PDA

View Full Version : HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS
11-21-2017, 12:24 AM
One of our guys sees NDSU back up on the saddle this year. Certainly a distinct possibility.

https://herosports.com/fcs/playoff-bracket-predictions-2017-james-madison-ndsu-ajaj

89MTBISON
11-21-2017, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up Brian. Loads of interesting FCS coverage from you, Sam and others on Hero Sports. Keep up the good work!

BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS
11-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up Brian. Loads of interesting FCS coverage from you, Sam and others on Hero Sports. Keep up the good work!

Sam Herder is the man and we are LUCKY to have him in Fargo too. He obviously knows NDSU and the Valley in and out.

My predictions back this up: The Valley is going to be a buzzsaw as a collective in this bracket. We just did a radio show with the JMU folks and I think WIU and SDSU will give the Dukes great games should those matchups materialize before Frisco. They look forward to those challenges. Going to be a helluva playoff season and we're ready for it.

THEsocalledfan
11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Sam Herder is the man and we are LUCKY to have him in Fargo too. He obviously knows NDSU and the Valley in and out.

My predictions back this up: The Valley is going to be a buzzsaw as a collective in this bracket. We just did a radio show with the JMU folks and I think WIU and SDSU will give the Dukes great games should those matchups materialize before Frisco. They look forward to those challenges. Going to be a helluva playoff season and we're ready for it.

All I know, is if JMU/SDSU play in the semis, that will be MUST SEE TV. Looking forward to that.

Professor Chaos
11-21-2017, 01:16 PM
All I know, is if JMU/SDSU play in the semis, that will be MUST SEE TV. Looking forward to that.
Yeah, I have a feeling NDSU may miss out on the Friday night semifinal game this year if they make it that far. Undefeated JMU vs SDSU (or even UCA) is probably going to be a more attractive semifinal than NDSU vs unseeded team in the other semi.

Jim Puetz
11-21-2017, 01:18 PM
NDSU vs SDSU in Frisco. Stick wins first of two National Championships as a starter.

KNOW IT ALL
11-21-2017, 04:06 PM
WIU always seems to have great interior line play, a great playoff asset. My crystal ball see's them tripping JMU in a very low scoring game 10-7.

BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS
11-21-2017, 06:21 PM
WIU always seems to have great interior line play, a great playoff asset. My crystal ball see's them tripping JMU in a very low scoring game 10-7.

I think either of the Valley teams has a chance to go to JMU and cause serious problems. The quarters and semis will be massive challenges for the Dukes. But also ... seeing their homefield advantage? That's big too. For an outsider like me? It's all fun to watch. I like to write about 3 points games, not 40 point games deep in the playoffs.

bisonmike2
11-21-2017, 07:00 PM
I think either of the Valley teams has a chance to go to JMU and cause serious problems. The quarters and semis will be massive challenges for the Dukes. But also ... seeing their homefield advantage? That's big too. For an outsider like me? It's all fun to watch. I like to write about 3 points games, not 40 point games deep in the playoffs.

I don't think SDSU or WIU is going to be phased by JMU's homefield advantage. They've both played well in our house and both teams have FBS cred, especially SDSU who went down to TCU last year and put up a ton of points.

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 08:37 PM
i am not sure who i dislike more....sdsu or jmu

TAILG8R
11-21-2017, 08:56 PM
i am not sure who i dislike more....sdsu or jmu

I'd root for SDSU in that matchup for a couple reasons - Show the rest of FCS what conference is truly the best, I don't want JMU starting a long run of championships or even championship appearances and I know SDSU will fail at staying on top so one and done for them has more positives for me than JMU back in the chipper.

Still dislike SDSU way more - the only reason I find myself disliking the Dukes is jealousy.

BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS
11-21-2017, 09:10 PM
I don't think SDSU or WIU is going to be phased by JMU's homefield advantage. They've both played well in our house and both teams have FBS cred, especially SDSU who went down to TCU last year and put up a ton of points.

Good point

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
I'd root for SDSU in that matchup for a couple reasons - Show the rest of FCS what conference is truly the best, I don't want JMU starting a long run of championships or even championship appearances and I know SDSU will fail at staying on top so one and done for them has more positives for me than JMU back in the chipper.

Still dislike SDSU way more - the only reason I find myself disliking the Dukes is jealousy.

That and the fact it would be seat gate all over again...just in reverse. that would be fun! Not sure stig has the chops to get it done tho.

TAILG8R
11-21-2017, 10:20 PM
That and the fact it would be seat gate all over again...just in reverse. that would be fun! Not sure stig has the chops to get it done tho.

I predict ol' stig will out-stig himself at least once during the playoffs and potentially cost them a game because of it.

KilldeerBison
11-21-2017, 10:27 PM
I predict ol' stig will out-stig himself at least once during the playoffs and potentially cost them a game because of it.

Plus Stig will likely have zero issues with concussions, so that will help them. (Lots of purple)

NovaBison
11-21-2017, 10:46 PM
What??? Nobody is suggesting UNI as the spoiler on JMU's side of the bracket? You never know... they could go on one a crazy spoiler journey like YSU, only to self destruct in Frisco, like they always do.

Unlikely? Yes, but it could happen.

Nel360
11-21-2017, 11:04 PM
You know UNI/Farley history in the playoffs. They lost to the Patriot league champ in the 1st round at home. (Lehigh)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
11-23-2017, 05:09 AM
http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/22/moment-youve-all-been-waiting-for-fcs-playoff-predictions/

I agree with most of what Mike is saying, but when it comes to SDSU vs JMU, one thing that is not talked about is Stieg's ability to throw something new surprises the opposing teams haven't seen on film and TRICK PLAYS. We have been burnt by his trick plays every year. JMU might potentially play the Jacks for the 1st time and they may not be ready for this. This might be the difference maker when these two teams meet, I think.

EC8CH
11-23-2017, 05:15 AM
http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/22/moment-youve-all-been-waiting-for-fcs-playoff-predictions/

I agree with most of what Mike is saying, but when it comes to SDSU vs JMU, one thing that is not talked about is Stieg's ability to throw something new surprises the opposing teams haven't seen on film and TRICK PLAYS. We have been burnt by his trick plays every year. JMU might potentially play the Jacks for the 1st time and they may not be ready for this. This might be the difference maker when these two teams meet, I think.

You should warn them that stig is a waskewy wabbit.

GOBISON123
11-23-2017, 05:16 AM
You know UNI/Farley history in the playoffs. They lost to the Patriot league champ in the 1st round at home. (Lehigh)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If they schedule a PED tests before the game and make these Purple Cats pee in a solo cup before the game, I will guarantee you half of them wont even come of the locker room after this.

GOBISON123
11-23-2017, 05:18 AM
You should warn them that stig is a waskewy wabbit.

Sly Wabbit

scottietohottie
11-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Sly Wabbit

So sly he almost lost Vinatieri against usd. He got blown up on that fake.