PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown game: No KVLY, ESPN3 only

HerdBot
10-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Thought I would post this so nobody is caught off guard at the last minute. The MVFC owns the rights to the game so KVLY / NBC cannot broadcast it. You will need to watch it on ESPN3, listen on the radio, or on the Bison 1660 Mobile App for audio

Bars should be packed

Download the watch ESPN app if your cable company provides access to it. DirecTV, Dish, Midco, and Cable One offer it.

WATCH ESPN / ESPN3
http://www.espn.com/watch/roadblock?id=3175601&_slug_=north-dakota-state-vs-youngstown-state-football

BISON 1660 MOBILE APPS
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bison-1660/id1139212359?ls=1&mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kqwbam.player

wagsabison
10-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Thought I would post this so nobody is caught off guard at the last minute. The MVFC owns the rights to the game so KVLY / NBC cannot broadcast it. You will need to watch it on ESPN3, listen on the radio, or on the Bison 1660 Mobile App for audio

Bars should be packed

Download the watch ESPN app if your cable company provides access to it. I think Cable One, Dish, and DirecTV provide it. Not sure on Midco

WATCH ESPN / ESPN3
http://www.espn.com/watch/roadblock?id=3175601&_slug_=north-dakota-state-vs-youngstown-state-football

BISON 1660 MOBILE APPS

Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bison-1660/id1139212359?ls=1&mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kqwbam.player

Midco provides it.

gumby013
10-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Midco provides it. Also if you have Sling Orange, or Playstation Vue you can get ESPN3.

HerdBot
10-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Midco provides it. Also if you have Sling Orange, or Playstation Vue you can get ESPN3.

Anyone know if DirectvNOW provides it? That's their streaming service for those who are unfamiliar

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Anyone know if DirectvNOW provides it? That's their streaming service for those who are unfamiliar

It does. That's what I have.

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 01:27 PM
For those of you that have these services, you'll want to use the WatchESPN app on your streaming device. You can authenticate through your provider but it works just fine.

HerdBot
10-09-2017, 01:30 PM
So it looks like DirecTV, Dish, Midco, Cable One, DirecTV Now, Sling Orange, and PlayStation Vue has it.

Jeremy Jorgenson said on TV they are trying to get it on ESPN College extra too.

Anyone know if it will be on NDSU All Access?

scbison91
10-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Anyone know if DirectvNOW provides it? That's their streaming service for those who are unfamiliar No, but if you have a firestick (what I use to watch directvnow) it will watch espnapp which will have the game

totoinfl
10-09-2017, 03:04 PM
A Roku stick or Apple TV will have it as well...as long as you have a cable provider to log in with....

aces1180
10-09-2017, 03:21 PM
No LT this week!

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
So it looks like DirecTV, Dish, Midco, Cable One, DirecTV Now, Sling Orange, and PlayStation Vue has it.

Jeremy Jorgenson said on TV they are trying to get it on ESPN College extra too.

Anyone know if it will be on NDSU All Access?

NDSU All Access usually only provides audio for away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonfanette
10-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Just FLY to the game :) Fargo - Chicago - Pittsburgh on AA! Or Fargo - Mpls - Pittsburgh on Delta! Go Bison!

MrSnuffleupagus
10-09-2017, 05:25 PM
No LT this week!

This is the real story of the week.

Professor Chaos
10-09-2017, 05:48 PM
No LT this week!

This is the real story of the week.
Just wait until you get to listen to the chumbalone that does color commentary for the MVFC game of the week. He makes Lee Timmerman look like Howard Cosell.

aces1180
10-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Just wait until you get to listen to the chumbalone that does color commentary for the MVFC game of the week. He makes Lee Timmerman look like Howard Cosell.

Oh, I've heard him...Still better than LT. LOL

gumby013
10-09-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm just hoping we don't have the ISUb camera crew again. Only time I've ever seen a camera ball faked by a 40yard pass.

CaBisonFan
10-09-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm just hoping we don't have the ISUb camera crew again. Only time I've ever seen a camera ball faked by a 40yard pass.Yeah...that was strange. There were a couple of other ones too.

oldmantutters
10-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Yeah...that was strange. There were a couple of other ones too.Did you watch on Saturday? There was a play where I think the main camera operator must have went to take a piss or something because the camera didn't move during the play.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MrSnuffleupagus
10-09-2017, 07:15 PM

I would rather listen to Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried get into a screaming match about which Kardashian has more talent than listen to Lee Timmerman any longer.

bri-dog
10-09-2017, 07:28 PM
ESPN has the Bison game on the College Extra schedule...

http://www.espn.com/espncollegeextra/#schedule

Hoofbeats
10-09-2017, 07:55 PM
If Midco is producing/broadcasting this game, might we have Carla Metts or Kelly Stewart doing sideline reports?

We could only hope so.

Mr Meaty
10-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Did you watch on Saturday? There was a play where I think the main camera operator must have went to take a piss or something because the camera didn't move during the play.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

He was getting a handful of popcorn to eat. Priorities.

CaBisonFan
10-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Did you watch on Saturday? There was a play where I think the main camera operator must have went to take a piss or something because the camera didn't move during the play.

Sent from my VS995 using TapatalkYup...saw that one too. Incredulous.

BisonTeacher
10-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Midco provides it.

Comcast too in the cities.

THEsocalledfan
10-09-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm just hoping we don't have the ISUb camera crew again. Only time I've ever seen a camera ball faked by a 40yard pass.

I'm sure you'll be shocked to know KVLY produced the entire broadcast.

KNOW IT ALL
10-10-2017, 04:38 PM
"its hard to get around minimum wage MORTIMER"!

KNOW IT ALL
10-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Serious note: Hats off to KVLY for providing us the coverage that they do. They have brought a huge amount of attention to that program. I travel the ND and western MN area a lot during the winter months attending large trade venues. The number of people over age 65 wearing Bison green is amazing. To be able to view most every single game they played the past few years has been awesome and I thank KVLY for that, as we all should. Even though we occasionally watch a guy eating a hotdog in the stands while our running back is tromping down the sidelines for a TD!!!!:facepalm2:

Bison bison
10-12-2017, 03:45 PM
As long as it's a cloverdale hotdog, i'm okay with it.

perthbison
10-12-2017, 04:12 PM
What's the direct tv channel. I just switched from dish and don't know where anything is

bri-dog
10-12-2017, 04:16 PM
What's the direct tv channel. I just switched from dish and don't know where anything is

788-793. If it still says "To Be Announced", they don't usually assign the channel until sometime on Thursdays.

Unless you're just messing with us...:)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-12-2017, 04:18 PM
As long as it's a cloverdale hotdog, i'm okay with it.

LOL Reps to you.

DIBISON
10-12-2017, 07:03 PM

The Bison game is live on DIRECTV channel 790. It is one of the ESPN College Extra games on Saturday. Other games televised are UNI @ SDSU on channel 793 and IS Blue @ USD on channel 794.

MAKBison
10-12-2017, 08:53 PM
No LT this week!
sucks love his insight

perthbison
10-13-2017, 03:09 AM
The Bison game is live on DIRECTV channel 790. It is one of the ESPN College Extra games on Saturday. Other games televised are UNI @ SDSU on channel 793 and IS Blue @ USD on channel 794.Thanks, you made my saturday

PlainsBison
10-13-2017, 05:23 AM
Can you just buy the one game on 790 or do you have to purchase a season?

56BISON73
10-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Can you just buy the one game on 790 or do you have to purchase a season?

The sports package is cheap per month. Then cancel after the season.

DBRJake
10-14-2017, 07:26 PM
You can also access the WatchESPN app if you subscribe to Hulu's live TV package

Prime Power
10-14-2017, 10:51 PM
I don't know which will be worse, KVLY or ESPN3. Watching the Missouri State and Western Illinois game right now. Their camera work and announcers make KVLY, Brian, and Lee look like Al Michaels and Frank Gifford on MNF.

89MTBISON
10-15-2017, 02:49 AM
KVLY does a fine job, this broadcast left a lot to be desired.

MAKBison
10-15-2017, 03:05 AM

They called YSU WIU once. That was mildly amusing.

Can anyone tell me what was going on in the back end of the D. The camera work never got past the O line?

HerdBot
10-15-2017, 03:16 AM

Took them half the game to figure out they didn't have the down and distance

89MTBISON
10-15-2017, 03:17 AM
They called YSU WIU once. That was mildly amusing.

Can anyone tell me what was going on in the back end of the D. The camera work never got past the O line?

Robbie Grimsley was playing bass, Tre on drums, Wimbush had the flute and Hendricks was on cowbell.

DakotaOkie
10-15-2017, 03:18 AM

That is an understatement! The commentator so overused "imposing their will", "blue collar", and 'guins that I nearly turned the sound off. My favorite oops was the first YSU field goal where they called the Penguin kicker by name, "Cam Pederson".

89MTBISON
10-15-2017, 03:19 AM
That is an understatement! The commentator so overused "imposing their will", "blue collar", and 'guins that I nearly turned the sound off. My favorite oops was the first YSU field goal where they called the Penguin kicker by name, "Cam Pederson".

Wait, their kicker wasn't Cam Pederson?

SDbison
10-15-2017, 03:55 AM
Took them half the game to figure out they didn't have the down and distance What's up with that anyway. nobody showed up to keep track until halftime?

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2017, 04:07 AM
Here is my question... Are there folks that still think regular TV is for TV will be viewed in future? Numerous Tweets complailing on feed where likely user issues. I had no series issues and watch every game on ESPN3.

MAKBison
10-15-2017, 04:10 AM
so how much do these broadcast announcers make at the FCS level.. Does anyone know?

EC8CH
10-15-2017, 04:13 AM
so how much do the broadcaster announces at the FCS get $$$. Does anyone know?

I always figured Timmerman just gets paid $5 each time he says North Dakota Mutual Insurance during a replay because the graphic animation isn't obvious enough.

MAKBison
10-15-2017, 04:15 AM
I always figured Timmerman just gets paid $5 each time he says North Dakota Mutual Insurance during a replay because the graphic animation isn't obvious enough.

well, that would explain a lot. But, seriously how much do they make to do this.

Christopher Moen
10-15-2017, 04:55 AM
well, that would explain a lot. But, seriously how much do they make to do this.

My guess is about a couple hundred dollars per game with travel and expenses included.

NorthernBison
10-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Here is my question... Are there folks that still think regular TV is for TV will be viewed in future? Numerous Tweets complailing on feed where likely user issues. I had no series issues and watch every game on ESPN3.

I suspect the issue for the complaints was buffering. I started watching on my LG Smart TV using the web browser and it wasn't pretty.

Switched to IPad and had no issues.

A1pigskin
10-15-2017, 10:49 AM
I streamed this game and it came in very good. The clock was always distorted. Other than his no issues with Midco.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Had a few intermittent buffering issues on my Xbox but nothing all that bad.

Oh, and I'll lake Lee Timmerman over blubbering "Guins" guy every day and twice on Saturdays.

Mr Meaty
10-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Had a few intermittent buffering issues on my Xbox but nothing all that bad.

Oh, and I'll lake Lee Timmerman over blubbering "Guins" guy every day and twice on Saturdays.

No one has ever said before they would rather have Timmerman vs a different announcer. You just gave away your screen name Lee.

BisonCardinal
10-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Having this game only on ESPN3/college extra sucked. Had to listen on am station out of Williston. Signal got weaker as sun went down. I felt like I was listening to FDR's WWII radio side chats as I tried to understand Jeff and Phil through the static. The martini tasted good, though.

scottietohottie
10-15-2017, 05:57 PM
No one has ever said before they would rather have Timmerman vs a different announcer. You just gave away your screen name Lee.

Lmao. Lee Timmerman is actually professor chaos!

Butters you're grounded.

scottietohottie
10-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Having this game only on ESPN3/college extra sucked. Had to listen on am station out of Williston. Signal got weaker as sun went down. I felt like I was listening to FDR's WWII radio side chats as I tried to understand Jeff and Phil through the static. The martini tasted good, though.

Well there is this one guy who lives in a concrete bunker in West Fargo and he can't get cell service, tv, internet, radio, and I don't even think they can get the poor guy a newspaper because they forgot to put windows or doors in his apartment but hey now you know how he feels every Saturday.

It's actually kind of amazing that he was even able to post his experience on bisonville but he must have been at his mom's house that day.

BisonCardinal
10-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Well there is this one guy who lives in a concrete bunker in West Fargo and he can't get cell service, tv, internet, radio, and I don't even think they can get the poor guy a newspaper because they forgot to put windows or doors in his apartment but hey now you know how he feels every Saturday.

It's actually kind of amazing that he was even able to post his experience on bisonville but he must have been at his mom's house that day.

Cool story, bro! Does he like martinis? I'd like to have one with him someday.

Shouldn't you be out driving tractor or something? Maybe weaning calves?

1998braves64
10-15-2017, 06:16 PM
I had my computer hardwired to my router which I get 70-75 mbps on and I was getting a lot of buffering issues. One time it just went to stills about 40 secs apart. Closing and restarting the feed worked the best. 2nd half had minimal feed issues. Just wish wouldn't be so much redoing to get it to work, but hey don't have to watch on early 90s style SD.... how did we ever accept that as okay?! [emoji3] pretty soon we'll be tweeting players that they need to blow the boogers out of their nose.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bison20
10-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Watched the whole game on espn3 with the iPad and never had any issues. Crystal clear with no delays just like watching on tv. Still not sure why the weren't able to televise the game

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Watched the whole game on espn3 with the iPad and never had any issues. Crystal clear with no delays just like watching on tv. Still not sure why the weren't able to televise the game

Mvfc TV deal

scottietohottie
10-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Shouldn't you be out driving tractor or something? Maybe weaning calves?

I like to rest on Sundays and try to offer up great advice on bisonville.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2017, 07:42 PM

Lmao. Lee Timmerman is actually professor chaos!

Butters you're grounded.
Haha, I'm not actually but I don't hate him nearly as much as the general consensus here on Bisonville.

80ALUM
10-15-2017, 09:06 PM
No issues with the feed. I like Brian Shawn but I would take these 2 announcers over LT anyday.

BisonTeacher
10-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Two words:. Down and Distance.

80ALUM
10-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Two words:. Down and Distance.

Correction: No issues except for this.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm not going to say those announcers were worse then LT, I'd put them on the same level. If the MVFC paid those guys anything more than a $5 Little Caesar's pizza then they paid too much.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2017, 01:47 AM
I'm not going to say those announcers were worse then LT, I'd put them on the same level. If the MVFC paid those guys anything more than a $5 Little Caesar's pizza then they paid too much.

I have to agree with this. Anybody thought that the announcers were just fine were not listening.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-16-2017, 02:21 AM
My ISP is wireless, watched the game on the TV. ESPN 3 through some service my daughter subscribes to. Not a problem.

I think it might have been DirectTV she has.

Son of a Bison
10-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Tried to rewatch the game tonight via ESPN 3. Same setup as we did live. In many ways sucked worse for pauses.