PDA

View Full Version : Streamers

tojo70
01-01-2018, 11:53 PM
This may have been talked about in the game thread but I just have to start a new one because I can't believe there is a 15 page thread on JMU's message board about the ban on streamers for the Natty. 15 f'ing pages.
Then there's the thread about how one of their members spoke with someone from Frisco that he claims stated that the Frisco community can't stand the Bison fans. First time I've ever heard anything like that.
The comments on their board are cringe worthy. I read the first 4 pages of the natty game thread. Each page had one maybe 2 comments on the actual game. All of the other posts were about how our fans are cocky and all that they have seen from bisonville is how we're going to roll right over them. Honestly, I haven't seen much of any of that.
Sorry just had to rant at ignorance.

TAILG8R
01-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Just wait until every bar they walk into this year has NDSU flags and servers wearing Bison gear. They'll see just how much Frisco hates us ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

td577
01-02-2018, 01:28 AM
I think we are going to roll over them. Our fans are cocky, but who wouldn't be knowing most of them are Bison boosters and alum and have a genuine love for good football. My alma mater is hot shit when it comes to football and we see things being done the right way. Sure other programs are probably doing it the right way, but they are not my alma mater and I don't belong to the Liger Teammaker Club. If I was a server and someone spending money in front of me is going to spend a little more if I say I hate a specific fan base, then I will tell them I hate that fan base. Unless it is the Bison and I am way past serving anything anyways. It is kids trying to make a living. They know enough to be focused on what is in front of them at the moment, which also makes me think they weren't talking about Bison anything. Unless there were 5 people in the bar and then they better do what they can to squeeze every last dime out of them.

I don't even know where to begin with streamers. I buy them to decorate when my kids have birthday parties. They are for kids. I have even put two of them together so they look like different colors on each side. My youngest loves when we do that. I buy just enough to decorate for a birthday party and not any more. I prefer to run out. I have never thought about throwing them. Sounds like something kids would do at halloween or something. Oh, that's toilet paper. Basically, the same thing.

There aren't too many FCS programs out there that have a booster club and fan base as strong as NDSU's. It will be like every year we go down there and start talking to opposing team's fans. For 9 out of 10, it is their first game in many years. For NDSU, for 9 out of 10, it is an extension of the season. By the way, did I mention I do think we are going to roll them.

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 01:29 AM
Streamers are for baby showers and weddings. Not football games.

imabison
01-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Streamers are for baby showers and weddings. Not football games.

Did anyone notice all the streamers in the Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl, or LACK there of the streamers?

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 02:17 AM
Well as you know...the rose parade does not allow crepe paper. Only living materials.

As an aside...the 2 jmu games I watched this year their fans were throwing "things" at the other teams personnel. Maybe they should address that behavior before whining they can't throw things on the field at a national championship game.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Did anyone notice all the streamers in the Rose Bowl, and Sugar Bowl, or LACK there of the streamers?

what would any of those schools know about tradition?

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2018, 02:25 AM
I think we are going to roll over them. Our fans are cocky, but who wouldn't be knowing most of them are Bison boosters and alum and have a genuine love for good football. My alma mater is hot shit when it comes to football and we see things being done the right way. Sure other programs are probably doing it the right way, but they are not my alma mater and I don't belong to the Liger Teammaker Club. If I was a server and someone spending money in front of me is going to spend a little more if I say I hate a specific fan base, then I will tell them I hate that fan base. Unless it is the Bison and I am way past serving anything anyways. It is kids trying to make a living. They know enough to be focused on what is in front of them at the moment, which also makes me think they weren't talking about Bison anything. Unless there were 5 people in the bar and then they better do what they can to squeeze every last dime out of them.

I don't even know where to begin with streamers. I buy them to decorate when my kids have birthday parties. They are for kids. I have even put two of them together so they look like different colors on each side. My youngest loves when we do that. I buy just enough to decorate for a birthday party and not any more. I prefer to run out. I have never thought about throwing them. Sounds like something kids would do at halloween or something. Oh, that's toilet paper. Basically, the same thing.

There aren't too many FCS programs out there that have a booster club and fan base as strong as NDSU's. It will be like every year we go down there and start talking to opposing team's fans. For 9 out of 10, it is their first game in many years. For NDSU, for 9 out of 10, it is an extension of the season. By the way, did I mention I do think we are going to roll them.

Yes, you mentioned. And you were correct. Both times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
01-02-2018, 02:26 AM
I'm sick of hearing about streamers.:bleh:

Honeybooboo
01-02-2018, 02:30 AM
Well i know for a fact that the businesses in Frisco do infact love ndsu fans, whoever is saying different on their board is full of shit

thundarsdaddy
01-02-2018, 02:38 AM
Lets see....
Just change one letter in the word "streamer", the "m"...to a "k'!

"Streaker"!

Both words and concepts have a lot in common!
1. Streaking was done in the old days...decades ago in fact....no one gives-a-shit these days!
1a. Streaming.....see above!

2. Streaking, back-in-the-day...was done by females! OK...some guys did it, but back then it was ok to refer to the guys sexual-preference, which today of course is off-limits! Plus we only noticed the female anyway! Proof...go to any prom, a couple walks in..all eyes are on the female....Amen!
2a. Streaming....see above...Amen!

3. Streaking(back in 1974), could get you arrested, as any worthwhile civilian society didn't stand for this!
3a. Streaming....SHOULD get you arrested!!

4. Streaking shows what a big-ass the streaker can be...or have?
4a. Streamer-throwers....Same as above...AMEN!

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 02:42 AM
You clearly didn't know any ATOs in college.

oldmantutters
01-02-2018, 02:48 AM
You clearly didn't know any ATOs in college.Hehehehehe

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON
01-02-2018, 03:08 AM
I'm sick of hearing about streamers.:bleh:

With as many fans as the Bison will take to the game JMU fans will hate to be ate to be in restrooms lines as the NDSU fans will unleash all the “*streamers” their bladder had stored up from the pregame beer indulgence.

Bison56
01-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Just wait until every bar they walk into this year has NDSU flags and servers wearing Bison gear. They'll see just how much Frisco hates us ;)

But they hate NDSU fans.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Well i mean...to play devil's advocate here...servers aren't wearing Bison gear because they love us. They do it because their management tells them to do so. This is along the same thing as because a server is flirting with you doesn't mean they like you.

oldmantutters
01-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Well i mean...to play devil's advocate here...servers aren't wearing Bison gear because they love us. They do it because their management tells them to do so. This is along the same thing as because a server is flirting with you doesn't mean they like you.They don't?

Green1
01-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Well i mean...to play devil's advocate here...servers aren't wearing Bison gear because they love us. They do it because their management tells them to do so. This is along the same thing as because a server is flirting with you doesn't mean they like you.

They don't?

Snuff crushes a man's fantasy like he crushes beautiful butterflies.

Scooter1
01-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Seriously who gives a rats ass about streamers when the tons of confetti are shot into the air at the end of the game anyway. It makes no sense. Don't throw streamers, damn it!!! Ok, here is 1000 pounds of paper pieces for maintenance to pick up....just dumb.

Professor Chaos
01-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Seriously who gives a rats ass about streamers when the tons of confetti are shot into the air at the end of the game anyway. It makes no sense. Don't throw streamers, damn it!!! Ok, here is 1000 pounds of paper pieces for maintenance to pick up....just dumb.
Because those are showering the victorious teams/fans after the game is over. As I understand it the problem was last year streamers kept finding their way onto the field, onto the YSU sideline, and into the YSU fans sections (what few there were).

tony
01-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Hahaha! The beauty of streamergate is that Bison fans are still trolling the JMU fanbase into snot-crying fits. I'm sure that Mike Houston is going to be screaming about streamers in this pregame hissy fit.

Seriously, I wonder how many gallons of fiery tears JMU fans have squirted since Bison fans started trolling them over this? 1000? 10000? If only they had some paper material with which to soak them up.

To answer you question: JMU fans are the only people on the planet not associated with the crepe paper industry who give a rat's ass about streamers. And it's both sad and hilarious*, but mostly hilarious.

* it's tragicomic that there isn't a word that means "sad and hilarious"

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 04:31 PM
One of the unintended funniest parts is they don't really understand how long it has been going on. I'm not even sure they know they didn't have a football team before 1972

oldmantutters
01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Seriously who gives a rats ass about streamers when the tons of confetti are shot into the air at the end of the game anyway. It makes no sense. Don't throw streamers, damn it!!! Ok, here is 1000 pounds of paper pieces for maintenance to pick up....just dumb.It's probably easier to vac up confetti than it is to clean up 50-100' ribbons of streamers/crepe paper. Not to mention if it were to be wet. It's just trashy.

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Those of you who have work places know that you can slip on a piece of copy paper.
Can you imagine some one tangled or slipping down the steps at Toyota?
Not trying to be a wet blanket, but you know the stadium and especially the NCAA are doing a cya.

Milkman
01-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Because those are showering the victorious teams/fans after the game is over. As I understand it the problem was last year streamers kept finding their way onto the field, onto the YSU sideline, and into the YSU fans sections (what few there were).

And I am sure the coach of the winning team will begrudgingly be ok with a cooler of gatorade dumped on him but the guy in section 103 row 12 seat 8 won't be too pleased if he got the same gatorade bath after a 2nd quarter touchdown.

Sun Bison
01-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Hahaha! The beauty of streamergate is that Bison fans are still trolling the JMU fanbase into snot-crying fits. I'm sure that Mike Houston is going to be screaming about streamers in this pregame hissy fit.

Seriously, I wonder how many gallons of fiery tears JMU fans have squirted since Bison fans started trolling them over this? 1000? 10000? If only they had some paper material with which to soak them up.

To answer you question: JMU fans are the only people on the planet not associated with the crepe paper industry who give a rat's ass about streamers. And it's both sad and hilarious*, but mostly hilarious.

* it's tragicomic that there isn't a word that means "sad and hilarious"

Fighting Hawks?

HerdBot
01-02-2018, 05:41 PM
What would be awesome is if he shut them out or they score their first touchdown during garbage time.

Bisonator98
01-02-2018, 06:00 PM

I'm sure it's easier to suck up confetti with a blower vac than it is streamers.

Edit looks like oldmantutters beat me to it.

su86
01-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Fighting Hawks?What a bunch of weirdos https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/14ebb0e91c493e25fec93dad9d29c09e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk