PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v Alabama Sept 7 2019 @ Jerryworld

El_Chapo
01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
NDSU vs Alabama at Jerry World* Sept 7 2019

NDSU buys out und game on Sept 7 2019

Alabama buys out New Mexico State On Sept 7 2019

NDSU makes $2 MILLION, Alabama makes $5 MILLION and Jerry Jones keeps the rest

Watch how fast the Mountain West sends the invite in 2018 if this happens!

SDbison
01-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Our AD would never go for it. Would rather play Stoney Brook.

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
#'s seem accurate. Im in

BisManBison
01-10-2018, 05:52 PM

Sounds awesome!! Ain't you got this done yet?

I wonder what Alabama makes on a home game? And between Alabama and Jerry, I don't think anyone is giving NDSU $2M, they'd start at $1M top end.

Hammerhead
01-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Alabama would make $5M in ticket sales for a home game selling 100,000 tickets at $50 each. Their cheapest single-game tickets last year were $45 for the Mercer game.

ndsubison1
01-10-2018, 06:05 PM
I would love a new starting QB to go against Bama to start the season

Bison03
01-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Bison qb making his college debut against bama...ok. Fun to ponder but never would happen in a million years

KNOW IT ALL
01-10-2018, 06:09 PM
How about another Gopher (chicken shits), K. State, Colorado, Nebraska? I don't think an Alabama matchup would fair well, those kids are monsters. The injuries from that game wouldn't be worth the FCS title you give up that year.

cbline
01-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Mod's, shut this down now, please!

KNOW IT ALL
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM

Your are aware that you can only read a thread if you elect to log into it, right? "Mommy, every time I hit my finger with that hammer it hurts"!!!

semobison
01-10-2018, 06:51 PM

de-lu-sion-al

Adjective

Characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational
argument typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

EC8CH
01-10-2018, 07:05 PM
de-lu-sion-al

Adjective

Characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational

You're right. Bama should have to come to the FargoDome if they want to prove who are the real champs.

scottietohottie
01-10-2018, 07:19 PM

:judges::judges::judges::judges:

56BISON73
01-10-2018, 07:22 PM
And so the off season begins with all of its idiocy. I thought it would have taken a few more weeks to get to this level.

CaBisonFan
01-10-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't think that the drubbing would be quite as bad as some think...if we were a healthier Bison team earlier in the season that is.

Still...I don't want to see this game scheduled.

NoDak
01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
I don't think that the drubbing would be quite as bad as some think...if we were a healthier Bison team earlier in the season that is.

I would like to see THIS team take on Alabama but having a new QB go up against Alabama would be silly. And what would be Alabama's incentive to do this?

aces1180
01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Let's face facts here...The only reason he wants this game scheduled is so that UND gets the boot.

Forget Jerry World, let's add another at Target Field! I bet we can convince Drake to play us there.

Bison bison
01-10-2018, 07:54 PM
I would like to see THIS team take on Alabama but having a new QB go up against Alabama would be silly. And what would be Alabama's incentive to do this?

They clearly question their ability to beat NDSU.

runtheoption
01-10-2018, 08:50 PM
And what would be Alabama's incentive to do this?Because their fans are demanding it. I saw at least 35 signs during the Alabama/Georgia championship game that said "We Want the NDST Bisson."

kab1one
01-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Personally I like the out of the box thinking. Why not play them or Texas A and M. One of the SD teams is playing Nebraska, who would have imagined that 5 years ago.

The one issue though, is the money doesn't seem to work. Would you sell out JerryWorld with Alabama? And if so, if tickets are $80 on average, that is "only" $6-7 million gate. The revenue isn't there for Alabama to do this.

On the flip side, NDSU and UND at Target Field or USBank. That is a winner. 40k tickets at Target Field, 50-60k at USbank. Use at a Fargo job fair, give a ticket to every high school junior and senior in the metro area to recruit them to college in Fargo or Grand Forks.

But we can only dream.

NDSUSR
01-10-2018, 09:25 PM
On the flip side, NDSU and UND at Target Field or USBank. That is a winner. 40k tickets at Target Field, 50-60k at USbank. Use at a Fargo job fair, give a ticket to every high school junior and senior in the metro area to recruit them to college in Fargo or Grand Forks.

But we can only dream.

I wouldnt even go to that game. I think you overestimate the draw potential of NDSU stomping UND.

BisManBison
01-10-2018, 09:26 PM
And so the off season begins with all of its idiocy. I thought it would have taken a few more weeks to get to this level.\

With the early signing period the insanity was bound to come earlier this year.

BisManBison
01-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Because their fans are demanding it. I saw at least 35 signs during the Alabama/Georgia championship game that said "We Want the NDST Bisson."

A lot of Bison fans made their way into the stadium eh? :biggrin:

NDSU1980
01-10-2018, 09:28 PM

He's already on moderation, so the mods actually approved it. I agree, the dumbest thing I've seen lakes post in a while, and that's saying something consider what lakes usually posts.

We ain't playing Bama in a million years.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-10-2018, 09:43 PM
He's already on moderation, so the mods actually approved it. I agree, the dumbest thing I've seen lakes post in a while, and that's saying something consider what lakes usually posts.

Exactly, they will continue to play an awful non-conference schedule and they will still believe they will get in with a loss and no conference title "because they are Alabama."

BisonTeacher
01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Why would Alabama do this?
It increases their strength of schedule!!!!

Because their fans are demanding it. I saw at least 35 signs during the Alabama/Georgia championship game that said "We Want the university of North dakota Bisson."
Fify.

Green1
01-10-2018, 10:30 PM
I think you guys are being too hard on Lakes. I think he knows it's a pipe dream but the idea will spark some discussion. I also think that advancement comes with a "what if" attitude. This thread is a harmless mental exercise.

scbison91
01-10-2018, 10:36 PM
I think you guys are being too hard on Lakes. I think he knows it's a pipe dream but the idea will spark some discussion. I also think that advancement comes with a "what if" attitude. This thread is a harmless mental exercise. they discussed it on insiders today and were having fun with it.

unbison
01-10-2018, 10:47 PM

The insanity continues

Bison03
01-10-2018, 11:20 PM
One of the SD teams is playing Nebraska, who would have imagined that 5 years ago.
I could have imagined that....since it did happen when SDSU actually played Nebraska in 2013.

Elvis was a Bison
01-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Just another unattainable Lakes fantasy, like the one he has about Hillary when he is in the shower........

reformedUNDfan
01-11-2018, 12:16 AM
I could have imagined that....since it did happen when SDSU actually played Nebraska in 2013.

I actually attended that game

westnodak93bison
01-11-2018, 02:15 AM
How about we just play a pre season game against the Vikes

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CyPanth
01-11-2018, 02:59 AM

Would be cool if it happened. Too bad that ESPN would nix it. They don't want to risk having their pet national champions losing to a national champion that they barely even recognize (as evidenced by their lack of promotion of the FCS national championship). My theory is that making a big deal of any national champion other than the FBS national championship (and its playoffs) is considered to be "watering down" their most valuable asset.

CyPanth
01-11-2018, 03:01 AM
de-lu-sion-al

Adjective

In other words, most of the people who post on this site!

kab1one
01-11-2018, 01:11 PM
I wouldnt even go to that game. I think you overestimate the draw potential of NDSU stomping UND.

We will see the draw power of NDSU when they play Bulter at Target field. That will be a turnout bigger than expected. 12-15k go to Frisco every year. 30k wait list for tickets in Fargo. This is the chance to see the Bison.

Factor in UND has a large graduate base, and again, give every senior in TC high school 2 tickets to see what NDSU and UND college is about. Use it at a ND educational tool.

Crowd and dollars will be much larger than you think.

BadlandsBison
01-11-2018, 01:16 PM
In other words, most of the people who post on this site!

Is it delusional to think I'm delusional?

kab1one
01-11-2018, 01:17 PM

I like how Lakes thinks outside of the box because the athletic program doesn't. Game at Target Field. Where is NDSU athletics and Team Makers promoting that and selling packages. Adverstising, promotional, parties, events. Treat is like the Vikings did with the super bowl. Have events and corporate sponsors and make it event.

Response will be understaffed and focusing on other things. Well grad a Marketing class and have take this as an internship type program, steal the game plan from the Vikings or the schools that played in Yankee Stadium and do something similar. Make people want to attend.

Whether it's a pipedream of playing Alabama or taking the Bison roadshow to Minneapolis, use it to make money off of new sources.

Herd12
01-11-2018, 01:21 PM
I like how Lakes thinks outside of the box because the athletic program doesn't. Game at Target Field. Where is NDSU athletics and Team Makers promoting that and selling packages. Adverstising, promotional, parties, events. Treat is like the Vikings did with the super bowl. Have events and corporate sponsors and make it event.

Response will be understaffed and focusing on other things. Well grad a Marketing class and have take this as an internship type program, steal the game plan from the Vikings or the schools that played in Yankee Stadium and do something similar. Make people want to attend.

Whether it's a pipedream of playing Alabama or taking the Bison roadshow to Minneapolis, use it to make money off of new sources.

Probably waiting to roll out their marketing until 2019 when the game is actually played....

Mr Meaty
01-11-2018, 01:29 PM
9-15-2018 is North Alabama is that close enough? Plus it is a home game for NDSU.

wagsabison
01-11-2018, 01:38 PM
9-15-2018 is North Alabama is that close enough? Plus it is a home game for NDSU.

Just refer to them all week as Alabama... that should help.

kab1one
01-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Probably waiting to roll out their marketing until 2019 when the game is actually played....

And by then every corporation has already committed there budget elsewhere, or competing against every other function in the TC this weekend. Need to get ahead of it. And 18 months is about right table for 1 off event like this.

Pretty safe to assume none of this has been thought about.

75NOVA
01-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Alabama...The NDSU of the FBS

Hammerhead
01-11-2018, 05:36 PM
And by then every corporation has already committed there budget elsewhere, or competing against every other function in the TC this weekend. Need to get ahead of it. And 18 months is about right table for 1 off event like this.

Pretty safe to assume none of this has been thought about.

How do you know NDSU has not been drumming up corporate sponsors for events around this game?

ALPHAGRIZ1
01-12-2018, 01:41 AM

So you think Klieman would call off the dogs in the second half?

1st&TennBison
01-12-2018, 12:48 PM

You have to consider the source of who it is that started the thread (idiot). Alabama does not give a damn about NDSU, and has no reason under any situation to feel compelled to make a game with us happen. I would not shy away from the game if it was offered, but I would not want to see us go out looking for it either. Heck, we don't even push to hard to play Nebraska which would be a much better set up all around then playing Alabama.

El_Chapo
03-22-2018, 04:10 PM

is this still a possibility?