PDA

View Full Version : From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

bulldogg
10-30-2017, 04:48 AM
Just curious. Not really sure about our team this year. Seem a little complacent, but been killing every team we play.

ZHerd
10-30-2017, 04:56 AM
Imo, Bison are a little better than last year. I think that the defense is improved some (will know more after the 2 South Dakota games). Offense is probably about the same and we would have major problems scoring on JMU. I think It would be a low scoring brawl.

EC8CH
10-30-2017, 04:58 AM
"A little complacent"... That's cute.

bulldogg
10-30-2017, 05:12 AM
Why cute??

EC8CH
10-30-2017, 05:15 AM
Complacency setting in after one year. Something about that just seems cute to me.

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Just curious. Not really sure about our team this year. Seem a little complacent, but been killing every team we play.

They're actually pretty good this year, but not good enough to stop many of us on here from ripping on them and act like the world is falling apart while the game is going on. However, being that we do that with every Bison team, every year, it probably means NDSU is a Championship caliber team again.

NovaBison
10-30-2017, 08:53 AM

We are currently in the "iron sharpening Iron" stage of this year's version of the Bison... if we make it through successfully (which I think we will) -- I like our chances for a run to Frisco...

Our defense, is really deep, talented and playing with an attitude.

MNLonghorn10
10-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Ndsus best rb has a hip injury

They're gaining yards but not necessarily lighting up the scoreboard now that they're playing teams with pulses

Defense is awesome per usual

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2017, 12:38 PM
With Cox playing and Deluca playing like Deluca (he was nicked up), this appears to be the best Bison defense since 2013, but we will know for sure after the next two weeks. Most impressive has been the emergence of the DE's which was one of the only liabilities, but no more.

Offensively, we have some issues. Line still needs to take that next step, but the offense is still better than 95% of FCS teams to put this in perspective. Stick appears to be going though the same kind of issues as Brock Jensen when not 100%. We just need to grind through it. Dunn may not be back for sometime, but if Brooks stays healthy, we will be okay.

tjbison
10-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Considering we are 8-0 and have beat 4 top 25 teams couple pretty handily I'd say we are ok

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2017, 01:09 PM
Aside from having 109 season-ending ACL tears and 1 debilitating hip pointer, the Bison are hanging in there.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Aside from having 109 season-ending ACL tears and 1 debilitating hip pointer, the Bison are hanging in there.

I think McFeely may be onto something; it may not be a hip pointer. (ie if Brooks was back, and you think Dunn is close, why pull shirt?) I'd pay attention to the presser today as someone is going to try to pin down Coach K on that one.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Considering we are 8-0 and have beat 4 top 25 teams couple pretty handily I'd say we are ok

Next weeks game if fascinating to me. SDSU is rolling again, but they are about to run into the best D they have faced minus Cox for 1/2 half. On the other hand, SDSU defense is putrid, and NDSU should be able to run the ball. This does not set up well for SDSU IMHO unless they get turnovers.

sbark
10-30-2017, 01:32 PM
With Cox playing and Deluca playing like Deluca (he was nicked up), this appears to be the best Bison defense since 2013, but we will know for sure after the next two weeks. Most impressive has been the emergence of the DE's which was one of the only liabilities, but no more.

Offensively, we have some issues. Line still needs to take that next step, but the offense is still better than 95% of FCS teams to put this in perspective. Stick appears to be going though the same kind of issues as Brock Jensen when not 100%. We just need to grind through it. Dunn may not be back for sometime, but if Brooks stays healthy, we will be okay.

Just with DeLuca.......JMU wouldnt get the run game yardage between the tackles they did last year, will we shut them down totally, maybe not, but the kid wouldnt get 200 for sure.

Offensivly...JMU was able to get more guys at the point the FB lead to the hole than anyone in Fargo. Their defensive speed was impressive, but they fully keyed on the FB and flew to that point of attack very well. Can the Bison bring some trap, zone stretch to combat, screens, flare to rb's to negate...

tjbison
10-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Just with DeLuca.......JMU wouldnt get the run game yardage between the tackles they did last year, will we shut them down totally, maybe not, but the kid wouldnt get 200 for sure.

Offensivly...JMU was able to get more guys at the point the FB lead to the hole than anyone in Fargo. Their defensive speed was impressive, but they fully keyed on the FB and flew to that point of attack very well. Can the Bison bring some trap, zone stretch to combat, screens, flare to rb's to negate...

We have to win out yet before we talk about a game

bulldogg
10-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Complacency setting in after one year. Something about that just seems cute to me.

I see. No offense taken. Just wondering what about my post seemed "cute."

Actually, what I perceive as complacency isn't so much about last year. It has more to do with winning 20 games in a row, I think, and not really being challenged. The last real challenge we had was playing in Fargo. Remember, we were ahead of Youngstown 21-0 very early in the second quarter at Frisco and then the team just let off the gas. We seem to be doing more of that this year, and I'm afraid it is going to come back to bite us in the ass. Our D isn't complacent. It's our offense, and I don't know why.

We still have two ranked teams in Richmond (#11) and Elon (#14) to play, and if we don't get up big and stay up, either one could be a loss. Our offense seems content to go up a couple of scores and coast, letting our D secure the win. We shutout #12 UNH Saturday, 21-0, a perfect example of going up early and letting off the gas. The Bison don't seem to be doing that. You are going for the jugular all the time, and I say that not having seen you play this year, just studying the stats. THAT is the way a championship team should play! I guess keeping that hunger and offensive intensity isn't easy, but aside from Youngstown, you guys seem to have found a way to do it, and just as importantly, when there is a little letdown, you have proven you can win the close games. We will see if we have that when we run up against a buzz saw. Right now, I'm a little worried about it.

I'm not sure if JMU and NDSU will be on the same side of the bracket again this playoff season. If not, Frisco could be a real war if we meet there. Even if the Bison make it that far and JMU doesn't, I will be there, as I live 20 minutes from the stadium. I met several Bison fans in Frisco last year. Every one was friendly and fun to be around. We were tailgating at 11 degrees at 7AM. We southerners were freezing our asses off, which made the Bison fans smile. Now, THAT is "cute."

bisonp
10-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Stick is so up and down this year. NDSU is beatable, but at the same time I think they are better than last year on both sides of the ball. As others have said we will know more about the character of this team after the South Dakota games.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2017, 02:37 PM
I think McFeely may be onto something; it may not be a hip pointer. (ie if Brooks was back, and you think Dunn is close, why pull shirt?) I'd pay attention to the presser today as someone is going to try to pin down Coach K on that one.
Agreed. I don't particularly care for McFeely but he made good points regarding Wilson's emergence signaling an extended absence from Dunn. Getting Klieman to say anything on it in the presser though will be like trying to nail jello to the wall. It'll just be the standard "he's progressing... we'll take it day-by-day/week-by-week" whether Dunn is on track to play Saturday or isn't even close.

Stick is so up and down this year. NDSU is beatable, but at the same time I think they are better than last year on both sides of the ball. As others have said we will know more about the character of this team after the South Dakota games.
I think Stick's performance has been pretty predictable when you look at the defenses he's faced. He's lit up the bad defenses (first 5 games of the year), played decent against good defenses (YSU and WIU), and really struggled against an elite defense (UNI).

JMU has an elite defense this year so if they do end up meeting in the playoffs I don't think the Bison will be able to rely on much of anything from the passing game.

tony
10-30-2017, 02:42 PM
I see. No offense taken. Just wondering what about my post seemed "cute."

I believe he was implying that NDSU doesn't get complacent until the fourth consecutive national title. :)

Anyway, I watched a bit of Delaware v Towson (what a game!) and Delaware's defense looked awesome... assuming JMU's is better, that's a little scary, but, heck, one game at a time. NDSU still has to play South Dakota State, South Dakota, and Illinois State and those teams are the next three best in the conference.

IMO, NDSU's defense has improved. Holding EWU to 13 without DeLuca playing was a good sign, but one weakness NDSU still has is defending a running mobile QB. The DEs have been better on contain - we'll see how much better after playing SDSU and USD.

I'm not so sure about the offense. The offensive line is getting pushed around, and the power running game has been awful until late in the game. OTOH, Stick is a very good QB even though UNI made him look bad. Couldn't tell from the broadcast because they like to zoom in, but I'm guessing UNI went into the same kind of defense that Indiana State used to get a win against Brock Jensen a couple years ago - take away the middle of the field and go with a lot of coverage, keeping everything in front of them. Seems to me that's what UNI did to Youngstown State the week before so it's kind of disappointing that NDSU didn't seem ready for it.

FrozenTech
10-30-2017, 02:47 PM
JMU has an elite defense this year so if they do end up meeting in the playoffs I don't think the Bison will be able to rely on much of anything from the passing game.

Stick didn't look great against UNI. But he made the plays we needed made, when they needed to be made. We won with 30 points on the board, so while his throwing stats looked abysmal, they made the most of the opportunities they had. That's a pretty flipping solid offense. That said, Thank you Robbie Grimsley and the Defense for giving the Offense the kick in the ass they needed to get it going in the second half.

ndsubison1
10-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Defense is better. Offense is a little underwhelming.

BisonTeacher
10-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Defense is better.

I think we are back to being more pressure as opposed to last year we were more bend but dont break.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2017, 03:05 PM
I think Stick's performance has been pretty predictable when you look at the defenses he's faced. He's lit up the bad defenses (first 5 games of the year), played decent against good defenses (YSU and WIU), and really struggled against an elite defense (UNI).

Fully agree. UNI had a great defense. That nose tackle, in particular, was phenomenal. (reminded me of Xavier Williams) He swear he was 3 yards into NDSU's backfield every play.

Tony, you commented on mobile QB's, and that is true. However, having Nick is huge, not to mention Cox in the second half. I just thing it will be tough for SDSU due to that, but yet, they will probably get 20 or so points.

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 03:31 PM
As others have said this Bison defense is the best one since 2013 and that's without Menard. Our Dline rotates a lot, at least 6 deep. We have excellent speed and athleticism at LB and rotate at least 4-5 there as well. Our secondary is getting better every game led by our safety's and Alison has stepped into that shut down corner role. Way more depth then any team I can remember actually.

The offense is not as good as last season IMO. Stick looked really shaky against UNI. His running ability is his greatest asset. Without our #1 backup they have limited his running I think and it's effected his overall game. The oline seems to be getting better every game. Our RB situation is a real concern with all the injuries but Bruce and Ty are a very good combo. TE's are under rated and not targeted enough IMO. WR's have been meh outside of RJ's spectacular catches.

A final between JMU and NDSU would be an epic defensive battle IMO. Would be fairly similar to our first chipper in 2011 against SHSU. They had a great defense that year.

KNOW IT ALL
10-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Defense looks great and seems to be getting stronger as the year progresses. The Offense actually seems to have taken a step back along with a jump in competition as expected. O-line isn't driving teams off the ball in the first half like it has in the past years. Would like to see the Bison try and get the backs more off-tackle vs. between the tackles, at least early in the game. As true with Bison teams in the past the o-line gets stronger late in the game. I do think the offense needs to improve if the Bison are going to make it to Frisco. UNI play calling in the first half was a bit perplexing to me vs. prior games this year and it didn't help that Stick was off his game a bit.

AKBison
10-30-2017, 03:42 PM
As others have said this Bison defense is the best one since 2013 and that's without Menard. Our Dline rotates a lot, at least 6 deep. We have excellent speed and athleticism at LB and rotate at least 4-5 there as well. Our secondary is getting better every game led by our safety's and Alison has stepped into that shut down corner role. Way more depth then any team I can remember actually.

The offense is not as good as last season IMO. Stick looked really shaky against UNI. His running ability is his greatest asset. Without our #1 backup they have limited his running I think and it's effected his overall game. The oline seems to be getting better every game. Our RB situation is a real concern with all the injuries but Bruce and Ty are a very good combo. TE's are under rated and not targeted enough IMO. WR's have been meh outside of RJ's spectacular catches.

A final between JMU and NDSU would be an epic defensive battle IMO. Would be fairly similar to our first chipper in 2011 against SHSU. They had a great defense that year.

If this happens, I hope there is way for Frisco to bring in more seats or even move the game. The 2 fan bases could fill a 30k stadium.

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 03:44 PM
If this happens, I hope there is way for Frisco to bring in more seats or even move the game. The 2 fan bases could fill a 30k stadium.

Move it to Jerry World. :biggrin:

reformedUNDfan
10-30-2017, 03:51 PM
Move it to Jerry World. :biggrin:

30,000 is pretty lowball, and "Cotton Bowl' was the answer you were looking for

bisonmike2
10-30-2017, 04:45 PM

I wish they would but no way that happens. But I got mine already so my concern-o-meter is a lot lower than past years.

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Defense is better. Offense is a little underwhelming.

Defense looks great and seems to be getting stronger as the year progresses. The Offense actually seems to have taken a step back along with a jump in competition as expected. O-line isn't driving teams off the ball in the first half like it has in the past years. Would like to see the Bison try and get the backs more off-tackle vs. between the tackles, at least early in the game. As true with Bison teams in the past the o-line gets stronger late in the game. I do think the offense needs to improve if the Bison are going to make it to Frisco. UNI play calling in the first half was a bit perplexing to me vs. prior games this year and it didn't help that Stick was off his game a bit.

Based on what stats makes you guys think this year's offense is worse than last year?

Comparing scores from last year to this year:

Missouri State: 2016 - NDSU wins 27-3 (428 Total yards - 159 P/269 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 38-11 (434 Total yards - 220 P/214 R).
Indiana State: 2016 - NDSU wins 41-17 (316 Total yards - 73 P/243 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 52-0 (448 Total yards - 202 P/246 R).
Youngstown State: 2016 - NDSU wins 24-3 (329 Total yards - 89 P/240 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 27-24 (393 Total yards - 113 P/280 R).
Western Illinois: 2016 - NDSU wins 21-3 (357 Total yards - 160 P/197 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 24-12 (402 Total yards - 221 P/181 R).
Northern Iowa: 2016 - NDSU wins 24-20 (335 Total yards - 118 P/217 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 30-14 (305 Total yards - 136 P/169 R).

No way this year's team is worse than last year's team. I think people tend to forget how low scoring our offense tends to be during the MVFC season. Just go look throughout the Championship years, and you'll be surprised how few times NDSU scores 30 or more against conference teams.

2011: Three
2012: Four
2013: Five
2014: Six
2015: Four
2016: Two
2017: Three so far.

The reason for this is the power run game. The first half is about tenderizing their DL so they're easier to move against in the second half, which is precisely what happened in the Northern Iowa game. My biggest issue with the UNI game, was Easton locking on one receiver and not going through his progressions to make a better decision. That caused the pick near the endzone and kept him from getting into rhythm for most of the game. It also didn't help when the receivers didn't fight harder to hold on to balls that were being knock out of their hands while catching them.

El_Chapo
10-30-2017, 06:50 PM

we are going to MURDER your team on the field... its not going to be pretty for you .

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Stats alone don't tell the whole story and comparing games from different years can be misleading. Just going by what I'm seeing.

tony
10-30-2017, 06:55 PM
we are going to MURDER your team on the field... its not going to be pretty for you .

Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you? A lot has to happen for JMU and NDSU to even meet.

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Stats alone don't tell the whole story and comparing games from different years can be misleading. Just going by what I'm seeing.

Well, let us know what was so good about last year's offense compared to this year's. Pretty much every game day thread is a meltdown during the MVFC season in regards to our team's offense. The meltdowns this year aren't nearly as bad as last year's or during Jensen's Junior year.

MNLonghorn10
10-30-2017, 07:24 PM
we are going to MURDER your team on the field... its not going to be pretty for you .Just like you murdered those shots on Saturday me boy!

99Bison
10-30-2017, 07:27 PM
Short answer to date is:
Defense is better
Offense is better
Depth is better
Execution is cleaner
Confidence is higher
Desire is higher
Season ending injuries seem higher
Banged up but playing injuries seem lower

What that means 4-8 weeks from now? Will let you know then.

KNOW IT ALL
10-30-2017, 07:34 PM
If JMU were to play as well as they did last year, it will be a battle as they were impressive that day. Toss up!

HerdBot
10-30-2017, 07:39 PM
Like you guys were pretty good. I would say deeper than last year. If we end up playing it would be another good game like last year. Don't think we would score a ton of points vs your defense but I don't think your offense would score much against our defense. Would be a fun game

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Like you guys were pretty good. I would say deeper than last year. If we end up playing it would be another good game like last year. Don't think we would score a ton of points vs your defense but I don't think your offense would score much against our defense. Would be a fun game

It would be like the classic games against UNI or Georgia Southern. First team to 20 points wins.

Honeybooboo
10-30-2017, 08:28 PM
This D is playing great, and I expect them to keep getting better, they will win it for us again if it makes it that far, the O is questionable right now

VirginiaBison
10-30-2017, 09:59 PM
When was the last time the Bison lost to a team 2x in a row?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-30-2017, 10:03 PM

It would be in '09 & '10. We lost to both YSU and SDSU in these years.

CaBisonFan
10-30-2017, 10:10 PM
Even with the injuries...it's a more mature, balanced, and deep team. The offense grinds it out...which is why it seems a little weak at times. RB position is a real concern now.

wagsabison
10-31-2017, 12:34 PM
Even with the injuries...it's a more mature, balanced, and deep team. The offense grinds it out...which is why it seems a little weak at times. RB position is a real concern now.

Hopefully the freshman can help add a little depth. Bruce was a true freshman when he started out.

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2017, 01:16 PM

It would be in '09 & '10. We lost to both YSU and SDSU in these years.

For me, the most painful back-to-back losses to one team was the SDSU 2006 & 2007 seasons. Cost us a bowl game.

DoubleDees
10-31-2017, 01:19 PM
It has seemed at times that the offense can lose momentum and just get really flat. First drive of UNI game looked really solid, and then as soon as Stick through the interception they got really tentative. He was over throwing almost all his passes. I was glad to see them settle down at half time and then come out strong on offense again. That's the type of half that can lose games against better teams, especially if not for the pick 6 before the half was over.

semobison
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Defense is playing great!
Offense needs to improve. In the last 3 games:
Stick is 30-61 with 4 picks.
O is 13-39 on 3rd down conversion. 33% is not good.
O needs to run the ball better in the first half.
That being said we have gone 3-0 because of the outstanding play from our defense. Will it be enough I going foreword?

DoubleDees
10-31-2017, 02:22 PM
Defense is playing great!
Offense needs to improve. In the last 3 games:
Stick is 30-61 with 4 picks.
O is 13-39 on 3rd down conversion. 33% is not good.
O needs to run the ball better in the first half.
That being said we have gone 3-0 because of the outstanding play from our defense. Will it be enough I going foreword?

Thanks for putting up these stats - the 3rd down conversion is certainly down from what we were used to with Jensen and then Wentz. It seemed like we converted a ton of 3rd downs, and a lot of long ones! < 50% completion with 4 picks certainly isn't great either, Stick seems to a little bit of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Sometimes he looks so good and other times like he's just out of sorts with his throwing.

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2017, 02:24 PM
So all I've heard the last few weeks was "This is the toughest defense we've seen" for the last three opponents. So what is it? Tough defenses or our offense sucks?

El_Chapo
10-31-2017, 02:34 PM
Just like you murdered those shots on Saturday me boy!

oh and someone from IHRY group ICED me what the heck!!!

(tony El Chapo likes to throw down ahead of time.. psyche out the opponent.. #FEAR)

WHy is NO ONE talking about the Clock management problems before half by this coaching staff?? that's 2 of the last 3 games, where it was utterly embarrassing.

at YSU. Calling a timeout after a First Down (that's high school crap) then botching it totally and only getting a FG b4 half.

vs UNI . 2:14 left, ball on 28 yard line. they RUN the ball??? then allow 25 seconds to run down then throw a horrible pass.... then punt.. (should of came out firing with a 2 minute drill!!)

^^huge concern

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2017, 02:55 PM
So all I've heard the last few weeks was "This is the toughest defense we've seen" for the last three opponents. So what is it? Tough defenses or our offense sucks?

Well Eastons completion %age isn't through the roof like it used to be, and he's thrown multiple picks now. theyre obviously getting better. I dont think that applies for this weekend

wagsabison
10-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Well Eastons completion %age isn't through the roof like it used to be, and he's thrown multiple picks now. theyre obviously getting better. I dont think that applies for this weekend

I agree. It'll be interesting to see how he does against a perceived "lesser" defense this weekend than what we've seen recently.

DoubleDees
10-31-2017, 02:59 PM
All opinions pretty much say we should be able to pick apart SDSU's defense. So hopefully our defense dominates them and offense can keep their offense off the field..

GRAFTONBISON
10-31-2017, 03:01 PM

Can't it be a combination of both?

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2017, 03:02 PM
They are scared shitless of the running game so there will be natural stacking the box. I hope they can break a couple of off tackle and outside runs. Need to keep the clock running and the offense on the field.

EndZoneQB
10-31-2017, 04:47 PM
For me, the most painful back-to-back losses to one team was the SDSU 2006 & 2007 seasons. Cost us a bowl game.

We actually only lost to SDSU in 07. We lost to Minnesota in 06 and then beat them in 07 and lost to SDSU.

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2017, 08:37 PM
We actually only lost to SDSU in 07. We lost to Minnesota in 06 and then beat them in 07 and lost to SDSU.

Oh yeah...........Gawd, I'm stupid.

Maybe the '07 rabbit loss was so devastating to me that I made it up just to further advance my misery. I was also commiserating with fellow Lockport residents that day as we puked blood after seeing the Porter's own Steve Walker complete his last college pass............to a f*cking bunny!

BisonNation11
10-31-2017, 08:52 PM

Maybe the '07 rabbit loss was so devastating to me that I made it up just to further advance my misery. I was also commiserating with fellow Lockport residents that day as we puked blood after seeing the Porter's own Steve Walker complete his last college pass............to a f*cking bunny!

I was so drunk for that game I didn't even notice it was cold. I had a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans and a pair of gloves. Ride back sucked as we ran out of beer on the bus.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2017, 12:33 AM
I have the ultimate reply to this topics headline.....................We are good enough to be 8-0.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2017, 12:33 AM

'07 and '08 back-to-back were pretty brutal. In '08 NDSU was 6-4 coming into the game with a pretty good chance at making the playoffs in their first eligible if they won. SDSU was out of contention but still having a decent year. SDSU ended up winning 25-24 at the Fargodome after scoring late and going for 2 and the win instead of the XP and the tie.

That was the infamous "Get my concussed QB his helmet and get him back out there!" game from the Stig-meister.

BisonNeil
11-01-2017, 02:22 AM
Based on what stats makes you guys think this year's offense is worse than last year?

Comparing scores from last year to this year:

Missouri State: 2016 - NDSU wins 27-3 (428 Total yards - 159 P/269 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 38-11 (434 Total yards - 220 P/214 R).
Indiana State: 2016 - NDSU wins 41-17 (316 Total yards - 73 P/243 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 52-0 (448 Total yards - 202 P/246 R).
Youngstown State: 2016 - NDSU wins 24-3 (329 Total yards - 89 P/240 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 27-24 (393 Total yards - 113 P/280 R).
Western Illinois: 2016 - NDSU wins 21-3 (357 Total yards - 160 P/197 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 24-12 (402 Total yards - 221 P/181 R).
Northern Iowa: 2016 - NDSU wins 24-20 (335 Total yards - 118 P/217 R). 2017 - NDSU wins 30-14 (305 Total yards - 136 P/169 R).

No way this year's team is worse than last year's team. I think people tend to forget how low scoring our offense tends to be during the MVFC season. Just go look throughout the Championship years, and you'll be surprised how few times NDSU scores 30 or more against conference teams.

2011: Three
2012: Four
2013: Five
2014: Six
2015: Four
2016: Two
2017: Three so far.

The reason for this is the power run game. The first half is about tenderizing their DL so they're easier to move against in the second half, which is precisely what happened in the Northern Iowa game. My biggest issue with the UNI game, was Easton locking on one receiver and not going through his progressions to make a better decision. That caused the pick near the endzone and kept him from getting into rhythm for most of the game. It also didn't help when the receivers didn't fight harder to hold on to balls that were being knock out of their hands while catching them.

Sorry, not buying what you're selling. The offensive stats were built on four horseshit teams and a Big Fluffy team that hasn't played defense since, well, ever. Two of those horseshit teams were Valley teams. Stick has regressed in his passing effectiveness. I see no improvement against good teams than last year.

X-Factor
11-01-2017, 02:55 AM
It would be like the classic games against UNI or Georgia Southern. First team to 20 points wins.

Nah, just Georgia Southern. Time and place, will and talent, UNI has never came close. The 2nd GSU game is one of the few all-time great battles and JMU would best reflect that. I'd hate to put them in the same company as UNI.

Christopher Moen
11-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Sorry, not buying what you're selling. The offensive stats were built on four horseshit teams and a Big Fluffy team that hasn't played defense since, well, ever. Two of those horseshit teams were Valley teams. Stick has regressed in his passing effectiveness. I see no improvement against good teams than last year.

Um, I’m pretty sure I only compared the results of games from last year with the same MVFC teams they’ve played so far this year.

My point was simple, our offense wasn’t better last year than this year. The stats prove that. If you don’t like stats, go reread some of the 2016 game day threads of those MVFC games. Constant complaints about Stick and Co.

Like a lot of past years’ teams, many here forget how much hair they pulled out when watching NDSU’s offense. I don’t see much of difference of this year’s team to the 2011-2012 teams led by Jensen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison4peat
11-01-2017, 03:50 AM
Waiting for the re-match. I think our defense is better than last year. Offense is very inconsistent.

BisonNeil
11-01-2017, 03:55 AM
Um, I’m pretty sure I only compared the results of games from last year with the same MVFC teams they’ve played so far this year.

My point was simple, our offense wasn’t better last year than this year. The stats prove that. If you don’t like stats, go reread some of the 2016 game day threads of those MVFC games. Constant complaints about Stick and Co.

Like a lot of past years’ teams, many here forget how much hair they pulled out when watching NDSU’s offense. I don’t see much of difference of this year’s team to the 2011-2012 teams led by Jensen.

Stats don't tell the entire story, they are an indicator but not definitive. The eyeball test of how poorly Stick performs against really good teams tells me more than simple yards per game and yards passing per game. He is struggling, causing turnovers, ergo the offense is not as good.

Christopher Moen
11-01-2017, 04:27 AM
Stats don't tell the entire story, they are an indicator but not definitive. The eyeball test of how poorly Stick performs against really good teams tells me more than simple yards per game and yards passing per game. He is struggling, causing turnovers, ergo the offense is not as good.

Do you remember any of the games from last year against “good teams” (how about the near pick-six against Charleston Southern at the end of game)? Pretty much all nail-biters, including against some bad teams (Missouri State). How about nearly letting Northern Iowa back in the game, or not finishing off SDSU (ignores an open TE over the middle for a first down to pretty much end the game, and instead, overthrows Shepherd deep in tight coverage).

Your eyeball test isn’t working if you believe he threw the ball better last year, and yes stats do matter regardless of how you feel about them.

Yes, he has had some bad passes, but way more “dimes” this season and way less WTFs.

Got to remember that until Youngstown State, Easton’s day as QB was over pretty quick (one game, he was only 5/5). That lack of game time is an issue along with not having a fully healed Davis as his full ability is being held in check to prevent any injury.

Mr Meaty
11-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Stick is our man and will lead us. The defense is also a leader and together we are all a "TEAM".

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Easton is not 100%. This is just like when Brock got nicked up; accuracy often suffers. But the kids is a winner just like Brock. He'll get through it.

BisonNation11
11-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Here's how freaking twisted NDSU fans are. Outside of the 2013 team that absolutely blew people away any which way they desired, this is the norm during this entire run. Crush OOC opponents and then grind through the conference. Seriously you people have short memories and WAAAAAAAY to high of expectations. I remember when this run first started how freaking awesome it was to leave the dome with a win. Didn't care if it was by 3 points or 30. A win is a win. Check out the threads. Fire Vigen/Save Season every year. Then Polacek. This is how it goes through conference play. These guys see us every year and many, many times on cross over film. We don't disguise much and rely heavily on the line to create plays for both the passing and running game. Then playoffs come and we look like world beaters because those teams very rarely see us and only have a week to prepare. Back away from the ledge. This is a great offense that should still be getting better as time goes.

17>1
11-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Here's how freaking twisted NDSU fans are. Outside of the 2013 team that absolutely blew people away any which way they desired, this is the norm during this entire run. Crush OOC opponents and then grind through the conference. Seriously you people have short memories and WAAAAAAAY to high of expectations. I remember when this run first started how freaking awesome it was to leave the dome with a win. Didn't care if it was by 3 points or 30. A win is a win. Check out the threads. Fire Vigen/Save Season every year. Then Polacek. This is how it goes through conference play. These guys see us every year and many, many times on cross over film. We don't disguise much and rely heavily on the line to create plays for both the passing and running game. Then playoffs come and we look like world beaters because those teams very rarely see us and only have a week to prepare. Back away from the ledge. This is a great offense that should still be getting better as time goes.

^Right?

There's no way the Bison are as good as they appear, after all they haven't played anyone up until the Valley gauntlet starts. Then they start playing some very good teams and the Bison suck on offense and Easton is not playing well. No credit to the Bison when the competition sucks, and then no credit to the other teams when the Bison start to struggle. Get's old when people continually complain about the negative things and never appear to be happy when a win is a win. There's a reason I stay out of those game day threads after page 1, those things are the worst.

semobison
11-01-2017, 03:20 PM

If you look at our 3rd down conversion rate and Our QB completion percentage you would see that they are not close to where we were in 2011-12 in conference games. We had the same issues last year. In 2011 Brock completed well over 60% of his passes and in 2012 we had a 3rd down conversion rate of over 50%. In the last three games we are under 50% completion rate passing and 33% on third down conversions. Hopefully we improve these areas the next few games.

Bisonator98
11-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Simply put Easton's passing has not been very good the last 3 games. 30 of 61 for 470 yards, 4 TD's and 4 int's. He really struggled against YSU and UNI. Yeah those teams have good defenses, so will PO teams like JMU. He needs to play better. The offense needs to play better. I thought Messingham was supposed to help with the passing efficiency? He needs to do better as well.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2017, 04:36 PM

We were down 23-10 to UNI in Fargo entering the 4th quarter in 2013.

semobison
11-01-2017, 04:53 PM
^Right?

There's no way the Bison are as good as they appear, after all they haven't played anyone up until the Valley gauntlet starts. Then they start playing some very good teams and the Bison suck on offense and Easton is not playing well. No credit to the Bison when the competition sucks, and then no credit to the other teams when the Bison start to struggle. Get's old when people continually complain about the negative things and never appear to be happy when a win is a win. There's a reason I stay out of those game day threads after page 1, those things are the worst.

I am happy as hell we are 8-0! I am happy as hell the way our defense is playing. I see some things that to make a run at another title I believe we need to improve on. Yeah, were spoiled but I don't think our staff enjoyed losing in the semi's last year any more than the fans! I'm sure the coaching staff isn't too happy with our offenseive 33% 3rd down conversion rate the last three games either.

17>1
11-01-2017, 05:02 PM
I am happy as hell we are 8-0! I am happy as hell the way our defense is playing. I see some things that to make a run at another title I believe we need to improve on. Yeah, were spoiled but I don't think our staff enjoyed losing in the semi's last year any more than the fans! I'm sure the coaching staff isn't too happy with our offenseive 33% 3rd down conversion rate the last three games either.

Agreed. That feeling sucked last year. I just like to be half glass full all the time and I know it's probably not a good thing to always stay that way. I just like to believe that our coaching staff and this amazing young man named Easton Stick are working their tails off to improve. Coach said Easton missed on a couple of throws against UNI, I don't see how Messingham can be blamed for that. I also don't see enough credit given to a defense when Klieman continually references the different looks opposing teams throw at us and how it was a look they'd never seen. Opponents bring their best, they pull out all the tricks from the bag, and the target on our back can't be any bigger. Yet we keep winning games somehow.

Mr Meaty
11-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Simply put Easton's passing has not been very good the last 3 games. 30 of 61 for 470 yards, 4 TD's and 4 int's. He really struggled against YSU and UNI. Yeah those teams have good defenses, so will PO teams like JMU. He needs to play better. The offense needs to play better. I thought Messingham was supposed to help with the passing efficiency? He needs to do better as well.

I have noticed in the last couple of games that we have been throwing the homerun ball more. There was a play against Western that it was 2 and 6 from our own 30/35. We went for a deep sideline pass that was well defended and overthrown to the outside. That left us with a 3 & 6. The point being was the deep ball had not been there and a short TE pass or a run play could help get us into a 3 and short or maybe a set of fresh downs. Yes I know you need to throw the deep ball to help backup the safeties and corners a bit. I do not really know. He completes the pass and we are all happy and do not care. Incomplete and we all second guess. The wisdom from us armchair quarterbacks is invaluable.

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2017, 06:27 PM
I have noticed in the last couple of games that we have been throwing the homerun ball more. There was a play against Western that it was 2 and 6 from our own 30/35. We went for a deep sideline pass that was well defended and overthrown to the outside. That left us with a 3 & 6. The point being was the deep ball had not been there and a short TE pass or a run play could help get us into a 3 and short or maybe a set of fresh downs. Yes I know you need to throw the deep ball to help backup the safeties and corners a bit. I do not really know. He completes the pass and we are all happy and do not care. Incomplete and we all second guess. The wisdom from us armchair quarterbacks is invaluable.

Except when it has, multiple times this year, including the game you speak of.......

Bisonator98
11-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Does anyone else think our TE's are under utilized in the pass game? I know CAS brought it up a couple years ago, but going back they've never been highly targeted. I've always thought Illies was used wrong as a TE and should have been a WR. The guy has great hands and is faster then he looks. Jensen and Ellefson are more the prototypical TE's. Even so it seems they are hardly targeted and when they are it's a big play or big first down for the offense. I'd like to see them used more in the pass game. Another play that seems to have disappeared is the middle screen that was such a staple for our first couple championship teams. Maybe teams have adjusted to take that away or we are saving it? I don't know it just seems like too much of our pass game is focused on the WR's and maybe a few more targets to TE's and RB's would help open the WR's up a bit more.

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-01-2017, 07:00 PM

See what you started bulldog? :)

How are you feeling about Elon? Seems like they're just slipping by teams, so I'm skeptical they will offer much of a hurdle to the Dukes. Probably the one last question mark on your regular season tho.

Mr. Burgundy
11-01-2017, 07:09 PM

If Easton was missing wide open guys...I would totally agree, I feel like it is now the norm to have to throw it into a tiny window as the receivers aren't open. Sometimes it is magic....which leads to these unreal catches by RJ. I would love for a receiver to create that separation that is needed for a QB to make an easier throw. I know...he has probably missed a couple of guys...and I know some of you probably have an example of a bad throw...perfect, we agree. on the average, we do not get open. Small sample size, look at Carson from last year to this year. Better crew getting open. I love our guys. All of them. Some unreal ball players. Tough as nails, warriors, blockers, etc. But they aren't wide open. Everyone needs to pull out their best this weekend.

Mr Meaty
11-01-2017, 07:53 PM
If Easton was missing wide open guys...I would totally agree, I feel like it is now the norm to have to throw it into a tiny window as the receivers aren't open. Sometimes it is magic....which leads to these unreal catches by RJ. I would love for a receiver to create that separation that is needed for a QB to make an easier throw. I know...he has probably missed a couple of guys...and I know some of you probably have an example of a bad throw...perfect, we agree. on the average, we do not get open. Small sample size, look at Carson from last year to this year. Better crew getting open. I love our guys. All of them. Some unreal ball players. Tough as nails, warriors, blockers, etc. But they aren't wide open. Everyone needs to pull out their best this weekend.

100% agree. It is a team and we are all in it. We win together and lose (not often ) together.

DoubleDees
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
I definitely see it as being more streaky this year. I think overall Stick looks and has played better than last year. However, there have been some times this year where he has really just looked lackluster and lacking the ability to throw good passes. But it's been balanced by some really good drives and stretches. Like last week - the tale of two halves. After the first interception it got in his head and he looked lost the rest of the half. Came out in 2nd half and the offense really executed nicely and he made some great passes.

bisonforever
11-01-2017, 08:10 PM
I definitely see it as being more streaky this year. I think overall Stick looks and has played better than last year. However, there have been some times this year where he has really just looked lackluster and lacking the ability to throw good passes. But it's been balanced by some really good drives and stretches. Like last week - the tale of two halves. After the first interception it got in his head and he looked lost the rest of the half. Came out in 2nd half and the offense really executed nicely and he made some great passes. To me Easton looked like he was in a rush in the 1st half. He looked a lot more relaxed in the 2nd half. I think part of that was UNI gave him some new/different looks. Love Easton! He is a gamer!

DoubleDees
11-01-2017, 08:19 PM
To me Easton looked like he was in a rush in the 1st half. He looked a lot more relaxed in the 2nd half. I think part of that was UNI gave him some new/different looks. Love Easton! He is a gamer!

Agree - he adjusted, came out settled and looked really sharp the 2nd half. I think the pick & subsequent 2nd pick got him off early, because he was sailing a lot of passes over receivers after that.

bri-dog
11-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think our TE's are under utilized in the pass game? I know CAS brought it up a couple years ago, but going back they've never been highly targeted. I've always thought Illies was used wrong as a TE and should have been a WR. The guy has great hands and is faster then he looks. Jensen and Ellefson are more the prototypical TE's. Even so it seems they are hardly targeted and when they are it's a big play or big first down for the offense. I'd like to see them used more in the pass game. Another play that seems to have disappeared is the middle screen that was such a staple for our first couple championship teams. Maybe teams have adjusted to take that away or we are saving it? I don't know it just seems like too much of our pass game is focused on the WR's and maybe a few more targets to TE's and RB's would help open the WR's up a bit more.

The Bison don't want to open up too much of the playbook until the championship.

BisonNeil
11-01-2017, 08:28 PM

Yes, he is missing wide open receivers. Granted, it doesn't happen often for all the reasons stated, but it happened in the UNI game. The most wide open was Shephard in the middle. Stick over threw him by a mile. But because be was so wide open there was no chance for an INT. There was a wide open TE on the sideline, Illies or Wentz, not sure which and not as open as Shephard, but he was open. So yes sir, he is indeed missing wide open guys. Watch the tape, there are probably more.

CAS4127
11-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Agree - he adjusted, came out settled and looked really sharp the 2nd half. I think the pick & subsequent 2nd pick got him off early, because he was sailing a lot of passes over receivers after that.

A couple of things to add on Stick. First, and specifically with respect to UNI, many, if not the majority of his "bad" throws were when he had a UNI helmet bearing down on him which, in turn, didn't allow him to step into his throw. Second, and in general since tweaking his knee in the WIU game (I believe that was the game) he appears generally (although probably subconsciously) hesitant to step into his throws. So, combine an "in your face" UNI game and his injury, and you get what we saw against UNI, at least in the first half-->High and or floating throws resulting from not stepping into throws, regardless the reason.

Also, we just aren't getting WR separation against these better defenses of late--it's just fact. Add Easton's throwing "issues" into that, and you get interceptions.

Hopefully whatever Easton has going on with his injury heals/gets better soon, as I believe that he has what it take this year to make the throws necessary even without much WR separation. I think his throwing has improved greatly over last year ... he is just a bit dinged up right now.

BisonNation11
11-01-2017, 09:02 PM
To me Easton looked like he was in a rush in the 1st half. He looked a lot more relaxed in the 2nd half. I think part of that was UNI gave him some new/different looks. Love Easton! He is a gamer!

I would say the exact opposite. Easton seemed late on a lot of his throws. The pick he threw towards RJ in the front corner of the end zone he just looked and waited. Defender turned around, saw his eyes, broke on the pass before it was even thrown. If he would have thrown it earlier, RJ walks in and the defender doesn't even know what happened. Same thing on a couple other throws. Never seemed eager to get rid of the ball or throw without the receiver turning to see the pass the entire way. The way UNI was playing, a double move like an out and up would have worked beautifully as their DB's were being very aggressive jumping routes. And like CAS said, I think he's dinged up right now. Plenty healthy as he still uses his legs well, but planting may be an issue for him. Cole cannot get back fast enough and a hopeful bye week in 4 weeks should help this team out tremendously.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2017, 09:06 PM
I would say the exact opposite. Easton seemed late on a lot of his throws. The pick he threw towards RJ in the front corner of the end zone he just looked and waited. Defender turned around, saw his eyes, broke on the pass before it was even thrown. If he would have thrown it earlier, RJ walks in and the defender doesn't even know what happened. Same thing on a couple other throws. Never seemed eager to get rid of the ball or throw without the receiver turning to see the pass the entire way. The way UNI was playing, a double move like an out and up would have worked beautifully as their DB's were being very aggressive jumping routes. And like CAS said, I think he's dinged up right now. Plenty healthy as he still uses his legs well, but planting may be an issue for him. Cole cannot get back fast enough and a hopeful bye week in 4 weeks should help this team out tremendously.

He was definitely hesitating, no question about it. He just needs to rip it.

Honeybooboo
11-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Cain was open several times, Easton didn't have time to find him

wagsabison
11-01-2017, 09:28 PM

On the One catch he had you could just tell he had a different type of gear. Hopefully he can get involved in the offense more.

bulldogg
11-02-2017, 04:27 AM
See what you started bulldog? :)

How are you feeling about Elon? Seems like they're just slipping by teams, so I'm skeptical they will offer much of a hurdle to the Dukes. Probably the one last question mark on your regular season tho.

I think you are right, and that is my big worry. Elon has been tested and tested and tested and has always found a way to win. We have not been really tested, so how do we react when we are? That would be a very good thing to know at this point in the season.

On paper, we smoke Elon (Sam Houston?). But, what happens if we make a couple of mistakes, get down early and freak out? I have seen it happen.

Here is hoping we are tested thoroughly before playoff time and prevail. We must somehow find that hunger and intensity we took into Fargo and Frisco last year.

And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!

X-Factor
11-02-2017, 05:09 AM
I think you are right, and that is my big worry. Elon has been tested and tested and tested and has always found a way to win. We have not been really tested, so how do we react when we are? That would be a very good thing to know at this point in the season.

On paper, we smoke Elon (Sam Houston?). But, what happens if we make a couple of mistakes, get down early and freak out? I have seen it happen.

Here is hoping we are tested thoroughly before playoff time and prevail. We must somehow find that hunger and intensity we took into Fargo and Frisco last year.

And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!

I think your guys have enough playoff experience from last year to work through a strong test from a good team. It may take a quarter to shake off the rust, but I bet it’s still there. When you look at the landscape of FCS football, how many teams out there have a realistic chance to win a NC? I’d say 3 or 4 tops... The field really drops off after JMU/NDSU, of course not to say that upsets can’t happen, rather they happen all the time but the probability is really really low for those other teams.

scottietohottie
11-02-2017, 12:53 PM
On the One catch he had you could just tell he had a different type of gear. Hopefully he can get involved in the offense more.

I'd like to see Cain on the field with RJ more instead of rotating with him. I think Cain gets a little more work each game from here on out. Not trying to put a hardworking fine young man down but Shep just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

scottietohottie
11-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Probably the wrong thread but the discussion here has brought it up. From my video game football experience and watching Bison games they use Been Ellifison as a blocking wide receiver he's out there it's going to be a run and when Illies starts jumping around and stretching his legs it's going to be a pass. I called the RJ TD pass before the play to the guy sitting next to me.

Mr Meaty
11-02-2017, 01:08 PM

Been waiting for Cain to bust out all year. Hope we can get him the ball.

BisonNation11
11-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Probably the wrong thread but the discussion here has brought it up. From my video game football experience and watching Bison games they use Been Ellifison as a blocking wide receiver he's out there it's going to be a run and when Illies starts jumping around and stretching his legs it's going to be a pass. I called the RJ TD pass before the play to the guy sitting next to me.

And that's exactly what they want people thinking. That's how you set teams up. "Oh, this package is in. We saw this on tape. Get this certain defensive package in there." Suddenly it's the exact opposite and you have mismatches and defenders playing towards the wrong play. Vigen was the best at this towards the end of his run at NDSU. Check the KState game and see how many different plays they run out of the same look. It's great stuff.

EndZoneQB
11-02-2017, 01:26 PM

Take no offense to this, but if you notice this, it won't be long before another does(or has!).

And that's exactly what they want people thinking. That's how you set teams up. "Oh, this package is in. We saw this on tape. Get this certain defensive package in there." Suddenly it's the exact opposite and you have mismatches and defenders playing towards the wrong play. Vigen was the best at this towards the end of his run at NDSU. Check the KState game and see how many different plays they run out of the same look. It's great stuff.

While this is true, you need some variation in it. Yes, you can get people to sell out on it, but you really only get one chance to really get them leaning the other direction. You should set people up in the same game, not necessarily for weeks and weeks on end just to drop it at one game. I mean, you CAN, especially as long as the original set is still functioning.

scottietohottie
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Take no offense to this, but if you notice this, it won't be long before another does(or has!).

That's why I posted it. I can't be the only guy to notice it. I know the old OC read bisonville hopefully the new guy does to. Or maybe he has it figured out and they shift gears when it matters.

EndZoneQB
11-02-2017, 01:35 PM
That's why I posted it. I can't be the only guy to notice it. I know the old OC read bisonville hopefully the new guy does to. Or maybe he has it figured out and they shift gears when it matters.

Right, you have to at least put it on film that you pass out of that subpackage with Ellefson. Ellefson does have two touchdowns, but no idea what formation they ran.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Man, you can X and O until you're blue in the face. I freakin LOVE this team. Why?

https://media.tenor.com/images/06da298cbe9ddf8f5713d854161c759e/tenor.gif

Remember when that used to be good enough?

Bisonator98
11-02-2017, 02:00 PM
You need multiple plays out of the same formations and personnel to keep defenses honest. If you run the same plays out of the same formation and personnel the defense will know pre-snap what to expect.

mebisonII
11-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Man, you can X and O until you're blue in the face. I freakin LOVE this team. Why?

https://media.tenor.com/images/06da298cbe9ddf8f5713d854161c759e/tenor.gif

Remember when that used to be good enough?

:) No. I don't think that ever used to be good enough. I'm pretty sure that even long before BV was a spark stirring in Tony's heart, there were old guys sitting at the donut shop saying "Well, Cleetus, the team looks pretty good this year, but if that big 'ole boy Smith doesn't toughen up and stop dilly-dallyin' behind the line, we're gonna be in trouble come play-off time!"

Its just that now, thanks to Tony, we can all do it at work, all day long.

Bisonator98
11-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Pretty sure someone back in 1897 was saying "Fire Bolley, save season!"

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-02-2017, 03:44 PM

Hoping for this as well. Lots of football left tho.

How does Elon’s run D compare to Nova’s? Haven’t watched any CAA games yet. Too much going on in the Valley ..

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2017, 03:45 PM

I know you hope that happens but I've been waiting forever for us to get our hands on you again.

bulldogg
11-02-2017, 11:00 PM
I know you hope that happens but I've been waiting forever for us to get our hands on you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdCuWzlM5E8

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2017, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcpfRpnCHn8

td577
11-03-2017, 06:22 AM
The Bison are different.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
11-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Not trying to put a hardworking fine young man down but Shep just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

Still not that impressed.

oldmantutters
11-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Still not that impressed.I wasn't very impressed with his fumble. Not really sure what there was to gain by trying to fight through two guys trying to tackle him. Need to know the situation there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

AKBison
11-05-2017, 05:18 PM
If JMU's defense is anything like last years and the offense can score points, they will roll us. It isn't hard to game plan for a Stick led NDSU. Get an early lead and the OC will panic and abandon the power running game and the offense will self destruct. From that point, if you have a mobile QB who can take advantage of a tired and injured linebacker core and very suspect secondary the chances of beating us are very good. It's obviously easier said then done, but the bunnies have it down to a science. I see us rolling ISUr but struggling mightily against USD next week.

Scooter1
11-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Maybe we should forfiet. Jesus...95% of the time if you have 4 or more turnovers vs a top ten team you are going to lose. Feel free to panick after 1 loss.....

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Maybe we should forfiet. Jesus...95% of the time if you have 4 or more turnovers vs a top ten team you are going to lose. Feel free to panick after 1 loss.....

Bisonville gonna Bisonville.

bulldogg
11-06-2017, 01:28 AM
If JMU's defense is anything like last years and the offense can score points, they will roll us. It isn't hard to game plan for a Stick led NDSU. Get an early lead and the OC will panic and abandon the power running game and the offense will self destruct. From that point, if you have a mobile QB who can take advantage of a tired and injured linebacker core and very suspect secondary the chances of beating us are very good. It's obviously easier said then done, but the bunnies have it down to a science. I see us rolling ISUr but struggling mightily against USD next week.

Yeah, you guys nailed it with your analysis of Stick and your offense. Stick is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna' get. And as Stick goes, so goes the offense. If he is on, though, you guys are as tough as they come.

I think our D is even better than last year's, but our offense, as I said in the beginning of this thread, is lackadaisical and seems to play down to our competition. It was prophetic that I said I was afraid our lackadaisical O would be a problem when we ran into a team that stood us up. Whooda' thunk it would be Rhode Friggin' Island? They are better than they have been in years past, but they still suck and are where they always are, in the basement of the CAA. We were up 7-3 at the half and Rhodie was giving us all we could handle. And, that is exactly what I was talking about in the beginning of this thread. How would we respond to finally being tested? Coach Houston must have executed a redshirt at halftime to get the message across, because we were an entirely different offense in the second half, rolling up 31 more points before letting off the gas.

Thanks to all of you for the intel, which I have been only too happy to reciprocate. I think I speak for most JMU fans when I say there is not a team in the nation we respect and admire more than the Bison. Class act, all the way!

89MTBISON
11-06-2017, 02:48 AM
I wasn't very impressed with his fumble. Not really sure what there was to gain by trying to fight through two guys trying to tackle him. Need to know the situation there.

Alot of moving parts there. Ever hit your thumb while trying to pound a nail?

oldmantutters
11-06-2017, 03:54 AM
Alot of moving parts there. Ever hit your thumb while trying to pound a nail?Nope, never. Why would I do that? Sounds like it would hurt.

bulldogg
11-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Alot of moving parts there. Ever hit your thumb while trying to pound a nail?

Love your sig! Profound wisdom from Abe, despite him being the most guilty of that which he preached.