PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff First Round Thread

Pages : [1] 2

NDSUstudent
11-20-2017, 12:40 AM
The bracket is set, the Bison have a bye....may as well breakdown some of the match ups. WIU at Weber State looks like the marquee matchup...

Furman 28 at Elon 27
-Furman goes to Wofford

CCSU 0 at UNH 14
-UNH goes to UCA

Samford 17 at Kennesaw State 28
-Kennesaw State goes to JSU

Lehigh 29 at Stony Brook 59
-Stony Brook goes to JMU

WIU 19 at Weber State 21
-Weber State goes to SUU

USD 38 at Nicholls 31
-South Dakota goes to SHSU

Monmouth 7 at UNI 46
-UNI goes to SDSU

San Diego 41 at NAU 10
-San Diego goes to NDSU

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 12:51 AM
Interesting to see if San Diego can end another Big Fluffy team's season.
I think all MVFC teams advance with ease.

mvfcfan
11-20-2017, 02:33 AM
Filled out my bracket. Here are my round by round picks

First Round
Stony Brook
Weber State
UNI
New Hampshire
Samford
South Dakota
Elon
Northern Arizona

Second Round
James Madison
Southern Utah
UNI
Central Arkansas
Jacksonville St
South Dakota
Wofford
North Dakota State

Quarterfinals
James Madison
UNI
South Dakota
North Dakota State

Semifinals
UNI
NDSU

Final
North Dakota State

Bisonwinagn
11-20-2017, 03:18 AM
I really don't see UNI beating SDSU again unless the weather is really bad. They have a week off to rest and prepare.

NDSU1980
11-20-2017, 03:24 AM
Filled out my bracket. Here are my round by round picks

First Round
Stony Brook
Weber State
UNI
New Hampshire
Samford
South Dakota
Elon
Northern Arizona

Second Round
James Madison
Southern Utah
UNI
Central Arkansas
Jacksonville St
South Dakota
Wofford
North Dakota State

Quarterfinals
James Madison
UNI
South Dakota
North Dakota State

Semifinals
UNI
NDSU

Final
North Dakota State

If it's an all Valley final again like it was against ISU, you can bet every Valley team next year is going be on the same side of the bracket and will meet each other as soon as possible.

ndsubison1
11-20-2017, 03:28 AM
Sdsu UCA if they play, could be high scoring

bisonaudit
11-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Sagarin's take on the lines home team in bold:

Stony Brook -19.0 over Lehigh 92%
Western Illinois -1.5 over Weber State 55%
Northern Iowa -20.5 over Monmouth-NJ 93%
New Hampshire -7.0 over Central Connecticut 70% (I can't believe UNH made the tournament AGAIN. Who do they have pictures of?)
Kennesaw State -1.0 over Samford 53%
South Dakota -16.5 over Nicholls State 89% (bully for them putting in a bid but they shouldn't be in the tournament, worst at-large of the year)
Furman -7.0 over Elon 69%
Northern Arizona -14.5 over San Diego 86%

Straigh-up just a smidge over 6 out of 8 correct would be a good day for the projection.

3 road dogs and one home game inside the advantage. Stupid bids.

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 11:18 AM
If it's an all Valley final again like it was against ISU, you can bet every Valley team next year is going be on the same side of the bracket and will meet each other as soon as possible.

I mentioned this same thing to a buddy when looking at the brackets after it came out.

scottietohottie
11-20-2017, 11:29 AM
I mentioned this same thing to a buddy when looking at the brackets after it came out.

The mvfc should just break away and be like the ivy league. Just play for the mvfc championship.

tjbison
11-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Assuming all these are ESPN3 again?

tony
11-20-2017, 12:56 PM
ISU-Red @ Northern Arizona box score from earlier this year: http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400950881

NAU won by 3 TDs. Almost 500 yards of offense to ISU-Red's 300. They were +3 on TOs. ISU-Red only rushed for 63 yards.

San Diego got stomped by UC Davis (5-6) and lost a closer game to Princeton (5-5) - however, Princeton was pretty good this year (all their losses were very close and most of their wins were blowouts.)

Bison 4 Life
11-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Assuming all these are ESPN3 again?

probably. Has the app removed the multiple screen option? I think I tried it a couple weeks ago and couldn't do it. I watched 4-6 games at a time last year.

semobison
11-20-2017, 01:10 PM
The last time a team from the Big Sky not named Eagles, Griz or Cats won a playoff game was in 2008 when Weber beat Cal Poly!

semobison
11-20-2017, 01:20 PM
ISU-Red @ Northern Arizona box score from earlier this year: http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400950881

NAU won by 3 TDs. Almost 500 yards of offense to ISU-Red's 300. They were +3 on TOs. ISU-Red only rushed for 63 yards.

San Diego got stomped by UC Davis (5-6) and lost a closer game to Princeton (5-5) - however, Princeton was pretty good this year (all their losses were very close and most of their wins were blowouts.)

NAU in their two home games against Valley teams rushed for 85 yards and threw for 624. Their only home loss this year was to the Leathernecks. On the road they were 2-3.....but, are we getting ahead of ourselves? I remember talking about our likely game against Cal Poly last year...

bruinbison
11-20-2017, 01:49 PM
NAU in their two home games against Valley teams rushed for 85 yards and threw for 624. Their only home loss this year was to the Leathernecks. On the road they were 2-3.....but, are we getting ahead of ourselves? I remember talking about our likely game against Cal Poly last year...

I’m going to do exactly that, and am interested to see Northern Arizona come to Fargo.
We saw the plucky underdog, non-scholly San Diego team last year, so hoping to see Big Sky name-brand QB Case Cookus. Cookus was the 2015 STATS FCS Freshman of the Year.
Is he a future NFL player, or just a Big Fluffy Phenom? Would be fun to see.

Cookus got extra famous for being ejected for targeting on his block against Montana in the 1st half. NAU ended up losing 17-15 in Missoula, so it may have affected the outcome. How many QB’s will ever get ejected for targeting?
Judge for yourself......

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/nau/2017/11/04/northern-arizona-case-cookus-quarterback-targeting-ejection-montana-football/833022001/

Northern Arizona also has a lame duck Head Coach, Jerome Souers, so they can win one more home game for him before before going on the road to Fargo.

http://azdailysun.com/sports/local/souers-nonrenewal-success-puts-nau-in-awkward-spot/article_4d25d7f5-7469-5b86-8a52-191524c85dc3.html

OatmealWicket92
11-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Figure I will just throw my bracket up.

https://imgur.com/dvsNYf1

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 03:34 PM

I am not sure if that is good or bad, because that is what my bracket was looking like as well. Great minds think alike???

SiouxFallsHerd
11-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Crazy. My bracket is identical except for SDSU/NDSU final!

MrSnuffleupagus
11-20-2017, 04:05 PM
probably. Has the app removed the multiple screen option? I think I tried it a couple weeks ago and couldn't do it. I watched 4-6 games at a time last year.

Worked on the Apple TV 4k last week

OatmealWicket92
11-20-2017, 04:14 PM
I am not sure if that is good or bad, because that is what my bracket was looking like as well. Great minds think alike???

This bracket felt really painless to fill out.

mvfcfan
11-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Yeah I picked UNI over SDSU just because UNI beat them 38-18 earlier in the year, and that was probably the hardest game to pick in the bracket for me. I do think that whoever wins between SDSU and UNI is going to make it to at least the semifinals. And both teams have the talent to beat James Madison.

I also think the potential second round game between Stony Brook and James Madison could end up being pretty close.

What would be really cool is an all Valley final 4, but I'd take 3 of 4.

DM05
11-20-2017, 04:28 PM

Attached NAU depth chart from their final regular season game against Southern Utah.

Looks like a smaller O-line, 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 defense with small corners. They also rank #106 in rushing defense, 207 yards/game, 4.80 yards/rush.

BisManBison
11-20-2017, 04:31 PM

Attached NAU depth chart from their final regular season game against Southern Utah.

Looks like a smaller O-line, 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 defense with small corners. They also rank #106 in rushing defense, 207 yards/game, 4.80 yards/rush.

I like that!

17>1
11-20-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm pulling for NAU to win as I get more excited when different teams come to Fargo for the playoffs.

EightyfourBison
11-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Anish just stated on Bison 1660 that he more than likely will not be on PxP for the playoff run.:(

Hammerhead
11-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Anish just stated on Bison 1660 that he more than likely will not be on PxP for the playoff run.:(

He must be moving up at ESPN and no longer calling "junior varsity" games.

oldmantutters
11-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Yeah I picked UNI over SDSU just because UNI beat them 38-18 earlier in the year, and that was probably the hardest game to pick in the bracket for me. I do think that whoever wins between SDSU and UNI is going to make it to at least the semifinals. And both teams have the talent to beat James Madison.

I also think the potential second round game between Stony Brook and James Madison could end up being pretty close.

I am not hoping for that. If it does happen, kids the committee ever splitting up a conference like it did this year good bye. They'll never let it be a possibility again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
11-20-2017, 05:56 PM
I am not hoping for that. If it does happen, kids the committee ever splitting up a conference like it did this year good bye. They'll never let it be a possibility again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I would agree with your post as for a reaction to the rest of FCS. But the rest of the FCS should try and beat our conference then. If you don't like us winning championships, stop us. It really is that simple.

ZHerd
11-20-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping we get to play NAU (someone new) and I'm ultimately hoping its an NDSU vs JMU final. I think we are the only team in this playoff field that has any shot at beating them.

ZHerd
11-20-2017, 06:18 PM

I don't think SDSU has the balance to beat JMU. JMU is the only team in the field with a dominant defense and their offense is better than people think. I doubt the Jacks make it to 17pts against JMU

Christopher Moen
11-20-2017, 06:20 PM

He's pretty good, and in my opinion, better than many of the play by play/color commentators that do the prime time games (college and professionally).

TinyBisonFan
11-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I don't think SDSU has the balance to beat JMU. JMU is the only team in the field with a dominant defense and their offense is better than people think. I doubt the Jacks make it to 17pts against JMU

I certainly disagree with that. You may think I am overestimating the MVFC here, but SDSU had arguably the best offense in the best conference in all of football. If NDSU played in the CAA, nobody would have scored on us either. I think SDSU can certainly hang with JMU. That would be a great game to watch.

ZHerd
11-20-2017, 06:53 PM
I certainly disagree with that. You may think I am overestimating the MVFC here, but SDSU had arguably the best offense in the best conference in all of football. If NDSU played in the CAA, nobody would have scored on us either. I think SDSU can certainly hang with JMU. That would be a great game to watch.

Maybe, I could be overestimating JMU. Playoffs will prove one way or other. I'm just glad they spread the MVC out better this time

TinyBisonFan
11-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Maybe, I could be overestimating JMU. Playoffs will prove one way or other. I'm just glad they spread the MVC out better this time

Absolutely. I am just hoping that the MVFC lives up to the hype they have gotten all season. Should be a great playoffs!

Bison Fan 17
11-20-2017, 07:05 PM

There is something about having Anish and Ahmad Brooks calling NDSU playoff games on ESPN that is very comforting. They are both pros and know what they are talking about. Maybe its cuz they have called a bunch of them and we are just used to it the last 6 years!!

Anish mentioned wanting to come to a Bison game and just hang out and tailgate someday. Could only imagine the red carpet treatment he would get.

TransAmBison
11-20-2017, 07:35 PM
There is something about having Anish and Ahmad Brooks calling NDSU playoff games on ESPN that is very comforting. They are both pros and know what they are talking about. Maybe its cuz they have called a bunch of them and we are just used to it the last 6 years!!

Anish mentioned wanting to come to a Bison game and just hang out and tailgate someday. Could only imagine the red carpet treatment he would get.I imagine Anish throwing down jag bombs with SD, heading over to the Frisco Cruiser for Endzone Bombs...and then getting kicked out of Section 21 for disorderly conduct.

Christopher Moen
11-20-2017, 07:43 PM

Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out hard good JMU's defense is due to their schedule. I feel they're pretty good, but wouldn't be as good if they played in the MVFC.

On a similar note, how does JSU's defense get so much praise playing in a crappy conference?

Lastly, SDSU's offense gets way too much praise on this board compared to NDSU's offense, despite the numbers showing they're pretty close to each other (http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs)

I'm looking forward to NDSU making another run for the National Championship, which I feel will end up with us storming the field.

Bison 4 Life
11-20-2017, 07:55 PM
Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out hard good JMU's defense is due to their schedule. I feel they're pretty good, but wouldn't be as good if they played in the MVFC.

On a similar note, how does JSU's defense get so much praise playing in a crappy conference?

Lastly, SDSU's offense gets way too much praise on this board compared to NDSU's offense, despite the numbers showing they're pretty close to each other (http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs)

I'm looking forward to NDSU making another run for the National Championship, which I feel will end up with us storming the field.

They played 2 teams in the top 25 and zero in the top 10.

Kujava23
11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
The bracket is set, the Bison have a bye....may as well breakdown some of the match ups. WIU at Weber State looks like the marquee matchup...

Furman(7-4) at Elon(8-3) noon
-Winner goes to Wofford

CCSU(8-3) at UNH(7-4) 1:00 pm
-Winner goes to UCA

Samford(8-3) at Kennesaw State(10-1) 1:00 pm
-Winner goes to JSU

Lehigh(5-6) at Stony Brook(9-2) 1:00 pm
-Winner goes to JMU

WIU(8-3) at Weber State(9-2) 3:00 pm
-Winner goes to SUU

USD(7-4) at Nicholls(8-3) 3:00 pm
-Winner goes to SHSU

Monmouth(9-2) at UNI(7-4) 4:00 pm
-Winner goes to SDSU

San Diego(9-2) at NAU(7-4) 7:00 pm
-Winner goes to NDSU

MY FIRST ROUND PICKS WITH SCORES

Stony Brook 34 Lehigh 13

Western Illinois 28 Weber St. 17

Northern Iowa 42 Monmouth 6

New Hampshire 33 Central Connecticut St. 20

Samford 27 Kennesaw St. 14

South Dakota 28 Nicholls St. 16

Elon 35 Furman 27

Northern Arizona 24 San Diego 20

Christopher Moen
11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
They played 2 teams in the top 25 and zero in the top 10.

JMU or JSU? I'm guessing JSU.

Bison 4 Life
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
JMU or JSU? I'm guessing JSU.

JMU

I don't know that JSU played anyone in the top 15. Not sure where Chatty or APSU would have been.

GRAFTONBISON
11-20-2017, 08:14 PM
I imagine Anish throwing down jag bombs with SD, heading over to the Frisco Cruiser for Endzone Bombs...and then getting kicked out of Section 21 for disorderly conduct.

Disorderly conduct in Section 21 is defined as actually having a pulse, correct? :biggrin:

TransAmBison
11-20-2017, 08:17 PM
MY FIRST ROUND PICKS WITH SCORES

Stony Brook 34 Lehigh 13

Western Illinois 28 Weber St. 17

Northern Iowa 42 Monmouth 6

New Hampshire 33 Central Connecticut St. 20

Samford 27 Kennesaw St. 14

South Dakota 28 Nicholls St. 16

Elon 35 Furman 27

Northern Arizona 24 San Diego 20Seems reasonable except for USD vs Nicholls St. USD will score way more than 28 on them.

semobison
11-20-2017, 08:20 PM

When comparing stats against other Valley teams I like to look at conference only stats. It's a comparison of similar competition. SDSU averages 40 more yards of offense but gives up almost a 100 more ypg on defense in conference play. Do you really want to use our stats against MV or Bob Morris. I call that inflation! And, although it's not as good as the Valley I wouldn't call the CAA a crappy conference!

NDSUSR
11-20-2017, 08:23 PM
I am calling Weber for the upset. Weber by 3.

Christopher Moen
11-20-2017, 08:25 PM
JMU

I don't know that JSU played anyone in the top 15. Not sure where Chatty or APSU would have been.

Dang, both played a light schedule. That can hurt both teams come QFs.

DM05
11-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Average FCS Total offense rank (123 total teams)
NDSU opponents: 56.2 with 5 games against top 40
JMU opponents: 77.2 with 1 game against top 40 (plus East Carolina: #47 in FBS)
JSU opponents: 92.6 with 0 games against top 40 (plus Georgia Tech: #58 in FBS, plus Liberty who would've ranked 13 in FCS this season)

Rock
11-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Lot of reports that ESPN is going to have another large layoff between thanksgiving and Christmas. Wish Anish the best either way, very professional and does a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
11-20-2017, 11:39 PM
5 Dimes Lines
UNH -9.5
Furman -5.5
Samford/KSU Pk
Stony Brook -19.5
WIU -2
UNI. -22.5
USD -20.5
NAU -23.5

bisonaudit
11-20-2017, 11:47 PM
5 Dimes Lines
UNH -9.5
Furman -5.5
Samford/KSU Pk
Stony Brook -19.5
WIU -2
UNI. -22.5
USD -20.5
NAU -23.5

That NAU number is big. Run toward the smell?

Gully
11-20-2017, 11:53 PM
Lot of reports that ESPN is going to have another large layoff between thanksgiving and Christmas. Wish Anish the best either way, very professional and does a great job.

I wonder if Fox Sports can take advantage of ESPN's idiocy and capture their market share?

tjbison
11-21-2017, 12:54 AM

and its showing in their productions, bush league at beast for some of the shows etc, even the stat people consistently wrong names, schools, logos, etc.. its bad. ESPN used to be the flagship of professional for production, not anymore and getting rid of talent isn't going to help but guessing they will drop higher paid guys

Anish did not sound very positive on anything after the FBS year is over to me and making comments to be at an NDSU game in street clothes sounded like he may know or at least be expecting the worst

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 12:57 AM
I am sure it was on here already, but......Anish will not be calling any of the FCS playoffs. He does a weekly segment on Bison 1600 and spilled the beans today. said he might be here as a fan tho.

56BISON73
11-21-2017, 01:52 AM
and its showing in their productions, bush league at beast for some of the shows etc, even the stat people consistently wrong names, schools, logos, etc.. its bad. ESPN used to be the flagship of professional for production, not anymore and getting rid of talent isn't going to help but guessing they will drop higher paid guys

Anish did not sound very positive on anything after the FBS year is over to me and making comments to be at an NDSU game in street clothes sounded like he may know or at least be expecting the worst

We they fired all of the B and C team announcers. When youve got Desmond Howard calling a MAC game you know they are now working these guys. Bet there are alot of unhappy people there now.

NDSUstudent
11-21-2017, 01:59 AM
So Anish is likely out yet Jamele Hill is still employed??? That says all that needs to be said about the once worldwide leader.

bisonaudit
11-21-2017, 02:02 AM
So Anish is likely out yet Jamele Hill is still employed??? That says all that needs to be said about the once worldwide leader.

Yes. They’re choosing studio talent over booth talent. It’s like when MTV stopped playing music videos.

bruinbison
11-21-2017, 02:41 AM
I’m going to do exactly that, and am interested to see Northern Arizona come to Fargo.
We saw the plucky underdog, non-scholly San Diego team last year, so hoping to see Big Sky name-brand QB Case Cookus. Cookus was the 2015 STATS FCS Freshman of the Year.
Is he a future NFL player, or just a Big Fluffy Phenom? Would be fun to see.

Cookus got extra famous for being ejected for targeting on his block against Montana in the 1st half. NAU ended up losing 17-15 in Missoula, so it may have affected the outcome. How many QB’s will ever get ejected for targeting?
Judge for yourself......

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/nau/2017/11/04/northern-arizona-case-cookus-quarterback-targeting-ejection-montana-football/833022001/

Northern Arizona also has a lame duck Head Coach, Jerome Souers, so they can win one more home game for him before before going on the road to Fargo.

http://azdailysun.com/sports/local/souers-nonrenewal-success-puts-nau-in-awkward-spot/article_4d25d7f5-7469-5b86-8a52-191524c85dc3.html

Change of direction at Northern Arizona - Jerome Souers continues on as head coach, with a promotion of a coordinator to Co-Head Coach. Sounds like the AD who was pushing Souers out is actually now moving on, so the first thing NAU actually needs is a new Athletic Director.

http://nauathletics.com/news/2017/11/20/jerome-souers-to-remain-nau-football-head-coach.aspx

Green1
11-21-2017, 03:14 AM
I am sure it was on here already, but......Anish will not be calling any of the FCS playoffs. He does a weekly segment on Bison 1600 and spilled the beans today. said he might be here as a fan tho.

This sucks. I really enjoyed Anish's call for games. Best of luck to him in the future.

CAS4127
11-21-2017, 03:19 AM
Change of direction at Northern Arizona - Jerome Souers continues on as head coach, with a promotion of a coordinator to Co-Head Coach. Sounds like the AD who was pushing Souers out is actually now moving on, so the first thing NAU actually needs is a new Athletic Director.

http://nauathletics.com/news/2017/11/20/jerome-souers-to-remain-nau-football-head-coach.aspx

NAU’s coach is a pretty likable guy.

bajadanny
11-21-2017, 03:37 AM
This sucks. I really enjoyed Anish's call for games. Best of luck to him in the future.

The guy is a class act, he will be fine

Bison56
11-21-2017, 12:05 PM

Maybe KVLY can sign him.:biggrin:

scbison91
11-21-2017, 05:51 PM
So Anish is likely out yet Jamele Hill is still employed??? That says all that needs to be said about the once worldwide leader. Anish is the lead play by play for Lacrosse for ESPN (his passion) and does a lot of NCAA baseball for them also, so I would be surprised if he is gone..

wagsabison
11-21-2017, 06:53 PM
We they fired all of the B and C team announcers. When youve got Desmond Howard calling a MAC game you know they are now working these guys. Bet there are alot of unhappy people there now.

They still have Jay Walker at least.

BFKasper14
11-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Maybe KVLY can sign him.:biggrin:

Fire LT, put BS as color, and have Anish take over as the pxp. A guy can dream. Anish is the MAN!

tolnabison
11-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Fire LT, put BS as color, and have Anish take over as the pxp. A guy can dream. Anish is the MAN!

And hire Kelly Stewart for pre-game!

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 08:31 PM

i like BS...good man, but he consistently makes errors. maybe as color, it would not be so noticeable. BS and whats his face over in moorhead would be ok...KF

ndsubison1
11-22-2017, 02:36 AM
All of the FCS Spreads on 5 Dimes were taken down

Mr Meaty
11-22-2017, 03:54 AM
All of the FCS Spreads on 5 Dimes were taken down

Too much money going one way.

ndsubison1
11-22-2017, 04:04 AM
Too much money going one way.

NM I take that back, they were added to the main College page

ndsubison1
11-22-2017, 04:10 AM
5 Dimes Lines
UNH -9.5
Furman -5.5
Samford/KSU Pk
Stony Brook -19.5
WIU -2
UNI. -22.5
USD -20.5
NAU -23.5

Line moves
Furman -4.5
UNH -10
WIU -4.5
USD -18.5

scbison91
11-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Has their been any report why SD didn't put in a decent bid to host playoff games?

Gully
11-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Has their been any report why SD didn't put in a decent bid to host playoff games?

Someone said they did but the other teams conference may have stepped up and added some money to make their bid really strong. Who knows. It's still really hard to believe.

scbison91
11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Someone said they did but the other teams conference may have stepped up and added some money to make their bid really strong. Who knows. It's still really hard to believe. especially a school that pays cost of attendance... $ should be that much of a issue I wouldn't think in this situation.

RedRiver
11-22-2017, 01:58 PM
USD did bid, the other team had a better bid because of financial assistance from their conference.

17>1
11-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Any Bisonville gatherings planned for the San Diego/NAU game? I remember the one year there was a good sized group of people that met at Bdubs north. I have my nephews birthday party at 6pm but would like to watch the game somewhere if there was anyone else that was interested.

Mr Meaty
11-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Any Bisonville gatherings planned for the San Diego/NAU game? I remember the one year there was a good sized group of people that met at Bdubs north. I have my nephews birthday party at 6pm but would like to watch the game somewhere if there was anyone else that was interested.

I will be at the Bison Mens BB game at 7:00 that night, logging in once in a while to some FCS score and games of the day. Probably watch some of this game on my phone.

NDGooch
11-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Kind of off topic, but what is the NCAA rule this year for intro gate? Or is it not a big deal because SDSU isn't coming to the dome this year?

Bison 4 Life
11-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Kind of off topic, but what is the NCAA rule this year for intro gate? Or is it not a big deal because SDSU isn't coming to the dome this year?

I would guess it's the same. I don't think they changed the rule book.

scottietohottie
11-22-2017, 03:21 PM

SDSU doesn't want uni to feel like they are the away team so they are only going to fill the stands half full of bunny fans.

TransAmBison
11-22-2017, 03:28 PM
SDSU doesn't want uni to feel like they are the away team so they are only going to fill the stands half full of bunny fans.Half full? Where are they going to get the extra 5,000 fans?

wagsabison
11-22-2017, 03:38 PM
SDSU doesn't want uni to feel like they are the away team so they are only going to fill the stands half full of bunny fans.

NCAA is requiring SDSU put a garage door in one end zone as well.

oldmantutters
11-22-2017, 03:56 PM

I will be trudging through fields north of Carrington trying to fill a buck tag.

gumby013
11-22-2017, 04:50 PM
San Diego Game Notes

http://www.usdtoreros.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112117aaa.html

Northern Arizona Game Notes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/nau.sidearmsports.com/documents/2017/11/21/FB_Game_Notes_San_Diego.pdf

BisonLaw
11-22-2017, 05:37 PM

I was wondering this too. My guess is there will be little consistency across the playoff field. Some schools (like NDSU and JMU) will likely get the other schools videos and play them because they had to last year, some away schools may opt out of having theirs played because there is literally no point, and some home schools simply won't even ask for the video because they don't even know the stupid rule or don't care. The rule actually doesn't apply to a school like UCA or Wofford, because no one cares.

BattleBorn
11-22-2017, 05:59 PM
NCAA is requiring SDSU put a garage door in one end zone as well.

I hope the paint has time to dry for this year’s playoff appearance.

BisonLaw
11-22-2017, 06:23 PM
I hope the paint has time to dry for this year’s playoff appearance.

https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/932767941136932865

Christopher Moen
11-22-2017, 06:32 PM

After looking through their twitter page, I saw that they have a new QB playing the past two games (Missouri State and Indiana State).

http://www.unipanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3692

EndZoneQB
11-22-2017, 07:39 PM
After looking through their twitter page, I saw that they have a new QB playing the past two games (Missouri State and Indiana State).

http://www.unipanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3692

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/college-football-farley-says-dunne-will-play-saturday-if-cleared/article_293e54e2-49fe-5ae9-a1b0-ac1bddf7f8c2.html

Dunne was hurt with 5 minutes, 1 second left in the first quarter when he scrambled away from a potential sack. As he dove forward, he was hit hard in the chest and Farley said it is an injury to the sternum that is bothering Dunne more than anything.

EC8CH
11-23-2017, 02:51 AM

The Purple Wall of Participation!

Bison"FANatic"
11-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Participation trophy for you and you and you and you and you, everybody gets a Trophy!!!!

Bisonfanatical
11-23-2017, 11:37 AM
NCAA is requiring SDSU put a garage door in one end zone as well.Gotta love this post [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bison Bridge Guy
11-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Not that any of us need much motivation to watch the FCS playoffs, but I thought this was a good article on why college football fans should watch.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/24/16666322/fcs-playoffs-teams-format-explained-works

BisonNeil
11-24-2017, 03:11 PM
The last time a team from the Big Sky not named Eagles, Griz or Cats won a playoff game was in 2008 when Weber beat Cal Poly!

Now there is a factoid nugget!!!

NDSUstudent
11-24-2017, 08:46 PM
ESPN Extra TV schedule(Direct TV Channels)

Furman at Elon noon Channel 790
Lehigh at Stony Brook 1:00 pm Channel 793
CCSU at UNH 1:00 pm Channel 794
Samford at Kennesaw State 1:00 pm Channel 795
WIU at Weber State 3:00 pm Channel 788
USD at Nicholls State 3:00 pm Channel 789
Monmouth at UNI 4:00 pm Channel 790
San Diego at NAU 7:00 pm Channel 788

FCS Nation
11-24-2017, 08:52 PM
ESPN Extra TV schedule(Direct TV Channels)

Furman at Elon noon Channel 790
Lehigh at Stony Brook 1:00 pm Channel 793
CCSU at UNH 1:00 pm Channel 794
Samford at Kennesaw State 1:00 pm Channel 795
WIU at Weber State 3:00 pm Channel 788
USD at Nicholls State 3:00 pm Channel 789
Monmouth at UNI 4:00 pm Channel 790
San Diego at NAU 7:00 pm Channel 788

vermin
Seavolves
yankees
Kennesaw
grillmasters
Colonels
uni
nau

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 05:57 PM
14-7 Furman up on Elon.

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2017, 05:59 PM
nice play by furman

tjbison
11-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Yes please to playing either of these teams

gumby013
11-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Elon’s 3-3-5 looks tasty.

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Elon’s 3-3-5 looks tasty.

yea 0 chance we see them. i believe audit has them at -5% chance making it to the semis

tjbison
11-25-2017, 06:07 PM
yea 0 chance we see them. i believe audit has them at -5% chance making it to the semis

We can hope right

ndsubison1
11-25-2017, 06:12 PM
We would beat up on Elon or Furman

56BISON73
11-25-2017, 06:15 PM
We would beat up on Elon or Furman

There footwork is terrible.

UncleBuck
11-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Just link surfing at ESPN3.

Scary scene at the North Texas - Rice game. Rice running back down on the field, stretcher out, I don't think I've ever seen them cut off the pads and jersey on the field.

Hammerhead
11-25-2017, 06:23 PM
I’m getting hungry watching Kennesaw State with their helmets that say E. A. T. Had to google it and it stands for energy.”, toughness and attitude.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Yes please to playing either of these teams

Be careful what you wish for. vermin is a pretty damn good team.

Listerine and a toothbrush please...

gumby013
11-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Flipping around games.

So. Much. Option.

NovaBison
11-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Have all 4 games up on one screen!!! Awesome

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 06:42 PM
#44 for CCSU looks like a pretty good player...

tjbison
11-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Be careful what you wish for. vermin is a pretty damn good team.

Listerine and a toothbrush please...

Ok...........

marenlee
11-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Really liking Kennesaw State’s program. Best fan support of any game by far.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 06:51 PM
14 Furman
7 Elon
early 3Q

7 Kennesaw State
3 Samford
early 2Q

7 Stony Brook
0 Lehigh
early 2Q

7 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
mid 2Q

South Dakota
Nicholls
about to start

Bisonator98
11-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the CAA sucks this year? Elon is the 3rd best team in the CAA?? Yeesh

KilldeerBison
11-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Lehigh has a very good passing QB.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Kennesaw looks decent, could see them giving JSU some issues.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 07:00 PM
Elon's Coach Curt Cignetti was Phillip Rivers' QB Coach at NCST and was on Nick Saban's staff at Alabama. He knows how to coach.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 07:07 PM
14 Furman
14 Elon
mid 3Q

7 Kennesaw State
3 Samford
mid 2Q

10 Stony Brook
7 Lehigh
mid 2Q

7 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
late 2Q

South Dakota
Nicholls
3:00 start

Western Illinois
Weber State

Northern Iowa
Monmouth
4:00 start

San Diego
Northern Arizona
7:00 start

NovaBison
11-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Kennesaw looks decent, could see them giving JSU some issues.

Definitely! Fun team to watch

Milkman
11-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Just heard on the radio an ad for the FCS playoffs during the Ohio State Michigan game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
11-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Why does espn3 say your event is in a commercial time out during breaks? Do they have commercials on college gameplan?

bri-dog
11-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Why does espn3 say your event is in a commercial time out during breaks? Do they have commercials on college gameplan?

Yes. Usually the same 3 or 4. Usually in the same order.

bri-dog
11-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Kennesaw goes up 21-10 with 5 seconds to go in the first half.

gumby013
11-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Elon should change their mascot to the Muskrats.

Eastern Michigan should be the Emus.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 07:38 PM
28 Furman
21 Elon
early 4Q

21 Kennesaw State
10 Samford
halftime

24 Stony Brook
14 Lehigh
late 2Q

7 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
halftime

South Dakota
Nicholls

Western Illinois
Weber State

Northern Iowa
Monmouth

San Diego
Northern Arizona

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 07:46 PM
vermin can run it right down your throat and their QB can REALLY spin it. The furples are a SCARY team...

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 07:50 PM
vermin can run it right down your throat and their QB can REALLY spin it. The furples are a SCARY team...

Sorry, just not seeing it.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Sorry, just not seeing it.

Yeah, I'm not buying it either

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Furman is decent but they have to win here, beat Wofford and by then a lot of these teams just run out of gas if they get that far. They aren't YSU with a dominating defense.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Huge INT for Elon.

ZHerd
11-25-2017, 07:59 PM

Truth is probably directly between this and MVC homer opinions

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Do any of these schools have even one camera stand/riser/whatever to get the "field level" camera up a bit so it's not panning right into the back of the people on the sidelines?

MAKBison
11-25-2017, 08:06 PM
USD white Unis screwing me up :-)

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:07 PM
Furman wins.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 08:08 PM
28 Furman
27 Elon
Final - game decided by a blocked XP

21 Kennesaw State
10 Samford
early 3Q

31 Stony Brook
14 Lehigh
early 3Q

7 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
mid 3Q

0 South Dakota
0 Nicholls
early 1Q

0 Western Illinois
0 Weber State
early 1Q

Northern Iowa
Monmouth

San Diego
Northern Arizona

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:09 PM
UNH had no business being in the playoffs.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 08:10 PM
That TD "catch" by Samford is definitely not a catch.

... and the officials got it right on review.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Truth is probably directly between this and MVC homer opinions

I don't deny my biases. furple is a good team. Will they get by Wofford? I think they probably do. This vermin team started 0-3 and is in the 2nd Round. That's impressive and I don't care who you are...

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 08:14 PM

McNeese should have been in instead of them.

DM05
11-25-2017, 08:17 PM

Agreed. But according to committee they weren't even part of the last two that got in.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:22 PM
CCSU back up QB now hurt. His back up is a redshirt....

tjbison
11-25-2017, 08:23 PM
WIU on the march

USD with a big INT, take over the ball

DM05
11-25-2017, 08:25 PM
This Western Illinois/Weber St game is gonna be a good one.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 08:25 PM
USD scores
Wiu gets a FG

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:27 PM
CCSU kicks a FG and misses, not sure why they didn't just go for it.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 08:28 PM
CCSU back up QB now hurt. His back up is a redshirt....

I didn't think CCSU was eligible for the playoffs.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 08:29 PM
CCSU kicks a FG and misses, not sure why they didn't just go for it.

It surely looked BAD...

tjbison
11-25-2017, 08:30 PM

Central Conn

No_Skill
11-25-2017, 08:30 PM

Are you thinking of Coastal Carolina?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I was, ok on Central Connecticut.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 08:32 PM
28 Furman
27 Elon

21 Kennesaw State
10 Samford
late 3Q

38 Stony Brook
14 Lehigh
late 3Q

7 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
early 4Q

7 South Dakota
0 Nicholls
late 1Q

3 Western Illinois
0 Weber State
late 1Q

Northern Iowa
Monmouth

San Diego
Northern Arizona

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:33 PM
CCSU is completely screwed with their QB situation.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 08:33 PM
Are you thinking of Coastal Carolina?

last CCU game that mattered ended like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbI7VVNpvRI

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't deny my biases. furple is a good team. Will they get by Wofford? I think they probably do. This vermin team started 0-3 and is in the 2nd Round. That's impressive and I don't care who you are...

So you think Furman will come to the Fargodome for another beatdown?

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Kennesaw looking really good...JSU fans must be getting nervous.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Kennesaw looking really good...JSU fans must be getting nervous.

Naw....they have a band

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 08:43 PM
So you think Furman will come to the Fargodome for another beatdown?

I LOVE ANYONE who whips vermin. I'd like to see it!

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 08:54 PM
TD Yotes...14-0.

DM05
11-25-2017, 08:58 PM
McQuire for Western Illinois just had a brain fart: rolling right, no one open, lobbed it up to throw it away but didn't get it out of bounds and it got picked.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 08:59 PM
28 Furman
27 Elon

28 Kennesaw State
17 Samford
mid 4Q

45 Stony Brook
29 Lehigh
early 4Q

14 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
final

14 South Dakota
0 Nicholls
mid 2Q

3 Western Illinois
7 Weber State
mid 2Q

0 Northern Iowa
0 Monmouth
early 1Q

San Diego
Northern Arizona

noryan34
11-25-2017, 09:00 PM
McQuire for Western Illinois just had a brain fart: rolling right, no one open, lobbed it up to throw it away but didn't get it out of bounds and it got picked.

There whole offense is trying to throw this game. Lineman with 3 false starts in first quarter. Wr blocks a guy 10 yards OB and 3-4 s after whistle

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:02 PM
CCSU 0
UNH 14 FINAL

You can write UCA into the quarterfinals on your bracket with your sharpie.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 09:03 PM
CCSU 0
UNH 14 FINAL

You can write UCA into the quarterfinals with your sharpie.

Sad game, playoffs are watered down

NorthernBison
11-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Nielson apparently said the Nicholls D front 7 is the most athletic they have seen all season.

I’m thinking he was trying to say something nice. Several MVFC fronts come to mind.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Sad game, playoffs are watered down

Worst playoff game I have ever watched. CCSU basically conceded the game when their QB went down.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Nielson apparently said the Nicholls D front 7 is the most athletic they have seen all season.

I’m thinking he was trying to say something nice. Several MVFC fronts come to mind.

This and other strange/stupid things said can SOMETIMES make it fun(laughable) to watch these games where the broadcasters have obviously no idea the level of talent in different conferences.

Not 100% having to do with my above comment but my favorite just now was how the commentators said Nichols must be feeling upset because even though they are down by 14 they are ahead in the statistics. 4 plays later "South Dakota now has more yards than Nichols State." Haha, he made it sound like Nichols had 300 yds and USD 50 yds just 2 min prior.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Worst playoff game I have ever watched. CCSU basically conceded the game when their QB went down.

Did they continue to let their RB throw long picks? I quit watching after they decided to put him in at QB for the second possession.

noryan34
11-25-2017, 09:10 PM
Did they continue to let their RB throw long picks? I quit watching after they decided to put him in at QB for the second possession.

Didn’t have much choice. 1st Qb suspended. 2nd an hurt. Options were the wildcat RB or pull a RS and stick in a true freshman

NDSUstudent
TD UNI....the rout is on.

TAILG8R
Didn’t have much choice. 1st Qb suspended. 2nd an hurt. Options were the wildcat RB or pull a RS and stick in a true freshman

Yeah. I think they made the best decision for their program really.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:11 PM

He fumbled on a later drive.

noryan34
11-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Yeah. I think they made the best decision for their program really.

Richmond did it last year right?. Don’t remember if they pulled a RS though

Wally
11-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Holy pitch and catch for Weber

Bison 4 Life
11-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Holy pitch and catch for WeberThat was the best catch I've seen all season

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

tjbison
11-25-2017, 09:15 PM
WIU killing themselves, they look like travel and elevation could be getting to them

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:17 PM
TD Nicholls....pick six.

DM05
11-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Streveler just threw a pick 6 to keep Nicholls in it.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:18 PM
WOW - Streveler throws a pick six late in the first to let Nichols back in the game.

LongLostAlum
11-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Nicholls intercepts USD for TD near end of half. USD up 14-7.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Monmouth players have bricks for hands.

Three drops in a row two WIDE open the other was catchable for sure.

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Western Illinois representing the conference well.

Bison"FANatic"
Wow did Nichols get home field clock work

Milkman
Anyone else getting this vibe when looking at UNI's ugly ass turf?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171125/a6c49b6a4d0763e8c6fca078028b659c.jpg

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Monmouth players have bricks for hands.

Three drops in a row two WIDE open the other was catchable for sure.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/2/2b/Ronniegarvin.png/revision/latest?cb=20140702164915

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Wow did Nichols get home field clock work

Was just going to post this. Every play at the end of the half at least 2-3 seconds would run of after the play was over.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Weber is an MVFC team that happens to play in the big fluffy...

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2017, 09:28 PM
JFC western...chuck it up and see what happens.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Uni 14-0

17-7 usd

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Weber is an MVFC team that happens to play in the big fluffy...

Can we do a last minute switcharoo with UN_?

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:30 PM
TD Farley....UNI up 14-0

NDSUSR
11-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Can we kick Western out of the valley and replace them with Weber? :)

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Anyone else getting this vibe when looking at UNI's ugly ass turf?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171125/a6c49b6a4d0763e8c6fca078028b659c.jpg

Did a cat(panther) get sick in the middle of the field? What the hell is that weird shaped brown section? Holy crap that is hideous!

BisonLaw
11-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Did a cat(panther) get sick in the middle of the field? What the hell is that weird shaped brown section? Holy crap that is hideous!

I think they had a preschooler try to draw the state of Iowa.

gumby013
11-25-2017, 09:41 PM

It’s like someone strategically sprayed roundup.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Some of the paintings I see on Antique Road Show that go for thousands of dollars look like a preschooler did them.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:44 PM
I think they had a preschooler try to draw the state of Iowa.

I thought maybe that was what it was supposed to be. Looked up the shape of Iowa ... hmm

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:45 PM
21-0 UNI...Farley can rest his guys in the second half.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 09:47 PM
21-0 UNI...Farley can rest his guys in the second half.

Worst case deal for SDSU, this is a practice to stay fresh and then a short bus trip to Brookings in what looks like nice weather. Nutmeg I bet is a little stressed

BisonAccountant44
11-25-2017, 09:49 PM
McNeese should have been in instead of them.No way should either McNeese or Nicholls been in the playoffs. The Southland is not a 3 bid league let alone 4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
11-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Does ESPN3 not have the multi screen feature anymore?

Milkman
11-25-2017, 09:51 PM
I was thinking how do you under water turf.

gumby013
11-25-2017, 09:52 PM

Only on AppleTV right now.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Think I'm going to camp on the Western - Weber game for awhile. Seems to be the best football out of the remaining games.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 09:54 PM
28 Furman
27 Elon
final - game decided by a blocked XP

28 Kennesaw State
17 Samford
final

59 Stony Brook
29 Lehigh
final

14 New Hampshire
0 Central Conneticut
final

17 South Dakota
7 Nicholls
early 3Q

6 Western Illinois
14 Weber State
late 3Q

24 Northern Iowa
0 Monmouth
early 2Q

San Diego
Northern Arizona

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 09:55 PM
No way should either McNeese or Nicholls been in the playoffs. The Southland is not a 3 bid league let alone 4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9-2 is 9-2. It ain't like they played in the patsy or pioneer... They deserved it more than UNH did.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Was it Western Illinois that Northern Arizona beat early in the year?

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 09:57 PM

I believe only with AppleTV.

BisonTeacher
11-25-2017, 09:59 PM
I believe only with AppleTV.

Even if your watching on PC?

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 09:59 PM
9-2 is 9-2. It ain't like they played in the patsy or pioneer... They deserved it more than UNH did.

Half of their league is like the Pioneer or Patsy...maybe even worse.

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:02 PM

Disagree. Southland is awful.

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Even if your watching on PC?

Yep. I'm using a PC and watching on separate windows.

BisonTeacher
11-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Yep. I'm using a PC and watching on separate windows.

Oh...separate windows. You're so smart.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Haha Weber goes full Stig. Lines like 7 guys up way out toward the sideline. Throws the ball forward to a guy behind the "Screen" and then he throws a second forward throw incomplete. On 4th down. When they could have kicked a field goal. That had Stiggy written ALL over it,

Hammersmith
11-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Come on Leathernecks. Keep the total MVFC semifinal hopes alive.

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:04 PM

Monmouth was 9-2, and they might lose by 60.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Disagree. Southland is awful.

McNeese would have beaten CCSU by 5Td's. UNH has NO business being in the field.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Monmouth was 9-2, and they might lose by 60.

big South gonna big South....

Their champion is better than the 3rd best SoCon team as Kennesaw proved today. BEST win in Kennesaw, GA since 1864.

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:07 PM
McNeese would have beaten CCSU by 5Td's. UNH has NO business being in the field.

Youngstown and Illinois State would've beaten all of them. But I would rather have teams from quality leagues in the playoffs than more Southland teams. Who did McNeese beat this year?

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 10:08 PM
EWU should have been in instead of UNH. Not McNeese.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Youngstown and Illinois State would've beaten all of them. But I would rather have teams from quality leagues in the playoffs than more Southland teams. Who did McNeese beat this year?

Then pelini and the mustachioed gentleman should have won more games. The only time a 9-2 team should be left out of the field is when they play in the patsy or pioneer leagues.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:11 PM
EWU should have been in instead of UNH. Not McNeese.

a 7-4 big fluffy team is about the same as a 9-2 southland squad so I don't disagree with you but it's 6 to one half a dozen to another...

LongLostAlum
11-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Was it Western Illinois that Northern Arizona beat early in the year?

Northern Arizona lost to Western Illinois by 18, but beat up on Illinois State by 21. Assuming NAU wins today, they could present a pretty tough game for us next week; tougher than a lot of the other cupcakes playing in the first round today.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 10:16 PM
a 7-4 big fluffy team is about the same as a 9-2 southland squad so I don't disagree with you but it's 6 to one half a dozen to another...

Yeah, we can go round and round arguing about these undeserving teams all day.

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Then pelini and the mustachioed gentleman should have won more games. The only time a 9-2 team should be left out of the field is when they play in the patsy or pioneer leagues.

What makes the Southland a quality league? Who did McNeese beat this year? The Southland is awful.

McNeese wins this year: Alcorn State, Florida Tech, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, SF Austin, Incarnate Word, SE Louisiana, Northwestern State, Lamar. So basically a murderers row...Which win proves they are a decent team? SE LA is the best win.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:19 PM
What makes the Southland a quality league? Who did McNeese beat this year? The Southland is awful.

McNeese wins this year: Alcorn State, Florida Tech, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, SF Austin, Incarnate Word, SE Louisiana, Northwestern State, Lamar. So basically a murderers row...Which win proves they are a decent team? SE LA is the best win.

That is simply an embarrassing list of teams in general. Like just to have in your conference.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Western getting smart and stretching things to the outside since the middle has been hard slogging. Looks like a textbook targeting call on Weber as well.

Shows what I know. The hit to helmet was to the side or some shit that doesn't make any sense so no targeting. Lol

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:23 PM

Mississippi Valley, Robert Morris, Missouri St, and Indiana State are juggernauts though right???

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 10:24 PM
If that's the only teams they played, you might have a point.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Mississippi Valley and Robert Morris are juggernauts though right???

You're seriously\ going to compare two ooc games to an entire conference of patsies? You're way smarter than that man.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:26 PM
You're seriously\ going to compare two ooc games to an entire conference of patsies? You're way smarter than that man.

Don't forget Mo State and Indiana St....

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Don't forget Mo State and Indiana St....

And how do you think those teams would fair against that murderer's row? I'd take .500

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 10:27 PM
If those were the only 4 teams they played, you might have a point.

LongLostAlum
11-25-2017, 10:27 PM
Nichols making a game of it. 24-21 USD, late 3rd QTR.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Half of the Southland is literally a burning dumpster of awful.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
Having said that, Indiana State and Missouri State would beat some of these teams in the playoffs.

BisonTeacher

It is 24-21

DM05
Mississippi Valley and Robert Morris are juggernauts though right???

So all those teams I listed were out of conference teams for McNeese? And you are seriously going to bring up NDSU's schedule as comparison? Interesting...

Has anyone ever said MVSU and Robert Morris were even slightly below average teams? They were awful, and I'm sure those wins did nothing for NDSU in the eyes of the committee.

I'll ask again since I haven't seen an answer: What makes the Southland a quality league, and which win proves McNeese is decent and deserving of a bid?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-25-2017, 10:30 PM

4th Quarter should do Nicholls in.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Streveler destroying them....having fun not playing against NDSU or UNI's front seven.

LongLostAlum
11-25-2017, 10:32 PM
Streveler throws 75 yd TD pass. USD up by 10.

BisonTeacher
11-25-2017, 10:32 PM
Streveler destroying them....having fun not playing against NDSU or UNI's front seven.

31-21 use that quick

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:33 PM
That was quick 31-21 USD.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:33 PM
So all those teams I listed were out of conference teams for McNeese? And you are seriously going to bring up NDSU's schedule as comparison? Interesting...

Has anyone ever said MVSU and Robert Morris were even slightly below average teams? They were awful, and I'm sure those wins did nothing for NDSU in the eyes of the committee.

I'll ask again since I haven't seen an answer: What makes the Southland a quality league, and which win proves McNeese is decent and deserving of a bid?

I never said the Southland was a quality league THIS year. McNeese played as tough of an OOC schedule as NDSU did,which isn't saying much, and finished 9-2. They wouldbeat UNH by MULTIPLE touchdowns...

LongLostAlum
11-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Nicholls QB breaks off big run at end of 3rd QTR. Pretty entertaining game.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:36 PM
I never said the Southland was a quality league THIS year. McNeese played as tough of an OOC schedule as NDSU did,which isn't saying much, and finished 9-2. They wouldbeat UNH by MULTIPLE touchdowns...

But when your conference sucks you need to play a much better ooc imo. Otherwise your 9-2 record is hollow.

FCS Nation
11-25-2017, 10:40 PM
But when your conference sucks you need to play a much better ooc imo. Otherwise your 9-2 record is hollow.

So when this years schedule was completed 5 years ago the AD at McNeese should have known that the Southland was going to be down in 2017...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZFQFf_Vb0Hw/hqdefault.jpg

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:41 PM
I never said the Southland was a quality league THIS year. McNeese played as tough of an OOC schedule as NDSU did,which isn't saying much, and finished 9-2. They would beat UNH by MULTIPLE touchdowns...

Wow.....wow. Florida tech is division 2. Alcorn State is about equal to their conference opponents Northwestern St, Abilene Christian, and SF Austin. They scheduled those teams knowing their conference was dogshit.

I'll give you the fact that MVSU and Bob Morris are awful, but we also played EWU on the road.

DM05
11-25-2017, 10:42 PM
So when this years schedule was completed 5 years ago the AD at McNeese should have known that the Southland was going to be down in 2017...

When HAS the southland been good?!?!?

NDSUstudent
11-25-2017, 10:43 PM
The problem with the SLC is that they lost Texas State and then added multiple garbage programs and then decided to play an extra conference game. Their SOS issues are a problem entirely of their own making.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:43 PM

When your conf is not consistently good and you want to find your way into the playoffs, yes you have to schedule tougher games. Or get into a conf that is worth a shit. Or put pressure on your conf mates to give a shit about playing good football year after year.

TAILG8R
11-25-2017, 10:44 PM
Not looking good for Wester Ill. Thought maybe they had turned a corner after that last drive but they had no answer on defense.