight interceptions.] He doesn’t feel the rush well. He’s a retreater. Great arm, great size, great athlete. Nobody with as low a completion percentage as him in college [56.2 percent] has had great success in the NFL. He should be seven, eight, 10 percent higher.

30-year NFL scout Greg Gabriel, now an NFL analyst for Pro Football Weekly

Bisonator98
01-23-2018, 04:09 PM
And let's face it... Carson wanted to play here and he wasn't flooded with offers so that's really not some ingenious move to offer an instate guy who is 6-5 and super athletic a scholarship. Carson was recruited and worked his ass off.

Also these recruiting people always try to make comparisons... kind of like the kid from Montana. Predictably he was compared to Wentz and the only comparison between them was he was tall.

Yeah I got a kick out of that one. :rofl:

westnodak93bison
01-24-2018, 03:56 AM

Just comparing Stick's game against a better Iowa team last year than the one Allen faced this year is enough proof for me of who can lead a team better.And Allen had FBS talented players and coaches surrounding him against The Hawks. Cough, cough

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cbline
01-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Review from Pat Forde is not good at all.

"Tuesday afternoon, there was practice. And let’s just say that he did very little to dispel concerns about his ability to throw the football accurately."

https://sports.yahoo.com/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-passes-eyeball-test-starts-throwing-025702572.html

Bisonator98
01-24-2018, 03:18 PM

"Tuesday afternoon, there was practice. And let’s just say that he did very little to dispel concerns about his ability to throw the football accurately."

https://sports.yahoo.com/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-passes-eyeball-test-starts-throwing-025702572.html

The other thing that would concern me is his demeanor. Watching his interview session yesterday he came off as kind of passive and a type B personality. Those types are good backup QB's but generally not franchise guys. I think he should have stayed at WYO another year, he's got a lot to work on IMO.

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 03:20 PM

Yep. Plays big time competition and he freezes. Plays catch with receivers in front of all the NFL execs and he freezes. Good luck doing it with NFL D-lineman trying to crush you on National TV with 20 million people watching and fans wondering why they spent a high pick on you

Bison"FANatic"
01-24-2018, 03:36 PM
He played outdoors in the cold and it is cold in Cleveland. That should be good enough for them to add him to their long list of QB busts.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2018, 03:41 PM
He played outdoors in the cold and it is cold in Cleveland. That should be good enough for them to add him to their long list of QB busts.
The true test will be how he throws a football that has been drenched with a water bottle seconds before he releases it.... because in Cleveland you routinely throw footballs that are literally dripping wet.

Although Cleveland doesn't have that OC anymore (Pep Hamilton) and brought in Pittsburgh castoff Todd Haley who had numerous clashes with Big Ben there.... should be a great situation for a young QB on a team that's gone 1-31 over the last two years.

cbline
01-24-2018, 05:46 PM
The true test will be how he throws a football that has been drenched with a water bottle seconds before he releases it.... because in Cleveland you routinely throw footballs that are literally dripping wet.

Although Cleveland doesn't have that OC anymore (Pep Hamilton) and brought in Pittsburgh castoff Todd Haley who had numerous clashes with Big Ben there.... should be a great situation for a young QB on a team that's gone 1-31 over the last two years.

Hey, give the Browns the benefit of the doubt. Yes, their winning percentage is 3% over the past two years, but if you go back over the last nine years it rises to a whopping 26%!

Professor Chaos
01-24-2018, 06:02 PM
One throw is obviously a small sample size but here's a good display of Allen's accuracy (or lack thereof) in comparison to Heisman winner Baker Mayfield during Senior Bowl practices: https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/956228021945618437

NDSUSR
01-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Not a good look when you are missing targets badly during senior bowl practice:

"But as Allen told Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan this week (http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2018/01/22/josh-allen-im-a-huge-competitor-i-want-to-be-the-guy-that-turns-around-the-cleveland-browns/), “stats are for losers.” The one thing Allen doesn’t lack, after his cannon for an arm, is confidence. He continued: “While at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Allen went 16–9 in his last two seasons at Wyoming and didn’t win a single game of much importance. But the dude’s Senior Bowl press tour has been a delight.

In that same interview, Allen said he has “qualities that Aaron Rodgers has (https://twitter.com/KyleKellyCLE/status/955527849645170688),” and that at Wyoming, “I had to put everybody on my back (https://twitter.com/KyleKellyCLE/status/955523433294716928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2F sec-football%2Fnfl-draft-qb-prospect-josh-allen-compares-aaron-rodgers-says-put-wyoming-back%2F).” He compared his gunslinger mentality to Brett Favre’s (https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/955590899039457281) and said he wants “to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns (https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/955630662341611520).”

cbline
01-24-2018, 07:39 PM
to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns

I'm not sure if even the return of the Messiah could turn around the Browns.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2018, 07:55 PM

"But as Allen told Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan this week (http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2018/01/22/josh-allen-im-a-huge-competitor-i-want-to-be-the-guy-that-turns-around-the-cleveland-browns/), “stats are for losers.” The one thing Allen doesn’t lack, after his cannon for an arm, is confidence. He continued: “While at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Allen went 16–9 in his last two seasons at Wyoming and didn’t win a single game of much importance. But the dude’s Senior Bowl press tour has been a delight.

In that same interview, Allen said he has “qualities that Aaron Rodgers has (https://twitter.com/KyleKellyCLE/status/955527849645170688),” and that at Wyoming, “I had to put everybody on my back (https://twitter.com/KyleKellyCLE/status/955523433294716928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2F sec-football%2Fnfl-draft-qb-prospect-josh-allen-compares-aaron-rodgers-says-put-wyoming-back%2F).” He compared his gunslinger mentality to Brett Favre’s (https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/955590899039457281) and said he wants “to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns (https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/955630662341611520).”
Yeah, he sounds just like Carson Wentz. :rolleyes:

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 08:25 PM

Stats are for losers? How about accuracy stats? Intangibles? He talks about "carrying the team" but vs good competition he carried them by throwing 1 TD to 8 Picks and the team got their ass kicked.

wagsabison
01-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Browns should draft a QB with all of their first round picks.

56BISON73
01-24-2018, 09:02 PM
One throw is obviously a small sample size but here's a good display of Allen's accuracy (or lack thereof) in comparison to Heisman winner Baker Mayfield during Senior Bowl practices: https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/956228021945618437

The Uker meme was hilarious.

HerdBot
01-26-2018, 06:02 PM
Josh Allen for the week in 7 on 7 drills. Passes over 15 yards he was 1-7 with a pick. Reading media reports you would think he's the greatest QB ever.

Christopher Moen
01-26-2018, 11:09 PM
Josh Allen for the week in 7 on 7 drills. Passes over 15 yards he was 1-7 with a pick. Reading media reports you would think he's the greatest QB ever.

Listening to 104.3 TheFan (Denver station with former Broncos) the past week, and they felt Allen was terrible for the first day, but worked his butt off on the second day and reestablished himself as the second best QB in the draft (Mayfield killed everything outside the deep passes, which was won by Allen). The broadcasts were done while the hosts were watching the practices live in Mobile.

With that said, I'm hoping the Broncos trade up to get Saquon Barkley, or draft an O-lineman. If they want Mayfield, I hope they can collect a few more picks by dropping back a few spots first.

HerdBot
01-27-2018, 09:02 PM
Looked horrible at half time and looked like he was done for the day

But he came in the 2nd half he's looking pretty awesome even though the rules say you can't blitz. He may have saved himself from falling out of the first round. The plays were more good design but still looked great. If I had to predict, probably looking like a mid to lower first round unless some team is desperate and willing to pay top 5 money for a player that's 2-3 years away. Cleveland is dumb enough to play him right away and kill his confidence. He needs a year or so to work on accuracy which sucks pretty bad.

oldmantutters
01-28-2018, 12:17 AM
Looked horrible at half time and looked like he was done for the day

But he came in the 2nd half he's looking pretty awesome even though the rules say you can't blitz. He may have saved himself from falling out of the first round. The plays were more good design but still looked great. If I had to predict, probably looking like a mid to lower first round unless some team is desperate and willing to pay top 5 money for a player that's 2-3 years away. Cleveland is dumb enough to play him right away and kill his confidence. He needs a year or so to work on accuracy which sucks pretty bad.He made a couple really good throws in the second half. Really put them in some tight spots which isn't really his MO. Looks like he has a long way to go with reading defenses and handling pressure.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
01-28-2018, 12:29 AM
He made a couple really good throws in the second half. Really put them in some tight spots which isn't really his MO. Looks like he has a long way to go with reading defenses and handling pressure.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I agree but given the lack of quality QBs and teams that need one, he's going to get drafted way higher than he should. Any of the last 3 years he's a 5th round pick at best. Not this year

ByeSonBusiness
01-28-2018, 05:56 AM
I agree but given the lack of quality QBs and teams that need one, he's going to get drafted way higher than he should. Any of the last 3 years he's a 5th round pick at best. Not this year

5th round at best?

steelbison
01-31-2018, 08:14 PM

What a joke. You can say what you want about Allen but fifth round pick is just ignorant.

HerdBot
01-31-2018, 09:42 PM
What a joke. You can say what you want about Allen but fifth round pick is just ignorant.

5th round might be too low but in a typical season he's a 3rd rounder. Do you want a guy who is one of the least accurate passers out there in a system that demands a minimum of 60%. Do you want a guy who was horrible vs power 5 competition. He wasn't bad he was horrible. 1 TD to 8 picks. Great QBs elevate their play during big games. The only reason he's projected so high is because this class has no huge name QBs. No Mariotta, Jamius Winston, Deshaun Watson, Trubisky Bottles, etc. Just that fact alone is the only reason he's getting all this attention. I think he needs years to improve. If this guy goes high first round he's going to have to play right away. That's why I think we'll see him drafted low 1st round. I think long term he has crazy upside but they gotta be patient. Cleveland is pretty stupid though. They've already killed Kizers confidence