PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm "sort" of glad you didn't win your 6th NC last year.

I mean it took GSU 3 back to back seasons to win 6.

So you had to skip a year for your 6th.

The last time I congratulated you I mentioned moving to FBS. ( I was beat down by some that had good points. Being in the lower level FBS conferences is OK. Still FCS has a true playoff system that provides a true National Champion & I miss that.

I think we all know that NDSU would be at the TOP of the Mountain West and place itself in contention for a bowl every year. You ALLWAYS have a great coaching staff and players.

GSU goes on a 5 year plan. We win with the Spread Triple Option & then the AD decides to move to some other offensive scheme where NDSU stays with what works for them. Then GSU goes back to the Spread Triple Option or some form of option attack & we win again but it takes several years to rebuild. (CRAZY) I hope our new Head Coach revives the program again after 2 sad years.

Being a GSU fan I don't know how I feel about NDSU getting its 6th NC in 7 years.
*** Still "if you can do it you deserve it" and I sure can't wish you ill for being the best in FCS.
Here's to #6!!!!!!!

TALON

Kevin
12-09-2017, 07:51 PM
I've kept track of GSU since the move. Great program, great fans and great tradition. We had a nice little rivalry starting at the end there. Hopefully we can renew it sooner rather than later.

NovaBison
12-09-2017, 08:03 PM
I have always had a ton of respect for GSU... this season was hard for me to watch GSU fall apart. With the coaching change, I really hope you guys climb back to the top of the Sun Belt and the G-5. Good Luck!

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 08:03 PM
I've kept track of GSU since the move. Great program, great fans and great tradition. We had a nice little rivalry starting at the end there. Hopefully we can renew it sooner rather than later.

The ONLY game that was close was our last one. NDSU had a great game plan for us in the earlier games.
In our last meeting you took the pitch man & full back as in earlier games, but our QB was much quicker and faster. He carried that game. Still the outcome was NDSU!

AS far as following GSU we had 2 good years 9-3, 9-4 and a bowl then our AD released our HC and we have had 2 miserable years. We have never lost as many games this year.
Not even going back to WW2 when the program was disbanded .

This change a coach to a new scheme every 5 years is getting old and makes me sick.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I have always had a ton of respect for GSU... this season was hard for me to watch GSU fall apart. With the coaching change, I really hope you guys climb back to the top of the Sun Belt and the G-5. Good Luck!

Its you guys that deserve all the respect in the world.
I've looked at your record all the way back - way back. Your Coaching staff is constantly GREAT and you stick with what works

GSU has had its ups and downs with the Head Coach & scheme of the month club!

HazenBizon
12-09-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm "sort" of glad you didn't win your 6th NC last year.

I mean it took GSU 3 back to back seasons to win 6.

So you had to skip a year for your 6th.

The last time I congratulated you I mentioned moving to FBS. ( I was beat down by some that had good points. Being in the lower level FBS conferences is OK. Still FCS has a true playoff system that provides a true National Champion & I miss that.

I think we all know that NDSU would be at the TOP of the Mountain West and place itself in contention for a bowl every year. You ALLWAYS have a great coaching staff and players.

GSU goes on a 5 year plan. We win with the Spread Triple Option & then the AD decides to move to some other offensive scheme where NDSU stays with what works for them. Then GSU goes back to the Spread Triple Option or some form of option attack & we win again but it takes several years to rebuild. (CRAZY) I hope our new Head Coach revives the program again after 2 sad years.

Being a GSU fan I don't know how I feel about NDSU getting its 6th NC in 7 years.
*** Still "if you can do it you deserve it" and I sure can't wish you ill for being the best in FCS.
Here's to #6!!!!!!!

TALON

How do you feel about the new hire? I was really surprised you guys didn't make a run at Ivin Jasper, I thought he would've been an amazing fit.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Jasper was off the table because his child is very ill, heart transplant, and the NAVY community is more than supportive.

I don't know about our new HC except he can be hard core.

Watch at the 4:40 sec. mark for 20 sec.

*(BOTTOM LEFT)

http://www.gseagles.com/index.aspx?path=football

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, wish you the best no matter who you get!

thebigund
12-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Georgia Southern and App should've stayed FCS. Coastal and Liberty as well. We're missing out on what could have been some amazing playoff matchups like the last game between NDSU and GSU.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Georgia Southern and App should've stayed FCS. Coastal and Liberty as well. We're missing out on what could have been some amazing playoff matchups like the last game between NDSU and GSU.

Bigund - Maybe the first 2 years of Fritz as head coach but the last 2 years GSU would have been laughable at best & would not have made the playoffs.

Still I miss the playoffs.

BisonTeacher
12-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Bigund - Maybe the first 2 years of Fritz as head coach but the last 2 years GSU would have been laughable at best & would not have made the playoffs.

Still I miss the playoffs.

Imo...if gsu stays...they are still strong. The move hurt that program.

Christopher Moen
12-09-2017, 10:26 PM

I miss hearing “GATA” during the FCS playoffs. The 2012 SF game ranks up there with games against Kansas State and Iowa. The intensity was awesome from a fan standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:09 PM

Teacher - maybe but I don't think so.

The Sun Belt is a G5 conference. In our first year GSU went 9-3 and was leading both GT & NC State until the last 3 min of the game . We could have won the BELT title but were not eligible in our first year.

In our 2nd year GSU went 9-4 and went to a bowl. *"Then another coaching change."

When GSU was first offered a spot in the Sun Belt everyone was on board. GSU built a 58,000 sq. foot football complex and expanded the stadium to 25,000 & we fill it.

Its not the move to FBS that hurts its our ADs choice of a Head Coach.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.3HwvEtlD80mxdjzgOMdVlgFNC7&w=258&h=160&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.1&pid=1.7

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Expanded_Paulson_Stadium.jpg

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:10 PM
I miss hearing “GATA” during the FCS playoffs. The 2012 SF game ranks up there with games against Kansas State and Iowa. The intensity was awesome from a fan standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Chris from his iPhone - GATA

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-09-2017, 11:32 PM
GSU was the cat's ass of FCS and we had a great thing going with them. Wish they would have stayed in the FCS. FCS has become very watered down as of late, IMO. Really, only a handful of teams are worth a shit.

GSUsTALON
12-09-2017, 11:54 PM
GSU was the cat's ass of FCS and we had a great thing going with them. Wish they would have stayed in the FCS. FCS has become very watered down as of late, IMO. Really, only a handful of teams are worth a shit.

But NDSU is the $h!t, in a good way! Is the cats ass a good thing?

MAKBison
12-09-2017, 11:58 PM
triple options teams should suck @ the higher levels of football.....there is a reason for that.

Not trying to hate on gsu here. but schematically the xxxoption like the veer is never going to win against more athletic and technically sound teams.

today we seen about how far the scheme should take a team in the fcs.....its good enough to get to the semis and that's about it.

GSUsTALON
12-10-2017, 01:06 AM
triple options teams should suck @ the higher levels of football.....there is a reason for that.

Not trying to hate on gsu here. but schematically the xxxoption like the veer is never going to win against more athletic and technically sound teams.

today we seen about how far the scheme should take a team in the fcs.....its good enough to get to the semis and that's about it.

Very respectively "NOT TRUE"

Under Erk, GSU was leading FSU 4 minutes into the 4th, but lost as a 1aa team.
GSU was leading Aubren 17 - 0 at the half but lost
In Monken's last year at Southern GSU beat a sorry Florida. Still they were a P5 school.
4 years ago under Fritz GSU took GT & NC State to the last 3 minutes of the game.
3 years ago we took Georgia into double overtime but lost.
And the list goes on.

For the last 2 years GSU has had several coaches and we have sucked!

Look at the few teams that run the triple. They do well!

*************I'd be happy to debate you on how todays, quick, fast defenses can stop the triple. *******************

Trick is you have to have the right HC, staff and players as does any offensive scheme!

*NDSU is a prime example of this - consistency! GSU never has consistency at HC and scheme. We run the triple for 5 years then switch HCs & staff and expect to win.

And yes, I know NDSU has punched out more FBS schools than Southern

**Take 5 min. if you want to. PJ in the 1999 NC with over 500 yards rushing against Youngstown. I know I shouldn't place this on your board but I have very little to do except watch NDSU win another NC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhszINT8v4

ZHerd
12-10-2017, 01:45 AM
But NDSU is the $h!t, in a good way! Is the cats ass a good thing?

Can't be. Cats are vermin and their butts aren't any better

GSUsTALON
12-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Can't be. Cats are vermin and their butts aren't any better

Oh well a cats ass it is.

TransAmBison
12-10-2017, 03:48 AM
Oh well a cats ass it is.Awesome to have you back on here...would so love to have another game against you guys when you are back at the top.

MAKBison
12-10-2017, 03:53 AM
Very respectively "NOT TRUE"

Under Erk, GSU was leading FSU 4 minutes into the 4th, but lost as a 1aa team.
GSU was leading Aubren 17 - 0 at the half but lost
In Monken's last year at Southern GSU beat a sorry Florida. Still they were a P5 school.
4 years ago under Fritz GSU took GT & NC State to the last 3 minutes of the game.
3 years ago we took Georgia into double overtime but lost.
And the list goes on.

For the last 2 years, GSU has had several coaches and we have sucked!

Look at the few teams that run the triple. They do well!

*************I'd be happy to debate you on how todays, quick, fast defenses can stop the triple. *******************

Trick is you have to have the right HC, staff and players as does any offensive scheme!

*NDSU is a prime example of this - consistency! GSU never has consistency at HC and scheme. We run the triple for 5 years then switch HCs & staff and expect to win.

And yes, I know NDSU has punched out more FBS schools than Southern

**Take 5 min. if you want to. PJ in the 1999 NC with over 500 yards rushing against Youngstown. I know I shouldn't place this on your board but I have very little to do except watch NDSU win another NC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhszINT8v4

Respectfully very true. The higher level you go the less you see it ....there is a reason for that. Good teams with equal quality athletes will beat it 9 out of 10 times. There is just too much speed and discipline at the higher echelons of Football for it to consistently work. The better the football/players (less Talent disparities between teams) the more it becomes a gimmick to cover up inferior size and quality. This is why I said it a 3O scheme in today’s FCS is only good enough to get you to the 1/4finals. The Talent disparities should be gone by the time you get to the top few teams. Of course that’s 100% true at the FCS yet (Talent disparities lessening....but more teams are have potential). Hopefully the FCS having more quality teams is getting closer to a reality. I think it is not, but that is a different thread. However, my point is if it it does you will see less 3O teams deep in the FCS PO.

It was great, but like the VEER the game passed it up. BTW yes it works every now and then and Yes you see it thrown in other schemes, but you will never so a system built around it at the higher levels....at least not NC or NFL levels

I hope that FCS keeps getting better and it dies at this level as well.

BTW I have all the respect in the world for what GSU did at FCS...not trying to piss on anything.