PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Frisco Events

HerdThat!
01-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Maybe I've overlooked it if this info is already started in another thread or for those of us who don't have FaceBook/Twitter, but thought of compiling a list of NDSU places and events for this weekend- add on if you know of anything or have suggestions

-Bison 1660 will be broadcasting this week from Twin Peaks
-Pep Rally at Dr. Pepper Arena, Friday 6:00 preparty, 7:30 pepfest ($19/adults, $10/kids)
-Crowd favorite watering holes: Wild Pitch & Tight Ends

Has anyone heard if there will be a tent party at Ringos/ Scruffy Duffies again this year?

tke
01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
WDAY from Tight Ends this week (McFooley probably will bitch about the scenery too)

Local Band (Bismarck and Fargo members) Unleashed is doing a concert Friday night 9 pm at Wild Pitch - that's a cool new twist. Unclear if it's inside or outside right now

Scruffy Duffies and Ringo's are doing events Friday at 8 pm and Saturday at 9 pm. Labeled as Block Party so i would assume that's the outdoor tent.

PlainsBison
01-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone hear when the Friday walk through practice is with the former Bison players afterwards? That's always fun to sit back and watch.

Stary2k11
01-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Is there any risk of the pep fest selling out? The boss wants to make a trip to Waco early Friday. Would it be safe to wait on pep fest tickets until the day of just in case we don’t make back in time?

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Is there any risk of the pep fest selling out? The boss wants to make a trip to Waco early Friday. Would it be safe to wait on pep fest tickets until the day of just in case we don’t make back in time?

Just got another e mail about buying tickets. Don't think there is a danger.

Wally
01-02-2018, 05:51 PM

Going to see the fixer upper compound?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5f/2a/aa/5f2aaa9421879309ec5825ef118186c5--fixer-upper-tv-show-joanna-gaines.jpg

Stary2k11
01-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Yep....not sure Waco is good for anything else. It was enough to lure a non-native Bison fan to the game, so I’ll gladly sacrifice half a day for the rest of the Bison activities during the week.

Wally
01-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Yep....not sure Waco is good for anything else. It was enough to lure a non-native Bison fan to the game, so I’ll gladly sacrifice half a day for the rest of the Bison activities during the week.

Better than the David Koresh compound I guess. :)

Stary2k11
01-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Better than the David Koresh compound I guess. :)

:rofl: ....10char

bisonmike2
01-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Not an official event but anyone is welcome to watch me get drunk off of margarita's at La Hacienda's on Friday afternoon while my wife looks on in disgust.

Professor Chaos
01-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Jeff Culhane mentioned on The Insiders today that the Twin Peaks calendar girls will be selling and signing calendars at their Frisco location from 6:30-8PM on Friday.

For your viewing pleasure (you probably don't want to watch it while at work): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if1kuU5py8s

MrSnuffleupagus
01-02-2018, 07:32 PM
How nice of them to sell stuff to us Bison fans.

kab1one
01-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Not that I care, but I am surprised the left wingers on KFGO are commenting on this and the exploitation of women. In some regards its in bad taste, but we are the greatest bud lite and crown drinkers known to man, so we like our Peaks

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Not that I care, but I am surprised the left wingers on KFGO are commenting on this and the exploitation of women. In some regards its in bad taste, but we are the greatest bud lite and crown drinkers known to man, so we like our Peaks

I wonder if any of those calendar models feels any more exploited than a cheerleader does. And if their images are being reproduced and distributed then surely they have had to sign off on that and may well be receiving a modeling fee/royalty I would think. In any case if I end up over there I am going to conduct a survey...

Christopher Moen
01-02-2018, 07:56 PM
I wonder if any of those calendar models feels any more exploited than a cheerleader does. And if their images are being reproduced and distributed then surely they have had to sign off on that and may well be receiving a modeling fee/royalty I would think. In any case if I end up over there I am going to conduct a survey...

If they felt exploited, they would never do it. Same thing goes for dudes who do similar things. It's just that dudes don't care about what other dudes are doing in those similar situations. Feminists (female or male) like to ruin good things.

tony
01-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Not an official event but anyone is welcome to watch me get drunk off of margarita's at La Hacienda's on Friday afternoon while my wife looks on in disgust.

Gotta admit, that's the kind of reality TV I'd watch.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 07:58 PM
My friends and I were convinced they brought in extra, temporary talent that seemed to push the envelope a little bit in a way that made it seem they didn't care about the long term prospects of their jobs. At least at Wild Pitch.

NDSUSR
01-02-2018, 08:00 PM

Im in for the live stream...

HerdThat!
01-02-2018, 08:03 PM

I might have to join you to help make in an official event- I love getting drunk off margs and my wife loves getting pissed that Im having fun-I figure if it happens to two of us, it must happen to others out there......

56BISON73
01-03-2018, 05:22 AM
Anyone hear when the Friday walk through practice is with the former Bison players afterwards? That's always fun to sit back and watch.

2-3 oclock

HerdBot
01-03-2018, 05:38 AM

I wouldnt call that political. I would call that being a prude and a puritan who was raised to think sex or sexiness is bad. Or some feminists think men should not be manly, and ALL women should only have careers. The only women who are offended are the angry man hating types or the morbidly obese unfuckable women wearing a peasant skirt. You know damn well they would kill to drop 75 pounds and look like these girls. What's funny is NOBODY is offended by Magic Mike or the Chipendales. These women (and men) choose to do this. Welcome to a free country. If they hate it they should go to the Middle East where women would be jailed or killed for this