PDA

View Full Version : Old snorty: photoshop needed

MankatoBison
01-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Hello friends, I need some assistance.

I have two requests for a photoshop guy...

1. I want to see what it would look like with all greens. Helmet, Jersey pants. I just want to see and I can’t find any fan photos online of this.

2. Project old snorty- I need someone to try and put the old snorty logo onto the green helmets. My guess is that it’s going to look pretty damn good.

Who can help me out?
Godspeed

imabison
01-13-2018, 09:29 PM
https://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/_migrated/RTE/RTEmagicC_Charging.Bison.jpg.jpg

The old logo is on this site, but a definite do not use is there also.

BattleBorn
01-14-2018, 12:17 AM
#SnortyOnGreen

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 12:19 AM
I disagree. I've always said they should have put the new bison logo on the harvest helmets.

Honeybooboo
01-14-2018, 12:22 AM
I disagree. I've always said they should have put the new bison logo on the harvest helmets.

Puke...no

They better never change the helmet logo

BattleBorn
01-14-2018, 12:25 AM
I would love to see Snorty in yellow for homecoming, but with the harvest helmets that ship has sailed. Don’t want to be Oregon. Or do we?

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 12:27 AM
I agree. Nothing they can do now. I was just saying I wish they would have. Imo snorty should be on original yellow helmets only. But, too late.

ndsubison1
01-14-2018, 12:43 AM
I dont think all green would look that good. I would like to see green jersey/pants with yellow helmet.

I too, want to see a snorty helmet.

Bison03
01-14-2018, 12:54 AM
I would love to see Snorty in yellow for homecoming, but with the harvest helmets that ship has sailed. Don’t want to be Oregon. Or do we?
I would think they could put snorty on the yellow hemets for one game. They are just stickers. Would be a cool idea for homecoming.

EC8CH
01-14-2018, 12:57 AM
I would think they could put snorty on the yellow hemets for one game. They are just stickers. Would be a cool idea for homecoming.

Guaranteed shutout. Book it.

Prime Power
01-14-2018, 01:02 AM
How come they went away from the white top with yellow pants? I always thought that was a good look.

bisonhp330
01-14-2018, 02:16 AM
The cowardly lion one?!? Put that where they put that rebranding university logo.
Bring back Snorty!

http://i67.tinypic.com/28w2aea.jpg

56BISON73
01-14-2018, 02:35 AM

The one that looks like it came off of an Elmers glue bottle???? Worst logo ever.

Christopher Moen
01-14-2018, 03:36 AM
I dont think all green would look that good. I would like to see green jersey/pants with yellow helmet.

I too, want to see a snorty helmet.

How about all-yellow uni's and helmet?

HerdBot
01-14-2018, 04:38 AM
I like snorty and it looks great on hats, T-shirts, and flags but it doesn't look great on a helmet. I much prefer the more recent helmets. However doing a 1 time helmet would be alright. Problem is it's spendy and the only people who would like it are older people (like me) who actually remember it

Gully
01-14-2018, 01:41 PM

wrong thread...I think you were looking for the preposterous statements thread

Gully
01-14-2018, 01:42 PM

The game would likely sellout as well. I almost guarantee it.

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 02:30 PM
wrong thread...I think you were looking for the preposterous statements thread

Why? If you're a purist you don't change the helmet at all. If your going to have a newer/alternate helmet why not put the newer alternate logo?

Portlandbison
01-14-2018, 04:26 PM
A week after Frisco and we arguing over helmets. This is going to be a long off season.

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 04:34 PM
A week after Frisco and we arguing over helmets. This is going to be a long off season.

We're not arguing. Gullys just wrong and I'm explaining to him why.

StL Bison Fan
01-14-2018, 04:41 PM
We're not arguing. Gullys just wrong and I'm explaining to him why.

Couldn't we be nice to Gully and let him think he is right?

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Couldn't we be nice to Gully and let him think he is right?

Something tells me Gullys going to think he's right regardless. :)

bisonp
01-14-2018, 05:42 PM
The one that looks like it came off of an Elmers glue bottle???? Worst logo ever.

Yellow Beauty and the Beast.

Gully
01-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Something tells me Gullys going to think he's right regardless. :)

You're probably right. You're much more logical than I am. For instance, worrying that your plane is going to go down and blaming a loss on your girly morning drink ritual.

BisonTeacher
01-14-2018, 07:11 PM

I think they should have put this one on the harvest helmets.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41QRKnh7z9L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft %2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

HerdBot
01-14-2018, 07:54 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41QRKnh7z9L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft %2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Meh. I like our current helmet better. If they want to do something unique as a 1 time deal I would do something totally different and fun. The youngums like the flashy stuff. Chrome or something

How about something totally different , not necessarily this but..
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5610&d=1428178293

MankatoBison
01-15-2018, 02:38 PM

Seriously though- can someone just show wha this would look like on our greens?? I would buy one of these helmets so fast I might break the sound barrier

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2018, 02:42 PM
The harvest helmets are PERFECT

PER. FECT.

MankatoBison
01-15-2018, 02:57 PM
The harvest helmets are PERFECT

PER. FECT.

I think we all agree the harvest helmets are absolutely incredible... I just want to SEE what snorty would look like on the greens. Before I die, I just want to see what its like haha

MrSnuffleupagus
01-15-2018, 06:03 PM

Seriously though- can someone just show wha this would look like on our greens?? I would buy one of these helmets so fast I might break the sound barrier

When i get off work ill give it a shot for ya.

MankatoBison
01-15-2018, 06:29 PM
When i get off work ill give it a shot for ya.

No disrespect to Kevin Durant's mother, but.... you da real MVP

Kujava23
01-15-2018, 07:57 PM

I only buy SNORTY apparel--is nice put him on a green 2017 National Championship tshirt

MrSnuffleupagus
01-16-2018, 02:07 AM
Forgive this shotty photoshop job, but I forgot I told you I'd do this so i did this quickly using the mobile photoshop version; you get the idea:

https://i.imgur.com/RlxErII.jpg

56BISON73
01-16-2018, 02:40 AM

I dont think that would look good on the helmets. Snorty looks good on everything.

EC8CH
01-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Forgive this shotty photoshop job, but I forgot I told you I'd do this so i did this quickly using the mobile photoshop version; you get the idea:

I like it alot.

HerdBot
01-16-2018, 04:44 AM

Looks pretty good. Especially since its positioned better than the original helmet. Now if you could match the colors

MankatoBison
01-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Incredible. new prof pic. I owe you one!

Lets make a deal, next time UN_ wins a Natty, I'll buy you 100 beers??

But for real, much appreciated

MrSnuffleupagus
01-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Its actually really hard to find a good picture of the Harvest Helmets from the side. All the promotional photos that NDSU has released are extremely poorly lighted. I was trying to find a nicely exposed side profile with the wheat showing but...no dice.

Does anyone have a GOOD photo of the Harvest Helmets I could work with?

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Its actually really hard to find a good picture of the Harvest Helmets from the side. All the promotional photos that NDSU has released are extremely poorly lighted. I was trying to find a nicely exposed side profile with the wheat showing but...no dice.

Next time you are at scheels take a picture of one :biggrin:

Milkman
01-16-2018, 03:59 PM

That would be problematic with not only text but italicized text in the logo. You would have to reverse the image for the left side of the helmet and then do you reverse the angle of the font so that it points forward or do you leave it so that it points right like in the original logo.

or

Christopher Moen
01-16-2018, 04:34 PM
That would be problematic with not only text but italicized text in the logo. You would have to reverse the image for the left side of the helmet and then do you reverse the angle of the font so that it points forward or do you leave it so that it points right like in the original logo.

or

We could use NASCAR numbers.....

MankatoBison
01-16-2018, 04:38 PM

Do any of these help you in the slightest?

Mayville Bison
01-16-2018, 04:47 PM

One of those mini-desk helmets, so it's not exactly the same (white straps still annoys me on those). Hopefully this works

MrSnuffleupagus
01-16-2018, 04:56 PM

Do any of these help you in the slightest?

The problem with those are most aren't the actual Harvest Helmets. Those cheap knock-offs/mini helmets are a different style helmet all together. They are the old style, whereas the Harvest Helmets we use are more 'sleek' and modern with the vents and what not. The only 'good' shot of them is the one with the football resting on it. Which I considered using, but makes it problematic with the shadows/football. That and I didnt want to pour time into it.

su86
01-17-2018, 12:33 AM
I like snorty and it looks great on hats, T-shirts, and flags but it doesn't look great on a helmet. I much prefer the more recent helmets. However doing a 1 time helmet would be alright. Problem is it's spendy and the only people who would like it are older people (like me) who actually remember it

Not true. We employ several NDSU players every summer and they love the Snorty logo

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Not true. We employ several NDSU players every summer and they love the Snorty logo

C'mon do you really think they would say that they don't love it to their place of employment? I love it but I'm old enough to remember it. The young kids tend like shit like chrome helmets.

56BISON73
01-17-2018, 01:06 AM
C'mon do you really think they would say that they don't love it to their place of employment? I love it but I'm old enough to remember it. The young kids tend like shit like chrome helmets.

Snorty and chrome can be mutually exclusive. So quit telling people what they like and dont like.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2018, 04:23 AM
I love old shorty

And chrome helmets

56BISON73
01-17-2018, 04:24 AM
I love old shorty

And chrome helmets

Many of the young plays love snorty also.

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 05:26 AM
I love old shorty

And chrome helmets

Chrome snorty helmet...

bisonp
01-17-2018, 12:22 PM
F chrome. That was cool when it first came out but it's been done to death at this point. I can't even tell who a lot of these teams are anymore because they keep changing their look so much. Besides, flashy isn't really a good fit.

Snorty actually looks a bit better than I thought he would, probably because he's all yellow instead of essentially an outline like he was on the yellow helmets. Personally I like the harvest helmets as they are, but Snorty would be OK too.

scottietohottie
01-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Now if we could just get that wheat stock changed to a soybean plant.

Jk. I love the wheat stock.

MankatoBison
01-17-2018, 01:42 PM
F chrome. That was cool when it first came out but it's been done to death at this point. I can't even tell who a lot of these teams are anymore because they keep changing their look so much. Besides, flashy isn't really a good fit.

Snorty actually looks a bit better than I thought he would, probably because he's all yellow instead of essentially an outline like he was on the yellow helmets. Personally I like the harvest helmets as they are, but Snorty would be OK too.

Agreed. 100%. Chrome is a tell tale sign of a team that is GASPING for a "cool" identity. Oregon did it first, so they have a legitimate look that is unique to them. Everyone after that are idiots. That's not to say some chrome helmets don't look good at all, but chrome is now inseparable from Oregon, and everyone else are just posers- total gimmick.

Milkman
01-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Agreed. 100%. Chrome is a tell tale sign of a team that is GASPING for a "cool" identity. Oregon did it first, so they have a legitimate look that is unique to them. Everyone after that are idiots. That's not to say some chrome helmets don't look good at all, but chrome is now inseparable from Oregon, and everyone else are just posers- total gimmick.

I agree to an extent. If added just for the sake of adding and not having any real reason why then yes totally grasping. Much like a black or grey jersey when those aren't your school colors. But all design elements were first used by someone. This next sentence should probably go in the unpopular opinion section but JMU's white helmets with chrome is well executed. You have a logo with a gold crown and metal spikes on the collar so a shiny metallic surface doesn't seem out of place. On an NDSU helmet it just wouldn't fit. And like others have said just doesn't match our identity.

MankatoBison
01-17-2018, 03:20 PM
I agree to an extent. If added just for the sake of adding and not having any real reason why then yes totally grasping. Much like a black or grey jersey when those aren't your school colors. But all design elements were first used by someone. This next sentence should probably go in the unpopular opinion section but JMU's white helmets with chrome is well executed. You have a logo with a gold crown and metal spikes on the collar so a shiny metallic surface doesn't seem out of place. On an NDSU helmet it just wouldn't fit. And like others have said just doesn't match our identity.

Damn.... Everything you said- I agree with 100%. I have nothing to add, nor detract. hahah.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-17-2018, 03:21 PM
I hear JMU loves chrome.

Milkman
01-17-2018, 04:04 PM
I hear JMU loves chrome.

what's wrong with chrome?

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/valhallachromespray-490x205.jpg

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 04:15 PM

I tend to agree. I'm old school and simple. Kids seem to love it though. I do like the matte finish for something different and the iridescent look if it's a simple classic logo. The over the top busy look is annoying

MankatoBison
01-17-2018, 09:07 PM
I tend to agree. I'm old school and simple. Kids seem to love it though. I do like the matte finish for something different and the iridescent look if it's a simple classic logo. The over the top busy look is annoying

Again- totally agree. I think matte is a nice look for a lot of people and definitely not so good for others. UNI as an example I think is much better as a matte finish rather than glossy- and I think the Gophers in particular was much better matter than the glossy crap they have now (#Elite). UN_ I think looks pretty stupid with the matte, but then again just about anything they do looks stupid, in everyone's opinion.

Vikings Matte= good
Jaguars matte= absolutely retarded

thoughts?

phxbison
01-17-2018, 09:19 PM

This is the one I would like to see also.

Christopher Moen
01-17-2018, 09:40 PM
what's wrong with chrome?

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/valhallachromespray-490x205.jpg

It's been done to death.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l378aV2WtogpWRFTO/source.gif

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Again- totally agree. I think matte is a nice look for a lot of people and definitely not so good for others. UNI as an example I think is much better as a matte finish rather than glossy- and I think the Gophers in particular was much better matter than the glossy crap they have now (#Elite). UN_ I think looks pretty stupid with the matte, but then again just about anything they do looks stupid, in everyone's opinion.

Vikings Matte= good
Jaguars matte= absolutely retarded

thoughts?

Vikings matte is amazing. The original 70s-90s helmet was awesome but then they went to this ugly girly pretty purple which sucked so bad. Similar to the matte UNI which looks great.

UND matte looks like dog shit.

NDSU glossy yellow looks amazing but would probably look hideous in matte.

Vikings old (flat)
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/WHisI8QB6XTw9oKsZiL8iB35nbU=/0x0:2045x3072/920x613/filters:focal(930x887:1256x1213):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55867583/394895.0.jpg
Vikings crappy helmet
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Minnesota+Vikings+v+Pittsburgh+Steelers+SWk0ZMY5Ep 8m.jpg
Vikings New
http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_151129288863902.jpg

UND ugly
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/BO/BOEZNUJCFLDNHAV.20150107120850.jpg

UND insanely ugly
https://mapi.associatedpress.com/v1/items/1fecd2b76a444cb4b14cefaa23cafcfb/preview/preview.jpg?s=460x

Bisonator98
01-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Anyone else think they are over using the harvest helmets? What did they wear them for 3 or 4 games last year? So much for being special.:hide:

MAKBison
01-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Anyone else think they are over using the harvest helmets? What did they wear them for 3 or 4 games last year? So much for being special.:hide:

the players choose so if they choose to wear them all season i am fine with it

MrSnuffleupagus
01-18-2018, 02:50 PM
I say we make the Harvest Helmets the standard, and come up with a super harvest helmet design. Something with Matte, chrome, pinwheels, built-in misters, and racing stripes.

Bisonator98
01-18-2018, 02:58 PM
I say we make the Harvest Helmets the standard, and come up with a super harvest helmet design. Something with Matte, chrome, pinwheels, built-in misters, and racing stripes.

Get off my lawn!

Milkman
01-18-2018, 04:05 PM
I say we make the Harvest Helmets the standard, and come up with a super harvest helmet design. Something with Matte, chrome, pinwheels, built-in misters, and racing stripes.How about this for the logo on our super harvest helmets? The ultimate harvester.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8241&d=1516304258

HerdBot
01-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Where the vent holes are, we could put some spinning rims!
http://adaptivestrategies.com/spintek_ICE882.gif

StL Bison Fan
01-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Needs wifi

Twentysix
01-18-2018, 06:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/RlxErII.jpgIt looks really old, it would be great for a throw back jersey game. Hate it for a regular helmet.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

HerdBot
01-18-2018, 07:08 PM
How about this for the logo on our super harvest helmets? The ultimate harvester.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8241&d=1516304258

Harvester Of Sorrow

HerdThat!
01-18-2018, 08:42 PM

What was the deal with the harvest helmets again?? I thought that they will only be in rotation for 5 years IIRC- is that because the gear itself can only be used for 5 years or was that some sort of agreement when they were funded? they were $500k correct?

Answer Guy
01-18-2018, 09:44 PM
they were $500k correct?

$5,000 each. Sounds about right.

56BISON73
01-19-2018, 03:00 AM
What was the deal with the harvest helmets again?? I thought that they will only be in rotation for 5 years IIRC- is that because the gear itself can only be used for 5 years or was that some sort of agreement when they were funded? they were $500k correct?

Same thing with the yellow jerseys. Only for special games? That doesnt last long.

CalBison97
01-19-2018, 03:37 AM

I don’t. We’d never lose a game again if we switched to Harvest Helmets full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbline
01-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Where the vent holes are, we could put some spinning rims!
http://adaptivestrategies.com/spintek_ICE882.gif

Put the spinning rims on the running backs' feet. It will make them look even faster. Imagine Ty Brooks with these babies flashing on his feet!

Milkman
01-22-2018, 08:21 PM
Put the spinning rims on the running backs' feet. It will make them look even faster. Imagine Ty Brooks with these babies flashing on his feet!

You mean DaDa Spinners?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/i~cAAOSwZfNaWu3Q/s-l1600.jpg

su86
01-23-2018, 01:39 AM
It was actually a completely unsolicited comment about a hat I was wearing. The player then told me that the guys love the old school look.

56BISON73
01-23-2018, 01:52 AM
It was actually a completely unsolicited comment about a hat I was wearing. The player then told me that the guys love the old school look.

I get that quite a bit when talking to the younger guys. They ask where I got it. I tell them to take it to Scheels they will embroider it on anything you want.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-23-2018, 12:41 PM
You mean DaDa Spinners?

Spreewells, man.

Milkman
01-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Spreewells, man.

In high school a teammate had a pair in white. They were the tackiest, ugliest shoes on the team. They were AWESOME! haha