PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Jay
10-13-2017, 03:36 AM
Big big get. OL from Elk River.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3771094/58a73e46bee0b637409150d7

Professor Chaos
10-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Impressive offer list: Navy, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, SDSU (poor Coach Eck), WIU, and UND.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ronnie-Audette-100905/RecruitInterests

tony
10-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Ron Audette, 6-3, 310, OL, Elk River, MN

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3771094/ronald-audette

Badgers were looking at him at NG.

El_Chapo
10-13-2017, 04:02 AM
#7 overall recruit in Minnesota.

If Ron is 6 5 or 6 6 he is at any Power 5 school

Mr Meaty
10-13-2017, 04:19 AM
Great get. Welcome Ron

Kujava23
10-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Looks impressive! I wonder what position NDSU wants him at----NG or OG

Jay
10-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Looks impressive! I wonder what position NDSU wants him at----NG or OG

OL -- interior offensive line.

THEsocalledfan
10-13-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't follow Goof recuiting, but these are the kind of guys I struggle understanding why they don't keep home even if not the "perfect" P5 player.

KNOW IT ALL
10-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Not enough drug convictions!!!!! Row the Boat:facepalm:

thebigund
10-14-2017, 12:31 AM
I don't follow Goof recuiting, but these are the kind of guys I struggle understanding why they don't keep home even if not the "perfect" P5 player.

Probably not tall enough for those dumbfucks.

bruinbison
10-14-2017, 02:36 AM

Knew that Coach Fleck was getting quite a few commits early on, Scout
has them at 22 verbals so far, 4 of which are O-Line.

OG - 6’ 5” 280 3 star
OT - 6’ 8” 255 3 star
OT - 6’ 5” 270 2 star
OC - 6’ 4” 250 2 star

https://scout.com/college/minnesota/Season/2018-Football/Commits

5 Minnesota High Schoolers committed so far. I always root for the Gophers to do well, both on the field and in recruiting, especially their out-of-state recruiting, as it leaves more talent for NDSU to recruit.

MAKBison
10-14-2017, 02:47 AM

I think you meant Dumb Fhawkers LOL

Looks like an awesome get!

KilldeerBison
10-14-2017, 03:20 AM
Welcome Ronald!

southcliffbison
10-14-2017, 04:14 AM

Just another Minny kid you'll play with a chip of his shoulder. Like Grant Olson said, " I thank God everyday I wasn't an inch taller."

Tony Almeida
10-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Wow, dude can move and push...great size already as well. How does he not have any P5 offers??

Christopher Moen
10-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Knew that Coach Fleck was getting quite a few commits early on, Scout
has them at 22 verbals so far, 4 of which are O-Line.

OG - 6’ 5” 280 3 star
OT - 6’ 8” 255 3 star
OT - 6’ 5” 270 2 star
OC - 6’ 4” 250 2 star

https://scout.com/college/minnesota/Season/2018-Football/Commits

5 Minnesota High Schoolers committed so far. I always root for the Gophers to do well, both on the field and in recruiting, especially their out-of-state recruiting, as it leaves more talent for NDSU to recruit.

Those recruits seem to be small compared to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
10-14-2017, 11:44 AM

They can really handle an oar well though...

HerdBot
10-14-2017, 02:13 PM
We now have 7 of the top 28 players (25%) in Minnesota as listed by 24-7

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighScho ol&State=MN

And

3 of the top 20 in Wisconsin
3 of the top 20 in Iowa
The top recruit in North Dakota
The 26th player in Missouri not included Jayden Price who is one of my favorite recruits

HerdBot
10-14-2017, 02:16 PM

The Gophers are putting together a really good recruiting class too. Top 40 nationally. A good Gophers team helps with our recruiting

reformedUNDfan
10-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Just another Minny kid you'll play with a chip of his shoulder. Like Grant Olson said, " I thank God everyday I wasn't an inch taller."

My biggest concern is that this trait of Minnesota is something that gets developed here. Would Grant Olson get recruited here today? I'm not sure anymore

Jim Puetz
10-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Who is the number one recruit in North Dakota?

tony
10-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Who is the number one recruit in North Dakota?

The consensus seems to be that it is Bartholomew Obgu from Bismarck.

Dylan Evans from Williston is probably the top uncommitted player - thought I read that he was going to make his decision on Dec 20th. Note: his full name is Joseph Dylan Evans, but he goes by Dylan, possibly for maximum Welsh-ocity.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2017, 01:22 PM
The consensus seems to be: Bartholomew Obgu from Bismarck.

Beat me to it since I posted in wrong thread:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...rtholomew-Ogbu

That is who I have heard. Is there any P5 kids this year? Sometimes, we don't hear about those as well as we should as casual followers.

KC Bison
11-01-2017, 10:38 PM
All I could say is wow when I was watching his junior highlights. He just doesn't tackle people, he destroys them. Have to feel sorry for some of those defensive backs that he ran over.

NoDak
11-03-2017, 01:57 AM
I like his ability to get to the 2nd level but at 6'3" and over 300# already I can imagine him being a guy who wreaks havoc in the backfield if put on the interior of the DL.

El_Chapo
11-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Elk River going to State and Ron was just highlighted on KARE11 sports extra

bruinbison
11-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Ron Audette one of 11 finalists for Mr Football award in Minnesota

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/johnsjournal.asp

RadioBison
11-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Ronnie is playing in the Prep Bowl now. He's getting lots of praise from Corbin Lacina.

bruinbison
11-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Ron Audette named to the Startribune All-Metro Team

School: Elk River | Grade: Senior | Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 310 | Position: Offensive lineman

Dominant blocking force for a rushing game that routinely puts up more than 300 yards. Very quick for his size. More than 90 pancake blocks. Committed to North Dakota State.

Alsen
11-28-2017, 04:11 AM
Do we have any top recruits for the interior defensive line?

Jay
11-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Do we have any top recruits for the interior defensive line?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38251-2018-Recruiting-Summary

HazenBizon
12-17-2017, 10:59 PM
Picked up an Oregon St. offer per 247.

tjbison
12-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Ndsu coaches were in his home yesterday, hopefully he sticks it out, i just have a feeling we will lose sonneone

HazenBizon
12-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Ndsu coaches were in his home yesterday, hopefully he sticks it out, i just have a feeling we will lose sonneone

Don't know what to think about this one. Oregon St. is a dumpster fire program, and if Gary Andersen (trigger warning for Vikings fans) couldn't turn that program around, I'm not sure it's possible.

tjbison
12-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Don't know what to think about this one. Oregon St. is a dumpster fire program, and if Gary Andersen (trigger warning for Vikings fans) couldn't turn that program around, I'm not sure it's possible.

I think he pulls a few more offers, and I see his Twitter profile no longer lists Ndsu commit '18

Might not mean much but might be other schools close also

Jay
12-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Per his 247 page, he has decommitted. Look for Wisconsin...

https://247sports.com/player/ronnie-audette-46037697

oldmantutters
12-18-2017, 04:04 AM
This is one guy I was excited about, hopefully we still have a chance at him. Hopefully he realizes he would have a chance to play for 4 championships and a legitimate shit at being drafted if he comes here. Time will tell!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
12-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Per his 247 page, he has decommitted. Look for Wisconsin...

https://247sports.com/player/ronnie-audette-46037697

This is why I like the early signing period. Gives us more time to find that next diamond I'm the rough

Honeybooboo
12-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Doubtful he signs he deleted all his commit tweets

HerdBot
12-18-2017, 03:44 PM
This is one guy I was excited about, hopefully we still have a chance at him. Hopefully he realizes he would have a chance to play for 4 championships and a legitimate shit at being drafted if he comes here. Time will tell!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am excited for 90% of the players in the recruiting class. Audette is very good but we develop good O-lineman like fat kids develop a taste for cake.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2017, 03:58 PM
I am not one to down play the loss of a significant recruit like this kid. A tremendous talent, a kid we have been on for years. A bigtime verbal. Tough loss. Nothing else we can do. He tweeted out Saturday night that all was great, cannot wait to sign. Then one phone call. Will be interesting to follow.

THe only positive for me, is this is a position of strength and depth at NDSU. We will be able to overcome. Hoping the others can stay strong and sign. The downside of having such a loaded class. They are wanted kids.

being this is the first year of this updated signing period, there will be some kids left out with some promises, that will be interesting. A lot of kids being told to wait right now.

Jay
12-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Official now... from Twitter.

Reopening my recruitment, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to make sure I take my time and explore all my options. And I also want to thank the staff at NDSU for the great opportunity.

10:58 AM - 18 Dec 2017

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 04:19 PM
I am not one to down play the loss of a significant recruit like this kid. A tremendous talent, a kid we have been on for years. A bigtime verbal. Tough loss. Nothing else we can do. He tweeted out Saturday night that all was great, cannot wait to sign. Then one phone call. Will be interesting to follow.

THe only positive for me, is this is a position of strength and depth at NDSU. We will be able to overcome. Hoping the others can stay strong and sign. The downside of having such a loaded class. They are wanted kids.

being this is the first year of this updated signing period, there will be some kids left out with some promises, that will be interesting. A lot of kids being told to wait right now.

Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by this?

17>1
12-18-2017, 04:24 PM

I'd guess he's referring to FBS schools not holding up their end of the bargain with some kids left in limbo. Would be a nice time to swoop in and snag a couple of them.

Jay
12-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Going to be a lot of FBS schools telling fringe FBS/FCS talent to not sign on the 20th, we might have a spot open for you in February. This will leave many kids out in the water, as the FCS schools will recruit new kids.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Several FBS schools are trying their best to tell our recruits, and I am sure other high end FCS recruits to not sign on Wednesday. The new rules state that you can only sign 25 kids in a class. So (school X has 25 kids currently verballed...but expects to lose a couple) they advise our guys (again..for example) to not sign on Wednesday. "You are next." They are creating a plan B option. This is one of the new items that is being created when this new signing cycle.

Again, it will be a very interesting day. I really hope our kids sign EARLY that day. But, I have seen online that some kids have presentations at schools in the evening..etc. A lot to think about. Our kids are watched closely. Losing Audette just flat stinks. The amount of work, visits, etc...I would die.

HerdBot
12-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Going to be a lot of FBS schools telling fringe FBS/FCS talent to not sign on the 20th, we might have a spot open for you in February. This will leave many kids out in the water, as the FCS schools will recruit new kids.

Bait and switch. Sometimes they kids get their dream opportunity, other times the giant list of schools who recruited them suddenly spent all of their scholarship money and no longer have one or find someone they like better, or come across a player they had higher on their board. That sometimes leaves the player going with "Plan G." It's a ruthless business out there.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Fascinating stuff. It will be interesting to see how many of these kids come back to the FCS school who offered asking to get offer back (if it is even possible at that point). For example, they get a few days before final signing day with still no FBS offer and start to panic a bit.

PattyBison
12-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Fascinating stuff. It will be interesting to see how many of these kids come back to the FCS school who offered asking to get offer back (if it is even possible at that point). For example, they get a few days before final signing day with still no FBS offer and start to panic a bit.

You are assuming the FCS school still has spots and hasn't filled that position group.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 04:52 PM
You are assuming the FCS school still has spots and hasn't filled that position group.

Why I said "if it is even possible at that point."

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Was it Becky specifically? Looks like it from 247. Hope he doesn't come to regret it. Best of luck to him.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Looks like Ronald is going to Wisconsin. Unreal opportunity! Congrats to the kid. Hard to beat that school, league, atmosphere. Tough loss.

OatmealWicket92
12-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Looks like Ronald is going to Wisconsin. Unreal opportunity! Congrats to the kid. Hard to beat that school, league, atmosphere. Tough loss.

As a fan I would rather lose him to Wisconsin than Oregon St.

OreSt. is in the dumper and you might not witness a winning season.

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2017, 05:10 PM

Scholie or PWO?

Gully
12-18-2017, 05:15 PM

Can't really blame the young man for that. Great opportunity for him. Best of luck to him.

southcliffbison
12-18-2017, 06:34 PM
As a fan I would rather lose him to Wisconsin than Oregon St.

OreSt. is in the dumper and you might not witness a winning season.

Why must posters always bring up the goofhers ...oh, wait....Oregon St.

El_Chapo
12-18-2017, 07:23 PM
the longer NDSU stays in FCS, the more recruits like this we will miss out on.

if NDSU is Mountain West, we keep most of these decommits!

Rixen
12-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Hate to lose him but I have to echo everyone else. You can't blame the kid one bit for going to a title contender in the FBS. Oregon St. would have irked me a bit though. Stressful decision for these young guys.

Best of luck, Ronald.

Bison20
12-18-2017, 08:06 PM

I'm assuming that if some kids don't sign Wednesday that the coaches may look elsewhere for that position so they don't get stuck if a kid goes somewhere else? Am I wrong in that thinking? How long do you wait for a kid to sign, if you wait and he decides to lose it might be harder to find someone else closer to feb signing date

bri-dog
12-18-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm assuming that if some kids don't sign Wednesday that the coaches may look elsewhere for that position so they don't get stuck if a kid goes somewhere else? Am I wrong in that thinking? How long do you wait for a kid to sign, if you wait and he decides to lose it might be harder to find someone else closer to feb signing date

I think recruiting is always a gamble. Just another reason it's tough to be a recruiter..

HerdBot
12-18-2017, 09:31 PM
I think recruiting is always a gamble. Just another reason it's tough to be a recruiter..

You stack rank your players
Cross him off the list and offer the next guy.
If he's already committed, offer the next guy. If you don't like the next guy, we have 50 states we can recruit. Plenty of players out there who are uber talented yet looked over.

NDSU1980
12-18-2017, 10:32 PM
I know, it's been said before, but you know we are recruiting the right type of players when you lose one occasionally to a big name school.

PattyBison
12-18-2017, 10:34 PM

Yeah. Exactly what I am saying.

IzzyFlexion
12-19-2017, 12:30 AM
I know, it's been said before, but you know we are recruiting the right type of players when you lose one occasionally to a big name school.

This is a great example of how the NDSU brand has grown.

The big schools clearly scan our recruits and I imagine they that they examine or re-examine them more closely because of the talent that our coaches have been bringing into the program.

EndZoneQB
12-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Great job by Minnesota to close those borders!

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Great job by Minnesota to close those borders!

absolutely unacceptable.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2017, 01:43 AM
absolutely unacceptable.What ever. MN football is low tier bIg10. They wont even consider scheduling the Bison. They suck and probably always will minus a fluke season ever dozen years. They have no fan base, no tradition and and are the Gophers. Who the hell picked that knickname/mascot? They can't even put together a decent ice hockey team and they are The State Of Hockey. Lmao

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Alsen
12-19-2017, 01:51 AM
There is no guarantee this is a better opportunity for him. Bison are graduating two starting guards and Audette already had the body to start playing immediately. He might have had two AllAmerican designations by his junior year and been able to declare for the draft if he was really that great.

At Wisconsin, he may not have a real opportunity to start for another four years. Body of work and time on film is huge for scouts.

EndZoneQB
12-19-2017, 02:08 AM
There is no guarantee this is a better opportunity for him. Bison are graduating two starting guards and Audette already had the body to start playing immediately. He might have had two AllAmerican designations by his junior year and been able to declare for the draft if he was really that great.

At Wisconsin, he may not have a real opportunity to start for another four years. Body of work and time on film is huge for scouts.

Don't be ridiculous. He isn't going to Northern Illinois, he's going to freakin' Wisconsin. He has a shot to play for a CFP title and all the opportunity in the world for a chance to play on Sundays.

I definitely wanted him in Fargo, but c'mon man. What an opportunity for this young man.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2017, 02:10 AM
Don't be ridiculous. He isn't going to Northern Illinois, he's going to freakin' Wisconsin. He has a shot to play for a CFP title and all the opportunity in the world for a chance to play on Sundays.

I definitely wanted him in Fargo, but c'mon man. What an opportunity for this young man.If he plays.

17>1
12-19-2017, 02:17 AM
Or maybe some guys choose to go to a school to be in the program, for the team name on the front of the jersey, to be a part of the university. And they’ll contribute however they can to make the team better. It’s not always about starting, it can be more than that for some young men. Good for Ronald and this opportunity. Practice hard and prepare every day like you’re one play from starting...I feel like I’ve seen a similar thing happen before somewhere else.

Grizzled
12-19-2017, 02:42 AM
If he plays.

And if he doesn't play he will still have the opportunity to transfer to every FCS school that already offered him and than some, including NDSU. His scholarship will still be there and he will get the playing time. The opportunity to compete against FBS competition is huge. Even Oregon St. would have given him more exposure to NFL scouts weekly than being at NDSU.

Christopher Moen
12-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Losing an OL commit to OL University is a good thing because that means NDSU is recruiting the right type of player. Don't believe me about Wisconsin being OL University, then check out how many stud RBs they consistently have that don't go far in the NFL.

56BISON73
12-19-2017, 03:02 AM
Or maybe some guys choose to go to a school to be in the program, for the team name on the front of the jersey, to be a part of the university. And they’ll contribute however they can to make the team better. It’s not always about starting, it can be more than that for some young men. Good for Ronald and this opportunity. Practice hard and prepare every day like you’re one play from starting...I feel like I’ve seen a similar thing happen before somewhere else.

Very few recruited players will have that mind set. It you are going off to school to play football you want to start. You expect to start. Thats all the majority of players know.
If you are in love with the thought of being on the team and just love the game of football or are in love with the thought of going to a certain school then that mind set would come in to play.

That mind set will also come in to play when a player realizes hes not going to start as the players in front of him are better. When that reality settles in then they assume a different roll.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2017, 03:05 AM
What ever. MN football is low tier bIg10. They wont even consider scheduling the Bison. They suck and probably always will minus a fluke season ever dozen years. They have no fan base, no tradition and and are the Gophers. Who the hell picked that knickname/mascot? They can't even put together a decent ice hockey team and they are The State Of Hockey. Lmao

so...how about their womens sports?

EndZoneQB
12-19-2017, 03:46 AM
If he plays.

He isn't going there to ride the bench. Players like him expect to start, that's part of their mindset. If you want to play that game, there is no guarantee he starts at NDSU either.

17>1
12-19-2017, 03:48 AM
Very few recruited players will have that mind set. It you are going off to school to play football you want to start. You expect to start. Thats all the majority of players know.
If you are in love with the thought of being on the team and just love the game of football or are in love with the thought of going to a certain school then that mind set would come in to play.

That mind set will also come in to play when a player realizes hes not going to start as the players in front of him are better. When that reality settles in then they assume a different roll.

Two posters say he may not play or won't play for almost 4 years and I defend the young man for making the decision about his future based upon maybe a bigger picture perspective about it being more than just that, and you correct me about a players mind set in regards to starting?? If I respond to those posters "Oh yeah, well I think he'll work his tail off and be starting by such and such a year!!", then we get no where because no one can say for sure how this story will unfold. So go ahead and let them speculate about him not seeing the field and making an awful decision in choosing the Badgers over the Bison. I'll just wish him good luck, move on, and look forward to the guy that will be stepping in to his place in our recruiting class.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2017, 05:17 AM
so...how about their womens sports?They are great!

HerdBot
12-19-2017, 06:25 AM
And if he doesn't play he will still have the opportunity to transfer to every FCS school that already offered him and than some, including NDSU. His scholarship will still be there and he will get the playing time. The opportunity to compete against FBS competition is huge. Even Oregon St. would have given him more exposure to NFL scouts weekly than being at NDSU.

Not true at all. Ask James Johanneson how that worked out. He wanted to come back but we were out of scholarships and now he's playing in Sioux hell.
Ask Ramone Winters who decommitted. I can think of plenty examples.

HerdBot
12-19-2017, 06:34 AM
He isn't going there to ride the bench. Players like him expect to start, that's part of their mindset. If you want to play that game, there is no guarantee he starts at NDSU either.

Most high school players think they will start right away until then realize the 4th string punter is as good of an athlete as they are. College game and high school game is like pop Warner vs High school football. Your talking 22 year old men vs high school teams that play 16 year olds.

Bison20
12-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Not true at all. Ask James Johanneson how that worked out. He wanted to come back but we were out of scholarships and now he's playing in Sioux hell.

Those are two great examples. I would say it would be pretty tough to come back to ndsu a few years later and get a scholarship. Y not get another guy who has more elegibility and can develop. That's y we don't take many transfers

wagsabison
12-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Those are two great examples. I would say it would be pretty tough to come back to ndsu a few years later and get a scholarship. Y not get another guy who has more elegibility and can develop. That's y we don't take many transfers

Depends on the situation and the need at a position. King Frazier came and he was being recruited by us before he went to Nebraska. I think that benefitted both sides. We don't take transfers because we don't need to. And obviously in the long run it's better to have guys with 4 years of eligibility.

HerdBot
12-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Depends on the situation and the need at a position. King Frazier came and he was being recruited by us before he went to Nebraska. I think that benefitted both sides. We don't take transfers because we don't need to. And obviously in the long run it's better to have guys with 4 years of eligibility.

King Frazier had 3 years of Eligibility, we had a need, and we had plenty of scholarships at the time

Grizzled
12-19-2017, 01:48 PM

You named two.

And if he goes there and succeeds?

westnodak93bison
12-19-2017, 01:52 PM
You named two.

And if he goes there and succeeds?Good for him.

KNOW IT ALL
12-19-2017, 02:09 PM
NDSU doesn't play the old "Go try it somewhere else, our door is always open to you later" Crap. If Oregon St. is a better fit than best of luck to him moving forward. The Bison take a back seat to nobody in regard to O-line play because the program takes 18 years old boys and turns them into 22 year old Men. When your o-line can push Iowa all over the field the last 15 minutes of a football game, in their house, it's about more than one or two big recruits that back out.

HerdBot
12-19-2017, 02:15 PM
You named two.

And if he goes there and succeeds?

I think he will succeed. The kid can play. I was responding to someone who said we would take a transfer back in a heartbeat.

Fact. We don't take many transfers unless they are 3 year players or are moving to a spot that is easier to learn. And that's assuming we have scholarships available. Probably 1 a year max . We just don't because there isn't typically enough time to learn the system. We got John Pike and Chad Wilson in 2010 coming off a bad season and Wilson ran a very similar defense. We did a grad transfer in CB Andre Martin. Jeremy Gordon At DE. Jeremy Kelly was a D2 transfer but had 3 years. Shepherd had 3 years After Omaha dropped football. King Frazier had 3 years. Darren Kelly was a juco and rarely played and got kicked off the team. We won't See Cain play a significant role until next year since WR is really hard to learn. It's the same reason we don't play many freshman.

Christopher Moen
12-19-2017, 02:40 PM
NDSU doesn't play the old "Go try it somewhere else, our door is always open to you later" Crap. If Oregon St. is a better fit than best of luck to him moving forward. The Bison take a back seat to nobody in regard to O-line play because the program takes 18 years old boys and turns them into 22 year old Men. When your o-line can push Iowa all over the field the last 15 minutes of a football game, in their house, it's about more than one or two big recruits that back out.

I believe it was Wisconsin, not Oregon State, that convinced him to rescind his verbal to NDSU. Wisconsin, as I previously mentioned, is the go to place for O-Lineman.

Mr. Burgundy
12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Sounds like his situation is unique. He actually decommitted without an exact school in mind, but clearly when you decommit, you have/will get more options. Oregon State is clearly and option. Minnesota and Wisconsin would be his preference, but not an option yet. I honestly think the kid ends up in the MAC. Which seems bizarre, but honestly if the fit isn't great from his perspective, it is much better for us to know now and not down the road. Like I have said, it stinks to lose a kid like this, but we are loaded at the OG spot for a while, and it is probably the easiest position for us to recruit to. Based on our location.

oldmantutters
12-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Sounds like his situation is unique. He actually decommitted without an exact school in mind, but clearly when you decommit, you have/will get more options. Oregon State is clearly and option. Minnesota and Wisconsin would be his preference, but not an option yet. I honestly think the kid ends up in the MAC. Which seems bizarre, but honestly if the fit isn't great from his perspective, it is much better for us to know now and not down the road. Like I have said, it stinks to lose a kid like this, but we are loaded at the OG spot for a while, and it is probably the easiest position for us to recruit to. Based on our location.

A MAC school? Yuck! hopefully everything works out for him, but I think it's fair to say NDSU 3 hrs from home would be a better situation than any MAC school. Again, good luck to him.

Bison20
12-19-2017, 04:34 PM

I thought someone mentioned earlier that he had verballed to Wisconsin? Is that just a rumored destination and they have just had contact and no offer?

wagsabison
12-19-2017, 04:37 PM
FWIW

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ronnie-Audette-100905/RecruitInterests

oldmantutters
12-19-2017, 04:39 PM
I thought someone mentioned earlier that he had verballed to Wisconsin? Is that just a rumored destination and they have just had contact and no offer?

247 shows no offer from Wis. Navy, NIU, New Mexico and Oregon St. are his FBS offers according to them.

*wagsabison beat me to it.

Mr. Burgundy
12-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Their crystal ball is estimating he ends up there. He may very well end up there. If a Big Ten team loses out on a guy, I am sure he is next up. Kid is so good and can play multiple positions. Just saying that he didn't feel this was best for him. Best of luck.

Bison20
12-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Their crystal ball is estimating he ends up there. He may very well end up there. If a Big Ten team loses out on a guy, I am sure he is next up. Kid is so good and can play multiple positions. Just saying that he didn't feel this was best for him. Best of luck.

If he doesn't get that offer are we still in the running or did that ship sail 100% when he reopened his recruitment?

BattleBorn
12-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know how it works with these kids who have a shot at FBS when they verbal to an FCS school? Do they typically tell the coaches something along the lines of "I commit unless P5 school X offers?"

southcliffbison
12-19-2017, 05:57 PM

You're not referring to Brent Quale ???

56BISON73
12-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know how it works with these kids who have a shot at FBS when they verbal to an FCS school? Do they typically tell the coaches something along the lines of "I commit unless P5 school X offers?"

Sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. But the coaches usually know if a kid is on a FBS radar. Plus that door swings both ways. Schools have kids waiting on an offer if a kid higher up declines or decommits.

Professor Chaos
12-20-2017, 10:04 AM
If he doesn't get that offer are we still in the running or did that ship sail 100% when he reopened his recruitment?
At the risk of sounding arrogant I hope not. The coaches stuck their neck out for the kid and gave him their word and I'm sure they turned away other guys (by not offering them I mean) because Ron verballed. Now he walks back on that which is his right to do until he signs his NLI but I'd rather have them give that scholly to a guy who is marginally less talented but all in on being a Bison (and there are plenty of those guys out there). Good luck to Ron... like Burgundy said better to find out now than after a redshirt year that this really isn't where he wanted to be.

BattleBorn
12-20-2017, 12:53 PM
At the risk of sounding arrogant I hope not. The coaches stuck their neck out for the kid and gave him their word and I'm sure they turned away other guys (by not offering them I mean) because Ron verballed. Now he walks back on that which is his right to do until he signs his NLI but I'd rather have them give that scholly to a guy who is marginally less talented but all in on being a Bison (and there are plenty of those guys out there). Good luck to Ron... like Burgundy said better to find out now than after a redshirt year that this really isn't where he wanted to be.

Dilly dilly!

HerdistheWord
12-20-2017, 01:05 PM

^This...You win championships by having guys buy into the system and execute game plans for the team. You don't win championships by having the best athletes at every position, at least not consistently. My in-laws are big Michigan State fans and MSU was bragging about their great recruiting classes after they started competitng for the big bowls. They ended up with physically gifted athletes like Malik McDowell who bought into themselves more than they bought into the team. As a result MSU put up a total clunker last year. Not saying this kid is like McDowell, just saying that team dynamic is important. Get the best guys for the team, not the best guys overall.

KNOW IT ALL
12-20-2017, 04:33 PM
You will never miss something you never have!

Jay
12-21-2017, 01:01 AM
http://www.startribune.com/late-surge-of-interest-causes-elk-river-lineman-to-rethink-commitment/465501253/

23Bison
12-21-2017, 01:05 AM
http://www.startribune.com/late-surge-of-interest-causes-elk-river-lineman-to-rethink-commitment/465501253/

Oh well I guess.

KTF
12-21-2017, 01:09 AM
We want the guys that are committed to the program not the guys that feel like they are settling... Might be better to use the scholarship elsewhere

23Bison
12-21-2017, 01:18 AM
I’m not worried about nor do I care to see any more about Ronald.

NDSUSR
12-21-2017, 01:30 AM
Has NDSU pulled his offer? If not, they should.

Hail bison
12-21-2017, 01:36 AM
He’s a kid. Who knows who’s pissing in his ear.

56BISON73
12-21-2017, 02:08 AM
He’s a kid. Who knows who’s pissing in his ear.

Hes got some heavy hitters knocking on his door. Youve gotta give them a listen.

Hail bison
12-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Hes got some heavy hitters knocking on his door. Youve gotta give them a listen.

Agree. That’s what I was getting at.

El_Chapo
12-21-2017, 02:19 AM
So und alum Tim tibesar screwed over NDSU huh. A legit journalist would say this, What a loser tibesar

NDSUSR
12-21-2017, 03:02 AM
Meh you either want to be here or not. In my world, once I make a commitment I keep it whether its verbal or written. Its his life, but I hate to see NDSU have to take a back seat while junior figures out what he wants.

56BISON73
12-21-2017, 03:13 AM
Meh you either want to be here or not. In my world, once I make a commitment I keep it whether its verbal or written. Its his life, but I hate to see NDSU have to take a back seat while junior figures out what he wants.

You decision making process is different than an 18 year old kid with Michigan knocking on the door. Huge decision. It looks like Meatchicken and the other schools are waiting also.

Hail bison
12-21-2017, 03:29 AM
I hope Ronald isn’t reading Bisonville.

NDSUSR
12-21-2017, 03:35 AM
I hope Ronald isn’t reading Bisonville.

If anything posted here influences his decision, he is not a good fit for NDSU.

Hail bison
12-21-2017, 03:49 AM
If anything posted here influences his decision, he is not a good fit for NDSU.

Were you a good fit for NDSU?

ndsubison1
12-21-2017, 04:05 AM

I would say unlikely we get him

tjbison
12-21-2017, 04:14 AM
I would say unlikely we get him

yep, he gone

didn't want to really be here and we don't need a "settle" kid

MNLonghorn10
12-21-2017, 04:16 AM
You decision making process is different than an 18 year old kid with Michigan knocking on the door. Huge decision. It looks like Meatchicken and the other schools are waiting also.

yep...no brainer. saying stuff like "i dont want him if he doesnt want to be here" is stupid and passive aggressive. we all know we'd be high fiving one another if in February it doesnt work out with other schools and he signs with NDSU.

Its not like hes going to Wyoming, UNI, or SDSU...playing at a P5 football school thats actually good and competitive is something you don't pass up.

NDSUSR
12-21-2017, 05:26 AM
yep...no brainer. saying stuff like "i dont want him if he doesnt want to be here" is stupid and passive aggressive. we all know we'd be high fiving one another if in February it doesnt work out with other schools and he signs with NDSU.

Its not like hes going to Wyoming, UNI, or SDSU...playing at a P5 football school thats actually good and competitive is something you don't pass up.

When we disagree it confirms that my assessment is correct.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Bury the thread. He's history. Give the scholly to someone else.

Nothing against Ronald. Wishing him the best.

Christopher Moen
12-21-2017, 06:02 AM

Definitely nothing wrong for a kid that is a OL to decommit after getting interest from big-time B10 schools, especially ones like Wisconsin and Michigan. If it was the Goofers....maybe a little reason to be upset.

Again, this proves that the Bison are recruiting the right type of kids.

Best of luck to Ronald, but he's not going to be a Bison. Time for us fans to move on.

MNLonghorn10
12-21-2017, 11:25 AM
When we disagree it confirms that my assessment is correct.Well there's a first for everything...maybe for you this is it

scottietohottie
12-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Now this is the guy lakes should be tweeting at.:hide:

Mr Meaty
12-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Now this is the guy lakes should be tweeting at.:hide:

Don't encourage him. Lol

OatmealWicket92
01-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Sooo are the new transfer rules taking effect anytime soon? Kid just committed to Oregon State. Not sure how he’s gonna feel trying to be on a team where he can maybe win 15 games in his 4 years playing.

gizmo
01-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Commitment : a promise to do or give something. : a promise to be loyal to someone or something. : the attitude of someone who works very hard to do or support something.

dewey
01-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Good luck to Ronald in furthering his education and in football at Oregon State.

It is pretty easy to rag on a kid for changing his mind when he is 18 years old.

Dewey

Bisonator98
01-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Good luck to Ronald in furthering his education and in football at Oregon State.

It is pretty easy to rag on a kid for changing his mind when he is 18 years old.

Dewey

This. Good luck to him.

Bison 4 Life
01-30-2018, 08:54 PM
This. Good luck to him.

TBH I forgot he existed until this got bumped again.

I will again soon.

aces1180
01-30-2018, 09:03 PM
People are missing the biggest issue here! His recruiter (Tim Tibesar) at OSU is a former UND player! :)

Son of a Bison
01-30-2018, 09:11 PM
Better that he decommitted earlier than later. Some other Bison football player got a scholarship. Pretty excited for some of our recent signees. They could have a bigger impact than we now know. Burg probably knows morr examples than this but D Shepherd comes to mind. He had a big catch this year.

southcliffbison
01-30-2018, 09:17 PM
Better that he decommitted earlier than later. Some other Bison football player got a scholarship. Pretty excited for some of our recent signees. They could have a bigger impact than we now know. Burg probably knows morr examples than this but D Shepherd comes to mind. He had a big catch this year.

One comes to mind immediately: I believe Bruce Anderson got the scholly that was intended for James Johannesson.

THEsocalledfan
01-30-2018, 09:23 PM
One comes to mind immediately: I believe Bruce Anderson got the scholly that was intended for James Johannesson.

Bruce has done well. Always wonder if JJ was in the Bison program the entire time, I wonder if he would have developed further at this point. (And I'm not writing him off, yet; he still has a chance to be great for the F'ing hawks, despite the Bubba.)

unbison
01-30-2018, 10:31 PM
Bruce has done well. Always wonder if JJ was in the Bison program the entire time, I wonder if he would have developed further at this point. (And I'm not writing him off, yet; he still has a chance to be great for the F'ing hawks, despite the Bubba.)

He has proved when going gets tough he leaves

westnodak93bison
01-31-2018, 01:45 AM
He has proved when going gets tough he leavesOr he chose another school over NDSU.

HerdBot
01-31-2018, 01:47 AM

I don't want a player who doesn't want to be here. Plenty of great Lineman on this roster who are as good or better and they want to be here. Our track record on O lineman speaks for itself

MAKBison
01-31-2018, 01:49 AM
Or he chose another school over NDSU.

it's pretty well known that he felt he was FBS material and he was settling for an FCS program. The NDSU verbal never sat right with him. Now he is at the FBS level where he wanted to be. OK great, I hope it turns out for him.

Bison20
01-31-2018, 01:50 AM
He has proved when going gets tough he leaves

It's ok to lose these types of kids to p5 schools. I don't blame the kid at all if he wants to go. It opens up another spot for other kids. Bruce and shep would not be here if the first guy had said yes.

KINGRANCH
01-31-2018, 02:58 AM
It's ok to lose these types of kids to p5 schools. I don't blame the kid at all if he wants to go. It opens up another spot for other kids. Bruce and shep would not be here if the first guy had said yes.
He was talking about Johansson you dolts!

MAKBison
01-31-2018, 04:25 AM
so your saying, one has to read 2 pages of thread to ensure the player being discussed in RA thread is actually about RA. Hmmm,
ok... well excuse the fyck out of me

ByeSonBusiness
01-31-2018, 04:30 AM
Tough to rag on a kid for choosing a P5 school. Oregon State, while not a big time school, plays Oregon, Washington, and Stanford every freakin year, and often plays USC, UCLA, among others. Great opportunity to prove himself.

bruinbison
01-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Tough to rag on a kid for choosing a P5 school. Oregon State, while not a big time school, plays Oregon, Washington, and Stanford every freakin year, and often plays USC, UCLA, among others. Great opportunity to prove himself.

Audette did get himself a Missouri offer also, so could have gone SEC.
I’ll guess he did not get that desired Wisconsin offer.
Good luck to him!

2011BisonAlumni
01-31-2018, 02:53 PM
Sooo are the new transfer rules taking effect anytime soon? Kid just committed to Oregon State. Not sure how he’s gonna feel trying to be on a team where he can maybe win 15 games in his 4 years playing.

When it is 5 degrees and 40 mph winds in Fargo, I’m sure he will feel just fine.

Corvallis is an awesome college town. He will love it.

Alsen
02-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Have any of you guys actually been to Corvallis??

He may have a great football career there, but Fargo is vastly superior to Corvallis in every way, even their weather isn't much better. Cloudy and rainy most of the year.

Other than being an hour from the coast, Corvallis has nothing.

Corvallis is a dump!

I thought he was going to Wisconsin? Wouldn't be surprised if he transferred later on.

tjbison
02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Have any of you guys actually been to Corvallis??

He may have a great football career there, but Fargo is vastly superior to Corvallis in every way, even their weather isn't much better. Cloudy and rainy most of the year.

Other than being an hour from the coast, Corvallis has nothing.

Corvallis is a dump!

I thought he was going to Wisconsin? Wouldn't be surprised if he transferred later on.

AND WE CAN PUMP OUR OWN GAS DAMN IT!!!!!

Who cares what this kid does, he picked whats best for him NDSU moved on, think the "fans" better also, good luck to him great player

phxbison
02-03-2018, 03:15 PM
I really don't understand why we are still talking about Audette. Yes, he would have been a great kid to get, but he's gone, let's move on.

EndZoneQB
02-03-2018, 03:29 PM
I really don't understand why we are still talking about Audette. Yes, he would have been a great kid to get, but he's gone, let's move on.

Says the guy that bumped a 2 day old post.