PDA

View Full Version : Answer: 11

tony
10-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Question: On a scale of 1-10, how spoiled are Bison fans right now? :)

1. We're 6-0 but the schedule has been weak... wait a second - nobody else out there has played two of last year's semifinalists and beaten them both. Sure, some MVFC teams still have a chance do that in the regular season, but they haven't done it yet. Heck, USD is the only FCS team to have a win against one of last year's semifinalists.
2. Most teams don't get to experience a 6-game winning streak more than once a decade (if that.)
3. Most teams didn't avenge a playoff loss on the other team's home field with a beat down.
4. I can't think of any other teams who have gone on the road and beaten two top-10 teams.

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2017, 08:29 PM

1. We're 6-0 but the schedule has been weak... wait a second - nobody else out there has played two of last year's semifinalists and beaten them both. Sure, some MVFC teams still have a chance do that in the regular season, but they haven't done it yet. Heck, USD is the only FCS team to have a win against one of last year's semifinalists.
2. Most teams don't get to experience a 6-game winning streak more than once a decade (if that.)
3. Most teams didn't avenge a playoff loss on the other team's home field with a beat down.
4. I can't think of any other teams who have gone on the road and beaten two top-10 teams.

Didn't you hear? Our QB and coach suck.

Hammerhead
10-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Most FCS teams don't sell out home games or have a decent tailgating experience. Last year we won six games against teams that finished in the top 20 Sagarin ratings and an FBS team.

GenX
10-18-2017, 09:03 PM

This! You would think we were 4 & 2, coming off a couple of bad losses, and searching for an identity. Wait - that's South Dakota State. Seriously though, Bison Nation would be in melt down mode if anything resembling a downturn occurs. Extremely spoiled fan base.

BisonTeacher
10-18-2017, 09:14 PM
people actually complain that we win. So yes.. 11.

BisonLaw
10-18-2017, 09:37 PM
10.5 We didn't get Gameday...

Bison Loaf
10-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Bullshit!!!

How can I possibly be spoiled when we haven't won a Natty in over a year, had a pom-pom event in over two years, and hosted a GameDay in over 3 years??!!

C'mon Tony, think before you post! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

gumby013
10-18-2017, 09:44 PM
pom-pom

Oh, dear god, no...

MNLonghorn10
10-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Friday night tailgate is the only thing that'll save this season

HerdBot
10-18-2017, 10:08 PM
After the first 5 games, I just wanted to see something competitive to get the blood flowing

BisonFanAnn
10-18-2017, 10:13 PM
Herdbot, I hope the Youngstown State game was exciting enough for you.

bisonfanette
10-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Bullshit!!!

How can I possibly be spoiled when we haven't won a Natty in over a year, had a pom-pom event in over two years, and hosted a GameDay in over 3 years??!!

This really hurts... :(

tjbison
10-18-2017, 11:11 PM
NDSU has some interesting "fans"

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2017, 01:04 AM
JMU is better

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2017, 01:21 AM
Bullshit!!!

Someone needs to revive the pom-pom thread.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Bullshit!!!

That's Pom pon!!!

CaBisonFan
10-19-2017, 03:00 AM
A certain element of Bison fan leaves games so early that it's a wonder they ever show up. I have no concept as to what's on their mind. Our depth players must think they're at a scrimmage.

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 04:46 AM
A certain element of Bison fan leaves games so early that it's a wonder they ever show up. I have no concept as to what's on their mind. Our depth players must think they're at a scrimmage.

Especially when you consider that there are only six guaranteed home games every year. Add in how much work these student-athletes put in, and I too, don't understand the concept of leaving after 60 to 90 minutes of football. I've heard a lot of excuses, especially in regards to beating traffic. However, after a decade of attending Broncos games, beating 19,000 people to get home is nothing compared to trying to beat 76,000 people.

Life is too short. Enjoy the moment of Bison Football. Look how much time each year we spend waiting for the season to arrive.

BisonLaw
10-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Especially when you consider that there are only six guaranteed home games every year. Add in how much work these student-athletes put in, and I too, don't understand the concept of leaving after 60 to 90 minutes of football. I've heard a lot of excuses, especially in regards to beating traffic. However, after a decade of attending Broncos games, beating 19,000 people to get home is nothing compared to trying to beat 76,000 people.

Life is too short. Enjoy the moment of Bison Football. Look how much time each year we spend waiting for the season to arrive.

You must really like overtime!

bisonfanette
10-19-2017, 04:56 AM

^ This ^ Agree!!!

CaBisonFan
10-19-2017, 05:17 AM

Life is too short. Enjoy the moment of Bison Football. Look how much time each year we spend waiting for the season to arrive.I was at the MVSU home opener. People were leaving at the end of the first quarter. Couldn't believe it. Oh yeah...we're spoiled. It'll be interesting to see how we hang in there in a tight game.

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 06:14 AM
You must really like overtime!

Just in case you weren't being snarky humorous, I wasn't referring to actually game time, but the actually time sitting in or standing by your seat.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2017, 12:46 PM
I will admit I left two home games late in 3rd qtr. I never did that until this year. I feel the players on the field deserve my attention to the work they have put in. But I could not take watching the other team which was so horrible. Traffic is the worst excuse since the traffic jam is like 15 minutes. Now the 75 minute drive home might be a better excuse. But either way I felt bad for leaving. So to let those players down.

bisonmike2
10-19-2017, 12:52 PM
spoiler alert. you put the answer to the question at the title of the thread.

OnTheFifty
10-19-2017, 12:59 PM
Someone needs to revive the pom-pom thread.

Still my all time favorite Bisonville post..when Mr. Burgundy called out Herdbot. "Gentleman, just to summarize here, this is a grown man trying to teach people how to waive pom pons in unison....."

Bison Loaf
10-19-2017, 01:30 PM
That's Pom pon!!!

Spoiled Brat!

This really hurts... :(

New Sign for you:

"I'm a spoiled Bison fan ............. and LOVING it!"

New sign for me:

"A Natty, Pom-poms, and GameDay every year ............... or I burn this place to the ground!"

:)

OatmealWicket92
10-19-2017, 01:55 PM
My wife, who is not a sports person at all, asked how I can watch blowout games. "How is that even fun to watch?" she says. My response is always, that's my team so it's fun as hell, I get to see some of the guys that are up and coming, and I am only guaranteed 11-12 games a year. We have been extremely spoiled, especially with our QB's. I know all facets of the bison team are really freaking good, but you do not get to where we are with mediocre QB play.

HerdBot
10-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Herdbot, I hope the Youngstown State game was exciting enough for you.

That did the trick. The first 5 games felt like Madden on easy level with the Pats vs Browns team. Youngstown got me fired up again and Western Illinois will be just as tough

runtheoption
10-19-2017, 02:41 PM
No matter how many championships we don't win, how long it has been since we played an FBS team, or we have to sit through the torture of another 60-0 butt-whipping, remember this...

WE ARE NOT UND.

That alone should be enough to cheer us up when things are looking down.

"We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)"

ByeSonBusiness
10-19-2017, 03:05 PM

If you live in Fargo, or want to watch a close game instead of a blowout, nothing wrong with leaving. You bought the ticket, do with it as you please. Pretty low energy to leave during a good game though.

Life is too short to stay at a game that you don't want to be at anymore

DePereBisonFan
10-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I mean...we had one of the best quarterbacks in the world starting for us for two years and people left games early while he was still in the lineup. Sometimes we go to games solely to see the other team, while the one worth watching all the time is right in front of us.

We are Fargo.

Also, *seven* DI home games next year. What other FCS team can say that? What G5 team can say that (for example, Kent State, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan have five this year, as do almost half the Sun Belt including Georgia Southern)? Spoiled we are.

bisonaudit
10-19-2017, 05:10 PM
You know, if the powers that be were concerned about people leaving early, they may consider allowing some postgame tailgating in order to spread out the crush.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2017, 05:18 PM
You know, if the powers that be were concerned about people leaving early, they may consider allowing some postgame tailgating in order to spread out the crush.

I was under the impression that it would be Sodom and Gomorrah if they allowed one extra minute of drinking to occur.

tony
10-19-2017, 05:37 PM
NDSU: 6 wins

Appalachian State + Georgia Southern + Coastal Carolina: 5 wins

bisonaudit
10-19-2017, 05:39 PM
I was under the impression that it would be Sodom and Gomorrah if they allowed one extra minute of drinking to occur.

One of the few things you can count on self righteous tools hating more than your good time is sitting in traffic.

HerdBot
10-19-2017, 06:18 PM
I mean...we had one of the best quarterbacks in the world starting for us for two years and people left games early while he was still in the lineup. Sometimes we go to games solely to see the other team, while the one worth watching all the time is right in front of us.

We are Fargo.

Also, *seven* DI home games next year. What other FCS team can say that? What G5 team can say that (for example, Kent State, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan have five this year, as do almost half the Sun Belt including Georgia Southern)? Spoiled we are.

Hell I was even in the camp of having Easton Stick start the Natty in case Wentz was rusty. In hindsight that was kind of stupid although we probably would have won either way

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 06:22 PM
If you live in Fargo, or want to watch a close game instead of a blowout, nothing wrong with leaving. You bought the ticket, do with it as you please. Pretty low energy to leave during a good game though.

Life is too short to stay at a game that you don't want to be at anymore

If you live in Fargo, what possible thing could be better than watching Bison Football? Blowouts are the games where we fans get to see a glimpse of the team's future arse-kickers.

Living in Colorado, I don't mind fans leaving Broncos games because that makes my 70 mile drive home easier and a less need to take back roads.

ByeSonBusiness
10-19-2017, 06:37 PM
If you live in Fargo, what possible thing could be better than watching Bison Football? Blowouts are the games where we fans get to see a glimpse of the team's future arse-kickers.

Living in Colorado, I don't mind fans leaving Broncos games because that makes my 70 mile drive home easier and a less need to take back roads.

If the game is decided, get home or to a bar, grab a cold one, catch the 2nd half of the 2:30 games that are close...flip back and forth between a few games..or catch a nap/food before evening plans. That's what we did when we were in school anyway.

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 07:18 PM
If the game is decided, get home or to a bar, grab a cold one, catch the 2nd half of the 2:30 games that are close...flip back and forth between a few games..or catch a nap/food before evening plans. That's what we did when we were in school anyway.

You're not much of a fan then. But of course, you've proven that many times before.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm at home and I watch every game to the end. In fact, the last time I left early was to ask my wife to marry me, 13 years ago.

ByeSonBusiness
10-19-2017, 07:39 PM
You're not much of a fan then. But of course, you've proven that many times before.

....lmao I lived Bison football until the 3-peat was done. I don't think I missed a game until my last year of school. Still left games early when they got ugly. Are you going to call Mr. Meaty a bad fan for leaving early? I think Longhorn has made comments about ducking out to go watch other games as well.

There aren't many good fans out there if you use leaving blowouts early as your barometer.

thebootfitter
10-19-2017, 07:56 PM
....lmao I lived Bison football until the 3-peat was done. I don't think I missed a game until my last year of school. Still left games early when they got ugly. Are you going to call Mr. Meaty a bad fan for leaving early? I think Longhorn has made comments about ducking out to go watch other games as well.

There aren't many good fans out there if you use leaving blowouts early as your barometer.
To each his/her own. I don't understand the mindset of leaving early if it's a team you care about, but everyone is different, I guess. Between not having the opportunity to go to many games anymore, genuinely enjoying the game -- even in a blowout, and both wanting to show support to the up and coming players as well as seeing what they have to offer, I want to get as much out of the game as I can.

DePereBisonFan
10-19-2017, 08:28 PM
NDSU: 6 wins

Appalachian State + Georgia Southern + Coastal Carolina: 5 wins

Those three teams versus FCS competition: 1-2, with the win being over Savannah State.

CyPanth
10-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Leaving early from a blowout is such a luxury. In Ames last Saturday, we still had 30,000+ in the stands on a rainy day at the very end of a 45-0 victory over bottom-feeder Kansas. I'd like to say that our fans are great, but hungry might be a better term.

EC8CH
10-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Leaving early from a blowout is such a luxury. In Ames last Saturday, we still had 30,000+ in the stands on a rainy day at the very end of a 45-0 victory over bottom-feeder Kansas. I'd like to say that our fans are great, but hungry might be a better term.

I've been to Jack Trice stadium and witnessed the fans leaving early during a blowout ;)

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 09:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-g-ugnsEA

Leaving early to go drink when you can do that pretty much every day is no excuse. Again, NDSU home games are only guaranteed to happen six times out of the year. Enjoy the team while you can. The offseason sucks.

Professor Chaos
10-19-2017, 09:32 PM
They actually do allow you to hang out in the tailgate lot to have a beer or two after the game. The policy is it's open after the game for 1 hour or until 11PM, whichever comes first (I think it used to be 2 hours). But, much like pregame tailgating, they'll tell you to pack up and move out a good 30 minutes before they "close".

semobison
10-19-2017, 09:49 PM
There is not a stadium in America where all the fans stay till the end of a game that is a blowout. I don't get the part where self righteous fans tell the other fans how to act at games either. Some fans just aren't the cheerleader type. Doesn't mean they are not as big of fan. They just express it differently. Same thing goes with message boards...I like to discuss our upcoming opponents strengths and have been jumped on for doing so. I like to watch, and discuss football, I'm not a cheerleader!

56BISON73
10-19-2017, 10:14 PM
There is not a stadium in America where all the fans stay till the end of a game that is a blowout. I don't get the part where self righteous fans tell the other fans how to act at games either. Some fans just aren't the cheerleader type. Doesn't mean they are not as big of fan. They just express it differently. Same thing goes with message boards...I like to discuss our upcoming opponents strengths and have been jumped on for doing so. I like to watch, and discuss football, I'm not a cheerleader!

:judges:......

LikeMothers
10-19-2017, 10:24 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bff66d50530090b079299c6a5788a37a/tumblr_mmz6zjr5bU1srrw8jo1_400.gif

Christopher Moen
10-19-2017, 11:47 PM

So you don't like cheerleaders.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/broncos-cheerleader.gif?w=640

And yes, die hard fans stay to the end.

semobison
10-20-2017, 12:02 AM
So you don't like cheerleaders.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/broncos-cheerleader.gif?w=640

And yes, die hard fans stay to the end.

Looks familiar, like my wife from a previous life!

KNOW IT ALL
10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Yep, crowd police, People who have an opinion on when and why other fans decide to leave the stadium. If only some people could understand how petty and low their lives are becoming when they honestly "give 2 shits" about what time another fan went home. Hey, maybe the guy is heading to a local watering hole to buy a round of drinks! I generally don't notice because I'm too busy minding my own business and having a good time!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
10-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Lets not forget....Kleiman puts the kabosh on running up the score. Watching 7 or 8 second half drives that often result in 1 first down and thats it, is boring to sit through.

I generally leave early because driving the FC out of the tailgate lot with no other cars is very convenient.

CAS4127
10-24-2017, 01:42 AM
Yep, crowd police, People who have an opinion on when and why other fans decide to leave the stadium. If only some people could understand how petty and low their lives are becoming when they honestly "give 2 shits" about what time another fan went home. Hey, maybe the guy is heading to a local watering hole to buy a round of drinks! I generally don't notice because I'm too busy minding my own business and having a good time!!!!!

Solid post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAKBison
10-24-2017, 04:46 AM

i give 2.5 shits cuz i cant see the damn field when you jam the isles. jusy be cuz u are no longer watching does not make it right to stop me from watching. I dont care if u go, but wait for a break in play for f-sake.

56BISON73
10-27-2017, 05:44 AM

Bingo!!!!!!!

56BISON73
10-27-2017, 05:54 AM
i give 2.5 shits cuz i cant see the damn field when you jam the isles. jusy be cuz u are no longer watching does not make it right to stop me from watching. I dont care if u go, but wait for a break in play for f-sake.

Hey we may as well beef about the yahoos who are going to the bathroom 3-4 times a game because they drank too much at tailgate. Or the people who get to there seats and 10 minutes after kickoff they have to go to the concession stand to get their bread sticks and tomatoe sauce.All the while complaining about how many steps they have to climb.:facepalm: Oh they do this every game. Why not purchase that crap before you go to your seat? I wish these people would leave early.:D:bow:

bisonp
10-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Hey we may as well beef about the yahoos who are going to the bathroom 3-4 times a game because they drank too much at tailgate. Or the people who get to there seats and 10 minutes after kickoff they have to go to the concession stand to get their bread sticks and tomatoe sauce.All the while complaining about how many steps they have to climb.:facepalm: Oh they do this every game. Why not purchase that crap before you go to your seat? I wish these people would leave early.:D:bow:

This seems to be an issue at a lot of big events these days, especially concerts. Bathrooms didn't used to be a problem at the Fargodome that I can remember. The only reason they are now is because people think they need to have 6 beers or a liter of water or coffee or energy drinks before they get through the doors.

If you can't hold your piss, whiskey is a better option.

stpaulbison
10-27-2017, 02:15 PM
This seems to be an issue at a lot of big events these days, especially concerts. Bathrooms didn't used to be a problem at the Fargodome that I can remember. The only reason they are now is because people think they need to have 6 beers or a liter of water or coffee or energy drinks before they get through the doors.

If you can't hold your piss, whiskey is a better option.

My tickets are in row BB. We parked on 12th St and walked to game 30 mins before kickoff, no tailgating. I had to take my 6 year old daughter to the bathroom 3 times in the first half during Miss Valley St game, it happens. After the 3rd trip and up 44-0 in 2nd quarter, I told her our day was over. MSVT got their TD while we walked through the concourse. I can only imagine how this may be frowned upon with the elites, please rain your judgement down on me oh supreme fans...

BattleBorn
10-27-2017, 05:38 PM
Being a Bison fan is o awesome that our biggest beef is with how many times people get up to piss during a game.

CaBisonFan
10-27-2017, 05:43 PM
My tickets are in row BB. We parked on 12th St and walked to game 30 mins before kickoff, no tailgating. I had to take my 6 year old daughter to the bathroom 3 times in the first half during Miss Valley St game, it happens. After the 3rd trip and up 44-0 in 2nd quarter, I told her our day was over. MSVT got their TD while we walked through the concourse. I can only imagine how this may be frowned upon with the elites, please rain your judgement down on me oh supreme fans...
I doubt that the discussion about fans leaving early has any relation to what you described. The discussion (at least my part) has to do with a trend.

Bison Loaf
10-27-2017, 06:10 PM
We parked on 12th St and walked to game 30 mins before kickoff, no tailgating.

I became gravely concerned at "30 minutes before kickoff".

You then lost me at "no tailgating"!!

:):)

TransAmBison
10-27-2017, 06:14 PM
I became gravely concerned at "30 minutes before kickoff".

You then lost me at "no tailgating"!!

:):)Yes, a series of bad choices. Kid is going to grow up with no sense of priorities. She will show up to work at noon and wonder why she got fired for only putting in half a day. Dad will be upset as she has to move back in and he will ask why this happened. Her response? I learned it from watching You

Bison Loaf
10-27-2017, 06:46 PM

Yes, a series of bad choices. Kid is going to grow up with no sense of priorities. She will show up to work at noon and wonder why she got fired for only putting in half a day. Dad will be upset as she has to move back in and he will ask why this happened. Her response? I learned it from watching You

Had to pull this one out of the old files. I'm glad I kept it because you just never know when a Bison fan is going to lose their way. :)

Nah, you're just doing it wrong.

Bison Kids Checklist:

Bison colors proudly worn.............check
Up before the dawn to get ready for tailgating...or else!........................check
What happens at tailgating, stays at tailgating (i.e don't tell Mom)...........check
Bathroom before and after the game, NOT during game time (dammit).........check
No food if the line prevents a return before game time (dammit)...........check
Complete reverence, possibly a small tear, and millions of goose bumps required for the playing of Thunder Struck..............check
EVERYBODY up for the kickoff........and that means you, buster.............................check
The word "suck" is not appropriate, unless referencing the school up north................check
NEVER, ever swear............unless the refs blow a call against the Bison...............check

Start'em right, be consistent, and they will respond to such sound educational practices. :)