PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Home Matches

BisonNation11
10-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Went to my first match this season and first in about 8 years. I really like what they've done with the BBF. Looks nice in there. On to the match. Bison were the better team last night and it wasn't ever really in doubt. Failed to get a program so putting names to faces/numbers isn't easy. Libero and setter are extremely fun to watch. I believe both are upper classman. We have some younger front row players that definitely have the skill but need the games to bring about the experience needed to play more calm. Fun bunch to watch and if we ever have the opportunity to go back, we definitely will. I really enjoy Coach Lopez. Great communicator, full of energy and she seems very relatable to the players. Most impressive thing about her is her ability to emulate digs on the sidelines with heels on. People have a hard time moving like that in athletic shoes let alone heels. She has a great fire in her and a passion for the game, so I hope that NDSU keeps her around. Obviously we have no idea what her ability to recruit is (don't know what her role in that was in her time as an assistant) but if you can teach the game, you can teach anyone.

Mr Meaty
10-14-2017, 02:09 PM
JLo has the team moving in right direction. Team is playing well also. Go Bison

bruinbison
10-14-2017, 03:02 PM
With the victory NDSU raises it’s season record to 13-5, 4-2 Summit. The Bison have won seven of eight home matches. The Bison host Western Illinois (6-14, 1-4 SL) at 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15.

Am encouraged the recruiting class stayed with Coach Lopez and that freshmen are contributing.
Don’t think they lost any of the recruits from last winter and spring (?) so it makes the transition much smoother.
A couple examples include 6’ 1” FR Allie Mauch with 9 kills, 3 blocks in the Omaha match and 6’ 2” FR Bella Lien with 7 kills, 3 blocks.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2017/10/13/womens-volleyball-ndsu-gets-on-block-to-stop-omaha-3-0.aspx

Southern Illinois struggling under Coach Thompson so far, the Salukis are 4-14 overall, 3-4 Missouri Valley.

roadwarrior
10-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Four home matches for the Bison in mid October:

Fri Oct 13 7pm - Omaha W 3-0
Sun Oct 15 1pm - Western Illinois W 3-0
Tue Oct 17 7pm - SDSU W 3-0
Sun Oct 22 1pm - USD L 0-3

roadwarrior
10-16-2017, 06:17 PM
We are at the half way point in the conference schedule:

Standings as of 10/16:

Oral Roberts 6-1
NDSU 5-2
Denver 5-2
USD 5-2
Fort Wayne 3-4
Omaha 3-4
Western 1-6
SDSU 0-7

NDSU was picked to finish in 5th place in the pre-season coaches poll.

roadwarrior
10-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Bump. SDSU at BBF tonight at 7pm

HandoEX
10-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Bump. SDSU at BBF tonight at 7pm

Beat the bunnies! Sounds like some major improvements just looking at their record. Go Bison!!

bruinbison
10-17-2017, 11:52 PM
TV guide showing NDSU-SDSU on channel 4 (1004) on CableOne at 7:00.
COZI

MAKBison
10-18-2017, 12:00 AM
TV guide showing NDSU-SDSU on channel 4 (1004) on CableOne at 7:00.
COZI

44 on DTV............

tony
10-18-2017, 12:50 AM
Listening on Bison1660... lots of action for Brake to call. NDSU up 2 sets to 0.

MAKBison
10-18-2017, 12:56 AM
So Today at my kid's school, it was pay a buck and not wear their uniform day. Assuming the SDSU coaches and staff got the same option. ...jeans really!

BTW SDSU's black VB uni's go over about as well as the FB's black uniforms

roadwarrior
10-18-2017, 01:48 AM
Jacks down quickly. Another loss for them.

Mr Meaty
10-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Keep the wins coming ladies. Doing great and keep it rolling.

IBleedYellow
10-18-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing JLo will be earning the removal of the interim tag from her title here sometime this Spring?

Mr Meaty
10-18-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm guessing JLo will be earning the removal of the interim tag from her title here sometime this Spring?

Nice article by Kolpack today. I would say "Pay the Man" we in this case " Pay the Woman". Losing as many seniors from last year and getting the current team to gel like they have and playing hard for her. Pay her.

runtheoption
10-18-2017, 03:20 PM

I don't think NDSU should wait any longer. A quick meeting between the honchos in the athletic department and the VB players, with the players confirming how awesome JLo is as a coach, should be all that is needed. The results speak for themselves.

TransAmBison
10-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I don't think NDSU should wait any longer. A quick meeting between the honchos in the athletic department and the VB players, with the players confirming how awesome JLo is as a coach, should be all that is needed. The results speak for themselves.She's doing an awesome job with this team...but can she recruit? If she can, this is a no-brainer...

TAILG8R
10-18-2017, 05:53 PM
She's doing an awesome job with this team...but can she recruit? If she can, this is a no-brainer...

Hard to recruit without a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
10-18-2017, 06:32 PM
Hard to recruit without a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. The sooner the better to get that interim tag removed.

BisonNation11
10-18-2017, 06:58 PM
She's doing an awesome job with this team...but can she recruit? If she can, this is a no-brainer...

What I want to know is what is making recruiting to NDSU so difficult since the early 2010's. We were freaking crushing it and then, nothing. We offer FCOA and there's money in the athletic dept. to take care of volleyball very well. Was the coaching that bad before? Is it facilities? Is the BBF a turnoff? One has to think when compared to UND we're way behind on the volleyball facility. Went to the match last Friday and had one ball bounce around the retractable basketball hoop before coming down in play and another ball take a bad angle bounce off the ceiling. I play recreational volleyball with taller ceilings. Can't imagine what the locker rooms look like for them. Wonder if there's any plans to update/build a volleyball facility.

roadwarrior
10-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Wonder if there's any plans to update/build a volleyball facility.

Do you realize how much money has been spent on the BBF the past several years? New floor, new seating, new windows, air conditioning, and locker room remodel.

I suppose they could always play at the SHAC.

BisonNation11
10-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Do you realize how much money has been spent on the BBF the past several years? New floor, new seating, new windows, air conditioning, and locker room remodel.

I suppose they could always play at the SHAC.

I do. Like I said previously, they've done a great job with the place. Really nice. But that doesn't fix the cramped playing quarters. Not that something huge is needed either. Was just wondering if facilities would be a turn off to go to NDSU. And by update, I meant make it bigger/taller.

Sharptail
10-19-2017, 12:30 AM
Went to my first match this season and first in about 8 years. I really like what they've done with the BBF. Looks nice in there. On to the match. Bison were the better team last night and it wasn't ever really in doubt. Failed to get a program so putting names to faces/numbers isn't easy. Libero and setter are extremely fun to watch. I believe both are upper classman. We have some younger front row players that definitely have the skill but need the games to bring about the experience needed to play more calm. Fun bunch to watch and if we ever have the opportunity to go back, we definitely will. I really enjoy Coach Lopez. Great communicator, full of energy and she seems very relatable to the players. Most impressive thing about her is her ability to emulate digs on the sidelines with heels on. People have a hard time moving like that in athletic shoes let alone heels. She has a great fire in her and a passion for the game, so I hope that NDSU keeps her around. Obviously we have no idea what her ability to recruit is (don't know what her role in that was in her time as an assistant) but if you can teach the game, you can teach anyone.Great set of comments! Yes, the freshman talent is really promising.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bruinbison
10-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Kolpack article - she has done enough

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/shes-done-enough/

roadwarrior
10-22-2017, 11:03 PM
USD takes the match today at the BBF in 3 sets. All 3 sets were 2 point margins. The Bison definitely didn't look as sharp today as they have played lately. Have to give credit to USD, they earned the win.

BisonNation11
10-23-2017, 12:56 AM
USD takes the match today at the BBF in 3 sets. All 3 sets were 2 point margins. The Bison definitely didn't look as sharp today as they have played lately. Have to give credit to USD, they earned the win.
They didn't look sharp in warm ups and it carried to the game. Was entertaining to watch though. Service errors really hurt today. Quite a few mental mistakes when play broke down as well.

Question for anyone who has gone to a game recently. Is seating considered all general admission or do you sit where your seats are assigned?

roadwarrior
10-23-2017, 01:47 AM
Question for anyone who has gone to a game recently. Is seating considered all general admission or do you sit where your seats are assigned?

Sections I and J are reserved. It gets to be a problem of people not knowing when the BBF fills up like it did today.

BisonNation11
10-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Sections I and J are reserved. It gets to be a problem of people not knowing when the BBF fills up like it did today.
That's what I thought. Our seats we had today were from friends that have season tickets. Went to sit in them and there were people there. Explained those were our seats, young girl says, You just sit wherever but whatever, moves, and then goes on to snicker about us to everyone they knew. Wasn't happy and would have given her a piece of my mind if confronted but just wanted a clarification. Thanks. Sorry we didn't talk much. I get pretty focused at the matches. [emoji3]

80ALUM
10-23-2017, 04:02 AM
Same experience for us. We bought reserved (J) and people were in our seats. Seemed surprised they were reserved seats. People in front of us said it happens every game. We have the same experience in the SHAC. Have to chase people out of our seats every game.

IBleedYellow
10-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Interim tag being removed according to 1660 Twitter!

Congrats Coach Lopez!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
10-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Congrats Coach Lopez!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkGood for her. Really like her passion...

Mr Meaty
10-23-2017, 02:10 PM

Congrats Coach Lopez!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great News for Coach Lopez and the program. Go Bison.