SoCon: Wofford
SLC: UCA

At-Large(14)
Big Sky: Weber State, Montana
CAA: Elon, Delaware, Stony Brook, UNH
MVFC: WIU, SDSU, UNI, USD
SoCon: Furman
SLC: SHSU, Nicholls State, McNeese State

Bubble: Samford, NAU, Ill State, WCU, Monmouth, EWU, Sac State, Austin Peay, Eastern Illinois

Teams in bold have clinched an autobid

NDSUstudent
11-12-2017, 04:35 PM
I have USD in at 7-4 but it is by the slimmest of margins, the Yotes would be fighting it out with 7-4 Samford, 7-4 NAU, 9-2 McNeese and 9-2 Nicholls...A strong case could be made for SDSU to jump to the 5 seed since SHSU has been unimpressive, however I don't really see them jumping UCA or JSU.

Professor Chaos
11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I have USD in at 7-4 but it is by the slimmest of margins, the Yotes would be fighting it out with 7-4 Samford, 7-4 NAU, 9-2 McNeese and 9-2 Nicholls...A strong case could be made for SDSU to jump to the 5 seed since SHSU has been unimpressive, however I don't really see them jumping UCA or JSU.
Give me JSU, SHSU, and Wofford as the #3, #6, and #7 seeds in NDSU's half of the bracket and give UCA, SDSU, and SUU (or maybe WIU if SUU loses to NAU) the #4, #5, and #8 seeds in JMU's half. Yes please!

stevdock
11-12-2017, 10:00 PM
Give me JSU, SHSU, and Wofford as the #3, #6, and #7 seeds in NDSU's half of the bracket and give UCA, SDSU, and SUU (or maybe WIU if SUU loses to NAU) the #4, #5, and #8 seeds in JMU's half. Yes please!

After JSU's pathetic showing and UCA destroying like they should have, I believe UCA should be 3 and JSU 4. But I'm good with the rest of those especially with WIU sneaking into #8 if SUU loses. I don't think SHSU should be a seed, but they will be so a #6 is probably where they will end up.

NDSUstudent
11-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Hero sports bracket...
(https://herosports.com/fcs/football-fcs-bracket-seeds-1st-round-games-november-11-2017-ajaj)
1. James Madison vs. Lehigh/Stony Brook
8. Western Illinois vs. CCSU/UNH

4. Jacksonville State vs. Samford/SHSU
5. South Dakota State vs. USD/Montana

3. Central Arkansas vs. Elon/Furman
6. Wofford vs. Kennesaw/Delaware

7. Southern Utah vs. San Diego/Weber St.
2. North Dakota State vs. NAU/UNI

ndsubison1
11-12-2017, 11:03 PM
I saw on the Stats site that 2 seeds from same conference would be moved to opposite sides of bracket

NDSUstudent
11-12-2017, 11:51 PM
NoBowls Bracket...

http://www.nobowls.com/images/week11.png

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 12:23 AM
Over on JMUs board they have a boner over us getting fucked by the committee and being sent to them in the semi's.

TBH I kind of too.

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Over on JMUs board they have a boner over us getting fucked by the committee and being sent to them in the semi's.

TBH I kind of too.
We won't be on their side. #2 NDSU will be. If not charges should be filed on the selection committee for no having a clue.

tjbison
11-13-2017, 01:15 AM
We won't be on their side. #2 NDSU will be. If not charges should be filed on the selection committee for no having a clue.

they have to win Saturday first

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 01:20 AM
they have to win Saturday first

Correct!!!!

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 01:28 AM
I'd love to go into their house and drink their milkshake.

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 01:29 AM
I'd love to go into their house and drink their milkshake.

Is that code for something????

UncleBuck
11-13-2017, 01:31 AM
I bet no MVFC team will be on the JMU side of the bracket. Just a feeling.

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 01:34 AM
Is that code for something????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hFTR6qyEo

NDSUstudent
11-13-2017, 01:43 AM
I want JMU in Frisco, it would be epic.

ndsubison1
11-13-2017, 02:01 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171109220959700985304

"If two teams from the same conference are seeded, the selection committee is charged with placing them on opposite sides of the bracket, even if it means changing seed lines. The new rankings reflected that policy, although it could have been coincidence for the three conferences that had two teams among the top eight - CAA Football, Missouri Valley and Southland."

Professor Chaos
11-13-2017, 02:07 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171109220959700985304

"If two teams from the same conference are seeded, the selection committee is charged with placing them on opposite sides of the bracket, even if it means changing seed lines. The new rankings reflected that policy, although it could have been coincidence for the three conferences that had two teams among the top eight - CAA Football, Missouri Valley and Southland."
That's interesting. I hadn't heard of that policy and it obviously is new since they would've switched SDSU and UND around last year if this policy was in place then. It would seem that makes it even more likely that SDSU would move up to #5 bumping SHSU down to #6 since NDSU should've made a strong enough impression to jump either UCA and/or JSU to get back to #2 or #3.

The question then becomes what if the MVFC gets 3 seeded teams? I think WIU would have a strong case for the #8 seed if SUU loses to NAU next Saturday.

NDSUstudent
11-13-2017, 02:22 AM
That is a great rule change, will help break up the regionalization a little bit. Yes, in my bracket swap SHSU and SDSU to make it right. Honestly I was thinking about doing that anyway.

ndsubison1
11-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Monmouth at Delaware vs 1 JMU
San Diego at Weber St vs 8 SUU
WIU at Elon vs 5 Wofford
Lehigh at USD vs 4 UCA

Nicholls at Samford vs 3 JSU
McNeese at UNI vs 6 SHSU
CCSU at UNH vs 7 Stony Brook
EWU at SDSU vs 2 NDSU

I have USD beating SDSU, which is why I don't have SDSU seeded.

cbline
11-13-2017, 12:23 PM
WIU at Elon vs 5 Wofford
Lehigh at USD vs 4 UCA

McNeese at UNI vs 6 SHSU
EWU at SDSU vs 2 NDSU

Seems like a tall order for the Coyotes. Not sure if their defense can slow down the Jacks.

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 01:16 PM
WIU at Elon vs 5 Wofford
Lehigh at USD vs 4 UCA

McNeese at UNI vs 6 SHSU
EWU at SDSU vs 2 NDSU

They might as well send SDSU on the road for all games since no one shows up there.

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 01:19 PM
They might as well send SDSU on the road for all games since no one shows up there.

wouldn't that be great if they couldn't sell enough tickets to cover their bid?

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 01:21 PM

That would be a guaranteed yes that they wont.

Professor Chaos
11-13-2017, 01:28 PM

That would be a guaranteed yes that they wont.
I hope it doesn't happen this year but I would find it comical if sometime down the road the Bison play there in the playoffs. It would be pretty tough for their ticket office to come up with schemes to keep Bison fans out with only a week to sell tickets. Probably wouldn't have those corporate donors to swoop in and buy a bunch of unsold seats either.

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 01:30 PM
I hope it doesn't happen this year but I would find it comical if sometime down the road the Bison play there in the playoffs. It would be pretty tough for their ticket office to come up with schemes to keep Bison fans out with only a week to sell tickets. Probably wouldn't have those corporate donors to swoop in and buy a bunch of unsold seats either.

Since the playoffs are run by the NCAA, I'm sure that shit would get cracked down upon pretty quickly.

KNOW IT ALL
11-13-2017, 08:59 PM
Since the playoffs are run by the NCAA, I'm sure that shit would get cracked down upon pretty quickly. Yep, those tickets would need to be 'straight cash homey'. NCAA ain't giving up tix so SDSU can play games with attendance. Green and Gold would fill up that stadium. Wouldn't that be cool.

KNOW IT ALL
11-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Ive been preaching it for weeks, NDSU #2 or #3 and SDSU a #7 or #6. The powers out east will make sure these two meet early. I cant imagine these two teams get put in separate brackets and allow a National Championship game of NDSU Vs. SDSU. Please committee surprise me!!!!

KNOW IT ALL
11-13-2017, 09:05 PM
The current FCS STATS bracket would be awesome.

bisonaudit
11-13-2017, 11:26 PM
Ive been preaching it for weeks, NDSU #2 or #3 and SDSU a #7 or #6. The powers out east will make sure these two meet early. I cant imagine these two teams get put in separate brackets and allow a National Championship game of NDSU Vs. SDSU. Please committee surprise me!!!!

Apparently there a bracket principle now that calls for 2 seeded teams from the same conference to be put on opposite sides.

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 11:28 PM
Apparently there a bracket principle now that calls for 2 seeded teams from the same conference to be put on opposite sides.

but if WILL gets a seed that would give them all the excuse they need to put NDSU and SDSU together.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2017, 11:35 PM
but if WILL gets a seed that would give them all the excuse they need to put NDSU and SDSU together.

im quite sure if NDSU wins and JMU loses, NDSU will leapfrog to #1 just off of computer rankings alone, theyre #40 in the country. 15 ahead of JMU who would drop if they lose to elon.

#1NDSU
#2 JMU
3 SDSU
4 JSU
5 SHSU
6 Wofford
7 UCA
8 WIU/Elon

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 11:37 PM
im quite sure if NDSU wins and JMU loses, NDSU will leapfrog to #1 just off of computer rankings alone, theyre #40 in the country. 15 ahead of JMU who would drop if they lose to elon.

#1NDSU
#2 JMU
3 SDSU
4 JSU
5 SHSU
6 Wofford
7 UCA
8 WIU/Elon

Oh you didn't know? They're playing for the longest win streak in FCS history. Only 2 to go!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOhKytpX0AA4uT1.jpg

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Oh you didn't know? They're playing for the longest win streak in FCS history. Only 2 to go!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOhKytpX0AA4uT1.jpg

literally just read that 5 min ago. He was put in his place pretty quick that JMU has to go well into next year to catch NDSU, lulz

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 11:40 PM
literally just read that 5 min ago. He was put in his place pretty quick that JMU has to go well into next year to catch NDSU, lulz

Life comes at you fast.

He had to type that whole thing out. That was great.

tjbison
11-13-2017, 11:45 PM
JMU should drop in the rankings just for their lackluster performances to not good teams, Richmond could have won that game, Elon might get them. They are not what they were last year

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2017, 11:54 PM
JMU should drop in the rankings just for their lackluster performances to not good teams, Richmond could have won that game, Elon might get them

This is why I cannot wait to get our hands on them again. They haven't impressed at all against shitty competition.

bulldogg
11-14-2017, 02:15 AM
This is why I cannot wait to get our hands on them again. They haven't impressed at all against shitty competition.

Better watch what you wish for.

CAS4127
11-14-2017, 02:20 AM
Better watch what you wish for.

Yep, same thing people were saying about you all last year, and we saw what happened there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogg
11-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Yep, same thing people were saying about you all last year, and we saw what happened there.

Roger that!

ndsubison1
11-14-2017, 08:32 AM
What are you talking about? We are defending national champions. So, uh, yeah, I definitely saw what happened there (Fargo Dome).

Dude hes arguing on your side

bulldogg
11-14-2017, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't put too much into the fact that we only beat Richmond by a touchdown.

Richmond is no slouch. They have lost some close games this year to good teams. They are not quite the powerhouse they used to be, but still pretty good. And, they have always been rivals. No matter what their record is, the Ticks always play us tough. Keep in mind also that they were fighting for their playoff lives against us.

We played sleepwalking football for three and a half quarters, then turned it on. If you all recall, this is what I was worried about in the thread I started here a few weeks ago.... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38693-From-a-JMU-fan-How-good-is-this-year-s-Bison-squad-compared-to-last-year-s

I don't see Elon beating us, but stranger things have happened. New Hampshire mopped up the field with Elon on Saturday, leading 16-0 late in the fourth before giving Elon a charity score. We trimmed New Hampshire pretty easily, 21-0.

So, if we see the Bison this year, it will likely be in Harrisonburg or Frisco.

bulldogg
11-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes. I realized that before your reply even posted, and deleted my reply.

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Yes. I wish for that. I want to play you again. Even more, I want to play you at your house.

tjbison
11-14-2017, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't put too much into the fact that we only beat Richmond by a touchdown.

Richmond is no slouch. They have lost some close games this year to good teams. They are not quite the powerhouse they used to be, but still pretty good. And, they have always been rivals. No matter what their record is, the Ticks always play us tough. Keep in mind also that they were fighting for their playoff lives against us.

We played sleepwalking football for three and a half quarters, then turned it on. If you all recall, this is what I was worried about in the thread I started here a few weeks ago.... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38693-From-a-JMU-fan-How-good-is-this-year-s-Bison-squad-compared-to-last-year-s

I don't see Elon beating us, but stranger things have happened. New Hampshire mopped up the field with Elon on Saturday, leading 16-0 late in the fourth before giving Elon a charity score. We trimmed New Hampshire pretty easily, 21-0.

So, if we see the Bison this year, it will likely be in Harrisonburg or Frisco.

They sleepwalk in playoffs it's over, that's how NDSU won 5 straight...not being complacent

MontanaHoyt
11-14-2017, 02:58 PM

Haha. I would love to see how low their attendance would be if they did get a home game in -20 weather.

KNOW IT ALL
11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I have nothing negative to say about JMU as they kicked our azz good last year, straight up no excuses. Every team plays lackluster and complacent at times, NDSU can attest to that in the past. The National media may even give a JMU vs NDSU title matchup some LOVE! I know I would.

Bison bison
11-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Dude hes arguing on your side

I'm offended that you're offended.

Green1
11-14-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm offended that you're offended.

Let's not get defensive.

HerdBot
11-14-2017, 04:18 PM
JMU should drop in the rankings just for their lackluster performances to not good teams, Richmond could have won that game, Elon might get them. They are not what they were last year

No chance. That's a conference game.

Thunder_Struck
11-14-2017, 07:55 PM
If committee values W-L record over strength of schedule I could see this playing out:
1. JMU
2. UCA
3. JSU
4. NDSU
5. SDSU
And if they regionalize the non seeded games one side of the bracket would appear much more difficult than the other.

89MTBISON
11-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Sagarin ratings
NDSU SOS 142 rank #40
JSU SOS 190 rank #91
UCA SOS 206 rank #98
SHSU SOS 208 rank #117
I realize the committee does some dumb things, but anything other than a 2 or 3 for the Bison would be outrageous. Any team from the Southland doesn't deserve a top 4 seed. There are 9 teams ranked higher than UCA in Sagarin. Six of them are MVFC teams.:) Of course, we need to win this Saturday.

bulldogg
11-15-2017, 03:29 AM
They sleepwalk in playoffs it's over, that's how NDSU won 5 straight...not being complacent

I agree. That is my one worry. I am hoping our last drive against Richmond, where we took them to the woodshed, was not an anomaly and that this is the offense, especially the O-line, that we will see all the time going forward.

bulldogg
11-15-2017, 03:30 AM
It was 20 degrees when we abused Sam Houston at our place last year, 62-7.

bulldogg
11-15-2017, 03:31 AM
Haha. I would love to see how low their attendance would be if they did get a home game in -20 weather.

It was 20 degrees when we abused Sam Houston at our place last year, 62-7.

thebootfitter
11-15-2017, 11:07 AM
I don't think I'd consider Richmond a "not good team." They are not a world beater, but they're not a slouch either.

JMU is a good team. Not only did they show that with their personnel last year, but they are showing it on the field this year. It may be true that they haven't been winning ALL games by a large margin against a weaker schedule than the Bison, but they're doing pretty well. Well enough that the computers have them nearly on par with this year's NDSU team. Computers aren't the final say, by any means, but they usually are pretty solid at determining the relative strength of teams. On a neutral field, the Bison might be slightly favored, but anything can happen once the game begins.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2017, 12:35 PM
I don't think I'd consider Richmond a "not good team." They are not a world beater, but they're not a slouch either.

JMU is a good team. Not only did they show that with their personnel last year, but they are showing it on the field this year. It may be true that they haven't been winning ALL games by a large margin against a weaker schedule than the Bison, but they're doing pretty well. Well enough that the computers have them nearly on par with this year's NDSU team. Computers aren't the final say, by any means, but they usually are pretty solid at determining the relative strength of teams. On a neutral field, the Bison might be slightly favored, but anything can happen once the game begins.
JMU has an incredibly stifling defense and an offense that seems pretty average but they seem to know how to turn it on in winning time.

Reminds me of another particular team....

tjbison
11-15-2017, 12:36 PM

Never said Richmond wasn't good, they have not played well against others who are not good

Jmu is good, but they are not what they were, i dont think they repeat, and they lose a ton This year to graduation

semobison
11-15-2017, 01:54 PM
JMU has an incredibly stifling defense and an offense that seems pretty average but they seem to know how to turn it on in winning time.

Reminds me of another particular team....

Yep, JMU is ranked 1st in total defense and 1st in scoring defense in the FCS.
Bison are 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Conference games in the CAA are not much different than in the MVFC. Not as top heavy but lots of parity and unlike the Big Fluffy they play defense.

noryan34
11-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Sagarin ratings
NDSU SOS 142 rank #40
JSU SOS 190 rank #91
UCA SOS 206 rank #98
SHSU SOS 208 rank #117
I realize the committee does some dumb things, but anything other than a 2 or 3 for the Bison would be outrageous. Any team from the Southland doesn't deserve a top 4 seed. There are 9 teams ranked higher than UCA in Sagarin. Six of them are MVFC teams.:) Of course, we need to win this Saturday.

Funny how lots of people ragged on NDSU schedule this year and now they have a schedule in the top 15 of difficulty (FCS) and top 5 among teams without an FBS opponent.

Those rankings are funny to look at sometimes. As according to them NDSU will play 6 teams this year ranked higher than JMU toughest opponent (Richmond), not sure that is really how it is but take the computer rankings for what they are

MontanaHoyt
11-15-2017, 02:38 PM
My Top 8
1. James Madison
2. North Dakota State
3. Central Arkansas
4. Jacksonville State
5. South Dakota State
6. Sam Houston State
7. Southern Utah
8. Wofford
If South Dakota State falls to South Dakota this Saturday, SDSU is not a seed. In that case, Sam Houston State slides up to 5, Southern Utah slides up to 6, Wofford slides up to 7, South Dakota takes the 8 seed.

semobison
11-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Funny how lots of people ragged on NDSU schedule this year and now they have a schedule in the top 15 of difficulty (FCS) and top 5 among teams without an FBS opponent.

Those rankings are funny to look at sometimes. As according to them NDSU will play 6 teams this year ranked higher than JMU toughest opponent (Richmond), not sure that is really how it is but take the computer rankings for what they are

Even the most die hard MVFC homers realize Sagarin's ratings are tilted heavily to our conference. I'm not going to tell you why because personally I don't understand what is all taken into consideration with the computer rankings. The Valley is easily the best conference but computer ranking are not the end all. The best poll or rankings IMO is still the AGS poll done by a bunch of crazy FCS fans.

noryan34
11-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Even the most die hard MVFC homers realize Sagarin's ratings are tilted heavily to our conference. I'm not going to tell you why because personally I don't understand what is all taken into consideration with the computer rankings. The Valley is easily the best conference but computer ranking are not the end all. The best poll or rankings IMO is still the AGS poll done by a bunch of crazy FCS fans.

I am on the fence with these computer rankings. As my life tends to lean to or more objective nature with work and all which then would mean I would heavily favor computer ranking system.Then you look and see a 5-5 team would be top 10 and you kinda cringe a little bit.

Ya the AGS poll seems to do a good job of mixing the subjective and objective nature of humans into a meaningful way. Speaks a lot to the diverse group of peeps that make up that poll. I have been trying to log in over there for a few months but seems i forgot my password and I am too lazy to reset it :facepalm:

89MTBISON
11-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Here is an interesting Sagarin bracket from College Sporting Journal. Dominated by MVFC.
Damn! How do I make this bigger? Here's the link. http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-nov-13/

GRAFTONBISON
11-15-2017, 04:53 PM
I am on the fence with these computer rankings. As my life tends to lean to or more objective nature with work and all which then would mean I would heavily favor computer ranking system.Then you look and see a 5-5 team would be top 10 and you kinda cringe a little bit.

Ya the AGS poll seems to do a good job of mixing the subjective and objective nature of humans into a meaningful way. Speaks a lot to the diverse group of peeps that make up that poll. I have been trying to log in over there for a few months but seems i forgot my password and I am too lazy to reset it :facepalm:

What do you think JSU’s record would be if they played in the MVFC?

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2017, 04:59 PM

.500, maybe

I'd give JMU a loss or two.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Here is an interesting Sagarin bracket from College Sporting Journal. Dominated by MVFC.
Damn! How do I make this bigger? Here's the link. http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-nov-13/

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Nov13-sag-fcs-playoff-proj.png

StL Bison Fan
11-15-2017, 05:19 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Nov13-sag-fcs-playoff-proj.png

I'm sure they would put Jacksonville higher. Don't agree, but they will

cbline
11-15-2017, 05:46 PM

I hear this from my wife about twice a week.

noryan34
11-15-2017, 05:59 PM

I think it would be fair to say they would be someone around WIU and USD records (+/- a win) so somewhere between 6-4 and 8-2. Playoff team with a chance of a seed. One thing to consider with them is how well there stadium would play a factor as i have TV watched some games there and they seem to have a dang good crowd.

According to computer they would only been underdogs really in two games (v NDSU, SDSU), coin flips depending on home team (WIU, UNI, USD, YSU ISUr) and big favorites against other 3 (SIU, MSU, ISUb).

Son of a Bison
11-15-2017, 06:00 PM
I hear this from my wife about twice a week.

You must be newly married. Eventually you will hear that twice a year.

ZHerd
11-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Not sure what the final bracket will look like but I'm just assuming NDSU side will be Valley heavy whether it should or shouldn't be. I would love to see some CAA vs Valley matchups and find out how they really compare. My hunch is that the CAA is better than many think. I also think JMU is the team to beat and anyone they play is going to struggle getting much past 10 pts. I think they have the saltiest D in FCS and are probably a bit like the 2011 Bison team.

KNOW IT ALL
11-15-2017, 06:33 PM

Wow would this be great to see, ain't gonna happen though as there is no way 3 MVFC teams have a chance to advance to the semi's because in this scenario its a real possibility. The FCS bracket is hand picked and fixed every year by East Coast Bias idiots. I will eat my words if proven wrong. They will put one MVFC team on one side of the bracket and all the rest on the other, soooo predictable. AND, 7 teams from MVFC get in??? If this bracket were to happen we will see NDSU vs SDSU in Frisco!!!!!

X-Factor
11-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Wow would this be great to see, ain't gonna happen though as there is no way 3 MVFC teams have a chance to advance to the semi's because in this scenario its a real possibility. The FCS bracket is hand picked and fixed every year by East Coast Bias idiots. I will eat my words if proven wrong. They will put one MVFC team on one side of the bracket and all the rest on the other, soooo predictable. AND, 7 teams from MVFC get in???

Don't worry, a small part of it is already disqualified. As much as I'd love to play the winner of the softee bowl (SHSH/Richmond), they already played in the regular season so it can't happen in round 1. Of course, we all know the committee will not follow sagarin.

Honeybooboo
11-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Don't worry, a small part of it is already disqualified. As much as I'd love to play the winner of the softee bowl (SHSH/Richmond), they already played in the regular season so it can't happen in round 1. Of course, we all know the committee will not follow sagarin.

they don't follow any of the polls but use the SRS system, hence why polls don't mean shit until the PC releases their final Sunday

ndsubison1
11-15-2017, 09:15 PM
My Top 8
1. James Madison
2. North Dakota State
3. Central Arkansas
4. Jacksonville State
5. South Dakota State
6. Sam Houston State
7. Southern Utah
8. Wofford
If South Dakota State falls to South Dakota this Saturday, SDSU is not a seed. In that case, Sam Houston State slides up to 5, Southern Utah slides up to 6, Wofford slides up to 7, South Dakota takes the 8 seed.

What about Stony Brook if they win?

Bison03
11-15-2017, 09:16 PM
If NDSU wins Saturday, it will be their 6th win vs a ranked team. I'd like to think that the committee would see that and it would be a no brainer to put them at 2. Otherwise, I would love to hear their justification for anything different.

Honeybooboo
11-15-2017, 09:34 PM
If NDSU wins Saturday, it will be their 6th win vs a ranked team. I'd like to think that the committee would see that and it would be a no brainer to put them at 2. Otherwise, I would love to hear their justification for anything different.

Wanna hear it now?

JSU
SHSU
UCA

all really damn good teams

southcliffbison
11-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Wanna hear it now?

JSU
SHSU
UCA

Oh...Oh...... what's that smell ? East Coast Bias ????

noryan34
11-15-2017, 09:41 PM

Kinda hard to say East Coast Bias when only one of those teams is even east of the Mississippi. I’d say it’s more a product of when you lose rather who and how.

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Wanna hear it now?

JSU
SHSU
UCA

This is quite subjective.

southcliffbison
11-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Kinda hard to say East Coast Bias when only one of those teams is even east of the Mississippi. I’d say it’s more a product of when you lose rather who and how.

I was referencing conferences more than the geographical locality of the individual teams. Excuse me if I wasn't clear on that.

89MTBISON
11-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Wanna hear it now?

JSU
SHSU
UCA

None of these teams will see the semi's.

Honeybooboo
11-15-2017, 09:58 PM

This is quite subjective.

None of these teams will see the semi's.

Guys, I wasn't serious

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Guys, I wasn't serious

There is a color for that, you know.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2017, 10:36 PM
There is a color for that, you know.

Is it purple?

Christopher Moen
11-15-2017, 10:46 PM

NDSU is pretty much in the same situation as last year where they had one lost and ended with a number one seed. The only difference is the win over Iowa carried significant weight. With that said, I can see the Bison as #3 seed instead of #2.

However, before any of this happens, NDSU needs to take care of business this weekend. I watched the SDSU - Illinois State game yesterday. Not sure how that game went into overtime or where Broadnax completed ten passes for the Redbirds, but it was an ugly game. Made the lost to the Jackrabbits look even worse, which means the Bison must play into their own strengths and not play down to their competition. NDSU is much better than both teams when they play at their best.

BisonTru
11-15-2017, 10:52 PM
https://i1.wp.com/thefcswedge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/AGS-Bracket.png

http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/2017-1114-week-11-ags-fcs-bracket/

bisonaudit
11-15-2017, 11:39 PM
they don't follow any of the polls but use the SRS system, hence why polls don't mean shit until the PC releases their final Sunday

They don't use their SRS either. They have it. That's different than using it. They have all the polling and computer rankings, too.

DakotaOkie
11-16-2017, 12:46 AM
Not sure what the final bracket will look like but I'm just assuming NDSU side will be Valley heavy whether it should or shouldn't be. I would love to see some CAA vs Valley matchups and find out how they really compare. My hunch is that the CAA is better than many think. I also think JMU is the team to beat and anyone they play is going to struggle getting much past 10 pts. I think they have the saltiest D in FCS and are probably a bit like the 2011 Bison team.

You could very well be correct, but the Bison's 12.8 points per game on defense isn't exactly loose either.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
11-16-2017, 01:54 AM
cbs sports...

stony brook/Leigh vs 1 JMU
Elon/Furman vs 8 Wofford

Monnouth/Central Conn vs 5 Sam Houston
Samford/Kenshaw vs 4 Jacksonville St.

Other side
Westner Il/ Nichols st vs 3 Central Ark
Montana/ USD vs 6 SDSU

Weber St/ San Diego vs 7 Southern Utah
New Hampshire/UNI vs 2 NDSU

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

BisonLaw
11-17-2017, 12:32 AM
Watching Jax State play a mediocre Tennessee State team on ESPN3. Jacksonville State should not be the #2 seed. They would not go .500 in the Valley based on what I've seen tonight.

MNLonghorn10
11-17-2017, 12:54 AM
Watching Jax State play a mediocre Tennessee State team on ESPN3. Jacksonville State should not be the #2 seed. They would not go .500 in the Valley based on what I've seen tonight.

this is a riveting game. their crowd is really into it

BisonLaw
11-17-2017, 12:57 AM
this is a riveting game. their crowd is really into it

And it's about to be really quiet because their stud RB and only bright spot of this game just went down with what looks like a pulled hamstring. That will really hurt them, no way he's 100% come playoff time. Tough deal for the kid.

tjbison
11-17-2017, 01:07 AM
24-0, should be good enough to move them into #1

89MTBISON
11-17-2017, 01:17 AM
If JSU gets the 2, I am ok with us getting the 3. Would be nice to see SDSU get a 4, 5 or 8, opposite us. We'd eat this JSU QB for lunch.

CAS4127
11-17-2017, 02:40 AM
Had JSU fans watched our SDSU game they’d be saying the same things you peeps are.

Think about that a bit.

NDSUstudent
11-17-2017, 02:41 AM
Had JSU fans watched our SDSU game they’d be saying the same things you peeps are.

Think about that a bit.

I'd love to watch JSU play SDSU or any team with a pulse.

An NDSU-TSU game would resemble our game against Indiana State.

EC8CH
11-17-2017, 02:43 AM

Think about that a bit.

There's a difference between a good football team having a bad day and straight up just bad football.

CAS4127
11-17-2017, 02:46 AM
There's a difference between a good football team having a bad day and straight up just bad football.

And you can tell that how?

Re-watch the SDSU game without green glasses on and you’ll see the same thing. It was terrible.

JSU is way better than people are giving them credit for.

NDSUstudent
11-17-2017, 02:47 AM

Re-watch the SDSU game without green glasses on and you’ll see the same thing. It was terrible.

JSU is way better than people are giving them credit for.

We lost to a top 10 team.....JSU has yet to play a ranked team.

Kind of hard to make these comparisons. If we have a bad game we lose, if they have a bad game they grind out a win against whatever shit team they are playing.

89MTBISON
11-17-2017, 02:48 AM
How we play saturday should tell us whether or not we've shaken off the MVFC grind in time for the playoffs. I am hopeful the SDSU game was our season trough.

CAS4127
11-17-2017, 02:52 AM
How we play saturday should tell us whether or not we've shaken off the MVFC grind in time for the playoffs. I am hopeful the SDSU game was our season trough.

I can say this from experience:

Getting up for a game when knowing you have secured a PO spot and conference title is very difficult. It can be done, but takes some serious SR leadership. Best indicator of mindset is to watch D early. If playing fast and aggressive. We are good. If not, be ready for a long day and a nail-biter.

89MTBISON
11-17-2017, 02:59 AM

Getting up for a game when knowing you have secured a PO spot and conference title is very difficult. It can be done, but takes some serious SR leadership. Best indicator of mindset is to watch D early. If playing fast and aggressive. We are good. If not, be ready for a long day and a nail-biter.

Seems like we have that. Tre and Nate on D. I would not want to let Kuhnert down. He seems like the kind of guy who would take that personally. Good insight.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-17-2017, 03:01 AM

Our current situation still has urgency (trying to get a buy and home field through playoffs). That should make it almost automatic to be up for the game I would hope.

EC8CH
11-17-2017, 03:09 AM

I listen to the band playing. If I end up more interested in that then the game, it's bad football.

MontanaHoyt
11-17-2017, 03:55 AM
What about Stony Brook if they win?

I think they’ll fall just short of a seed if they win.

El_Chapo
11-17-2017, 04:19 AM
for all you fools that wanna stay in the 3rd division aka the fcs.. prepare for NDSU to get #4 or #5 seed. it's the same D2 crap we had to deal with.. committee members resenting NDSU success and Regionalization. watch it be USD vs UNI with winner to Fargo. time to leave this popcorn stand

ndsubison1
11-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Is Nicholls out after losing last night? I think the committee still puts them in

wagsabison
11-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Our current situation still has urgency (trying to get a buy and home field through playoffs). That should make it almost automatic to be up for the game I would hope.

Also, the fact we are currently 4th in their rankings gives the team a little more motivation to go out and show what we can do and prove we are #2 seed.

semobison
11-17-2017, 01:32 PM
I listen to the band playing. If I end up more interested in that then the game, it's bad football.

There is no bad football, there are just different levels. Hell, I walk down the street to watch the youth league games in the fall. Saturday it's the Bison at 11 and Dickinson State NAIA playoff game at 2. I've seen some great football games at a lower level......anyway, I watched JSU last night. Defense is good. Offense, not so much.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Is Nicholls out after losing last night? I think the committee still puts them in
I don't see how they can get in anymore. They would need pandemonium like McNeese, UNH, Delaware, and Montana all losing (and then the expected bubble losses like ISUr and NAU happening also) and even then they'd have a weak argument at best IMO.

Bison_Pyro
11-17-2017, 02:07 PM

I feel like they are out.

MankatoBison
11-17-2017, 02:08 PM

You're not crazy, It's both. Their football is awful and their band is incredibly good.

If we had to seed the FCS marching bands, JSU would likely be #1.... Missouri State would be up there too

Hate to say it, but the GSMB would likely be an at large at best. We have size, and about nothing else. Still love em'! but we would definitely not be seeded

El_Chapo
11-17-2017, 02:22 PM
ah FCS the 3rd division of football.... resorting to the old D2 political playoff committee scam.

be prepared for NDSU to be ranked #4 or #5 !!!

still cant believe a majority of you wants to stay in this crap division . its DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN!!

Professor Chaos
11-17-2017, 02:27 PM
You're not crazy, It's both. Their football is awful and their band is incredibly good.

If we had to seed the FCS marching bands, JSU would likely be #1.... Missouri State would be up there too

Hate to say it, but the GSMB would likely be an at large at best. We have size, and about nothing else. Still love em'! but we would definitely not be seeded
Depends. Are the SWAC and MEAC participating in this playoff? If so, then the GSMB can enjoy their Thanksgiving turkey without having to worry about getting to practice.

SDSU's band is pretty good also.

ndsubison1
11-17-2017, 03:58 PM
I don't see how they can get in anymore. They would need pandemonium like McNeese, UNH, Delaware, and Montana all losing (and then the expected bubble losses like ISUr and NAU happening also) and even then they'd have a weak argument at best IMO.

They're 8-3 though

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Depends. Are the SWAC and MEAC participating in this playoff? If so, then the GSMB can enjoy their Thanksgiving turkey without having to worry about getting to practice.

SDSU's band is pretty good also.

I think the MEAC has a spot, don't they? Wasn't Bethune-Cookman in a few years ago?

TinyBisonFan
11-17-2017, 05:02 PM
They're 8-3 though

That doesn't matter when you play in such a weak conference. If you take a look at their schedule (Southland), it doesn't stack up against almost any other potential 8-3 teams or even a lot of the potential 7-4 teams out of the MVFC, Big Sky, or CAA. I am not impressed by four point wins over Northwestern State or an OT victory over Incarnate Word while getting blown out by 49 by an overrated Sam Houston team.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2017, 05:05 PM
They're 8-3 though
The loser of Monmouth/Kennesaw will be 9-2 and probably left out. There may not be a single 7 win at-large this year other than UNI but even if you're stacking up an 8-3 Nicholls with a 7-4 USD/Samford/EWU I don't think they win that battle.

ndsubison1
11-17-2017, 06:37 PM
That doesn't matter when you play in such a weak conference. If you take a look at their schedule (Southland), it doesn't stack up against almost any other potential 8-3 teams or even a lot of the potential 7-4 teams out of the MVFC, Big Sky, or CAA. I am not impressed by four point wins over Northwestern State or an OT victory over Incarnate Word while getting blown out by 49 by an overrated Sam Houston team.

It doesnt matter what we think. It's what the committee thinks.

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2017, 06:40 PM
It doesnt matter what we think. It's what the committee thinks.

The committee has shown that it doesn't care how difficult the Southland is. Sammy's high seeds every year are proof.

Mr Meaty
11-17-2017, 06:51 PM
The only thing in our control is to win the game and trust the process will work out to a 1 or 2 seed.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2017, 07:17 PM
The committee has shown that it doesn't care how difficult the Southland is. Sammy's high seeds every year are proof.
They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been. Last year was the first time SHSU had been seeded since 2011.

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2017, 07:19 PM
They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been.

It's hard to say. The 24 team expansion is the only thing keeping the SLC a multi-bid league anyway.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2017, 07:22 PM
If anyone has been habitually overseeded the last few years it's been JSU. They lost in 2014 and 2016 in their first playoff game as a #3 seed (and they could be headed down that same route this year).

Honeybooboo
11-17-2017, 11:28 PM
If anyone has been habitually overseeded the last few years it's been JSU. They lost in 2014 and 2016 in their first playoff game as a #3 seed (and they could be headed down that same route this year).

That's also the product of top heavy conferences beating up on each other

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 12:00 AM
They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been. Last year was the first time SHSU had been seeded since 2011.

It was only last year that they moved SHSU back a bit

Scooter1
11-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Just doing a comparison of JVSU, UCA and NDSU using stats and sagarin....

JVSU
10-1, opponent sagarin ave 163
30.8 ppg offense...14.8 ppg defense.
3 FCS teams above and below 163...
Tenn Martin, Nichols, SELA, Maine, A Peay, Villinova
Combined record for these 6 of 33-27 as of last week.

Central Arkansas
9-1 opponent sagarin ave 179.
38 ppg offense ....18.9 ppg defense.
3 FCS above and below 179
Liberty, Chattanooga, Tenn St, Rhode Island, Albany, CCSU.
Combined record for this 6 of 27-34 as of last week.

NDSU
9-1. Ave Sagarin for opponents...138
40.9 ppg offense...12.8 ppg defense.
3 FCS above and below 138...
Wofford, Yale, Montana, Sac St, New Hampshire, McNeese
Combined record for this 6 of 45-14 as of last week.

Of course, if NDSU loses I guess it is moot.

Bison03
11-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Craig Haley on Kolpack and Izzo is confusing me. Yeah, he has Jax St above NDSU which makes no sense. But he just said that if JMU loses, they probably should stay #1. Huh?!!! So NDSU loses to a 10th ranked team or so, they drop 3 spots; but JMU would do the same and not drop?!!! Please 8 pound 6 ounce newborn infant baby Jesus, let the committee be smart on this one.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't argue if JMU was #1 with a loss, as long as NDSU is #2 if they beat ISUR.

Honeybooboo
11-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Just doing a comparison of JVSU, UCA and NDSU using stats and sagarin....

JVSU
10-1, opponent sagarin ave 163
30.8 ppg offense...14.8 ppg defense.
3 FCS teams above and below 163...
Tenn Martin, Nichols, SELA, Maine, A Peay, Villinova
Combined record for these 6 of 33-27 as of last week.

Central Arkansas
9-1 opponent sagarin ave 179.
38 ppg offense ....18.9 ppg defense.
3 FCS above and below 179
Liberty, Chattanooga, Tenn St, Rhode Island, Albany, CCSU.
Combined record for this 6 of 27-34 as of last week.

NDSU
9-1. Ave Sagarin for opponents...138
40.9 ppg offense...12.8 ppg defense.
3 FCS above and below 138...
Wofford, Yale, Montana, Sac St, New Hampshire, McNeese
Combined record for this 6 of 45-14 as of last week.

Of course, if NDSU loses I guess it is moot.

Lol....Lol....JVsu

Professor Chaos
11-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Craig Haley on Kolpack and Izzo is confusing me. Yeah, he has Jax St above NDSU which makes no sense. But he just said that if JMU loses, they probably should stay #1. Huh?!!! So NDSU loses to a 10th ranked team or so, they drop 3 spots; but JMU would do the same and not drop?!!! Please 8 pound 6 ounce newborn infant baby Jesus, let the committee be smart on this one.
Considering it's his job Haley is pretty clueless when it comes to putting his bracket projections together. The seeds are subjective so whatever it's just... like... his opinion man. But he routinely will bracket creating more flights than is necessary. Tells me he doesn't put a ton of effort into it.

oldmantutters
11-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Considering it's his job Haley is pretty clueless when it comes to putting his bracket projections together. The seeds are subjective so whatever it's just... like... his opinion man. But he routinely will bracket creating more flights than is necessary. Tells me he doesn't put a ton of effort into it.It's sad when you have a group like those on AGS who follow this stuff in their free time and do a better job than the guy who is supposed to be kind of the FCS expert.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scooter1
11-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Lol....Lol....JVsu

Thought you would like that.
Btw central arkansas average opponent was ranked lower than und.

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 06:16 PM
UNH losing to Albany. SBU losing to Maine

scottietohottie
11-18-2017, 06:59 PM
I would say outright mvfc champions have earned the opposite side of the bracket from the rest of the mvfc teams but I don't get to decide.

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 07:29 PM
SBU survives Maine. Still alive for a seed.

Mr Meaty
11-18-2017, 07:30 PM
I would say outright mvfc champions have earned the opposite side of the bracket from the rest of the mvfc teams but I don't get to decide.

100 % agree

MNLonghorn10
11-18-2017, 07:32 PM

its what makes this level of football so JV. every "national talking head" likely has a personal vendetta vs ndsu so theyll say anything to put them down a peg. its embarrassing, good thing only 10 schools care about fcs and actually notices this shit

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 07:35 PM
I don't think Haley has anything against Ndsu.

MSU up on Montana 21-10

ByeSonBusiness
11-18-2017, 07:58 PM
its what makes this level of football so JV. every "national talking head" likely has a personal vendetta vs ndsu so theyll say anything to put them down a peg. its embarrassing, good thing only 10 schools care about fcs and actually notices this shit

Low energy coverage for sure.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 08:01 PM
It's sad when you have a group like those on AGS who follow this stuff in their free time and do a better job than the guy who is supposed to be kind of the FCS expert.

When he first did his bracket it was literally a joke, a drunken Lakes could have done a better job. He has gotten better but still he is far from an expert.

noryan34
11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
To keep with the regionalization theme. Don’t see how they will move ndsu up to 2. That would mean if SDSU wins they will have to move them down in the rankings to 7 to feed them into ndsu. Bet they put ndsu at 3 and SDSU at 6. Barring a loss by SDSU

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 08:04 PM
To keep with the regionalization theme. Don’t see how they will move ndsu up to 2. That would mean if SDSU wins they will have to move them down in the rankings to 7 to feed them into ndsu. Bet they put ndsu at 3 and SDSU at 6. Barring a loss by SDSU

They dont regionalize the seeds

UNH loses to Albany, putting themselves on the bubble. Same with Delaware.

GRAFTONBISON
11-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Should be the 2 and 5 seeds

noryan34
11-18-2017, 08:10 PM
They dont regionalize the seeds

UNH loses to Albany, putting themselves on the bubble. Same with Delaware.

They say they don’t. Just don’t see how they won’t do that in this case. When SDSU with a win should be a 4/5. I’ll be ecstatic I we get the 2 and throw them on the other side for a change

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 08:14 PM
How things stand....

Autobid(10):
Big Sky: SUU
Big South: Kennesaw State(Currently up big on Monmouth)
CAA: JMU
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: CCSU
OVC: JSU
Patriot: Lehigh
Pioneer: San Diego

At-Large Locks(6)
Big Sky: Weber State
CAA: Elon, Stony Brook
MVFC: WIU, SDSU
SLC: SHSU

In with a win(6)
South Dakota
Northern Iowa
Montana
McNeese State
Furman/Samford(Playing each other)
Austin Peay
NAU

Bubbling(8)
Delaware 7-4
UNH 7-4
EWU 6-4
EIU 6-4
Sac State 6-4
Monmouth 9-2(if they lose)
WCU 7-4
Nicholls State 8-3

15 teams fighting for 8 spots.

X-Factor
11-18-2017, 08:32 PM
They say they don’t. Just don’t see how they won’t do that in this case. When SDSU with a win should be a 4/5. I’ll be ecstatic I we get the 2 and throw them on the other side for a change

Maybe people should also be thinking about what happens if SDSU loses? Who (out of USD and SDSU) gets sent to Fargo in the 2nd round? Guarantee one of them will if USD pulls this game out

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Maybe people should also be thinking about what happens if SDSU loses? Who (out of USD and SDSU) gets sent to Fargo in the 2nd round? Guarantee one of them will if USD pulls this game out

Either could still be seeded at 8-3.

X-Factor
11-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Either could still be seeded at 8-3.

You’re right. Likely one of them would be seeded in that case. I keep forgetting how watered down the FCS gets after the top 5, and really, the top 2?

NDSU92
11-18-2017, 09:03 PM

Completely agree. But are there are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

Why doesn’t FCS have an official computer ranking at this point?

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 09:05 PM
There are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

Haley and Brian McLaughlin are probably as close as it gets for FCS national talking heads.

noryan34
11-18-2017, 09:06 PM
You’re right. Likely one of them would be seeded in that case. I keep forgetting how watered down the FCS gets after the top 5, and really, the top 2?

Ya I posted when it was 10-0 jacks. Then went back to game and it was 17-14 lol. One could still get a seed but which one? Usd cuz of head to head or usd cuz the beat the possible 2 and usd got rolled by them. If usd wins. Then see them getting a seed and SDSU playing next weekend with winner going to ndsu because of their matchup is older.

If the stars align they go 7 and 8. Which shouldn’t be out of the question if usd wins a close one

MNLonghorn10
11-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Completely agree. But are there are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

wanna know who the best talking heads are? Dom and Kolpack. their vlog is often shared by opposing teams playing NDSU and Id say i cant remember anyone once saying it was biased, one sided or anything completely slanted towards NDSU.

Of course its probably easy to make a vlog knowing the team you cover has a 95% chance of winning that game. but still...point stands

ndsubison1
11-18-2017, 09:20 PM

Probably Sdsu. Usd plays Big Sky or Southland school

I dont see either getting seeded if USD wins

SDbison
11-18-2017, 09:26 PM
USD up on SDSU now 21 - 17 late in 3rd quarter.

Bison03
11-18-2017, 10:09 PM
31-21 Jacks. Early dagger. Can we just have SDSU as the 5 seed on JMU's side of the brwcket with the winner of USD and another team going to brookings.

HerdistheWord
11-18-2017, 10:15 PM
I might lose my shit if NDSU is not a #2 seed. It would send the message that a quality loss is better than a quality win. In which case, we may as well schedule 10 FBS schools. We keep a few games close and we would be a top seed for sure even at 1-10.

NDSU92
11-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Sammy gave up 33 points at home to a team with a sagarin rating almost identical to Robert Morris. One would think that would kill any wild ass scenario that puts SHSU above us.

BraxtonT
11-18-2017, 10:34 PM

I won't be surprised at all to see this happening......Hello, #3 seed

MNLonghorn10
11-18-2017, 10:36 PM
itll be

jmu
ndsu
jsu
uca
sdsu
shsu
wofford
who cares, suu?

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Another update...

How things stand....

Seeds...
1. JMU
2. NDSU
3. JSU
4. UCA
5. SHSU
6. SDSU
7. Wofford
8. SUU(If they win)

Autobid(10):
Big Sky: SUU
Big South: Kennesaw State
CAA: JMU
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: CCSU
OVC: JSU
Patriot: Lehigh
Pioneer: San Diego

At-Large Locks(8)
Big Sky: Weber State
CAA: Elon, Stony Brook
MVFC: WIU, SDSU, UNI
SLC: SHSU
SoCon: Samford

In with a win(1)
McNeese State

Bubbling(10)
Austin Peay 7-4/EIU 6-4
Furman 7-4
South Dakota 7-4
Delaware 7-4
UNH 7-4
EWU 6-4
Sac State 6-4
Monmouth 9-2
Nicholls State 8-3
Montana 7-4

11 teams fighting for 6 spots

CAS4127
11-18-2017, 11:35 PM
What time is selection show in tomorrow morning?

bisonforever
11-18-2017, 11:39 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 10am on ESPNU

No_Skill
11-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Didn't they release the top 4 seeds early last year?

NDSUstudent
11-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Didn't they release the top 4 seeds early last year?

I think they released who those teams were but didn't put them in any order.

CAS4127
11-18-2017, 11:52 PM
I think they released who those teams were but didn't put them in any order.

Sounds correct.

Btw, did JMU run into any Valley teams last year and or were any in their bracket? Can’t remember.

1st&TennBison
11-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Sounds correct.

Btw, did JMU run into any Valley teams last year and or were any in their bracket? Can’t remember.

No, every MVFC team was on our side last year.

BisonTeacher
11-18-2017, 11:56 PM

You mean the FSC selection show?

BattleBorn
11-18-2017, 11:58 PM
If we are any less than 2 there is some serious bullshittery going down.

1st&TennBison

My bad, actually, ISU was on their side last year.

CAS4127

Will be interesting to see how it goes this year. Would like to see a couple in their bracket, especially the Leathernecks.

2011BisonAlumni
11-18-2017, 11:59 PM
Sounds correct.

I vaguely remember them playing NDSU in the semi finals, and YSU in the championship game last year.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Last year JMU was in our side of the bracket with SDSU.

YSU and ISUR were in the other side of the bracket.

Bison03
11-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Fcs football said on twitter that the committe chair will have a live update tonight. Not sure the time. Maybe to announce the top 4 seeds?

CAS4127
11-19-2017, 12:02 AM
I vaguely remember them playing NDSU in the semi finals, and YSU in the championship game last year.

Gotcha. I obviously meant before us.

DM05
11-19-2017, 12:09 AM

False. Youngstown and Illinois State were both in the other side.

Couple years ago, yes, but not last year.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Fcs football said on twitter that the committe chair will have a live update tonight. Not sure the time. Maybe to announce the top 4 seeds?

He just had an update...said they are now voting on seeds now and that they are still working on selecting the final six teams.

1st&TennBison
11-19-2017, 12:13 AM
False. Youngstown and Illinois State were both in the other side.

Couple years ago, yes, but not last year.

I really should not be typing while drinking, I am royally screwing up a very simple question.

DM05
11-19-2017, 12:14 AM
If we are any less than 2 there is some serious bullshittery going down.

Agreed. I think the case is better for us to be #1 than it is for anyone else to be #2. Only way we are less than 2 is if they don't look at quality wins, strength of schedule, or any and all other metrics.

Is Jax st AD still on the committee?

BisonTeacher
11-19-2017, 12:18 AM
You mean the FSC selection show?

No really? FSC? Nobody has DirecTV?

CAS4127
11-19-2017, 12:20 AM
No really? FSC? Nobody has DirecTV?

Stumplifter kicking in?

BisonTeacher
11-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Stumplifter kicking in?

No. DirecTV has it listed as FSC selection show.

NoDak
11-19-2017, 01:25 AM
Agreed. I think the case is better for us to be #1 than it is for anyone else to be #2. Only way we are less than 2 is if they don't look at quality wins, strength of schedule, or any and all other metrics.

Is Jax st AD still on the committee?

That is my thought too. NDSU is closer to #1 seed than #3.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2017, 01:28 AM
Here is JSU's resume....

Quality win: Austin Peay 8-4(I'm being generous calling this quality)
Losses: Georgia Tech 37-10

That is it.

Thunder_Struck
11-19-2017, 01:44 AM
I think we should be the 2 seed. Like I mentioned earlier there is a decent chance that we end up being the 4 seed by putting teams with 0 FCS loses ahead of us. If that happens I could see them seeding SDSU 5th. That would leave JMU, NDSU, and SDSU on the same side of the bracket. Wouldn't be surprised to see the committee stick USD and UNI on that side as well (regionalization)! I don't think it should be this way, but the way thinks have finished up I think there is a chance of this.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2017, 01:47 AM
I think we should be the 2 seed. Like I mentioned earlier there is a decent chance that we end up being the 4 seed by putting teams with 0 FCS loses ahead of us. If that happens I could see them seeding SDSU 5th. That would leave JMU, NDSU, and SDSU on the same side of the bracket. Wouldn't be surprised to see the committee stick USD and UNI on that side as well (regionalization)! I don't think it should be this way, but the way thinks have finished up I think there is a chance of this.

there is no shot this team ends up a 4. none the less a decent shot.

Mr Meaty
11-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Coach will be on the selection show tomorrow. They would not put Him on if they are screwing us over would they? 2 seed guaranteed.

Nel360
11-19-2017, 01:52 AM
They had Keeler on last year and he was stunned to be a 5 seed after an undefeated regular season

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BadlandsBison
11-19-2017, 01:53 AM
Coach will be on the selection show tomorrow. They would not put Him on if they are screwing us over would they? 2 seed guaranteed.

They did it to Montana states coach once. Had him on the show after they didn’t give them a seed lol

LongLostAlum
11-19-2017, 02:04 AM
No way should Bison be anything less than #2 seed.

ndsubison1
11-19-2017, 02:05 AM
They had Keeler on last year and he was stunned to be a 5 seed after an undefeated regular season

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Selection show is seperate from the committee

How does the committee treat Nicholls? I think they're out now if McNeese wins.

NAU had tough nonconference, beat ISUR. Didnt really play tough conference schedule. Probably out.

Montana: OOC was easy other than Washington. Beat NAU. Prolly out.

EWU tough OOC, beat Montana, beat a lot of same teams as NAU, but also had to play Weber. I think they're in.

Delaware: Lost to VTech, JMU, beat SBU, Maine, Richmond. Should be enough to get in.

UNH: FBS win, beat Maine, Elon, ugly loss to Holy Cross. Probably 50/50 to get in. If Nicholls is out, theyre probably in.

Furman: Tough OOC sched may save them. WCU, Mercer, Citadel are decent/okay wins. Think commitee puts them in with close loss today to Samford and UNH shitting bed to Albany

56BISON73
11-19-2017, 02:09 AM

10am ESPNU

Bison20
11-19-2017, 02:46 AM
We should be number 2 no way around it. Any Missouri valley champ with only 1 loss deserves a 1 or 2 seed. Every other game is against a ranked team. Hopefully we end up 2 and sdsu gets 4 or 5 seed. They need to break up the mvc teams but the committee has to much east coast bias and know no team other than jmu can make it to Frisco if there are a couple teams from our conference on each side of the bracket

NoDak
11-19-2017, 02:55 AM
We should be number 2 no way around it. Any Missouri valley champ with only 1 loss deserves a 1 or 2 seed. Every other game is against a ranked team. Hopefully we end up 2 and sdsu gets 4 or 5 seed. They need to break up the mvc teams but the committee has to much east coast bias and know no team other than jmu can make it to Frisco if there are a couple teams from our conference on each side of the bracket

I think the bigger factor is that they want to avoid a situation where 2 teams from the same conference end up in the Championship game like happened when we played ISUr a couple years ago and nearly happened again last year. It makes the other conferences look bad.

EC8CH
11-19-2017, 02:59 AM
I think the bigger factor is that they want to avoid a situation where 2 teams from the same conference end up in the Championship game like happened when we played ISUr a couple years ago and nearly happened again last year. It makes the other conferences look bad.

They are bad.

Bison20
11-19-2017, 03:10 AM
I agree, that's y I think we will see sdsu on our side of the brackets. Load up all the good mvc teams on one side so they can get on of the East teams to Frisco. They need to do away with regionalization and just seed everyone and let them play

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 03:18 AM
Bold prediction: JMU will have a cake walk to Frisco

Wally
11-19-2017, 03:53 AM
The jax will be on our side of the bracket. The committee is obsessed with the possibility.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2017, 03:56 AM
The jax will be on our side of the bracket. The committee is obsessed with the possibility.

They are the 5th or 6th best team so I don't have an issue with it.

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 01:06 PM
The thing that is so fucking frustrating about the whole thing is that their main objective should be getting it right. And while there really is no true way of knowing with the last-in/last-out teams, chalk is a good thing for the committee. Having all the seeds win, then having 1 beat 8, 2 beat 7, etc., all the way down the line to having 1 vs 2 in Frisco. That would show that the committee really evaluated the teams in the tournament accurately. Of course they all have their own objectives and agendas so getting it right really doesn't matter to them.

NoDak
11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
The thing that is so fucking frustrating about the whole thing is that their main objective should be getting it right. And while there really is no true way of knowing with the last-in/last-out teams, chalk is a good thing for the committee. Having all the seeds win, then having 1 beat 8, 2 beat 7, etc., all the way down the line to having 1 vs 2 in Frisco. That would show that the committee really evaluated the teams in the tournament accurately. Of course they all have their own objectives and agendas so getting it right really doesn't matter to them.

It would be nice if things worked out that way. But funny things happen when teams play. Sometimes the team that is NOT as good wins. Whether it is luck, preparation, injury, or whatever. It is not possible for those things to be predicted

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 01:25 PM
It would be nice if things worked out that way. But funny things happen when teams play. Sometimes the team that is NOT as good wins. Whether it is luck, preparation, injury, or whatever. It is not possible for those things to be predictedAgreed, but you have to admit when a 2 or 3 seed loses its first game, it doesn't look good.

bisonaudit
11-19-2017, 01:26 PM
It would be nice if things worked out that way. But funny things happen when teams play. Sometimes the team that is NOT as good wins. Whether it is luck, preparation, injury, or whatever. It is not possible for those things to be predicted

It’s only 23 games. Of course it’s possible. Unlikely, but definitely possible. The committee generally isn’t very good at identifying the better teams though so...

CalBison97
11-19-2017, 01:26 PM

I don’t think he’s talking about actual game outcomes, rather, seeding it ‘properly’...i.e. without bias, agenda, bus trips, etc.

DakotaOkie
11-19-2017, 01:28 PM

While I agree the committee needs to get it right, this was exactly the premise that FBS used to pick national champions prior to the nonsensical 4 team playoff system was devised. Committees and later computers picked the champion because they would "get it right" (<-- "that's purple"). There is a pretty good chance that some combination of the top 8 teams will be in the final but lest we forget, unseeded Youngstown made it to Frisco last year. They earned the right to play. Did the committee get it right? I don't know, but the #1 and #2 seeds went home early.
I just hope the brackets are not set up to align the MVFC Dakota teams once again.

Mr Meaty
11-19-2017, 01:42 PM
The MVFC rep better be lobbying hard for a NDSU 2seed with one other MVFC team on our side with other MVFC teams on the other side. Committee from MVFC do your job and not screw the whole conference again.

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 02:28 PM
While I agree the committee needs to get it right, this was exactly the premise that FBS used to pick national champions prior to the nonsensical 4 team playoff system was devised. Committees and later computers picked the champion because they would "get it right" (<-- "that's purple"). There is a pretty good chance that some combination of the top 8 teams will be in the final but lest we forget, unseeded Youngstown made it to Frisco last year. They earned the right to play. Did the committee get it right? I don't know, but the #1 and #2 seeds went home early.
I just hope the brackets are not set up to align the MVFC Dakota teams once again.I will counter with the fact that the committee seeded UND last year. They did a fabulous job of overrating entire conferences and maximizing bus trips.

NorthernBison
11-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Whatever. The Bison will get to prove it on the field. Going to JSU and trashing them would be sweet and would certainly get brought up the next time some weak assed conference demands "respect".

No_Skill
11-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Looks like the top 4 were released. No surprises.

NoDak
11-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Agreed, but you have to admit when a 2 or 3 seed loses its first game, it doesn't look good.

I agree it doesn't look good. But it does happen sometimes. Look at the NBA/MLB playoffs. Those are NOT seeded by a "committee" but based on W-L record with codified tie-breakers. Every team in the pool plays every other team in the pool multiple times. And then, in the playoffs, they play multiple games in a short period of time and the winner of the "series" has to win multiple games. Yet, sometimes the #8 seed knocks off the #1 seed (2017 Yankees beat Cleveland, 2015 Cubs beat STL--and in both of those cases the lower seed didn't even win its division, in the 2015 case the #3 seed in the DIVISION knocked off the #1 seed in the division and the league). So no matter HOW HARD the committee tries to "get it right" funny things happen in sports.

Their goal is to have seeds 1-4 meet in the semi-finals. But no matter how hard they try sometimes they will get it wrong.

I, personally, don't buy the whole, "The committee hates the MVFC" or "there is a bias for/against x." The only embarrassment I think they are trying to avoid is 2 teams from the same conference meeting in the finals. It makes the rest of the FCS look like cannon fodder which really huts the brand and frustrates fans from those conferences.

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree it doesn't look good. But it does happen sometimes. Look at the NBA/MLB playoffs. Those are NOT seeded by a "committee" but based on W-L record with codified tie-breakers. Every team in the pool plays every other team in the pool multiple times. And then, in the playoffs, they play multiple games in a short period of time and the winner of the "series" has to win multiple games. Yet, sometimes the #8 seed knocks off the #1 seed (2017 Yankees beat Cleveland, 2015 Cubs beat STL--and in both of those cases the lower seed didn't even win its division, in the 2015 case the #3 seed in the DIVISION knocked off the #1 seed in the division and the league). So no matter HOW HARD the committee tries to "get it right" funny things happen in sports.

Their goal is to have seeds 1-4 meet in the semi-finals. But no matter how hard they try sometimes they will get it wrong.

I, personally, don't buy the whole, "The committee hates the MVFC" or "there is a bias for/against x." The only embarrassment I think they are trying to avoid is 2 teams from the same conference meeting in the finals. It makes the rest of the FCS look like cannon fodder which really huts the brand and frustrates fans from those conferences.Apples to oranges. I'll take a look at the NBA playoffs, when was the last time an 8 took down a 1?

Fact is when you have representatives from conferences who are ADs for schools involved there will be biases. They can claim until they are blue in the face that they want to get it right but those biases shine through year after year.

2011BisonAlumni
11-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Apples to oranges. I'll take a look at the NBA playoffs, when was the last time an 8 took down a 1?

Fact is when you have representatives from conferences who are ADs for schools involved there will be biases. They can claim until they are blue in the face that they want to get it right but those biases shine through year after year.

From memory, in 2007 Warriors beat Mavs as an 8 seed. I also believe Sixers beat Bulls as an 8 the year Rose tore his ACL. 2012 or so.

NoDak
11-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Apples to oranges. I'll take a look at the NBA playoffs, when was the last time an 8 took down a 1?

OK. I will do partial retraction. The fact that ADs are in the decision making process makes it all, even if unintentionally--and that is up for debate--biased. The bias I am talking about is if they are sitting there debating and someone says, "Yes, of course Central Arkansas is a good team. But if we don't put an east coast team at or near the top then we are losing a HUGE TV market."

And if there is a bias like this one (an explicit bias), that can actually work in NDSU's favor as often as not. Right now NDSU is the "flagship" team of the FCS. For many luke-warm football fans that dabble in FCS for the last couple games of the playoffs NDSU is THE team. Even though they didn't win it all last year. Football fans across the country have watched NDSU for years. Not only seeing them destroy the FCS playoffs but also watched them dismantle the Hawkeyes. Many have become fans of the Bison. Some have taken the other path and decided to hate them as "the Evil Empire."

The sad truth is that there is no "perfect" way to do a playoff. It is somewhat counter-intuitive. But sometimes the best team loses in a playoff. And "seeding" in a league where most of the top teams DON'T play against one another is a crap-shoot at best. But as the FBS found out, doing it by "vote" is also not assured to come to a perfect conclusion.

oldmantutters
11-19-2017, 04:36 PM
OK. I will do partial retraction. The fact that ADs are in the decision making process makes it all, even if unintentionally--and that is up for debate--biased. The bias I am talking about is if they are sitting there debating and someone says, "Yes, of course Central Arkansas is a good team. But if we don't put an east coast team at or near the top then we are losing a HUGE TV market."

And if there is a bias like this one (an explicit bias), that can actually work in NDSU's favor as often as not. Right now NDSU is the "flagship" team of the FCS. For many luke-warm football fans that dabble in FCS for the last couple games of the playoffs NDSU is THE team. Even though they didn't win it all last year. Football fans across the country have watched NDSU for years. Not only seeing them destroy the FCS playoffs but also watched them dismantle the Hawkeyes. Many have become fans of the Bison. Some have taken the other path and decided to hate them as "the Evil Empire."

The sad truth is that there is no "perfect" way to do a playoff. It is somewhat counter-intuitive. But sometimes the best team loses in a playoff. And "seeding" in a league where most of the top teams DON'T play against one another is a crap-shoot at best. But as the FBS found out, doing it by "vote" is also not assured to come to a perfect conclusion.I get that they have a few handcuffs to work with in regards to autobids and budgets. There is also the dilemma of best teams versus most deserving teams. But IMO number 1 should be getting the seeds right and then fill in the rest.

NoDak
11-19-2017, 06:56 PM
I get that they have a few handcuffs to work with in regards to autobids and budgets. There is also the dilemma of best teams versus most deserving teams. But IMO number 1 should be getting the seeds right and then fill in the rest.

But my point is that they are probably trying. Just because a lower seed sometimes beats a higher seed is kind of the importance of the tourney. Otherwise they could simply have announced JMU as champion if they had a foolproof way of establishing rankings.

Besides, if they did that what would people like us and the inane talking heads on TV and sports-talk radio rant about?

Hammerhead
11-20-2017, 01:57 AM
I doubt NDSU ever had a player hold last year’s trophy during the selection show look-in like JMU did.

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2017, 02:12 AM
I doubt NDSU ever had a player hold last year’s trophy during the selection show look-in like JMU did.

it was their CAA championship trophy. looks similar to the national championship one but it wasnt.

EC8CH
11-20-2017, 02:38 AM

Nah. We just have ADs of OVC schools tweet pictures of themselves holding our old trophies.