PDA

View Full Version : SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

MAKBison
12-10-2017, 03:42 AM
Well...might as well get it going

DakotaOkie
12-10-2017, 03:43 AM
7:00 PM correct that...Friday evening (15 Dec)

GRAFTONBISON
12-10-2017, 03:44 AM
I want to read about Coach Messingham pounding on the glass next Saturday

TransAmBison
7:00 PM Saturday evening!Friday evening!

Kevin
7:00 PM Saturday evening!

SHSU is consistently the worst 4th quarter team in the nation. I don't know how they do it.

I expect us to utterly crush them in the second half.

I also expect we'll hear all week about how much of a threat their speed is.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2017, 03:45 AM
7:00 PM correct that...Friday evening (15 Dec)

http://replygif.net/i/1518.gif

MAKBison
12-10-2017, 03:45 AM
I want to read about Coach Messingham pounding on the glass next Saturday

A Prep Coach broke the glass pounding on it during their PO

No_Skill
12-10-2017, 03:47 AM
I hope they wear the harvest helmets and do a pregame montage of the harvest games set to Harvester of Sorrow.

MAKBison
SHSU is consistently the worst 4th quarter team in the nation. I don't know how they do it.

Beat me to it. I think this year they are going with Texas Speed vrs Southern Speed.

GRAFTONBISON
A Prep Coach broke the glass pounding on it during their PO

I heard that. Time for some new glass then

BisonLaw
12-10-2017, 03:48 AM
Can't wait to hear "God Blessed Texas"

bisonp
12-10-2017, 03:50 AM

I expect Sam Houston to win the second half. And still lose by 24.

ndsubison1
12-10-2017, 06:12 AM
This has our USD game written all over it. They may get a quick score early, but we will adjust and disrupt their offense. Then there's their defense we will move the ball all night long on. We are hungry for Frisco.

Faron79
12-10-2017, 06:30 AM
I'm sensing a little blood in the water Bison-Nation....I really, REALLY am!!!!!
And....we need some "Khan" here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4qMBO_C2zM

"Explain it to them............"

Faron

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Kennesaw had 470 total yards with 352 of that being rushing yards. Sammy cannot stop the run. Pound that crappy defense with the run all game long.

unbison
12-10-2017, 11:13 AM

Not sure how this is possible as we have faced them 2 times in the championship and this will be the second time in the semis
If they were the worst 4th quarter team how would they make it deep in the playoffs consistently

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Not sure how this is possible as we have faced them 2 times in the championship and this will be the second time in the semis
If they were the worst 4th quarter team how would they make it deep in the playoffs consistently

Probably because in the last 3 years they have been blown out by NDSU, Jacksonville State and JMU in the playoffs. Weak conference schedule padding their win total and getting a over deserved playoff ranking. Kudos to them winning their conference title most years but when they come up against a good defense they fold up like a cheap chair.

unbison
12-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Probably because in the last 3 years they have been blown out by NDSU, Jacksonville State and JMU in the playoffs. Weak conference schedule padding their win total and getting a over deserved playoff ranking. Kudos to them winning their conference title most years but when they come up against a good defense they fold up like a cheap chair.

Still doesn’t answer how they consistently make deep playoff runs

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Like I said, kudos to them winning their perennially weak conference most years. Getting favorable seeds and beating up weaker teams until they face a legit defense deeper in the playoffs....that's how.

SHSU has great offenses but crappy defenses. They just outscore other teams until they face a very good defense. Has happened to them the last 3 years in the playoffs:

'16: Lost to JMU 65-7 --- JMU legit defense
'15: Lost to Jacksonville State 62-10 --- JSU legit defense
'14: Lost to NDSU 35-3 --- NDSU legit defense

Deep playoff runs? Sure, kudos to them but play some defense if you want to win the title.

unbison
12-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Like I said, kudos to them winning their perennially weak conference most years. Getting favorable seeds and beating up weaker teams until they face a legit defense deeper in the playoffs....that's how.

SHSU has great offenses but crappy defenses. They just outscore other teams until they face a very good defense. Has happened to them the last 3 years in the playoffs:

'16: Lost to JMU 65-7 --- JMU legit defense
'15: Lost to Jacksonville State 62-10 --- JSU legit defense
'14: Lost to NDSU 35-3 --- NDSU legit defense

Deep playoff runs? Sure, kudos to them but play some defense if you want to win the title.

I’m not arguing any of that... just the terrible 4th quarter team I don’t comprehend or does it logically make sense
They quite simply are not a championship caliber team

BisonTeacher
12-10-2017, 12:19 PM
From diaper pants to garter pants. The real question is if shsu loses will they make semi final runner up t shirts?

Bison20
12-10-2017, 01:25 PM
I’m not arguing any of that... just the terrible 4th quarter team I don’t comprehend or does it logically make sense
They quite simply are not a championship caliber team

They have almost blew the last two games in the second half. Up 41-7 against usd at halftime, usd got it to 44-42 in the 4th quarter before losing. They were up yesterday big at halftime and Kennesaw had a chance to the the game with a minute left. I think that's y he says terrible 4th quarter team. They usually get big leads and barely hold on to win. If they get down a couple touchdowns they tend to quit. It's been their style to quit once they get down

noryan34
12-10-2017, 02:02 PM
They have almost blew the last two games in the second half. Up 41-7 against usd at halftime, usd got it to 44-42 in the 4th quarter before losing. They were up yesterday big at halftime and Kennesaw had a chance to the the game with a minute left. I think that's y he says terrible 4th quarter team. They usually get big leads and barely hold on to win. If they get down a couple touchdowns they tend to quit. It's been their style to quit once they get down

You can see it in there body language when the going gets tough. QB yelling at his receivers. Defenders yelling at each other when the give up a big play. Coach yelling at the refs when his team doesn’t get a so so whistle. If ndsu gets up early I don’t see any fight or composure in this team to come back. They had what seemed like 5 personal foul penalties late in that game

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2017, 02:09 PM
You can see it in there body language when the going gets tough. QB yelling at his receivers. Defenders yelling at each other when the give up a big play. Coach yelling at the refs when his team doesn’t get a so so whistle. If ndsu gets up early I don’t see any fight or composure in this team to come back. They had what seemed like 5 personal foul penalties late in that game

I remember the last time they came to the dome. Highly touted athletic QB who was going to give the Bison big problems. Second play from scrimmage was a Kyle Emauel sack and it was all downhill from there.

ByeSonBusiness
12-10-2017, 02:13 PM

Lack of depth at this level.

Hammerhead
12-10-2017, 02:16 PM

They usually get to play Big Sky teams in the playoffs. LOL

gumby013
12-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Sam’s national stat rankings. Some of the defensive ones are startling.

http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113738

noryan34
12-10-2017, 02:43 PM

Few things that stand out. Avg 33 yards per punt. Giving up over 21 first downs a game. And around 80 penalty yards a geme. For comparison NdSU is 37/11/44.

gumby013
12-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Sagarin just updated. Bison up to #36. Sam at #104. Predicts a ~20 point spread.

JMU at #55. SDSU at #56.

Professor Chaos
12-10-2017, 03:21 PM

These are all out of 123 teams.

107th in total defense allowing 438.8 ypg
94th in rush defense allowing 180.2 ypg
And this is the big one - 112th in average TOP at 27:50

SHSU is going to need a Montana circa 2015 FCS Kickoff effort offensively to have a chance at winning (and hope NDSU's defense has the same issues as they did that game too). I just don't see how SHSU's high powered offense is going to be able to get enough plays/possessions to get it done. You can never say it's impossible for a team to win but boy does it seem like this matchup favors NDSU in so many different ways.

GreenfieldBison
12-10-2017, 03:30 PM
I remember the last time they came to the dome. Highly touted athletic QB who was going to give the Bison big problems. Second play from scrimmage was a Kyle Emauel sack and it was all downhill from there.

It looked to me like Briscoe was wearing a brace on his left knee and I don't recall a single play where he looked mobile. If code green starts harassing him with regularity I think he is going to fold up his tent and call it a day.

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2017, 03:39 PM
It looked to me like Briscoe was wearing a brace on his left knee and I don't recall a single play where he looked mobile. If code green starts harassing him with regularity I think he is going to fold up his tent and call it a day.

I don't recall ever seeing a qb just stand flat footed and hand off the ball without really moving.
Was that by design or out of necessity?

Mr Meaty
12-10-2017, 04:27 PM

He does not run. JJ said on coaches show this morning says he has like -80 yards rushing in his career. Joking slightly.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2017, 04:32 PM
He does not run. JJ said on coaches show this morning says he has like -80 yards rushing in his career. Joking slightly.

hope they have a good training staff. they're going to be busy.

EC8CH
12-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Excellent

*Mr Burns gif*

bri-dog
12-10-2017, 04:42 PM

NOT joking slightly. Since sacks count against rushing yards in college, his net rushing yards are:

2014: 7 (this was at UAB)
2015: -36
2016: -53
2017: 1

Total: -81

Faron79
12-10-2017, 04:47 PM
For people aware of General Patton.....if they're not, they should be!!!
If not, & even if you know of him, this clip sums up my feelings.
Collectively, here's how we, meaning Bison fans EVERYWHERE, SHOULD be feeling...
PS....turn it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFICRj01Mc
GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faron

MontanaHoyt
12-10-2017, 04:49 PM
I wonder if Sam Houston State will bring their band again? They brought their band when we played them here in 2014 in the semifinals.

23Bison
12-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Collectively, here's how we, meaning Bison fans EVERYWHERE, SHOULD be feeling...
PS....turn it up!

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faron

This is so perfect for how I and many feel. Plus that show is awesome!

Faron79
12-10-2017, 05:03 PM
"God help me I do love it so....."

Someone smart should put Klieman's face onto Patton's here! And maybe a Bison symbol somewhere?! Not to be disrespectful tho'!!!! Maybe onto a tank?!?

Faron

23Bison
12-10-2017, 05:11 PM
I’d put it right on the helmet covering the stars. Or to make it easy just on the chest some place.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-10-2017, 05:11 PM
PS....turn it up!

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faron

Phsssft....silly, that's George C. Scott.

Kevin
12-10-2017, 05:12 PM

You can be a horrible 4th quarter team and still win the game. Every year they walk through a weak conference, build massive leads (except when against good defenses) and then piss the lead away into a nail biting finish.

We're going to beat them worse than the last 3 times next week.

Kat78
12-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Hello, Bison Faithful. You guys are right, Briscoe does wear a brace, and it seems at times he's allergic to running. He did make a couple of runs earlier in the season, two for fairly long td's (maybe 18 and 36 yds). There were times this season where he took too much time in the pocket, and then took a step forward for a poorly tossed short dump off to a receiver that fell incomplete, when he could have easily taken off and slid for 15 yds. Nothing like the old Brian Bell days! I wish I could join Lakes and TransAm for the game tailgate, but as I posted on our forum, the wife had surgery and I'm chief cook, bottle washer, nurse, and, ahem, bartender! I hope for a great game against the kings of the hill!

Faron79
12-10-2017, 05:22 PM
The more I think about it.....the more I like it!!!!
Put some Bison trim on a goddamn TANK!!!!!
THAT makes a good symbol for our CHAMPIONSHIP run!!!
>>>> Please....somebody smart....get on this!
Please?
:)

Faron

Kat78
12-10-2017, 05:30 PM
The more I think about it.....the more I like it!!!!
Put some Bison trim on a goddamn TANK!!!!!
THAT makes a good symbol for our CHAMPIONSHIP run!!!
>>>> Please....somebody smart....get on this!
Please?
:)

Faron

I think some friends still have a WWII halftrack on their deer lease. It would be expensive to transport, and to get running, hasn't run in years. They bought it as surplus years ago and used it to get around to some of the roughest parts of the deer lease. Must have scared the hell out of the deer, thinking a Panzer Division was on the freaking way!

scottietohottie
12-10-2017, 05:46 PM
This will be me Friday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM

NDSU1980
12-10-2017, 05:55 PM
I hope the Sammy fans that show up are still determined to out cheer us when they have the ball. Nothing shows dedication to your team like yelling your lungs out when your team is on offense.

NDSUSR
12-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I think some friends still have a WWII halftrack on their deer lease. It would be expensive to transport, and to get running, hasn't run in years. They bought it as surplus years ago and used it to get around to some of the roughest parts of the deer lease. Must have scared the hell out of the deer, thinking a Panzer Division was on the freaking way!

Where is this at?

Professor Chaos
12-10-2017, 06:06 PM
The line just opened on 5dimes at NDSU -20 with an O/U of 64.5.

Faron79
12-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Oh my!!! THAT would be cool to see!

Faron

Kat78
12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Near San Saba, TX. The Army has an armor training area near Brownwood, a bit to the north. I think they got it there decades ago. Would be pretty cool to have a tailgate crew in the top!

scottietohottie
12-10-2017, 06:11 PM
NDSU just called me. They need me to bring the noise Friday night. I new that I wasn't the only one that noticed the old noise meter going up when I yelled.

NDSUSR
12-10-2017, 06:34 PM
I wasn't the only one that noticed the old noise meter going up when I yelled.
I was going to insert another Charlie Sheen joke here, but its just too easy.

23Bison
12-10-2017, 07:22 PM
This will be me Friday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM

😂 God ur such a puts!! Sad thing is I can actually see you remaking this video similar to little Billy Gilman in the school bus. I believe that’s the right name.

oldmantutters
12-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Excellent

*Mr Burns gif*Like this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171211/51505544ab9d0e2762cdc302d18ab0bd.gif

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-11-2017, 10:39 AM

Sam Houston has the potential to surprise us and spoil out trip to Frisco. You don't go this deep in the playoffs on a regular basis without being talented.

They beat Richmond and South Dakota by 2 scores and put up 48 and 54. These guys can score and all it takes is a hot QB to win a game. They've been to the dome recently so they know what to expect. And KC Keeler is a great coach

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Sam Houston has the potential to surprise us and spoil out trip to Frisco. You don't go this deep in the playoffs on a regular basis without being talented.

They beat Richmond and South Dakota by 2 scores and put up 48 and 54. These guys can score and all it takes is a hot QB to win a game. They've been to the dome recently so they know what to expect. And KC Keeler is a great coach

http://www.co.benton.mn.us/Emergency_Management/Flood_Information/sandbags_clip_image001.gif

B. b. bison
12-11-2017, 01:13 PM
PS....turn it up!

Faron

I'm not sure how exactly it fits in as a metaphor for playoff football, but this is my favorite scene from Patton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-YVHO9Uzw

cbline
12-11-2017, 01:38 PM
PS....turn it up!

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faron

Awesome clip! Thanks for posting it!

noryan34
12-11-2017, 03:15 PM
These are all out of 123 teams.

107th in total defense allowing 438.8 ypg
94th in rush defense allowing 180.2 ypg
And this is the big one - 112th in average TOP at 27:50

SHSU is going to need a Montana circa 2015 FCS Kickoff effort offensively to have a chance at winning (and hope NDSU's defense has the same issues as they did that game too). I just don't see how SHSU's high powered offense is going to be able to get enough plays/possessions to get it done. You can never say it's impossible for a team to win but boy does it seem like this matchup favors NDSU in so many different ways.

Just to include some familiar opponents rush yards allowed per game. Against those 6 opponents NDSU rushed for avg 312 yards/game (low 214 MoState)(high 498 MVSU)

123 MVSU 276.2
112 Missouri St 216.9
99 EWU 192.6
97 Indiana St 188.4
94 SHSU 180.2
93 Robert Mo 176.7
88 Youngst 173.2

gumby013
12-11-2017, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD3SMKKsOsU

Kujava23
12-11-2017, 03:21 PM
I wanted these bitches to hold on and win...again

Nothing will be more enjoyable than to POUND on them into submission and than listen to the excuses on why got their asses kicked....AGAIN by NDSU

Is it Friday yet??

I need this more than ever after Carson's injury scare?? hoping/praying

tony
12-11-2017, 03:37 PM
How many points is Easton's mustache worth by itself? I was thinking 17 but am not sure it is done evolving.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2017, 03:46 PM
How many points is Easton's mustache worth by itself? I was thinking 17 but am not sure it is done evolving.

I was happy to see the progress from week to week. I think he can peak at the right time.

gumby013
12-11-2017, 03:53 PM
I was happy to see the progress from week to week. I think he can peak at the right time.

We need a GIF of the growth.

THEsocalledfan
12-11-2017, 04:03 PM
I watched most of their USD and Kennesaw games. Truth is, they still don't hit worth a darn. If NDSU brings the wood, they win by two scores.

tony
12-11-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm probably wrong but when has that stopped me before?

I'm eager to see NDSU's delta formation against SHSU's defensive scheme.

Mr Meaty
12-11-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm probably wrong but when has that stopped me before?

I'm eager to see NDSU's delta formation against SHSU's defensive scheme.

They have one??

GSUsTALON
12-11-2017, 04:29 PM
I watched your game last week. You look the same as when we played you.

Your coaching staff, players and execution are as strong as ever on both sides of the ball.

I've never seen a team with such consistency with the exception of the Erk and Johnson eras at GSU. Of course those 2 were separated by a decade while you get it done every year.

If you stay focused, I really don't see any impediment in your way to #6.

Professor Chaos
12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Looks like yellow jerseys and harvest helmets Friday night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQyDHCjUEAAJO0I.jpg

If so they may as well call it now... it's ovah!!!

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2017, 04:46 PM

that's just unfair.

Christopher Moen
12-11-2017, 04:52 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQyDHCjUEAAJO0I.jpg

SHSU might as well show up in all-white unis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjbison
12-11-2017, 05:35 PM
I do think all green would be pretty cool

BisManBison
12-11-2017, 06:08 PM
They have one??

It's the equivalent of a gentle breeze.

Bison Loaf
12-11-2017, 07:07 PM
SHSU might as well show up in all-white unis.

Butt, butt, butt ........... then the only way we could tell if they had their diaper pants on ............. is if they crapped in them.

gumby013
12-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Been watching a few Sam games from this year. Running to the edge seems to be a problem for their defense, as well as passes to the flat and wheel routes. Their LB’s don’t move very well sideline to sideline.

scottietohottie
12-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Shsu wr's are really good at pushing off of the defenders.

gumby013
12-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Did a quick count of the Sam roster, and they are still transfer-central.

FBS - 16
FCS - 1
JuCo - 6

Christopher Moen
12-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Been watching a few Sam games from this year. Running to the edge seems to be a problem for their defense, as well as passes to the flat and wheel routes. Their LB’s don’t move very well sideline to sideline.

Well, that should get Ty Brooks and Seth Wilson to be licking their chops going in to this game.

In regards to attacking the middle, it's going to be the battle of the Titans with Bruce Anderson and P.J. Hall.

ndsubison1
12-12-2017, 01:00 AM
Pj Hall is still there

BisonHorns
12-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Must watch SHSU press conference. 8 minute mark coach says the noise in the dome doesnt mean anything. Also he talks so slow he seems high or drunk.
https://youtu.be/CD3SMKKsOsU

BisonEngrGirl
12-12-2017, 04:48 AM
Must watch SHSU press conference. 8 minute mark coach says the noise in the dome doesnt mean anything. Also he talks so slow he seems high or drunk.

He says, “any time you hold us under 40 you’re doing a phenomenal job.”

Who’s taking bets we hold them under 20?

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2017, 04:54 AM
Pj Hall is still there

Hes on that special Taysom Hill scholarship

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 05:58 AM
late in the 3rd qrt pounding on the booth glass.....12 consecutive ram it down your throat runs. run it again! run it again! heard throughout the stadium

taz for 2, taz for 5 taz for 10, taz for 8, taz for 5, taz for 7, king for 5, taz for 5, taz for 3, Taz for 3, King for 3, Taz for 10...td 28- 3 SU.

i wonder if the kats ol ball coach remembers that?

Christopher Moen
12-12-2017, 06:38 AM

I know this includes players that are no longer on both teams, but the combined points SHSU has put up against NDSU the past three games is...........22. Might want to change your bet to holding them under 10 for fairness.

Son of a Bison
12-12-2017, 07:12 AM

I don't anticipate his next post game press conference being like this one.

scottietohottie
12-12-2017, 12:40 PM
 God ur such a puts!! Sad thing is I can actually see you remaking this video similar to little Billy Gilman in the school bus. I believe that’s the right name.

Ah that's nothing. One time I shaved off my eyebrows, played another one bites the dust on the jukebox and changed the words of the song to Sam Houston lick my nuts.

True story bro.

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2017, 01:38 PM

In NDSU's 29 playoff games going back to 2010, they have surrendered 363 points for an average ppg of 12.5.

In these post season games, the Bison allowed:

40 or more points: 0 times.
30 or more points: 2 times.
20 or more points: 6 times.
10 or more points: 16 times.
Fewer than 10 points: 12 times.
Shutouts: 1 time.

cbline
12-12-2017, 01:43 PM
late in the 3rd qrt pounding on the booth glass.....12 consecutive ram it down your throat runs. run it again! run it again! heard throughout the stadium

taz for 2, taz for 5 taz for 10, taz for 8, taz for 5, taz for 7, king for 5, taz for 5, taz for 3, Taz for 3, King for 3, Taz for 10...td 28- 3 SU.

i wonder if the kats ol ball coach remembers that?

^^^ This sequence of plays and the ESPN play-by-play have their places in Bison lore. Awesome, awesome memories of being in the Dome! ^^^

wagsabison
12-12-2017, 02:05 PM
^^^ This sequence of plays and the ESPN play-by-play have their places in Bison lore. Awesome, awesome memories of being in the Dome! ^^^

"Grown man football" had to watch that replay again this morning.

noryan34
12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
"Grown man football" had to watch that replay again this morning.

Top 5 moment in this NDSU run for me was when they went hurry up just to run power dives. That was a thing of beauty. Then the post game presser when Crockett tried to be all coy and was like ah heck, ya it was the exact same play over and over. LOL love it

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2017, 02:30 PM

I'll never forget how pumped Carson was on that drive even though all he was doing was handing the ball off. He was completely jacked.

Bison03
12-12-2017, 05:00 PM
People around me were wondering why they were going hurry up with a big lead. As I was standing up cheering and yelling “They cant stop us” , they figured it out.

ckpryor
12-12-2017, 06:24 PM
SHSU alum here. Bison fans congrats on both of us making it to the semi's again. No news to anyone it's going to be very hard to beat you at home and I wish SHSU had a 10th of the fan support your Bison team does!
My 2 cents worth take it or leave it. You curb stomp us again with a blow out or this will be one hell of a good close game. We have the most talent(IMO) this year than we have ever put on the field. It just seems to me we havn't performed up to all the athletic potential I know is out there yet we are still in the semi's. In my opinion this year it's due to the new offensive & defensive coaches not coaching these guys up to their potential. Here we are in the semi's anyway so I can't bitch too much! I said it last year & the start of this year all the pieces are there for us in 2017. It happens this year with this tremendous senior class or maybe never! If we come to play & don't get psyched out with the crowd noise & tremendous home field advantage it should be a gamer. I'm glad we are playing you in the dome instead of some other northern team in the cold outdoors. It helps us tremendously playing on turf & indoors & we need all the help we can get. I hope both teams come out healthy and the best team wins!
On a second note I can't believe the line is 20. In one way I'm telling myself I'm stupid not to take 20 but after sleeping on it I've come to the conclusion I wouldn't bet on this game unless it's with someone else's $. I just think this game is wide open to what the outcome will be. We have been disrespected thru the playoffs with the betting lines yet here we are still in it. I don't know how the refs have been for the Bison this year but it has been horrific against us all year especially at our home games. These wins we've had should have been won by quite larger numbers but the refs have been terrible. Nothing anyone can do about it & not being a homer but it's the fact the refs have been horrible. This year have y'all seen terrible officiating in your games? Down here the officiating quality has been really poor this year.

tjbison
12-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Ah that's nothing. One time I shaved off my eyebrows, played another one bites the dust on the jukebox and changed the words of the song to Sam Houston lick my nuts.

True story bro.

Lol...And you were going to delete your account......

NDSUBowler
12-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Paragraphs.

Gary Hansen
12-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I feel if we are trying to compare this Sam Houston team to other teams that we have played, I think this Bearkats team resembles the EWU team of last year. Only without the mobile QB. I feel the universe is getting right with this Bison team again!

BadlandsBison
12-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Kennesaw had the Sam H d-line very wore down. They were getting pushed around, lucky for them Kennesaw was not very fast.

gumby013
12-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Sam presser.

https://www.facebook.com/southlandsports/videos/vb.68474295749/10155924552400750/?type=2&theater

coloradobison
12-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Sam presser.

https://www.facebook.com/southlandsports/videos/vb.68474295749/10155924552400750/?type=2&theater

Briscoe played golf today.... I'm guessing Easton would have been watching film (though I think Sammy's classes are done already).

NDSU really needs to move finals week ahead one week, so it doesnt interfere with Semifinal prep for the team (some purple)

gumby013
12-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Sam Game Notes

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/2017_SHSU_FB_Game_Notes_NDSU.pdf?&&&&&&&&&&&&&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&_ga=2.238171845.451580400.1512856933-1674958942.1475082005

Bison bison
12-12-2017, 07:28 PM
NDSU Fall semester should end by August 1st. It just gets in the way of football.

Son of a Bison
12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Sam Game Notes

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/2017_SHSU_FB_Game_Notes_NDSU.pdf?&&&&&&&&&&&&&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&_ga=2.238171845.451580400.1512856933-1674958942.1475082005

It says KC Keeler has been to 8 championship games total (including other division levels) but only won once. Ouch. Just shows how hard it is to win any let alone 5 in a row. Incredible.

oldmantutters
12-12-2017, 08:11 PM
SHSU alum here. Bison fans congrats on both of us making it to the semi's again. No news to anyone it's going to be very hard to beat you at home and I wish SHSU had a 10th of the fan support your Bison team does!
My 2 cents worth take it or leave it. You curb stomp us again with a blow out or this will be one hell of a good close game. We have the most talent(IMO) this year than we have ever put on the field. It just seems to me we havn't performed up to all the athletic potential I know is out there yet we are still in the semi's. In my opinion this year it's due to the new offensive & defensive coaches not coaching these guys up to their potential. Here we are in the semi's anyway so I can't bitch too much! I said it last year & the start of this year all the pieces are there for us in 2017. It happens this year with this tremendous senior class or maybe never! If we come to play & don't get psyched out with the crowd noise & tremendous home field advantage it should be a gamer. I'm glad we are playing you in the dome instead of some other northern team in the cold outdoors. It helps us tremendously playing on turf & indoors & we need all the help we can get. I hope both teams come out healthy and the best team wins!
On a second note I can't believe the line is 20. In one way I'm telling myself I'm stupid not to take 20 but after sleeping on it I've come to the conclusion I wouldn't bet on this game unless it's with someone else's $. I just think this game is wide open to what the outcome will be. We have been disrespected thru the playoffs with the betting lines yet here we are still in it. I don't know how the refs have been for the Bison this year but it has been horrific against us all year especially at our home games. These wins we've had should have been won by quite larger numbers but the refs have been terrible. Nothing anyone can do about it & not being a homer but it's the fact the refs have been horrible. This year have y'all seen terrible officiating in your games? Down here the officiating quality has been really poor this year.Welcome. Congrats on making it this far again. I like to have fun at Sam's expense but the fact is you don't rack up the playoff wins that y'all have without being a good team. I saw somewhere else, I think a Facebook FCS fans group, where someone had ranked teams of the past decade. They had Sam at anywhere from 4-6, imo Sam is 2. They had JMU/EWU ahead of y'all because they had won championships. The mods are EWU and JMU fans btw.

Anyhow, on officiating, I'd say the worst we've seen this year was down in Brookings during our game against SDSU, otherwise it's been pretty good this year.

Kujava23
12-12-2017, 08:59 PM

WE'VE BEEN CHALLENGED BISON NATION---yell your asses off

I want to KILL THESE JACKASSES

tony
12-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Welcome. Congrats on making it this far again. I like to have fun at Sam's expense but the fact is you don't rack up the playoff wins that y'all have without being a good team. I saw somewhere else, I think a Facebook FCS fans group, where someone had ranked teams of the past decade. They had Sam at anywhere from 4-6, imo Sam is 2. They had JMU/EWU ahead of y'all because they had won championships. The mods are EWU and JMU fans btw.

Anyhow, on officiating, I'd say the worst we've seen this year was down in Brookings during our game against SDSU, otherwise it's been pretty good this year.

Sam should be #2...

Look who they've beat in the playoffs this decade:

Cal Poly
Chattanooga
Colgate
Eastern Washington
Jackonsville State
Kennesaw State
McNeese State
Montana
Montana State x 2
South Dakota
Southeastern Louisiana
Southern Utah x 2
Stony Brook
Villanova

That's a lot more wins that EWU (10) and a ton more than James Madison (6)

bruinbison
12-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Post-season AP AA honors for Sam Houston players

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211689477&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Wide receiver Davion Davis and defensive lineman P.J. Hall were each named to the all-America first team, while quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe was named to the second team and wide receiver Nathan Stewart to the third team.

For Davis, it is his first AP all-America choice, and deservingly so after a junior season that saw him named the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Year. The Hutto, Texas, native has hauled in 72 passes for 1,147 yards and 17 touchdowns this year as a receiver......

Isn’t Davion Davis the WR who was injured late last weekend? Any news on his status?

Am looking forward to the Bison D going against 2016 Walter Payton Award winner Jeremiah Briscoe!

The honor adds to a lengthy list for Briscoe who is a top-three finalist for the Walter Payton Award, an honor to be handed out on January 5 prior to the FCS Championship game in Frisco. Briscoe won the honor a year ago and is seeking to become just the second player in FCS history, along with Appalachian State’s Armanti Edwards (2008 and 2009) to win the award.

During that 2016 campaign he set an FCS record with 57 touchdown passes and has put up gaudy numbers once again in 2017. The trigger man for the top offense in the FCS, he has thrown for a SHSU single-season record 4,714 yards and with 286 more yards this year would become the first Bearkat in history to put together a 5,000-yard season. He leads the nation in total passing yards and passing yards per game, and his 44 touchdown passes once again leads the nation and will have him finish as the first FCS quarterback since Eastern Washington’s Bo Levi Mitchell to lead the nation in touchdown passes in consecutive seasons.

HerdBot
12-12-2017, 09:45 PM
The #1 scoring offense vs our defense. (not sure where we rank but it's gotta be up there.) Should be a fun game!

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 10:02 PM
The #1 scoring offense vs our defense. (not sure where we rank but it's gotta be up there.) Should be a fun game!

FCS
#1 scoring offense SHSU
#2 scoring offense NDSU

# 1 scoring Defense NDSU
# 107 scoring Defense SHSU

Team Stats SHSU
EAM STATS
Points per game.............................................. .................................45.6
Yards per game.............................................. ................................ 552.4
Yards passing per game.............................................. ............... 368.4
Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............... 184.0
Points allowed per game.............................................. ................29.4
Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............... 438.8

Team stats NDSU
TEAM STATS
Points per game.............................................. ...............................39.0
Yards per game.............................................. .............................. 444.6
Yards passing per game.............................................. ............. 179.5
Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............. 265.1
Points allowed per game.............................................. ..............12.3
Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............. 237.9

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 10:04 PM

That's why you don't miss a game just because its at 11 or on a Friday

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Two days and a wake-up

Tickets PIcked up....................CHECK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR6pxe8jaMs

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Message from the Kats....seems NDSU loses focus when they are pressured...... If we can score 1st and often.....NDSU will mentally checkout.,...Buffalos secondary is susceptible to deep passes ......Buffalos goal line run defense is suspect......Buffalos fumble prone if attacked by physical play of defense......Buffalos poor tackling

TAILG8R
12-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Message from the Kats....seems NDSU loses focus when they are pressured...... If we can score 1st and often.....NDSU will mentally checkout.,...Buffalos secondary is susceptible to deep passes ......Buffalos goal line run defense is suspect......Buffalos fumble prone if attacked by physical play of defense......Buffalos poor tackling

LOL, you serious Clark?

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 11:15 PM
LOL, you serious Clark?

Yep, that's what being said. throw in the "this is the best SHSU team NDSU has seen" and that about sums it up :-)

So All season long I have had a hard time getting too excited about each game......none of them meant that much to me, even SDSU. All I have wanted to do is play JMU. Cant wait for Friday to drink a few beers, pre game football and then soak in the firday night game by curbstomping Keller and his Kats. Thanks SHSU I need that!

Nostalgic :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY

bisonaudit
12-12-2017, 11:18 PM

one of those things is true.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2017, 11:19 PM

Yes, please only look at the SDSU game tape, please.

BisonNeil
12-12-2017, 11:22 PM
FCS
#1 scoring offense SHSU
#2 scoring offense NDSU

# 1 scoring Defense NDSU
# 107 scoring Defense SHSU

Team Stats SHSU
EAM STATS
Points per game.............................................. .................................45.6
Yards per game.............................................. ................................ 552.4
Yards passing per game.............................................. ............... 368.4
Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............... 184.0
Points allowed per game.............................................. ................29.4
Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............... 438.8

Team stats NDSU
TEAM STATS
Points per game.............................................. ...............................39.0
Yards per game.............................................. .............................. 444.6
Yards passing per game.............................................. ............. 179.5
Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............. 265.1
Points allowed per game.............................................. ..............12.3
Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............. 237.9

FWIW, according to the NCAA, JMU has the best scoring defense, NDSU #2, 10.3 vs 11.4 per game.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/28

MAKBison
12-12-2017, 11:24 PM
FWIW, according to the NCAA, JMU has the best scoring defense, NDSU #2, 10.3 vs 11.4 per game.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/28

I meant to say total D...but you get the point!

NDSU 1

gumby013
12-12-2017, 11:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0W12KddJV8

gumby013
12-12-2017, 11:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iJKjlgA1A

gumby013
12-13-2017, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiXxkD_RDQ

GreenfieldBison
12-13-2017, 12:06 AM
Yep, that's what being said. throw in the "this is the best SHSU team NDSU has seen" and that about sums it up :-)

So All season long I have had a hard time getting too excited about each game......none of them meant that much to me, even SDSU. All I have wanted to do is play JMU. Cant wait for Friday to drink a few beers, pre game football and then soak in the firday night game by curbstomping Keller and his Kats. Thanks SHSU I need that!

Nostalgic :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY

Sooooo, what’s gonna happen to that cheery mood if SDSU screws up the plan and dismisses the canines?

MAKBison
12-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Sooooo, what’s gonna happen to that cheery mood if SDSU screws up the plan and dismisses the canines?

If JMU is a one pump chump then I have a few more analogies that might make u blush! JK....if it comes to that I am over it. If need be it will be back to SDSU smack thread...I think I made a few cry last time.

So I know some of you on here know the family ect...is there any truth SDSU's big TE is more about playing on Sunday vrs this Saturday. BTW...I don't blame him All sorts of $$$$$$$$$$$ to be lost if he cant showcase his talent this spring. Hard choice

TAILG8R
12-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Man Keeler is full of bullshit and excuses. I don't think I have ever heard a coach talk about how great his team while making every excuse why they lose.

Christopher Moen
12-13-2017, 01:05 AM

Poor dude (or dudette) can't even get the team right. Apparently, he/she thinks they are playing Colorado-Boulder.

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Man Keeler is full of bullshit and excuses. I don't think I have ever heard a coach talk about how great his team while making every excuse why they lose.

Also called us fucking North Dakota 2 or 3 times.

Fuck you Keeler.

CAS4127
12-13-2017, 02:13 AM
Sams Rams being brutally honest with thoughts on game.—> https://herosports.com/fcs-playoffs/football-shsu-vs-ndsu-qa-with-bisonation-byby

Have to admit I LdOL a few times.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2017, 04:24 AM
Sams Rams being brutally honest with thoughts on game.—> https://herosports.com/fcs-playoffs/football-shsu-vs-ndsu-qa-with-bisonation-byby

Have to admit I LdOL a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhy did he say it's important to contain Briscoe to the pocket? I heard he is not mobile at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
12-13-2017, 06:10 AM
Why did he say it's important to contain Briscoe to the pocket? I heard he is not mobile at all.

That caught me off-guard too, but then remembered it's John speaking, so I just accepted he knows more about Briscoe than I do.

yodayote
12-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Good Luck to the Bison this weekend. I am hoping you lay the smack down to SHSU. The fans down there were absolutely terrible to deal with when we lost a couple of weeks ago. They were in our face and talking crap about "over rated MVFC." Too bad we came up short, I would have loved to take another trip to Fargo.

gumby013
12-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Why did he say it's important to contain Briscoe to the pocket? I heard he is not mobile at all.

He’s not. He has -88 rushing yards for his career.

EC8CH
12-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Good Luck to the Bison this weekend. I am hoping you lay the smack down to SHSU. The fans down there were absolutely terrible to deal with when we lost a couple of weeks ago. They were in our face and talking crap about "over rated MVFC." Too bad we came up short, I would have loved to take another trip to Fargo.

That's just dumb considering USD supposedly was one of the last teams to make the playoffs and they were seeded 6th.

bisonmike2
12-13-2017, 11:46 AM
That's just dumb considering USD supposedly was one of the last teams to make the playoffs and they were seeded 6th.

A bully is never going to pick on the biggest kid on the playground. That being said, I'd take USD 10/10 times against SHSU if it was USD that had the bye week. I just think they ran out of gas with the stretch that they had at the end of the year.

wagsabison
12-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Yes, please only look at the SDSU game tape, please.

That was definitely a turning point in our season. I don't think we are anywhere near the team that showed up in Brookings that day.

MNLonghorn10
12-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Good Luck to the Bison this weekend. I am hoping you lay the smack down to SHSU. The fans down there were absolutely terrible to deal with when we lost a couple of weeks ago. They were in our face and talking crap about "over rated MVFC." Too bad we came up short, I would have loved to take another trip to Fargo.That's pretty weak of them...especially after you just beat their conference mates the week before.

I've had nothing but positive encounters with SH fans. We even parked our bus in their tailgate lot in frisco for round 2...none of the tires got slashed or Windows broken out after ndsu beat them soundly. I'm sure hearing about MVFC superiority from a certain online fan base gets old.

But you know what...They couldn't even win their pud conference.

scottietohottie
12-13-2017, 12:30 PM
In keeler's defense on crowd noise. The last time he brought a team to the dome it wasn't even worthy of crowd noise.

bri-dog
12-13-2017, 12:39 PM
He’s not. He has -88 rushing yards for his career.

C'mon now, gumby -- don't go short-changing him. He had 7 yards rushing his freshman year at Alabama-Birmingham. So -81. :biggrin:

Bison bison
12-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Dude might end the game on friday with -81 rushing yards.

noryan34
12-13-2017, 02:24 PM
I was thinking about the coaches comments about his team being worn out towards the end of the year and I remebered the total plays stat for defense for SHSU. Maybe his team wouldnt be so worn out if they slowed it down a bit.

On D they average 77.6 plays/game. Their defense has played the most snaps of all FCS teams this year (1009). For comparison on two offense NDSU knows likes to play uber fast in turn giving the ball back quickly USD (70.1 D plays/game). Montana (77.1 D plays/game) and NDSU sitting at 56.5 d plays/game.

On the offensive side in plays per game SHSU (77.7) USD (81.9) Montana (78.1) NDSU (65.2)

So on average SHSU players are playing 33-34 more plays per game then NDSU. Over a season I bet that takes its toll because to this point that likes an extra 3 games for SHSU compared to NDSU in terms of plays.

MAKBison
12-13-2017, 09:42 PM
One day and a Wake-up

Babysitter......Check
Ticket secured...Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI

Green1
12-13-2017, 09:52 PM
I was thinking about the coaches comments about his team being worn out towards the end of the year and I remebered the total plays stat for defense for SHSU. Maybe his team wouldnt be so worn out if they slowed it down a bit.

On D they average 77.6 plays/game. Their defense has played the most snaps of all FCS teams this year (1009). For comparison on two offense NDSU knows likes to play uber fast in turn giving the ball back quickly USD (70.1 D plays/game). Montana (77.1 D plays/game) and NDSU sitting at 56.5 d plays/game.

On the offensive side in plays per game SHSU (77.7) USD (81.9) Montana (78.1) NDSU (65.2)

So on average SHSU players are playing 33-34 more plays per game then NDSU. Over a season I bet that takes its toll because to this point that likes an extra 3 games for SHSU compared to NDSU in terms of plays.

That's a very interesting thought! Thanks for the info.

gumby013
12-14-2017, 12:46 PM
This week we get super-flight-stalking! Sam's flight to Fargo hasn't posted yet, but we can track the plane flying from Minneapolis to pick them up.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8660

Mr Meaty
12-14-2017, 01:15 PM
https://youtu.be/-G84P5K-W1c

In correct thread now.

Mr Meaty
12-14-2017, 01:22 PM
https://youtu.be/K096sx5whTE

in correct thread now.

cbline
12-14-2017, 01:32 PM
This week we get super-flight-stalking! Sam's flight to Fargo hasn't posted yet, but we can track the plane flying from Minneapolis to pick them up.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8660

In the perfect Mr. Burns voice: "Excellent."

G_Funky
12-14-2017, 02:29 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY

This has been my playoff song since roughly 2014...seems fitting based on our run of supremacy against the sammies.

gumby013
12-14-2017, 03:01 PM
And to stalk the flight to Fargo.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8640

IBleedYellow
12-14-2017, 03:01 PM
"It seems like they can just plug running backs in and each turns into a star."

KC Keeler on NDSU.

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2017, 03:07 PM

Maybe its jimbo Fisher coming to interview CK for defensive coordinator??

bri-dog
12-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Don't forget the altitude adjustment.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Guess I never paid attention but I always guessed College station was farther west.

MontanaHoyt
12-14-2017, 04:07 PM
It's Flight Tracking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8640/history/20171214/1730Z/KCLL/KFAR

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2017, 04:14 PM

"Hello, hello. This is your captain speaking. We, at Sun Country airlines would like to thank you for flying with us today, considering the beat down you are walking into. Thankfully for all of us, this is all the NCAA's fault so no one at our company can be sued. On the trip today, we plan on taking I-35 to KC, then we will jump on I-29 all the way to Fargo. When we arrive in Fargo, you can count on the temperature being cold and a wind in the air. However, thankfully for you, they play inside, but you will see thousands of nuts cases preparing to make your offense operate on silent counts out in the elements on the west side of the dome. With that, sit back, and relax. We'll deliver you to the pit of misery, shortly. Dilly, Dilly!"

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2017, 04:19 PM
"Hello, hello. This is your captain speaking. We, at Sun Country airlines would like to thank you for flying with us today, considering the beat down you are walking into. Thankfully for all of us, this is all the NCAA's fault so no one at our company can be sued. On the trip today, we plan on taking I-35 to KC, then we will jump on I-29 all the way to Fargo. When we arrive in Fargo, you can count on the temperature being cold and a wind in the air. However, thankfully for you, they play inside, but you will see thousands of nuts cases preparing to make your offense operate on silent counts out in the elements on the west side of the dome. With that, sit back, and relax. We'll deliver you to the pit of misery, shortly. Dilly, Dilly!"

Dilly, Dilly!!

Christopher Moen
12-14-2017, 04:22 PM

This should be some type of poster:

Welcome to the Pit of Misery......Dilly, Dilly!

gumby013
12-14-2017, 04:31 PM
They are getting Chick-fil-a on the plane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRBayl7UMAAWXci.jpg:large

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2017, 04:35 PM

Chicken, eh?

Perhaps their flight attendants are:

Sam and Ella.

bisonmike2
12-14-2017, 04:38 PM
Chicken, eh?

Perhaps their flight attendants are:

Sam and Ella.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/y2mN988HTtM/hqdefault.jpg

stevdock
12-14-2017, 05:04 PM

Need to go through a pat down just to get Chick-fil-a huh?? They have definitely upped their security procedures at Chick-fil-a ;)

bisonp
12-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Sam Houston coach says Bearkats on the cusp of being FCS elite program (http://www.inforum.com/sports/4374149-sam-houston-coach-says-bearkats-cusp-being-fcs-elite-program)

The vehicle so-to-speak that carries the FCS title-winning team to the south stage of Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, for the post-game awards ceremony has for the most part been a two-wheeled apparatus. Translation: Two programs in the last six years have been crowned champions.

Sam Houston State head coach K.C. Keeler feels like his Bearkats are on the verge of getting a new car.

"We feel like we're the third wheel," he said.

If the coaching thing doesn't work out, KC could write for The Forum.

gumby013
12-14-2017, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2Fr1uDQ6g

Bison_Pyro
12-14-2017, 06:00 PM

I don't know why, but I seem to enjoy these simulations.

cbline
12-14-2017, 06:04 PM

"Hello, Las Vegas? This is cbline calling. Put me down for a gazillion dollars for the Bison to cover on Friday evening. Thank you."

Professor Chaos
12-14-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm sure everyone will be relieved to know that SHSU has their Frisco ticketing process squared away. ;)

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211689643&DB_OEM_ID=19900

bisonmike2
12-14-2017, 06:47 PM

Damn, I miss that game.

bri-dog
12-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Need to go through a pat down just to get Chick-fil-a huh?? They have definitely upped their security procedures at Chick-fil-a ;)

Is that what's happening? I just pictured them making plane noises

coloradobison
12-14-2017, 07:16 PM
end of the first championship being played on facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfootball/videos/737606786433985/

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2017, 07:19 PM

"Hello, hello. This is your captain speaking. We are about 10 minutes from landing. What you see below you, to some, is a cold, dreary, desolate wasteland. Due to this, not that many people live in this area. However, those that do work hard, don't expect the government to take care of them, and pay their taxes. And, and this may surprise you, have developed a breeding program that has produced the best quality lineman stock without intentionally doing it. You see, those hardy types, settle on farms and small towns and reproduce with other hardy types. Their kids, from a young age, bust their tails with hard work their entire lives. This stock is routinely delivered to NDSU who further grow and develop their frames. They then supplement that stock with skill players from all over the region, and in particular, MN and WI. By the time you put it all together, combined with the resources of a state, land grant institution, well, let's just say things don't turn out well for opposing teams, even in the P5.

With all that said, welcome to the pit of misery! Dilly, Dilly!"

gumby013
12-14-2017, 07:29 PM
https://twitter.com/KAGS_Colin/status/941403905862373377

You can see the FargoDome in the distance as @BearkatsFB lands in North Dakota for the #FCSPlayoffs. The wind chill is a balmy 12 degrees! �� #KAGS

Mr Meaty
12-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Well they actually came. I guess we have a football game then tomorrow night.

Mr Meaty
12-14-2017, 08:08 PM
The Law of the Prairie
Now this is the law of the prairie
As old and as true as the sky

And the Bison that keep it will prosper

And the Bison that break it will die

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk

This law is the final word:

For the strength of the Herd is the Bison

And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Bison03
12-14-2017, 08:37 PM
https://twitter.com/KAGS_Colin/status/941403905862373377
Did he say “Fargo Barn”?! Ha!!

MAKBison
12-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Just a Wake-up

Babysitter......Check
Ticket secured...Check
Beer on ice.....Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIhylLW4Fcs

gumby013
12-14-2017, 11:22 PM
They’ve already lost. They just don’t know it yet.

https://twitter.com/kags_colin/status/941454693980672000

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2017, 11:42 PM
They’ve already lost. They just don’t know it yet.

https://twitter.com/kags_colin/status/941454693980672000

Too right. Tomorrow is going to be a long, l o n g, L O N G day.

BisonLaw
12-15-2017, 12:50 AM
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, I couldn't find it anywhere. Did Keeler say something of the likes that his seniors were a confident bunch and wanted to be out on field for the intro? I always like when the other team is out there, gonna be a raucous environment.

EC8CH
12-15-2017, 03:26 AM
I f#&cking LOVE the semifinals!

Gary Hansen
12-15-2017, 04:53 AM
@#£& is getting real!

Bison_Pyro
12-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, I couldn't find it anywhere. Did Keeler say something of the likes that his seniors were a confident bunch and wanted to be out on field for the intro? I always like when the other team is out there, gonna be a raucous environment.

I haven't heard anything, but I would love if they did. That'll get them weak in the knees

BattleBorn
12-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone. Looking for a heated place to assemble my small group to join for tailgating (3-4 of us). I have mint juleps to share, but I am clearly off my tailgate game as I do not have anything else figured out. Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Faron79
12-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Now if we could just override that generic sh** music the NCAA has to play b4 the games, and play that AC/DC tune that someone linked s bit ago, the pregame would be REALLY fun!!!

HELL YEAH...... "Are you ready for a good time"!!!!!

Faron

Mr Meaty
12-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Congrats to I believe 15 of our football student athletes, all other student athletes and students who will walk across the stage today for graduation. School is still is session today for SHSU. Stick and company will teach them another lesson today. You mess with the Bison you get the horns. Go Bison.

Mr. Burgundy
12-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Nothing beats Friday night Semi. Cannot wait to run it up their ass. GO BISON!!!!!

Get loose, get loud, hug your kids.

TateMosersneighbor
12-15-2017, 03:19 PM
We have to control Stewart and Hall. If we do, we'll run for what we want to run for. They will not like Bruce Anderson after this game.

NachZ
12-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Does anybody have an update on the health status of their top WR?

bri-dog
12-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Does anybody have an update on the health status of their top WR?

You're probably talking about Yedediah Lewis. Looks he's not their top receiver, but one of the top. A poster on AGS says he's good to go. 100%? Not sure.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2017, 03:52 PM
You're probably talking about Yedediah Lewis. Looks he's not their top receiver, but one of the top. A poster on AGS says he's good to go. 100%? Not sure.

Davion Davis went out with an ankle injury last week.

BisonNeil
12-15-2017, 03:53 PM
School is still is session today for SHSU.

This isn't true. Both KC Keeler, and Briscoe, in their press conferences mentioned that it has been really nice to be able to do "NFL" type practices because there are no distractions, they can concentrate on NDSU. They were done last week. My guess is KC has a minor NCAA violation on his hands for his players spending too much time on football :D

bri-dog
12-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Davion Davis went out with an ankle injury last week.

Yeah, I just realized that. I can't find any updates on him.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I just realized that. I can't find any updates on him.

They are being quiet about it.

NachZ
12-15-2017, 04:22 PM
They are being quiet about it.

So very similar to the Wofford HB last weekend....

MAKBison
12-15-2017, 04:34 PM
Gameday....Countdown to Kickoff

Vocal cords stretched....Check
Beer on ice...Check
babysitter locked down...Check
Tickets secured...Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXV0cir4-E&list=RDHQIREHh_OZ0&index=6

moosbah
12-15-2017, 04:46 PM
So very similar to the Wofford HB last weekend....

Quote from the Huntsville Item newspaper.

Davis set to play

Davis, who leads the team in catches (72) and has an FCS-best 17 touchdown receptions, will play against the Bison, according to Keeler, after suffering an ankle injury against Kennesaw State that kept him from returning to the contest.

“He turned an ankle, but it did not swell up. He ran some routes (Tuesday) and should be ready to go for Friday night,” Keeler said.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Quote from the Huntsville Item newspaper.

Davis set to play

Davis, who leads the team in catches (72) and has an FCS-best 17 touchdown receptions, will play against the Bison, according to Keeler, after suffering an ankle injury against Kennesaw State that kept him from returning to the contest.

“He turned an ankle, but it did not swell up. He ran some routes (Tuesday) and should be ready to go for Friday night,” Keeler said.

You don't turn an ankle and play full speed 6 days later.

moosbah
12-15-2017, 05:00 PM

Not at 100% any way. He may have a few good routes, but he won't be cutting as well.

NDSUSR
12-15-2017, 05:11 PM

If Keeler does this he is dumb af. It does nothing positive for his players.

56BISON73
12-15-2017, 06:06 PM

Really?????

56BISON73
12-15-2017, 06:14 PM
If Keeler does this he is dumb af. It does nothing positive for his players.

Oh they can feed off of the environment. Just think........ playing at shsu vs ndsu? Now you're at ndsu.
As a player I would love to be out on the field for the intro.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Still waiting for this guy to make an appearance in the dome for the intro song.... maybe tonight's the night....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

KNOW IT ALL
12-15-2017, 06:20 PM
Oh they can feed off of the environment. Just think........ playing at shsu vs ndsu? Now you're at ndsu.
As a player I would love to be out on the field for the intro.

Playing in front of a hostile road crowd can be a great motivator, crowd noise is often the penalty!

KNOW IT ALL
12-15-2017, 06:21 PM
SCORE ?: 45-13 Good guys win.

TAILG8R
12-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone. Looking for a heated place to assemble my small group to join for tailgating (3-4 of us). I have mint juleps to share, but I am clearly off my tailgate game as I do not have anything else figured out. Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Everyone is always welcome in our tent. Big white commercial tent with a green and yellow “door” on one side. Should be plenty of room especially for the first couple hours. As long as you don’t complain about my taste in music you’ll be good. We’ll be setup up in GA at 2:00.

CyPanth
12-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Still waiting for this guy to make an appearance in the dome for the intro song.... maybe tonight's the night....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

So, who has this guy at their tailgate?