12/30/2017: Friday: 27/44 Saturday: 38/48 12mph
12/31/2017: Friday: 30/46 Saturday: 41/50 13mph
01/01/2018: Friday: 28/47 Saturday: 43/48 13mph
01/02/2018: Friday: 30/49 Saturday: 42/52 13mph

I'll update this post each day.

NDSUBowler
12-29-2017, 03:20 PM
What are you using for updates?

Weather Underground shows 25/42 Friday and 33/45 Saturday.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/tx/frisco/75033?cm_ven=localwx_10day

BisonNeil
12-29-2017, 03:23 PM
Weather forecasts more than five days out are basically useless. With that said, given how deep the jet stream has dipped into the USA, it is very likely going to be a very chilly day.

stevdock
12-29-2017, 03:29 PM
I'll take that forecast over what I saw a few days ago. It was saying 60% of rain for most of the day on Saturday. That would make for an interesting game, and an annoying ride back for us that need to drive back right after the game.

southcliffbison
12-29-2017, 03:38 PM
I'll take that forecast over what I saw a few days ago. It was saying 60% of rain for most of the day on Saturday. That would make for an interesting game, and an annoying ride back for us that need to drive back right after the game.

I remember the Illinois State game..........chilly sumbitch.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2017, 03:39 PM
I remember the Illinois State game..........chilly sumbitch.

This year's ISUr game was the worst conditions I've ever sat through for a game. I'll take anything better than that.

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2017, 03:43 PM
This year's ISUr game was the worst conditions I've ever sat through for a game. I'll take anything better than that.

Don't be a baby. It was fun
Can you imagine the whining if it's cold??

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't be a baby. It was fun
Can you imagine the whining if it's cold??

I just wasn't ready for the temp drop.

NDSUstudent
12-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Tom Szymanski just said upper 40s and maybe 50s if it is sunny for gameday.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler
12-29-2017, 03:56 PM
Weather forecasts more than five days out are basically useless. With that said, given how deep the jet stream has dipped into the USA, it is very likely going to be a very chilly day.

Let us have our fun, party pooper.

imabison
12-29-2017, 04:00 PM

However there is a 100% change of Thundar!!!

tony
12-29-2017, 04:05 PM
What are you using for updates?

Weather Underground shows 25/42 Friday and 33/45 Saturday.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/tx/frisco/75033?cm_ven=localwx_10day

I was using Accuweather.com. Weather Channel shows pretty much what you have. Maybe I should do a grid of the various forecasts.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Tom Szymanski just said uppers and Old English 40's

Fixed it for ya.

IndyBison
12-29-2017, 04:08 PM
This year's ISUr game was the worst conditions I've ever sat through for a game. I'll take anything better than that.Working on a field 2 miles away I will concur. I at least got to move around. It had to be much worse in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Working on a field 2 miles away I will concur. I at least got to move around. It had to be much worse in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had resigned myself to be wet. That snow and cold threw me for a loop as I didn't plan for it. It was actually pretty fun to be there but I wouldn't like to do that much more.

tony
12-29-2017, 04:12 PM

Was at the '86 Augustana game - probably the most fun I've had... guys were sliding down headfirst down the aisles and, by the second half, we all were comfortable. Kinda looked like the second half at ISU-R was a little more comfortable too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

Around 14 at game time, wind speed was >30 mph.

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Was at this game - probably the most fun I've had... guys were sliding down the aisles and, by the second half, we all were comfortable. Kinda looked like the second half at ISU-R was a little more comfortable too.

After the first score at isu-r the crowd became more excited, thus more active and in turn it became more confortable. As always, a win makes it all better.

Gully
12-29-2017, 05:57 PM
I was using Accuweather.com. Weather Channel shows pretty much what you have. Maybe I should do a grid of the various forecasts.

Maybe audit could add probability cones as well? :)

coloradobison
12-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Was at the '86 Augustana game - probably the most fun I've had... guys were sliding down headfirst down the aisles and, by the second half, we all were comfortable. Kinda looked like the second half at ISU-R was a little more comfortable too.

Yeah, but was Road there? (purple)

EC8CH
12-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Here's the updated weather forecast from the NCAA:

https://i.imgflip.com/21umkd.jpg

imabison
12-29-2017, 08:16 PM

I was there great time, but had to leave at 3rd to go to work...

perthbison
12-29-2017, 08:25 PM
Yeah, but was Road there? (purple)
If anyone has video o f road sliding down the aisles head first they need to post it. (Purple I think)

tony
12-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Here's the updated weather forecast from the NCAA:

https://i.imgflip.com/21umkd.jpg

They need to show the "Chance of Streamers"

tony
12-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Updated the first post.

Accuweather went down 10 degrees on the expected high. Also looks like it might be breezy.

Bison03
12-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Well, compared to the weather this weekend in North Dakota, Frisco is going to feel damn near tropical!!

PlainsBison
12-30-2017, 02:29 PM
I tend to read the weather forecast discussions that come out twice a day instead of the specific forecast for the day. This one is interesting from this morning.

By the weekend the upper level pattern will become more zonal and a developing Pacific storm system will bring southerly winds and gulf moisture northward. When the rich moisture tries to dislodge the cool air near the surface it looks like we will contend with cloudy, cool, damp, and possibly foggy conditions next weekend.

BisonHorns
12-30-2017, 02:42 PM
Here is some science to stay warm. I know science doesnt bwlong here, but. On myth busters they found when your core is kept warm your body heats your hands and feet. When your body is cold it pulls heat from limbs to protect the core. I use some hand warmers or atick on warmers around my back or stomach. I can be out in the cold for long periods and feel great for 5 bucks top.

td577
12-30-2017, 03:56 PM
I had Rob Kupec as a classmate a few years ago in graduate school. I asked him how weather forecasting is different today than in the past. He said, and I have followed this and he is probably pretty right, in the past it was considered really good if you could get it right about 3 days out. With today's equipment and techniques, meteorologists are predicting 10 days out with way over 90+% accuracy.

I just looked up next Saturday. Kickoff around 43 and get to around 48, at best. It will feel like high 30s to low 40s. That seems about right for 4 of the 5 years down there.

Bison03
12-30-2017, 04:34 PM
What’s the weather going to be like next weekend in Grand Forks. :)

EC8CH
12-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Here is some science to stay warm. I know science doesnt bwlong here, but. On myth busters they found when your core is kept warm your body heats your hands and feet. When your body is cold it pulls heat from limbs to protect the core. I use some hand warmers or atick on warmers around my back or stomach. I can be out in the cold for long periods and feel great for 5 bucks top.

I put the fireball in my stomach to stay warm... SCIENCE!

bisonfanette
12-30-2017, 06:02 PM
I put the fireball in my stomach to stay warm... SCIENCE!

Will you share? :rofl: I'm getting nervous about the cold. I've got to "Take it for the TEAM" & hold the "signs" but I'm going to .... probably.... die.

cx500d
12-30-2017, 07:07 PM

I was there too, peppermint schnapps and snowshoe grog helped get through that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marenlee
12-30-2017, 07:41 PM
I have become very soft after Guam and now Hawaii. It gets down to 65 here sometimes and my wife and I are freezing.

56BISON73
12-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Im taking cold weather and rain gear with me. problem solved.

BisonTeacher
12-30-2017, 08:42 PM
I have become very soft after Guam and now Hawaii. It gets down to 65 here sometimes and my wife and I are freezing.

I'd kill for 65 right now.

NovaBison
12-30-2017, 10:46 PM

When I was assigned to Hawaii, I remember wearing a sweatshirt one time... one time in 3 years... and it was with shorts and flip flops of course... Hawaii weather is really perfect all the time.

stevdock
12-31-2017, 01:11 AM
Will you share? :rofl: I'm getting nervous about the cold. I've got to "Take it for the TEAM" & hold the "signs" but I'm going to .... probably.... die.

I thought I sent you a Christmas present to take care of that situation??

89MTBISON
12-31-2017, 01:18 AM
Local NBC station says 48 for friday and sunny, 52 for saturday partly cloudy, N wind at 16mph.

MNLonghorn10
12-31-2017, 01:19 AM
Local NBC station says 48 for friday and sunny, 52 for saturday partly cloudy, N wind at 16mph.

At 3 PM...itll probably be cool at kick off, and cold for tailgating

89MTBISON
12-31-2017, 01:26 AM
At 3 PM...itll probably be cool at kick off, and cold for tailgating

I'm guessing the tailgating will be super cool, and the reception the Ducks receive at gametime will be very cold.

bisonfanette
12-31-2017, 01:51 AM
I thought I sent you a Christmas present to take care of that situation??

You did!!! But I still have to hold signs, & cheer, & TRY to be BISON TOUGH!

56BISON73
12-31-2017, 02:17 AM
You did!!! But I still have to hold signs, & cheer, & TRY to be BISON TOUGH!

There is no whining in Bison Tough.

bisonfanette
12-31-2017, 02:35 AM
There is no whining in Bison Tough.

True, True, True... I'll buck up!

stevdock
12-31-2017, 02:58 AM
Frisco is currently under a Winter Weather Advisory. I was very confused when they are currently at 32 degrees and only going to drop to 28. Apparently it is being issued due to "Occasional Freezing Drizzle."

BisonTeacher
12-31-2017, 03:07 AM
Frisco is currently under a Winter Weather Advisory. I was very confused when they are currently at 32 degrees and only going to drop to 28. Apparently it is being issued due to "Occasional Freezing Drizzle."

That's so cute.

EC8CH
12-31-2017, 03:21 AM

Cold front being pushed south ahead of the migration of the herd.

bisonfanette
12-31-2017, 05:33 AM
Cold front being pushed south ahead of the migration of the herd.

Correct... 8174

scbison91
12-31-2017, 11:42 AM
That's so cute. If you been to DFW, you know there a whole a lot of bridges and some of them of few stories.... Anytime it rains and below freezing, you gonna get an advisory as those bridges are going to get icy very very fast. Millions of cars and icy bridges is not a good situation...

scbison91
12-31-2017, 11:59 AM
If you been to DFW, you know there a whole a lot of bridges and some of them of few stories.... Anytime it rains and below freezing, you gonna get an advisory as those bridges are going to get icy very very fast. Millions of cars and icy bridges is not a good situation...when I lived in DFW I had to commute from Lewisville/Flower Mound to Fort Worth.. I think I counted I drove over 30 to 40 bridges.. some big ones and a lot of small ones that went over creeks/rivers. They don't winter weather budgets for roads as this weather only happens a couple of times a year.

cbline
12-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Correct... 8174

Always an awesome picture to see!

td577
12-31-2017, 03:52 PM
when I lived in DFW I had to commute from Lewisville/Flower Mound to Fort Worth.. I think I counted I drove over 30 to 40 bridges.. some big ones and a lot of small ones that went over creeks/rivers. They don't winter weather budgets for roads as this weather only happens a couple of times a year.

I drove through Kentucky once during a blizzard and there were cars all over the place. I was in my Outback with snow tires and got pulled over. The cop said I was scaring the hell out of people. Not only were there are lot of cars without winter tires, there were a lot without even all-season radials.

I have to think you would see all-season tires in DFW area, but if not, just the slightest amount of freezing on the roads and it would make for very difficult driving. Plus like you said, no investment in anti-freeze on the bridges. I am sure there are not a lot of people even in the FM area that know a lot of the bridges here have anti-freeze sprinkler systems on them.

oldmantutters
12-31-2017, 03:59 PM
I drove through Kentucky once during a blizzard and there were cars all over the place. I was in my Outback with snow tires and got pulled over. The cop said I was scaring the hell out of people. Not only were there are lot of cars without winter tires, there were a lot without even all-season radials.

I have to think you would see all-season tires in DFW area, but if not, just the slightest amount of freezing on the roads and it would make for very difficult driving. Plus like you said, no investment in anti-freeze on the bridges. I am sure there are not a lot of people even in the FM area that know a lot of the bridges here have anti-freeze sprinkler systems on them.You mean the system that is constantly being worked on?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
12-31-2017, 05:48 PM
I was in the DFW area this week and they were putting down salt brine on all the bridges and major highways in anticipation of winter weather which does mean ice or minor snow there. Not sure if any of the smaller roads were getting any saline love, though (probably not).

imabison
12-31-2017, 06:14 PM

I have to think you would see all-season tires in DFW area, but if not, just the slightest amount of freezing on the roads and it would make for very difficult driving. Plus like you said, no investment in anti-freeze on the bridges. I am sure there are not a lot of people even in the FM area that know a lot of the bridges here have anti-freeze sprinkler systems on them.

Any rain, not necessarily freezing in Dallas causes oil to come from the roads and they get slippery for the locals driving anyway. Not necessarily for tourists...

Hammerhead
12-31-2017, 08:54 PM
It was the same thing in Portland where it only snows on average once or twice a year with a few days of freezing rain most winters. One time I had to help push a BMW out of the way to get to my wife's office when tire chains were required to be on the roads and she was probably running some kind of summer tires. Just look how crappy some people up here drive in the first snow and then realize that most people in Dallas don't drive in snow or ice more than once in a typical winter.

1998braves64
12-31-2017, 08:56 PM
I have become very soft after Guam and now Hawaii. It gets down to 65 here sometimes and my wife and I are freezing.Gets to 65 in my house and my wife thinks she's going to die!, well to be fair it's been -20 the past couple days. When is the last time we were above 0?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

1998braves64
12-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Just a thought I remember the Towson game seems they were talking lower 50s and wind up to about 4-5 days before. Ended up being the nicest chipper weather so far? There have been some really nice days prior to game day the 2 years we were there #1 & #3.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Has Oklahoma purchased any salt trucks or snow plows yet?

td577
12-31-2017, 09:45 PM
Just a thought I remember the Towson game seems they were talking lower 50s and wind up to about 4-5 days before. Ended up being the nicest chipper weather so far? There have been some really nice days prior to game day the 2 years we were there #1 & #3.

I remember wearing shorts on Friday before the 1st one. The JSU game seemed like the coldest. The rest are a blur.

The other problem with the game starting at 11 is that the high for the day won't be until after the game is over.

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2017, 10:01 PM
I remember wearing shorts on Friday before the 1st one. The JSU game seemed like the coldest. The rest are a blur.

The other problem with the game starting at 11 is that the high for the day won't be until after the game is over.

Friday of the first one we pulled into the hotel, it was 72 degrees.
At 70 and above I drink gin and tonics. I had 2 with my oysters.

perthbison
12-31-2017, 10:26 PM

I think the okies spend that money on the sooners instead

BisonTeacher
12-31-2017, 10:54 PM

I hope everyone has safe travels whether flying or driving.

DakotaOkie
12-31-2017, 11:03 PM

Come on, now...OU football expenses are only $130,000,000 per year. How can you run a respectable football program on anything less??? The mere thought of spending money on a snow plow used half a dozen times every 2 or three years is unthinkable when you can put that same money into a football stadium used 7 times per year. That is obviously fiscally irresponsible.

A1pigskin
01-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Come on, now...OU football expenses are only $130,000,000 per year. How can you run a respectable football program on anything less??? The mere thought of spending money on a snow plow used half a dozen times every 2 or three years is unthinkable when you can put that same money into a football stadium used 7 times per year. That is obviously fiscally irresponsible.

Right.................

stevdock
01-01-2018, 02:05 PM

If not it sure seemed like it was a quick state to drive through. Maybe because on the way down we were just excited to get there and knew it was basically just over the border and then on the way back we were still celebrating a win ;)

DakotaOkie
01-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Right.................

The $130,000,000 part was right. Allegedly all paid for by donors and other "non-allocated" funding.

DCinOK
01-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Oklahoma...have lived here 20 plus years now and love the place. HS football here is very good. Big Sooners fan up in MN back in the 80s...thought the wishbone was King..just like The Veer. I'm set for a big week...OU today, Bison Saturday...and lately the best thing about OK is that it's such a short drive to Frisco.

BisonTeacher
01-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Oklahoma...have lived here 20 plus years now and love the place. HS football here is very good. Big Sooners fan up in MN back in the 80s...thought the wishbone was King..just like The Veer. I'm set for a big week...OU today, Bison Saturday...and lately the best thing about OK is that it's such a short drive to Frisco.

Short if there's no ice on the road.

89MTBISON
01-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Forecast settling in at 48 d Friday 54 d Saturday. Sunny friday, partly cloudy Saturday. Light winds with little chance of precip.

Mr Meaty
01-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Forecast for anyone driving down on Thursday looks good.

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Forecast for anyone driving down on Thursday looks good.

First trip being retired. I want to get to Frisco fast but let's see if we can wander on our way home.
50/50 chance.

DakotaOkie
01-01-2018, 09:26 PM
First trip being retired. I want to get to Frisco fast but let's see if we can wander on our way home.
50/50 chance.
Just an idea, but this time of year wandering to Austin or San Antonio might be a good option if you have not ever done so. SA is only 300 miles from Frisco. Austin is about half of that.

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Just an idea, but this time of year wandering to Austin or San Antonio might be a good option if you have not ever done so. SA is only 300 miles from Frisco. Austin is about half of that.

Been to San Antonio years ago. It is a pretty place to visit. And good food!

1998braves64
01-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Also need to note that the low indicated on Friday is going to indicate how chilly it will be Saturday morning. So on tony's first post Friday lows of 31 (accuweather) and 28 (weather.com) (for 1/1 forecase) will indicate morning @ 6am is probably going to be right around those temperatures and the high will not be achieved until around 3-4 pm.

TateMosersneighbor
01-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Also need to note that the low indicated on Friday is going to indicate how chilly it will be Saturday morning. So on tony's first post Friday lows of 31 (accuweather) and 28 (weather.com) (for 1/1 forecase) will indicate morning @ 6am is probably going to be right around those temperatures and the high will not be achieved until around 3-4 pm.

I will be high on Rum from 6am to 1030am on Saturday.

Mr Meaty
01-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Whiskey baby!!!!

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2018, 09:19 PM

Favor Austin if you must choose - especially if you like music.

Stay here: https://www.driskillhotel.com/
Go here: https://www.antonesnightclub.com/
and here: https://saltlickbbq.com/
and here: http://www.blacksbbq.com/site/austin
and here: https://www.stubbsaustin.com/
and here: https://ironworksbbq.com/

Those Longhorns will show you a thing or two about a street party down on "dirty sixth" any day of the week that ends in "y".

What did I miss Texans?

oh yeah, this here: http://acltv.com/
and this: http://east.lustrepearlaustin.com/

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 09:26 PM

I call b.s. last time we were in Frisco you were more of a 9am than 6am tailgater. If I remember right I left without you. :). And that was when it was a 1pm game.

HerdThat!
01-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Mostly sunny and 57 projected for Sat

1998braves64
01-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Sunny and 50 @ kickoff time with ~10 mph wind from SE west side should feel pretty good!

StL Bison Fan
01-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Mostly sunny and 57 projected for Sat

I predict we will see shorts

tony
01-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Oops, forgot to update this.

It does show that the weather forecast means nothing more than 5 days out.

1998braves64
01-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Looking like it'll be a very decent day. Probably will not beat Towson game when it got to 60s towards the end of the game but will be close!

A lot better than the crap we've had for the past 2 or so weeks anyway!

TransAmBison
01-05-2018, 10:14 PM
61 right now... perfect day...

BisonHorns
01-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Weatherman got the thunder part right.