PDA

View Full Version : The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

GOBISON123
12-31-2017, 02:30 AM
I just watched JMU vs Jacks game last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAcGCigZrus

and boy JMU dbs are good. One guy stood out on defense, that is Jimmy Moreland #6. He was matched 1-1 with Jacks WR/TE. Wineke and Goedert and he was everywhere.

Here are some plays by Moreland, pass breakups, interceptions etc

6: 53 Moreland stop on Wienke
7: 39 Moreland breaks a pass intended for Wieneke
8: 21 Deep pass to Wieneke and pushed out of bound by Moreland
13:43 Forces an incomplete pass intended for Wineke,
14:17 Jimmy Moreland, forces an incomplete on a pass intended for Wieneke
20:45 Jimmy Moreland, tackles Tyrin Christian for a loss
21.23 Picks off a deep pass intended for Jacks Wr
24:50 Tackles Wieneke , which would have been a TD.
35:02 Picks off pass for Wineke

On offense, the JMU Dukes, mix up their plays very well. Lot of hard running by their RB Marshall and Sharp, tunnel passes, play-action, pitch and catch,
One thing that stood out is, their QB Brian Schor 1st option is the little 6-5 WR Riley Stapleton.

16:56 Third and goal, pass to 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton for a TD
3rd and short, 1st read is 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton
53:50 Third and goal, pass to 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton for a TD

Jacks were unable to complete any pass when they threw to their receivers covered by Moreland. So I were Easton I would keep an eye on Jimmy Moreland and their defensive lineman Andrew Ankrah. On defense BISON should have a good plan to cover Riley Stapleton, if JMU is in the red-zone 9/10 times I am certain that Brain Schor will throw the ball to Riley Stapleton , if they decided to pass.

NovaBison
12-31-2017, 02:37 AM
Have you contacted Coach K, and provided him with your adroit analysis? We may have to scrap the game plan based on your findings :)

HerdBot
12-31-2017, 03:05 PM
The SDSU Left Tackle got owned so I would assume Their RDE is a beast

Looking at their D-line not a lot of weakness. 3 of the 4 guys are tall. One is only 6-1 but super quick. The only advantage is a weight advantage

DARRIOUS*CARTER*6-5 / 235
SIMEYON*ROBINSONHT./WT.*6-1 / 264
*ANDREW*ANKRAH*6-4 / 248
*CORNELL*URQUHART*6-4 / 280

They also run a 4-2-5 which makes it very difficult to throw the ball but if we keep running the ball we could wear some of them out.

What we don't want to do is play to their strength. Can't be doing a bunch of 5 step drops or their pass rush will be brutal.

Run the ball, playaction, draws, screens, and TEs... Receivers need to block well. Misdirection. We can cut Easton loose. A well timed trick play could be good. Need to be patient and methodical.

EC8CH
12-31-2017, 04:04 PM
No way this is the real JMU vs NDSU thread.

Zero mention of streamers so far.

1st&TennBison
12-31-2017, 07:57 PM

and boy JMU dbs are good. One guy stood out on defense, that is Jimmy Moreland #6. He was matched 1-1 with Jacks WR/TE. Wineke and Goedert and he was everywhere.

On offense, the JMU Dukes, mix up their plays very well. Lot of hard running by their RB Marshall and Sharp, tunnel passes, play-action, pitch and catch,
One thing that stood out is, their QB Brian Schor 1st option is the little 6-5 WR Riley Stapleton.

Jacks were unable to complete any pass when they threw to their receivers covered by Moreland. So I were Easton I would keep an eye on Jimmy Moreland and their defensive lineman Andrew Ankrah. On defense BISON should have a good plan to cover Riley Stapleton, if JMU is in the red-zone 9/10 times I am certain that Brain Schor will throw the ball to Riley Stapleton , if they decided to pass.
Are you on crack? I am watching the first drive of the game and so far three passes have been completed on Moreland, and he also committed a penalty to prevent a pass completion. All this before the fumble on the games first drive.

1st&TennBison
12-31-2017, 08:40 PM

Update, watched the 1st quarter and Moreland had passes completed on him 5 times. What game were you watching that Moreland did not allow a completed pass??

GOBISON123
01-01-2018, 12:15 AM
The SDSU Left Tackle got owned so I would assume Their RDE is a beast

Looking at their D-line not a lot of weakness. 3 of the 4 guys are tall. One is only 6-1 but super quick. The only advantage is a weight advantage

DARRIOUS*CARTER*6-5 / 235
SIMEYON*ROBINSONHT./WT.*6-1 / 264
*ANDREW*ANKRAH*6-4 / 248
*CORNELL*URQUHART*6-4 / 280

They also run a 4-2-5 which makes it very difficult to throw the ball but if we keep running the ball we could wear some of them out.

What we don't want to do is play to their strength. Can't be doing a bunch of 5 step drops or their pass rush will be brutal.

Run the ball, playaction, draws, screens, and TEs... Receivers need to block well. Misdirection. We can cut Easton loose. A well timed trick play could be good. Need to be patient and methodical.

I heard on the radio that there are 2-3 guys on their D-Line that are potential late round pick in 2018 draft.I agree, excluding that Jacks RBs fumble in the 1st or 2nd play, they gained a good chunk of yards on the ground.

HerdBot
01-01-2018, 12:20 AM
I heard on the radio that there are 2-3 guys on their D-Line that are potential late round pick in 2018 draft.I agree, excluding that Jacks RBs fumble in the 1st or 2nd play, they gained a good chunk of yards on the ground.

The Jacks panicked and went all Big Sky on them... Had they stuck to the run and not fumbled repeatedly and put themselves in 3rd and a mile, would have been totally different game. One of the worst game plans and execution I have ever seen

GSUsTALON
01-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Talk about real, this thread is to real. Blow your mind real!

56BISON73
01-01-2018, 01:09 AM

Heard on the radio? Why didnt you just call your buddies in the NFL?

bisonhp330
01-01-2018, 01:45 AM
As always his posts are a waste. Off to settings to block this jock sniffing douche

Bison20
01-01-2018, 02:06 AM
The Jacks panicked and went all Big Sky on them... Had they stuck to the run and not fumbled repeatedly and put themselves in 3rd and a mile, would have been totally different game. One of the worst game plans and execution I have ever seen

It was worse than big sky, they just thought we will throw 50/50 jump balls to weineke and hope he can make a play. It was straight up play ground school ball. Some of the worst decisions ever. Seemed like they thought it couldn't get worse after the first turnover but it did

CentennialBison
01-01-2018, 02:25 AM
4-2-5 was used by TCU primarily to stop the spread. It is an excellent defense and can be adjusted against the run, but it is not suited to it. Safetys will cheat. Since TCU made it popular it has been picked up by numerous NFL teams that use parts of it. I know the Seahawks and Patriots have messed around with it.

Saying all this, NDSU offense last year had a lot of spread in it. That played into JMU's strength. Every system can be broken, the 4-2-5 is no different. Coach Messingham has probably seen Big 12 teams run it at Iowa State already unlike Polasek. It can be exploited with play action, quick 3 step drops and slants. Basically, IMO NDSU will have to go to a more WCO. Stick will need quick 1st and 2nd reads with chances to take off. It will take some re-engineering of how NDSU does things.

1st&TennBison
01-01-2018, 02:58 AM
Last years team had no real pass threat, weather it be because of coaching or players. This year is different. Our TEs and RBs can catch and Stick has gotten much better, our WRs are an average group as far as separation. A little bit of passing to some unconventional targets from what people have seen in the past from us, will make them wonder. It will open up the run game. Dare JMU to load 8 in the box, and hit a TE or a RB out of the backfield for a short pass but big gain after the catch. Keep leaning on the JMU defensive line (they are smaller than most we have seen in the valley) with power runs up the middle. The Bison have the players to make this game look easy, the big question is, will they make it harder than it should be.

KNOW IT ALL
01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Other than Bison coaches watching specific film on JMU position players, there wasn't much to take from the SDSU game, 10 turnovers!!! I believe the odds of winning an NFL game with 3 or more turnovers is 10-20%??? (ball park figure)

NoDak
01-03-2018, 02:39 AM
Other than Bison coaches watching specific film on JMU position players, there wasn't much to take from the SDSU game, 10 turnovers!!! I believe the odds of winning an NFL game with 3 or more turnovers is 10-20%??? (ball park figure)

To me 3-4 turnovers can be done by a very good defense. 10 turnovers has more to do with a REALLY bad day for the offense than any particular ability by the defense unless there is a vast talent differential. And the national semi-finals with 2 seeded teams does NOT have that kind of talent differential.

bisonsupporter
01-03-2018, 03:11 AM
Instead of watching SDSU, should re-watch Weber St for a better scouting report?

Alsen
01-04-2018, 04:43 AM
Bison 36 JMU 10 Bet the spread and get rich

td577
01-04-2018, 10:22 AM
If we aren't really physical with them, I will be upset. I want to see our d-backs playing some bump and run coverage to throw off timing and allow pressure to get to QB.

JMB
01-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Last year their CB were able to man up our WRs 1 on 1 and they dumped everyone else in the box to stop the run. I suspect they will do the same thing this year. For us to be successful either:

1) Our WR need to beat the CB to pull the safeties away from the line.
or
2) Our TEs need to be able to get open down field.

bisonlax44
01-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Last year their CB were able to man up our WRs 1 on 1 and they dumped everyone else in the box to stop the run. I suspect they will do the same thing this year. For us to be successful either:

1) Our WR need to beat the CB to pull the safeties away from the line.
or
2) Our TEs need to be able to get open down field.

or
3) RBs need to catch the ball out of the backfield on PA. As you inferred, they are going to sell out to stop the run.

If we see big numbers from our WRs, I'm afraid the Bison fell behind and had to throw to try and catch up. Not where we want to be. Chances are we have a full stable of RBs ready for the game (Brooks likely a game-time decision but expect him to suit and be limited on touches) so we should run the ball, wear them out, execute play action, and win in the 4th quarter. Power kills speed.

James Madison
01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Looking forward to the game and it is obvious that NDSU has a better team than last year. The good thing for JMU is that it is being played on a neutral field. The FargoDome has to be one of the best, if not the best, homefield advantage in college football.

You will see a JMU team that is much different from last year. The offense isn’t nearly as good mostly due to an injured and inexperienced offensive line. The defense is much better and becomes outstanding if you are forced into passing downs.

I expect Stick will run the ball significantly more than usual because JMU will absolutely be selling out to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down. A little read option, QB bootleg, or QB power will be very hard to defend in addition to accounting for the RB’s.
To me, that is the difference. If Stick can be effective getting first downs with his legs the Bison should win. If Stick has to rely on passing to get first downs it will play into JMU’s strength.

I hope the game matches the buildup as the best final in recent memory.
For me, it is easy to see why NDSU is the favorite...the running game is more dominant than it has ever been.
Safe travels to Frisco.

NoDak
01-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Looking forward to the game and it is obvious that NDSU has a better team than last year. The good thing for JMU is that it is being played on a neutral field. The FargoDome has to be one of the best, if not the best, homefield advantage in college football.

You will see a JMU team that is much different from last year. The offense isn’t nearly as good mostly due to an injured and inexperienced offensive line. The defense is much better and becomes outstanding if you are forced into passing downs.

I expect Stick will run the ball significantly more than usual because JMU will absolutely be selling out to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down. A little read option, QB bootleg, or QB power will be very hard to defend in addition to accounting for the RB’s.
To me, that is the difference. If Stick can be effective getting first downs with his legs the Bison should win. If Stick has to rely on passing to get first downs it will play into JMU’s strength.

For me, it is easy to see why NDSU is the favorite...the running game is more dominant than it has ever been.
Safe travels to Frisco.

This is an even-handed analysis.

My thought is that if Stick has to throw more than 5 passes 15+ yards down field in the air it is probably not a good day for NDSU. I am having a hard time imagining a scenario where JMU is struggling to cover those. There might be 1-2 times where he catches them but if he has to throw that many odds are things are not going well for NDSU. However, if he throws a ton of passes in the 3-7 yards down field range, likely to RB and TE I could imagine that being good for NDSU.

I believe, though, that NDSU will be very careful about passes. If things are going well for them I anticipate 15-20 attempts--mostly short and safe--passes and completing a high percentage of them (70%+). Maybe 25 at the highest unless they find a play that works really well against JMU. Again, if things are going well for them (and that is an IF) I could see them racking up 150-250 rushing yards and controlling the clock for 35+ minutes.

If things are not going well for them their TOP would be 25-28 minutes. Rushing for less than 120 yards. 30+ Pass attempts with completion percentage in the 45-55% range and 3+ turnovers while forcing 0-1 turnover.

wagsabison
01-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Safe travels to Frisco.

Anyone who thinks this game is going to be one-sided one way or another is just dead wrong. Two very good teams that don't make a lot mistakes and play sound defense. Can't wait till Saturday!

td577
01-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Anyone who thinks this game is going to be one-sided one way or another is just dead wrong. Two very good teams that don't make a lot mistakes and play sound defense. Can't wait till Saturday!It's going to be one sided. You are dead wrong. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MAKBison
01-04-2018, 06:51 PM
It's going to be one sided. You are dead wrong. Sorry.

i tend to agree more with this

NoDak
01-04-2018, 06:57 PM

I don't know how close it will be. I certainly thought that SDSU and JMU would be a fun game and it turned into a laugher. It is certainly possible that it will come down to the last 5 minutes. But if NDSU plays like they did against SDSU--or if JMU plays like they did against SDSU--it could be over quickly. Yet NDSU has outscored their opponents by an average margin of 42-9 giving up 2 touchdowns and 3 fieldgoals against a couple really solid offensive teams during these playoffs. JMU had a much harder set of opponents but was not nearly as dominant only winning one game by more than 14 points. The truth is we don't really know how the game will turn out. If NDSU can do to JMU what they have done to the last couple good offenses they MIGHT be able to pull out a big victory. But if JMU forces Stick to throw the ball down field to try to get back into the game we could be looking at a blow-out the other way.

That isn't to say it WON'T be a close game. But that at this point we really don't know. If I had to guess I think that the margin of victory will be between 10-17 points. But that is just a guess at this point. Not a blow out. But not a real nailbiter like so many are predicting.

Jim Puetz
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM
I also agree that it is going to be one-sided in favor of the Bison

NDSUSR
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Never underestimate vengeance as a motivational factor.

wagsabison
01-04-2018, 07:31 PM

I wouldn't be against that.

MAKBison
01-04-2018, 07:42 PM
I don't know how close it will be. I certainly thought that SDSU and JMU would be a fun game and it turned into a laugher. It is certainly possible that it will come down to the last 5 minutes. But if NDSU plays like they did against SDSU--or if JMU plays like they did against SDSU--it could be over quickly. Yet NDSU has outscored their opponents by an average margin of 42-9 giving up 2 touchdowns and 3 fieldgoals against a couple really solid offensive teams during these playoffs. JMU had a much harder set of opponents but was not nearly as dominant only winning one game by more than 14 points. The truth is we don't really know how the game will turn out. If NDSU can do to JMU what they have done to the last couple good offenses they MIGHT be able to pull out a big victory. But if JMU forces Stick to throw the ball down field to try to get back into the game we could be looking at a blow-out the other way.

That isn't to say it WON'T be a close game. But that at this point we really don't know. If I had to guess I think that the margin of victory will be between 10-17 points. But that is just a guess at this point. Not a blow out. But not a real nailbiter like so many are predicting.

ES throwing the ball is not a death kiss. lots of gaps for our TEs if jmu sells out to stop the run

NoDak
01-04-2018, 07:53 PM
ES throwing the ball is not a death kiss. lots of gaps for our TEs if jmu sells out to stop the run

You may be right. Maybe there will be some seem passes to a TE, perhaps on a seem route. I will take it if ES can complete it. It could make their defense honest.

I can more easily imagine, though lots of play-action and then hitting a TE on a really short pass or a RB in the flat. Lots of screens. That sort of thing.

Bisonator98
01-04-2018, 07:55 PM
One word: Wheel Route

:biggrin:

MAKBison
01-04-2018, 07:58 PM
You may be right. Maybe there will be some seem passes to a TE, perhaps on a seem route. I will take it if ES can complete it. It could make their defense honest.

I can more easily imagine, though lots of play-action and then hitting a TE on a really short pass or a RB in the flat. Lots of screens. That sort of thing.

ES pass completion ratio is like 68%. his long ball is on target. nothing wrong with his game. having safeties bite up invites the long ball middle of the field

CaBisonFan
01-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Anyone have any injury updates?

Bison Bridge Guy
01-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Anyone have any injury updates?

My back hurts.

CaBisonFan
01-04-2018, 08:04 PM
My back hurts.So does mine...and the likelihood of me playing Saturday is 'not' good. :)

NoDak
01-04-2018, 08:04 PM
One word: Wheel Route

:biggrin:

One word: Two words.

NoDak
01-04-2018, 08:05 PM
So does mine...and the likelihood of me playing Saturday is 'not' good. :)

Let's list you as questionable just to keep them guessing.

Bison Gal
01-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Most of the articles I've read the past couple days have folks choosing JMU as winner in close game. Going to make the Bison win on Saturday even sweeter!

Christopher Moen
01-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Too many people here are underestimating Stick’s throwing ability.

First, he’s a pretty good passer. Second, his back isn’t messed up like it was last year (probably due to the Iowa game). Third, he’s not going to force to play it safe as this is the last game and Cole is healed. Lastly, the mustache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak
01-04-2018, 08:55 PM

First, he’s a pretty good passer. Second, his back isn’t messed up like it was last year (probably due to the Iowa game). Third, he’s not going to force to play it safe as this is the last game and Cole is healed. Lastly, the mustache.

Maybe I am underestimating ES throwing ability. I just don't know that he has the accuracy. Maybe I am just comparing him to Carson. To me he reminds me of Jensen, someone who would make the play you needed to win the game and, more important, wouldn't make the costly mistake to lose the game. But I don't know if Stick makes that drive at the end of the 2014 National Championship game. I just don't think he has the arm for it. Maybe I am wrong.

56BISON73
01-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Maybe I am underestimating ES throwing ability. I just don't know that he has the accuracy. Maybe I am just comparing him to Carson. To me he reminds me of Jensen, someone who would make the play you needed to win the game and, more important, wouldn't make the costly mistake to lose the game. But I don't know if Stick makes that drive at the end of the 2014 National Championship game. I just don't think he has the arm for it. Maybe I am wrong.

Check the current record books. If they are any indication it shows hes pretty good.

Kujava23
01-04-2018, 09:03 PM

Stick does NOT have the arm strength of Carson---

I do like the comparison of Jensen to Stick---only thing---Jensen was more accurate on the deep throws---Stick faster when running the ball
I do really like the job Coach Messingham has done with getting the ball out of Stick's hand faster (I strongly believe Stick not great on progression of reads) and using our TE's in passing game.
Kudos to Stick--he has played very well in the playoffs---with that said---I think the competition is lower level MVFC---but STILL has made plays in the passing game!
Stick WILL LEAD the BISON to the NATONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on SATURDAY----DUNN will be back---setting up HUGE plays in PLAY ACTION in the middle of the field to our TE's---calling Mr. Illies 100 yard game!!!
I really want to see Mr. DeLuca and Mr. Tanguay SHOW the DUKES what they missed last year in the FargoDome and both make some big plays!

GO BISON!! THE MARCH IS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NoDak
01-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Check the current record books. If they are any indication it shows hes pretty good.

I am not saying that Stick isn't a very good QB. Just that his throws aren't super-accurate. But he is a better runner than Wentz. Wentz could get out of trouble but Stick is more likely to torch a team on a designed run IMO. Two very different QBs. To me I love Stick's leadership. I admit I was nervous his first couple games as a Red-Shirt Freshman. I thought he was going to do his best but would wilt under the pressure of MVFC games. He didn't.

BisonNation11
01-04-2018, 09:41 PM
I am not saying that Stick isn't a very good QB. Just that his throws aren't super-accurate. But he is a better runner than Wentz. Wentz could get out of trouble but Stick is more likely to torch a team on a designed run IMO. Two very different QBs. To me I love Stick's leadership. I admit I was nervous his first couple games as a Red-Shirt Freshman. I thought he was going to do his best but would wilt under the pressure of MVFC games. He didn't.

Watch the SHSU game over again. I can't remember a pass he threw that wasn't EXACTLY where it needed to be. I'm sure there were a few that were head scratchers (I could be confusing this with the Wofford game) but I haven't seen a QB be THAT accurate in a Bison game in a long, long time. I really wish we could trade that performance for whatever Stick puts up on Saturday. It was that good. And I'm not saying Saturday can't be better, but it's going to be really difficult to top. Hope he rides that performance through this game and Bison Nation is celebrating a championship, that Stick absolutely deserves. Really impressed with him.

Christopher Moen
01-04-2018, 10:45 PM
I think some of here are giving the JMU too much credit for last year’s game.

Trust me, they’re good, but not the best Easton has played against (remember that team that had that Desmond King guy).

KC Bison
01-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know if there are sports bars showing the game Saturday in Kansas City? Especially, if there are any groups getting together at a bar.

NDSUSR
01-04-2018, 11:54 PM
ES is a good QB, his problem is consistency. Some games he has just been "off", others fire.

bisonaudit
01-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know if there are sports bars showing the game Saturday in Kansas City? Especially, if there are any groups getting together at a bar.

Tanners Overland Park. Details here: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/championship-watch-parties

semobison
01-05-2018, 12:35 AM
ES pass completion ratio is like 68%. his long ball is on target. nothing wrong with his game. having safeties bite up invites the long ball middle of the field

Let me say this first as to not piss off anyone. ES is a damn good QB and seems to be over his mid season slump. We need him to play at a high level Saturday but I hope we don't have to throw 30 times. (Last years game he had 38 attempts).
On the season Teams have completed 44% of their passes against JMU's defense and the Dukes have 31 int's! They have a very good pass defense and the Bison need to stay out of obvious passing situations. We need to stay on schedule, can't have 2nd or 3rd and long situations. If we have limited success running the ball early we have to be patient. Play action pass and spread the ball around.
Defensively I am much more confident. Last year we gave up too many big plays and many were when we had them in 3rd and long. If we don't give up the big play I don't see JMU putting a lot of points on the board. Personally I would bet the under on this one!

Alsen
01-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Anyone who thinks this game is going to be one-sided one way or another is just dead wrong. Two very good teams that don't make a lot mistakes and play sound defense. Can't wait till Saturday!

The Bison don't play sound defense. Their defense has dominated the competition all year long.

The Bison defense has given up 3 touchdowns in the last 4 games.

GOBISON123
01-05-2018, 01:07 AM
After watching their game against Weber State,

JMU is all about run-run-run, between Marshall, Sharp and QB they try to run the ball in variety of ways.
3rd and Long, JMU QB Brian Schor is looking at their WR Riley Stapleton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGHlaFKADos
Against Weber State , during the 1st qrtr, they might attempted 5 passes in total and 3 of these were towards WR Riley Stapleton.

22:41 - 3rd and long, Brian Schor first read is Riley Stapleton
28:57 - 2nd and long, Brian Schor throws a pass to Riley Stapleton
- Next play again Brian Schor targets Riley Stapleton

If we can stop their running game and lock down Riley Stapleton then I think we have a good chance.

Bison on Offense should play a clean game and no unnecessary penalty. If we are in 3rd and long situation i will guarantee JMU will bring an extra Nickle back and try to shutdown our receivers. It is very hard throwing to our receivers covered by their CBs.

GOBISON123
01-05-2018, 01:18 AM

The problem I see with Stick is he locking on to one receiver, if a DB follows his eyes it is easy to tell where he is going to throw. Also he is not good a managing the game like Brock. Brock did not have the arm strength like Stick or Carson but he was amazing at making checks and calling the right plays, case in point, Kansas State game 4th qrtr. Easton lacks these abilities.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-05-2018, 02:23 AM
Tanners Overland Park. Details here: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/championship-watch-parties

I was in KC during the Illinois State game and stopped by this watch party. Not a very big room, but the guy who hosts it was super nice, as were the other people there.

Christopher Moen
01-05-2018, 05:07 AM
The problem I see with Stick is he locking on to one receiver, if a DB follows his eyes it is easy to tell where he is going to throw. Also he is not good a managing the game like Brock. Brock did not have the arm strength like Stick or Carson but he was amazing at making checks and calling the right plays, case in point, Kansas State game 4th qrtr. Easton lacks these abilities.

Your trolling never improves because you say the same thing, regardless if it is accurate or not. Try using Easton’s complete Junior season (or at least the playoffs) if you’re going to be a critic.

Cherry-picking his bad moments from only a few games doesn’t make you an analyst, but rather an anal idiot.

Hardrocker
01-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Brad has a pretty good group at Tanners in Overland Park. I plan to be watching at Danny's Sports Bar & Grill in the Legends. 10940 Parallel Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66109 They usually put it up on the big screen with no sound, I listen to Jeff, Phil & Jeremy on 1660 during the game.