PDA

View Full Version : So Kennesaw State or Sammy H. ?

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 08:37 PM
I have not followed FCS much in the last 4 years unless its to see you in the playoffs or check to see if NDSU has won another NC.

Kennesaw is a fast growing newcomer. I have a bit of bias against them because of what Georgia State fans say against us. STATE -" Now that Kennesaw has started its program in Georgia, both Georgia State & Kennesaw will make Southern a no name in the State in the next few years. I know GSU is down right now but we are not out.

**** It's my wish that Kennesaw gets to play NDSU on your field. Now don't be rude and beat them by 35 points or more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwha, ha, ha

TALON

MNLonghorn10
12-09-2017, 08:41 PM
dont think it matters.

BattleBorn
12-09-2017, 08:41 PM
I’d like to see KSU. It sorta gets old eliminating ol’ Sammy every year. But that’s just me.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2017, 08:43 PM
We could use a new opponent. Fan interest is waning some.

Green1
12-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Turn-over plank makes me laugh.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 08:56 PM
I’d like to see KSU. It sorta gets old eliminating ol’ Sammy every year. But that’s just me.

As Longhorn10 stated "It really doesn't matter" which is true as far as the outcome, (NDSU WINS) but I'd like to see you play Georgia States pick & plaything.
I hate everything State says. You did know that Georgia State will dominate the Sun Belt in the next few years and will be invited to a P5 conference by 2021. (My, My, they have plans you see!)

I wish you'd play Georgia State and give the pu$$ies, I mean Panthers, a cramp or 2. Just saying.

************* Anyway, who ever you get - crush them!!!!!

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Has anyone heard any confirmed game times yet?

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 09:35 PM

I( think the Kennesaw game is on ESPN3 at 9:30 ECT.

Mr Meaty
12-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I want to hear God Bless Texas with Sammy in the house

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I should have made my question more clear. I was asking about next weeks Semi-Final. I have a family Christmas in Bismarck (200 miles away). Told family football game comes first. :hide:

HerdBoy
12-09-2017, 09:42 PM

Yeah got to go with Kennesaw.

gumby013
12-09-2017, 09:44 PM

This gets my vote as well. Kolpack trying to get an interview with the plank.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 09:54 PM
I should have made my question more clear. I was asking about next weeks Semi-Final. I have a family Christmas in Bismarck (200 miles away). Told family football game comes first. :hide:

Now that's HAED CORE! Just say the Bison extended family needs you this Christmas.... ;-)

Haven't heard about next weeks times.

VirginiaBison
12-09-2017, 09:55 PM
No game semi game times announced until after the KS-SHS game later tonight

Putz
12-09-2017, 09:59 PM

Game times are 7:00 Friday and 3:30 Saturday, but I'm guessing we won't know which day we play until after the final game tonight.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 10:00 PM
No game semi game times announced until after the KS-SHS game later tonight

Virginy Bison - So far from the Great White North. How do you bear not being in 4 feet of snow at-40 below at Christmas?

thebigund
12-09-2017, 10:06 PM
dont think it matters.

It does not. I would guys Sammy could have a chance of putting up enough points but their defense is pretty bad.

VirginiaBison
12-09-2017, 10:07 PM
GSUsTALON: Virginy Bison - So far from the Great White North. How do you bear not being in 4 feet of snow at-40 below at Christmas?

It's tough. But someone has to do it.

Lots of great memories of the huge snows and winds from the 40s, 50s, & 60s.... but then Bison football in the 40s & 50s are not too great, .... Dakota Field in the 60s with Mudra and Earhart...and winning DII Bison football... priceless !!!

Glad to still be around to see DI FCS! Been to Frisco and expect to go again this year!

Thanks for asking and Merry Christmas!

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 10:12 PM
It's tough. But someone has to do it.

Lots of great memories of the huge snows and winds from the 40s, 50s, & 60s.... but then Bison football in the 40s & 50s are not too great, .... Dakota Field in the 60s with Mudra and Earhart...and winning DII Bison football... priceless !!!

Glad to still be around to see DI FCS! Been to Frisco and expect to go again this year!

Well ARMYs Head Coach Monken, GSUs coach 4 years ago, turned around the Army program and won the C & C trophy 2 years in a row against NAVY.

VirginiaBison
12-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Army, Retired. Go ARMY. SINK NAVY. Get goat meat, not bison burgers.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Army, Retired. Go ARMY. SINK NAVY. Get goat meat, not bison burgers.

I'm a NAVY fan because Paul Johnson turned the NAVY program around, left Ken in charge. Monken was an understudy of Johnson, came to GSU then went to Army.

There GSU goes again and let Monken leave - $h!t!

Enjoy that BBQed goat friend. Still would like some smoked buff, but I don't see that anytime soon.

I'll be in your red neck of the woods this summer. Going to stay with a friend, see DC again and the Civil War sites in a few states.

Christopher Moen
12-09-2017, 10:23 PM
As Longhorn10 stated "It really doesn't matter" which is true as far as the outcome, (NDSU WINS) but I'd like to see you play Georgia States pick & plaything.
I hate everything State says. You did know that Georgia State will dominate the Sun Belt in the next few years and will be invited to a P5 conference by 2021. (My, My, they have plans you see!)

I wish you'd play Georgia State and give the pu$$ies, I mean Panthers, a cramp or 2. Just saying.

************* Anyway, who ever you get - crush them!!!!!

Georgia State - aren’t they the infamous team known for losing a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 10:40 PM

Why yes they are Chris from his iPhone.

When Monken was at GSU, I told G-State that we would win 5 - 1 in our first 6 years of playing each other. (NOPE)

Now I hope NDSU plays Kennesaw as a GSU vs State segregate game.

I love the way State kisses up to Kennesaw's program and will be in the top 4 in Georgia. UGA, GT, G-State & Kennesaw. According to State, GSU is washed up & will never rebound.

OK NDSU - beat Kennesaw's @ss, if they win!! It would make my Christmas.

**I know that makes me a punk but State believes Kennesaw has a chance. Bwha, ha, ha

bisonp
12-09-2017, 11:14 PM

They also got a new stadium. They now play in the old Turner Field after the Braves moved out last season. It's...odd. But the amenities are very nice for a school at their level, and they got an awful lot of stadium for not a lot of money.

https://i.imgur.com/QUZxgEC.jpg

MNLonghorn10
12-09-2017, 11:19 PM
They also got a new stadium. They now play in the old Turner Field after the Braves moved out last season. It's...odd. But the amenities are very nice for a school at their level, and they got an awful lot of stadium for not a lot of money.

how are they going to drop 100 dollar bills from the roof?

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:38 PM

And that's nice place. To bad they couldn't fill the Georgia Dome when they had it. When we first played them in "The Dome" Southern put more fans in there seats then they did. I think we took 10,500 to Atlanta. We still put more fans in Paulson then they did last year in the "DOME" last year. I wonder what 17,000 in that big boy will look on the ESPN OCHO?

Still they pulled off a nice coup and have room to grow. I expect them to add another 5,000 to their fan base in the next 10 years or am I just being sarcastically optimistic.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:41 PM
how are they going to drop 100 dollar bills from the roof?

They will shoot the bills from a cannon or have the homeless around the stadium throw what ever they don't pocket from the nose bleed section.

Do you see the first section on the left hand side. I hope they can put enough fans in that section that "The Ocho" can pan in on it.

NDSU would bring more fans then they would in that creature!

EC8CH
12-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Send em both. Bison will kick all their asses.

MNLonghorn10
12-09-2017, 11:43 PM
They will shoot the bills from a cannon or have the homeless around the stadium throw what ever they don't pocket from the nose bleed section.

http://replygif.net/i/1385.gif

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Send em both. Bison will kick all their asses.

Yes, yes you would!

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:51 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1385.gif

And NDSU fans, don't forget to bring your power horns to the game!
They like it horny!

LongLostAlum
12-10-2017, 12:07 AM

Exactly my thoughts as well. Would much rather see KSU than Sam Houston.

BisonTeacher
12-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Is kinnesaws name have anything to do with the first baseball commissioner?

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2017, 01:17 AM
Is kinnesaws name have anything to do with the first baseball commissioner?

Named for the town it's in. Cherokee derived.

GSUsTALON
12-10-2017, 01:26 AM
I'm going to try and keep up with the Kennesaw game & keep you posted if any of you care?

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2017, 01:29 AM
I'm going to try and keep up with the Kennesaw game & keep you posted if any of you care?

I'm pretty sure we're all watching it.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Not a slight, we're just all that interested.

GSUsTALON
12-10-2017, 01:41 AM
Not a slight, we're just all that interested.

Understood

HerdBot
12-10-2017, 01:44 AM
When I look at their helmet, I keep thinking they are Saskatchewan

Christopher Moen
12-10-2017, 03:19 AM

So that stadium is now it’s third stage of usage. Before the Braves played there, it was the 1996 Olympic Stadium.