PDA

View Full Version : The Value of a Quarterback

CaBisonFan
12-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Easton Stick is as valuable to his team as any quarterback in the FCS. I agree that he may not play in the NFL...and yes...I get frustrated with him sometimes. But he's a winner.

Bentrim, Simdorn, Walker, Jensen, and Wentz (among others in Bison history) were all winners. Bentrim is my favorite. He was a machine.

After watching Wisconsin lose to Ohio State I thought...we've been very lucky to have had such great quarterbacks.

The names that I've listed here could all have played for several fbs programs...including Easton.

LongLostAlum
12-04-2017, 09:00 PM
To me, Bentrim was the most impressive Bison QB I ever saw play. He had complete control on the field, and ran that offense to perfection. As you say, he was like a machine.

What I like about Easton, is that he works within the system, and doesn't try to put everything on his own shoulders; although with his running ability, he certainly has won a number of big games for us.

Brock's 3 rings speak for themselves. Walker had a certain Joe Montana type of quality to him, really cool under pressure, and very fluid as a QB. That long game winning pass to Heckendorf was amazing. Never got a chance to see Simdorn play.

CaBisonFan
12-04-2017, 09:08 PM
To me, Bentrim was the most impressive Bison QB I ever saw play. He had complete control on the field, and ran that offense to perfection. As you say, he was like a machine.

What I like about Easton, is that he works within the system, and doesn't try to put everything on his own shoulders; although with his running ability, he certainly has won a number of big games for us.

Brock's 3 rings speak for themselves. Walker had a certain Joe Montana type of quality to him, really cool under pressure, and very fluid as a QB. That long game winning pass to Heckendorf was amazing. Never got a chance to see Simdorn play.I like your comments. Simdorn was simply a great athlete...and ran the veer well. He likely could have played other positions at the fbs level.

BattleBorn
12-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Any arseholes saying Stick isn’t very good need to turn this game on right now. Damn lucky we have him.

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2017, 12:01 AM
Any arseholes saying Stick isn’t very good need to turn this game on right now. Damn lucky we have him.Either of these teams with ES would be up by two scores.

SlickVic
12-09-2017, 05:17 PM
well said gordy, this buds 4 u +++++++++++ anybody who can come up from the mean streets of omaha like stick and rj have, i respect------dilly dilly!

CyPanth
12-09-2017, 05:19 PM
So, who is your next great QB? Is the heir apparent known?

HerdBot
12-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Easton Stick, when you consider his combination of running, passing, and having control of our offense is one of the most dynamic QBs we've ever had. The dude is 6-2, 220 lbs, and faster than hell. He would be an elite running back. Reminds me of Brock Jensen with similar passing skills but way faster. Like Brock he is a great character guy too. And we get him back for another year. He's way more than just a winner. He's a stud.

Mr Meaty
12-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Great game Easton and team. Love Bison football.

MinotBison
12-09-2017, 11:04 PM
So, who is your next great QB? Is the heir apparent known?

Probably Holden Hotchkiss.

EC8CH
12-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Probably Holden Hotchkiss.

Or Trey Lance with Noah Sanders as the dark horse.

EC8CH
12-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Easton's stache is filling in nicely. The rest of the playoff teams are screwed.