PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Football Fans

PlainsAg
10-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Every fall some friends and I visit one great football venue for a home game. In the past we've seen games at Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Cotton Bowl, etc. This weekend we are thrilled to go up to Fargo to see the Bison. I'm coming from Oklahoma, one buddy is Indianapolis, the other Mobile, Alabama

Two things we could use some help with from the folks who would know. First, what are the pubs and watering holes that should be included for the weekend?

And also, what's the skinny on tickets for the UNI game? When individual tickets went on sale I couldn't ever get through online to buy any. I've posted a thread on the exchange so hopefully someone wants to make some money. Is it worth it to stand in line Friday at the ticket office or do we take our chances with the scalpers on game day?

Appreciate any recommendations and info and best of luck to the Bisons.

LW

tjbison
10-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Go downtown,UNI brings lots of fans so usually a good atmosphere

bisonp
10-24-2017, 04:21 PM
What kind of watering holes are you looking for? Microbreweries or dives? Junkyard is the best brewery in town, Fargo Brewing has the best beer names for mementos.

I haven't heard of anybody physically going to the ticket office. Your chances online on Friday are a bit better than they were originally. But not a sure thing.

bisonfanette
10-24-2017, 04:48 PM
PlainsAg - Welcome & glad you are coming! Are there 3 of you? Last week there were 2 guys from Florida who flew in for the game & did the same thing. This is awesome! Let us know how many tickets you are looking for, & we'll try to help.

PlainsAg
10-24-2017, 05:24 PM
We'll just need 2 tickets for the UNI game. Turns out our Alabama friend has a wedding to be at. Who schedules a wedding during football season, anyway??

As far as bars we're more inclined to drink what's not available outside the region. That being said we've enjoyed the Linebacker in South Bend, the Chimes in Baton Rouge and the Dixie Chicken in Aggieland, so anything on par with them is fine with us.

Thanks for all you help and hospitality.

LW

SDbison
10-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Tailgate starts 5 hours before game. Stop by Horny Bison Tailgate for Food, Beer and Jagbombs.

EndZoneQB
10-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Come by the Frisco Cruiser if you like loud, obnoxious music and End Zone Bombs.

https://www.facebook.com/FriscoCruiser

tjbison
10-24-2017, 06:33 PM
We'll just need 2 tickets for the UNI game. Turns out our Alabama friend has a wedding to be at. Who schedules a wedding during football season, anyway??

As far as bars we're more inclined to drink what's not available outside the region. That being said we've enjoyed the Linebacker in South Bend, the Chimes in Baton Rouge and the Dixie Chicken in Aggieland, so anything on par with them is fine with us.

Thanks for all you help and hospitality.

LW

Then you'll want to hit the breweries and the distillery for local booze

Bison Bridge Guy
10-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Then you'll want to hit the breweries and the distillery for local booze

Also Wurst Bier Hall has a broad selection of local/regional craft beers and awesome food.

Tickets - can also try Craigslist - they are a few on there. Also, I believe NDSU releases any unclaimed student and visiting team tickets on Friday morning at 8:00am. Might not be too many unclaimed for this game, but you can try.

IzzyFlexion
10-24-2017, 07:43 PM
'member when that cynical Bisonville guy got all paranoid when that last visitor started a thread like this this and got chastised........'member that?
https://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/images/2015/5/27/150522_2868143_The_Chris_Farley_Show__McCartney.jp g

Bison 4 Life
10-24-2017, 07:47 PM
I'll also be visiting this weekend. Does that count?

Speaking of, how is the Uber situation in Fargo these days? Am I OK without renting a car?

Bison_Pyro
10-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Absolutely. Last Saturday night there were quite a few Ubers available. we had no issues getting 1 around 7pm and another around 11:30pm.

BisonLaw
10-24-2017, 07:50 PM

Speaking of, how is the Uber situation in Fargo these days? Am I OK without renting a car?

Never have had to wait more than 5-10mins.

wagsabison
10-24-2017, 07:52 PM

Can get pretty much anywhere for $10-15.

bri-dog
10-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Every fall some friends and I visit one great football venue for a home game. In the past we've seen games at Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Cotton Bowl, etc. This weekend we are thrilled to go up to Fargo to see the Bison. I'm coming from Oklahoma, one buddy is Indianapolis, the other Mobile, Alabama

Two things we could use some help with from the folks who would know. First, what are the pubs and watering holes that should be included for the weekend?

And also, what's the skinny on tickets for the UNI game? When individual tickets went on sale I couldn't ever get through online to buy any. I've posted a thread on the exchange so hopefully someone wants to make some money. Is it worth it to stand in line Friday at the ticket office or do we take our chances with the scalpers on game day?

LW

Oh, and just to nitpick, the plural of Bison is Bison (like deer, sheep, etc.). Carry on...

Bison 4 Life
10-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Never have had to wait more than 5-10mins.

My biggest fear is flying out on Sunday morning and finding one really early. Might just have to take a cab.

IzzyFlexion
10-24-2017, 08:13 PM
My biggest fear is flying out on Sunday morning and finding one really early. Might just have to take a cab.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-05LjxhC_dHQ/TiuEBjonb7I/AAAAAAAAABk/hRdrnRGkdH8/s1600/Sad-Puppy.jpg

HerdBot
10-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Heads up you spelled Bison wrong on the last sentence... Bisons

Milkman
10-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Hey just wanted to point out its Bison and not Bisons...

PlainsAg
10-24-2017, 08:44 PM
Yep, my mistake. This is why I came here, to get all this fixed BEFORE we make the trip.

Go Bison and Gig 'Em, Aggies.

bri-dog
10-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Yep, my mistake. This is why I came here, to get all this fixed BEFORE we make the trip.

Go Bison and Gig 'Em, Aggies.

Oh, and when you meet people in Fargo -- it's pronounced with a "Z" (Bizon)...

PlainsAg
10-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Oh, and when you meet people in Fargo -- it's pronounced with a "Z" (Bizon)...

OK, now I'm starting to get suspicious...

TransAmBison
10-24-2017, 09:12 PM
OK, now I'm starting to get suspicious...If you need to confirm, just listen to some of the commentary during one of the ESPN broadcasts of our playoff games...or check out the College Gameday broadcasts when in Fargo...they will mention it numerous times.

bri-dog
10-24-2017, 09:14 PM

I'd never steer you wrong...

https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/9349/

TAILG8R
10-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Watch the intro to the first Gameday in Fargo - about 45 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV4YRL5d-98

Also the first minute of the second Gameday in Fargo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-UO8OlH84

Christopher Moen
10-24-2017, 09:22 PM

Just think about how most people pronounce "raisin."

tjbison
10-24-2017, 09:43 PM

pre schedule a ride with Lyft for the airport, works great

OatmealWicket92
10-24-2017, 09:48 PM
If your looking for some good burgers JL Beers is always a good one, Sammy's pizza is also a solid choice. Somehow always end up drinking at The Bismarck or Dempsey's.

HerdBot
10-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Downtown there are tons of them. You got everything from total dives to classy places.

Breweries I personally like Drekker http://drekkerbrewing.com but others like Fargo Brewing company http://fargobrewing.com
Junkyard is good but you do have to cross the river in Moorhead.

as far as bars go... all these are downtown
Dempsey's (more hipster like), Ho-Do (classier), Old Broadway (more dancing crowd) Sidestreet Grill, Bismarck Tavern, Sports Bar, The Empire, Fort Noks but those are just a few.

The bars on Main Ave are more biker dives

If you go a little further from downtown to University Dr you got places like Chubs Pub and the Northern which is a poor excuse for a titty bar. Although some disagree

Downtown eating for burgers try JL Beers, Vinyl Taco, or Spicy Pie for pizza and beer. For good food the Ho-Do or Mezaluna is great.

Near by the dome is Herd and Horns which is close to campus but not much around it. You also got the Bison Turf which is right off of campus but had a fire... it is apparently reopening soon if not already. Does anyone know are they open again?

PlainsAg
10-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Perfect. Thanks for the recommendations, Bison Nation!

Seriously, we planned this trip over a year ago and we're very much looking forward to it. I'm a Texas A&M grad but reside in Oklahoma. I've been wanting to see a game in the Fargo Dome for some time. It's been interesting discovering who the real college football fans are around me. Regarding the trip the response has been either, "What are you gonna do in Fargo?" or "You're gonna see an NDSU home game? That's awesome!"

oldmantutters
10-24-2017, 11:47 PM
Downtown there are tons of them. You got everything from total dives to classy places.

Breweries I personally like Drekker http://drekkerbrewing.com but others like Fargo Brewing company http://fargobrewing.com
Junkyard is good but you do have to cross the river in Moorhead.

as far as bars go... all these are downtown
Dempsey's (more hipster like), Ho-Do (classier), Old Broadway (more dancing crowd) Sidestreet Grill, Bismarck Tavern, Sports Bar, The Empire, Fort Noks but those are just a few.

The bars on Main Ave are more biker dives

If you go a little further from downtown to University Dr you got places like Chubs Pub and the Northern which is a poor excuse for a titty bar. Although some disagree

Downtown eating for burgers try JL Beers, Vinyl Taco, or Spicy Pie for pizza and beer. For good food the Ho-Do or Mezaluna is great.

Near by the dome is Herd and Horns which is close to campus but not much around it. You also got the Bison Turf which is right off of campus but had a fire... it is apparently reopening soon if not already. Does anyone know are they open again?The Turf was not open as of Sunday.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
10-24-2017, 11:50 PM
The Turf was not open as of Sunday.

This post is going to stay evergreen.

oldmantutters
10-24-2017, 11:52 PM
This post is going to stay evergreen.You're not invited for a Turf Burger when it reopens.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2017, 12:58 AM

Use Izzy's car service!

There is a cab app that works like Uber/Lyft too.

Ugh, an Aggy fan. Where is MN when you need him?

IzzyFlexion
10-25-2017, 01:22 AM
Use Izzy's car service!

There is a cab app that works like Uber/Lyft too.

Ugh, an Aggy fan. Where is MN when you need him?

Thanks for the plug EZQ.

I tried the subtle approach but it did not work.

So here goes................CALL ME DAMMIT!

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/NZX-h33MgAskQwn6mIDbNA/ls.jpg

Tony Almeida
10-25-2017, 01:26 AM
Don't forget to dress warm, this is not Oklahoma. I think they are calling for possible snow sometime this week and Saturday a high in the 40's so a bit brisk in the morning.

HerdBot
10-25-2017, 02:37 AM
Perfect. Thanks for the recommendations, Bison Nation!

Seriously, we planned this trip over a year ago and we're very much looking forward to it. I'm a Texas A&M grad but reside in Oklahoma. I've been wanting to see a game in the Fargo Dome for some time. It's been interesting discovering who the real college football fans are around me. Regarding the trip the response has been either, "What are you gonna do in Fargo?" or "You're gonna see an NDSU home game? That's awesome!"

Also I checked the weather and it's actually going to be kind of cold. Wish the game was a week earlier when it was in the 60s... Looks like early forecast is high of 43, low of 23. Not sure what Oklahoma is like this time of year from but don't forget to dress appropriately. Us weird North Dakota people you will see some people wearing shorts and a sweatshirt :rofl: For some good gear check out Scheels, one of the largest sporting goods stores in the world is based out of Fargo... Has a Ferris wheel and everything

BisonAccountant44
10-25-2017, 03:55 AM
If you liked the Linebacker, you'll love Chubs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
To piggyback on Herdbots comment, it is always windier up at the dome so dress warmer than you think you need to.

wagsabison
10-25-2017, 01:16 PM
The Turf was not open as of Sunday.

They have an extremely fluid opening date.

PlainsAg
10-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Good to know. It's gonna get up to 78 in OKC today, though probably feel more like low 80's. My flight tomorrow is connecting in DFW. So, I'm going from very warm to a nice chill.

How does it feel in the Dome during the game?

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Good to know. It's gonna get up to 78 in OKC today, though probably feel more like low 80's. My flight tomorrow is connecting in DFW. So, I'm going from very warm to a nice chill.

Loud. Like rock concert tangible sound loud. Otherwise it's physically comfortable.

HerdBot
10-25-2017, 01:42 PM

It's warm. Fall weather here is odd. It can be 30 degrees in the morning and then get up to the 70s. Dressing in layers is a good idea

Make sure you arrive at least 3 hours before hand and walk through the tailgating lot. It's a big part of the experience. You will see some really cool tailgating rigs and if you tell people you are from out of town you won't pay for a drink. They don't sell alcohol in the dome so it's the time to drink

Also the tailgating lot is on the west side and you can't park there because it's typically sold out but most people park on the east side and walk over to tailgate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtbIBjECcAAlAr5.jpg:large

BisonCardinal
10-25-2017, 02:43 PM

I'm guessing in the 60's. So it looks like a 20-25 degree difference on game day. I'd somehow try to lose that outside layer just before you go in the dome, so you don't have to mess with it inside.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Get there 3 hours early? GTFO of here. Tailgating opens at 9:00AM. Come early for the full experience.

HerdBot
10-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Get there 3 hours early? GTFO of here. Tailgating opens at 9:00AM. Come early for the full experience.

I said "at least 3 hours" but hell yeah the lots open 5-1/2 hours before kickoff

TransAmBison
10-25-2017, 03:14 PM
I said "at least 3 hours" but hell yeah the lots open 5-1/2 hours before kickoffI'm all for getting the most out of a tailgate...but for a new person coming in I think they'd be pretty bored for the first bit if they got there at opening. It takes a bit for groups to get set up and going...a new person would just walk around doing nothing for a while. With that said, I'd say get out at tailgating at 9:30.

PlainsAg
10-25-2017, 03:15 PM
We are not just attending the game to check it off some list. We're coming for the whole NDSU experience. It's what makes college football so great.

We've got rooms at the hotel right near the Fargodome so as soon as the game day festivities begin we'll be there.

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm all for getting the most out of a tailgate...but for a new person coming in I think they'd be pretty bored for the first bit if they got there at opening. It takes a bit for groups to get set up and going...a new person would just walk around doing nothing for a while. With that said, I'd say get out at tailgating at 9:30.

this is ideal. I always get there early and am putting up chairs and tables with the rest. Always glad to do my part but yeah, you'll get plenty of it going a little later.

HerdBot
10-25-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm all for getting the most out of a tailgate...but for a new person coming in I think they'd be pretty bored for the first bit if they got there at opening. It takes a bit for groups to get set up and going...a new person would just walk around doing nothing for a while. With that said, I'd say get out at tailgating at 9:30.

Absolutely that's why I suggested 3 hours. I don't even get into my spot until 915-930, then it takes a half hour to set up the gear. I would suggest a visitor on foot no earlier than 10 am

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Will the walls and heaters be up this weekend? It looks a little blustery on the forecast

MNLonghorn10
10-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Since he's an aggie, 1:30 would be ideal.

(I keed) whatever time you wake up from your Friday night bender will work

HerdBot
10-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Will the walls and heaters be up this weekend? It looks a little blustery on the forecast

Looking at the forecast were getting our unfortunate first snow fall on Thursday which sucks but only an inch. Windy as fuck on Thursday. Should be gone by Saturday though

Friday windy

Saturday - hardly any wind, high of 45 and sunny

I haven't used the propane heaters yet this year but Saturday they will be cranked up early

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Looking at the forecast were getting our unfortunate first snow fall on Thursday which sucks but only an inch. Windy as fuck on Thursday. Should be gone by Saturday though

Friday windy

Saturday - hardly any wind, high of 45 and sunny

I haven't used the propane heaters yet this year but Saturday they will be cranked up early

Oh, that's fine. Hopefully shit holds together to get me in tomorrow night. Flight from MSP lands at 9:30 if it goes at all.

BISONBRI53
10-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Always a group of at Rooter’s downtown. Good drink specials and god good football talk.

HerdThat!
10-25-2017, 09:37 PM

LW

PlainsAg- have you found tickets yet? Check your Private Messages on here

PlainsAg
10-26-2017, 03:47 AM
No tickets as of yet. We'll be landing in Fargo tomorrow just after 3pm so we'll be around.

You guys have been great. Looking forward to trying some of the recommended drinking establishments.

EC8CH
10-26-2017, 03:57 AM
CJs Kitchen for Breakfast
JL Beers for Dinner
Duane's House of Pizza for Supper
Taco Shop for 4th Meal

How to eat like you're from Fargo

bisonfanette
10-26-2017, 04:13 AM
PlainsAg - Ck your messages please - I have a couple of choices for you.
How about Section 9, center of the south endzone, roudy section, Row E. I think you will enjoy these seats! Price is awesome!

tjbison
10-26-2017, 08:36 AM
CJs Kitchen for Breakfast
JL Beers for Dinner
Duane's House of Pizza for Supper
Taco Shop for 4th Meal

How to eat like you're from Fargo

Oh god no don't follow this....its the rectum killer

tjbison
10-26-2017, 08:40 AM
No tickets as of yet. We'll be landing in Fargo tomorrow just after 3pm so we'll be around.

You guys have been great. Looking forward to trying some of the recommended drinking establishments.

Get ready for some cold crappy weather tomorrow and Friday....below normal temps and freaking snow already...

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2017, 10:20 AM
I think fargo is dodging the BS. Central Minnesota is going to get the brunt of it

PlainsAg
10-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Woke up to news about a good lead in tickets for a great price! Special thanks and shout-out to bisonfanette!

Sounds like it's gonna be a chilly weekend. Sort of wishing I packed my ski coat. Oh well, we'll rub some tough on it.

HerdBot
10-26-2017, 01:12 PM
I think fargo is dodging the BS. Central Minnesota is going to get the brunt of it

We may be dodging the snow but winds are going to be HORRIBLE. 30 mph with gusts up to 55. Couple that with low temperatures and it's going to feel like it's sub zero

Good news is on game day the wind will be gone

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Exactly.. Who cares about today or tonight. Wonder what time the hard-core GA line guys will starting lining up

IzzyFlexion
10-26-2017, 01:30 PM

THIS also applies to a bad prom date.

Bison_Pyro
10-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Woke up to news about a good lead in tickets for a great price! Special thanks and shout-out to bisonfanette!

Sounds like it's gonna be a chilly weekend. Sort of wishing I packed my ski coat. Oh well, we'll rub some tough on it.

regular tough won't work, you need some North Dakota Tough.

bisonp
10-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Nah, not yet. They'll be fine Saturday.

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/15/0527/1208tailgaters1.jpg?itok=UGN3Kprr
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/15/0527/1208tailgaters2.jpg?itok=AA_cnjmD

Green1
10-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Nah, not yet. They'll be fine Saturday.

So much of this. ^^^

Real tailgating starts when you use a cozie on your beer to keep it from freezing!

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2017, 03:07 PM
http://wondergressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1.1293036652.frozen-man.jpg

Checking in from the front of the tailgate line... Wear gloves, maybe a hat

bisonfanette
10-26-2017, 08:33 PM

Nice!!! But they fly into Fargo today, I think this afternoon. They’ll get a little taste of North Dakota winds!

Bison"FANatic"
10-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Nice!!! But they fly into Fargo today, I think this afternoon. They’ll get a little taste of North Dakota winds!

That is going to be one he'll of a ride on landing

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2017, 09:05 PM
It's 56 and sunny right now. I know I didn't bring a warm enough jacket. What the hell happened to me?

bisonfanette
10-26-2017, 09:20 PM
That is going to be one he'll of a ride on landing

I was in Fargo at 12N and they said gusts of 50mph. Electricity out up north (TM Luncheon was cancelled at BWW.) Do you think their plane was able to land at 3:00pm?

Honeybooboo
10-26-2017, 10:21 PM
I was in Fargo at 12N and they said gusts of 50mph. Electricity out up north (TM Luncheon was cancelled at BWW.) Do you think their plane was able to land at 3:00pm?

Yes, flights can still land

This is just one whopper of a wind storm holy shit...glad the precip hasn't hit and doesn't sound likje it will

Bison 4 Life
10-27-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm wheels down in 2 hrs. Hope it holds up

tjbison
10-27-2017, 01:18 AM
your fine, its just wind

PlainsAg
10-27-2017, 01:46 AM
Not gonna lie, the landing was...... interesting.

But, that was nothing compared to the wind and cold when we stepped outside. It's freaking windy and cold! It was 75 degrees in OKC today. I'm here at Wurst in what we in Oklahoma City call blizzard conditions. Thankfully, we took an Uber and there's plenty of beer here.

Honeybooboo
10-27-2017, 01:52 AM

But, that was nothing compared to the wind and cold when we stepped outside. It's freaking windy and cold! It was 75 degrees in OKC today. I'm here at Wurst in what we in Oklahoma City call blizzard conditions. Thankfully, we took an Uber and there's plenty of beer here.

Lol..you hit this at the right time...luckily this storm is blowing thru tomorrow

HerdBot
10-27-2017, 02:25 AM

When in Rome. Hey at least you get the full experience!! After this shit, Saturday will will feel like a heat wave. Trust me. Mid 40s and no wind will be like jumping into a hot tub after a cold pool

DakotaOkie
10-27-2017, 02:31 AM

LOL, I live in OK and understand what folks here call a blizzard is 80% of the time just a little blustery. For what it is worth, the wind is rolling about 30-40 mph tonight...just not cold yet. Might be frost in the morning, though.

BisonLaw
10-27-2017, 02:37 AM

Glad you guys made it in safe. Even when it's cold outside, cold beer still tastes pretty good around here. Have a great weekend!

barnwintersportsengelstad
10-27-2017, 03:11 AM
This is a pretty good thread.
Simple ?,
Your attendance this season has varied from about 18,300 to 18,800. Is this range like standing room tickets or obstructed view seats? or?
Good attendance!

Bison 4 Life
10-27-2017, 03:13 AM
Yep. Landing was gnarly but I'm in you Fargo! See you Saturday!

BisonLaw
10-27-2017, 03:16 AM
This is a pretty good thread.
Simple ?,
Your attendance this season has varied from about 18,300 to 18,800. Is this range like standing room tickets or obstructed view seats? or?
Good attendance!

I'm just speculating, but I imagine any variation is due to the amount of students that show up as well as the amount of tickets used by the visitors. Most games seem to have empty seats in the visitor's section.

89MTBISON
10-27-2017, 05:14 AM
I'm just speculating, but I imagine any variation is due to the amount of students that show up as well as the amount of tickets used by the visitors. Most games seem to have empty seats in the visitor's section.

Not usually, any unsold visitor's seats are snapped up quickly by Bison fans. Section 23, which is next door to my season tickets in Section 22, is no more empty than any other section. Visiting teams fans are usually players' family members, school "officials", or diehard fans, they show up for games. For the Montana game several years ago we had to listen to 500 annoying Griz fans, they were as dumb as the chair they sat their fat butts in.

BisonLaw
10-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Not usually, any unsold visitor's seats are snapped up quickly by Bison fans. Section 23, which is next door to my season tickets in Section 22, is no more empty than any other section. Visiting teams fans are usually players' family members, school "officials", or diehard fans, they show up for games. For the Montana game several years ago we had to listen to 500 annoying Griz fans, they were as dumb as the chair they sat their fat butts in.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I've seen plenty of empty seats over in 23 every game this year. It's usually the rows between where the visitor fans end and the Bison fans start.

We can agree on the Griz fans though. ;)

tjbison
10-27-2017, 10:58 AM
When in Rome. Hey at least you get the full experience!! After this shit, Saturday will will feel like a heat wave. Trust me. Mid 40s and no wind will be like jumping into a hot tub after a cold pool

40 is going to feel pretty damn cold, it's been warmer than that no way anyone is used to those temps yet

scottietohottie
10-27-2017, 11:02 AM
40 is going to feel pretty damn cold, it's been warmer than that no way anyone is used to those temps yet

It's 21 degrees up here in the artic. Looking forward to 40.

MNLonghorn10
10-27-2017, 11:18 AM
40 is going to feel pretty damn cold, it's been warmer than that no way anyone is used to those temps yetAgreed. 40s feels great in February and March.

In October it's still very cold. And tonight's low is 14. Ain't nobody got time for that shit... I wish it would be in the 60s like last week

tjbison
10-27-2017, 11:25 AM
It's 21 degrees up here in the artic. Looking forward to 40.

Yes, but it's not like your acclimated to it yet

That's all I'm saying, it won't feel "like a hot tub"

scottietohottie
10-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes, but it's not like your acclimated to it yet

That's all I'm saying, it won't feel "like a hot tub"

I know what your saying. People will be dressed like it's twenty below zero. And those same people will be running around in t shirts or hoodies in the same temps if it was February or March.

My mug makes me feel like a hot tub on the inside.:biggrin:

tjbison
10-27-2017, 12:10 PM
My mug makes me feel like a hot tub on the inside.:biggrin:

yes...yes it does

SDbison
10-27-2017, 03:47 PM

LW Are you still looking for tickets. How many do you need? 2 or 3?

bisonfanette
10-27-2017, 06:08 PM
They have tickets in section 9 row F so if you don’t see him at tailgate & if you want to give them a BISON Welcome, you can head on over to section 9! :-)

MNLonghorn10
10-27-2017, 06:23 PM
They have tickets in section 9 row F so if you don’t see him at tailgate & if you want to give them a BISON Welcome, you can head on over to section 9! :-)Hes going to love all of the hook em horns hand signs.

PlainsAg
10-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Bisonettefan got us the hook in tickets. Thanks again!

Yeah, wasn't expecting all the tu horns hand signs. Despite that, we've been loving our time in Fargo.

NDSUSR
10-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Bisonettefan got us the hook in tickets. Thanks again!

Yeah, wasn't expecting all the tu horns hand signs. Despite that, we've been loving our time in Fargo.

My only advice is monitor your alcohol intake, Bison fans can drink and will want you to as well. Other than that, don't be shy at the tailgate.

tjbison
10-28-2017, 11:23 AM
When you love to hunt and go to football it's fuvkimg beautiful out right now...people from anywhere else wouldn't understand

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2017, 11:43 AM
You will see a lot of tailgaiting rigs the double as ice fishing houses make sure you stop at a few and see how we fish in the winter. It is one thing you will not see at tailgates around all that often. We thinks it's just normal but it is actually just our normal.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-28-2017, 12:57 PM
When you love to hunt and go to football it's fuvkimg beautiful out right now...people from anywhere else wouldn't understand

Set up on Friday morning in a corn field. Fricken miserable, geese were spooky as hell and only had one duck come into the spread. Froze my ass off. First time I ever saw my Retriever shiver. All that for one stink'en goose.

Yeah, wasn't beautiful for me.

scottietohottie
10-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Set up on Friday morning in a corn field. Fricken miserable, geese were spooky as hell and only had one duck come into the spread. Froze my ass off. First time I ever saw my Retriever shiver. All that for one stink'en goose.

Yeah, wasn't beautiful for me.

It wouldn't have been fair a couple days ago. I stumbled upon about 200 full grown honkers and some jumbo mallards bunkered down in the little blizzard we had while I was checking cows. I thought about going and getting the 870 express but it wouldn't have been very sporty of me.

barnwintersportsengelstad
10-28-2017, 05:05 PM
It wouldn't have been fair a couple days ago. I stumbled upon about 200 full grown honkers and some jumbo mallards bunkered down in the little blizzard we had while I was checking cows. I thought about going and getting the 870 express but it wouldn't have been very sporty of me.

Cows/calves doing alright? Miss them critters.

NDSUSR
10-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Any PlainsAg sightings? Is he still alive? Passed out yet?

PlainsAg
10-28-2017, 08:41 PM

Going strong. Had the Bison Blessing. Now we're trusting the defense to pull this one out.

BFKasper14
10-28-2017, 08:56 PM

Made sure they were taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUSR
10-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Made sure they were taken care of.

Nice!

10char

Bizonwon
10-28-2017, 11:23 PM
PlainsAg.....how was your experience? Likes and/or dislikes? Safe trip home!!

oldmantutters
10-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Hopefully you enjoyed the game PlainsAg, and will have a chance to get out and enjoy the victory tonight. For the full effect come back for the first playoff game in December (assuming 1st round bye). Maybe even a Friday night tailgate!

PlainsAg
10-28-2017, 11:54 PM
I'll give the full break down once I'm back home. To be brief, this has been a fantastic weekend.

We're here at the Wurst at the 2 seater tables behind the bar atm if anyone is in the area. Just looks for 2 guys in Notre Dame gear. We'd be happy to buy you a drink and toast the Bison Nation.

PlainsAg
10-31-2017, 06:47 PM
Bison Nation, what a great weekend.

It's usually been the three of us doing these football outings. But, this year our third partner in crime was otherwise occupied. And he seriously missed out.

The tailgating was spectacular. Special shout out to BFKasper14 for the personalized tour. The man met us for a drink when we arrived Thursday evening then took us on a grand tour of the tailgate. Seriously solid guy. Every place we went we were met by the friendliest fans who were more than generous with their food and drink. It was great just to talk football with fans who actually know about good football. Another shout out to Bisonettefan for the hookup on tickets. She definitely went above and beyond and for that we thank her.

Inside the Dome was amazing. Again, you can tell the knowledge of a football crowd by when they get loud. When NDSU had the ball, everyone went quiet. When the defense took the field, the place went nuts. I can't tell you how many places I've been to with fans who don't get this basic football concept (looking your way Texas Tech). Home field advantage: NDSU, each and every time.

You guys have something special there in Fargo. Great fans, a rock solid football team, and an atmosphere inside and outside the Dome that many (most?) FBS schools would give anything to have.

Great win against UNI and best of luck with the rest of the season and playoffs.

Sincerely,

PlainsAg

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Glad you had fun... Never got a chance to meet you, maybe next time when you bring third wheel

Always liked reading these first impression posts from visitors... We get a lot of these from fans of teams ndsu sees in the playoffs but wouldn't normally see in the regular season

NDSUSR
10-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Glad you had a fun trip!!!!!

NDSU
10-31-2017, 06:54 PM
I looked up and seen a few guys in Notre Dame gear and thought that had to be you guys. I wish I would have said hi! I'm glad you enjoyed you're trip.

bisonfanette
10-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Come again and bring the 3rd Musketeer next time! OR... meet us in Frisco!!!

BFKasper14
10-31-2017, 10:38 PM
It was a blast meeting you guys! Couple of the nicest men you will meet! Hopefully you got enough to eat and drink! Come back soon!

yodayote
11-07-2017, 01:29 AM
New poster here, SD fan that will be making it to Fargo this weekend for the game. We like to have a good time and mingle with other fan bases. But, I was wondering about tailgating spaces and availability. Are they all reserved spaces, if so are they all sold out? Any information would be great. Looking forward to a great game this weekend.

TAILG8R
11-07-2017, 01:57 AM
New poster here, SD fan that will be making it to Fargo this weekend for the game. We like to have a good time and mingle with other fan bases. But, I was wondering about tailgating spaces and availability. Are they all reserved spaces, if so are they all sold out? Any information would be great. Looking forward to a great game this weekend.

There is a small section of general admission spots for tailgating. My guess is this week if you show up a bit before 9:30 you’ll get a spot but don’t count that as a guarantee. In general about 65-70 rigs/buses/trailers get in depending on spots needed for each. You must by twice the number of spots your vehicle takes up and are limited to only that amount. $5 a spot which is highway robbery for us fans. As has been posted many times on this board get to the lots early and walk around, you’ll have more food and booze offered to you than you can eat/drink. As long as you’re friendly you will find only welcoming tailgating groups.

Have fun and enjoy the day because it will fly by faster than you realize.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2017, 02:27 AM

how many SD folks do you have coming up?

El_Chapo
11-07-2017, 02:54 AM
deer hunting and bandwagon fans falling off due to 1 loss, should be plenty of room for tailgating and 800 tickets from students returned. enjoy!

yodayote
11-07-2017, 11:26 AM
We will have 3-4 family's...usually around 15 people. I know that USD is hosting an "indoor tailgate" across from the dome at the Air Museum, but would much prefer to be outside cooking, hanging out, and enjoying beverages.

If we get there early enough, I am sure we will have to following the other cars that we want park right next to, correct?

tjbison
11-07-2017, 11:54 AM
We will have 3-4 family's...usually around 15 people. I know that USD is hosting an "indoor tailgate" across from the dome at the Air Museum, but would much prefer to be outside cooking, hanging out, and enjoying beverages.

If we get there early enough, I am sure we will have to following the other cars that we want park right next to, correct?

GA line starts forming Friday night, I'm guessing with deer hunting it might not be full so might be a chance you get in Saturday morning but I would be there extremely early and be in line with vehicles you want to be with

One thing about NDSU they are not very good for having a visitor tailgate lot, wish they would make a change there

yodayote
11-07-2017, 11:59 AM
If the lot is full, do people go elsewhere to tailgate, or are they very strict with the alcohol policy only in approved lots?

Honeybooboo
11-07-2017, 12:15 PM
If the lot is full, do people go elsewhere to tailgate, or are they very strict with the alcohol policy only in approved lots?

You technically can park and8 tailgate in the east lots, they say no alcohol but have no clue how strict they enforce it, thete won't be a problem parking together, the actual GA in the west lots may not be full this week so I would try any of the below

Get in line early as possible Sat morning for GA and roll the dice
Go to the East lot and set up be discreet and see with the booze
Park and walk around

Bisonguy
11-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Try to get GA spots if you’re up early enough. As stated by others, there’s a better chance of getting some this week vs earlier in the season.

Otherwise, park on the east side of the Fargodome and walk over to the west lots and make some new friends. This is what most visiting fans end up doing. The air museum is directly across the street from the west lots so you’ll have that option available to you.

Yes, you can tailgate on the east side, but pretty much nobody does and the east side is so much better.

wagsabison
11-07-2017, 01:04 PM
With the cooler weather you shouldn't have a problem getting a spot in the GA lot if you get there early enough. Seems to turn into more vehicle parking as the season gets later.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2017, 01:33 PM

If we get there early enough, I am sure we will have to following the other cars that we want park right next to, correct?Check your private messages

THEsocalledfan
11-07-2017, 01:37 PM

With the turn in colder weather, you will find many "fair weather" tailgaters, even at NDSU. So, keep an eye on the ticket exchange thread for reserved tailgating passes. This would be a "sure thing" if you can snag those and what I would recommend to keep stress low. Here is another link you can check, too: https://www.ndsualumni.com/football-tailgating-parking-space-exchange-blog Looks like some are for sale right now!

Trumpster
11-07-2017, 01:38 PM
You shouldn't have a problem getting into the GA tailgate lot. I showed up 30 minutes early last game and got in.

yodayote
11-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Thank you for all the help! Leaving for Fargo shortly....looking forward to a great weekend.

imabison
11-10-2017, 04:12 PM
You technically can park and8 tailgate in the east lots, they say no alcohol but have no clue how strict they enforce it, thete won't be a problem parking together, the actual GA in the west lots may not be full this week so I would try any of the below

Get in line early as possible Sat morning for GA and roll the dice
Go to the East lot and set up be discreet and see with the booze
Park and walk around

As far as them catching people in the east lots drinking one way they would catch you is if you were obvious, and the other way is as the lot fills their cart drives
around counting open spots and might report it. otherwise I have not heard of any issues. Lots of spots to join have a brew food. enjoy

EndZoneQB
11-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Had an absolute blast with the USD fans that tailgated with us. Hope you guys had as much fun as we did!

yodayote
11-13-2017, 03:00 PM
A big thank you to MNLonghorn10 and his buddies....we had a great time at the tailgate. Not to mention every other Bison fan that I spoke with was more than generous to our group. Thanks again.

Comfortably Numb Bison
11-13-2017, 03:04 PM
To the random USD fan that threw his empty beer can in the grass before entering the building. Believe it or not we have garbage cans here in North Dakota try to use it next time. We rode him pretty hard until he picked it up and a little afterward too.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm still drunk. Opposing teams parents + booze is deadly

EndZoneQB
11-13-2017, 03:52 PM
A big thank you to MNLonghorn10 and his buddies....we had a great time at the tailgate. Not to mention every other Bison fan that I spoke with was more than generous to our group. Thanks again.

Hopefully you guys can come back for the playoffs and we can do it all over again!

BTW, I want the recipe for the root beer drink and the crackers that were crack.

yodayote
11-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Hopefully you guys can come back for the playoffs and we can do it all over again!

BTW, I want the recipe for the root beer drink and the crackers that were crack.

That might be difficult, he guards those recipes.

HuskerBizon
11-13-2017, 07:16 PM
What the heck is up with this

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/letters/4358525-letter-fans-who-stand-whole-game-ruin-it-those-back

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2017, 07:23 PM
What the heck is up with this

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/letters/4358525-letter-fans-who-stand-whole-game-ruin-it-those-back

McFeely probably wrote it.....

Milkman
11-13-2017, 07:35 PM
McFeely probably wrote it.....

well an anagram for Gary C. Reinke is "a gee rink cry". Sounds like something you'd do at a F'hawky game/match/bout...what ever the hell they are called.

80ALUM
11-14-2017, 04:16 AM
He's quite elderly so I'd guess that's the issue with the standing.

1979 Bison
11-14-2017, 05:53 AM
He's quite elderly so I'd guess that's the issue with the standing.

FYI...I believe Mr. Reinke, the author of the letter to the Forum, is a former Director of Physical Plant at NDSU...was in that position when FargoDome was designed and built (it was a city project, but had much input and coordination with NDSU). He has been retired approximately 15-20 years...was a great guy to work with. Yes, fans of that age probably cannot stand for any length of time at a Bison game, so he may have a legitimate gripe. However, we all know there is no reasonable method of policing this issue anyway. Also, the culture has changed dramatically at Bison games since the D2 days when fan participation in the game was not as prevalent and crowd noise was not encouraged...a fairly dramatic change in game day culture that Mr. Reinke may not have been prepared for!

NDSUSR
11-14-2017, 06:43 AM
FYI...I believe Mr. Reinke, the author of the letter to the Forum, is a former Director of Physical Plant at NDSU...was in that position when FargoDome was designed and built (it was a city project, but had much input and coordination with NDSU). He has been retired approximately 15-20 years...was a great guy to work with. Yes, fans of that age probably cannot stand for any length of time at a Bison game, so he may have a legitimate gripe. However, we all know there is no reasonable method of policing this issue anyway. Also, the culture has changed dramatically at Bison games since the D2 days when fan participation in the game was not as prevalent and crowd noise was not encouraged...a fairly dramatic change in game day culture that Mr. Reinke may not have been prepared for!

Out of simple respect for the elderly, I would have just switched rows with them.

Hammerhead
11-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Out of simple respect for the elderly, I would have just switched rows with them.

That's a good idea if you are the only one standing. What if you are in row T and everyone from A to S is also standing?

80ALUM
11-14-2017, 03:12 PM

I know him well and yes, he was the Director of the Physical Plant and Buildings and Grounds.

He actually only gave up his season tickets a couple of years ago so I'm sure he is well aware of the D1 atmosphere . Also, attends FBS games NDSU plays in so I think his complaint is probably legit.

tony
11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
That's a good idea if you are the only one standing. What if you are in row T and everyone from A to S is also standing?

I could barely make it to row T when I was in my 20s. Used to establish a base camp at row M.

My original seats (which one of my buddies has taken over) are up in the double letters. We specifically went as high as possible so we could stand the whole game, but even with only a couple rows behind us, we sit down a lot because the people in the back of us sit down. Hard to enjoy ourselves when we know we are inconveniencing others (some who have had their seats since the dome's opening too.)

At some point, if this problem become bad enough, they are going to go the route of making people sit down or get out - just like they do in English soccer matches. Seems like sensible compromise would be be the best option.

https://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/3/1667401/fan-guide-standing-games-etiquette-football-rules

EC8CH
11-14-2017, 05:39 PM
https://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/3/1667401/fan-guide-standing-games-etiquette-football-rules

Too complicated. My Rules:

When to Stand:
Kickoffs
Bison on Defense
In Frisco

When to Sit:
Whatever is Left

People aren't required to follow the when to stand rule, but shouldn't complain about others who do.

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2017, 06:22 PM
I wish we could fill our weeks with discussion other than standing and kneeling.

gumby013
11-14-2017, 07:31 PM
This is why I am never giving up my top-row seats. Stand, sit, wall behind me don't care.

Hammerhead
11-14-2017, 09:30 PM
This is why I am never giving up my top-row seats. Stand, sit, wall behind me don't care.

Even better are those seats at the top of the aisle where there is nobody in front of you

td577
11-14-2017, 11:02 PM
When I get too old to stand because the people in front of me are pumped about the game and standing, it will be time to stay home. It is part of the experience and it should be expected.

HerdistheWord
11-15-2017, 12:23 AM
Too complicated. My Rules:

When to Stand:
Kickoffs
Bison on Defense
In Frisco

When to Sit:
Whatever is Left

People aren't required to follow the when to stand rule, but shouldn't complain about others who do.

This is pretty reasonable and was basically the unwritten rule in the endzone section that I sat in during the WIU game. I usually glance behind me to see if others are standing. If not, I'll stay seated unless, the people in front of me are standing and obstructing my view. In that case, well, I paid to watch the game too.

NDSUSR
11-15-2017, 02:41 AM

I can only control things which are within my scope.

NDSUSR
11-15-2017, 02:44 AM
When I get too old to stand because the people in front of me are pumped about the game and standing, it will be time to stay home. It is part of the experience and it should be expected.

Rare for me to give neg rep....

"Way to respect your elders... DICK!"

td577
11-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Rare for me to give neg rep....

"Way to respect your elders... DICK!"

It isn't about respecting elders or not. It is about expectations and whether I can live with them or not. I fully expect the people in front of me to stand during the game. If and when I am unable to stand, which will probably happen, then it is time to stay home if it bothers me. Otherwise, if the ability to stand is a disability, there are sections for that, as well.

We are talking about a football game, not a poetry recital. Of all the things I expect to happen at a football game, fans standing during parts or all of it are certainly one of them. My or anyone else's ability to participate AND have a problem with it has nothing to do with respect for anyone, it is a failure to appreciate what they signed up for.

tjbison
11-15-2017, 12:39 PM
It isn't about respecting elders or not. It is about expectations and whether I can live with them or not. I fully expect the people in front of me to stand during the game. If and when I am unable to stand, which will probably happen, then it is time to stay home if it bothers me. Otherwise, if the ability to stand is a disability, there are sections for that, as well.

We are talking about a football game, not a poetry recital. Of all the things I expect to happen at a football game, fans standing during parts or all of it are certainly one of them. My or anyone else's ability to participate AND have a problem with it has nothing to do with respect for anyone, it is a failure to appreciate what they signed up for.

Yeah, people crying better not attend Frisco if they make it or any big FBS game

But I can't believe this is a topic right now

Mr Meaty
11-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Yeah, people crying better not attend Frisco if they make it or any big FBS game

But I can't believe this is a topic right now

Better than the kneeling debate.....:hide:

NachZ
11-15-2017, 01:15 PM

Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?

td577
11-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?Yeah, it's called KVLY-TV or ESPN3. Already been worked out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
11-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?

Thats what some countries do in Europe for soccer. Seems to work well.

BraxtonT
11-16-2017, 01:29 AM
Yeah, it's called KVLY-TV or ESPN3. Already been worked out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You are a dick!!!

CyPanth
11-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Probably need a section with extra aisles as there will be frequent needs for people to make bathroom runs.

PAC Bison
11-16-2017, 09:43 PM
I took my mom to the UNI game for her 85th birthday. She stood for every kick with hands in the air wiggling her fingers. Stood most of the time we were on defense, at least for third downs. She even kept 4 fingers up from the end of the 3rd quarter, to the snap of the ball in the 4th. Never complained a bit about people standing up in front of us. She did bitch out the Bison fans that boo'd when the other team entered the field, though. That's bad sportsmanship dotcha know.

td577
11-17-2017, 12:44 AM
You are a dick!!!

Thank you and to think, I wasn't even trying.

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules that are normally the approved appropriate times it is ok to stand. We could also come up with numerous other scenarios where it would also be ok to stand. Is it ok to stand more during playoff football? I would say this last game started having more of a playoff feel to it. Two ranked teams, a seed on the line, and it is a Dakota school rival. 99.99% of anyone going to a game is going to have their reason for standing to be appropriate when they are on their feet, so there is no concern for the people behind them. So let's not pretend on a Wednesday people really all of a sudden care about this specific behavior for the people around them.

It should be expected people are going to stand at Bison games. While there are certain situations dictating an automatic standing behavior, there are going to be other times when standing is also appropriate. If you are unable to participate there are options. You can go to the game, but you can't complain when those around you are behaving in a way which is fully appropriate given the context it is a sporting event and people stand. Another option is if you are disabled and can't stand, then get a spot in the handicapped sections. Of course, there is always the option to stay home and watch the game on TV where you do have more control over who is standing in front of you during gameplay. It isn't anyone's personal responsibility to insure another person is having a good time as long as they are staying within the parameters of their own behavior being appropriate. Given this is a sporting event, there are times when sitting is the least appropriate behavior.

If you go to a Bison game, be prepared to stand. It may only happen during some prescribed times or it may happen spontaneously during other times of the game. It might even last longer than you anticipated. Either join in by standing, don't stand but keep the complaining to yourself, or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.

BisonLaw
11-17-2017, 12:59 AM

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules that are normally the approved appropriate times it is ok to stand. We could also come up with numerous other scenarios where it would also be ok to stand. Is it ok to stand more during playoff football? I would say this last game started having more of a playoff feel to it. Two ranked teams, a seed on the line, and it is a Dakota school rival. 99.99% of anyone going to a game is going to have their reason for standing to be appropriate when they are on their feet, so there is no concern for the people behind them. So let's not pretend on a Wednesday people really all of a sudden care about this specific behavior for the people around them.

It should be expected people are going to stand at Bison games. While there are certain situations dictating an automatic standing behavior, there are going to be other times when standing is also appropriate. If you are unable to participate there are options. You can go to the game, but you can't complain when those around you are behaving in a way which is fully appropriate given the context it is a sporting event and people stand. Another option is if you are disabled and can't stand, then get a spot in the handicapped sections. Of course, there is always the option to stay home and watch the game on TV where you do have more control over who is standing in front of you during gameplay. It isn't anyone's personal responsibility to insure another person is having a good time as long as they are staying within the parameters of their own behavior being appropriate. Given this is a sporting event, there are times when sitting is the least appropriate behavior.

If you go to a Bison game, be prepared to stand. It may only happen during some prescribed times or it may happen spontaneously during other times of the game. It might even last longer than you anticipated. Either join in by standing, don't stand but keep the complaining to yourself, or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.

This has never happened to me.

BraxtonT
11-17-2017, 06:04 AM

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules..............or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.

I have no problem with any of your above statements. Your previous posts led me to believe you think it is okay for a single fan to stand for the entire game while everybody else around him is seated. Is that okay in your way of thinking or not?

For the record, I can't get up to stand all the time. I've adapted to my situation the best I can to make sure I can still attend the games in person. I understand the appropriate times when people get up in front of me, so I watch the video boards when that happens. I have yet to ask somebody to sit down, but if someone felt compelled to stand in front of me while the rest of the section is seated, I would say something then. To me, that's just flat out rude.

In regards to the handicap sections available in the dome: They suck! They are in the end zones and the corners. I'll stay in my section on the 35 yard line as long as I am able to get there.

td577
11-17-2017, 10:40 AM
I have no problem with any of your above statements. Your previous posts led me to believe you think it is okay for a single fan to stand for the entire game while everybody else around him is seated. Is that okay in your way of thinking or not?

For the record, I can't get up to stand all the time. I've adapted to my situation the best I can to make sure I can still attend the games in person. I understand the appropriate times when people get up in front of me, so I watch the video boards when that happens. I have yet to ask somebody to sit down, but if someone felt compelled to stand in front of me while the rest of the section is seated, I would say something then. To me, that's just flat out rude.

In regards to the handicap sections available in the dome: They suck! They are in the end zones and the corners. I'll stay in my section on the 35 yard line as long as I am able to get there.

I don't think a single fan standing is appropriate.

HerdThat!
11-17-2017, 02:21 PM
How about those that want to sit just come to the game once all the others start to leave early