PDA

View Full Version : Offense : 4 turnovers, discuss

HerdBot
11-04-2017, 10:16 PM
I know it was 5, but that last one doesn't count.

We go into a game against a team that can't stop the run yet we only get 59 yards from our running backs. I hated the way we called this game. Too many 1st or 2nd down incompletions putting us I'm 3rd and long. Too much shotgun. No Play action. We got our ass handed to us in time of possession and didn't stick to the run.

Of course the defense wilted late when we needed them but since our offense can't sustain a drive since they were on the field all day

SDSU out physicalled us but much of that has to do with our offense stinking up the joint

Can't win with 4 turnovers. Ever vs any team on the planet

wagsabison
11-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Never felt like we tried to get the running game going. Maybe they weee stacking the box but still.

HerdBot
11-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Never felt like we tried to get the running game going. Maybe they weee stacking the box but still.

Playaction...nobody is tricked by the read option

westnodak93bison
11-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Never felt like we tried to get the running game going. Maybe they weee stacking the box but still.Yeah, sometime you just need to line up a play to our strength rather than always take what the D is giving us. I would love to see 3 tight end sets, pound the rock and short play action passes. Much more QB friendly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Yeah, sometime you just need to line up a play to our strength rather than always take what the D is giving us. I would love to see 3 tight end sets, pound the rock and short play action passes. Much more QB friendly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah the time that really jumps out is the pick before half time which essentially cost us the game. 2 minutes left. Move the ball on the ground with short passes or the running game. Best case scenario we score a TD with a little time on the clock or attempt a field goal. Worst case we punt and they have to go 80 yards and take a knee. In reality we throw a low percentage deep ball that's picked and they score, essentially fucking ourselves

EC8CH
11-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Feels like that's too many.

CaBisonFan
11-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Very bad execution in most phases of the game. Still...we were in it until late...

IzzyFlexion
11-04-2017, 10:52 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1ytc3f.jpg

HerdBot
11-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Wow Klieman sounds really pissed during his press conference

BisonTeacher
11-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Run. The. Damn. Ball. We tried to establish pass against a bad run defense. That simple.

TAILG8R
11-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Stacking the box or not they never proved they could stop the run. We decided to abandon it they did not force the issue imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Stacking the box or not they never proved they could stop the run. We decided to abandon it they did not force the issue imo

Yep. They basically dictated what WE did. That's the epitome of controlling the game. Besides when a team sells out vs the run, that's when we break the long TD runs because the safeties are playing right at the line

tjbison
11-05-2017, 12:25 AM
I know it was 5, but that last one doesn't count.

We go into a game against a team that can't stop the run yet we only get 59 yards from our running backs. I hated the way we called this game. Too many 1st or 2nd down incompletions putting us I'm 3rd and long. Too much shotgun. No Play action. We got our ass handed to us in time of possession and didn't stick to the run.

Of course the defense wilted late when we needed them but since our offense can't sustain a drive since they were on the field all day

SDSU out physicalled us but much of that has to do with our offense stinking up the joint

Can't win with 4 turnovers. Ever vs any team on the planet

Why wouldn't the last one count?

NorthernBison
11-05-2017, 12:35 AM
Why wouldn't the last one count?

It counts in the stats.

It didn't affect the outcome. The other 4 "mattered".

I think that's what he meant

89MTBISON
11-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Does Stick have 8 turnovers in the last three games?

Buffalo.Rider
11-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Wow Klieman sounds really pissed during his press conference

Anyone know where we can watch the postgame press conference?
SDSU coach and SDSU player's videos are on youtube. Nada so far for NDSU coach and players.

tjbison
11-05-2017, 01:25 AM
Anyone know where we can watch the postgame press conference?
SDSU coach and SDSU player's videos are on youtube. Nada so far for NDSU coach and players.

They will be up later tonight or tomorrow morning, different when They are on the road

semobison
11-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Does Stick have 8 turnovers in the last three games?

Yep, but I guess the last one doesn't count.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2017, 02:07 PM
They will be up later tonight or tomorrow morning, different when They are on the road

SDSU has them posted to their youtube.

56BISON73
11-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Stig said they were going to force us to pass. They did. Wevplayed right in to their game plan.

TAILG8R
11-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Stig said they were going to force us to pass. They did. Wevplayed right in to their game plan.

See but this is where I disagree. They didn’t force us to pass. Mess saw the looks they were giving us and tired to Big sky ball it. They were not consistently stopping the run even with a stacked box. We chose to “take what the defense was giving us” except we didn’t, at al.

Green1
11-05-2017, 02:53 PM

I will differ with your thought in pointing out that we came out on offense passing right away. We were not forced into passing by SDSU. Our game plan seemed to be pass first from the start. I wonder if our coaching staff over thought the game plan.

TAILG8R
11-05-2017, 02:57 PM
I will differ with your thought in pointing out that we came out on offense passing right away. We were not forced into passing by SDSU. Our game plan seemed to be pass first from the start. I wonder if our coaching staff over thought the game plan.

I think one specific coach over thought the game plan.

scottietohottie
11-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Down six points in the fourth. 3rd down. True Freshman with one play experience before this game doesn't pick up the blitz. Sack. Discuss.

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Down six points in the fourth. 3rd down. True Freshman with one play experience before this game doesn't pick up the blitz. Sack. Discuss.

Wilson has a ways to go. Given our backfield – and our passing game – this is worrisome.

Deer hunting over on the range right now, so I listened to this one. Glad I don’t have to watch it ..

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I don't know why we can't do Bruce-Ty-Brock. We are too in love with the 3 headed monster backfield. Seth isn't needed just yet.

HerdBot
11-05-2017, 03:31 PM

Seems stupid putting a kid in a position where the likelihood of success is low. We would be much smarter using a fullback in the back field

RonMexico
11-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Why were the Bison forced into passing?? They were averaging 4 yrds per carry. Brooks was averaging over 8 per carry. What forced them into passing?

sorry replied to the wrong post..

RonMexico
11-05-2017, 04:45 PM

Why were the Bison forced into passing?? They were averaging 4 yrds per carry. Brooks was averaging over 8 per carry. What forced them into passing? The only thing that forced them into passing was an OC overthinking the gameplan.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2017, 04:58 PM
I don't know why we can't do Bruce-Ty-Brock. We are too in love with the 3 headed monster backfield. Seth isn't needed just yet.

They must see something in Seth that the other backs don't have.

I wasn't really impressed at all with Bruce yesterday. Ty broke some runs but he seems a bit limited when it comes to running inside.

EndZoneQB
11-05-2017, 05:05 PM
They must see something in Seth that the other backs don't have.

I wasn't really impressed at all with Bruce yesterday. Ty broke some runs but he seems a bit limited when it comes to running inside.

Bruce runs into the backs of our OL all the time. He also looks a half step slower than he was.

Mr Meaty
11-05-2017, 05:12 PM

I did catch that as well. But if you watch them game Bruce missed a block out of the delta formation and brooks was taken down for a loss. Also missed a block for Stick. They was execution issue all the way around. Team loss.

Bison4Life
11-06-2017, 01:38 PM

When did we have the ball only down 6 points in the fourth quarter?

Mr Meaty
11-06-2017, 01:54 PM
When did we have the ball only down 6 points in the fourth quarter?

4th 13:56 NDSU - Easton Stick 11 yd run (Cam Pedersen kick ), 2 plays, 14 yards, TOP 0:46 NDSU21 SDSU27
Yes we were kicking off but if we hold. We are there, but I guess Stick plays defense too.

KNOW IT ALL
11-06-2017, 04:54 PM
No panic, but, I would go into playoff mode starting now with USD game. Get Stick involved more in the running game, start throwing the ball quicker with better timing. How about a few balls down the seams to your TE's???? This offense is so predictable and defenses are starting to jump Sticks routes as they are the same routes called game in and game out, being, sideline out routes and that ugly quick throw out in the flats (many times to a receiver sitting behind the line of scrimmage so its a life ball if incomplete and a TD if the route is jumped. Terrible risk/reward play run way too often).

AND, does NDSU ever run any fake kicks etc..? Bohl teams used to install one timely fake per big game and it was often a play that changed the direction of each game. Competition has picked up its play and NDSU is simply not the big bully on the block anymore.

SDbison
11-06-2017, 05:34 PM
Bruce runs into the backs of our OL all the time. He also looks a half step slower than he was. So much truth in this statement.

Mr Meaty
11-06-2017, 06:00 PM
I really like the creativity of SDSU 2 point conversion. Pull that play out from anywhere on the course

bruinbison
11-06-2017, 06:59 PM
I really like the creativity of SDSU 2 point conversion. Pull that play out from anywhere on the course

Great play! but it did come up short.
Hope the Jacks aren’t claiming having invented this play :bunnyb: :)
(40 seconds into video)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiueNOvCCc

CaBisonFan
11-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Bruce runs into the backs of our OL all the time. He also looks a half step slower than he was.I agree. Bruce is not the old Bruuuuuuuccccceee. Something's up. We really miss Lance Dunn. Ty Brooks is still adjusting to the interior running game. We're hurting at RB. That's a problem in a running-style offense.

CaBisonFan
11-06-2017, 07:04 PM
It snowballed. Trying to make up for past mistakes led to more.

GreenfieldBison
11-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Unless something bad happens to Bruce or Ty between now and Jan 7. With Seth getting real game experience on Saturday when his mistakes cannot cost the season he now has the opportunity to review the video and learn. Then if we actually need him to pick up those blocks say in mid-December he will have been there before. I think those game reps are important for when a loss would end the season.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2017, 07:13 PM
I agree. Bruce is not the old Bruuuuuuuccccceee. Something's up. We really miss Lance Dunn. Ty Brooks is still adjusting to the interior running game. We're hurting at RB. That's a problem in a running-style offense.

Who's the running backs coach? The same OC we're complaining about.

KNOW IT ALL
11-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Who's the running backs coach? The same OC we're complaining about. Brooks took one about 80 yards, called back, that was a nice run for not!

bisonmike2
11-07-2017, 07:07 PM
I think we should commit fewer turnovers. It will help us win future games.

TransAmBison
11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
I think we should commit fewer turnovers. It will help us win future games.Bold strategy...have you tried calling in to the coach with that? It would be way smarter than the regular callers...

bisonmike2
11-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Bold strategy...have you tried calling in to the coach with that? It would be way smarter than the regular callers...

That's typically my gameplan. Commit fewer turnovers and score more points than the other team . If we can do that, I think we can win some games.

StL Bison Fan
11-07-2017, 08:14 PM
TOP is important. The scoring more points is critical.

That's typically my gameplan. Commit fewer turnovers and score more points than the other team . If we can do that, I think we can win some games.

su86
11-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Run. The. Damn. Ball. We tried to establish pass against a bad run defense. That simple.

This^^^^^^

KNOW IT ALL
11-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I remember pregame all the hype about SDSU having troubles on defense. I fully expected them to score points I just thought we would control the ball enough and outscore them, especially in the 4th quarter when our o-line should have had them wore down, NOT!...Also, When a QB is having a bad game it compounds an already poor game plan. BIG SKY here we come!

barnwintersportsengelstad
11-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I remember pregame all the hype about SDSU having troubles on defense. I fully expected them to score points I just thought we would control the ball enough and outscore them, especially in the 4th quarter when our o-line should have had them wore down, NOT!...Also, When a QB is having a bad game it compounds an already poor game plan. BIG SKY here we come!

Hang on to your seats, it's not all the fluff it's made out to be!

Mr Meaty
11-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Hang on to your seats, it's not all the fluff it's made out to be!

Big fluffy must be tough, preseason #1 finished season 3-8