11-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Worst in the MVFC next year?

wisco4
11-28-2017, 04:31 PM

Please elaborate.

wagsabison
11-28-2017, 04:33 PM
RJ is the only one who's graduating that is a regular contributor (probably our best receiver).

bisonmike2
11-28-2017, 04:37 PM

Just more reason to run power.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Please elaborate.

He's an asshole who likes to shit on college kids who don't rise to his personal level of excellence 100% of the time.

wisco4
11-28-2017, 04:45 PM
He's an asshole who likes to shit on college kids who don't rise to his personal level of excellence 100% of the time.

Thank you for clarifying.

JMB
11-28-2017, 04:55 PM

Bring back the veer?

wisco4
11-28-2017, 05:04 PM

RJ, Wentz and Ilies move on but Shep, Cane, Williams and Freeman are back plus Jenson and Ellefeson add in Brooks out of backfield. Where do you think our receiving corps has ranked in the last couple seasons? Is next year's group any worse than the previous two?

tolnabison
11-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Lots of big name WRs graduating from the MVFC this year. Hard to say.

Gone:
Wieneke SDSU
Goedert SDSU
Acklin WIU
Fountain UNI
Earl Mis St
McClendon ISU-B
Gibbs ISU-R
Van Roekel USD
RJ NDSU
Patterson YSU
Bailey YSU

That’s 6 teams (NDSU, SDSU (Goedert), UNI, ISU-B, YSU (Patterson), Mis. St) losing their number 1 receiver. And 4 teams losing their number 2 target (SDSU (Wieneke), USD, YSU (Bailey) and ISU-B).

So I think a lot of teams have a lot to replace.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 05:08 PM
With the exception of having a NFL quarterback for 2 years, we are not a passing team.

who GAF where our receivers rank? It will, however, never be bottom of the MVFC

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2017, 05:14 PM
With all due respect, it is a legit concern for next year. I think all of us always hope someone steps up and they usually do (see RJ as a freshman.....). But let's not rip someone for asking a legit question.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 05:18 PM
With all due respect, it is a legit concern for next year. I think all of us always hope someone steps up and they usually do (see RJ as a freshman.....). But let's not rip someone for asking a legit question.

A legit question? "Is the 2018 NDSU receiving crew going to be the worst in the MVFC" is a legit question?

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2017, 05:24 PM
A legit question? "Is the 2018 NDSU receiving crew going to be the worst in the MVFC" is a legit question?

Yes. Phrasing could certainly be better (doubt they'd be the worst), but is there concern for next year? You bet there is.

bri-dog
11-28-2017, 05:25 PM
I think Hendricks will be a stud WR next year. Okay, maybe purple...

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 05:26 PM
Yes. Phrasing could certainly be better (doubt they'd be the worst), but is there concern for next year? You bet there is.

It was an intentionally hyperbolic and trolling post.

The only difference in the receiving corps between yesterday and today is Sean Engel.

Christopher Moen
11-28-2017, 05:31 PM
No, our WR corp will be fine. We have three redshirt FR I'm excited about for the next four years:

1) Christian Watson
2) Peter Isais (he'll remind you of RJ very quickly)
3) Carson Yaggie

Also, don't forget about these young TEs:

1) Noah Gindorff
2) Josh Babicz

ZHerd
11-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Engel was slow and was never going to be anything special so the only losses are RJ and Illies. The Florida kid redshirting looks fast and could make noise next year. I also expect Gindorff and Babicz to make immediate impacts. I'm guessing we are in for the best TE group that NDSU has ever had

Kujava23
11-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Engel was slow and was never going to be anything special so the only losses are RJ and Illies. The Florida kid redshirting looks fast and could make noise next year. I also expect Gindorff and Babicz to make immediate impacts. I'm guessing we are in for the best TE group that NDSU has ever had

DITTO--our TE crew is special for next year!

WR's are solid too--another year of seasoning and they will make plenty of plays

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 05:40 PM
If our wide receivers need to be good, we're screwed.

ZHerd
11-28-2017, 05:44 PM
If our wide receivers need to be good, we're screwed.

You are over swinging the pendulum. We've had decent to good receivers for this whole run and yes it would hurt us to have bad receivers

Professor Chaos
11-28-2017, 05:45 PM
There's still a lot of 2017 left (I hope) before we start worrying about 2018. I think Dez Cain's play or lack thereof on Saturday and moving forward in the playoffs will be a determining factor on the confidence level in the WR corps going into next year. Even in limited action I've been impressed with him, he just hasn't gotten the targets to be a real difference maker yet. If Shep is out or limited on Saturday that should change.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2017, 05:48 PM
It was an intentionally hyperbolic and trolling post.

The only difference in the receiving corps between yesterday and today is Sean Engel.

By a regular poster. You calling out an extreme post is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. And I was concerned even before Engel bit the dust.

BisonLaw
11-28-2017, 06:01 PM
No, our WR corp will be fine. We have three redshirt FR I'm excited about for the next four years:

1) Christian Watson
3) Carson Yaggie

1) Noah Gindorff
2) Josh Babicz

Obviously tough to predict the future as I was really excited about Engel and he turned out to be a bust both on and off the field, but I am certainly really excited about Watson's potential. Also have to hope Cain continues to develop in the system. I'm still hopeful he has a breakout game in the playoffs.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 06:02 PM
By a regular poster. You calling out an extreme post is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. And I was concerned even before Engel bit the dust.

speaking of pots...

as I said, if our WRs need to be good, we're not playing our game.

Hammerhead
11-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Bring back the veer?

Didn't they wide receivers used to joke that they were "wide blockers" back in the 80s? :)

oldmantutters
11-28-2017, 06:13 PM
speaking of pots...

Our WRs need to be better than they have been the past 2 years.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 06:15 PM
Our WRs need to be better than they have been the past 2 years.

our GAMEPLAN has to be better than it has been in the past 2 years.

RedRiver
11-28-2017, 06:32 PM
I don't care and haven't given it a thought. The Bison have a second round home playoff game this Saturday, the team and fans focus should be on this right now. I'm not into projecting 2018 as of yet as the 2017 season is still on. Also, we aren't even into the transfer and signing period for 2018 yet.

OrygunBison
11-28-2017, 06:34 PM
Jeez. Some of you fuckers just like to be pissed. This is football season, the most wonderful, magically happy time of the year. What the fuck could be better? So what if things aren't perfect. It is still football season.

Portlandbison
11-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Before all the injuries hit the rb group this year i was hoping brooks or purifoy would be moved to wr. Just want to see some of better athletes get the ball more often.

thebigund
11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
speaking of pots...

If your WRs need to be good that means you're playing JMU.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
speaking of pots...

Justified..... :)

EagleBison
11-28-2017, 07:12 PM

I would say ISUB will have the worst receiving crew next year.

Bison20
11-28-2017, 07:13 PM
I think we will be more than ok. I would actually be more concerned in 2 years when shep, Williams and Cain will be gone. We have some really good tight ends I'm looking forward to. Need the young wrs to step up. Let's see what happens with those new open scholarships

Bisonator98
11-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Dimitri Williams has been playing better lately. There are quite a few promising freshmen on the team.

bisonforever
11-28-2017, 07:31 PM
I think we will be more than ok. I would actually be more concerned in 2 years when shep, Williams and Cain will be gone. We have some really good tight ends I'm looking forward to. Need the young wrs to step up. Let's see what happens with those new open scholarships Although, we do have 3 nice looking Wr. In this current recruiting class. Moss, Talbert and Sproles. Hopefully all these boys pan out. I would be willing to bet that one of these guys will not be redshirted.

KNOW IT ALL
11-28-2017, 07:41 PM
I think the initial post/thread is fair, It is ok to speculate and talk about something other than HOMERISM. As good as the Bison are each and every year of late I too am surprised we don't have a better crop of WR's. Freshmen Speculation? The current roster hasn't shown much in the cupboard, solid yes, Upgrades or improving NO. TE's? The Bison quit throwing to them so who cares if they are two-way players. Going to Frisco this year? I think so as the table is set for a return. BUT, If they don't I think a bit of finger pointing could be fair game. I think play calling has been very inconsistent this year and needs to change if the Bison have any chance at winning a title this year.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 07:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

KNOW IT ALL
11-28-2017, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fjwe31s_0g

is that a promise?

Bison20
11-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Although, we do have 3 nice looking Wr. In this current recruiting class. Moss, Talbert and Sproles. Hopefully all these boys pan out. I would be willing to bet that one of these guys will not be redshirted.

I agree, think that one of them could play if they come in and learn the playbook.

EC8CH
11-28-2017, 09:46 PM
I think Hendricks will be a stud WR next year. Okay, maybe purple...

This post needs more rep.

Mr Meaty
11-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Receiving crew next year will be just fine.
Christian Watson, Was a nice get when he signed, Unproven in college, yes..
Pimienta, Volen, Isais, Yaggie, Kizeski, do not know much on these.
Dimitri Williams is back and we know what he can do.
Desmond Cain, will get plenty of opportunities
Darrius Shepherd, boom time for him again.
Gindorff and Ellefson will both need to stepup
Dallas Freemen stay out of trouble and he will contribute.
Couple other TE but do not know much on them either.

The ones in bold need to step up and lead the receiving crew.

Da Bison
11-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Didn't they wide receivers used to joke that they were "wide blockers" back in the 80s? :)I think the term we used was "Perimeter Ram" [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-28-2017, 10:28 PM
RJ, Wentz and Ilies move on but Shep, Cane, Williams and Freeman are back plus Jenson and Ellefeson add in Brooks out of backfield. Where do you think our receiving corps has ranked in the last couple seasons? Is next year's group any worse than the previous two?

I think our receiver core next year will be really really good. New OC and the receivers will improve working together for a year. Shep is a stud. Cain will have a full year in the system (and spring) and is as talented as anyone. Dimitri will be a senior and may be the best athlete out of the group and Freeman will be a senior.

I really like the young kids too. Christian Watson has mega potential. Size and speed. I am interested to see what the group of younger players can do Voyen (great size), Trevor Heit, and some of the other guys can do. Another interesting name is Cordell Pimienta. We recruited him out of Florida but it was late and we ran out of scholarship money. He went D2 at an area school and sat out the year due to transferring up. Kids pretty talented.

Seems like receiver is one of those spots where a player you don't expect to rise to the top does. (ie RJ as a true freshman)

and like you mentioned... our TE's are crazy good

Scooter1
11-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Receiving crew next year will be just fine.
Christian Watson, Was a nice get when he signed, Unproven in college, yes..
Pimienta, Volen, Isais, Yaggie, Kizeski, do not know much on these.
Dimitri Williams is back and we know what he can do.
Desmond Cain, will get plenty of opportunities
Darrius Shepherd, boom time for him again.
Gindorff and Ellefson will both need to stepup
Dallas Freemen stay out of trouble and he will contribute.
Couple other TE but do not know much on them either.

The ones in bold need to step up and lead the receiving crew.

Keeping the redshirt on Christian Watson is huge for the future of NDSU receivers.
Williams, Shepherd, Cain and Freeman give you a solid 2 deep and give Watson time to challenge for playing time.
Anderson, Jensen and Elefson will be challenged hard by Gindorff...

This next class needs 3 really good WR because we lose a ton after next season. If I were a WR at a FBS program and wanted more playing time....NDSU may be worth investigating.
Time for Desmond Cain to step up and show what we know he can do......We may see it on Saturday.

wagsabison
11-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Keeping the redshirt on Christian Watson is huge for the future of NDSU receivers.
Williams, Shepherd, Cain and Freeman give you a solid 2 deep and give Watson time to challenge for playing time.
Anderson, Jensen and Elefson will be challenged hard by Gindorff...

This next class needs 3 really good WR because we lose a ton after next season. If I were a WR at a FBS program and wanted more playing time....NDSU may be worth investigating.
Time for Desmond Cain to step up and show what we know he can do......We may see it on Saturday.

He hasn't gotten the ball a lot yet but when he has it just seems like he has a little more of a burst than what RJ or Shep have. Hopefully he can get a few more touches.

tjbison
11-29-2017, 01:43 PM
He hasn't gotten the ball a lot yet but when he has it just seems like he has a little more of a burst than what RJ or Shep have. Hopefully he can get a few more touches.

Easton needs to find him, multiple games he was open but Easton didn't look past RJ, he needs to look further than his comfort zone which is RJ

KNOW IT ALL
11-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Our WR's are probably a lot better than what we have seen, maybe if they would run some plays that get the ball in their hands a bit more often, again, quick hit stuff over and across the middle, screens, skinny posts. I like this team a lot but I cant really say it has had an offensive identity this year as it almost always has in the past. I know Kleiman and Messingham are old pals but I hope they can sit down in the off-season and gel with a more consistent plan. Talent can take anybody a long ways but a PLAN can win you a title. It will take a good one for some team to knock off JMU.

southcliffbison
11-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Our WR's are probably a lot better than what we have seen, maybe if they would run some plays that get the ball in their hands a bit more often, again, quick hit stuff over and across the middle, screens, skinny posts. I like this team a lot but I cant really say it has had an offensive identity this year as it almost always has in the past. I know Kleiman and Messingham are old pals but I hope they can sit down in the off-season and gel with a more consistent plan. Talent can take anybody a long ways but a PLAN can win you a title. It will take a good one for some team to knock off JMU.

Whoa !! JMU has to get by Stoney Stream this weekend.......just saying.

Bison 4 Life
11-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Whoa !! JMU has to get by Stoney Stream this weekend.......just saying.

and/or UNI/SDSU/Weber/SUU

Lot of chances on that side for them to trip up.

wagsabison
11-29-2017, 02:02 PM
I want JMU in Frisco, that'd be a fun matchup.

Bison 4 Life
11-29-2017, 02:05 PM
I want JMU in Frisco, that'd be a fun matchup.

I want them anywhere. Last year was a missed opportunity, that won't happen again.

southcliffbison
11-29-2017, 02:05 PM
and/or UNI/SDSU/Weber/SUU

Lot of chances on that side for them to trip up.

Personally, I would love to see one of the Pig Sty Conference teams advance all the way Frisco.

KNOW IT ALL
11-29-2017, 02:35 PM
NDSU vs. JMU in Frisco would get some ESPN love!!!

Bison56
11-29-2017, 07:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Such a little bitch, go cry in the corner.

BisoninNWMN
11-30-2017, 11:40 AM

1) Christian Watson
3) Carson Yaggie

1) Noah Gindorff
2) Josh Babicz

This here.

Bison will reload next year.

wisco4
11-30-2017, 03:09 PM
This here.

Bison will reload next year.

This is what I thought. I think the offense has the potential to be special next year. Return a bunch of experience and talent. Just stay healthy!

DM05
11-30-2017, 06:08 PM

Worse than whatever Taryn Christian is gonna have to throw to once Goedert and Weineke leave?