PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoffs Second Round Thread

NDSUstudent
11-26-2017, 03:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPiD79qVAAENf_K.jpg

EC8CH
11-26-2017, 03:48 AM
SHSU vs USD combined score might top 100.

ndsubison1
11-26-2017, 04:59 AM
Id rather face Furman than Wofford.

KSUs offense plays into the strength of JSUs Defense.

SHSU-USD first to 50 wins

UNI-Sdsu I think will be really close

JMU may have the toughest 2nd rd opponent

DIBISON
11-26-2017, 05:32 AM
Thankful there is only TWO Big Sky teams left in the second round, they're lucky it is not just ONE team that had a bye!

bisonmike2
11-26-2017, 12:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPiD79qVAAENf_K.jpg

Is wofford's mascot Nibbler from futurama?

Bison20
11-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Id rather face Furman than Wofford.

KSUs offense plays into the strength of JSUs Defense.

SHSU-USD first to 50 wins

UNI-Sdsu I think will be really close

I disagree, I think that sdsu has the toughest opponent. Should be a good game between those two. Streveler might have 600 yards against Sam Houston

A1pigskin
11-26-2017, 01:07 PM
IMO SDSU wins against UNI.

southcliffbison
11-26-2017, 01:44 PM
IMO SDSU wins against UNI.

Hope not.........Hate the Jacks.

ndsubison1
11-26-2017, 04:24 PM
I disagree, I think that sdsu has the toughest opponent. Should be a good game between those two. Streveler might have 600 yards against Sam Houston

Oh I forgot. Only Missouri Valley teams can be good.

Bisonator98
11-26-2017, 04:36 PM

So you'd rather play UNI then Stony Brook?

Bison20
11-26-2017, 04:49 PM

Never said that but I think our conference speaks for itself. Just think uni is the toughest opponent to face that played last weekend.

ndsubison1
11-26-2017, 05:58 PM
So you'd rather play UNI then Stony Brook?

Yes. 10char

Bisonwinagn
11-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Still hate all the conference matchups in the early rounds sux for everyone:
Two best teams in the Southern, Big Sky, and CAA playing each other and 2 second place teams in MVFC playing each other. They should all be close game unless JMU destroys Stony which wouldn't be a surprise.
South Dakota looks really banged up and tired especially on defense. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost by 4 TD's.
UNH will get destroyed and had no business being in the playoffs. They barely won against a bad team who didn't have their starting QB.
JSU could be in for a dogfight with first team to 10 winning.

natstar1
11-27-2017, 01:17 AM
what about San Diego?

CaBisonFan
11-27-2017, 01:42 AM
what about San Diego?I agree...they looked really good...but...NAU looked really bad.

BisonLaw
11-27-2017, 01:56 AM
My take on difficulty of second round opponents:

1. UNI
2. Weber
3. Furman
4. USD
5. Stony Brook
6. Kennesaw
7. San Diego
8. New Hampshire

2-5 are pretty up in the air in my opinion. New Hampshire looks bad.

StL Bison Fan
11-27-2017, 02:11 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread and jmu is in the second round.
Seems the jmu coach took his name out of the running for the GSU job.
Will this cause focus to be lost? We had quite the upheaval when Bohl did his thing during the playoff run. I don't think any other group of players had the focus those guys had.
Some extra reading... http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/26/where-will-james-madison-coach-end-up-and-when/

BisonLaw
11-27-2017, 02:18 AM
Will this cause focus to be lost? We had quite the upheaval when Bohl did his thing during the playoff run. I don't think any other group of players had the focus those guys had.
Some extra reading... http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/26/where-will-james-madison-coach-end-up-and-when/

I imagine him taking his name out of the running would give the players comfort rather than cause them to lose focus. I'm interested to see how the December signing period and the coaching carousel interact. Imagine signing your LOI and finding out the coach is leaving the next week.

MAKBison
11-27-2017, 02:18 AM

fair article

56BISON73
11-27-2017, 02:21 AM

Since he took his name out of the running focus shouldnt be a problem.

gumby013
11-27-2017, 02:46 AM
Since he took his name out of the running focus shouldnt be a problem.

So we can pile on that Tennessee is after him now...

natstar1
11-27-2017, 03:00 AM
I agree...they looked really good...but...NAU looked really bad.

I'm saying San Diego has the toughest 2nd round opponent.

56BISON73
11-27-2017, 03:03 AM
So we can pile on that Tennessee is after him now...

Oh why not , just makes the pile higher and deeper.

ndsubison1
11-27-2017, 03:13 AM
what about San Diego?

haha. I shouldve said for the seeds

bisonaudit
11-27-2017, 05:52 AM
Sagarin's take on the lines home team in bold:

James Madison-21.0 over Stony Brook 94%
Southern Utah -4.0 over Weber State 62%
South Dakota State -9.0 over Northern Iowa 74%
Central Arkansas -16.5 over New Hampshire 89%
Jacksonville State -8.5 over Kennesaw State 74%
South Dakota -2.5 over Sam Houston State 57%
Wofford -1.5 over Furman 55%
North Dakota State -30.0 over San Diego 99%

Straight-up just a smidge over 6 out of 8 correct would be a good day for the projection.

Just to give you an idea how important seeding the correct teams is, the difference in home field and a week off versus not is over 9.5 points in theses projections. 5 of the 8 2nd round games are within that margin. That isn't to say that all 5 of those were mistakes by the committee, for instance given a choice between seeding Kennesaw St or Jax St the committee got it right but if they've have made that mistake the advantages conferred would be significant enough to upend the projection.

KilldeerBison
11-27-2017, 01:35 PM
UNI has a good chance to beat the bunnies. Farley has the defensive scheme that already took them down. I wouldn't be surprised if UNI wins again.

SDbison
11-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know why non scholly schools are included in FCS or allowed to be part of the playoffs? Does the Ivy League allow athletic scholarships, and if not at least they are wise enough to opt out of the playoffs. If they do have schollies it would be better to have them be part of the playoffs than the non scholly schools that will never make a deep run.

Bison 4 Life
11-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know why non scholly schools are included in FCS or allowed to be part of the playoffs? Does the Ivy League allow athletic scholarships, and if not at least they are wise enough to opt out of the playoffs. If they do have schollies it would be better to have them be part of the playoffs than the non scholly schools that will never make a deep run.

The Ivies do not have athletic scholarships. The Patriot has only adopted scholarships in the last few years.

I'm going to guess this was all about Dayton. They won't let them compete in DIII so they had to accept a non-scholarship DI arrangement for equity's sake.

IndyBison
11-27-2017, 04:03 PM
The Ivies do not have athletic scholarships. The Patriot has only adopted scholarships in the last few years.

I'm going to guess this was all about Dayton. They won't let them compete in DIII so they had to accept a non-scholarship DI arrangement for equity's sake.

I know several of the schools in the Pioneer were that way. Butler used to be D3 in football, but the NCAA required schools to compete at 1 level. Several schools didn't want to add the expense of D1 football scholarships so the Pioneer League was a compromise. That's why the teams are spread out around the country. I believe they are mostly private schools that have a lot of endowment money so many of the players do get plenty of financial aid. That being said, it's still amazing that USD has beat 2 playoff teams from the Big Sky conference. Even if the BSC team wasn't worthy of being in the tournament, that is an amazing accomplishment. They are doing something right in southern California.

tjbison
11-27-2017, 04:14 PM
I know several of the schools in the Pioneer were that way. Butler used to be D3 in football, but the NCAA required schools to compete at 1 level. Several schools didn't want to add the expense of D1 football scholarships so the Pioneer League was a compromise. That's why the teams are spread out around the country. I believe they are mostly private schools that have a lot of endowment money so many of the players do get plenty of financial aid. That being said, it's still amazing that USD has beat 2 playoff teams from the Big Sky conference. Even if the BSC team wasn't worthy of being in the tournament, that is an amazing accomplishment. They are doing something right in southern California.

It's their coach, he's an awesome dude

NDSUstudent
11-27-2017, 08:36 PM

The Ivy League doesn't have scholarships but those schools have massive endowments and obviously offer a valuable education. They bring in talent. A great Ivy team could make a legit playoff run.

EC8CH
11-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Even if the BSC team wasn't worthy of being in the tournament, that is an amazing accomplishment. They are doing something right in southern California.

USD should definitely be proud of their football program. They also appear to play very hard and well disciplined. Even though they eventually got blown out on the scoreboard last year in Fargo, I still think they represented themselves well.

ndsubison1
11-28-2017, 01:01 AM
5Dimes Lines

JMU -20.5
JSU -9.5
Furman -3.5
USD -2
UCA -13.5
SDSU -8.5
NDSU -29.5
SUU -8

bisonaudit
11-28-2017, 02:09 AM
5Dimes Lines

JMU -20.5
JSU -9.5
Furman -3.5
USD -2
UCA -13.5
SDSU -8.5
NDSU -29.5
SUU -8

Even for entertainment, the best decision is often the game you don’t play. With the vig at 120, just eyeballing it, Sagarin would probably suggest just three plays.

BisonLaw
11-29-2017, 12:57 AM
So who do people want to win, UNI or SDSU? I'm honestly not sure who to pull for.

Bison 4 Life
11-29-2017, 01:04 AM
So who do people want to win, UNI or SDSU? I'm honestly not sure who to pull for.Giant meteor

Mr Meaty
11-29-2017, 01:05 AM
So who do people want to win, UNI or SDSU? I'm honestly not sure who to pull for.

UNI it is just that simple.

StL Bison Fan
11-29-2017, 01:10 AM

I think this is correct

noryan34
11-29-2017, 01:17 AM
Even for entertainment, the best decision is often the game you don’t play. With the vig at 120, just eyeballing it, Sagarin would probably suggest just three plays.

Furman is a rode fav against Wofford coming off a bye? That and the UCA line look pretty good for some money making

Bison03
11-29-2017, 01:31 AM
South Dakota is playing with house money. Last team in and got a little lucky last week. First one to 50 might win that game. As for SDSU/UNI, at least one of those teams will be done this weekend.

tjbison
11-29-2017, 01:58 AM

yes, at least I don't see their coaches talking smack on social media. If the bunnies bow out early this year looks like their Dream is over as they wont have much offense next season

bisonaudit
11-29-2017, 02:13 AM
South Dakota is playing with house money. Last team in and got a little lucky last week. First one to 50 might win that game. As for SDSU/UNI, at least one of those teams will be done this weekend.

Sagarin’s new feature suggests o/u 82.

NDSU1980
11-29-2017, 02:40 AM

UNI. Can't stand SDSU or their fans.

Christopher Moen
11-29-2017, 03:05 AM
Also, if SDSU loses, they continue the trend of never reaching double-digit wins in a season.

bisonaudit
11-29-2017, 05:22 AM
Furman is a rode fav against Wofford coming off a bye? That and the UCA line look pretty good for some money making

Sagarin publishes half a dozen different models now that should be fairly good predictors. The ELO model and any thing that has the ELO model in it are garbage, but the other methods should be pretty good. Interestingly, those models disagree with each other the most on the USD/SHSU game and the Wofford/Furman game. Blue and offense/defense really like USD and Furman while Recent and Gold lean more SHSU and Wofford.

All the models seem to think that 8 is too many points to be giving Weber State.

wagsabison
11-29-2017, 12:33 PM

UNI since SDSU has pulled out W's against us the last couple years in the regular season. My dislike for SDSU is now greater than it is for UNI.

noryan34
11-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Sagarin publishes half a dozen different models now that shouldn't be fairly good predictors. The ELO model and any thing that has the ELO model in it are garbage, but the other methods should be pretty good. Interestingly, those models disagree with each other the most on the USD/SHSU game and the Wofford/Furman game. Blue and offense/defense really like USD and Furman while Recent and Gold lean more SHSU and Wofford.

All the models seem to think that 8 is too many points to be giving Weber State.

SHSU might be a good bet then too. What’s a 8 point dog on the win line +250?

Edited. Sorry was thinking Wofford not SHSU line

KNOW IT ALL
11-29-2017, 07:27 PM
USD over SHSU, UNI over SDSU. UNI is going to copy YSU's run of last year.

bisonaudit
11-29-2017, 11:20 PM
SHSU might be a good bet then too. What’s a 8 point dog on the win line +250?

Edited. Sorry was thinking Wofford not SHSU line

+250 seems about right. Didn’t see any money lines for these games on 5dimes.

Da Bison
11-30-2017, 12:30 AM
Giant meteorI'll settle for a small meteor.

A giant meteor would be a civilization ending event.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
11-30-2017, 12:49 PM
+250 seems about right. Didn’t see any money lines for these games on 5dimes.
They're on there but they're under "College" now this week instead of "College Extra". Probably has to do with the limited number of FBS games this week.

Hammerhead
11-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Same here although I'm leaning toward UNI because they are not as dirty as SDSU. I'm not even sure if I would rather face JMU or UNI/SDSU in Frisco if we make it that far.

Bison 4 Life
11-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Same here although I'm leaning toward UNI because they are not as dirty as SDSU. I'm not even sure if I would rather face JMU or UNI/SDSU in Frisco if we make it that far.

I would take any one. We're going to win that game and every one of those teams would hate it.

Frisco Jason
11-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Go Bison and win out!
Love being only 30 minutes from Toyota Stadium.

DIBISON
11-30-2017, 10:51 PM
All four of the MVFC teams are on ESPN College Extra. UNI & SDSU is on DIRECTV channel 791, USD & SHS on DIRECTV channel 793 and San Diego and NDSU are on DIRECTV channel 794. The games at James Madison, Wofford and Central Arkansas are also featured games.

MontanaHoyt
11-30-2017, 11:44 PM
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8611/history/20171130/2330Z/KSAN/KFAR

It’s that time of the week!

DakotaOkie
12-01-2017, 01:07 AM
All four of the MVFC teams are on ESPN College Extra. UNI & SDSU is on DIRECTV channel 791, USD & SHS on DIRECTV channel 793 and San Diego and NDSU are on DIRECTV channel 794. The games at James Madison, Wofford and Central Arkansas are also featured games.

All eight FCS games are on DirecTV's ESPN College Extra. Nothing featured here

Professor Chaos
12-01-2017, 02:33 PM
My random thought of the day while I wait for playoff football to begin this weekend. In my estimation there are two seeded teams on Saturday that are playing their toughest FCS opponent of the year so far. Those are JMU and JSU. It'll be interesting to see if either of those teams are exposed a bit and end up playing games that are closer than expected or, in JSU's case, maybe even get knocked out.

Bison 4 Life
12-01-2017, 02:40 PM
My random thought of the day while I wait for playoff football to begin this weekend. In my estimation there are two seeded teams on Saturday that are playing their toughest FCS opponent of the year so far. Those are JMU and JSU. It'll be interesting to see if either of those teams are exposed a bit and end up playing games that are closer than expected or, in JSU's case, maybe even get knocked out.

JMU has been played tough periodically all year, the JMU board claims it's because they are sandbagging for the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
12-01-2017, 03:01 PM
JMU has been played tough periodically all year, the JMU board claims it's because they are sandbagging for the playoffs.
Well, they have every right to be confident. Winning 23 games in a row will do that. But to repeat they're going to have to beat 4 teams in a row who are all better than anyone they've played this year to date (East Carolina included) with that defending champ target on their back. We'll see how well they handle it.

That's why you gotta love the FCS. No matter how much bluster fans can muster their team still has to earn it on the field if they're going to end up on that north endzone stage in Frisco come January.

Bison 4 Life
12-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Well, they have every right to be confident. Winning 23 games in a row will do that. But to repeat they're going to have to beat 4 teams in a row who are better than anyone they've played this year to date (East Carolina included) with that defending champ target on their back. We'll see how well they handle it.

yep. I don't think some of them realize that.

ndsubison1
12-02-2017, 02:06 PM
USD has gone from -2 to +2.5 to -4

Sdsu from -9.5 to -4.

Ndsu from -30 to -26.5

SUU from -8 to -3

A1pigskin
12-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Lot's of good games today.

MSUcats91
12-02-2017, 03:59 PM
USD has gone from -2 to +2.5 to -4

Sdsu from -9.5 to -4.

Ndsu from -30 to -26.5

SUU from -8 to -3I'll take Weber State over SUU, points or not. SUU beat them this season but Weber lost their QB in the 2nd quarter and the backup was terrible. Threw a pick 6 right off the bat. So as long as QB Cantwell stays healthy, look for Weber to pull off a mild upset.

Other than that I'll take all the seeds.

tony
12-02-2017, 04:17 PM
I'll take Weber State over SUU, points or not. SUU beat them this season but Weber lost their QB in the 2nd quarter and the backup was terrible. Threw a pick 6 right off the bat. So as long as QB Cantwell stays healthy, look for Weber to pull off a mild upset.

Other than that I'll take all the seeds.

I didn't know that about Weber losing their QB in the SUU game. Thanks for that bit of info!

ZHerd
12-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Well, they have every right to be confident. Winning 23 games in a row will do that. But to repeat they're going to have to beat 4 teams in a row who are all better than anyone they've played this year to date (East Carolina included) with that defending champ target on their back. We'll see how well they handle it.

That's why you gotta love the FCS. No matter how much bluster fans can muster their team still has to earn it on the field if they're going to end up on that north endzone stage in Frisco come January.

You mean you don't like computer selected champs? ;)

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 04:30 PM
I wish most the games weren't all at the same time.

MAKBison
12-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Lot's of good games today.

yep, my dvr is getting a workout

SoCalBison
12-02-2017, 06:11 PM
JMU is using quick short timing routes, scored on first posession at 1221 in the first.

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 06:17 PM
GREAT drive by Wofford. 7-0 over vermin 9:40 left in the 1st.

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Woffy stops vermin on 4th and 1 and then promptly fumble and vermin recovers...

kristind
12-02-2017, 06:38 PM
JMU is using quick short timing routes, scored on first posession at 1221 in the first.I missed that part. So they missed the PAT then? Stony Brook handed it to the JMU offence on this last drive. 3 and out with a nice sack for big loss of yards.

IndyBison
12-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Woffy stops vermin on 4th and 1 and then promptly fumble and vermin recovers...MVFC crew on this game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BattleBorn
12-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Stony Brook went for 4th and 12 and failed at JMU 33, JMU responds with a long pass play. This has the feel Stony Brook just handed them the game.

BattleBorn
12-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Stony Brook went for 4th and 12 and failed at JMU 33, JMU responds with a long pass play. This has the feel Stony Brook just handed them the game.

Then SB D comes up huge. I know nothing about football.

G_Funky
JMU o linemen with the stomachs hanging out just further reinforces my hate for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCS Nation
Woffy 7 vermin 3 early 2nd.

kristind
12-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Then SB D comes up huge. I know nothing about football.Another sack. I'm liking this SB D. If nothing else I think they are making JMU a little nervous. Aren't they used to being up by like 50 pts by now?

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Another sack. I'm liking this SB D. If nothing else I think they are making JMU a little nervous. Aren't they used to being up by like 50 pts by now?

Nobody knows you like your conference mates...

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 06:57 PM
3 close games currently, with 3 more about to start.

0 Jacksonville St
0 Kennesaw St
7:22 2Q

7 Wofford
3 Furman
8:15 2Q

9 JMU
0 Stony Brook
9:19 2Q

G_Funky
12-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Potential quarterfinal matchup with a triple option offense.

Woof.

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 07:00 PM
TD vermin 10-7 baptists 6:52 left in 2nd.

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Furman just took the lead with a TD.

10-7 Furman
6:52 2Q

And JSU with the first points of the game

7-0 JSU
4:20 2Q

bisonridge
12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Seats are empty at SDSU, what does it take to fill that place up?

EC8CH
12-02-2017, 07:04 PM

The Bison.

10char

G_Funky
12-02-2017, 07:05 PM

Luke Bryan

KTF
12-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Sdsu stadium is about 1/3 full

bisonp
12-02-2017, 07:08 PM

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/498770e4edec39e8b227fac4489727052e6eedc1/c=0-128-2220-3088&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/SiouxFalls/2014/11/17/ap596176968537.jpg

KTF
12-02-2017, 07:13 PM
USD is down 7-0

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Another really big scoreboard?

A basketball game?

NDSUstudent
12-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Seats are empty at SDSU, what does it take to fill that place up?Cattle or hog auction

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Woffy 14 vermin 10 Half

NDSUstudent
12-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Kennesaw 3
JSU 7 halftime

G_Funky
12-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Cattle or hog auction

AKA a dance team performance

KTF
12-02-2017, 07:27 PM
7-7 USD/shsu

G_Funky
12-02-2017, 07:30 PM
7 up down in Arkansas

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 07:37 PM
AKA a dance team performance

:rofl:

Ten Char

NDSUstudent
12-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Kennesaw 10
JSU 7 3rd quarter

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Usd down 21-7

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Usd down 21-7

21-14 now...

bisonridge
12-02-2017, 08:00 PM
SDSU 13-7

10 char

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Kennesaw State A-Backs HANDLING Jacksonville State State on the perimeter.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Kennesaw 17
JSU 7 4th quarter

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Kennesaw 17
JSU 7 4th quarter

JSU can't stop the B-Back up the middle and the A-Backs eating their lunch on the perimeter...

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Kennesaw just WHIPPING JSU at the line and on the perimeter. The OWLS are getting it done.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Fighting Farleys 7
Rabbits 26 half

noryan34
12-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Not looking good for JSU. Now maybe there fans can calm down about them being ranked too low at 3

bisonp
12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
ESPN app being a complete POS on XBox and PC. Keeps locking up.

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 08:50 PM
In the bag:
1 JMU over Stony Brook
7 Wofford over Furman

Final:
Kennesaw St over 3 Jacksonville St

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Shsu whipping usd?

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Shsu whipping usd?

Like a rented, redheaded, step-mule.

Kevin
12-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Shsu whipping usd?

Yep. 41 points in the first half. Briscoe has 4 td's and 330 yards or so.

Also any day that JSU loses is a good day. Worst fanbase in FCS.

noryan34
12-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Steve,er just didn’t look the same after that late hit he came up gimpy from. It was saidmall year how they hold up letting him as much as he did. Last couple months I think we have the answer.

Side note UNH is winning?! What a way to silence the doubters for them. Crazy

NDSUSR
12-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Carbone just thew his 5th pick of the day. SB is done.

Kevin
12-02-2017, 09:06 PM

That game felt over from the first drive when JMU's qb went like 7/7 for 70 yards and a td.

noryan34
12-02-2017, 09:07 PM

JMUndefense looked pretty damn good. Offense was decent. Def not as explosive as last year. But when your defense give you the ball back every 3monutes they are gonna put up some points. I think SB actually outgained JMU on less plays

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Yotes have closed the gap to 20. Smelling a comeback.

yes, that's purple

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Another unanswered Yote TD. A little less purple with that comeback talk.

41-28 SHSU midway through the 3Q.

Kevin
12-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Another unanswered Yote TD. A little less purple with that comeback talk.

41-28 SHSU midway through the 3Q.

I'd drop the purple. SHSU is famous for shitting the bed and playing no defense.

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 09:27 PM
UNH is beginning to LEAN on UCA. RB up the middle for 5 and 6 yards a pop...

TAILG8R
12-02-2017, 09:33 PM
LOL @ JSU

noryan34
12-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Questionable call removes a TD from USD. Turnover on downs on next play

bisonridge
12-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Aiding the runner a penalty?

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Think the refs screwed the Yotes inside the 10. TD called back for aiding the runner. Then Yotes turn over on downs when it looked like they might have gotten it.

But now SHSU is backed up to their own endzone.

noryan34
12-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Aiding the runner a penalty?

Probably one of those penalties right by letter of the law but kinda iffy to call there. Then a fav spot for SHSU and UsD turned it over on 4th and 1 at the SHSU 9

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 09:41 PM
SHSU/USD going to the 4Q with USD threatening on the 2yd line.

BisonTeacher
12-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Go yotes!!!!

Kevin
12-02-2017, 09:45 PM
JSU and SHSU both losing in the second round would be a great early Christmas present.

KTF
12-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Go yotes!!!

Hammersmith
USD TD

41-35 SHSU very early in the 4th Q

NDSUSR
35-41 yotes closing in

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Probably one of those penalties right by letter of the law but kinda iffy to call there. Then a fav spot for SHSU and UsD turned it over on 4th and 1 at the SHSU 9

Apparently you can push a runner, but not pull them in college ball. Don't remember enough about the play to know whether it was a good call or not.

SHSU threatening to score already.

FCS Nation
12-02-2017, 09:55 PM
uca losesto unh.....

noryan34
12-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Wow. tD South Dakota 3 point game pending XP

bisonridge
12-02-2017, 10:00 PM
44-41 shsu

NDSUSR
41-44 SH still leads.

Hammersmith
44-42 SHSU

2pt game

wow

BisonTeacher
44-42...go yotes

EC8CH
12-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Goooooo yoooooooooootes!

NDSUSR
12-02-2017, 10:07 PM
SHSU scores.

We are looking at a possible 100 point game with 1,000 yards of offense.

noryan34
12-02-2017, 10:10 PM
SHSU scores.

We are looking at a possible 100 point game with 1,000 yards of offense.

It’s already over 1100 yards closing in on 1200

HerdistheWord
12-02-2017, 10:14 PM
South Dakota playing with some heart. Hats off to them regardless of outcome. Streveler should get an NFL shot.

Hammersmith
12-02-2017, 10:14 PM
USD threatening again. Should have been 1st&G from the 2, but the receiver facemasked the defender.

NDSUSR
12-02-2017, 10:15 PM
AH Strev throws a pic in the redzone...

noryan34
12-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Welp that isn’t might be it for South Dakota if they can’t get a quick stop

HerdistheWord
12-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Ball game, unless USD finds a rush defense.

ndsubison1
12-02-2017, 10:43 PM
sdsu another home game

noryan34
12-02-2017, 10:46 PM
sdsu another home game

Ya was just gonna say that. UCA upset gives SDSU another home game

gumby013
12-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Southern Utah is singing Sweet Caroline. We got robbed.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Why don't the MEAC and the SWAC participate in the playoffs?

Would any of those teams be able to make a run at a championship?

Mr Meaty
12-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Why don't the MEAC and the SWAC participate in the playoffs?

Would any of those teams be able to make a run at a championship?

Simple answer

NOPE

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Simple answer

NOPE

Why don't they participate in the playoffs?

noryan34
12-03-2017, 01:46 AM
Why don't they participate in the playoffs?

They choose to send there champions to a bowl game. With apparently is very lucrative for their schools

Professor Chaos
12-03-2017, 02:16 AM
They choose to send there champions to a bowl game. With apparently is very lucrative for their schools
It's not necessarily a cash cow for them. I think they get $1M per conference from the ESPN/ABC TV deal which they share so it's around $100K per school whether they play in the game or not. But for them it's better than playing in the playoffs where they'lllose their first game and potentially lose money doing it if they host.

MSUcats91
12-03-2017, 02:50 AM
I didn't know that about Weber losing their QB in the SUU game. Thanks for that bit of info!

You're welcome.
;)

Hammersmith
12-03-2017, 03:02 AM
Looks like another seed is going down. That makes 3 of 8 to lose today. Weber St up on 8 SUU, 30-13 w/ 4min to go.

3 Jacksonville St
4 Central Arkansas
8 Southern Utah

Hammersmith
12-03-2017, 03:14 AM
No real reason to do this, but don't have anything better to do right now while watching a guy repair field turf.

Conf 1start 2start Qstart record
CAA 4 3 2 4-2
MVFC 5 4 2 4-3
Big South 2 1 1 2-1
Big Sky 3 2 1 2-2
Southern 3 2 1 2-2
Southland 3 2 1 1-2
Pioneer 1 1 0 1-1
OVC 1 1 0 0-1
Patriot 1 0 0 0-1
NEC 1 0 0 0-1

NDSUSR
12-03-2017, 03:32 AM
No real reason to do this, but don't have anything better to do right now while watching a guy repair field turf.
A modern spin on "watching the grass grow"?

Hammersmith
12-03-2017, 03:43 AM
A modern spin on "watching the grass grow"?

Pretty much. If you weren't watching it, the Big Ten championship game had a turf malfunction. They spent something like 10 minutes focused on the equipment guy fixing the turf.

bisonaudit
12-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Sagarin's take on the lines home team in bold:

SO AGS score err
W L.. 26-7 +2 James Madison -21.0 over Stony Brook 94%
L. L.. 13-30 +29 Southern Utah -4.0 over Weber State 62%
W W 37-22 -6 South Dakota State -9.0 over Northern Iowa 74%
L. L.. 15-21 +22.5 Central Arkansas -16.5 over New Hampshire 89%
L. L... 7-17 +18.5 Jacksonville State -8.5 over Kennesaw State 74%
L. L.. 42-54 +14.5 South Dakota -2.5 over Sam Houston State 57%
W W 28-10 -16.5 Wofford -1.5 over Furman 55%
W W 38-3 -5 North Dakota State -30.0 over San Diego 99%

4-4 so, not a good week.

5 of 8 missed by 1 standard deviation or more.

bisonmike2
12-03-2017, 12:40 PM
sdsu another home game

If it gets as cold as they say next week, they'll maybe get 5k there. I think I saw they have 7k on one of the mildest december weekends ever.

A1pigskin
12-03-2017, 02:11 PM
If it gets as cold as they say next week, they'll maybe get 5k there. I think I saw they have 7k on one of the mildest december weekends ever.

Maybe even less.

DM05
12-03-2017, 05:43 PM
STATS Second Round Review: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171203122100854260204

"...Ohio Valley Conference champ Jacksonville State also came up small in losing at home in the second round as the No. 3 seed for the third time in four years. No other top-3 seed has failed to reach the quarterfinals in the five seasons of a 24-team field."

Time to start properly seeding OVC teams, which means not seeding them at all. The one year they didn't lose early was 2015, when they were seeded #1 based on an OT loss to Auburn, and all MVFC teams were put on the other side of the bracket.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Did anyone watch James Madison? I read they intercepted Stony Brook five times. How do they not score more than 26 with five picks?

CAS4127
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Did anyone watch James Madison? I read they intercepted Stony Brook five times. How do they not score more than 26 with five picks?

I’m picking Weber State to Natty out of that bracket.

Christopher Moen
12-03-2017, 09:51 PM
I’m picking Weber State to Natty out of that bracket.

Weber State looks like a serious threat on the top bracket.

Professor Chaos
12-03-2017, 10:18 PM
STATS Second Round Review: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171203122100854260204

"...Ohio Valley Conference champ Jacksonville State also came up small in losing at home in the second round as the No. 3 seed for the third time in four years. No other top-3 seed has failed to reach the quarterfinals in the five seasons of a 24-team field."

Time to start properly seeding OVC teams, which means not seeding them at all. The one year they didn't lose early was 2015, when they were seeded #1 based on an OT loss to Auburn, and all MVFC teams were put on the other side of the bracket.
Chattanooga also took JSU to OT in their first game that year.