PDA

View Full Version : USD Post Game Thoughts

Kevin
11-11-2017, 11:05 PM
1) Thank you Seniors.
2) Stick is a stud. Great bounce back. Still the best qb in the valley, etc.
3) Great showing by the defense as a whole. I was really worried after that first yotes drive.
4) Brooks should get more carries. He's fast. Really fast.
5) It would be nice to have a kick return without a penalty.
6) One more week for an outright Valley Championship. Life is good.

IzzyFlexion
11-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Glad that Davis got a few snaps.

Thought we might have seen him a drive earlier.......but........good to see him back on the field.

Brooks................wow.

SoCalBison
11-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Very nice performance by the OC and QB. Defense played really tough in the second half. Brooks is impressive at getting free and using his speed, hope to see lots more. Wilson had a good game too. Now let's take down the Redbirds and get on with the playoffs.

tony
11-11-2017, 11:15 PM
If anybody bitches about the TEs not being targeted this weekend, then that's a mocking.

Hola
11-11-2017, 11:16 PM
1.) Seth Wlison, going to be special
2.) Ty Brooks, explosive
3.) Bruce, will dominate on the inside, especially 1 and 2 being incorporated.
4). Tight ends (Awesome)
5.) CAS knows defense, they played fast today

Bison4peat
11-11-2017, 11:18 PM
#2 seed is our destiny. There is enough in the tank to get this done. I feel much better after today.

awBison
11-11-2017, 11:31 PM
This Bison team is more talented than most of the past championship teams. The big difference in this team and past teams is penalties. If ndsu doesn't win out I'm guessing the main reason will be penalties.
Coach Bohl seemed to pride himself on having no penalties, and I liked that. Play with no penalties and let other teams beat themselves instead of constantly beating yourself up and having to play twice as well as you should have to play.

ThunderDan
11-11-2017, 11:34 PM
1) Thank you Seniors.
2) Stick is a stud. Great bounce back. Still the best qb in the valley, etc.
3) Great showing by the defense as a whole. I was really worried after that first yotes drive.
4) Brooks should get more carries. He's fast. Really fast.
5) It would be nice to have a kick return without a penalty.
6) One more week for an outright Valley Championship. Life is good.
I really don't get how Stick is a better qb than Strevler, but maybe I am a total idiot

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2017, 11:37 PM
I really don't get how Stick is a better qb than Strevler, but maybe I am a total idiot

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/d/d5/Who_fucking_cares.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081118202327

CentennialBison
11-11-2017, 11:39 PM

Stick had a really good game, but I still don't consider him the best in the MVFC. When he is on, he does look better than Brock Jensen. I think he is a confidence player and when he gets out of his own head he is good FCS QB. The coaches need to game plan around his strengths which I feel like they did.

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Stick had a really good game, but I still don't consider him the best in the MVFC. When he is on, he does look better than Brock Jensen. I think he is a confidence player and when he gets out of his own head he is good FCS QB. The coaches need to game plan around his strengths which I feel like they did.

Why is Stick better than Streveler?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/06da298cbe9ddf8f5713d854161c759e/tenor.gif?itemid=5797405

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Very impressive win. Way to get back to what we do best. Easton was a stud today. One more to go!!

23Bison
11-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Not good enough. Needed another 7 points. Maybe we’ll bounce back next weekend.

Sufficient amount of purple.

EC8CH
11-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Bridges and rest of secondary played very well.

GOBISON123
11-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Great team win today.
Easton was great today.
Ty has some good vision and speed.
I wish our DBs tried more pass break attempts rather than just tackling the WRs after a catch. It looked like Chris Streveler was picking and choosing his receivers and getting 7 or 8 yards every play.
Loved the play calling by Coach Courtney.

bisonp
11-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Looked great against a very good team today. Injuries are adding up though.

EC8CH
11-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Clipping call seemed highly suspect live. Glad they didn't keep calling it cause it looked to me like we kept running that stretch play to Brooks with same blocking and it kept getting big yards.

HerdBot
11-11-2017, 11:50 PM
We pounded the rock 46 times and was effective running play action. Their weren't a ton of passes but they were effective. Amazing bounce back game

EC8CH
11-11-2017, 11:52 PM
I wish our DBs tried more pass break attempts rather than just tackling the WRs after a catch. It looked like Chris Streveler was picking and choosing his receivers and getting 7 or 8 yards every play.

So much derp it was too much for one thread to contain it all.

Bison56
11-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Good play calling, nice to see stick under center more, and running play action out of it.

CentennialBison
11-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Can we please stop running the RPO from the shotgun for 2 yard gain? It really isn't an RPO if you mostly just run. Just run a shotgun zone run play then. Or at least throw a sweep with a 2 RB set.

56BISON73
11-11-2017, 11:59 PM

Strevler is a stud.

Hammerhead
11-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Defense looked good, too. Held USD to their lowest scoring output this year.

Mr Meaty
11-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Great game today!

HerdBot
11-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Can we please stop running the RPO from the shotgun for 2 yard gain? It really isn't an RPO if you mostly just run. Just run a shotgun zone run play then. Or at least throw a sweep with a 2 RB set.

I think it's good for a change of pace but like Stick under center

semobison
11-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Defense looked good, too. Held USD to their lowest scoring output this year.

USD was 0-4 on 4th down attempts. I think that was huge. We gave up some yards to a great offense but came up with big stops when we needed to!

DakotaOkie
11-12-2017, 12:30 AM
This game made the Bison offense and defense stats to date look pretty legit. One can draw any conclusion they wish, but the doubters indicating all of the offense/defense production was due to a weak schedule now have to include most of the MVFC. Shutting down USD's offensive scoring machine was no small task nor was putting up over 600 yards of total offense and 49 points. I do hope the bulk of the injuries were relatively minor and the guys will be be back again this season.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Dmitri Williams had an excellent game, overshadowed by others but very, very solid player.

1st&TennBison
11-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Screw that TE that SDSU has, I would put our TE's right up there with him any day. They got open, they were catching balls and their runs after that catch were awesome. It was nice watching them bounce off defenders, stiff arming them and carrying 2-3 of them down field before getting tackled.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Screw that TE that SDSU has, I would put our TE's right up there with him any day. They got open, they were catching balls and their runs after that catch were awesome. It was nice watching them bounce off defenders, stiff arming them and carrying 2-3 of them down field before getting tackled.

Illies rarely goes down on first contact. Huge yac today.

td577
11-12-2017, 12:52 AM
The Bison certainly showed up today. Almost 650 yards, almost 50 points, and the only part of the game it seemed like the Bison had trouble with was getting one yard. I am not nitpicking, I just thought it was interesting. The depleted defense not only held their own against a big play offense, they pretty much shut them down after half time. You make a QB move, their accuracy plummets.

I have said this in years past, there are games you can point out when Coach K has more involvement in the defense. I think it is less and less as Entz is becoming very capable without much help anymore, but this game had Klieman writing all over the defense. They obviously saw some things UNI was doing well because they did a lot of things UNI does on defense. Playing a lot of 4-3 under and funneling everything to the OLB, so it plays out more like a 3-4 defense. They didn't play it perfectly, but they played it well enough to through USD completely off their game. The Bison D wasn't just offsetting to the weak side either, they were mixing some over in there too. I love defenses and today counted on everyone really being disciplined to stay in their lane. In the second half, the Bison were pretty much in a quarter package the whole time and when they were bring extra pressure, they were playing their safeties like LBers in a 3-4. This was as drastic of a change the defense has made in any game that I have seen some of the option teams they have played. If they played a team like USD again, now the defense will see what happens when they abandon their responsibilities because those were the plays the yotes kept drives alive. I have said this before, if I was a P5 head coach, I would be begging Klieman to be my d-coordinator.

The Bison surely locked in a first round buy, which is desperately needed. This team needs some time off. Get the win next week and I feel they leave the committee very little choice but to move them back into the #2 spot. The road to Frisco goes through the dome again. A bye and hopefully a break from some valley teams for at least a game or two and it should be a favorable set up to have some more depth in the championship rounds of this season long fight towards another trophy.

I want to address one thing I have heard over and over again about Coach K teams vs. Coach Bohl teams and penalties. I decided to look up the per game average since 2004. Here it is:
2004: 5.63
2005: 6.27
2006: 4.54
2007: 6.72
2008: 5.72
2009: 6.36
2010: 7.42
2011: 5.53*
2012: 4.86*
2013: 4.86*
2014: 6.06*
2015: 5.13*
2016: 5.92
2017: 5.50

So in those 14 years, Coach K years were ranked 4th (2015)*#, 5th (2017)#, 9th (2016)#, and 10th (2014)*#. *NC years #MVFC Champs

What is also interesting about the penalty numbers, they drastically went down consistently the year Coach K was hired on the staff. If penalties are going to be the barometer for level of discipline, then it is pretty obvious there hasn't been much of a change from one regime to the next. At least using the last few years of the Bohl regime. I do think with the talent level across FCS consistently getting better over the past 6 to 7 years, penalties are more difficult to overcome every year which make them stand out more.

NDSUstudent
11-12-2017, 12:54 AM
If this team wins next week and isn't a #2 seed, a crime has been committed.

If SDSU wins they should be #3.

westnodak93bison
11-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Screw that TE that SDSU has, I would put our TE's right up there with him any day. They got open, they were catching balls and their runs after that catch were awesome. It was nice watching them bounce off defenders, stiff arming them and carrying 2-3 of them down field before getting tackled.IF, we actually throw to them. Still no Jenson?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2017, 12:58 AM
So what happens when the South Dakota Strevelers lose Chris Streveler? He won't be able to Streveler every Streveler for them. I mean how are they going to Streveler?

They're Strevelered

td577
11-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Clipping call seemed highly suspect live. Glad they didn't keep calling it cause it looked to me like we kept running that stretch play to Brooks with same blocking and it kept getting big yards.

I am thinking the refs figured out the USD defender turned away at the last second and the actual cut block shouldn't have been called. Maybe you can make a penalty happen once by turning your body at the last moment, but someone will point it out to the ref and they will look for that the next time. It isn't much on the blocker when the defender is squared up when you initiate the block and they quickly turn during the block.

1st&TennBison
11-12-2017, 01:02 AM
So what happens when the South Dakota Strevelers lose Chris Streveler? He won't be able to Streveler every Streveler for them. I mean how are they going to Streveler?

They're Strevelered

Not if they Stick the Stick out of their Stick. Stick them in the Stick and they will get Sticked by a bigger Stick until someone takes their Stick. Then they will be Sticked for good.
Or is it DeLucaed ?

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 01:03 AM

They're Strevelered

This is solid work.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Thank good Bison didn't lose during an Eagles bye week. Thatda sucked.

Christopher Moen
11-12-2017, 01:16 AM
If anybody bitches about the TEs not being targeted this weekend, then that's a mocking.

Over the middle/seam route and everything. I broke out a few dance moves after that play.

Milkman
11-12-2017, 01:26 AM

They're Strevelered

This is all I could think of when reading your post.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/rick-morty-squanchy.gif?w=650

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2017, 01:28 AM
This is all I could think of when reading your post.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/rick-morty-squanchy.gif?w=650

that's absolutely the visual I had when I started writing it.

Winning is Gr8
11-12-2017, 02:01 AM

Not with 2 losses- NDSU should be #1 but hope SDSU is #5 and is on the other side of bracket- let them take JMU out or get beat by them.

1998braves64
11-12-2017, 02:02 AM
Clipping call seemed highly suspect live. Glad they didn't keep calling it cause it looked to me like we kept running that stretch play to Brooks with same blocking and it kept getting big yards.Wasn't clipping, it was blocking below the waist. It was clearly visible on the replay I saw in the dome.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Rock
11-12-2017, 02:28 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/02803ad68c4ce2c53fb46f6a3ce0cefa.jpg

stevdock
11-12-2017, 02:56 AM
What was up with the Vaaler scoreboard today?? They kept showing Washington ahead of Stanford 7-0 in the first when the game was played LAST NIGHT. Today those boards were a complete waste as the only other thing they showed were games that were supposed to start around ours but never got updated.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 03:02 AM
Wasn't clipping, it was blocking below the waist. It was clearly visible on the replay I saw in the dome.

Yes, sorry not clipping but illegal block below the waist. I saw the block below the waist too but failed to see how it was illegal.

Mr Meaty
11-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Yes, sorry not clipping but illegal block below the waist. I saw the block below the waist too but failed to see how it was illegal.

The defender was looking at the bison player. Cut block flags are to protect players that don't see it coming. That was not the case on that play. Poor call.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 03:05 AM
What was up with the Vaaler scoreboard today?? They kept showing Washington ahead of Stanford 7-0 in the first when the game was played LAST NIGHT. Today those boards were a complete waste as the only other thing they showed were games that were supposed to start around ours but never got updated.

I frankly don't know where to look to find much of anything except replays. Info is all so random I've given up on looking for it. I did catch the 90 plus completion percentage walking out though and was like... Woah!

1998braves64
11-12-2017, 03:07 AM
Yes, sorry not clipping but illegal block below the waist. I saw the block below the waist too but failed to see how it was illegal.The one I saw he essentially dived in front of the defender, never really engaged him, which I believe outside the tackle box you can no longer do?

I think he meant to get higher up on the defender...

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 03:13 AM
The one I saw he essentially dived in front of the defender, never really engaged him, which I believe outside the tackle box you can no longer do?

I think he meant to get higher up on the defender...

Same play. Looked perfectly legal to me.

1998braves64
11-12-2017, 03:47 AM
Same play. Looked perfectly legal to me.Below Waist
ARTICLE 2. a. A block below the waist is a block in which the force of the
initial contact is below the waist of an opponent who has one or both feet on
the ground. When in question, the contact is below the waist (Rule 9-1-6).
b. A blocker who makes contact above the waist and then slides below the
waist has not blocked below the waist. If the blocker first contacts the
opposing player’s hands at the waist or above, it is a legal “above the waist’’
block (Rule 9-1-6).

ARTICLE 6. a. Team A prior to a change of team possession:.
1. While the ball is inside the tackle box, the following players may
legally block below the waist inside the tackle box until they leave the
tackle box: linemen completely inside the tackle box, and stationary
backs at least partially inside the tackle box and at least partially
inside the frame of the body of the second lineman from the snapper.
(A.R. 9-1-6-V)
2. While the ball is inside the tackle box, all other players (i.e., those
not covered in paragraph 1), and all players after the ball has left the
tackle box, are allowed to block below the waist only if the force of
the initial contact is directed from the front. “Directed from the
front” means within the clock-face region between “10 o’clock and 2
o’clock” forward of the player being blocked. Exceptions are given in
paragraphs 3 and 4. (A.R. 9-1-6-I-II, IV, VII-VIII)
3. Players not covered in paragraph 1 (above) may not block below the waist
toward the original position of the ball at the snap until the ball carrier is
clearly beyond the neutral zone.
4. Once the ball has left the tackle box a player may not block below the
waist toward his own end line. (A.R. 9-1-6-III)

Bolded part of 1. Above I believe was why it was called. If he'd engaged first then dropped down then it's a legal block, per the first two items.

bisonaudit
11-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Not with 2 losses- NDSU should be #1 but hope SDSU is #5 and is on the other side of bracket- let them take JMU out or get beat by them.

Just because the committee values Ws and Ls doesn't make it right.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 04:00 AM
all players after the ball has left the
o’clock” forward of the player being blocked.

I believe this was the situation. Officials must have thought block wasn't directed from the front... Hogwash.

1998braves64
11-12-2017, 04:10 AM
I believe this was the situation. Officials must have thought block wasn't directed from the front... Hogwash.Missed that part of rule but always thought that once they got outside they had to engage before they could drop below the waist...

Professor Chaos
11-12-2017, 04:19 AM
Below Waist
ARTICLE 2. a. A block below the waist is a block in which the force of the
initial contact is below the waist of an opponent who has one or both feet on
the ground. When in question, the contact is below the waist (Rule 9-1-6).
b. A blocker who makes contact above the waist and then slides below the
waist has not blocked below the waist. If the blocker first contacts the
opposing player’s hands at the waist or above, it is a legal “above the waist’’
block (Rule 9-1-6).

ARTICLE 6. a. Team A prior to a change of team possession:.
1. While the ball is inside the tackle box, the following players may
legally block below the waist inside the tackle box until they leave the
tackle box: linemen completely inside the tackle box, and stationary
backs at least partially inside the tackle box and at least partially
inside the frame of the body of the second lineman from the snapper.
(A.R. 9-1-6-V)
2. While the ball is inside the tackle box, all other players (i.e., those
not covered in paragraph 1), and all players after the ball has left the
o’clock” forward of the player being blocked. Exceptions are given in
paragraphs 3 and 4. (A.R. 9-1-6-I-II, IV, VII-VIII)
3. Players not covered in paragraph 1 (above) may not block below the waist
toward the original position of the ball at the snap until the ball carrier is
clearly beyond the neutral zone.
4. Once the ball has left the tackle box a player may not block below the
waist toward his own end line. (A.R. 9-1-6-III)

Bolded part of 1. Above I believe was why it was called. If he'd engaged first then dropped down then it's a legal block, per the first two items.

It was a horrendous call IMO. Only reason the contact happened below the waist was because the USD guy was running away from the block. Even with that it was barely a touch and it provided zero advantage to the blocker since it had no effect on the play along with putting the blockee in no danger (since he obviously saw the block coming since he was running away from it). There was no reason to throw the flag there.

NorthernBison
11-12-2017, 04:31 AM
It was a horrendous call IMO. Only reason the contact happened below the waist was because the USD guy was running away from the block. Even with that it was barely a touch and it provided zero advantage to the blocker since it had no effect on the play along with putting the blockee in no danger (since he obviously saw the block coming since he was running away from it). There was no reason to throw the flag there.

I wonder what the official actually saw. First, the rule is complicated. Second, the defender turned. I didn't agree with the call either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
11-12-2017, 04:36 AM
This Bison team is more talented than most of the past championship teams.

Okay, I'll bite. More talented than which championship teams?

bisonforever
11-12-2017, 04:58 AM
Good play calling, nice to see stick under center more, and running play action out of it.. ^^^^^^This!

thebootfitter
11-12-2017, 06:18 AM

SDSU probably should be #3 if they win, but I'd rather see them on the JMU side of the bracket at #4. If they play like they did against us, I could see them beating JMU. Of course, I wouldn't count on them either being seeded #4 or beating JMU. I wouldn't even count on them beating USD yet.

1st&TennBison
11-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but just a quick question. In the first quarter during a TV timeout who was that young lady who sang. Man she nailed it, killer voice.

NorthernBison
11-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but just a quick question. In the first quarter during a TV timeout who was that young lady who sang. Man she nailed it, killer voice.

Moriah Formica. She is currently on The Voice. Apparently touring a bit? Not 100% sure as I don't watch the show. She was on with Jay Thomas on Friday.

She said she opened locally for Michael Sweet and did a couple songs with Halestorm in the past. She has been compared to Lizzy Hale and it's an appropriate comparison.

Bison"FANatic"
11-12-2017, 11:54 AM
We always seem to hear the bad but.......
As I was walking into the dome there was a few USD fans coming in. I said good luck today I hope it is a good game. The one lady stops and turns around and makes sure I knew that they couldn't believe how nice NDSU fans had been to them.

MNLonghorn10
11-12-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't know what to think of strevler, I definitely didn't think his hype lived up to standards, a couple running sideline dunno offs was his most effective play. I think christon is much more dangerous but then again he has better weapons to play with.

I don't know.

I do know today's tailgate with Usd fans was one of our best ever

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 12:37 PM
I don't know what to think of strevler, I definitely didn't think his hype lived up to standards, a couple running sideline dunno offs was his most effective play. I think christon is much more dangerous but then again he has better weapons to play with.

I don't know.

USD fans >>>>>>>>>> SDSU fans.

X-Factor
11-12-2017, 12:51 PM

I don't know.

I would go with Streveler every time. His cast isn't as good as Weineke and Goedert, plus Streveler couldn't count on his oline being allowed to tackle defenders on every drop back. I was very impressed at how the coyotes moved the ball down the field despite being outmatched at maybe every position other than Streveler.

KilldeerBison
11-12-2017, 01:21 PM

I don't know.

IMO, Strevler is much more physical player than Christon, the hits he took would put Christon out of the game.

IndyBison
11-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I wonder what the official actually saw. First, the rule is complicated. Second, the defender turned. I didn't agree with the call either.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe low block rules are very complex. The most common time it becomes a foul is downfield when it's not 10-2. If he was running away and hit him from the side it would likely be a foul. If the contact is at the side because the defender turned after the blocker was committed them it wouldn't be a foul. That's often a judgement call and since this is a safety foul and not an advantage/disadvantage foul they will err on the side of foul.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bruinbison
11-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Moriah Formica. She is currently on The Voice. Apparently touring a bit? Not 100% sure as I don't watch the show. She was on with Jay Thomas on Friday.

She said she opened locally for Michael Sweet and did a couple songs with Halestorm in the past. She has been compared to Lizzy Hale and it's an appropriate comparison.

My better half just loved that performance! She is all over it now on FB & the interwebs
Thanx for the name!
Hope Moriah’s Facebook link works here (as I am not a member)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mxOySQFatSw

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2017404808531755&id=1517897258482515&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&_rdr

A1pigskin
11-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have a link for the Bison Running Back that got flipped in the air and landed on his head/neck? I can't remember who it was but I thought it was #8.

Mr. Burgundy
11-12-2017, 02:15 PM
We always seem to hear the bad but.......
As I was walking into the dome there was a few USD fans coming in. I said good luck today I hope it is a good game. The one lady stops and turns around and makes sure I knew that they couldn't believe how nice NDSU fans had been to them.

I thought you were going to discuss our true freshman RB and how he had a huge and critical TD run. Haha. All good bud

Rock
11-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Game thoughts:

1. Great game plan and execution- run commitment but Stick also identified people out of position and kept eyes downfield to burn them early. 11/12 25.6 yards per pass 46 runs 7.4 per. Not every run went for 3.3- RELAX when they don’t.

Bison played their game and were good enough to outplay some calls that didn’t go their way. Team felt this after EWU 2011 and I think got another reminder with SDSU. They may not always win, but I think have the best opportunity when controlling what they can. Some like vanilla and chocolate. I like vanilla. It is what the Bison do.

2. Consistent pressure dinged up Streveler early and he was not able to do his thing later in the game. He came up with a limp in the 2nd or early 3rd and may have impacted his ability to finish throws late. Nothing illegal, but this has been a hallmark for some big, tight Bison wins in the past.

3. Thank you seniors- praying for Kuhnert. Been a tough year for injuries and some positives come out with other people getting opportunities. Hate to see those guys going down and not getting to play.

4. I like the way they are rotating backs. 1-2 punch with a pepper of #3. Bruce may have not shown up a ton but he did have some big yards, and is playing the bruiser role. Maybe needs a little more patience. He will pop a couple yet.

5. Looks to me like these guys just got some of the early season swagger back, and I am optimistic for the rest of the year.

*swagger does not mean cross arms after every decent tackle. Celebrate in a way that doesn’t show up opponents. Hug a teammate or something, because everyone is working on each play. Bison swagger, not look at me swagger.

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 02:35 PM
I want to see next year's season poster have the entire team striking the Cox arms crossed pose I love it so much.

Green1
11-12-2017, 02:38 PM
I want to see next year's season poster have the entire team striking the Cox arms crossed pose I love it so much.

Timmerman's season poster is Loaf taking a knee.

Rock
11-12-2017, 03:03 PM

My 6 year old learned the Cam Newton dab at school. He sometimes does it after catching a football while playing catch, remembering to lift the lid to pee, and after brushing teeth.

In fairness he dominated that toothbrush.

Green1
11-12-2017, 03:19 PM
My 6 year old learned the Cam Newton dab at school. He sometimes does it after catching a football while playing catch, remembering to lift the lid to pee, and after brushing teeth.

In fairness he dominated that toothbrush.

6 year olds and Cam Newton. So much in common.

ndsubison1
11-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Streivler sp is the real deal and a true dual threat. D settled down after that first drive.

Mr Meaty
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Streivler sp is the real deal and a true dual threat. D settled down after that first drive.

He is good but the defense is a huge liability. Long season for one guy to carry the load.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2017, 04:43 PM
I felt so much better when sitting down and seeing USD wearing their Mo State Beat Down Whites (credit to former Bison Andre Smith). Nice to see everyone playing their part and playing as a team. I knew but was still surprised how many seniors we have.
Their qb is their team. I was surprised they left him in after the game was out of hand. Really a gamble.
I talked to some usd students at tailgate and they were having a good time and felt welcome. They assured me they will take care of business this coming Saturday against the bunnies :biggrin:

2011BisonAlumni
11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
I felt so much better when sitting down and seeing USD wearing their Mo State Beat Down Whites (credit to former Bison Andre Smith). Nice to see everyone playing their part and playing as a team. I knew but was still surprised how many seniors we have.
Their qb is their team. I was surprised they left him in after the game was out of hand. Really a gamble.
I talked to some usd students at tailgate and they were having a good time and felt welcome. They assured me they will take care of business this coming Saturday against the bunnies :biggrin:

I’m not sure we want that. An SDSU win, combined with an NDSU win, might be enough to finally get both of us
on opposite brackets.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I’m not sure we want that. An SDSU win, combined with an NDSU win, might be enough to finally get both of us
on opposite brackets.

Thus the smile. Do you think usd will win?

Mr Meaty
11-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Thus the smile. Do you think usd will win?

I don't think usd will be able to get it done next week.

Christopher Moen
11-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have a link for the Bison Running Back that got flipped in the air and landed on his head/neck? I can't remember who it was but I thought it was #8.

Yes, that was Bruce getting his legs cut from underneath him after catch pass.

In regards to hits, my favorite was when Easton trucked a DB and ran for few more yards. I wasn't as devastating as Wentz vs. the YSU DB, but it was nice.

westnodak93bison
11-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Got to meet The Dutch Destroyer's family down on the field. Hope to see them at the DE game. So sad to see a young kid and his family go through all that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Frisco Jason
11-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Great effort this weekend Bison; they bounced back from the SDSU loss well!
The coaches showed some new or rarely used wrinkles which I predicted would leave the USD defense guessing!

Another great week of practice should leave the Bison with a great shot a winning the outright MVFC crown this weekend in Normal, Illinois!

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Great effort this weekend Bison; they bounced back from the SDSU loss well!
The coaches showed some new or rarely used wrinkles which I predicted would leave the USD defense guessing!

Another great week of practice should leave the Bison with a great shot a winning the outright MVFC crown this weekend in Normal, Illinois!

Yeah, they were totally confused when HVD went under center.

/Purple

Frisco Jason
11-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they were totally confused when HVD went under center.

/Purple

I appreciate the sentiment and your lack of ability to read between the lines (ur the 2nd person)! My point being wrinkles of any type would work rather effectively and I was right! I dealt with plenty of people such as yourself during my military career and with it being Veterans Day weekend I will refrain from engaging you in a battle of tit for tat!

20 year Retired Disabled Vet

EC8CH
11-12-2017, 10:31 PM
I appreciate the sentiment and your lack of ability to read between the lines (ur the 2nd person)! My point being wrinkles of any type would work rather effectively and I was right! I dealt with plenty of people such as yourself during my military career and with it being Veterans Day weekend I will refrain from engaging you in a battle of tit for tat!

20 year Retired Disabled Vet

Thanks for your service.

I don't see how it's relavent however to your credit grabbing hot takes.

1st&TennBison
11-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks for your service.

I don't see how it's relavent however to your credit grabbing hot takes.

I was wondering the same thing.

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Holy shit are we going to have the kneeling thread again?

Christopher Moen
11-12-2017, 11:33 PM

If so, I’m sitting this one (debate) out.

IzzyFlexion
11-13-2017, 11:20 AM

If so, I’m sitting this one (debate) out.

https://i.imgflip.com/1zac6r.jpg

tjamz
11-13-2017, 11:53 AM

I don't know.

I do know today's tailgate with Usd fans was one of our best everAgreed. Their fans (mostly parents of players) they were setup next to us were outstanding. Had a lot of fun talking with them and partying

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

bisonmike2
11-13-2017, 12:19 PM
I really want USD to win next weekend but I don't see any way they can. I was impressed with Strevler but his receivers aren't 100% and that defense is going to get shredded by SDSU.

EC8CH
11-13-2017, 12:26 PM
USD has Streveler and home field going for them and that's about it. Thought their defense looked much better earlier in the year but maybe that was before the suspensions or just the competition. Good Luck Yotes, you'll need it.

OatmealWicket92
11-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Holy christ Ty Brooks is explosive. -probably already stated a bunch, but holy hell he was so good.-

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2017, 02:10 PM
I really want USD to win next weekend but I don't see any way they can. I was impressed with Strevler but his receivers aren't 100% and that defense is going to get shredded by SDSU.

I agree, but SDSU defense will struggle with how Strevler plays. I think SDSU wins a one score, high scoring game.

ndsubison1
11-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Id prefer Sdsu wins so we avoid them early

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Id prefer Sdsu wins so we avoid them earlySdsu wins gets 4 seed ,
Usd VS pud state for the right to come to Fargo
repeat last Saturdays tailgate
????

Profit

KTF
11-13-2017, 03:50 PM
I got this feeling that NDSU has entered playoff mode. I expect that a rematch with SDSU or USD will result in an NDSU victory.

89MTBISON
11-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Surprised to see Deluca looking a little gimpy saturday. Tanguay still not fully recovered from his knee injury from a year ago, either. Those are two tough dudes. Really impressed with #6, Hendricks has the makings of a real playmaker on defense.

Mr Meaty
11-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Surprised to see Deluca looking a little gimpy saturday. Tanguay still not fully recovered from his knee injury from a year ago, either. Those are two tough dudes. Really impressed with #6, Hendricks has the makings of a real playmaker on defense.

Bridges played well Saturday. I have not noticed him that much this year. Seems to be out there a lot. I know Davis was out might have something to do with it. Cox continues to impress me. He did get caught on a bad angle one time on Strevler, but the rest of the time he was spot on. This team is really rounding into playoff mode.

td577
11-13-2017, 10:28 PM

He isn't a hard hitter like Heagle, but he can play fearlessly near the line of scrimmage like him.

su86
11-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Holy christ Ty Brooks is explosive. -probably already stated a bunch, but holy hell he was so good.-
Too bad the GoHawk that he played with in highschool didn't keep his talent local.

tjbison
11-14-2017, 12:05 AM
Too bad the GoHawk that he played with in highschool didn't keep his talent local.

why?? he hasn't done anything I'm assuming your talking about JJ at UND? Not saying he isn't good but ill take what we have with the guys that wanted to be here

su86
11-14-2017, 01:42 PM
why?? he hasn't done anything I'm assuming your talking about JJ at UND? Not saying he isn't good but ill take what we have with the guys that wanted to be here

Your assumption is correct. Picture Chad Stark with more speed, yup too bad.

Bison Dan
11-14-2017, 02:13 PM

He chose ... poorly

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2017, 02:17 PM
In all honesty, if you had an opportunity to get a ride to Minnesota, you should take it. It's a world class institution. His problem was not sticking to it. You can go be a middling back and get a great education or go be a middling back and get a so-so education.

He's not a football first talent. He's not going to play football for a living.

MAKBison
11-14-2017, 02:38 PM
In all honesty, if you had an opportunity to get a ride to Minnesota, you should take it. It's a world class institution. His problem was not sticking to it. You can go be a middling back and get a great education or go be a middling back and get a so-so education.

He's not a football first talent. He's not going to play football for a living.

yeah, no not so much..... where the degree came from maybe important in some feilds, but its down there on the list for most.