PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Tickets go on sale at 8:00 am Wednesday . Unclaimed Student and season tick

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 02:27 AM
EDIT: as of 11:30 am, you can get standing room only tickets but that's it. Gobison.com says....

"A limited number of additional reserved seats will be released Thursday, December 14th at 8:00am."

Spread the word! Need to rock the dome and get back to Frisco!!!

With Graduation there will be a ton of unclaimed student tickets available to buy plus any unclaimed season tickets..

Order online at http://www.GoBison.com/tickets
Order by phone at 701-231-NDSU
Toll Free: 1-888-231-6378

Bison ticket office 8am-5pm

Sanford Health Athletic Complex (south lobby)
1600 University Dr. N.
Fargo, ND 58102

LIMIT 6
Sideline $40
Endzone $30
Standing Room Only $20
*Children ages 2 years & under are free.

https://vimeo.com/149347962

BattleBorn
12-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Does anyone on Bisonville need this reminder? If so, dang you for giving me ticket competition this morning. :fight:

Mr Meaty
12-13-2017, 01:01 PM
On sale now!!!! Get them while they last

wagsabison
12-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Can't even get 4 seats together... looks like a better crowd than last week.

gotts
12-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Can't even get 4 seats together... looks like a better crowd than last week.

I was only able to find pairs together for about 4 minutes.

Mr Meaty
12-13-2017, 01:18 PM
I was only able to find pairs together for about 4 minutes.

This pleases me!!!!!!

BisManBison
12-13-2017, 01:37 PM
SRO is all that is left.

gumby013
12-13-2017, 01:51 PM
The Sam board is also saying they are bringing a pep band. So returned tickets in section 23 may be more limited.

wagsabison
12-13-2017, 01:52 PM
The Sam board is also saying they are bringing a pep band. So returned tickets in section 23 may be more limited.

JSU could have brought their 1,000 member band.

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2017, 01:53 PM
When I posted my tickets, I was thinking no way this sells out. Man, was I wrong. So WTF was up with last week, then?

cbline
12-13-2017, 01:56 PM
SRO is all that is left.

Wow, those went quickly. Now I am REALLY pissed that I have to be in Bismarck Friday night.

Professor Chaos
12-13-2017, 02:00 PM
When I posted my tickets, I was thinking no way this sells out. Man, was I wrong. So WTF was up with last week, then?
Hopefully it was a good kick in the ass for people who either thought tickets couldn't be had or thought a national quarterfinal wasn't a big enough deal to dictate that they show up.

bisonp
12-13-2017, 02:01 PM

I almost didn't buy tickets on Sunday because I thought there might be better ones available today. Sure glad I did.

I guess people just didn't care about Wofford.

EC8CH
12-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Everybody loves a semifinal game in the FargoDome! Glad I pulled the trigger on the Sunday ticket release. Can't wait for one last chance to scab over my vocal cords.

Last time SHSU was here "The Wave" was going strong in the fourth quarter with only the SHSU section abstaining which led to boos everytime it came around to them. Normally The Wave is lame, but that was pretty funny.

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 02:05 PM
There will still be the returned visitor section tickets. Not sure what day

Otherwise you can still get standing room tickets

THEsocalledfan
12-13-2017, 02:11 PM
There will still be the returned visitor section tickets. Not sure what day

Otherwise you can still get standing room tickets

Note the comments on the band, Gabe. It will probably be very limited return. This baby is going to be filled to the rafters!

EC8CH
12-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Note the comments on the band, Gabe. It will probably be very limited return. This baby is going to be filled to the rafters!

We're coming for you BriscoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOe!

DePereBisonFan
12-13-2017, 02:15 PM
I am really curious to know what happened for the Wofford game. When I saw the ESPN summary with 17,xxx attendance I was pretty surprised. Was it finals week/bad weather, or is there a smaller fanbase than I thought?

EC8CH
12-13-2017, 02:20 PM
I am really curious to know what happened for the Wofford game. When I saw the ESPN summary with 17,xxx attendance I was pretty surprised. Was it finals week/bad weather, or is there a smaller fanbase than I thought?

I couldn't make it because I had a kid's basketball game that early on a Saturday. Sounds like at least a few others here had the same problem. Friday night game definitely helps or I would have the same conflict this Saturday.

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 02:21 PM

Fluke deal. 11 am start time. Unknown opponent. Shitty tailgating weather. Bad communication and timing to sell the student tickets. I think they waited till Thursday which was a terrible mistake.

EC8CH
12-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Fluke deal. 11 am start time. Unknown opponent. Shitty tailgating weather. Bad communication and timing to sell the student tickets. I think they waited till Thursday which was a terrible mistake.

Since I wasn't there I didn't see for sure, but it seems like the biggest issue was the low student turnout which dumped more tickets on the general public then they are used to buying up on short notice.

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 02:26 PM
I did a search and there are some single tickets available that must have been released. You may need to keep searching under the quantity of 1 to get them. Just hit search again and eventually a ticket will pop up as people cart them and forget to release them into the pool

bisonfanette
12-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Soo surprised... and very happy at the same time! THis is going to be a GREAT crowd Friday nite!!! And YES, to SRO tickets!

MontanaHoyt
12-13-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm glad I jumped on it Sunday. I grabbed 2 in Section 18 Row FF on Sunday. I had 2 in my cart in Section 18 Row Y today but it kicked me out.

kingbison
12-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Well at least we'll be over 18,000 again. Still reserved seating available in the student section but it's getting closer...sure hope this equates to a loud dome

Bison_Pyro
12-13-2017, 02:49 PM
got 2 tickets for a friend today and scored nicely for him. Section 31 row F.

MontanaHoyt
12-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Well at least we'll be over 18,000 again. Still reserved seating available in the student section but it's getting closer...sure hope this equates to a loud dome

I'm sure if there is very little left on Friday, if any, we will have a big enough walk up crowd to sell it out. Last game when I was getting my tickets at Will Call, there was a line of people buying tickets last minute.

MontanaHoyt
12-13-2017, 02:52 PM
got 2 tickets for a friend today and scored nicely for him. Section 31 row F.

They are great seats! I sat there for the San Diego game.

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Still random tickets out there. If you keep searching, once in a while a pair will show up but disappear quickly. They seem to release more tickets into the pool randomly without notice. If you really want tickets stay on the ordering site and keep hitting search again. Eventually something pops up but you have to buy it immediately. If you dont want the tickets be sure to release them so others can buy them

El_Chapo
12-13-2017, 03:14 PM

people are BORED with the FCS! duh semi's and frisco sdsu uni homecoming is all that will be big anymore

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Looks like all that is left is standing room only tickets. When you try to buy tickets it says...

A limited number of additional reserved seats will be released Thursday, December 14th at 8:00am.

I would imagine those are the unclaimed visitor tickets

wagsabison
12-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Looks like all that is left is standing room only tickets. When you try to buy tickets it says...

A limited number of additional reserved seats will be released Thursday, December 14th at 8:00am.

I wonder if this is a way to increase demand a little. Either way hopefully it's a packed house.

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 04:32 PM
I wonder if this is a way to increase demand a little. Either way hopefully it's a packed house.

No they have to wait to hear from Sam Houston if they have any unused tickets they can sell. From what I've heard, they might bring a band or something so there may not be many available.

You can still buy standing room

Hammerhead
12-13-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing the tickets released tomorrow will be any seats not purchased in the visitor's allotment. Sam Houston's was only selling tickets in their section to season ticket holders and booster club members.

bajadanny
12-13-2017, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing the tickets released tomorrow will be any seats not purchased in the visitor's allotment. Sam Houston's was only selling tickets in their section to season ticket holders and booster club members.

List a mile long on Craigslist tickets for sale

Will be a way to much blue if these people don’t go or don’t sell

Professor Chaos
12-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Since I wasn't there I didn't see for sure, but it seems like the biggest issue was the low student turnout which dumped more tickets on the general public then they are used to buying up on short notice.
I'm pretty sure the biggest issue was fan apathy. Not calling you out because you had a conflict but last week was the 5th straight year they played at 11AM on Saturday and it had never been below 18k before. I can't imagine the number of conflicts was that much more this year than it was from 2013-2016. The 2012 quarterfinal game against the exact same Wofford team wasn't an 11AM kick but was a 2PM kick and that drew 18,267.

The student attendance looked about the same as it always has been for playoff games, they used the sideline section of their allotment (sections 13-16) but not the endzone part of it (sections 10-12). Does anyone know if they sold the south endzone student sections yet (sections 10-12) for this game? I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if they sold those all out so quickly this morning since that would be ~2,000 tickets in those sections alone. It seemed like last week they didn't start selling those until Thursday or Friday and, consequently, those 3 sections (minus the band) were practically empty last Saturday.

bisonfanette
12-13-2017, 05:10 PM
They DID sell some seats in sections 10 & 12 - pretty sure they sold most of section 12 because I had row D and row K in my cart. (There were elevated seats avail also.)

HerdBot
12-13-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the biggest issue was fan apathy. Not calling you out because you had a conflict but last week was the 5th straight year they played at 11AM on Saturday and it had never been below 18k before. I can't imagine the number of conflicts was that much more this year than it was from 2013-2016. The 2012 quarterfinal game against the exact same Wofford team wasn't an 11AM kick but was a 2PM kick and that drew 18,267.

The student attendance looked about the same as it always has been for playoff games, they used the sideline section of their allotment (sections 13-16) but not the endzone part of it (sections 10-12). Does anyone know if they sold the south endzone student sections yet (sections 10-12) for this game? I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if they sold those all out so quickly this morning since that would be ~2,000 tickets in those sections alone. It seemed like last week they didn't start selling those until Thursday or Friday and, consequently, those 3 sections (minus the band) were practically empty last Saturday.

Student attendance wasn't even close to previous playoff games.

Where they really messed up is waiting to sell the Student tickets on Thursday and communicating it horribly. People didn't know there were an extra few thousand tickets available. I even saw people posting "want to buy 3 tickets " when they could have bought them.

Today they didn't make that mistake and sold the student tickets Wednesday and we are sold out

Fan apathy? Maybe a tiny bit but a game like Friday we could sell 20- 25k, especially with a good student turnout

roadwarrior
12-13-2017, 05:44 PM
NDSU sent out a tweet at noon saying there were about 100 student tickets remaining (for students only). I'm guessing this is from whatever sections they kept for the students.

1998braves64
12-13-2017, 06:02 PM
I guess I look at it like this. I was one of the ones with bball for kids conflict last Saturday @ 11am. I maybe could have made it @ halftime if they even let you in at that point?! But was just going to be a long day as we had some other stuff to do also, would just got to be too long with both kids. Anyways as mentioned I think some fans are just getting "apathetic" towards it, that was the 8th straight (7th @ FD) quarterfinal we've been in. After awhile people want to do something different. Secondly 11am on Saturday before Christmas I think is going to turn some people off as Sat/Sun are their times to get stuff done before the holidays (speculating don't know for sure), 11am kind of destroys the day if you're 30-40 minutes or more out of town because even just the game you leave @ 9 or earlier and don't get home until 4:30-5 or later... Lastly my thought is based on how many of us had the bball conflict, I wonder if a good portion of those season ticket holders who have been around 7-10 years now because we were the somewhat newly graduated 24/25 somethings that got in on season tickets started having kids a couple years later and bingo now you have families with more and more 6-10 year olds who want to get involved in sports/activities and these will start occurring more and more now as this group of kids grows up into Jr Hi/Sr Hi age. I think THAT may be the biggest contributor to last weeks problem?? I would had to skip the semi final if it had been Saturday afternoon as my sons bball tournament is then. I get we're all supposed to be a bunch of diehards but eventually we have to support the kids we produced when we won the first chipper, no (not so in my case as mine was 1 yo at the time, but maybe others? LOL :hide:)?

Professor Chaos
12-13-2017, 06:04 PM
How do you figure? I don't recall the students ever buying enough tickets in the playoffs to use sections 10-12 and I think I saw some section 13 tickets for sale last week but after that it seemed like 14-16 were all students and those sections were all mostly full (until halftime that is). Maybe I'm mis-remembering but the empty blocks last week were the upper part of corner sections 23 and 24 and then most of sections 10-12.

bisonfanette
12-13-2017, 06:28 PM
I think it's GREAT that so many of the students are sticking around for the game. Finals week, & some of them head home after their last final. Dorms stay open for those who plan to attend the game. Hats off to the students!

Last week... from our view in section 9, only the upper portion of 23, & 24 had empty seats. It didn't look bad to me. Now behind us... wasn't it just section 11 & 12 that was looking empty?
I thought section 10 was ok?

bisonp
12-13-2017, 08:25 PM
How do you figure? I don't recall the students ever buying enough tickets in the playoffs to use sections 10-12 and I think I saw some section 13 tickets for sale last week but after that it seemed like 14-16 were all students and those sections were all mostly full (until halftime that is). Maybe I'm mis-remembering but the empty blocks last week were the upper part of corner sections 23 and 24 and then most of sections 10-12.

Previously 10-12 were filled with GA tickets and is where I usually ended up. So I agree, student attendance may have been average.

stevdock
12-14-2017, 02:19 AM

Where they really messed up is waiting to sell the Student tickets on Thursday and communicating it horribly. People didn't know there were an extra few thousand tickets available. I even saw people posting "want to buy 3 tickets " when they could have bought them.

Today they didn't make that mistake and sold the student tickets Wednesday and we are sold out

Fan apathy? Maybe a tiny bit but a game like Friday we could sell 20- 25k, especially with a good student turnout

They released the student tickets on Thursday?? No wonder I couldn't get into lower 10 like we normally do for the playoffs. In my opinion, last week was an NDSU issue, I don't believe it was all fan apathy. Last week was the first time in the last (I don't know how many) years that they didn't release sections 10-12 on Sunday except for the semi-final game. Even for those they released the double letter tickets in those sections.

Bison03
12-14-2017, 02:51 AM
Only standing room available. Once the returned visitor section tickets are sold, looks like we have a sellout.

89MTBISON
12-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Sold out, gonna be a rockin dome tomorrow night.

HerdBot
12-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Looks like this mother is sold out, standing room and everything.

Now if we can get everyone to step up their fan intensity...

bisonfanette
12-14-2017, 01:49 PM
The Limit was 2 and you couldn't get 2 reserve tickets at 8:00!!! (Hopefully someone did!)

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 02:10 PM

https://blog.adafruit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/to_11.jpg

wagsabison
12-14-2017, 02:13 PM

5 hours of tailgating can't hurt.

Bison_Pyro
12-14-2017, 04:23 PM

5 hours of tailgating and an additional 2-3 in tablegating

imabison
12-14-2017, 04:46 PM

I would bet that there is lots of premium tailgate spots available that reserved people turned back again. Check with NDSU on that and join the tailgate.

Go Bison