PDA

View Full Version : FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

Pages : [1] 2

VirginiaBison
01-15-2018, 10:00 PM
FTA: "If you think NFL players only come out of the FBS, take two aspirin and check the draft lists. The highly respected site NFLDraftScout.com already says the FCS features several day two picks for the NFL Draft -- in 2018. And there's always the potential for a player to drift into day one."

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/football-top-fcs-2018-prospects-january-2018-ajaj

Bisonator98
01-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Deluca has a good shot but he'll need a good Senior Bowl and combine numbers. Kuhnert and Dempsey should get FA signings at least.

Rixen
01-16-2018, 02:04 PM
Thought i've heard Klieman say that James Fisher has a good shot at the next level multiple times as well.

Mr Meaty
01-16-2018, 02:17 PM
My personal thoughts on this are as long as FCS players continue to be successful in the NFL, teams will continue to look there. Also I do think there will be a shift to some degree, maybe small, that players that could go FBS will consider FCS. I will hangup and listen to all that disagree with this thought.

stevdock
01-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Thought i've heard Klieman say that James Fisher has a good shot at the next level multiple times as well.

Good luck to him. He was so consistent over his years here, but this has to be one of the toughest groups to break into in the NFL. Each team has one, and if you're good you can do it forever. Long snapping is a great way to get a college scholarship or to get onto a college football team, but has to be rough trying to make a career out of it.

KNOW IT ALL
01-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Deluca has a good shot but he'll need a good Senior Bowl and combine numbers. Kuhnert and Dempsey should get FA signings at least.

I would give Kuhnert the best chance and Id be surprised if he isn't an active roster player next year. Deluca isn't the same player he was before the injury, not even close. Some of that may have been his desire to not get hurt again as well. If he has explosive numbers in the post season try outs we will know. He is the poster child for why P5 guys leave early if given the chance. Sure hope all goes well for him.

mtoutfitter
01-16-2018, 03:17 PM

Saw on a draft site they had him ranked as the #9 LS for this draft.

KNOW IT ALL
01-16-2018, 03:48 PM

What a great gig, Get paid to wake up in the morning and "Snap one off":biggrin:

KNOW IT ALL
01-16-2018, 03:53 PM

I used to be jealous of people that got paid to Long snap in the NFL. Now Im even more jealous of people that get paid, to Rank people in the draft who long snap.

EC8CH
01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Deluca isn't the same player he was before the injury, not even close. Some of that may have been his desire to not get hurt again as well. If he has explosive numbers in the post season try outs we will know. He is the poster child for why P5 guys leave early if given the chance. Sure hope all goes well for him.

BS. DeLuca towards the end of the year was back to preinjury form especially in the playoffs. If he's the poster child for anything it's for being tough and dedicated.

CAS4127
01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
BS. DeLuca towards the end of the year was back to preinjury form especially in the playoffs. If he's the poster child for anything it's for being tough and dedicated.

I have to agree with KIA on this one. From what I saw/observed, I'd say he was 80-85%, with the exception of a few plays where he played at 90-95% and those numbers mean at least a step slower on almost all plays. Instincts/experience helped him a lot, but when he had to rely on just pure ability, reaction, strength and speed, he was well off his pre knee injury form.

EndZoneQB
01-16-2018, 06:04 PM
I have to agree with KIA on this one. From what I saw/observed, I'd say he was 80-85%, with the exception of a few plays where he played at 90-95% and those numbers mean at least a step slower on almost all plays. Instincts/experience helped him a lot, but when he had to rely on just pure ability, reaction, strength and speed, he was well off his pre knee injury form.

There is at least one example in the national championship game that he just flat out whiffed right at the point of attack.

89MTBISON
01-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Many of our young men give so much sacrificially for the Bison, they leave here a shell of their athletic self. I think it was Ryan Smith who spoke about the toll top level football takes on the body.

KNOW IT ALL
01-16-2018, 06:42 PM

Hey Homer Simpson, NOBODY is taking anything away from Deluca. If you know anything about football or have a common eye for what you were watching you would know Deluca was not his pre injury self. Prior to his injury he had COX closing speed, after his injury he was simply a real good linebacker, thus, not 1st team all-American good. Most knee injuries see a player coming back to speed two years after the injury but seldom if ever one year later. For that reason alone I give him a good chance of playing at the next level. Scouts know that as well come draft time. And, if your gonna go after round five your better off going as a rookie free agent, picking and choosing the right team and scheme.

Christopher Moen
01-16-2018, 06:43 PM
Many of our young men give so much sacrificially for the Bison, they leave here a shell of their athletic self. I think it was Ryan Smith who spoke about the toll top level football takes on the body.

This is similar to the rumored reason why John Elway refuses to draft anyone from Alabama.

89MTBISON
01-16-2018, 06:47 PM
This is similar to the rumored reason why John Elway refuses to draft anyone from Alabama.

Did I hear Kleiman correctly, 25ish off-season surgeries this year. That's insane. Tons of respect for these young fellas. I'm just getting over a cold and want mommy.

tolnabison
01-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Did I hear Kleiman correctly, 25ish off-season surgeries this year. That's insane. Tons of respect for these young fellas. I'm just getting over a cold and want mommy.

Guessing the spring game will be pretty watered down with that many surgeries. At least we get to tailgate!

Christopher Moen
01-16-2018, 06:54 PM

It's a violent game played by big dudes. Hard to not get injured. I would put the chances of being injured up there with bull riding or bronc busting (those dudes are a special kind of crazy).

89MTBISON
01-16-2018, 07:01 PM
It's a violent game played by big dudes. Hard to not get injured. I would put the chances of being injured up there with bull riding or bronc busting (those dudes are a special kind of crazy).

Yep we've got old rodeo cowboys out here in our part of the world who walk into the clinic at 50 yrs old looking like crippled up 80 year olds. But they wouldn't give up those glory years for anything.

THEsocalledfan
01-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Guessing the spring game will be pretty watered down with that many surgeries. At least we get to tailgate!

Yes and no. That game is really about the young guys anyway, so I don't see much difference.

IzzyFlexion
01-16-2018, 07:24 PM

I can't recall the last time that I've seen a bad snap from a Bison LSer.

KNOW IT ALL
01-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Alabama kids play 2 years of Ball, FCS kids play 4. Almost every kid that starts at Alabama, if not all, are either drafted or brought into an NFL camp. Watch any NFL game and somebody is sent to the locker room about every 10-15 plays. Watched a NFL game about a month ago and five straight plays somebody was helped off the field, two of those were stoppage of play knee injuries, almost certainly ACL or MCL tears. I don't believe you will see high school football in 20 years. It will be a community funded sport not sanctioned by public school systems, schools wont be allowed to accept the liability moving forward when all the medical research catches up regarding head injuries and lasting affects. Many retired NFL players are coming forward with a lot of nightmare stories.

THEsocalledfan
01-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Moral of the story; our players are only good enough to play in the NFC, not the AFC.

acf2
01-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Moral of the story; our players are only good enough to play in the NFC, not the AFC.

Was wondering if someone would make that joke...:):hide:

SDbison
01-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Alabama kids play 2 years of Ball, FCS kids play 4. Almost every kid that starts at Alabama, if not all, are either drafted or brought into an NFL camp. Watch any NFL game and somebody is sent to the locker room about every 10-15 plays. Watched a NFL game about a month ago and five straight plays somebody was helped off the field, two of those were stoppage of play knee injuries, almost certainly ACL or MCL tears. I don't believe you will see high school football in 20 years. It will be a community funded sport not sanctioned by public school systems, schools wont be allowed to accept the liability moving forward when all the medical research catches up regarding head injuries and lasting affects. Many retired NFL players are coming forward with a lot of nightmare stories. Lots of bullshit there, but then many parents and their kids are pussies these days......some even change their gender.

westnodak93bison
01-17-2018, 12:40 AM
I can't recall the last time that I've seen a bad snap from a Bison LSer.One in NC game was way low to our punter

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
01-17-2018, 02:12 PM
It seems like whenever they have players introduce themselves at the beginning of games, you hear one FCS/D-II school listed as a starter on the majority of NFL rosters.

mtoutfitter
01-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Read an article about east/west practices and it says Kuhnert is practicing at both guard/center. Article didn't heap a lot of praise on him but was not too critical either. Sorry, I don't know how to link.

Bison20
01-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Read an article about east/west practices and it says Kuhnert is practicing at both guard/center. Article didn't heap a lot of praise on him but was not too critical either. Sorry, I don't know how to link.

Being able to play at multiple positions is huge in the NFL because of the limited roster spots. I know he started many games a center early on before being moved to guard. Hopefully this will give him an edge over some of the other interior lineman.

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Lots of bullshit there, but then many parents and their kids are pussies these days......some even change their gender.

Once again, someone quotes a poster I have on ignore, and reminds me why I have them on ignore.

AKBison
01-17-2018, 04:32 PM
There is at least one example in the national championship game that he just flat out whiffed right at the point of attack.

KE had a pretty tough game against ISUr in the Natty including being faked out by Roberson on what looked to be the game winning play. Pretty sure he is doing fine in the NFL. Deluca lost a step this year but was slowly getting quicker as the year went on.

BlueBisonRock
01-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Once again, someone quotes a poster I have on ignore, and reminds me why I have them on ignore.

Are you saying that we need to check your ignore list prior to quoting others who post?

bri-dog
01-17-2018, 05:55 PM
Are you saying that we need to check your ignore list prior to quoting others who post?

I'll quote you so he can read it. :biggrin::duel:

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2018, 07:50 PM

Sure, but think you may have missed the constructive criticism intended......:)

bruinbison
01-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Mike Mayock - UNI’s Daurice Fountain getting attention

Northern Iowa WR Daurice Fountain: Everybody's talking about him this week. Out of the whole group of wideouts, I think he's the one that's shown the most juice, the most acceleration. He has a really good track background from high school, so he's legitimately fast but he's also quick. He's caught the ball extremely well, and he's separated from guys. I think he's helped himself a lot this week.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907807/article/mike-mayocks-observations-from-week-of-shrine-game-practices?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3dcollege-football&p.ct=CFB%2024%2f7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23ffffff&p.bgc1m=%23000000&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

bruinbison
01-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Mel Kiper’s latest draft & position rankings:

Nick DeLuca #7 among ILB’s

SDSU ‘s Goedert #2 among TE’s behind Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews - did not make the 1st round in Mel’s mock draft

Wyoming QB Josh Allen #1 pick to Cleveland

mtoutfitter
01-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Anybody hear anymore on Kuhnert at this week's practices?

TAILG8R
01-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Mel Kiper’s latest draft & position rankings:

Nick DeLuca #7 among ILB’s

SDSU ‘s Goedert #2 among TE’s behind Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews - did not make the 1st round in Mel’s mock draft

Wyoming QB Josh Allen #1 pick to Cleveland

Perfect, Cleveland loves busts.

BisManBison
01-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Perfect, Cleveland loves busts.

JMU fan a couple rows in front of me at the chipper has a sign telling Cleveland to take Schor with the first pick. I asked him why he hated his own QB. He looks at me funny and says, I don't, I love my QB. Hello, McFly!!

56BISON73
01-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Anybody hear anymore on Kuhnert at this week's practices?

Is he at the Shrine Bowl or Senior?

mtoutfitter
01-19-2018, 09:36 PM
Is he at the Shrine Bowl or Senior?

Shrine...which is tomorrow. Don't know what channel?

Check that 2 PM Mountain Time.

56BISON73
01-20-2018, 02:48 AM
Shrine...which is tomorrow. Don't know what channel?

Check that 2 PM Mountain Time.

2pm NFL Network

Thanks BTW also Welcome aboard.

mtoutfitter
01-20-2018, 03:06 AM
2pm NFL Network

Thanks BTW also Welcome aboard.

Thank you PL....believe it's at 3 your time.

bruinbison
01-20-2018, 03:47 AM
Austin Kuhnert’s measurements at the East West Shrine Bowl
height/weight/ arms/hands/wingspan

6036 - 308 - 31 1/4 - 8 5/8 - 78 1/8

Also there is SDSU C Jacob Ohnesorge

6020 - 291 - 31 3/8 - 9 1/4 - 76

And another Jackrabbit - Jake Wieneke WR

6041 - 218 - 33 1/8 - 9 5/8 - 78 1/8

And MSU Moorhead’s Damon Gibson TE

6036 - 249 - 33 1/4 - 9 3/4 - 79 1/8

Familiar QB to Fargo - Jeremiah Briscoe QB Sam Houston St.
6030 - 220 - 31 9 1/8 - 9 1/8 - 75

And from Grand Forks - Cole Reyes S
6007 - 216 - 30 1/2 - 9 3/4 - 72 3/8

EC8CH
01-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Austin Kuhnert’s measurements at the East West Shrine Bowl
height/weight/ arms/hands/wingspan

6036 - 308 - 31 1/4 - 8 5/8 - 78 1/8

Is his arm length measurement with or without his shoulder snapped back into place? #NorthDakotaTough

56BISON73
01-20-2018, 03:54 AM
Thank you PL....believe it's at 3 your time.

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

bruinbison
01-20-2018, 03:56 AM
Is his arm length measurement with or without his should snapped back into place? #NorthDakotaTough

:)

Bet that video has been seen there, #Kuhnerttough

bruinbison
01-20-2018, 04:18 AM
Eric Peterson article on Damon Gibson

http://peterson.areavoices.com/2018/01/17/the-buzz-for-former-dragons-wr-damon-gibson-at-east-west-shrine-game-practice/

DCinOK
01-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Kuhnert is on the East team, while SDSU guys are on the West. Apparently East-West is meaningless.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Kuhnert will be wearing #57 and playing center for the east.

mtoutfitter
01-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Kuhnert starting at LG for the east.

Just gave up a sack to PJ Hall

TAILG8R
01-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Just had his man blow past him and get to the quarterback ... Looked good on the first two plays though

SDbison
01-20-2018, 07:13 PM
I think Kuhnert started at center and then moved to left guard. Did well blocking on first 2 plays but then got beat on pass rush.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Kuhnert is doing well. Great run blocking and holding up well now on pass protect. Last series Mike Mayock said he really likes Kuhnert out of North Dakota State.

BisonNeil
01-20-2018, 08:05 PM
I think Kuhnert started at center and then moved to left guard. Did well blocking on first 2 plays but then got beat on pass rush.

What I found interesting is that PJ Hall is the guy who beat him on the pass rush, a guy who’s ass he kicked just a few weeks ago during the semi-finals.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 08:07 PM
What I found interesting is that PJ Hall is the guy who beat him on the pass rush, a guy who’s ass he kicked just a few weeks ago during the semi-finals. It was just one play. Now and then the other guy gets by.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't think Weineke or Goddert have had a pass their way. I missed a few plays though. Weineke is not getting any separation on the plays where you can see him.

mtoutfitter
01-20-2018, 08:13 PM
I don't think Weineke or Goddert have had a pass their way. I missed a few plays though. Weineke is not getting any separation on the plays where you can see him.

Could be because Goeddert is playing in the Senior Bowl....not the Shrine game.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks I should have known that, but clear Weineke not getting open for anything. Fountain from UNI doing very well.

gumby013
01-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Good lord Briscoe has regressed in the past month.

EC8CH
01-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Mayock laying into Briscoe... Hilarious.

gumby013
01-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Just watch, Fountain will thrive in the NFL,and Farley will have wasted another elite talent.

SDbison
01-20-2018, 09:24 PM
If Farley and UNI can get a receiver like Fountain why can't NDSU?

bruinbison
01-20-2018, 09:56 PM

IIRC the Bison did offer, but there is a family (?) connection to UNI for Fountain.
Family member on broadcast team for UNI maybe???

Fountain got a lot of good Press from the NFL scouts at practices.
Too bad he dropped that 4th down pass, not an easy catch to be sure, but could have extended the drive. All they needed was a FG to tie.

Bisonator98
01-20-2018, 11:00 PM
IIRC the Bison did offer, but there is a family (?) connection to UNI for Fountain.
Family member on broadcast team for UNI maybe???

Fountain got a lot of good Press from the NFL scouts at practices.
Too bad he dropped that 4th down pass, not an easy catch to be sure, but could have extended the drive. All they needed was a FG to tie.

I think you are thinking about Rima actually. I don't think we recruited Fountain.

Christopher Moen
01-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Good lord Briscoe has regressed in the past month.

Did J.T. Barrett get any better in the game? I stopped watching after the third quarter and he looked terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devin45k
01-20-2018, 11:34 PM

We don't pass a crazy amount compared to other colleges

56BISON73
01-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Did J.T. Barrett get any better in the game? I stopped watching after the third quarter and he looked terrible.

Maylock was kissing his ass all game long.

thebigund
01-21-2018, 12:37 AM

Not really. I've never been impressed with him though so maybe I'm just an asshole.

Bison Dan
01-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Not really. I've never been impressed with him though so maybe I'm just an asshole.

How about your boy Briscoe? I told you as soon as he gets against good competition he's not very good. Your 0-2 in your talent assessments.

oldmantutters
01-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Can you imagine what Briscoe would have done against that UND defense?!?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
01-21-2018, 06:20 PM
So....six players in the Shrine Bowl were from the MVFC. That has to be around half of the total number of FCS players?

thebigund
01-21-2018, 07:46 PM
How about your boy Briscoe? I told you as soon as he gets against good competition he's not very good. Your 0-2 in your talent assessments.

Maybe he’s got little baby hands like you and has trouble with the wider NFL ball?

Bison Dan
01-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Maybe he’s got little baby hands like you and has trouble with the wider NFL ball?

Why don't you just man up and admit that you're wrong and a piss poor judge of FB talent.

Frisco Jason
01-22-2018, 03:43 PM
For the Bison I think the following players will make it:
LB- Nick DeLuca: 4th or 5th round
S- Tre Dempsey 7th round or free agent (FA) invite; OG/C Austin Kuhnert: 7th round or FA invite
WR- RJ Urzendowski: FA invite or Canadian Football League (CFL)
I at least hope they will all make it! Chris Streveler at QB from USD also I think FA or CFL; Brett Taylor LB for Western Ill: FA invite

mtoutfitter
01-22-2018, 08:45 PM
For the Bison I think the following players will make it:
LB- Nick DeLuca: 4th or 5th round
S- Tre Dempsey 7th round or free agent (FA) invite; OG/C Austin Kuhnert: 7th round or FA invite
WR- RJ Urzendowski: FA invite or Canadian Football League (CFL)
I at least hope they will all make it! Chris Streveler at QB from USD also I think FA or CFL; Brett Taylor LB for Western Ill: FA invite

How about Fischer? I would think if somebody is looking for a long snapper that he would get a look.

AKBison
01-22-2018, 10:51 PM
I love RJ Legendowski and he is an all time NDSU great, but he is not going to get a FA offer. I don't see Tre getting drafted but he will definitely get to camp somewhere. Who knows about Austin, if he can stay healthy and have an excellent pro pro day then who knows. Big Zac Johnson coming back for pro day this year?

Frisco Jason
01-23-2018, 02:37 PM
How about Fischer? I would think if somebody is looking for a long snapper that he would get a look.

Your are correct; I completely missed him in my reply! Coach Klieman said late last season that he thought James Fisher would have a good chance to snap on Sundays in the NFL! I apologize for the oversight; I think he has an excellent chance especially due to how much long snapper is valued by NFL teams!

tolnabison
01-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Senior Bowl weigh-ins and practices start today.

Nick measured in at 6-2 and 243 lbs.

Goedert 6-4 and 260 lbs.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2018-senior-bowl-weigh-in-results/

thebigund
01-23-2018, 03:40 PM
Why don't you just man up and admit that you're wrong and a piss poor judge of FB talent.

Because I’m not.

thebigund
01-23-2018, 03:42 PM

Goedert 6-4 and 260 lbs.

It’s amazing how college players shrink.

Bisonator98
01-23-2018, 03:52 PM

Who are you referring to?

Nick was listed at 6'3 and 245 on NDSU's roster. He measured in at 6'-2 7/8" and 243 today.

2011BisonAlumni
01-23-2018, 03:58 PM

Goedert 6-4 and 260 lbs.

It will be interesting to see if Goedart has improved his blocking. Not anywhere close to ready for the pros in pure blocking ability. Teams didn’t expose him enough on this. Should have brought pressure on his side relentlessly.

Christopher Moen
01-23-2018, 04:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if Goedart has improved his blocking. Not anywhere close to ready for the pros in pure blocking ability. Teams didn’t expose him enough on this. Should have brought pressure on his side relentlessly.

Perhaps he needs to get some lessons from Gronk on how to block.

http://i.imgur.com/hYKXUtf.gif

KilldeerBison
01-23-2018, 04:42 PM

....said your UND significant other, please keep you sorted sexual history to yourself.

BadlandsBison
01-23-2018, 06:51 PM

There are plenty of TE1s in the pros that are poor blockers and still play. Passing game impact far outways blocking for TE1s these days.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-23-2018, 10:45 PM
There are plenty of TE1s in the pros that are poor blockers and still play. Passing game impact far outways blocking for TE1s these days.

Watch the Eagles...they use 3 TEs and they are a huge part of their run game.

EC8CH
01-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Goedart apparently got injured at Senior Bowl practice. Picture showed icing his leg.

Bison 4 Life
01-23-2018, 11:08 PM
Goedart apparently got injured at Senior Bowl practice. Picture showed icing his leg.

sure it wasn't a cramp? Maybe he doesn't know better.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2018, 11:39 PM

Goedert 6-4 and 260 lbs.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2018-senior-bowl-weigh-in-results/Nick has huge hands and a 6'7" wing span

23Bison
01-24-2018, 12:36 AM
Has anyone seen or had heard how Nick looked today?

Bisonator98
01-24-2018, 12:40 AM
Has anyone seen or had heard how Nick looked today?

Caught a little snippet on the news, sounded like he impressed today.

56BISON73
01-24-2018, 12:43 AM
Anyone know when the Televised practices are?

jarhead
01-24-2018, 12:48 AM
I only saw him in the team scrimmage at the end of practice. I'm guessing they ran around 20 plays or so. Nick ran with and called sets for the first group and Mike McCray from Michigan was with the second group. The first set, Nick was in position to make clean tackles on two running plays, dropped into coverage on a pass play (Baker Mayfield tossed a perfect ball between
Nick and the DB for a completion). The second set he ran he got tied up at the second level by an O-lineman on a run up the middle but would have made the tackle for a 4 or 5 yard gain and
he had good coverage on a RB in the flat but the ball went to someone else. I thought he looked good.

jarhead
01-24-2018, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=56BISON73;1264443]Anyone know when the Televised practices are?[/QUOTE

Practices are televised on NFL Network from noon to 5 PM tomorrow and Thursday with recaps from 7 to 8 PM Wednesday and Thursday eves.

Also, here is a recap of todays practice. Keep in mind it's only one man's opinion.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-north-team-page

bri-dog
01-24-2018, 01:37 AM
He went to Purdue? Who knew???

56BISON73
01-24-2018, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=56BISON73;1264443]Anyone know when the Televised practices are?[/QUOTE

Practices are televised on NFL Network from noon to 5 PM tomorrow and Thursday with recaps from 7 to 8 PM Wednesday and Thursday eves.

Also, here is a recap of todays practice. Keep in mind it's only one man's opinion.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-north-team-page

Thank you!

westnodak93bison
01-24-2018, 03:42 AM
DeLuca is slow laterally?

StL Bison Fan
01-24-2018, 05:07 AM
DeLuca is slow laterally?

They are writing about the Nick Deluca from Purdue :(

SDbison
01-24-2018, 06:33 PM
The writer of that article has such a hard on for the kid from Purdue that he could not think straight, let alone laterally, and just put Purdue as Nick's school since he likely doesn't care.

gumby013
01-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Mayock talking up Nick and NDSU.

23Bison
01-24-2018, 07:22 PM
DeLuca with and int during 7 on 7 but of course they weren’t filming that at the time.

Mr Meaty
01-24-2018, 08:56 PM
DeLuca with and int during 7 on 7 but of course they weren’t filming that at the time.

My sources say Denver is interested in DeLuca.

BisManBison
01-24-2018, 09:38 PM

Cleveland and Carolina interested. Please Dear God, not Cleveland, anywhere but Cleveland.

Pittsburgh!! Pittsburgh could use some new linebackers!

Bison"FANatic"
01-24-2018, 09:42 PM
If you have an interview with Cleveland just say "I play football, then I pick things up and put them down"

Anywhere but Cleveland if there has ever been a team in professional sports that should be contracted they are it. Have they not ruined enough athletes careers already?

westnodak93bison
01-24-2018, 10:28 PM
Cleveland and Carolina interested. Please Dear God, not Cleveland, anywhere but Cleveland.

Pittsburgh!! Pittsburgh could use some new linebackers!Just think how much he could teach the Steelers staff about football

Christopher Moen
01-24-2018, 10:53 PM

Denver needs an ILB with leadership skills worse than than they need a QB. Please Mr. Elway, make this happen!

bruinbison
01-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Read that Dallas Goedert is out with a hamstring injury and will miss the Senior Bowl. Too bad, hope he is healthy for the Combine.

EC8CH
01-24-2018, 10:56 PM
For anyone interested here are some twitter gifs of old number 49 making plays at the senior bowl:

Tackle on a pitch with some Mike Mayock NDSU lovefest:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/956290761657671680

Pick during 7 on 7. Can't tell if it is Josh Allen at QB or not:

https://twitter.com/Dr_Brumley/status/956277576670040064

bri-dog
01-24-2018, 11:06 PM
For anyone interested here are some twitter gifs of old number 49 making plays at the senior bowl:

Tackle on a pitch with some Mike Mayock NDSU lovefest:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/956290761657671680

Pick during 7 on 7. Can't tell if it is Josh Allen at QB or not:

https://twitter.com/Dr_Brumley/status/956277576670040064

I believe it was Tanner Lee from Nebraska. DeLuca probably liked intercepting a Husker... :)

Christopher Moen
01-24-2018, 11:23 PM
I believe it was Tanner Lee from Nebraska. DeLuca probably liked intercepting a Husker... :)

Yes, that was Tanner Lee being picked off. Is your boss missing him yet?

bri-dog
01-24-2018, 11:25 PM
Yes, that was Tanner Lee being picked off. Is your boss missing him yet?

Don't think so. :)

EC8CH
01-24-2018, 11:41 PM

You are correct. Another tweet of the gif specifically names Tanner Lee.

thebigund
01-25-2018, 12:42 AM
Who are you referring to?

Nick was listed at 6'3 and 245 on NDSU's roster. He measured in at 6'-2 7/8" and 243 today.

College players who get measured for the combine or any non school entity are who I’m referring to.

EndZoneQB
01-25-2018, 03:21 AM
You are correct. Another tweet of the gif specifically names Tanner Lee.

Those are actually videos, not gifs. Gifs don't have sound and are technically an image file.

bruinbison
02-07-2018, 04:08 AM
ESPN’s Todd McShay has Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta up to #8 in his QB rankings after his Senior Bowl performance. McShay is also now projecting 4 QB’s to be selected in the 1st round, which is also good news for Lauletta’s draft prospects. (Lauletta Currently a 4th - 5th round projection)

Lauletta played against the Bison at the FargoDome in the 2015 playoffs. He was 12-26, 171 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

BisonNeil
02-07-2018, 08:50 AM
An interesting read from Craig Haley on FCS players invited to the combine. Three from Jacksonville State alone. Is there a more over-rated coach who gets less out of his players than John Grass? (Other than Farley perhaps?)

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180206143632124349404

scottietohottie
02-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Did Lauletta play against the fhawkers December 2016?

Maybe the bigundies could give us his insight on this one.

I'm guessing he must be the real deal to go up to Grand forks and come away with a win.

Da Bison
02-08-2018, 02:05 AM
Did Lauletta play against the fhawkers December 2016?

Maybe the bigundies could give us his insight on this one.

I'm guessing he must be the real deal to go up to Grand forks and come away with a win.I think he was injured. They played the backup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
02-08-2018, 02:14 AM
I think he was injured. They played the backup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking that as well.

CAS4127
02-21-2018, 12:28 AM
LMAO:
https://twitter.com/coachdshack/status/965953917648556032

bruinbison
03-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Jake Wieneke clocks in at 4.67 in the 40, 9 in the bench press, 34” vertical at the NFL Combine.

Dallas Goedert does 23 reps in the bench press, will wait on the 40 until SDSU pro day due to hamstring injury in the Senior Bowl.

Bison"FANatic"
03-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately very underwhelming. Goedert has had more owies than a 3 year old this year. Talk about a red flag. That isn't going to fly in the NFL. He has the talent but you have to be on the field to use it.

bruinbison
03-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Davontae Harris of Illinois State was also at the NFL combine.
CB - 6’ 0” 200 - ran 4.43 in the 40 - 22 reps in the bench press

Prospect grade of 5.14 - (Better than average chance to make NFL roster)

bruinbison
03-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Also at SDSU’s Pro Day, USD QB Chris Streveler::eek:

Jay Elsen
@ElsenMidcoSN
Summary of @cstrevy’s Pro Day performance:
Vert - 38.5”
Broad Jump - 10’5”
40 - 4.45 (unofficial)

Bests for QBs at NFL Combine:
Vert - 33.5” (Allen, WYO)
Broad Jump - 9’11” (Allen, WYO)
40 - 4.63 (Flowers, USF)

Also told Streveler “killed it” throwing the ball.
@SDCoyotesFB

Followed by:

Jay Elsen
@ElsenMidcoSN
·
1h
Exchanged some messages with @SDCoyotesFB’s @cstrevy. He said he spoke with representatives from 4 unspecified teams following pro day performance. Added that his agent’s phone has apparently been “blowing up” all afternoon.

TAILG8R
03-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Good for him. Ran into him and a couple other USD players in Frisco. Great kids.

HerdistheWord
03-30-2018, 11:18 PM
Also at SDSU’s Pro Day, USD QB Chris Streveler::eek:

Followed by:

I'm rooting for the guy. It is BS that he did not get invited to the combine. Phenomenal athlete and seems to throw pretty well if i recall.

bruinbison
03-30-2018, 11:33 PM
More #’s for Streveler:

nafelt
@ChrisShanafelt
Hand size for Streveler 8 4/8. Arm 31 3/8. Wingspan 74 1/8

Apparently no one asked if he was willing to switch positions (would be great #’s for a WR).
By NFL QB standards he is a bit smaller than ideal, but you don’t find Carson Wentz size QB’s everywhere. Saw Streveler listed at 6’ 1 1/2” 209 at Pro Day.

BadlandsBison
03-30-2018, 11:52 PM
I've said it before, Streveler is a monster.

Since he was in the super-hurry-up offense I'm guessing he didn't have much responsibility with audibles or play calling. That may be his big weakness.

bison_by_blood
03-31-2018, 01:14 AM
More #’s for Streveler:

Apparently no one asked if he was willing to switch positions (would be great #’s for a WR).
By NFL QB standards he is a bit smaller than ideal, but you don’t find Carson Wentz size QB’s everywhere. Saw Streveler listed at 6’ 1 1/2” 209 at Pro Day.

Is that hand size a typo? I can’t recall seeing a NFL QB ever with hands that small.

TAILG8R
03-31-2018, 01:34 AM
Is that hand size a typo? I can’t recall seeing a NFL QB ever with hands that small.Yeah that is really small for a football player. He is a hell of an athlete and some team would be smart to bring him in, see what he can do at QB for a week or so and then move him to wr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bruinbison
03-31-2018, 02:40 AM
From March 3:

Jake Wieneke clocks in at 4.67 in the 40, 9 in the bench press, 34” vertical at the NFL Combine.

Dallas Goedert does 23 reps in the bench press, will wait on the 40 until SDSU pro day due to hamstring injury in the Senior Bowl.

Today, Dallas Goedert still did not run the 40, but participated in other drills:

Todd McShay
Todd McShay
@McShay13
·
2h
SDSU TE Dallas Goedert killed Pro Day today. Combo of 6.86 3cone, 4.07 short shuttle, 35” Vert., and 10-1 Broad would be really good for a 200 lb WR. Dallas weighs 257. People complaining about him not running a 40 (post SR Bowl inj) are laughable. He and Hurst easily top 2 TEs

EndZoneQB
03-31-2018, 03:40 AM
I've said it before, Streveler is a monster.

Since he was in the super-hurry-up offense I'm guessing he didn't have much responsibility with audibles or play calling. That may be his big weakness.

Talked to him a bit on the sidelines this year, seems like a kid everyone on his team wanted to go to battle for. As much as I wanted to crush USD, someone I was definitely rooting for outside of our game.

EC8CH
03-31-2018, 04:02 AM
Talked to him a bit on the sidelines this year, seems like a kid everyone on his team wanted to go to battle for. As much as I wanted to crush USD, someone I was definitely rooting for outside of our game.

Tough as nails too. Easy player to root for.

VirginiaBison
03-31-2018, 01:55 PM
Today, Dallas Goedert still did not run the 40, but participated in other drills:

Eagle spotted scouting Dallas Goedert.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Eagles-TE-coach-spotted-scouting-Dallas-Goedert--116855174

Elsewhere at least one talk head analyst mock draft has the Eagle taking Goedert with their 1st round pick.

sbark
04-16-2018, 02:44 AM
See the Cowboys have a official visit for Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa...............6/7th round?

Christopher Moen
04-17-2018, 06:06 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23190025/2018-nfl-draft-how-south-dakota-state-tight-end-dallas-goedert-became-projected-first-round-pick

bruinbison
04-20-2018, 01:27 AM
Craig Haley’s update on some FCS draft prospect:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180416112326478550804&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

P. J. Hall’s note stood out, really tested well:

P.J. Hall, Sam Houston State, DT, 6-0, 308 - As if his four-year production wasn't enough - 42 sacks and an FCS-record 86½ tackles for loss - the All-American Hall blew up his pro day with athleticism, including 4.73-second speed in the 40-yard dash and a 38-inch vertical leap, and power, as he cranked out 36 reps on the 225-pound bench press. He's now viewed with a fifth-round grade.

VirginiaBison
04-23-2018, 09:54 AM
"Tommy Lawlor's Final Eagles-Only Mock Draft"

FTA: Seventh Round (No. 250 Overall): LB Nick DeLuca, North Dakota State

Jordan Hicks is on pace to be ready for the 2018 season. When healthy, he gives the Eagles one of the best young linebackers in the NFL. Unfortunately, Hicks has had injury issues in two of his three years, so the team could use some long-term insurance at middle linebacker.

DeLuca started at middle linebacker for 2 1/2 years for the Bison. He racked up 329 tackles and deflected 17 passes. At 251 pounds, he has the size to play the run. DeLuca also shows the potential to be effective in coverage. He could also be outstanding on special teams. DeLuca helped himself with a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Tommy-Lawlors-Final-Eagles-Only-Mock-Draft/0a79b878-cb3d-46b7-a69b-33cd2904b04e

Bison"FANatic"
04-27-2018, 12:42 AM
Are the browns called that because their head is up their ass and it turns them brown

natstar1
04-27-2018, 01:01 AM
Are the browns called that because their head is up their ass and it turns them brown

NFC talk only.

VirginiaBison
04-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Dallas G to the Eagles!

BFKasper14
04-28-2018, 12:23 AM
Dallas G to the Eagles!

The Wentz, Dallas connection! That’ll be fun to watch!

SDbison
04-28-2018, 12:24 AM
Wentz to Goedert! MVFC connection!

Christopher Moen
04-28-2018, 01:03 AM
PJ Hall to the Raiders. Sweet, now I get to watch my team beat him at least twice a year!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Tony Almeida
04-28-2018, 02:11 AM
PJ Hall to the Raiders. Sweet, now I get to watch my team beat him at least twice a year!I hear ya but I like John Gruden, I'm going to miss him on MNF.

Scooter1
04-28-2018, 02:24 AM
Great for PJ. Good athlete.

Dallas to the Eagles should be fun to watch.

sambini
04-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Dallas to the Eagles this is gonna rock.

bruinbison
04-28-2018, 12:31 PM
Todd McShay has a Day 2 summary article.
He puts players into several categories, including best value, favorite fits and biggest reach.
Dallas Goedert made the favorite fits list of players. The Eagles had lost TE Trey Burton to Chicago in free agency so had a big need at TE. Considers him to be a future playmaker for Wentz.

Only one player was on the biggest reach list - P. J. Hall.
McShay likes Hall as a player and as an athlete, but had him ranked #157 and he was chosen at #57. So Gruden & Oakland could have waited and drafted Hall later.

If you are Austin Kuhnert’s agent, you’d better have some highlights of Kuhnert blocking P. J. Hall included in his info package to help him get signed as an undrafted free agent (or even better, a late round pick).

Paul Gutierrez
ESPN Staff Writer

"My mom called and said, Maybe Mr. Davis was making picks from heaven." - Jon Gruden, on the plethora of draft picks with second-chance, small school and height-weight-speed backgrounds.

Am looking forward to Oakland drafting LB Nick DeLuca early today......:)

DeLuca is the 4th ranked ILB remaining according to ESPN. Iowa’s Josey Jewel (played against NDSU) is #1 for remaining ILB’s, Wisconsin Badger Jack Cichy is #5 (info for DaBison and other Shanley folks & fans..... :))

Northern Iowa’s Daurice Fountain is the #2 ranked remaining WR for Day 3 of the draft.

Richmond’s Kyle Lauletta is the 2nd ranked player remaining overall (QB).

Cole Reyes of the Fighting Hawks is the 18th ranked S remaining, so there is a chance......

IzzyFlexion
04-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Iowa LB Josey Jewell to Denver.
#108 overall.

bruinbison
04-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta to the Giants in the 4th.
Didn’t notice any NDSU game among his film highlights......:)

MNLonghorn10
04-28-2018, 04:34 PM
any highlights from the NDSU game?

Christopher Moen
04-28-2018, 05:32 PM
any highlights from the NDSU game?

They couldn’t find any. However, his back-up’s back-up had plenty against the other North Dakota DI school.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

bruinbison
04-28-2018, 06:28 PM
CB Devontae Harris of Illinois State drafted by Cincinnati in the 5th round.

gumby013
04-28-2018, 07:00 PM
Fountain to the Colts.

CyPanth
04-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Fountain to the Colts.

Fountain looked really good in the all-star games. I think he helped himself after the season. Glad he gets his chance in the league.

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Nicks bad combine destroyed his stock. Drafts almost over. Long snappers and fullbacks are getting picked in front of him

TAILG8R
04-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Nicks bad combine destroyed his stock. Drafts almost over. Long snappers and fullbacks are getting picked in front of himTons of LBs off the board in 6 and 7th round too. He will get into a camp and earn his way on a tram.

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 10:31 PM
Tons of LBs off the board in 6 and 7th round too. He will get into a camp and earn his way on a tram.

Absolutely. It's just lame that he's not getting drafted. The Eagles drafted a rugby player who has never played a snap of football and DeLuca doesn't get drafted. Right after the senior bowl has a potential 3-4th rounder. What's annoying is anyone who watches Bison games knows he runs like a deer when healthy

MAKBison
04-28-2018, 11:09 PM
Absolutely. It's just lame that he's not getting drafted. The Eagles drafted a rugby player who has never played a snap of football and DeLuca doesn't get drafted. Right after the senior bowl has a potential 3-4th rounder. What's annoying is anyone who watches Bison games knows he runs like a deer when healthy

Might be lame, but there is a popular thought that if you are not drafted in the top 5 rounds your better off to not be drafted....you can pick the best place that gives you a shot at making a squad. Of course, garnetted $$$ is always nice.

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:16 PM
Might be lame, but there is a popular thought that if you are not drafted in the top 5 rounds your better off to not be drafted....you can pick the best place that gives you a shot at making a squad. Of course, garnetted $$$ is always nice.

True. Many 5-7 rounders are there just to fill out depth or headcount to prevent injuries to starters. Nick can find the perfect situation where the system fits his skills and can legitimately compete

natstar1
04-28-2018, 11:17 PM

FCS LB with injury history. Is it that shocking he didn't get drafted?

NDSUstudent
04-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Jake Wieneke to the Vikes.

bruinbison
04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Jackrabbits’ WR Jake Wieneke to the Vikings as an undrafted free agent.

NDSUstudent
04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
I've confirmed Nick DeLuca is a Tennessee Titan! The former Bison linebacker took a free agency deal before the draft finished. @NDSUfootball

https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/990369634061881344

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:21 PM
FCS LB with injury history. Is it that shocking he didn't get drafted?

Shoulder is healed. Knee wasnt a serious tear. Dude was invited to the senior bowl and on the Butkus list so he wasnt just some fcs guy. His size is also prototypical and is great in coverage. It's all about the combine

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:25 PM

That's awesome! Figured something was up because Nick is way better than a 7th rounder

NDSU92
04-28-2018, 11:26 PM

May be a dumb question, but how can he accept a UFA deal before the draft ended? What if someone else intended to draft him?

HerdBot
04-28-2018, 11:29 PM
May be a dumb question, but how can he accept a UFA deal before the draft ended? What if someone else intended to draft him?

Wondering that myself. Heck otherwise The Vikings could have swept in and signed Bo Jackson before he was drafted

EC8CH
04-28-2018, 11:30 PM

Maybe it was contingent on not being drafted?

mtoutfitter
04-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Wondering that myself. Heck otherwise The Vikings could have swept in and signed Bo Jackson before he was drafted

Probably just agreed before the draft that if he wasn't drafted that he would sign a FA deal immediately after.

NDSU92
04-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Probably just agreed before the draft that if he wasn't drafted that he would sign a FA deal immediately after.

Ahhh... the old "If we're both not married in 10 years" agreement. Gotcha

HerdistheWord
04-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Hopefully Dempsey and Kuhnert get deals too. Eagles could use some safety depth.

NDSUstudent
04-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Chris Board to the Ravens

@GetOn_BoarD
24m24 minutes ago
Truly blessed and thankful for the opportunity

https://twitter.com/GetOn_BoarD/status/990372856147177472

HerdistheWord
04-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Chris Board to the Ravens

@GetOn_BoarD
24m24 minutes ago
Truly blessed and thankful for the opportunity

https://twitter.com/GetOn_BoarD/status/990372856147177472

Good for him. 20 nfl reps at pro day is helping out.

perthbison
04-29-2018, 12:26 AM
Might be lame, but there is a popular thought that if you are not drafted in the top 5 rounds your better off to not be drafted....you can pick the best place that gives you a shot at making a squad. Of course, garnetted $$$ is always nice.I think Terrel Davis and Tom Brady were both sixth rounders

NDSU1980
04-29-2018, 12:29 AM

Yet another reason for me to cheer against the vikes. Sorry, they've never been my cup of tea.

bruinbison
04-29-2018, 12:40 AM

This surprised me, with the Vikings already having signed Concordia/CFL veteran free agent Brandon Zielstra, had thought Wieneke would have looked elsewhere.

VirginiaBison
04-29-2018, 12:46 AM
Sat. 8:40 p.m.: The Eagles will sign Sam Houston State quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe, according to the school's director of football operations. In a high-flying offense the past two season, Briscoe racked up 9,602 passing yards and 102 touchdowns.

the Eagles will have room to bring in as many as 17 undrafted free agents.

bruinbison
04-29-2018, 01:11 AM
Jackrabbit DT Kellen Soulek gets a camp invite from Indianapolis.
Big, stout run-stuffer, may have a chance. (6’ 5” 315)

NDSUstudent
04-29-2018, 01:17 AM
Brian Shawn
@BShawnMidcoSN
Following Following @BShawnMidcoSN
Another Wentz is getting an NFL opportunity! Former NDSU TE-Connor Wentz with the San Francisco 49ers! Mini-Camp invite, good luck!

https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/990399006462431232

MAKBison
04-29-2018, 01:31 AM
I think Terrel Davis and Tom Brady were both sixth rounders

Correct! I hope ND has their success.....there are always outliers.

The notion is being a UFA allows one to pick the place they might have more success at whereas being drafted one has no say and might not be in the best possible situation.

The flip side is drafted equates to guaranteed $$$. Plus, you get to belong to a pretty cool fraternity.

At the end of camp, the only thing that matters is if you make a squad or practice squad.

Here is to ND and the other Bison make a squad!!!!

NDSU1980
04-29-2018, 02:13 AM
Anything on James Fischer? I would think he'd get a look from someone out there. He's too good to just have his football career end now.

EC8CH
04-29-2018, 03:41 AM
Per Keith Brake Kuhnert has Vikes mini camp invite:

https://twitter.com/The_BrakeDown/status/990432096492687360?s=19

ByeSonBusiness
04-29-2018, 04:06 AM
Anything on James Fischer? I would think he'd get a look from someone out there. He's too good to just have his football career end now.

There are a very small number of people who get to do his job. Like...incredibly small. Tough to get a job there.

El_Chapo
04-29-2018, 01:29 PM
Shoulder is healed. Knee wasnt a serious tear. Dude was invited to the senior bowl and on the Butkus list so he wasnt just some fcs guy. His size is also prototypical and is great in coverage. It's all about the combine

Deluca should of left after his sophomore year. Bad personal decision

MNLonghorn10
04-29-2018, 02:15 PM
That gibson guy from MSUM is going to Green Bay it looks like, UDFA

Vet70
04-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Recent UDFA update.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/28/17293694/nfl-draft-udfa-signings-tracker-results-2018

NDSU1980
04-29-2018, 05:56 PM
Top FCS players that didn't get drafted
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/top-10-fcs-players-went-undrafted-232237793--ncaaf.html

westnodak93bison
04-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Tanguay?

bri-dog
04-29-2018, 08:21 PM

Invited to Bears' mini-camp according to Izzo on twitter.

Vet70
04-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Summary of FCS players drafted.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/2018-nfl-draft-selections-from-the-fcs-042818

HerdistheWord
04-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Tanguay?

Him and Dempsey. I wish they could get a shot.

HerdistheWord
04-29-2018, 09:59 PM
I also want to see Chris Streveler get a chance.

NovaBison
04-29-2018, 10:26 PM
Him and Dempsey. I wish they could get a shot.

Alliance of American Football? https://aaf.com/

Dream aint over yet! Streveler too

BisManBison
04-30-2018, 04:18 AM
Tanguay and Kuhnert to Vikings minicamp.

MNLonghorn10
04-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Yet another reason for me to cheer against the vikes. Sorry, they've never been my cup of tea.Not that I care who you cheer for, but this is a pie to the face post.

devin45k
04-30-2018, 01:22 PM
Alliance of American Football? https://aaf.com/

Dream aint over yet! Streveler too

They tried the United Football league like 8 years ago and this looks eerily similar. It will probably flop after a season or 2 also.

Hammerhead
04-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Yet another reason for me to cheer against the vikes. Sorry, they've never been my cup of tea.

I had no problems rooting for Jimmy Kleinsasser as a Viking.

cbline
04-30-2018, 02:25 PM
I had no problems rooting for Jimmy Kleinsasser as a Viking.

I did. He had hands of stone as a Viking.

bruinbison
04-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Jay Elsen
@ElsenMidcoSN

Just spoke with @SDCoyotesFB alum Chris Streveler (@cstrevy). While he's still hoping for an NFL opportunity, he does have a training camp invite from the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He received that after participating in their mini-camp last week.
10:23 AM - Apr 30, 2018

Would look good North of the border. Wonder if Streveler has choices in the NFL, especially if he would switch positions. But in Canada can try his hand at QB.

bruinbison
04-30-2018, 08:05 PM
LB Brett Taylor of Western Illinois accepts a Vikings camp offer:

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/4/30/football-taylor-invited-to-vikings-camp.aspx

wagsabison
05-01-2018, 12:15 PM
LB Brett Taylor of Western Illinois accepts a Vikings camp offer:

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/4/30/football-taylor-invited-to-vikings-camp.aspx

It seemed like he was in on every tackle when we played them.

bruinbison
05-01-2018, 02:25 PM
It seemed like he was in on every tackle when we played them.

Yes it did, so was happy to see Minnesota be the team to give him a shot.
Saw a Dylan Cole comp somewhere for Brett Taylor. Cole was that tackling machine for Missouri State in 2016. Also, like Taylor, not a big guy, but he went on to make the Houston Texans as an undrafted rookie last season. Got some pt too.

mtoutfitter
05-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Yes it did, so was happy to see Minnesota be the team to give him a shot.
Saw a Dylan Cole comp somewhere for Brett Taylor. Cole was that tackling machine for Missouri State in 2016. Also, like Taylor, not a big guy, but he went on to make the Houston Texans as an undrafted rookie last season. Got some pt too.

Seemed that I read somewhere that his forty was 4.9.....way behind DeLuca. Not comparing the two, just pointing out a stat that seems to be very important to NFL guys.

westnodak93bison
05-01-2018, 04:58 PM
I did. He had hands of stone as a Viking.Jimmy Kleindropper

HerdistheWord
05-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Did anyone mention that James Fisher has a rookie camp invite from the Bears. Current Tally:

UDFA contract
1. Nick Deluca- Titans
2. Chris Board- Ravens
3. Connor Wentz- 49ers

Rookie Camp Invite
1. Austin Kuhnert- Vikings
2. Nate Tanguay- Vikings
3. James Fisher- Bears
4. Landon Lechler- Vikings and Panthers

Anyone else feel that Tre Dempsey is getting totally snubbed here? It is a very bad time to be a safety in the NFL.

wagsabison
05-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Did anyone mention that James Fisher has a rookie camp invite from the Bears. Current Tally:

UDFA contract
1. Nick Deluca- Titans
2. Chris Board- Ravens
3. Connor Wentz- 49ers

Rookie Camp Invite
2. Nate Tanguay- Vikings
3. James Fisher- Bears

Anyone else feel that Tre Dempsey is getting totally snubbed here? It is a very bad time to be a safety in the NFL.

He was a great player for us but I always thought Tre didn't quite have the size for the next level.

EC8CH
05-04-2018, 12:37 PM
He was a great player for us but I always thought Tre didn't quite have the size for the next level.

Trey definitely punched above his weight class.

NDSU has a good history of undersized yet dominant safeties at the collegiate level.

bruinbison
05-04-2018, 04:33 PM
On to the CFL for USD QB Chris Streveler (Winnipeg)

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/04/bombers-add-two-roster-including-qb-chris-streveler/

CoachFSCB
05-04-2018, 06:34 PM
According to Hero Sports, as of Wednesday morning more than 160 FCS players have either signed a free agent deal or have been invited to NFL minicamps.

Here are the number of players from each FCS conference:

29 - MVFC
28 - OVC
26 - Big Sky
22 - CAA
14 - Southland
10 - SoCon
10 - MEAC
9 - Ivy
9 - Patriot
6 - NEC
3 - Big South
2 - Pioneer
1 - Independent

The player from an independent team is North Alabama receiver Dre Hall. The Lions are transitioning up from Division II.

Between draft picks, undrafted free agents and minicamp invites, Jacksonville State leads the FCS with seven. James Madison and North Dakota State, who faced off in the national title game last January, follow with six each.

Here is the link to the story:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football/conference-most-undrafted-free-agents-minicamp-invites-bzbz

HerdistheWord
05-04-2018, 11:04 PM

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/04/bombers-add-two-roster-including-qb-chris-streveler/

I'd take Streveler over Briscoe any day. I hope he thrives.

HerdistheWord
05-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Connor wentz making an impression.

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/8h34pg/watch_nice_1hand_catch_by_connor_wentz_cousin_of/

devin45k
05-06-2018, 12:17 AM

Probably the hardest team to make it as a QB this season in the CFL. If he shows promise, they will probably consistently put him on the 1 game injury list like Jensen was with the Redblacks so a different team can't get him while they try and develop him.

reformedUNDfan
05-07-2018, 03:36 AM

UDFA contract
1. Nick Deluca- Titans
2. Chris Board- Ravens
3. Connor Wentz- 49ers

Rookie Camp Invite
2. Nate Tanguay- Vikings
3. James Fisher- Bears

Tre isn't big enough or fast enough to play safety in the NFL. He coulda a damn good corner and was big enough to play that position, its where he should have been playing last year IMO

westnodak93bison
05-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Tre isn't big enough or fast enough to play safety in the NFL. He coulda a damn good corner and was big enough to play that position, its where he should have been playing last year IMOHe is fast enough.

HerdistheWord
05-07-2018, 03:03 PM
He is fast enough.

I agree, his 40 (even with the injury) is still fast enough, not blazing, but fast enough for safety. He is maybe an inch too short, but his on field production should compensate for that IMO. He deserved a camp invite at the very least. He and Streveler were snubbed. Hopefull he gets a CFL invite or something

Twincitybizon
05-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Tre was 20-30lbs away from an NFL invite/team. IMO

westnodak93bison
05-07-2018, 04:06 PM
He should take a chance in the cfl or just go into coaching. Based on some of CKs comments he is pretty smart and understands the D well.

oldmantutters
05-07-2018, 06:29 PM
He should take a chance in the cfl or just go into coaching. Based on some of CKs comments he is pretty smart and understands the D well.

He would be a great guy for recruiting.

EC8CH
05-07-2018, 07:30 PM

This is probably the hard truth. He never gained the weight to get up to NFL size. Didn't stop him from hitting hard in college though.

HerdistheWord
05-08-2018, 03:36 AM

Admittedly, i didn't check Trey's weight. I just feel bad for the guy. Worked his butt off, performed on the field, and doesn't even get a chance at his dream.

CalBison97
05-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Connor wentz making an impression.

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/8h34pg/watch_nice_1hand_catch_by_connor_wentz_cousin_of/

A comment from a niner fan on there:

"Part of me just wants this guy to be on the team. FB, TE, OW, I don't care. NDSU is the best in FCS ball. Yes it isn't FBS, but Carson is proof enough that you can get an occasional great player from an FCS program.

I mean, our own starting QB, the great Jimmy G, came from the FCS too..."

southcliffbison
05-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Has anyone heard how our Viking Mini Camp invitees did?

Bison20
05-08-2018, 03:21 PM

I saw the Vikings signed Brett Taylor but nothing on kuenert that I saw
http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-4-Players-Following-Rookie-Minicamp/a3e978fa-ddd9-4356-8b8a-bf33955949dd

HerdistheWord
05-08-2018, 04:38 PM
I saw the Vikings signed Brett Taylor but nothing on kuenert that I saw

That's good news. I always root for the tough, gritty, smart players.

NDSU1980
05-08-2018, 08:33 PM

The vikings never sign any of our players. It's almost as if they try an avoid them for some reason.

TransAmBison
05-08-2018, 08:44 PM
The vikings never sign any of our players. It's almost as if they try an avoid them for some reason.It's a blessing really...gives them a shot at a Superbowl if they get signed by somebody else...

EC8CH
05-08-2018, 08:50 PM
It's a blessing really...gives them a shot at a Superbowl if they get signed by somebody else...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/11/OohBurn.gif

SDbison
05-08-2018, 08:59 PM
It's a blessing really...gives them a shot at a Superbowl if they get signed by somebody else... As a former Viking fan I really enjoyed that comment.

Christopher Moen
05-08-2018, 10:13 PM
It's a blessing really...gives them a shot at a Superbowl if they get signed by somebody else...

Yeah they do.

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/patr0510robinson.jpg
http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/gallery/public/media/ap/bc160248fec24850a4b0a4e205391b10.jpg?itok=C-yoI4u4
http://static-19.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/dc784a3c-459c-4096-ab40-b276f6a706ea-PatriotsGiantsFootb_Alle5.jpg
https://usateagleswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/usatsi_10588738.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

natstar1
05-09-2018, 02:42 AM
The vikings never sign any of our players. It's almost as if they try an avoid them for some reason.
in the last 20 years who makes you say, "wow, we really missed out there?"

2011BisonAlumni
05-09-2018, 03:35 AM

Ramon Humber grew up in Brooklyn Park. Has been a dam fine special teams player and even starting linebacker in the league.

Craig Dahl grew up in Mankato. Had a very nice career including two full seasons as a starter. Always a nice plug and play guy.

Two guys who were local life-long Viking fans....

But fuck them. I’d like to see NDSU players win rings.

wagsabison
05-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Ramon Humber grew up in Brooklyn Park. Has been a dam fine special teams player and even starting linebacker in the league.

Craig Dahl grew up in Mankato. Had a very nice career including two full seasons as a starter. Always a nice plug and play guy.

Just because they didn't ever sign with the Vikings didn't mean there wasn't interest to some extent. They were undrafted guys who had the chance to choose which teams they'd fit with the best, not who they grew up cheering for. I'm a Vikes fan but don't feel like they are obligated to sign NDSU guys because of NDSU's proximity.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2018, 04:27 PM
As a former Viking fan I really enjoyed that comment.

We all still think you're a Viking fan so...

Lmao. Yea humber and dahl were the missing links.

Humber wouldn't be a starter on our defense.

Neither would dahl.

The 2 players you named are a dime a dozen every damn year. They weren't going to suddenly win the Vikings a superbowl.

Good for them for having successful careers...but I nor many ndsu/Viking fans are losing any sleep over this. Just some idiot homer ndsu fans who make a big deal out of nothing.

Vikings weren't getting wentz ever so.

*cue the it worked out for wentz comment*

SDbison
05-09-2018, 05:10 PM
We all still think you're a Viking fan so...

Lmao. Yea humber and dahl were the missing links.

Humber wouldn't be a starter on our defense.

Neither would dahl.

The 2 players you named are a dime a dozen every damn year. They weren't going to suddenly win the Vikings a superbowl.

Good for them for having successful careers...but I nor many ndsu/Viking fans are losing any sleep over this. Just some idiot homer ndsu fans who make a big deal out of nothing.

Vikings weren't getting wentz ever so.

*cue the it worked out for wentz comment* I feel your pain, but wanted more than that in my lifetime.

bruinbison
05-09-2018, 06:46 PM

2016 - Vikings draft OL Willie Beavers in the 4th round (Western Michigan)

2016 - Indianapolis drafts Joe Haeg in the 5th round

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2018, 08:17 PM
2016 - Vikings draft OL Willie Beavers in the 4th round (Western Michigan)

2016 - Indianapolis drafts Joe Haeg in the 5th roundMan Joe haeg really has torn it up on the starting line for one of the worst teams in the league.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2018, 08:18 PM
I feel your pain, but wanted more than that in my lifetime.You'll be back

Christopher Moen
05-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Man Joe haeg really has torn it up on the starting line for one of the worst teams in the league.

Hence why he's played all over the line, especially his rookie season.

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/IND/article-images/2016/players/Screen-Shot-2016-12-08-at-72437-AM.png

abc123
05-09-2018, 09:54 PM

He graded out as a below average lineman last year. The Vikings already have plenty of those. But you're right, he did have that great game against the Jets his rookie year.

natstar1
05-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Craig Dahl, Ramon Humber could never hold a starting spot or stick with a team. Probably right around league average and easily replaceable.

Haeg is better than Beavers. Still not horribly disappointed we didn't draft Haeg.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2018, 10:36 PM

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/IND/article-images/2016/players/Screen-Shot-2016-12-08-at-72437-AM.png

28. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Average offensive lineman grade: 51.7
The Colts rank 27th in pass-blocking efficiency, allowing 60 total pressures on 175 passing plays and while it’s an improvement from 2016 when they were last in the category, this might not comfort Colts fans. The return of center Ryan Kelly should help the unit, but so far left tackle Anthony Castonzo has been the only bright spot on the line — he’s actually tied for the highest run-blocking grade among tackles in the NFL at 87.3. In addition, the Colts overall struggle in the running game. With 40 outside zone plays this season – which is more than average – Colts running backs average minus-0.63 yards before contact on these plays, by far the fewest in the NFL.

Christopher Moen
05-09-2018, 11:15 PM
He graded out as a below average lineman last year. The Vikings already have plenty of those. But you're right, he did have that great game against the Jets his rookie year.

Tends to happen when a player is injured. Joe had neck/shoulder nerve injury last year that he played through. The previous season, he dealt with an ankle injury as a rookie and still played.

bruinbison
05-10-2018, 12:26 AM
What has been missed here is the Vikings cut Willie B, really unusual for a 4th round pick. IIRC they then signed him to the practice squad and when he did play a little, meh.....
So Haeg, as a 5th round pick, would have been better than Willie B.
Haeg is still with Indy, where is Willie???

Vet70
05-10-2018, 12:39 AM
What has been missed here is the Vikings cut Willie B, really unusual for a 4th round pick. IIRC they then signed him to the practice squad and when he did play a little, meh.....

Hanging around with a Seahawks practice and/or futures contract.

MNLonghorn10
05-10-2018, 12:58 AM

fine. Vikings need Joe Haeg. He's the oil to the machine. he'll bring bison toughness.

TransAmBison
05-10-2018, 01:24 AM
Craig Dahl, Ramon Humber could never hold a starting spot or stick with a team. Probably right around league average and easily replaceable.

Haeg is better than Beavers. Still not horribly disappointed we didn't draft Haeg.Wow. Way to run down NDSU players that have had nice long careers.

NDSU1980
05-10-2018, 02:04 AM
I'm actually sorry I brought up the subject of NDSU players and the vikings. I wasn't expecting things to go down the road they did. So, let's move on.

ByeSonBusiness
05-10-2018, 02:09 AM
Jesus what on earth...

This thread..