PDA

View Full Version : How bad are the Jacks going to beat the Bison?

CACTUS
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
My guess is that it will be close, but the better team wins. Rabbits 16 Bison 13

bisonmike
10-24-2005, 09:37 PM
at home, revenge game. I think I will still go with the bison. But I would not put alot of money on it.

SirHinn
10-24-2005, 10:14 PM
My guess is that it will be close, but the better team wins. *Rabbits 16 Bison 13

Your so just asking for it going on NDSU's board with a post like this. I hope NDSU destroy's them now just so it'll make you think twice about making a post like this ever again.

NDSU decides to open up the playbook, NDSU 35 SDSU 13

lucchesicourt
10-24-2005, 10:30 PM
I believe NDSU will win by 10. They are the better team IMO.

MinotBison
10-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Bison will "get 'er done" against the Rabbits.

sambini
10-25-2005, 01:39 AM
BISON33 THOSE PESTY RABBITS 21

Da_Bizon
10-25-2005, 01:42 AM
The NDSU: 31, D2 SDSU:17. (Given the officials aren't being paid by the Rabbits again).

sambini
10-25-2005, 01:45 AM
++

Esquire
10-25-2005, 01:54 AM
I love the Bison, but the way we are playing, we will be lucky to go 2-2 in the last four games. Our offense is playing horribly. We need to start throwing the quick routes (slants) to compensate for a horrible o-line and a slow QB. Our o-line is just big slow, unathletic, overweight guys. All they can do is lean on people. The tackles are marginal at best. They can't handle speed. Our cornerbacks are average at best as well. Why do we play Cover 2 defense in the secondary and give up the 10 yard out consistently?????? The strong saftey and free safety are over the top playing the deep half, so the cornerbacks should be playing tighter on the receiver and quit worrying about getting torched deep.
Granted I am not the coach and not there everyday, but these are simple concepts.

roadwarrior
10-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Before we worry about the rabbits, maybe we should focus on the thunderbirds and the bears ???

TheBisonator
10-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Bison would win, but by a sensible margin.

Rabbits 20
Bison 31

BisonMav
10-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Before we worry about the rabbits, maybe we should focus on the thunderbirds and the bears ???

The wisdom of Don Morton lives,

"One game at a Time"

sambini
10-25-2005, 03:20 AM
BISON 33 TBIRDS 14

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I don't know anything about SDSU this year, but how do they have a good team?

I mean, it's SDSU....

???

See Yuz.

RonRabbit
10-25-2005, 03:38 AM
I mean, it's SDSU.... ???
See Yuz.

Maybe that's the point: It's SDSU. By all measures last year, I would have picked NDSU over SDSU. But in the one measure that counted -- the field of play -- SDSU came out of top.

Go ahead and underestimate the Jackrabbits. If nothing else, their punter will pin your backsides to the 2 yard line and we'll see if the Bison stand up to the challenge or fold.

petey23
10-25-2005, 06:30 AM
I think the Bison will win their 3 remaining conference games, getting a little revenge on SDSU and UNC and beating Southern Utah. The Great West is a tough conference, but the Bison don't want to finish in the Cellar 2 years in a row.

TheBisonator
10-25-2005, 06:48 AM
I think the Bison will win their 3 remaining conference games, getting a little revenge on SDSU and UNC and beating Southern Utah. *The Great West is a tough conference, but the Bison don't want to finish in the Cellar 2 years in a row.

We weren't in the cellar last year. We were in a three-way tie for 2nd place.

petey23
10-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Oops, my bad.

2004 standings
Cal-Poly 4-1
UC Davis 3-2

SDSU 2-3(beat NDSU and UNC, lost to S. Utah)
UNC 2-3(Beat NDSU and S. Utah, lost to SDSU)
NDSU 2-3(Lost to UNC and SDSU, beat S. Utah)
S. Utah 2-3(lost to NDSU and UNC, beat SDSU)

I apologize, looks like the Bison finished 5th, not last.

clipperguy
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Has everyone missed the last month of the season? If SDSU isn't picked to win this game I would be shocked the bison D isn't dominating like usual which would be alright if the offense showed some ability to benefit from an opening up of the playbook. They are having enough trouble running these plays how about dumbing it down a bit and get back to basics. SDSU wins.

newNDSUemployee
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
NDSU will be way up for this game after playing the two weakest conference teams back to back.

SDSU is a one-dimensional team with a very weak passing game and they have not scored more than 16 points against any legitimate opponents. The Bison held Nicholls State (a much better all run/no pass offense) to 13 points and 297 yards. The Rabbits will be lucky to get that much.

SDSU has a good defense, but it will wear down as the Bison defense forces the SDSU offense into one 3-and-out after another.

NDSU 17 SDSU 7

swany_spectrum
10-25-2005, 06:06 PM
What kind of homer would post something like that? He's as big of a duschbag than the guy who flipped out on the board Saturday.

And I agree, one game at a time. There is no easier way to piss a game down your leg than to overlook a team.

Gamehunter
10-26-2005, 12:22 AM
overlook a team like SUU. I can't imagine to many things more embarrasing than losing to SUU. UNC found that out last Saturday. Lets get past the first celler dweller before worrying about the next 2. ;) Just kidding UNC/SDSU fans ;D With the exception of first and last place in the GWFC I think a case could be made for just about every team.

Shakermaker
10-26-2005, 03:52 AM
The NDSU: 31, D2 SDSU:17. (Given the officials aren't being paid by the Rabbits again).

Nope, it's going to be a closer game than that, but not by much. NDSU 28, SDSU 17... I have a clause though:

Bison play like they did last week, with a week crowd like last week (only from what I have read) and the Rabbits can take this one. Your crowd needs to get into it.

Gamehunter
10-26-2005, 06:21 AM
NDSU vs. UCD =16.1k

The crowd for the SDSU game will be by no means weak. After seeing what the NDSU/SDSU bball game pulled in last year we are talking sellout here or very close and I believe the fans will be into it more than other games.

RonRabbit
10-27-2005, 03:15 AM
SDSU 3, NDSU 0

(We have a better kicker)

Attendance: Dome record

Gamehunter
10-27-2005, 05:36 AM
SDSU 3, NDSU 0

Attendance: Dome record

Not if you play like you did last week against DII what's-their-name.

NDSUfb
10-27-2005, 07:48 AM
NDSU goes all out and pours in on SDSU and gets the "rock" 34-10

POG: Kyle Steffes... 22 car. 182 yards and 3 tds

JACKGUYII
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM

If NDSU plays like it has the last couple of weeks the Jacks will roll out of Fargo with a win.

mikelsch
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Agreed

89rabbit
10-27-2005, 08:48 PM

You mean the 64-28 Hobo Day beat down of D-II Missouri-Rolla? ??? ??? ???

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

JACKGUYII
10-27-2005, 09:25 PM

Jacks had 689 total yards and 3 backs over 100 yards so I hardly think it was an off day against a DII opponent we should beat badly and we did.

kchats
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I think he was referring to the score wouldn't be 3-0 in that post.

Tatanka
10-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Jacks had 689 total yards and 3 backs over 100 yards so I hardly think it was an off day against a DII opponent we should beat badly and we did.
Not to tinkle on your parade but that was no ordinary DII school. That was Rolla. Rolla is, has been, and most likely forever will be at the bottom of the barrel in ther conference. Heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't look (again) at DIII. So I would rephrase that statement into "how did we let them score?". That said, you did (eventually) put on a pile of whoop ass on them and hopefully you paid them well for the scrimmage.

Bison by 20.

OK_Jackrabbit
10-30-2005, 02:09 AM
SDSU is a one-dimensional team with a very weak passing game and they have not scored more than 16 points against any legitimate opponents. *
You're right. Our passing game stunk... until today against Georgia Southern. What changed? The quarterback did. Andy Kardoes (gutty, good athlete, terrible passer) is out with an ankle injury. Redshirt freshman Ryan Berry (gutty, good athlete, good passer) is in. He threw for five TDs today against GSU. They pretty much ran all over us, but Berry was a pleasant surprise, and we managed 42 points against them. So maybe SDSU won't be so one-dimensional. We have good receivers, good offensive line, good backs. The defense is decent against everyone except crazy-athletic teams like GSU and Texas State.

Bottom line: We have a lot of respect for NDSU (a lot more than SDSU is being shown in this thread) so I'm not going to predict anything but a very close and hard-fought game. Both teams have something to play for, with Cal Poly losing today. It's going to be fun.

sambini
10-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Very true I hope both teams have good weeks of practice and get ready to play for the marker.

Gamehunter
10-30-2005, 08:57 PM

I was mostly refering to the fact that a high-school caliber team was taking you stride for stride in the first half when you should have been up at least 30+ on them at that point.

OK_Jackrabbit
10-31-2005, 03:44 AM
I was mostly refering to the fact that a high-school caliber team was taking you stride for stride in the first half when you should have been up at least 30+ on them at that point.
Yup. It was hard to watch until the team woke up. But they did wake up. And that Rolla QB is pretty talented. You have to give him some credit for taking advantage of the Jacks' lethargy in the first half. The kid can pass.

JACKGUYII
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM

You should be more concerned about the 42 points we put up on Georgian Southern with a freshman quarterback and remergence of Anthony Watson.

kchats
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Right now I'm more concerned with Northern Colorado. They beat us last season too. We need to play better than we did last weekend against SUU if we are going to beat the Bears. I'll worry about the Jacks in a couple of weeks. As Sambini says one game at a time.

89rabbit
10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
I am not saying that Missouri-Rolla is a world beater but they are 6-3 and put a smack down on I-AA (non-scholarship) Austin Peay.

Final Score UMR 45 - Austin Peay 3

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

ndsupport
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
SDSU 3, NDSU 0

Attendance: *Dome record

Did you ever stop to think maybe you have a better snapper or holder and it isn't the kicker? No one ever stops to think that the snap and HOLD have to be good for the kicker to get off a good kick. :o

OK_Jackrabbit
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Did you ever stop to think maybe you have a better snapper or holder and it isn't the kicker? *No one ever stops to think that the snap and HOLD have to be good for the kicker to get off a good kick. :o
Good points. We have a good long snapper and a reliable holder, too.

But our kicker is pretty darned special. Parker Douglass hit a 54-yarder against UC Davis. And he missed a 64-yard attempt that was straight and would have been good from 62. (Yes, the wind was at his back, but remarkable kicks nonetheless.)

JBB
10-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Its way early, but I will give you this much, the Jacks are as good and as dangerous as they have ever been. Beating UCD was an eye opener. We have our hands full right now so this talk is a distraction, but the game is eagerly awaited.