PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. UNC Game this weekend

BisonBacker
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok everyone since its not been started lets see here your predictions on this weekends game.
I say NDSU continues on its winning ways but it won't be an easy game as UNC always plays NDSU tough. UNC has had a disappointing season and has won the last few meetings with NDSU so I say its time NDSU has a little payback. My prediction
NDSU 27 UNC 17

kchats
11-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Offense is still struggling but the defense was back in form last week. I expect a tight low scoring game with some major help from the defense getting turnovers and Shamen in returns to give the Bison a slight edge. Bison 17 UNC 14.

Flintstone
11-01-2005, 06:58 PM
NDSU 31
UNC 17

bisonaudit
11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Any indication is this game is going to be available on DirectTV?

dabearsrule
11-01-2005, 07:13 PM
We (UNC) has a very good offense with the best RB in the conference (Andre Wilson), but he may be out with a high ankle sprain. We have a bad defense though, it's very young. I think you guys win this one.

NDSU - 41,
UNC 21.

roadwarrior
11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Any indication is this game is going to be available on DirectTV?

Probably the only way that you will be able to watch this game is on the web through "all-access" on gobison.com.

met1990
11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Is this the last time we'll see these two teams play? Or do you think they'll be scheduled in the future?

JACKGUYII
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Bison kick their A$$!

swany_spectrum
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd guess they will continute to schedule each other, the familarity with opponents helps put fans in the stands, etc.

The Bears have had our number as of late, but I think the Bison bust out of that funk. I'm thinking a 27-14 type of score (UNC scores a meaningless TD late).

What happened to the tight end in the Bison offense? They were used heavily the first few games but have been dormat for awhile. You'd think throwing to the TE (and now FB Jangula) out of the backfield would open up the vertical passing game (and the running game).

I'd call this a must win for NDSU. Let me tell you why. They are favored. A loss headed into the Dakota Marker week would be bad for attendance and moral (and the next two games are very winnable, before we travel to Carbondale for the biggest test of the year in a tough Southern Illinois team). If the Bison win out they may be able to accomplish their goal of finishing in the Top 10.

Looking forward to the game and some good tailgating!

GFBisonFan
11-01-2005, 09:22 PM
NDSU 31
UNC 10

get back to the winning ways

Attendance 12500

footballfan
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Bison over UNC by 4 TD's

Go Jacks !!!!!!

dabearsrule
11-01-2005, 10:42 PM
You guys are more the welcome ofcourse to come on over to our fan site and discuss the upcoming game: http://uncbears.proboards27.com/index.cgi

Bisonguy
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM
We (UNC) has a very good offense with the best RB in the conference (Andre Wilson), but he may be out with a high ankle sprain. *We have a bad defense though, it's very young. *I think you guys win this one. *

NDSU - 41,
UNC 21.

Not so fast, my friend. UNC's D might be bad, but NDSU's O has been pretty anemic in recent weeks, although it did appear to return against SUU.

I think it will be a close game.

It might come down to NDSU's D against UNC's O- that or a special teams play.

WYOBISONMAN
11-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Not so fast, my friend. UNC's D might be bad, but NDSU's O has been pretty anemic in recent weeks, although it did appear to return against SUU.

I think it will be a close game.

It might come down to NDSU's D against UNC's O- that or a special teams play.

The offense struggled against SUU too. A lot of holding penalties and some real poor play. There needs to be more blocking an less holding.

Gamehunter
11-01-2005, 11:34 PM
I like the Bison's chances of shutting down the run as they have basically done all year long, which is probably the only way UNC could win. Andre Wilson is a stud, but aside from Nicholes putting up 200+ yards on the ground (they are averaging 400+ almost every game) I havn't seen to many teams run effectively against the Bison, but passing seems to be the weakness. NDSU needs to come out with a game plan on offense to take control early, like the very first 'O' play in the Weber State game. I think the NDSU O should have a good day on the scoreboard because of a young UNC D, but by no means are NDSU's offensive troubles solved....

NDSU 35-14 UNC

sambini
11-02-2005, 12:51 AM
NDSU 27 UNC 12

roadwarrior
11-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Tony has the game time incorrect on the home page so I hope we all know its at 1:00pm.

dabearsrule
11-02-2005, 01:59 AM
*Andre Wilson is a stud,

You're right X-Factor he is a stud, but he might not play on Saturday. We have depth there, but he probably gives us the best chance of pulling off the upset. If he stays healthy and we keep your offense off the field, it might be closer then people think, but I just don't see it happening. (I hate being a realist) ;)

BisonBryce
11-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Tony has the game time incorrect on the home page so I hope we all know its at 1:00pm.

which means tailgating at 8am. see you bright and early.

JBB
11-02-2005, 04:10 AM
I wont be there until at least 10:30
8)

swany_spectrum
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
i'll be there with bells on at 8a.

worth noting that the bison pass D is ranked #1 in the conference. they've been scapegoated a bit (I feel). every secondary gives up big plays from time to time, it's the nature of the game. but numerous of those plays have resulted (like the early TD for SUU last week) when the QB has had 8 minutes to throw the ball. the best d-backs in the world can't stay with a receiver for 8-10 seconds. what happened to the QB pressure? the bison front 4 et al put the heat on QBs early but we haven't seen that in recent weeks. maybe it is the competition, maybe we are scheming differently, not sure.

i do know it is fun as heck to watch Joe Mays light people up. makes me laugh. ;D

Gamehunter
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I know one thing for sure and that is I can't remember a time when I have seen more pressure put on a QB than in the Weber State game. Since then Weber has done quite well, and is on the verge of even being ranked in the polls. Seems like the reverse has become true of the Bison for whatever reason. The most likely scenario is that other teams are improving throughout the season and it seems as though the Bison are at about the same level of play as from the beginning. Maybe one of these next few games the Offense will break out of its shell and make more plays.

JBB
11-03-2005, 02:16 AM
This game really boils down to the UNC passing game, the best in the GWFC. They score most of their pts through the air and rely on it for the bulk of their yds. Stop that and you win the game. If you dont stop it you will have to outscore them so you will need more than 29 pts. Fortunately the BISON avg 29.4. We remain balanced if not league leading in rushing but the defense is among the best. I think the BISON can establish the running game, control the ball and score. Let the defense hold and its a BISON win.

BisonSig
11-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Bison win in the *shhhhhh* dome. If the game were in Greeley, UNC wins easily. Why? Because in the *shhhhhh* dome a lot of good things seem to happen, all revolving around the speed of a certain little Giant name Shamen.

bisoneer
11-03-2005, 04:59 AM
I say coach Bohl has his team ready and not overconfident, he gets the passing game clicking to set up the run, blitz Mays some, have a pick from Babich in the second quarter to set up a 20 yd. Steffes TD run, then Bison win 30 - 24 with a late defensive stop when UNC goes for it on 4th down at our 30 and we sack the QB to end it at the buzzer, attendance = 14000.

On Bison!!

BraxtonT
11-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Bison 24
UNC 13

Attendance: 10,392

Too damn many deer hunters!!!

Fargo South and a couple of other high school games will cut the attendance way down, also.

In the future, hopefully, the athletic department will be smart enough to have a 7:00 P.M. start time for any games scheduled on this weekend of the year.

I would be at kickoff if it were at 4:00 in the morning, but there are a lot of folks who don't put the Bison FB game as their #1 priority.

Hope I'm wrong on the attendance figure.

Yellow
11-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Fargo South Plays at bismark

tony
11-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I predict a close game and will be happy if the attendance is over 10,000 becaise last time UNC came to Fargo this time of year, attendance was around 7,000 - on the other hand, that was the Bad Season.

BisonBacker
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Bison 24
UNC *13

Attendance: *10,392

Too damn many deer hunters!!!

Fargo South and a couple of other high school games will cut the attendance way down, also.

In the future, hopefully, the athletic department will be smart enough to have a 7:00 P.M. start time for any games scheduled on this weekend of the year. *

I would be at kickoff if it were at 4:00 in the morning, but there are a lot of folks who don't put the Bison FB game as their #1 priority.

Hope I'm wrong on the attendance figure.
I'm one of those dam deer hunters and would have been happy had the game been scheduled for 7pm I would have been at the game then too. Maybe next year but I will be listening to the boys on the radio. ;D

swany_spectrum
11-03-2005, 04:06 PM
with the deer opener friday at noon it was silly to schedule this game for 1p. *i'll be happy with 10,000 and a half filled student section (i know back in the day 4 of my 6 roommates left to get their deer on the thursday before the opener-to drive to 2k2). *damn glad they did too, had a deep freeze full of the stuff all winter, and it is tasty. *nothing beats cold brew and deer sausage, the stuff dreams are made of. *except goose jerkey, got a bud who makes that stuff, i'd walk over hot coals to get it.

should be a fairly quiet weekend to be in fargo with the opener and ND high school football playoffs. *but it's like they say, its quality not quantity, and there will be plenty of quality in the west lot of the Dome Saturday morning cause we're going on a bear hunt!

GFBisonFan
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I am a deer hunter and will be there-hopefully with a nice rack in the truck already. Hey I've got three weeks to hunt but only two more home games-then the dreadful long wait until next year

swany_spectrum
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
true....true....we ought to just let the hunters go after all those deer in fargo. that would eliminate that problem and get them back in time for the game!

BisonBryce
11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
if you get a deer and have the meat prepped you should throw it on one of the grills! :)

dabearsrule
11-03-2005, 09:50 PM
NDSU - 41,
UNC 21.

I am changing my mind. I found out that we are two more key defensive playes out for this weekend. Plus, Kay Dalton doesn't think Andre Wilson will play (high ankle sprain). We are already thin on defense so I think you'll score more points. say Bison 56
Bears 14

swany_spectrum
11-03-2005, 10:36 PM
56-14? I don't think it will be that much of a blowout. I hope it is, but we all know never to underestimate another team. I remember my first taste of this as a ballboy for the Bison in the 90s when a resurgent Omaho came to town. We were up something like 21-0 or 24-3 in the 4th qtr and they roared back to win on the back of Martay Jenkins. Omaha was the crapper of the NCC in the early-mid 90s, that game signaled their return. I was only 14 or 15, so I drank Pepsi after the game (if that happens this weekend I'll need a few Budweisers).

dabearsrule
11-04-2005, 01:48 AM
I hope it's not a blow out either, but now is not a good time to lose your star running back and tw key defensive players for a game against a very good opponent. I might need to stock up on a case of Fat Tire. It could be a very long Saturday. :'( :'( :'(

Signed,
A very frustrated Bears fan.

Gamehunter
11-04-2005, 02:16 AM
bigskybears, what are the names of the players that will be our for this game? Were these players injured from your homecomming game for 2 weeks ago from SUU?

dabearsrule
11-04-2005, 02:48 AM
bigskybears, what are the names of the players that will be our for this game? *Were these players injured from your homecomming game for 2 weeks ago from SUU?

Andre Wilson probably will not play, Christian Sarmento and Mark Unrien will not play. All three were injured last weekend against Ft. Lewis but all three played two weeks ago against SUU.

JBB
11-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I was at that same game as Swany Spectrum. *Omaha fought back and it wasnt the last time Martay had his way with the BISON hey.

I hope we have a respectable crowd. *14,000 or so for our DII opener wasnt bad but it did have everything going for it except the Thursday date.

This could be an exciting and enjoyable game attended by at least 12,500 cheering BISON fans. *Please feel free to move about the stadium looking for your own kind. *Got to Keep them seperated they like to say. *

After the grouping of fans into like kinds remember our seat #s and order them from Josh. *he will give them to Ľou.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT REMAIN SEATED BY THOSE THAT SEEM AGITATED BY YOUR PRESENCE. *MOVE TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE FFD AROUND PEOPLE OF LIKE KIND. * *

tony
11-04-2005, 09:32 AM
I think Wilson will play - yesterday's Greeley Tribune said "Wilson's practice schedule has been interrupted this week because of the injury, but he plans to be ready on Saturday."

ndsubison
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I am changing my mind. *I found out that we are two more key defensive playes out for this weekend. *Plus, Kay Dalton doesn't think Andre Wilson will play (high ankle sprain). *We are already thin on defense so I think you'll score more points. *say Bison 56
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Bears 14

That's too generous. UNC is not a bad team, just not as good overall as the Bison. Stauss is not our QB this year :o ;)

Bison 34
Bears 21 (with a meaningless TD late in the game)

dabearsrule
11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I think Wilson will play - yesterday's Greeley Tribune said "Wilson's practice schedule has been interrupted this week because of the injury, but he plans to be ready on Saturday."

I hope he does play but coach Dalton says he probably won't, but you who knows. I am actually less worried about Wilsons injury because I know we have good depth back their with Waterman and Ealy. It's the defense and our lack of depth their that I am concerned about. Steffes could have a very big day on us. Then again, my grandma can run on this defense.

Bison_Pride_99
11-04-2005, 08:12 PM
We are looking to scout out a more "active" area this weekend.

What is the best cheering section? (besides the student section)
With all the discussion on this issue as of late, does anyone know if the athletic department is considering organizing a rowty fans preferred section and a geriatric section for the next season?

Flintstone
11-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Try sections 20 or 21

Bisonfan1
11-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I would try 20 actually, last game when we got harrased for standing and cheering, it appeared it was newbies in section 21 that we had not seen before that were directing profanity at us and running for FargoDome staff. So until all the people who's names I collected last year to move into section 21 this year (that didnt) (thanx guys) it will be filled by the fair weather jerks and not season ticket holders. So if those jerks are there Saturday, we are going to seek out JBB and have his section lead us in cheers.

JBB
11-04-2005, 11:01 PM
:D Ive got my own problems. I was told to be quiet last yr which kind of divided the group. It looks like the turf for food and then to the tailgate lots for the fire up and then to the west side stands .

sambini
11-05-2005, 05:28 AM
Good luck Coach Bohl and players againest the BEARS.

Bisonfan1
11-05-2005, 06:33 AM
JBB, join us tomorow in the west lot, it may not be the BattleWagon, and it isnt pretty, but its 5 feet longer. Rock the dome Saturday!!! Immmm Back, GO BISON !!!!OH, and by the way, Its past midnight, SOOO, ITS GAME DAY !!!! SDBISON, BISONGUY, get on the game face, and new owner's of the BattleWagon, better see a shine on that paint on game day !!!

JBB
11-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Im heading out right now. If we make it we will be back there. 8)

Go BISON!

somebison
11-05-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20051105/SPORTS/111050102

somebison
11-05-2005, 12:57 PM
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/college/article/0,1299,DRMN_40_4214584,00.html

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=107804&section=Sports

gwendel
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
The Greeley Tribune requires registration--which is OK by me. At least it's a brief registration form. But I found that it did not like my 701 ND area code. Said I need to enter a valid code.

OK, how about 303. That's a Colorado code. Invalid for me, but valid for them.
Maybe they only want folks from CO.

Got right in! ::)

Just thought I'd pass this tip along in case others were experiencing problems.

somebison
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
The Greeley Tribune requires registration--which is OK by me. At least it's a brief registration form. But I found that it did not like my 701 ND area code. Said I need to enter a valid code.

OK, how about 303. That's a Colorado code. Invalid for me, but valid for them.
Maybe they only want folks from CO.

Got right in! *::)

Just thought I'd pass this tip along in case others were experiencing problems.

http://www.bugmenot.com/ ;)

gwendel
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
What'll they think of next?

Thanks for the tip, Hansel.

Have to keep this site in my bookmarks bar. It'll come in handy following the mighty Bison.

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
anyone else not getting the feed from the video on gobison? ???

pwbnd
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting any video yet either.

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 06:53 PM
on the phone with them now.

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 06:54 PM
they are having "technical difficulties" and it will be up as soon as they get it working

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 06:55 PM
wait all week for this and this is the love we get, awful

somebison
11-05-2005, 07:02 PM
free UNC radio here

http://www.1310kfka.com/

I am on the bisonzone feed

somebison
11-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Bison block punt for Safety

Quickstad on the block

pwbnd
11-05-2005, 07:03 PM
thanks for checking for us...this is frustrating...hopefully they'll get it up and running soon.

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 07:05 PM
i agree....i know it can be watched later...but id rather watch when i dont know whats going to happen

somebison
11-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Walker throws a pick

UNC ball

coloradobison
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
made it sound severly underthrown

kchats
11-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Whatever has started a UNC game thread in the football section as well.