PDA

View Full Version : Championship game ticket prices

kab1one
12-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Currently on Stubhub a few in the corners for $144 range.

Go seats 40 yard line, sunny side $244.

Some are trending higher in the middle.

First Question, what was face this year?

And what is the ultimate price you will pay for tickets on the secondary?

Assuming Bison Win.

Mr Meaty
12-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Currently on Stubhub a few in the corners for $144 range.

Go seats 40 yard line, sunny side $244.

Some are trending higher in the middle.

First Question, what was face this year?

And what is the ultimate price you will pay for tickets on the secondary?

Assuming Bison Win.

I believe I paid $75 each for tickets 3 months ago.

Bison_Pyro
12-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Bought 8 back in August, price with fees, etc is about $83 a ticket

T-Funk
12-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Bought two back in August through NCAA, midfield seats, price was $109 per ticket with fees.

El_Chapo
12-13-2017, 04:18 PM
NDSU vs JMU with 4000 less seats is gonna be Demand Heavy.

I expect prices on sunday from $250-$350/ticket easily.

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Bought two back in August through NCAA, midfield seats, price was $109 per ticket with fees.

Accurate. Mine were the exact same for 50 yl seats.

BTW, anyone know if south EZ seats are done and being sold?

Professor Chaos
12-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Accurate. Mine were the exact same for 50 yl seats.

BTW, anyone know if south EZ seats are done and being sold?
They've been done for a while but they're still not selling them. They still do have a lot of work to do on the concourse/club level above the seats though. Here's the live stream that shows the current progress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsY1rNfVxj0

The Frisco Bowl (SMU vs La Tech) is happening a week from today and they haven't sold any endzone seats for that one either but we'll get a look then to see whether there might be a possibility of selling those endzone seats even with the unfinished concourse/club level above and behind them. There's still plenty of tickets available for that game even without the endzone seats being available. I'm holding out hope that they're going to sell them for the FCS title game once the semifinals are over but we'll see.

TAILG8R
12-13-2017, 04:58 PM
If the only way to get into those seats is through the new concourse it would make sense that they aren't selling those seats. OF maybe the fact there is open construction going on right above them and they can't/won't sell them for liability reasons?

Professor Chaos
12-13-2017, 05:07 PM
If the only way to get into those seats is through the new concourse it would make sense that they aren't selling those seats. OF maybe the fact there is open construction going on right above them and they can't/won't sell them for liability reasons?
I'd assume they could put some makeshift barriers back behind the endzone seats and halt construction for that weekend allowing those seats to be sold/used but you're right that liability is probably the concern. Could fire code be an issue even though it's an outdoor stadium?

All I can say is figure it out Frisco/NCAA! there's probably 4,000 seats there that would get snatched up easily at their $75-$100 face value prices. That's $300-400k in extra revenue not to mention the money those extra people in the stadium would spend on concessions (beer!).

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2017, 05:15 PM
They've been done for a while but they're still not selling them. They still do have a lot of work to do on the concourse/club level above the seats though. Here's the live stream that shows the current progress:

The Frisco Bowl (SMU vs La Tech) is happening a week from today and they haven't sold any endzone seats for that one either but we'll get a look then to see whether there might be a possibility of selling those endzone seats even with the unfinished concourse/club level above and behind them. There's still plenty of tickets available for that game even without the endzone seats being available. I'm holding out hope that they're going to sell them for the FCS title game once the semifinals are over but we'll see.

I don't get it. I thought this was to be a 1 year issue, and here we are at year 2. This is bullshit, and there are going to be lots, and lots of folks not being able to go. Who messed this up?

PlainsBison
12-13-2017, 05:29 PM
If JMU wins, ticket demand for this game is going to be sky high. Usually, prices spike after the semi final for a week or so. Then prices start going down. If NDSU and JMU are in, I think prices will continue to rise and we won't see the typical drop off in prices like in past years. If you want a ticket and the cost is $150, if it was me, I would jump in a minute at that. My opinion.

1998braves64
12-13-2017, 05:51 PM
I'd assume they could put some makeshift barriers back behind the endzone seats and halt construction for that weekend allowing those seats to be sold/used but you're right that liability is probably the concern. Could fire code be an issue even though it's an outdoor stadium?

All I can say is figure it out Frisco/NCAA! there's probably 4,000 seats there that would get snatched up easily at their $75-$100 face value prices. That's $300-400k in extra revenue not to mention the money those extra people in the stadium would spend on concessions (beer!).

Still too much hazards on a construction site, all about safety these days. This is why you see big construction sites like Sanford, Vikings stadium etc that people are required to wear safety vests hard hats safety googles etc even when there isn't major construction occurring anymore that "justifies" those items. In this case looks like they're still erecting steel and steel decking, wouldn't really want 4-6000 people walking under that even if no construction is occurring from a liability standpoint.

BattleBorn
12-13-2017, 06:43 PM
What's a good section for a solo ticket? My cousins suck, apparently.

tjbison
12-13-2017, 06:52 PM
What's a good section for a solo ticket? My cousins suck, apparently.

how do they suck? its small not a bad seat in the place really

Bison_Pyro
12-13-2017, 06:53 PM
I've sat in different sections every time and I don't think there is a bad section, just get yourself in the stadium

aces1180
12-13-2017, 07:39 PM
I was lucky and bought 8 in the front row for $83 each back in August...I bought more than I needed hoping to subsidize my trip

I'm hoping I can get $150 each for my extras (5 so far).

kab1one
12-13-2017, 08:04 PM
I was lucky and bought 8 in the front row for $83 each back in August...I bought more than I needed hoping to subsidize my trip

IF you have extra PM me. I am needing 3.

bisonfanette
12-13-2017, 08:24 PM

Sending you a PM - Looking for front row in order to do the "sign thing" if possible - thanks.

bisonp
12-13-2017, 08:35 PM
I've sat in different sections every time and I don't think there is a bad section, just get yourself in the stadium

Sure, but nobody was throwing streamers then.

Bison_Pyro
12-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Sure, but nobody was throwing streamers then.

Well, it was announced that the higher seed will be home team, so no more coin flip. So, I guess we will know Saturday..

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Well, it was announced that the higher seed will be home team, so no more coin flip. So, I guess we will know Saturday..

As long as we get the West tailgate, all will be okay with the world.

Bison_Pyro
12-13-2017, 08:54 PM

I'm pretty sure we can tailgate wherever we want since we will, more than likely, have close to 75% of the fans there. Agree, west side is the best side.

roadwarrior
12-13-2017, 08:59 PM

after year 2, we owned the west lots despite their assignment

aces1180
12-14-2017, 02:05 PM

I received an awesome offer, so I don't have any left at this time.

HerdBot
12-14-2017, 02:28 PM
If JMU wins, ticket demand for this game is going to be sky high. Usually, prices spike after the semi final for a week or so. Then prices start going down. If NDSU and JMU are in, I think prices will continue to rise and we won't see the typical drop off in prices like in past years. If you want a ticket and the cost is $150, if it was me, I would jump in a minute at that. My opinion.

It will be crazy demand. If we win tomorrow having extra time to snatch tickets will be a great advantage for Bison fans

Mayville Bison
12-14-2017, 03:23 PM
According to JMU's website, they were informed that each school will be given an allotment of 5300 tickets (an increase from the 4000 in prior years). That could be why they aren't selling the renovated end zone tickets.

http://jmusports.com/news/2017/11/20/football-fcs-national-championship-ticket-information.aspx

TAILG8R
12-14-2017, 03:30 PM
According to JMU's website, they were informed that each school will be given an allotment of 5300 tickets (an increase from the 4000 in prior years). That could be why they aren't selling the renovated end zone tickets.

http://jmusports.com/news/2017/11/20/football-fcs-national-championship-ticket-information.aspx

https://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gif
(them)

They have no idea what they are talking about.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 03:35 PM

It does make some sense because it sure seemed like there was a pretty limited supply of tickets that went on sale in August. I think without those endzone seats there's only about 15,000 seats so the allotments would cover more than two thirds of that if this is true.

GOB1SON
12-14-2017, 03:41 PM
It does make some sense because it sure seemed like there was a pretty limited supply of tickets that went on sale in August. I think without those endzone seats there's only about 15,000 seats so the allotments would cover more than two thirds of that if this is true.

I found this interesting:

*With the recently completed renovations in Toyota Stadium (http://jmusports.com/images/2017/12/14/2018_FCS_Football_Map_Endzone_Team_Matchups.jpg), the NCAA increased ticket allotments from 4,000 to 5,300 on 12/11/2017.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 03:54 PM
I found this interesting:

*With the recently completed renovations in Toyota Stadium (http://jmusports.com/images/2017/12/14/2018_FCS_Football_Map_Endzone_Team_Matchups.jpg), the NCAA increased ticket allotments from 4,000 to 5,300 on 12/11/2017.
Yeah, it ain't completed that's for sure.

Also, linked in the article is a seat map with the endzone sections listed for the first time I've seen since before construction began.

http://jmusports.com/images/2017/12/14/2018_FCS_Football_Map_Endzone_Team_Matchups.jpg

Looks like if they make it NDSU will be on the east sideline no matter what.

EC8CH
12-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Odd to have part of the teams allotments in the endzone, but maybe.

bisonp
12-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Also, linked in the article is a seat map with the endzone sections listed for the first time I've seen since before construction began.

http://jmusports.com/images/2017/12/14/2018_FCS_Football_Map_Endzone_Team_Matchups.jpg

That looks like about 5300 per side so I guess they just reduced the general seats.

It really sucks the stadium is so small. They never should have re-upped with Frisco during construction.

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2017, 04:15 PM
That looks like about 5300 per side so I guess they just reduced the general seats.

It really sucks the stadium is so small. They never should have re-upped with Frisco during construction.

Thought it was only supposed to be 1 year on construction?

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 04:18 PM
From a news article from two days ago: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/12/12/national-soccer-hall-of-fame/

Toyota Stadium also just added 3,300 new seats and is building a VIP club below the hall of fame which will be open around this time next year.

NDSUKurt
12-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it ain't completed that's for sure.

Looks like I will be sitting in enemy territory - I got tickets in section 101 and 111 from my August purchase. Hopefully I will be with many other Bison fans.

bisonp
12-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Thought it was only supposed to be 1 year on construction?

Well that was proposed...

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2015/10/14/fc-dallas-unveils-plans-39-million-toyota-stadium-project-including-national-soccer

Renovations on the South end of Toyota Stadium facing Main Street will begin in early 2016 with a proposed completion date at the end of 2017.

But then...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/frisco/2016/08/17/upgrades-friscos-toyota-stadium-scaled-back-bids-come-millions-budget

Improvements planned for Frisco's Toyota Stadium are being scaled back after construction bids came in millions of dollars over budget.

Work has been on hold for about a month after bids for the stadium's structural changes came in "at a head-scratching $511 per square foot," well above the $350 per square foot budget, FC Dallas president Dan Hunt told city officials on Tuesday.

stevdock
12-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Looks like I will be sitting in enemy territory - I got tickets in section 101 and 111 from my August purchase. Hopefully I will be with many other Bison fans.

I believe we are in 102. So we'll be there with ya ;)

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2017, 05:11 PM
I believe we are in 102. So we'll be there with ya ;)

Same here - although I've got wristbands so - no firm guarantees

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2017, 05:31 PM
They have, in the past, held back some sales until after the semi's. I hope that's the case because I'm going to be buying to flip.

Bison Fin
12-14-2017, 05:57 PM

This I think is the correct reason. There is no way to get to those seats without walking through an active construction site.

Bison Fin
12-14-2017, 06:00 PM

If you could put up barriers, the city of Frisco would not allow the public to occupy that space while there is work going on for that project. They might have a phased turn over to the owner/public but it looks like they have quite a bit of work to do on the deck above those seats.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 06:08 PM
If you could put up barriers, the city of Frisco would not allow the public to occupy that space while there is work going on for that project. They might have a phased turn over to the owner/public but it looks like they have quite a bit of work to do on the deck above those seats.
It just doesn't make sense to me why they would put the seats in and not sell them. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to finish off that concourse/club level area without all the seats (that they can't use anyway) in place? At the very least it would make the post construction cleanup easier.

The JMU website article said "with the completed reno they increased allotments from 4,000 to 5,300 on 12/11". I don't know how they could increase allotments by 2,600 total without having a pretty significant block of seats open up since the thing has basically been sold out since August. Additionally, the DFW CBS article I linked earlier in the thread said they "just added 3,300 seats". Maybe I'm just reading into all this want I want to read into it because I'm still hoping they open up the endzone seats for sale but it seems to indicate that a pretty big chunk of tickets has just recently been made available.

EndZoneQB
12-14-2017, 06:24 PM

I will never understand why this is a concern. The best seats are with the opposing team. Why do you want to sit with the people you see 9+ times a season in Fargo? It's always great hearing other people's stories and talking a little trash.

Son of a Bison
12-14-2017, 06:50 PM
I will never understand why this is a concern. The best seats are with the opposing team. Why do you want to sit with the people you see 9+ times a season in Fargo? It's always great hearing other people's stories and talking a little trash.

Sat near JSU section one time. Pretty cocky first quarter and part of 2. After that knew it was over. At the end of game they would not let Bison fans down the aisle to hit the field after game. Purposefully blocked it instead of going the other way toward their mostly empty section. Not a huge deal but made my life worse carrying 2 kids and cold weather gear. I always prefer the sunny side too.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Sat near JSU section one time. Pretty cocky first quarter and part of 2. After that knew it was over. At the end of game they would not let Bison fans down the aisle to hit the field after game. Purposefully blocked it instead of going the other way toward their mostly empty section. Not a huge deal but made my life worse carrying 2 kids and cold weather gear. I always prefer the sunny side too.
Too bad we haven't seen the sun down in Frisco on game day since January 2014.

First world problems....

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2017, 06:52 PM
We bought tickets during the Towson debacle. They were really surprised to see so many of us in their section. They left about halftime.

Son of a Bison
12-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Too bad we haven't seen the sun down in Frisco on game day since January 2014.

First world problems....

On the plane ride home or Monday you could tell where people sat based on which side of face or head was sunburned and how much.

Bison Fin
12-14-2017, 07:04 PM
I can't really speak for the article because I've read about a few of my own construction projects in newspapers/magazines and laughed at the misinformation. Design changes all the time for a number of reasons, usually to budget constraints. Maybe someone just got the math wrong.

I am also not sure the extent of the work that was done but my best guess is that they worked from North to South to make construction access easier. Maybe it made sense to put those seats in and protect them from damage was easier than trying to bring them in while they are setting steel with that crawler and doing concrete.

T-Funk
12-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Just from the perspective of how crappy it will look on tv to have entire sections of empty seats in the endzone, I really hope they are able to sell those tickets.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2017, 07:54 PM
So. I called them
It is finished enough to use the seats. Toyota Stadium doesn't control the seats for this game and if they will use them.
The NCAA will be having a meeting this week or next week. She said to call back next week for the info.
She said that we will love the seats and they really want us back in Frisco. When I asked if they will open it up if we win, she laughed and said she sure would if she were them.

PlainsBison
12-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Accuweather forecast for Saturday, January 6, is 52 degrees and sunny. Will be curious to see what really happens as we are way to far out to have an accurate forecast.

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2017, 08:02 PM
I will never understand why women think that a strip club is a concern. The best seats are at sniffer's row. Why do you want to sit and watch the Hallmark Channel with your wife when you see her 9,000+ times a season in Fargo? It's always great seeing other girls' bodies and talking a little hotel room key sharing.

Just some subtle alterations to EZQ's fabulous post.
His wisdom is applicable is so very many ways.

oldmantutters
12-14-2017, 08:04 PM
So. I called them
It is finished enough to use the seats. Toyota Stadium doesn't control the seats for this game and if they will use them.
The NCAA will be having a meeting this week or next week. She said to call back next week for the info.
She said that we will love the seats and they really want us back in Frisco. When I asked if they will open it up if we win, she laughed and said she sure would if she were them.

This is awesome!

NDSUKurt
12-14-2017, 08:04 PM

I agree with that. However, I am coming with my wife and boys, ages 3 and 1. I know it will be a great time, but my boys like to throw up horns often, and who know what kind of jerks from the opposing teams will be by us and get mad at that.

I agree about the JSU fans - they were arrogant for the first 1 1/2 quarters and loved to mouth off.

HerdThat!
12-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Accuweather forecast for Saturday, January 6, is 52 degrees and sunny. Will be curious to see what really happens as we are way to far out to have an accurate forecast.

Probably some Thunder in there as well.

Personally, I don't give a shit about the weather because I am so damn stoked they are serving beer in the stadium now! Hell, give me the weather that was going on during the Bills/Colts game if they'll have beer for us:bong::cheers:

HerdBot
12-14-2017, 08:22 PM
So. I called them

Thanks for checking that out for us buddy!

TAILG8R
12-14-2017, 08:44 PM

So it will be 34 degrees and rainy, got it.

Every damn year we get the shaft when it comes to weather the week before vs championship weekend.

HerdBot
12-14-2017, 08:55 PM
So it will be 34 degrees and rainy, got it.

Every damn year we get the shaft when it comes to weather the week before vs championship weekend.

or 32 and snowing

EndZoneQB
12-14-2017, 09:04 PM
I agree with that. However, I am coming with my wife and boys, ages 3 and 1. I know it will be a great time, but my boys like to throw up horns often, and who know what kind of jerks from the opposing teams will be by us and get mad at that.

I agree about the JSU fans - they were arrogant for the first 1 1/2 quarters and loved to mouth off.

Fair enough. I can't relate to the child situation! But I guess, I'm not sure what assholes would be pissy with a child over a game. Then again, I don't really understand why anyone gets mouthy beyond a funny/friendly level over a game in the first place.

CyPanth
12-14-2017, 09:11 PM

Not as enjoyable for those of us in Ames who sat behind you guys! :bleh:

56BISON73
12-14-2017, 09:26 PM

Because they want to sit with there friends and other Bison fans. I dont see why thats a problem. Not everyone like to engage the opposing fans in talking shit.

As far as myself it doesnt bother me which side I sit in. But would prefer to be around Bison fans.

Bison Chief
12-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Looks like I will be sitting in enemy territory - I got tickets in section 101 and 111 from my August purchase. Hopefully I will be with many other Bison fans.My 6 are in 101 as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-15-2017, 12:56 AM
It just doesn't make sense to me why they would put the seats in and not sell them. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to finish off that concourse/club level area without all the seats (that they can't use anyway) in place? At the very least it would make the post construction cleanup easier.

The JMU website article said "with the completed reno they increased allotments from 4,000 to 5,300 on 12/11". I don't know how they could increase allotments by 2,600 total without having a pretty significant block of seats open up since the thing has basically been sold out since August. Additionally, the DFW CBS article I linked earlier in the thread said they "just added 3,300 seats". Maybe I'm just reading into all this want I want to read into it because I'm still hoping they open up the endzone seats for sale but it seems to indicate that a pretty big chunk of tickets has just recently been made available.

So do we know what the capacity of the stadium is now?

MrSnuffleupagus
12-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Just as iv been saying for months. They are going to release the end zone tickets once the teams playing in the game are known. I figured they were going to do this because every year people bitch about "___'s fans bought all the tickets." This way they are selling a whole side of the stadium to both team's fans 'fairly'

bisonfanette
12-15-2017, 01:19 AM
This is awesome!

This tells us the NCAA will be having a meeting this week or next week. Correct?
I'm assuming "she" is a person who works at Toyota Stadium.

EC8CH
12-15-2017, 02:59 AM
Just as iv been saying for months. They are going to release the end zone tickets once the teams playing in the game are known. I figured they were going to do this because every year people bitch about "___'s fans bought all the tickets." This way they are selling a whole side of the stadium to both team's fans 'fairly'

If SDSU wins will these tickets be available at Taco Juan's?

oldmantutters
12-15-2017, 03:17 AM
If SDSU wins will these tickets be available at Taco Juan's?Only with the purchase of a six pack and a pound

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-15-2017, 03:29 AM
Only with the purchase of a six pack and a pound

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'd wash that down with a 32oz of Stiegelberry Blast!

#Cramptastic

MrSnuffleupagus
12-15-2017, 04:06 AM
Pick up a six-pack of FCS Championship tickets at the Sioux Falls Hy-Vee

Bison Fin
12-16-2017, 04:13 AM

I hope you're right but I'm not seeing it's possible with how much work is being done on the south side. From what I remember. The only way to get to those seats is to walk through where they are setting steel

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2017, 04:20 AM
Wristbands have arrived!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frisco Jason
12-16-2017, 05:03 AM
Do u have any left I need 2 tickets? PM me if u can; thanks!

Or anyone else ; need 2 tickets! Please PM me; thanks!

5NDSU8
12-16-2017, 05:10 AM
I have 4 tickets, but I will be looking for 2-4 more for sure!!!

Strategery
12-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Looking for 4 if anyone is willing to sell.

A1pigskin
12-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know the cost of charter buses or planes?

CAS4127
12-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Season ticket holders and team maker members have until 5 Monday 12/18 to submit requests for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
12-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Thought it was 4pm, December 18.

Honeybooboo
12-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Thought it was 4pm, December 18.

You are correct

Frisco Jason
12-16-2017, 05:25 PM
I will need take 2 tickets or maybe 3 if available; PM me please!

Heck can even throw in a gift card to Benihana in Plano to the 1 person who sells them to me! ($50 value)

bri-dog
12-16-2017, 05:52 PM
I will need take 2 tickets or maybe 3 if available; PM me please!

Heck can even throw in a gift card to Benihana in Plano to the 1 person who sells them to me! ($50 value)

You might get more responses if you start a thread in the "Ticket Exchange" section...

Frisco Jason
12-16-2017, 06:03 PM
You might get more responses if you start a thread in the "Ticket Exchange" section...

Thank u I will do that now!

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Need to still buy tickets. Looking at tickets that were 145 go to 300 and 400+.
Of course I'm not biting on that, but Wow.

HerdistheWord
12-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Of course I'm not biting on that, but Wow.

I am with you. Wanna go to Frisco, but i just can't justify those A-holes sellihg $70 tickets for $400. Most if them aren't even good seats.

MAKBison
12-16-2017, 06:40 PM
I am with you. Wanna go to Frisco, but i just can't justify those A-holes sellihg $70 tickets for $400. Most if them aren't even good seats.

I would check flash....I have not seen anyone selling 1 $70 tic for $400. tickets are going for $200-$300 per tic.
ticket original values were $75-$170. gotta remember a lot of tixs are of the fcs experaince variety that Originally sold from the ncaa for just under 200 bucks.

You can get those tickets for $250 that's not too bad

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Supply and demand folks. Free market capitalism!

BisonFanAnn
12-16-2017, 07:48 PM
I would check flash....I have not seen anyone selling 1 $70 tic for $400. tickets are going for $200-$300 per tic.
ticket original values were $75-$170. gotta remember a lot of tixs are of the fcs experaince variety that Originally sold from the ncaa for just under 200 bucks.

You can get those tickets for $250 that's not too bad

You can't use flash to sell the hospitality wristbands.

56BISON73
12-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know the cost of charter buses or planes?

http://www.ebsportstours.com/teams/nd-state/

DakotaOkie
12-16-2017, 08:20 PM
First off, there were no $70 tickets. The bulk of the tickets were Experience packages and cost $175 each. Those A-holes to which you refer took a chance buying tickets and now you are whining because you did not.

td577
12-17-2017, 07:27 AM
First off, there were no $70 tickets. The bulk of the tickets were Experience packages and cost $175 each. Those A-holes to which you refer took a chance buying tickets and now you are whining because you did not.

I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Of course I'm not biting on that, but Wow.I think I paid 375 to goto the FBS championship in 2010.(that was face value for that game)

Of course that was in glitzy LA at something called the rose bowl with 2 stories programs named Texas and Alabama. From there on out, I compare everything i buy to that price.

Sooo...11 am kick off, in a Dallas suburb soccer stadium, vs JMU that costs more money? Yea I'll let the sellers sweat on that one.

I've honestly never read of anyone NOT getting in to any game ever. If you're looking to pay, you'll find a way in. Now it's just waiting on it for little while until the initial surge dies down

unbison
12-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Supply and demand folks. Free market capitalism!

Your a absolute tool

NDSUKurt
12-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Your a absolute tool

Why is he a tool? He is accurate.

I seriously considered selling all 7 of my tickets this year to the highest bidder to make a killer profit. I was going to go to Frisco next year when demand and prices are lower. I don't see JMU. SDSU, Sam Houston State making it there next season so I don't think sellers will get as much next year.

There will be a higher supply of tickets next year with less demand, which equals lower prices. That is free market capitalism at its finest.

StL Bison Fan
12-17-2017, 11:31 AM
I think I paid 375 to goto the FBS championship in 2010.(that was face value for that game)

Of course that was in glitzy LA at something called the rose bowl with 2 stories programs named Texas and Alabama. From there on out, I compare everything i buy to that price.

Sooo...11 am kick off, in a Dallas suburb soccer stadium, vs JMU that costs more money? Yea I'll let the sellers sweat on that one.

I've honestly never read of anyone NOT getting in to any game ever. If you're looking to pay, you'll find a way in. Now it's just waiting on it for little while until the initial surge dies down
Exactly. I was just surprised at how fast and how high they went. I don't believe I have seen it that high in the past.

gumby013
12-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Exactly. I was just surprised at how fast and how high they went. I don't believe I have seen it that high in the past.

Talking with JMU fans at the game last year, it was a lot like us in the 2011(2012) game; wishing there were more tickets available. There will be a lot of demand from their side this year, especially being undefeated.

bisonp
12-17-2017, 01:59 PM
When $70 tickets are reselling for $300-400, the bottom line is that the NCAA fucked up and left a lot of money on the table. On top of that, casual fans have been priced out which limits any potential growth of the FCS brand. This game is bigger than Frisco and needs to be in a bigger stadium. Period.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Why is he a tool? He is accurate.

I seriously considered selling all 7 of my tickets this year to the highest bidder to make a killer profit. I was going to go to Frisco next year when demand and prices are lower. I don't see JMU. SDSU, Sam Houston State making it there next season so I don't think sellers will get as much next year.

There will be a higher supply of tickets next year with less demand, which equals lower prices. That is free market capitalism at its finest.

Yep. Here is what it says on my email from the NCAA

Order Date: 8/24/2017 10:01:43 AM

I bought 4 tickets for $335 total for myself, my friend and his parents. I didn't get a dime back until those tickets were usable, yesterday. So 4 months ago I paid a bunch of money for something I didn't even know had value until today.

bisonfanette
12-17-2017, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=td577;1251690]I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.[/QUOTE

Good post. Totally agree.

kab1one
12-17-2017, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=td577;1251690]I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.[/QUOTE

Good post. Totally agree.

But how many people actually buy tickets at these prices? They are for sale but do they transact.

You may have people that want to go and see these prices and say I’m not going. Thus the demand starts to drop

The market should start to flush itself out next week as ndsu allocations are allotted.

kab1one
12-17-2017, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=bisonfanette;1251741]

But how many people actually buy tickets at these prices? They are for sale but do they transact.

You may have people that want to go and see these prices and say I’m not going. Thus the demand starts to drop

The market should start to flush itself out next week as ndsu allocations are allotted.

I guess if we could and this is asking a lot is have a discussion and pass information along as to what amount paying are buying and selling game tickets for. If you made a windfall, great, that is your choice, it you paid $300 a ticket because you can and want to go, more power for you. I just find it interesting in situations like this or concerts would the ticket prices fluctuate. I was involved in a Super Bowl Ticket presentation last summer, where the Vikings rolled out a bunch of packages. They were expensive. But in past week or so the Super Bowl organization is back with new "repriced" packages with more perks (Pink Concert Tickets was an add on), that tells me they did not sell the original packages at the high prices.

Frisco is the same, the market is the market. I think it will be good to keep the information flowing.

Another item to note. Anyone notice the cost of travel to Dallas? I haven't been in 3 years. But plane ticket prices seem to be double from Fargo (I actually booked before the Wofford Game), the NDSU package through Travel Inc is substantially higher than 3 years ago.

I know American doubled and in one case tripled the cost of the ticket I had booked after Friday's win. That could be that last 2 seats were left.

All thoughts would be appreciated.

bisonmike2
12-17-2017, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=kab1one;1251744]

I guess if we could and this is asking a lot is have a discussion and pass information along as to what amount paying are buying and selling game tickets for. If you made a windfall, great, that is your choice, it you paid $300 a ticket because you can and want to go, more power for you. I just find it interesting in situations like this or concerts would the ticket prices fluctuate. I was involved in a Super Bowl Ticket presentation last summer, where the Vikings rolled out a bunch of packages. They were expensive. But in past week or so the Super Bowl organization is back with new "repriced" packages with more perks (Pink Concert Tickets was an add on), that tells me they did not sell the original packages at the high prices.

Frisco is the same, the market is the market. I think it will be good to keep the information flowing.

Another item to note. Anyone notice the cost of travel to Dallas? I haven't been in 3 years. But plane ticket prices seem to be double from Fargo (I actually booked before the Wofford Game), the NDSU package through Travel Inc is substantially higher than 3 years ago.

I know American doubled and in one case tripled the cost of the ticket I had booked after Friday's win. That could be that last 2 seats were left.

All thoughts would be appreciated.

I've been tracking for the past month and the rates we reasonable. The past 2 weeks began tracking upwards and now they are crazy. Pretty similar to past years.