PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

tony
10-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Big challenges on both sides of the line:

YSU is rushing for 268 ypg and only giving up 124.

They probably still put their DBs on islands so Shepherd needs a big game.

Looks very even across the board, but, of course, YSU is at home and NDSU's passing game has been better.

semobison
10-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Big challenges on both sides of the line:

YSU is rushing for 268 ypg and only giving up 34.
They probably still put their DBs on islands so Shepherd needs a big game.

Looks very even across the board, but, of course, YSU is at home and NDSU's passing game has been better.

If the Guins have an Achilles heel it's ther passing game. Their QB does not throw a good ball. He had a half dozen or so poor throws against the Yotes. Other than that they are a damn good football team. Shit gets real next week in Y-town!

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Going to be a slobber knocker. Can't wait for a "Bo knows meltdowns" moment.

NovaBison
10-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Agreed... I anticipate a "chess match" similar to what we have seen in the past with UNI

CaBisonFan
10-08-2017, 06:56 PM
We have great balance on offense...and a defense that really hasn't been tested yet.

It'll be a tough game...but we'll come out ahead by a touchdown or two.

Bison 4 Life
10-08-2017, 07:04 PM
We have great balance on offense...and a defense that really hasn't been tested yet.

It'll be a tough game...but we'll come out ahead by a touchdown or two.

I'm leaning towards this too. I don't care what our competition has been, we have played with a killer instinct I didn't see last year.

YSU is still thinking because they made the final last year and we didn't, that means something. Forget how we undressed them in the regular season.

GOBISON123
10-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I saw the 2nd half of YSU vs Coyotes game yesterday. YSU receivers dropped lot of catchable passes. Their running game was sharp and crisp. That RB is small and shifty he can turn and run in a second.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-08-2017, 07:17 PM
If YSU had beat the Yotes, I would feel better about this game. Now YSU has a little extra motivation and we haven't played anyone yet. Also, our tackling has been atrocious. If we don't tackle better YSU could easily run all over us.

oldmantutters
10-08-2017, 08:00 PM
If NDSU can tackle next week I could see it being a 3 score game. YSU is very one dimensional on offense. Their defense is good as long as they can stay rested. So if the Bison can stay balanced and sustain a few drives, win the TOP battle they will win. Probably easier said than done but from what I've seen that is the blueprint for beating them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
10-08-2017, 08:48 PM
If the Guins have an Achilles heel it's ther passing game. Their QB does not throw a good ball. He had a half dozen or so poor throws against the Yotes. Other than that they are a damn good football team. Shit gets real next week in Y-town!

Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.

oldmantutters
10-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.For what it's worth, he didn't look great against SDSU and their defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
10-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Penguins can't pass. Bison roll them and Pelini goes nuts again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
10-08-2017, 09:49 PM
I’m predicting NDSU wins by double-digit figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison
10-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.

Nope, the guy missed wide opening guys in the flat and many of his throws over the middle were at the receivers feet. That being said, YSU is going to be a tough game IMO. They are the one team we play this year that could beat us with their run game. Last time we were in Y-town they badly out rushed us. Defensively, their secondary looked great against the Jacks but struggled against the Yotes.

westnodak93bison
10-08-2017, 11:52 PM
No way they run the ball for over 100 yds against us imho. Healthy #99 and #49 plus solid play by everyone else and no legit passing threat equal another dominant victory.

GOBISON123
10-09-2017, 12:00 AM
I’m predicting NDSU wins by double-digit figures.

If we can hold their Rushing attack

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 12:01 AM
If we can hold their Rushing attack

How many times have we heard that before?

LongLostAlum
10-09-2017, 12:01 AM
Glad we're on to a more competitive schedule. The valley games from here on out all look awesome. We look to be about a 6 pt. favorite over YSU; should be a great game.

A1pigskin
10-09-2017, 12:26 AM

He should have been a drama teacher..

A1pigskin
10-09-2017, 12:28 AM
Penguins can't pass. Bison roll them and Pelini goes nuts again.

I'm looking forward to a few flags thrown his way.

semobison
10-09-2017, 12:36 AM

Our last visit to Y-town they ran for 245 against us. We gave up an average of 104ypg in Valley play that season. We scored the winning TD with 35 seconds left after trailing the entire game.

weareytown.com
10-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Looking forward yet again to this contest. Love what NDSU has done for our league and for FCS football altogether. Hoping some of you will make the trip out to Youngstown for this one. Weather looks great Saturday with a high near 80 under sunny skies.

Hoping for an exciting top ten matchup like the past two weeks!

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Our last visit to Y-town they ran for 245 against us. We gave up an average of 104ypg in Valley play that season. We scored the winning TD with 35 seconds left after trailing the entire game.

How good of team was NDSU then compared to now? Also, compare that YSU team with their current team.

I expect nothing but a Bison victory.

barnwintersportsengelstad
10-09-2017, 01:08 AM
How good of team was NDSU then compared to now? Also, compare that YSU team with their current team.

Agree, not as close as some may think. Youngstown St. may get 150 yds rushing but so will you. Passing game is yours, you win by 2 TD's.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-09-2017, 01:29 AM

Yeah, but YSU is a very good football team. Good teams generally don't loose two in a row. They run hard and have a very physical rushing attack. We need to tackle way better than we did last weekend, or they will break a lot of long runs that may go for scores.

Green1
10-09-2017, 01:35 AM
He should have been a drama teacher..

"Romeiro, Romeiro... where for art thou Romeiro?

Get your G#@ D$%$# A!# and get into the f#$%$%% game, Romeiro! If your head gigantic head wasn't crammed into that s#$%show of a helmet, you would f#$#ing forget it! Carl, did you recruit this moron!?? F@#k me with a broom handle sideways!!"

-Pelini does Shakespeare In The Park

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Yeah, but YSU is a very good football team. Good teams generally don't loose two in a row. They run hard and have a very physical rushing attack. We need to tackle way better than we did last weekend, or they will break a lot of long runs that may go for scores.

After listening to Wimbush’s postgame comments, I expect a very good tackling day.

After reading the comments the past two weeks against MVFC competition, anyone who didn’t know the results of those games might be surprised how badly NDSU beat their opponents. Some of the comments are so bad, an unknowing person might think the Bison lost and are the most incompetent team in the FCS.

YSU is a “decent” team and far from great. They are one-dimensional for crying out loud.

The game from two years ago, where Stick was fairly new, was the closest game between the two since they beat the Bison at the FargoDome in 2011. Everything else has been a blowout since then.

semobison
10-09-2017, 01:53 AM

I expect nothing but a Bison

That was two years ago, we won the Natty, they just missed the playoffs. I have seen Y-town multiple times this year. They will easily be the most physical team we have played thus far. That being said, we have looked very good so far this year, but really haven't had any competitive opponents except maybe EWU. If we win handily, yup, we are good!

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 01:53 AM

They aren't "very good". They got exposed this past weekend. SDSU got exposed the weekend before.

semobison
10-09-2017, 02:06 AM
They aren't "very good". They got exposed this past weekend. SDSU got exposed the weekend before.

I would somewhat agree with the Jacks being exposed. Hell, the Montana State game showed that. They are not as good as the pre season hype. Youngstown, not very good, after losing a tight game on the road against another good team. No, they are good. I think we are better offensively but don't kid yourself, Youngstown is a good physical team....if I had to bet I would definitely take the Bison but I would also be nervous about the bet!

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 02:08 AM
I would somewhat agree with the Jacks being exposed. Hell, the Montana State game showed that. They are not as good as the pre season hype. Youngstown, not very good, after losing a tight game on the road. No, they are good. I think we are better offensively but don't kid yourself, Youngstown is a good physical team....if I had to bet I would definitely take the Bison but I would definitely be nervous about the bet!

I didn't say they weren't good, I would just push back on the "very" good part.

Without their solid QB, they are a bit of a one trick pony. We can take full advantage of their two weaknesses, no passing game and suspect secondary.

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 02:11 AM
That was two years ago, we won the Natty, they just missed the playoffs. I have seen Y-town multiple times this year. They will easily be the most physical team we have played thus far. That being said, we have look very good so far this year, but really haven't had any competitive opponents except maybe EWU. If we win handily, yup, we are good!

I’ve also watched them multiple times this year. They don’t scare me.

In regards to physicality, what do think happens at NDSU practices? The Bison will be ready and licking their chops to prove who they are to you Debbie Downers.

semobison
10-09-2017, 02:19 AM
I didn't say they weren't good, I would just push back on the "very" good part.

Without their solid QB, they are a bit of a one trick pony. We can take full advantage of their two weaknesses, no passing game and suspect secondary.

Good, very good? Apples and oranges! Exposed,...nope! We haven't been tested yet. I think we will this weekend. Interesting about Y_towns secondary. They played great against the Jacks, not so great against the Yotes. I wouldnt call it a weakness yet. Their QB play, yup its a problem for them!

semobison
10-09-2017, 02:34 AM
I’ve also watched them multiple times this year. They don’t scare me.

In regards to physicality, what do think happens at NDSU practices? The Bison will be ready and licking their chops to prove who they are to you Debbie Downers.

Debbie Downer... that hurts my feelings! I will wait until we beat a good Valley team before I declare us NFC north champions!

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 03:04 AM
Debbie Downer... that hurts my feelings! I will wait until we beat a good Valley team before I declare us NFC north champions!

So, when the Bison grill up some Penguins this weekend, will you consider NDSU good or YSU terrible?

When all is said and done, this team might be considered better than the 2013 version.

89MTBISON
10-09-2017, 03:06 AM
So, when the Bison grill up some Penguins this weekend, will you consider NDSU good or YSU terrible?

When all is said and done, this team might be considered better than the 2013 version.

The offense appears better, although against pretty sh#£×tty opponents thus far. The D has a long ways to go tho.

westnodak93bison
10-09-2017, 03:29 AM
Looking forward yet again to this contest. Love what NDSU has done for our league and for FCS football altogether. Hoping some of you will make the trip out to Youngstown for this one. Weather looks great Saturday with a high near 80 under sunny skies.

Hoping for an exciting top ten matchup like the past two weeks!Had a great time in Y-town a few years ago. Can't make it this year. Is that dilapidated crack house still up on the north side of the tail gate lot? I think we were in between the stadium and high rise jail. Enjoyed my chat with the head of the Democrat Party for Y-town area. Loved his comments about Obama. Lmao

semobison
10-09-2017, 03:30 AM

If we handily beat YSU I would say we are very good! I don't know how good we are yet because we haven't played anybody! I am curious as to why you think we may be better than the 13 team when besides the EWU game the results have been pretty much as expected. Let's face it, two of our OOC games were against awful teams and our first two conference games were against the two worst teams in the conference. Hey, I hope we are as good as the championship teams but I'm not going to crown us until I see us beat some of the better teams. You not being scared doesn't convince me. I'm not scared either but definitely nervous about what should be our first real conference test! I enjoy games that make me nervous.

Christopher Moen
10-09-2017, 05:03 AM
If we handily beat YSU I would say we are very good! I don't know how good we are yet because we haven't played anybody! I am curious as to why you think we may be better than the 13 team when besides the EWU game the results have been pretty much as expected. Let's face it, two of our OOC games were against awful teams and our first two conference games were against the two worst teams in the conference. Hey, I hope we are as good as the championship teams but I'm not going to crown us until I see us beat some of the better teams. You not being scared doesn't convince me. I'm not scared either but definitely nervous about what should be our first real conference test! I enjoy games that make me nervous.

My confidence in this team not only comes from their confidence, but also their determination. Just look how tough our nonstarters play, especially on defense. I don’t recall NDSU having its starters out so early in games this far into the season.

I think Carson Wentz maybe got this quantity of snaps only once before he became the starter in 2014. And even then, it wasn’t just to hand the ball of to a RB hitting the A-Gap.

Granted NDSU didn’t play anyone good in the FCS outside EWU, but part of the reason they didn’t look good was because they played NDSU. Of those teams, the only team to not win a game so far this season is Indiana State. Remember what their coach said about the Bison prior Saturday’s meeting? That NDSU will be the best team they face this season. Apparently, he regards the Bison better than some Volunteer team from Tennessee.

Keep that in mind.

56BISON73
10-09-2017, 05:09 AM
My confidence in this team not only comes from their confidence, but also their determination. Just look how tough our nonstarters play, especially on defense. I don’t recall NDSU having its starters out so early in games this far into the season.

I think Carson Wentz maybe got this quantity of snaps only once before he became the starter in 2014. And even then, it wasn’t just to hand the ball of to a RB hitting the A-Gap.

Granted NDSU didn’t play anyone good in the FCS outside EWU, but part of the reason they didn’t look good was because they played NDSU. Of those teams, the only team to not win a game so far this season is Indiana State. Remember what their coach said about the Bison prior Saturday’s meeting? That NDSU will be the best team they face this season. Apparently, he regards the Bison better than some Volunteer team from Tennessee.

Keep that in mind.

You both bring up some very good points. But the fact is we havent really been tested yet. Im looking forward to this week end to see where we sit.

HerdBot
10-09-2017, 05:41 AM

I think sacks can be an overrated stat. It's pressure that counts and QBs are doing a ton of 3 step drops. There is a reason our opponents have zero passing TDs and 10 picks for the YEAR. ShIt Robert Morris had 3 pass completions and 2 picks

HerdBot
10-09-2017, 05:44 AM

Easton Stick had like 3 starts under his belt.

GOBISON123
10-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Agreed. We always had problems against their their rushing attack. Their RB is small fast and shifty. He can turn on a dime. I know I have been saying the same thing three days in a row.

Mr Meaty
10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
We need to be ready for a full 4 quarters in this game. Team better watch their fluid intake this week. Also glad to hear in postgame they admit they did not tackle well. That will get corrected this week in practice. From here on out there is no easy game. Rise to the challenge guys and you will be successful.

Professor Chaos
10-09-2017, 12:32 PM
This will be the biggest test of the year for the Bison offense by a mile. Like him or not (not that anyone really likes him) Pelini can frickin coach defense and they'll challenge the Bison offense in all aspects.

Tackling must improve defensively and I think it will. Hopefully they blow YSU out enough that #12 (the rapist) gets in at DE for the Penguins. I'd love to see him on the business end of a few pancake blocks from the Bison O-line.

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Boy, I just hope the kids are ready because you know, this is the first big game any of them have ever been in.

EndZoneQB
10-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Thank god Jody Webb is gone. He was our kryptonite.

wagsabison
10-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Should be a fun game. It'll be interesting to see how we stand against better competition since our starters have yet to really play into the 4th Quarter.

Bison 4 Life
10-09-2017, 01:46 PM
I can only take our common opponent, Robert Morris. They only won 30-0, we won 56-0.

So there.

El_Chapo
10-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Last time NDSU played YSU in a top 15 match up at YSU?? 2013

NDSU won 35-17 expect the same game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGGdg3Ia2M

Scooter1
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I can only take our common opponent, Robert Morris. They only won 30-0, we won 56-0.

So there.

Yep...even one step further....13-0 vs 49-0 half time score.

Bison 4 Life
10-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Funny story about Youngstown. My wife applied for a job out there last year. I realized I could buy a house there for almost nothing.

KNOW IT ALL
10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Keep in mind that Stick hasn't been given the green light to run very often, yet. Now that the big games are here you will see 100 yards rushing out of him on QB draws, sweeps and reverses. (6 rushes, 112 yards, 2 TD's). Not to mention that even though he has had an impressive career to this point, He may well be the most improved player on this team from last year. His field vision, timing and accuracy on passing downs have all improved immensely. He has surprised me in a good way! OH yeah, And he's a WINNER!

semobison
10-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Easton Stick had like 3 starts under his belt.

And he wasn't playing defense that day either.

Christopher Moen
10-10-2017, 09:17 PM
And he wasn't playing defense that day either.

Being that this year's defense has given up an average of six points per game (see below), I feel the NDSU defense is a lot better than it was in 2015. That will help a lot against YSU, which struggles in the red zone.

1) Mississippi Valley State: Gave up 7 points. They're currently 1-4 and averages 23 points per game.
2) Eastern Washington: Gave up 13 points. They're currently 4-2 and averages 37 points per game.
3) Robert Morris: Gave up 0 points. They're currently 2-3 and averages 8 points per game.
4) Missouri State: Gave up 11 points. They're currently 1-4 and averages 18 points per game.
5) Indiana State: Gave up 0 points. They're currently 0-5 and averages 16 points per game.

YSU is currently 3-2 and averages less than 32 points per game. I predict NDSU beats them 27-13.

Bison 4 Life
10-10-2017, 09:26 PM
I'm more worried about being in Youngstown after dark than I am a Bison loss in this game.

gumby013
10-10-2017, 09:32 PM
YSU Game Notes

http://static.psbin.com/f/z/9aooppcgcut67u/YSU_vs_NDSU_Notes.pdf

gumby013
10-10-2017, 09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuhNfkHyNI

gumby013
10-10-2017, 09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEX22uGgtCo

gumby013
10-10-2017, 09:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5KpghsT4U

Bison 4 Life
10-10-2017, 09:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuhNfkHyNI

God damn, Bo. USD is a great team this year. give them some credit!

EC8CH
10-11-2017, 03:04 AM
Crazy guy who runs YSU board claims they know more about cold weather than we do here in Fargo. Pick your battles bro.

Christopher Moen
10-11-2017, 03:13 AM
Crazy guy who runs YSU board claims they know more about cold weather than we do here in Fargo. Pick your battles bro.

Being that the weather is going to be in the 70s with a slight wind and a small chance of precipitation, he's making a moot point if he's referring to this game. If he's talking about Youngstown versus Fargo Winters, then he needs to come up to Fargo and try to having this pissing contest outside in the middle of Winter.

thebootfitter
10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Wait... Does Bo keep referring to USeD as SDSU??? I love how he's scratching his head or his ear in nearly every video.

tjbison
10-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Hunter wells deal all smoke and mirrors or legit?

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2017, 11:30 AM

That guy is a DOOSH. He bans people for criticizing the team and the administration.

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Wait... Does Bo keep referring to USeD as SDSU??? I love how he's scratching his head or his ear in nearly every video.

Because he hates being there. He thinks its small time and he loathes our shitty little dakota schools.

Professor Chaos
10-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Hunter wells deal all smoke and mirrors or legit?
Sounds like pure gamesmanship. A YSU poster on AGS said his injury has a 4 week recovery timeline from when he reaggravated it against SDSU 2 weeks ago. It's a sprained throwing shoulder from what I understand so I doubt they'd want to push him to come back early but if they try it would probably be a good thing for NDSU.

Pretty sure the rapist recruiter tried to claim he had a chance to go last week against USD as well.

IzzyFlexion
10-11-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm so glad that we don't have a head coach like that fuckstick.

bruinbison
10-11-2017, 03:08 PM
DB’s, OL singled out as needing improvement for YSU.
DB’s - 360 yards allowed, 3 td passes
OL - 6 sacks allowed

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/oct/11/plenty-ysu-must-address/?newswatch&mobile

Pelini’s outlook for quarterback Hunter Wells is better than it was last week, but the head coach says he’s “50-50” to return from a shoulder injury on Saturday. Also day-to-day is defensive end Justus Reed, who suffered an unspecified injury against the Coyotes.

Bison bison
10-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Funny story about Youngstown. My wife applied for a job out there last year. I realized I could buy a house there for almost nothing.

End sell it for even less 20 years from now!

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2017, 03:16 PM
End sell it for even less 20 years from now!

I went back to confirm. There are only 7 houses within the city limits that are selling for more than 150k.

Bisonator98
10-11-2017, 04:15 PM
We haven't really played any team with a pulse yet. EWU is just now starting to gel offensively. YSU will be the best team we have played and it's not even close. Looking like it'll be a slug fest.

Professor Chaos
10-11-2017, 05:01 PM
We haven't really played any team with a pulse yet. EWU is just now starting to gel offensively. YSU will be the best team we have played and it's not even close. Looking like it'll be a slug fest.
EWU put up 650 yards and 56 points the week after playing NDSU. Since the NDSU game their offensive lows are 41 points and 501 yards. Their offense has been fine, they just haven't seen a defense anything near NDSU's since then.

Bisonator98
10-11-2017, 05:04 PM
EWU put up 650 yards and 56 points the week after playing NDSU. Since the NDSU game their offensive lows are 41 points and 501 yards. Their offense has been fine, they just haven't seen a defense anything near NDSU's since then.

Gubrud missed some throws and their WR's had some drops against us so I still don't think they were fine at that point.

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Gubrud missed some throws and their WR's had some drops against us so I still don't think they were fine at that point.

that seems to be a theme among teams playing us this year.

I wonder if there's a commonality anywhere.......

Bison Bridge Guy
10-11-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm going to be in the Cities this weekend (Woodbury) and am looking for a place to watch the game. The closest official Alumni watch party to our hotel is Roseville, which isn't all that close. Does anyone know of other places in the east suburbs that show Bison games?

Mr Meaty
10-11-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm going to be in the Cities this weekend (Woodbury) and am looking for a place to watch the game. The closest official Alumni watch party to our hotel is Roseville, which isn't all that close. Does anyone know of other places in the east suburbs that show Bison games?

I would think any sports bar in town would be able to find it.

penguinpower
10-12-2017, 03:36 AM
Hello everyone. Looking forward to the game. Yes we are limited with our back up quarterback. However, USD had to put 9 in the box and sometimes all 11 to stop the run. Play calling was not very good considering the injury circumstances. We've played 2 very physical games. While we beat SDSU the win came with some significant costs in terms of injuries. Game planning was poor against USD and our back up qb is dealing with injury as well. I don't care about the outcome because the back half of the schedule should be easier for us. Unfortunately the playoff selection committee doesn't consider the back to back to back weeks we've played against top 10 teams. It takes a toll. They only care about the result. I hope we are competitive against your team which is the FCS measuring stick. Hope it is close and good. Tons of respect on the YSU side.

Bisonwinagn
10-12-2017, 05:19 AM
Hello everyone. Looking forward to the game. Yes we are limited with our back up quarterback. However, USD had to put 9 in the box and sometimes all 11 to stop the run. Play calling was not very good considering the injury circumstances. We've played 2 very physical games. While we beat SDSU the win came with some significant costs in terms of injuries. Game planning was poor against USD and our back up qb is dealing with injury as well. I don't care about the outcome because the back half of the schedule should be easier for us. Unfortunately the playoff selection committee doesn't consider the back to back to back weeks we've played against top 10 teams. It takes a toll. They only care about the result. I hope we are competitive against your team which is the FCS measuring stick. Hope it is close and good. Tons of respect on the YSU side.

Looking forward to the test of our defensive line. We have good depth, but not sure how good they are yet. This is the week to find out.

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I predict something like this from Bo on Saturday night.

https://media.tenor.com/images/5d235fbaeb4ce4f82140682d044ab97b/tenor.gif

Bisonator98
10-12-2017, 02:40 PM

It'll be a hard fought game. Hopefully both teams come out of it injury free. Unlike YSU's our schedule is back loaded.

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2017, 03:09 PM
one thing about YSU, of all our opponents, they engage in the most trash talk and that even including SDSU during Marker week.

HerdThat!
10-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Unfortunately I think that is going to be your best option- since its on ESPN3 a bar would have to stream it and most places down here dont/wont have the set up to stream. Plus, if your in the eastern part of the Cities, you're going to be battling the Wild home opener being shown at the same time everywhere over there, so Senser's in Roseville may be best bet.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately I think that is going to be your best option- since its on ESPN3 a bar would have to stream it and most places down here dont/wont have the set up to stream. Plus, if your in the eastern part of the Cities, you're going to be battling the Wild home opener being shown at the same time everywhere over there, so Senser's in Roseville may be best bet.
It's also on College Sports Extra on DirecTV. Any sports bar worth a damn that has DirecTV should have the Sports Pack that gets those channels (I think they're 787-799 or something like that)

Bison Bridge Guy
10-12-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanks for response.

bri-dog
10-12-2017, 03:51 PM
It's also on College Sports Extra on DirecTV. Any sports bar worth a damn that has DirecTV should have the Sports Pack that gets those channels (I think they're 787-799 or something like that)

Yep, 788-793.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Will be traveling with kids, so I guess it depends on the place whether or not it we can go. I'll check around - thanks.

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2017, 06:38 PM
https://barstoolguins.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/preview-ysu-vs-ndsu/

LOL.....Predict a close YSU win and work backwards from there.

Christopher Moen
10-12-2017, 07:46 PM

I'm predicting more like this:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/1/15/Voldemorts_Death.gif/revision/latest?cb=20111116144244

yopaulie
10-12-2017, 10:14 PM

Beware of Calcutta Clippers passing through.

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 01:54 PM
This has been one of the quietest threads I have seen before a big game. Both sides.

BisonNation11
10-13-2017, 02:09 PM
This has been one of the quietest threads I have seen before a big game. Both sides.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to take this game. YSU has been hurt by the running game before and they've been hurt by the passing game. It took them 4 quarters to put away Bob Mo U but dominated SDSU (although I'm not sure how hard that really is at this point). They are coming off of a tough game being beat in the final seconds. That can either energize a team or suck the life out of them. It's the 3rd slobberknocker of a game for them and what should turn out to be the first true test for NDSU. We should be relatively fresh and they should be beat up and worn down. On paper, this should be a tough game for us, but I'm just not seeing it. Stick is a better Streveler in my opinion and he killed them with the pass. If we win by less then 2 TD's, I'd be shocked.

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to take this game. YSU has been hurt by the running game before and they've been hurt by the passing game. It took them 4 quarters to put away Bob Mo U but dominated SDSU (although I'm not sure how hard that really is at this point). They are coming off of a tough game being beat in the final seconds. That can either energize a team or suck the life out of them. It's the 3rd slobberknocker of a game for them and what should turn out to be the first true test for NDSU. We should be relatively fresh and they should be beat up and worn down. On paper, this should be a tough game for us, but I'm just not seeing it. Stick is a better Streveler in my opinion and he killed them with the pass. If we win by less then 2 TD's, I'd be shocked.

Same here. I think this game is bigger for them than for us. They need to prove that last year was no fluke. After getting housed by USD last week they are afraid of going on a skid. I don't like Pelini, I'm not sure if anyone does. I don't think his players feel that he has their back, you see him screaming at kids all the time on the sidelines. You never see CK do that.

CAS4127
10-13-2017, 03:11 PM
I’d like to see an OOC home game scheduled for late afternoon/evening when we have one or more conference games away that are. Conference foes schedule late games against us on purpose/just to eff with our game-day schedule. Having a night game under our belt would be helpful IMO.

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 03:15 PM
I’d like to see an OOC home game scheduled for late afternoon/evening when we have one or more conference games away that are. Conference foes schedule late games against us on purpose/just to eff with our game-day schedule. Having a night game under our belt would be helpful IMO.

Not to mention being out after dark in Youngstown is dangerous.

EndZoneQB
10-13-2017, 03:16 PM

We can't because of KVLY. Serious.

TransAmBison
10-13-2017, 03:19 PM
We can't because of KVLY. Serious.I'm not so sure about that. I used to think that, but now I think it is more on the coaches. Klieman has commented numerous times how much he doesn't like night games. I'm thinking they are the ones setting the 2:30 start times...

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I used to think that, but now I think it is more on the coaches. Klieman has commented numerous times how much he doesn't like night games. I'm thinking they are the ones setting the 2:30 start times...

JJ said it was deliberate to allow decent tailgating but also allow peopel to get home by dinnertime.

That's so god damn North Dakotan, I love it.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2017, 03:23 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I used to think that, but now I think it is more on the coaches. Klieman has commented numerous times how much he doesn't like night games. I'm thinking they are the ones setting the 2:30 start times...

JJ said it was deliberate to allow decent tailgating but also allow peopel to get home by dinnertime.

Yeah, I think if Klieman had his way all home games would be 1PM kickoffs (or even earlier). IIRC there always used to be an early season game that would be a relatively late kickoff at 5 or 6PM but that ended a few years ago I think.

bri-dog
10-13-2017, 03:35 PM
JJ said it was deliberate to allow decent tailgating but also allow peopel to get home by suppertime.

Fixed it to make it more North Dakotan... :biggrin:

gumby013
10-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Team plane stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8909/history/20171013/2025Z/KFAR/KYNG

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Fixed it to make it more North Dakotan... :biggrin:

ugh. I've been gone too long.

gumby013
10-13-2017, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HiB1B9I0Kg

THEsocalledfan
10-13-2017, 07:54 PM
Team plane stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8909/history/20171013/2025Z/KFAR/KYNG

We stalk our own planes now?

17>1
10-13-2017, 08:06 PM
While I agree this may be our biggest test thus far, I always like our chances against anyone. I'm on board with the group that says if we win by less than 2 TD's I'd be surprised. They'll be ready to play us, no doubt about that, but we'll be ready with our per usual road business trip attitude. I expect us to find a way to continue rushing the football effectively...by smashing it right down their throats. I expect physical football, which is one of the reasons why I love the Valley. I'll wait until the GDT to throw out an official prediction, but early thoughts are 27-13.

Go Bison!!!

GOBISON123
10-13-2017, 10:10 PM
No shoe string tackles or catching shoe laces please.

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2017, 10:56 PM
No shoe string tackles or catching shoe laces please.

Everybody talked about tackling last week. I hate to say it but I'm afraid there was a bit of complacency the last couple weeks. This team has a ton of experience and I think they know where to concentrate and will come out focused for this one. I'm not going to predict anything but I don't think they'll be surprised by anything.

Christopher Moen
10-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Everybody talked about tackling last week. I hate to say it but I'm afraid there was a bit of complacency the last couple weeks. This team has a ton of experience and I think they know where to concentrate and will come out focused for this one. I'm not going to predict anything but I don't think they'll be surprised by anything.

YSU ball carriers are going to be wishing that NDSU didn't have tackling issues last week. Trust me on this.

Mr Meaty
10-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Team will be 110% focused tomorrow.

Fast Eddie
10-14-2017, 04:49 AM
A quick disclaimer: I have not watched a NDSU game this year. I support another FCS team. That said, I have looked at statistics and the Bison are at or near the top of some important categories. They appear to be in usual top form. No real surprise. The program just keeps dominating opponents. But I wondered if I might be missing something so I looked at this year's schedule, and it became apparent that only one of the five teams that NDSU has played thus far has a winning record! The five first opponents have a combined record of 8 - 18. Remove Eastern Washington from the mix and NDSU's opponents are a combined 4 - 16.

So those early season stats really don't mean much. The game on 10/14, on the other hand DOES mean something. It starts to get real now. I suspect that the Bison will be ready but it won't be easy.

EC8CH
10-14-2017, 12:13 PM
A quick disclaimer: I have not watched a NDSU game this year. I support another FCS team. That said, I have looked at statistics and the Bison are at or near the top of some important categories. They appear to be in usual top form. No real surprise. The program just keeps dominating opponents. But I wondered if I might be missing something so I looked at this year's schedule, and it became apparent that only one of the five teams that NDSU has played thus far has a winning record! The five first opponents have a combined record of 8 - 18. Remove Eastern Washington from the mix and NDSU's opponents are a combined 4 - 16.

So those early season stats really don't mean much. The game on 10/14, on the other hand DOES mean something. It starts to get real now. I suspect that the Bison will be ready but it won't be easy.

https://i.imgflip.com/mj9k6.jpg

Mr Meaty
10-14-2017, 01:26 PM

Thank Captain. :judges::judges:

BisonNation11
10-14-2017, 01:38 PM

Must spread rep

Fast Eddie
10-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Watched today's game and must say that the Bison did not disappoint. Trailed at Y State and recovered. But they also allowed Y State back in to tie. Two good teams, one kicker better than the other. Hard nosed football teams both. Two playoff teams, I say.

EC8CH
10-15-2017, 03:18 AM
Watched today's game and must say that the Bison did not disappoint. Trailed at Y State and recovered. But they also allowed Y State back in to tie. Two good teams, one kicker better than the other. Hard nosed football teams both. Two playoff teams, I say.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2017, 01:34 PM

This game did not disappoint on both points!!!

southcliffbison
10-15-2017, 07:36 PM

Luckily for us, Klieman didn't call TO to "ice" their kicker.