PDA

View Full Version : The cornerback situation

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2017, 04:50 PM
First of all wow what a game from Bridges. He was a freaking lockdown corner in that game. Tall, athletic, physical and great ball skills. I think we just found a diamond in the rough.

Now for the downside. Likely two starting corners out. Do we move Dempsey to corner in Frisco?

Frisco Jason
12-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Good point; Dempsey has played corner before I believe! If not; either him or Mr Emergency James Hendricks; this guy is amazing!

PattyBison
12-16-2017, 04:57 PM
First of all wow what a game from Bridges. He was a freaking lockdown corner in that game. Tall, athletic, physical and great ball skills. I think we just found a diamond in the rough.

Now for the downside. Likely two starting corners out. Do we move Dempsey to corner in Frisco?

Kleiman said it is unlikely they will move Tre today on the radio.

MAKBison
12-16-2017, 04:58 PM
CK will figure it out...Lets get some recruiting done today and focus on how tomarrow

Professor Chaos
12-16-2017, 05:00 PM
What's up with Dom Davis? I don't remember hearing that his injury was season ending. Any chance he's back for the natty? It would be nice to have at least 3 CBs out there for Frisco with significant snaps played in their careers.

KTF
12-16-2017, 05:10 PM
In Kleiman I trust... He is a mastermind when it comes to defense. He will put this defense in the best position possible....

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Against good passing teams we're in nickel a lot. Jabril Cox is going to be key as well as James Hendricks. Bridges has great ball skills.

PattyBison
12-16-2017, 05:37 PM
What's up with Dom Davis? I don't remember hearing that his injury was season ending. Any chance he's back for the natty? It would be nice to have at least 3 CBs out there for Frisco with significant snaps played in their careers.

Kleiman said this morning that they expect him back.

td577
12-16-2017, 05:45 PM
3 weeks to scheme against an opponent. CK has this covered no matter who is available.

Bison"FANatic"
12-16-2017, 06:13 PM
At least we have time to get them more practice reps and lots of film time on the opposing team. It still is a very concerning development. It is going to be fun come 1-6!!!!

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2017, 06:16 PM
At least we have time to get them more practice reps and lots of film time on the opposing team. It still is a very concerning development. It is going to be fun come 1-6!!!!

We don’t have just this game to worry about. Next year just because very concerning.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2017, 06:17 PM
We don’t have just this game to worry about. Next year just because very concerning.

Why don't you tell us more about how much Easton Stick sucks.

Your takes are positively nuclear.

Bison"FANatic"
12-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Why don't you tell us more about how much Easton Stick sucks.

Your takes are positively nuclear.

Seriously you are starting to make this board unreadable by being a dick in just about every thread. Take a chill pill.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Seriously you are starting to make this board unreadable by being a dick in just about every thread. Take a chill pill.

yeah. him spouting garbage on our QB was totally reasonable.

Calm your tits, we'll be fine.

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2017, 06:35 PM
yeah. him spouting garbage on our QB was totally reasonable.

Calm your tits, we'll be fine.

Only person that needs to worry about their tits is you tubby.

KNOW IT ALL
12-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Every team suffers big losses in this game we call Football. an hour away from the JMU and SDSU game, watch and see the winner will suffer 2-3 player injuries as well. Its all about depth, and the Bison have quality depth at all positions. Losing a starting QB at this juncture of the season is the only real Head Banger for any team and ours is pretty darn healthy coming into the final game of the season. Im betting Ty Brooks plays a few quality snaps in the Finals as well.

mtoutfitter
12-16-2017, 07:33 PM

Why is that? Allison and Wimbush should be back and ready along with Bridges, Davis, Hayes and Dixon....although haven't heard much about Dixon to this point. Tre Fort and Godfrey also on the roster.

HerdBot
12-16-2017, 07:39 PM
I would feel much better with Dom Davis coming back. Kid has big time talent as does Bridges. Josh Hayes is raw but uber talented

HerdBot
12-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Only person that needs to worry about their tits is you tubby.

bitch tits
https://i.imgur.com/K4owJIX.gif

Nel360
12-17-2017, 12:31 AM
What's up with Dom Davis? I don't remember hearing that his injury was season ending. Any chance he's back for the natty? It would be nice to have at least 3 CBs out there for Frisco with significant snaps played in their careers.Coming back from injury. Coach K thought he should be available

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
12-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Against good passing teams we're in nickel a lot. Jabril Cox is going to be key as well as James Hendricks. Bridges has great ball skills.
SHSU was almost exclusively 4 wide from the 2nd quarter on last night and the Bison never went out of their base defense (or if they did it was very rare). Cox and Deluca were constantly lined up over their slot receivers. I'd say if they had the confidence to do that against SHSU's high octane passing attack they'll have the confidence to do that against JMU too. I'm sure having a little depth for those outside guys would be very welcome though so glad to hear Davis is due back.

EndZoneQB
12-17-2017, 01:19 AM
JMU is a MUCH better matchup without Wimbush/Allison. Not that it makes it any better, but certainly benefits us. Schor is just not the same guy that Christion can be when he is on. Tonight's game reminded me of UNI when Christion couldn't hit the broad side of the Dykehouse.

bisonmike2
12-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Any chance Klienman is pulling a rope a dope and we'll get at least I e of these guys back? I mean, there's no incentive to say that any of these guys will be back.

EC8CH
12-17-2017, 03:14 AM
Any chance Klienman is pulling a rope a dope and we'll get at least I e of these guys back? I mean, there's no incentive to say that any of these guys will be back.

Didn't see Wimbush go down but the other two looked pretty bad. I'd be surprised to see them back in three weeks.

23Bison
12-17-2017, 03:38 AM
When did Wimbush go down and what happened? I never did see or hear anything about during the game and didn’t find out till after it was over. Bridges played great!

EC8CH
12-17-2017, 03:53 AM
When did Wimbush go down and what happened? I never did see or hear anything about during the game and didn’t find out till after it was over. Bridges played great!

Must have made it to the sideline when he got hurt. Had a leg brace on afterwards. Likely some type of knee injury I'd guess.

ZHerd
12-17-2017, 03:56 AM
All I know is that yesterday was the first time in years that I've seen an NDSU corner make great plays on the ball and the corner that made those plays isn't injured

EC8CH
12-17-2017, 03:59 AM
All I know is that yesterday was the first time in years that I've seen an NDSU corner make great plays on the ball and the corner that made those plays isn't injured

You do have a point.

NovaBison
12-17-2017, 04:02 AM

I was thinking the same thing

23Bison
12-17-2017, 04:13 AM

There is a lot of truth being said here!!! Well done!!

Bison20
12-17-2017, 04:26 AM
The way cox is playing I'm sure he could play corner. (Purple) just hope bridges plays another great game like Friday. Definitely looks like a great move switching him to defense. Hope that dom Davis is back and wimbush can play.

NDSU
12-17-2017, 05:18 AM

It was at some point in the first half as he was on the sidelines during half time warmups. I assume some sort of knee injury as there was no bending of the knee as he moved around the side line.

56BISON73
12-17-2017, 05:58 AM
JMU is a MUCH better matchup without Wimbush/Allison. Not that it makes it any better, but certainly benefits us. Schor is just not the same guy that Christion can be when he is on. Tonight's game reminded me of UNI when Christion couldn't hit the broad side of the Dykehouse.

You lost me here?

Portlandbison
12-17-2017, 06:39 AM
You lost me here?

I'm guessing he is referring to facing jmu without our starting cb's is a lot better than facing sdsu without Allison and winbush

Professor Chaos
12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
The way cox is playing I'm sure he could play corner. (Purple) just hope bridges plays another great game like Friday. Definitely looks like a great move switching him to defense. Hope that dom Davis is back and wimbush can play.
I don't think you need to purple-ize that comment about Cox. He was constantly lined up over SHSU's slot receiver last Friday night. It's not an ideal situation but he's probably not much worse in pass coverage than NDSU's nickel corner right now and he's light years better against the run. JMU runs a lot of jet sweep action based on their games that I've watched so I doubt Cox ever leaves the field given how good in pursuit he is.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2017, 01:38 PM

I think playing nickel against JMU is the worst thing we could do. With shaky CB play, we will need to get a ton of pressure on the QB if we stand a chance of stopping these guys.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2017, 01:40 PM
I think playing nickel against JMU is the worst thing we could do. With shaky CB play, we will need to get a ton of pressure on the QB if we stand a chance of stopping these guys.

We're not going to have to. With the exception of chuck and duck to that new kid, they don't have much of a passing game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2017, 01:48 PM
We're not going to have to. With the exception of chuck and duck to that new kid, they don't have much of a passing game.

Don't they still have those big, tall, athletic receivers?

I'll admit, I haven't watched any JMU games with the exception of the second half of the bunnies game.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Don't they still have those big, tall, athletic receivers?

I'll admit, I haven't watched any JMU games with the exception of the second half of the bunnies game.

They have on kid, Riley Stapleton who seems to bail them out on 3rd down a lot. The other ones, if any, weren't notable.

oldmantutters
12-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Their slot guy, All's, is an FBS transfer with some talent. They use him a lot like we used Ryan Smith. Stapleton has been good for them the past two games, sounds like the playoffs have kind of been good coming out party. Their two backs are talented and tackling them all day will take a toll. Schorr doesn't scare me. He is efficient but I wouldn't consider him special in any facet of the QB position.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Their slot guy, All's, is an FBS transfer with some talent. They use him a lot like we used Ryan Smith. Stapleton has been good for them the past two games, sounds like the playoffs have kind of been good coming out party. Their two backs are talented and tackling them all day will take a toll. Schorr doesn't scare me. He is efficient but I wouldn't consider him special in any facet of the QB position.

I don't really want to talk about the 3 people we won't have in this game, how about the 3 people we WILL have in this game? Tanguay, Deluca, and Cox.

We got killed up the middle last year, I love PGT but he wasn't ready to come back. I feel really good about our D ability to contain them.

Bison_Pride
12-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Thank God we all have Cox.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2017, 06:05 PM
I'd still prefer to have Jalen and Jaylaan healthy but one thing that seemed promising in the SHSU game was how well Bridges played the ball in the air near the endzone. He picked off one fade route and knocked another away that took a lucky bounce to get SHSU their only TD. I wonder if his WR background helps him with those kind of plays?
Schor likes to toss up jump balls in single coverage to Stapleton in particular recently. If Bridges can keep it going from the SHSU game that may burn JMU.

HerdBot
12-17-2017, 07:32 PM
I don't really want to talk about the 3 people we won't have in this game, how about the 3 people we WILL have in this game? Tanguay, Deluca, and Cox.

We got killed up the middle last year, I love PGT but he wasn't ready to come back. I feel really good about our D ability to contain them.

Our linebackers are so much better than last year it's almost comical and PGT was injured. Our front 7, especially interior is dramatically better too. Last year Tanguey was out. We lost Steidl during that game and at the time Blake Williams was playing some of his first extended action and he's so much better now. We also were so thin at DT we played Caleb Butler way too much inside and Jack Darnell as a red shirt freshman . This year we can rotate like 10 guys on the dline

Corners are definitely a concern though

NDSU German from Russia
12-17-2017, 08:13 PM

I seem to remember Klienman pulling that card with that Bismarck kid a few years ago....found out he was ready to play the night before.

Ty Brooks shoulder....if DeLuca can dislocated and then come back a week later, helping beat EWU and then Iowa & then pull medical redshirt, you'd think Ty (with three weeks rest) would see a little Frisco action, no?

I'm not sure if I've seen Klienman/Tre Dempsey more pissed in a post game presser than when talking about Jalen Allison injury.

I thought, for sure SDSU would take down JMU. I guessed wrong.

HerdBot
12-17-2017, 08:54 PM
I seem to remember Klienman pulling that card with that Bismarck kid a few years ago....found out he was ready to play the night before.

Ty Brooks shoulder....if DeLuca can dislocated and then come back a week later, helping beat EWU and then Iowa & then pull medical redshirt, you'd think Ty (with three weeks rest) would see a little Frisco action, no?

I'm not sure if I've seen Klienman/Tre Dempsey more pissed in a post game presser than when talking about Jalen Allison injury.

I thought, for sure SDSU would take down JMU. I guessed wrong.

Depends if it's a dislocation or separation. DeLuca was able to play short term vs Iowa but long term he took the medical red shirt. They can put on a brace that limits range of motion. I'm thinking best case he could get a few touches but more than likely he's out

23Bison
12-17-2017, 09:17 PM
I know all three got hurt but is there a chance that KC is basically doing something gamesmanship here? I mean he’s not going to say yeah they’ll be completely fine and play for the NC? Why not just say that all three will be out for the season knowing full well that you might get maybe two of them back. Just speculation I guess.

Usining the word (knowing) loosely here. He won’t know the extent of the injuries until probably Monday night.

89MTBISON
12-17-2017, 10:02 PM
This is why you play 2 cupcakes in OOC. The underclassmen need real game reps, we got that playing MVSU and Bobby Morris. Paying dividends in the postseason. Dom Davis should be healthy by Jan. 6.

HerdBot
12-17-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping Klieman is just staying quiet on Lance Dunn but I am pretty sure if it's a torn labrum in his hip with surgery it's a 4-6 month injury. 3 - 1/2 months is probably the best case. It will be 2 - 1/2 month come Frisco. Of course athletics have access to better rehab stuff so it's possible but unlikely

EC8CH
12-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Dunn didn't have surgery.

23Bison
12-17-2017, 11:33 PM
:offtopic: but maybe Menard didn’t tear his ACL...

Think about that. :hide:

Green1
12-17-2017, 11:40 PM
:offtopic: but maybe Menard didn’t tear his ACL...

Think about that. :hide:

Whoa....

This is either the most brilliant post this year on Bisonville or the dumbest. It's December people, think about that!

Well done 23Bison!

23Bison
12-17-2017, 11:53 PM
Just go with it and have some fun. Have three weeks to talk about this stuff.

Green1
12-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Just go with it and have some fun. Have three weeks to talk about this stuff.

I'm in!! :biggrin:

bisonlax44
12-18-2017, 12:31 AM
From October 30th:

"Out for the foreseeable future is junior Lance Dunn, who will be sidelined four to six weeks with a torn labrum in his hip. Dunn was hurt late in the game two weeks ago against Western Illinois, but Klieman said further analysis in the last week indicated he will not need surgery. "He will not likely play this season," Klieman said. "Based on that time table, if we're fortunate to make the playoffs, it would still be touch and go."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4351639-college-football-dunns-injury-expected-be-season-ending-ndsu

The comment about no surgery is dead on, and it's been 8 weeks. Recent whispers of him running sure could become interesting once 1/6 rolls around... sure would be a huge boost to our offense going Dunn/Anderson!

KNOW IT ALL
12-18-2017, 06:31 PM
If its been 8 weeks and he's gonna rest it another 3 weeks on a non-surgical injury, no brakes, He may well be practicing at full speed by January 6th. Ty Brooks may be good to go as well if it was a clean injury, yet to be released by the team. Ty Brooks is a game breaker, again I say he's a FCS version of Barry Sanders.

17>1
12-18-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm at work and haven't heard anything from the presser...or if the presser has even happened yet, but coach is usually pretty good about disclosing season ending injuries during it. So maybe we should wait a bit until we hear from him on the status of some of these guys?

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm at work and haven't heard anything from the presser...or if the presser has even happened yet, but coach is usually pretty good about disclosing season ending injuries during it. So maybe we should wait a bit until we hear from him on the status of some of these guys?

I don't think there will be a presser until they come back next week.

Bison"FANatic"
12-18-2017, 06:58 PM
They could have their knee grafted to their ear and be in a full body cast and all we should hear is Klieman saying, "We will know more closer to game time"

Professor Chaos
12-18-2017, 07:05 PM

I don't think there will be a presser until they come back next week.
Yeah, no presser today. It usually starts at 2PM and right now Cowherd is blathering on 1660. No coach's show tonight either with Culhane in Arizona calling the basketball game.

There is a press conference Wednesday though for the early signing day so I'd assume we may get some Frisco injury news then.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Yeah, no presser today. It usually starts at 2PM and right now Cowherd is blathering on 1660. No coach's show tonight either with Culhane in Arizona calling the basketball game.

There is a press conference Wednesday though for the early signing day so I'd assume we may get some Frisco injury news then.

I'm sure coaches are on a full court press to close as much recruiting as possible.

17>1
12-18-2017, 07:42 PM
They could have their knee grafted to their ear and be in a full body cast and all we should hear is Klieman saying, "We will know more closer to game time"

If a guy is hurt with the chance of coming back, then I would expect nothing less from Klieman than coach speak on the subject. However if a kid is out for the year, it seems that he's been rather up front on the issue and reports it the following Monday.

Also, didn't know there wasn't going to be a presser today....carry on with the speculation (not you FANatic).

89MTBISON
12-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Kleiman was completely mum on Wentz prior to the 2015 title tilt. Expect more of the same for this one.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm sure coaches are on a full court press to close as much recruiting as possible.

Dead zone.

Kermit
12-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Dead zone.

We are in a dead period. No face-to-face contact—but phone calls and texting are allowed.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

bri-dog
12-18-2017, 08:44 PM
We are in a dead period. No face-to-face contact—but phone calls and texting are allowed.

Y'know, maybe I should have instituted this years ago in my marriage. Maybe we'd still be married... :biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 08:45 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

No wonder they were on the road Saturday. Bet there were 16 hour days put in. They could not see them yesterday either!

MankatoBison
12-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Marquise Bridges was a beast Friday night.

I feel almost the same about him filling in for the Jaylen's as I do with Jabril filling in for Matt Plank etc.

We had some crazy depth

Professor Chaos
12-18-2017, 08:52 PM

I feel almost the same about him filling in for the Jaylen's as I do with Jabril filling in for Matt Plank etc.

We had some crazy depth
Yeah, I think Bridges will be fine. Hayes didn't exactly elicit a lot of confidence in me though. I might be putting too much stock in one play but in the 2nd half of the SHSU game Briscoe lofted a pass to his left right at the endzone I was sitting in where he had two receivers running fly routes and Hayes came off his guy (the outside receiver) to double the inside receiver even though the ball was going to the outside receiver. Led to an easy catch that set up their only TD.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2017, 09:04 PM

We had some crazy depth

The quality in the Klieman staff recruiting is really showing. THis team is LOADED coming up. Bridges can play. Hayes is huge for a freshman. Going to get tested in Frisco, but he will be ready! 3 weeks kid!

23Bison
12-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Bridges played great! Remember we have a great tandem at FS and SS back there with them. For how emotional Dempsey was in the presser about Allison we could just as well let him play LB for the title. He’ll bring it come January 6th.

Bison20
12-29-2017, 03:12 AM
What are the chances we actually could see Alison play in Frisco? That looked like a bad injury but klieman said both him and wimbush could possibly play. That would be huge if they are able to go.

ndsubison1
12-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Unlikely for Allison Id say. Wimbush seems like hes been hurt/injured all season

HerdBot
12-29-2017, 04:02 AM
What are the chances we actually could see Alison play in Frisco? That looked like a bad injury but klieman said both him and wimbush could possibly play. That would be huge if they are able to go.

Depends it's a knee sprain or partially torn mcl. A sprain or minor tear could be 2-4 weeks depending on the severity. If it's the worst it could be 4-8 weeks. Frisco will be 3 weeks and a day. If I had to take a wild guess, we see one of them. Both unlikely

Bison20
12-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Depends it's a knee sprain or partially torn mcl. A sprain or minor tear could be 2-4 weeks depending on the severity. If it's the worst it could be 4-8 weeks. Frisco will be 3 weeks and a day. If I had to take a wild guess, we see one of them. Both unlikely

I agree, really suprised with Alison even being a possibility. Good for him that atleast it's not an acl so he should be good for next year.

Bisonator98
12-29-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing neither will be at or near 100% anyway. I'd rather have Bridges and Hays out there at 100%. They looked more then capable against SHSU.

17>1
12-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Someone brought up the return of Dom Davis as well so we do have a little bit of depth there. Not much room for any further injuries, but with those safeties back there the Bison will find a way to make it work. With a healthy Deluca, the addition of Cox, and the surprise addition of Hendricks we have a lot of different things we can do defensively against the Dukes that we weren't able to last year.

oldmantutters
12-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Our defense, right now, this year is way better than it was at this time last year. I feel really good about this game. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think the Bison win comfortably.

Professor Chaos
12-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Someone brought up the return of Dom Davis as well so we do have a little bit of depth there. Not much room for any further injuries, but with those safeties back there the Bison will find a way to make it work. With a healthy Deluca, the addition of Cox, and the surprise addition of Hendricks we have a lot of different things we can do defensively against the Dukes that we weren't able to last year.
Yeah, I would guess that we'll see the same defensive philosophy as they showed against SHSU after the two CBs went out and that's stay in the base defense no matter what. For all intents and purposes Cox is the nickel DB and Deluca is the dime DB.

Bisonator98
12-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Our defense, right now, this year is way better than it was at this time last year. I feel really good about this game. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think the Bison win comfortably.

It's nearly a whole new defense personnel wise compared to last year. Much more athletic IMO.

wagsabison
12-29-2017, 02:41 PM
It's nearly a whole new defense personnel wise compared to last year. Much more athletic IMO.

We had Plank, PGT (not healthy), and Stumpf last year starting at LB. This year Deluca, Cox, and Board/Jordheim.

Light years ahead of what last years LB's were athletically.

Professor Chaos
12-29-2017, 02:44 PM
We had Plank, PGT (not healthy), and Stumpf last year starting at LB. This year Deluca, Cox, and Board/Jordheim.

Also had Morgan and Blake Williams (after Steidl went out early) as the DTs. Couple that with the fact that both Allison and Wimbush could be out and it's very possible that the Bison have 9 new starters on defense in this year's game (Dempsey and Grimsley being the only two holdovers).

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Also had Morgan and Blake Williams (after Steidl went out early) as the DTs. Couple that with the fact that both Allison and Wimbush could be out and it's very possible that the Bison have 9 new starters on defense in this year's game (Dempsey and Grimsley being the only two holdovers).

https://m.popkey.co/6562c9/0JQN8.gif

Bison20
12-29-2017, 03:13 PM

Yea the addition of cox has been huge plus we get Deluca and tanguay back. Board had been really good as well and hopefully jordheim will be 100%. Should be a great game but feel good with how our defense has been playing. Our offense I feel is much improved and play calling had been lights out. I really think we win this game by 10-17 points

stevdock
12-29-2017, 03:26 PM
I still believe that if either DeLuca or Tanguay are healthy last year for this game we win by 2 TD's. I'm guessing right now they are as healthy as they've been any time since their injuries. Plus even with all the injuries we've had, we apparently have even more depth than last year. Our young corner's will do a very nice job next week.

And the crazy thing is with a few weeks between games, if our defense wants to change up what we do they have plenty of time to get it done. And none of it will be on tape. I don't expect us to do anything drastic, but it'll be interesting to see what we do. There was hinting yesterday that Wimbush might be back for the game.

wagsabison
12-29-2017, 03:33 PM
I still believe that if either DeLuca or Tanguay are healthy last year for this game we win by 2 TD's. I'm guessing right now they are as healthy as they've been any time since their injuries. Plus even with all the injuries we've had, we apparently have even more depth than last year. Our young corner's will do a very nice job next week.

And the crazy thing is with a few weeks between games, if our defense wants to change up what we do they have plenty of time to get it done. And none of it will be on tape. I don't expect us to do anything drastic, but it'll be interesting to see what we do. There was hinting yesterday that Wimbush might be back for the game.

I don't know about that but they definitely don't make some of the plays they made to have them pull away.

Bisonator98
12-29-2017, 03:40 PM

I don't know about that, we still had Polasek calling sweep plays remember.:facepalm2:

MankatoBison
12-29-2017, 04:08 PM
I do not predict a blowout for either team however I feel more and more confident about the game

Defense:
17 Bison >>>>> 16 Bison (I would say significantly better)
Offense:
17 Bison >>>>> 16 Bison (statistically, we are VASTLY better on offense this year)

Defense:
17 JMU>>>>> 16 JMU (marginally better)
Offense:
17JMU<<<<< 16 JMU (measurable worse. definitely not bad, but visibly worse than last year)

This will NOT be a repeat of last year, and if it is, JMU shot the lights out of the building or NDSU pulls another 5 TO game. Some statistical anomaly.

wagsabison
12-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I do not predict a blowout for either team however I feel more and more confident about the game

Defense:
17 Bison >>>>> 16 Bison (I would say significantly better)
Offense:
17 Bison >>>>> 16 Bison (statistically, we are VASTLY better on offense this year)

Defense:
17 JMU>>>>> 16 JMU (marginally better)
Offense:
17JMU<<<<< 16 JMU (measurable worse. definitely not bad, but visibly worse than last year)

This will NOT be a repeat of last year, and if it is, JMU shot the lights out of the building or NDSU pulls another 5 TO game. Some statistical anomaly.

Just watching I agree our offense has improved. Just looking at the numbers somethings can be a little misleading... we had an easier OOC schedule this year so that helped inflate our offensive numbers to some degree.

bruinbison
12-29-2017, 04:23 PM

I can believe in this if all 3 of DeLuca/Tanguay/Steidl were available all game long.
(Steidl going out with injury in the 1st half)

Haven’t been to JMU’s Forum this week, but saw several mentions there from people who were reading Bisonville that Bisonville was forgetting JMU had injuries as well. In particular, on offense the all-Conference LT was injured and a FR (forget the name) was forced into action. That position is where several of JMU’s false starts came from, maybe a couple sacks as well.

HerdBot
12-29-2017, 04:58 PM

We were so thin inside that we played our current starting DE Caleb Butler at DT. Blake Williams who hadnt ever started was our top DT and freshman Jack Darnell backed him up. All these guys are way better now. Even Cole Karcz was out during that game and now he can play inside or out

I think our starters at DE were slightly better last year but as a unit we are way deeper and better against the run

JMUSteeler
12-29-2017, 05:13 PM
I can believe in this if all 3 of DeLuca/Tanguay/Steidl were available all game long.

Haven’t been to JMU’s Forum this week, but saw several mentions there from people who were reading Bisonville that Bisonville was forgetting JMU had injuries as well. In particular, on offense the all-Conference LT was injured and a FR (forget the name) was forced into action. That position is where several of JMU’s false starts came from, maybe a couple sacks as well.

We were missing SR All-American RT Mitch Kirsch, his replacement was the Chavious kid that had 5 false start penalties. Chavious has missed this entire season with a knee injury, and his replacement got injured as well. Last year we were also missing Jr All CAA WR Terrance Alls, and our leading tackler Jr LB Brandon Hereford. We did get Ish Hyman back at WR that game, he had 1 catch for 32 yards. Lost our starting C during the game, entered true FR Mac Patrick when we had first and goal at the 5 (and we ended up kicking a FG). Bottom line is your depleted d-line was playing against a FR and a rFR by halftime. Our leading tackler for the game ended up being Hereford's replacement, I believe he had 14 tackles on all the silly jet sweeps you were trying to run.

Professor Chaos
12-29-2017, 06:13 PM

They were also missing their leading tackler, an ILB, due to suspension and their slot WR Alls due to injury.

We were missing SR All-American RT Mitch Kirsch, his replacement was the Chavious kid that had 5 false start penalties. Chavious has missed this entire season with a knee injury, and his replacement got injured as well. Last year we were also missing Jr All CAA WR Terrance Alls, and our leading tackler Jr LB Brandon Hereford. We did get Ish Hyman back at WR that game, he had 1 catch for 32 yards. Lost our starting C during the game, entered true FR Mac Patrick when we had first and goal at the 5 (and we ended up kicking a FG). Bottom line is your depleted d-line was playing against a FR and a rFR by halftime. Our leading tackler for the game ended up being Hereford's replacement, I believe he had 14 tackles on all the silly jet sweeps you were trying to run.
Yep, what he said. I think JMU's starting center and Steidl went out on consecutive plays so that was probably a wash.

KNOW IT ALL
12-29-2017, 08:06 PM

You have a good recollection of that game as I must agree we got a bit cute losing yards on jet sweeps etc.. The same we were doing at Mid-Season this year and we seem to have really improved our play calling and execution since getting our azz handed to us by SDSU at mid-season. The Bison are playing razor sharp ball right now, at mid-season I would have picked JMU but I'm giving the Bison the nod at this time. JMU and NDSU are great for FCS Football and this is going to be college footballs game of the year.

Alsen
12-29-2017, 10:06 PM
We were so thin inside that we played our current starting DE Caleb Butler at DT. Blake Williams who hadnt ever started was our top DT and freshman Jack Darnell backed him up. All these guys are way better now. Even Cole Karcz was out during that game and now he can play inside or out

I think our starters at DE were slightly better last year but as a unit we are way deeper and better against the run

Have we ever had a 6'5" 250 end running down athletic QB's like Derek Tuszka has been doing? I think our DE play this year has been stellar. It may not seem so much like a dominating performance because nobody is getting all that much playing time with 4-5 guys regularly rotating in at DE.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Have we ever had a 6'5" 250 end running down athletic QB's like Derek Tuszka has been doing? I think our DE play this year has been stellar. It may not seem so much like a dominating performance because nobody is getting all that much playing time with 4-5 guys regularly rotating in at DE.

This is going to be key. We are rotating D line like crazy. They are thing AF at o line and don't have the same luxury.

oldmantutters
12-29-2017, 10:08 PM
You have a good recollection of that game as I must agree we got a bit cute losing yards on jet sweeps etc.. The same we were doing at Mid-Season this year and we seem to have really improved our play calling and execution since getting our azz handed to us by SDSU at mid-season. The Bison are playing razor sharp ball right now, at mid-season I would have picked JMU but I'm giving the Bison the nod at this time. JMU and NDSU are great for FCS Football and this is going to be college footballs game of the year.I hate jet sweeps. That being said there probably is a time and place for one occasionally. Last year we did not have the personnel to run them and the amount that were called in that JMU game against that defense was just fucking stupid. I think Brooks could be our sweep guy, if he plays. No offense to Steeler guy but the few games I've watched of JMU this year their LBs are probably the "weakness" of their defense. They aren't bad but their DBs are really really good and their line is solid. To me their LBs don't seem to make a lot of mistakes, but don't seem to be the playmakers they were last year. Remind me of Chad Greenway. He would clean up plays but wasn't ever really in the TFL game, and I can't tell you how frustrated I would get with the number of passes completed against him, but he was always there to tackle the receiver for no YAC.

stevdock
12-31-2017, 02:06 PM
I hate jet sweeps. That being said there probably is a time and place for one occasionally. Last year we did not have the personnel to run them and the amount that were called in that JMU game against that defense was just fucking stupid. I think Brooks could be our sweep guy, if he plays. No offense to Steeler guy but the few games I've watched of JMU this year their LBs are probably the "weakness" of their defense. They aren't bad but their DBs are really really good and their line is solid. To me their LBs don't seem to make a lot of mistakes, but don't seem to be the playmakers they were last year. Remind me of Chad Greenway. He would clean up plays but wasn't ever really in the TFL game, and I can't tell you how frustrated I would get with the number of passes completed against him, but he was always there to tackle the receiver for no YAC.

If correct than I hope we see a whole lot of getting Stick going early and often. And I don't mean by using his arm. 2 Wr, 1 TE set and let Stick run behind Bruce and our FB blowing up people. To keep the defense honest, it needs to be a heavy dose of TE's and an occasional wheel route. It really stinks that a player like RJ might more or less get shut out in his last game, but I could easily see that happening also.

GOBISON123
12-31-2017, 03:07 PM
I hate jet sweeps. That being said there probably is a time and place for one occasionally. Last year we did not have the personnel to run them and the amount that were called in that JMU game against that defense was just fucking stupid. I think Brooks could be our sweep guy, if he plays. No offense to Steeler guy but the few games I've watched of JMU this year their LBs are probably the "weakness" of their defense. They aren't bad but their DBs are really really good and their line is solid. To me their LBs don't seem to make a lot of mistakes, but don't seem to be the playmakers they were last year. Remind me of Chad Greenway. He would clean up plays but wasn't ever really in the TFL game, and I can't tell you how frustrated I would get with the number of passes completed against him, but he was always there to tackle the receiver for no YAC.

If you watch their game against Jacks, you will see LB Andrew Ankrah in Tyrin Christian face the entire game. He forced a number of sacks and pass breakups. He is definitely a guy to watch for.

tolnabison
12-31-2017, 03:11 PM
If you watch their game against Jacks, you will see LB Andrew Ankrah in Tyrin Christian face the entire game. He forced a number of sacks and pass breakups. He is definitely a guy to watch for.

Ankrah is a defensive end.

MAKBison
12-31-2017, 03:15 PM

which is why coach said your backups were better than ours

Bison4x
12-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Ankrah is a defensive end.

Collin Conner needs to play his best game. If he plays like he did against San Diego, Stick will be in trouble. He got beat like a drum that game.

Professor Chaos
12-31-2017, 07:46 PM
If correct than I hope we see a whole lot of getting Stick going early and often. And I don't mean by using his arm. 2 Wr, 1 TE set and let Stick run behind Bruce and our FB blowing up people. To keep the defense honest, it needs to be a heavy dose of TE's and an occasional wheel route. It really stinks that a player like RJ might more or less get shut out in his last game, but I could easily see that happening also.
As wierd as it may sound if RJ gets shut out I think the Bison win since that means that they likely didn't have to throw it much and that the running game was effective.

BisonNeil
01-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Optimism on the injury front! Go Bison!!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4381508-four-injured-bison-back-practice-will-they-play-against-james-madison

mtoutfitter
01-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Optimism on the injury front! Go Bison!!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4381508-four-injured-bison-back-practice-will-they-play-against-james-madison

Back at practice plus 5 more days to heal....I like their chances!

Professor Chaos
01-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Back at practice plus 5 more days to heal....I like their chances!
All he said was they were "running around" so that could equate to anything from participating in individual/team drills to conditioning on the sidelines with Kramer. At least for guys with leg injuries like Allison, Wimbush, and Dunn getting out there running is a good sign but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for them. Any of them would provide a huge boost though.

Bison20
01-02-2018, 01:33 AM
All he said was they were "running around" so that could equate to anything from participating in individual/team drills to conditioning on the sidelines with Kramer. At least for guys with leg injuries like Allison, Wimbush, and Dunn getting out there running is a good sign but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for them. Any of them would provide a huge boost though.

I hope these guys get the opportunity to play Saturday. We could definitely use Alison as he is by far our best cover corner although bridges played awesome last game.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 01:34 AM
What I do NOT want is a replay of last year when they allowed PGT to play hurt. That did us no favors.

Bisonator98
01-02-2018, 02:02 AM
What I do NOT want is a replay of last year when they allowed PGT to play hurt. That did us no favors.

Exactly. I'd rather a 100% Bridges or Hays over an 80% Allison or Wimbush.

Bison03
01-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Having cornerbacks less then 100% against the JMU offense is not somthing I want to see. I am putting my hopes on Ty Brooks being able to play. He is a game changer.

TAILG8R
01-02-2018, 02:14 AM
I can't imagine even if Dunn is ready to go he can be as effective as he was before the injury. That many weeks not playing ... has to take some actual full speed practice/games to get back into the swing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
01-02-2018, 02:28 AM
I doubt Dunn will play. Hip injuries are nothing to mess with as a RB. Ty should be able to play with the shoulder. Might limit his receiving ability.

stevdock
01-02-2018, 02:56 AM
I doubt Dunn will play. Hip injuries are nothing to mess with as a RB. Ty should be able to play with the shoulder. Might limit his receiving ability.

Then just drop the wheel route perfectly over the shoulder into his hands. Out of those 4, Ty can make a game changing impact with how he was playing before he got hurt. Even the play he got hurt on was a beautiful run.

ZHerd
01-02-2018, 03:04 AM
Having cornerbacks less then 100% against the JMU offense is not somthing I want to see. I am putting my hopes on Ty Brooks being bale to play. He is a game changer.

Ty's status is HUGE for this game. Against a disciplined, stingy defense where good drives are difficult to string together we need his explosive home ability

westnodak93bison
01-02-2018, 03:32 AM
How can Alison, Wimbush and Brooks have the conditioning required to play close to 100%?

Alsen
01-02-2018, 04:30 AM
I hope these guys get the opportunity to play Saturday. We could definitely use Alison as he is by far our best cover corner although bridges played awesome last game.

I strongly disagree. Alison is the best player right now because of his experience , and he is a tick faster, but Bridges was showing signs last year of his ability to stick like glue to receivers. Bridges is more than talented, he has the intangibles to be great. As far as pure boundary coverage one on one, he is the best; however, CB's do a lot more than that and Bridges will need more reps to become a better all around football player than Alison.

Christopher Moen
01-02-2018, 05:38 AM
How can Alison, Wimbush and Brooks have the conditioning required to play close to 100%?

You don’t think they’ve been couch potatoes the last few weeks do you?

Athletes still train when they’re injured and recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagsabison
01-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Brooks just had a shoulder he'd be able to get plenty of conditioning. Depending on the severity of the other two (which we don't know) who knows how much they have been moving around.

Bison20
01-02-2018, 12:52 PM
I strongly disagree. Alison is the best player right now because of his experience , and he is a tick faster, but Bridges was showing signs last year of his ability to stick like glue to receivers. Bridges is more than talented, he has the intangibles to be great. As far as pure boundary coverage one on one, he is the best; however, CB's do a lot more than that and Bridges will need more reps to become a better all around football player than Alison.

Your crazy if you don't think Alison is our best corner. He has shut down weineke the last few times we have played and we can put him out there by himself without needing help. This allows us to run different blitz packages. Bridges has definatley came a long way and is looking awesome toward the end of the year, it was a good decision to move him to cb. His tracking has been great to for a cb. Hopefully he can be the next great cb.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Your crazy if you don't think Alison is our best corner. He has shut down weineke the last few times we have played and we can put him out there by himself without needing help. This allows us to run different blitz packages. Bridges has definatley came a long way and is looking awesome toward the end of the year, it was a good decision to move him to cb. Hopefully he can be the next great cb.

100% Alison is our best corner. 80% Alison could become a liability.

Bison20
01-02-2018, 12:59 PM

yea I agree if he's not healthy and a liability I would rather play someone who is healthy.

westnodak93bison
01-02-2018, 01:15 PM
You don’t think they’ve been couch potatoes the last few weeks do you?

Athletes still train when they’re injured and recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkObviously, but with knee or hip issues how can they lift and run like they need too stay in game shape

Bison20
01-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Obviously, but with knee or hip issues how can they lift and run like they need too stay in game shape

I hope Brooks can play, he is just so fast he can make plays the other guys can't. There were several runs that his speed allowed him to get by the lbs and have long runs, I don't think the other rbs would have been able to do some of them

wagsabison
01-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Obviously, but with knee or hip issues how can they lift and run like they need too stay in game shape

I'd guess at their athletic level a week or two off isn't going to get them out of game shape. At this point it's all about maintaining what you've built up.

bri-dog
01-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Well, they do have all that fancy new equipment...

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/21st-century-treatment/

Wally
01-02-2018, 02:00 PM
It would be pretty sweet if we could get Brooks & Dunn back at least for the halftime show. I'll show myself out.

https://i.scdn.co/image/1343b69da739b9807263fc7333f60e79b83b2d03

Seriously, really hope either can make it back but Brooks seems the more likely of the two. I wonder if it will be a similar situation the coaches/trainers had with Shepherd a couple of years ago in that they have to pick one half for him to play.

KNOW IT ALL
01-02-2018, 02:51 PM

DEPTH is the most important factor when getting these two guys back. If they are active on game day its because they can play and play effectively, even if not starting. Nobody is 100% this time of year and playing thru pain is a big part of football. Bison coaching isn't going to put guys on the field that are not capable of playing well. I'm sure the next four days will tell a lot more as well. Four days is a lot of healing time for a young athlete exercising and stretching their way back into game shape.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 02:59 PM
DEPTH is the most important factor when getting these two guys back. If they are active on game day its because they can play and play effectively, even if not starting. Nobody is 100% this time of year and playing thru pain is a big part of football. Bison coaching isn't going to put guys on the field that are not capable of playing well. I'm sure the next four days will tell a lot more as well. Four days is a lot of healing time for a young athlete exercising and stretching their way back into game shape.

We know that's not true.

tolnabison
01-02-2018, 03:09 PM
We know that's not true.

Don’t think they learned their lesson from last year with PGT?

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Don’t think they learned their lesson from last year with PGT?

I SINCERELY hope so. I really really really hope they understand what happened last year. That is my biggest fear.

tolnabison
01-02-2018, 03:16 PM
I SINCERELY hope so. I really really really hope they understand what happened last year. That is my biggest fear.

I would think the coaches watched the film and learned their lesson. I think a little had to do with it that PGT was a senior, and it was his last go around. Not the case for any of the guys hurt this year

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 03:18 PM
I would think the coaches watched the film and learned their lesson. I think a little had to do with it that PGT was a senior, and it was his last go around. Not the case for any of the guys hurt this year

I'm inclined to agree. That might have been the biggest heartbreaker about last year.

Bison20
01-02-2018, 03:20 PM
I'm inclined to agree. That might have been the biggest heartbreaker about last year.

We didn't have the depth last year like we do this year

KNOW IT ALL
01-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Everyone in the house will know early in this game what our corner situation is for the day. JMU will test it early you can bet on that. If Bridges is as good as he looked last time out he may not be coming out very often anyways. As for Brooks Im guessing its more of a pain management issue. If he plays and is lucky enough not to get banged to hard he may get solid PT. I hope he can get 10-12 touches.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2018, 01:12 PM
We win a NC with a true freshman and sophomore starting their very first game at CB against a Senior QB and the #1 ranked team all year. Only gave up 148 yards passing. Amazing really!

Bisonator98
01-07-2018, 01:20 PM
We win a NC with a true freshman and sophomore starting their very first game at CB against a Senior QB and the #1 ranked team all year. Only gave up 148 yards passing. Amazing really!

Lots to work on with the db's but the youngster's stepped up big when it mattered most. Future looks bright there. Too many receivers running wide open, if they hadn't dropped so many passes it could have been a different outcome.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Lots to work on with the db's but the youngster's stepped up big when it mattered most. Future looks bright there. Too many receivers running wide open, if they hadn't dropped so many passes it could have been a different outcome.

Bridges’ goal-line pick was epic and helped swing momentum. When he pointed to his elbow afterward (while looking at the JMU bench) I turned to my mother-in-law and said “damn right, that’s the sh*t right there”. I also liked how was playing up close and physical on Stapleton in the 4th. Future looks bright for this team.

silkamilkamonico
01-07-2018, 04:29 PM
When he pointed to his elbow afterward (while looking at the JMU bench) I turned to my mother-in-law and said “damn right, that’s the sh*t right there”.

What's with the elbow pointing?

Scooter1
01-07-2018, 04:56 PM
WE JUST BEAT JMU WITHOUT ANY STARTING CB PLAYING...

let that sink in.....wow that feels good.

GO WOLFPACK!!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
01-07-2018, 05:09 PM
What's with the elbow pointing?

http://fcsfootball.com/jmu-offense-brings-039to-the-bone039-celebration-to-the-fans/

bisonp
01-07-2018, 05:18 PM
http://fcsfootball.com/jmu-offense-brings-039to-the-bone039-celebration-to-the-fans/

That's almost as dumb as streamers.

DCinOK
01-07-2018, 08:42 PM
"To the bone." Please...laughably stupid. Streamer-level stupid.

td577
01-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Bridges’ goal-line pick was epic and helped swing momentum. When he pointed to his elbow afterward (while looking at the JMU bench) I turned to my mother-in-law and said “damn right, that’s the sh*t right there”. I also liked how was playing up close and physical on Stapleton in the 4th. Future looks bright for this team.

I saw him do that, but didn't know what it was about. These guys watch so much film, it is funny they probably index all of it in their brain somewhere and pull what they need out. Huge play, yeah do the JMU celebration.

td577
01-07-2018, 08:56 PM

So what does pointing at your elbow mean.

Bison"FANatic" posted a link to the meaning. I think it is silly too, but funny Bridge's pulled off to the bone. It was a subtle taunt.

Bison"FANatic"
01-07-2018, 09:13 PM
I saw him do that, but didn't know what it was about. These guys watch so much film, it is funny they probably index all of it in their brain somewhere and pull what they need out. Huge play, yeah do the JMU celebration.

It wasn't the only time in the game we pulled off that celebration I saw it multiple times yesterday. A bit cocky, hell ya but I enjoyed it every time.

GOBISON123
01-07-2018, 10:10 PM
"To the bone." Please...laughably stupid. Streamer-level stupid.

Bridges and Tuzka pulled this out yesterday. Jared Tuzka's bad to the bone celebration was downright bad-ass. He was doing that right in the face of JMU O-Line after sacking Schor. He was bad-ass. Some JMU OLine dudes were ticked off after that.