PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stitt out at Montana

NDSUstudent
11-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Sources: Montana head coach Bob Stitt will not return. Stitt was 21-14 in his three seasons as head coach. Made playoffs and beat SDSU in round 1 in 2015. Word is Montana is circling in on a replacement

https://twitter.com/kyle_sample/status/932720598504980481

BadlandsBison
11-20-2017, 08:30 PM
[Booo!] [Hiss!]

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Not a real big surprise on this one......

aces1180
11-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Bobby Hauck...Special Teams Coordinator at the real SDSU.

BisManBison
11-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Fired after 3 seasons going 21-14 with one playoff win over SDSU in 2015. Unconfirmed reports (on egriz, so take it for what its worth) that he is being replaced by Bobby Hauck.

AlphaGriz, any truth to the Hauck rumor?

Bison 4 Life
11-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Holy shit. Does Haslam know any other names?

Bison Dan
11-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Stitt 21-14
Bubbles 19-15

Not hard to see which school & fan base demands excellence.

abc123
11-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Stitt 21-14
Bubbles 19-15

Not hard to see which school & fan base demands excellence.
It does take a lot more work to rebuild a team coming off of 19 wins and back to back playoff appearances the two season before taking over.

TAILG8R
11-20-2017, 10:34 PM
It does take a lot more work to rebuild a team coming off of 19 wins and back to back playoff appearances the two season before taking over.

That's one vote for mediocrity, got it.

NDSUstudent
11-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Stitt and Bubba are very similar, too mediocre coaches that are out of their league at the FCS level.

Oddly though both have this cult like following at their respective schools.

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2017, 11:05 PM
this is how far theyve fallen into irrelevancy...im the first to post in this thread in 2 hours

TAILG8R
11-20-2017, 11:10 PM
this is how far theyve fallen into irrelevancy...im the first to post in this thread in 2 hours

Well there is another thread on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 11:10 PM
There is another thread with more activity

Christopher Moen
11-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Stitt and Bubba are very similar, too mediocre coaches that are out of their league at the FCS level.

Oddly though both have this cult like following at their respective schools.

Mediocre DI (FCS) coaches, but decent DII coaches.

abc123
11-21-2017, 12:09 AM
That's one vote for mediocrity, got it.

Yes, that's exactly what pointing out the difference in where the two programs were at the time of hiring is. Great comprehension.

MNLonghorn10
11-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Well there is another thread on it.

There is another thread with more activity

http://replygif.net/i/1579.gif

HerdBot
11-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, punting, time of possession, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

That first win was a fluke and was later proven during the beat down in the playoffs.

tjbison
11-21-2017, 01:51 AM
Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

That first win was a fluke and was later proven during the beat down in the playoffs.

wasn't really a fluke we were the first team to play them and the gimmick Stitt offense no film and no real way to practice it, second time around with lots of game film it was easy

NDSUstudent
11-21-2017, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I was lurking over at egriz and this post pretty much lays out Stitt's issues perfectly...

Stitt's offense is not built to sustain drives or control the ball. It's not built for the RZ. It's built for big plays which D1 defenses can take away. His program is not built for excellence in defense or special teams. It's built for beating up on weak teams and winning about 60% of the games overall. It's not built for winning conference titles or championships. That is not Montana.

CAS4127
11-21-2017, 01:55 AM
Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

Griz actually ran the ball about 20-30 more times than passed this year. You’re correct on the Defense comment tho. Had Stitt emphasized D more and simply ran a no-huddle offense without the need to hurry the snap every play, I think his system might have worked better.

TAILG8R
11-21-2017, 02:04 AM
Yes, that's exactly what pointing out the difference in where the two programs were at the time of hiring is. Great comprehension.

Well the Griz have not won the mighty Big Fluffy in like 6-7 years and since UN_ has had more recent success I thought maybe the teams were on par. ;)

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 02:10 AM
Well the Griz have not won the might Big Fluffy in like 6-7 years and since UN_ has had the more recent success I thought maybe the teams were on par. ;)

someone else said it best...and for one team this is acceptable and for the other, it is not.

Or as I like to say...

one waits for the worm to turn the other just goes and turns the damn worm.

HerdBot
11-21-2017, 03:44 AM
Griz actually ran the ball about 20-30 more times than passed this year. You’re correct on the Defense comment tho. Had Stitt emphasized D more and simply ran a no-huddle offense without the need to hurry the snap every play, I think his system might have worked better.

I don't think it's the number of runs that make them weak, it's how they run the ball. All shotgun. No Tight end of fullbacks. Not physical. Total garbage. You can win a game with a weird offense but you can't win a Championship. Hell you can't even win the Big Fluffy.

And like you said the defense...