PDA

View Full Version : SDSU v. NDSU

RonRabbit
11-05-2005, 10:06 PM
We'll bring the marker but it's returning to Brookings after the game. SDSU 21, NDSU 14

TheBisonator
11-05-2005, 10:12 PM
You have exactly seven days to look at that marker, because we're taking it on Saturday.

SDSU 20
NDSU 42

somebison
11-05-2005, 10:17 PM
If we score 20+ points we win, if we don't we lose

RonRabbit
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
In any event, it's going to be a great game.

jackmd
11-05-2005, 11:12 PM
You have exactly seven days to look at that marker, because we're taking it on Saturday.

SDSU 20
NDSU 42

No way NDSU scores 42. We have a better offense, better kicking game, equal return game and out defense will step up. I suspect turnovers and penalties will play a big role. Jacks need this game and will get it. Jacks by at least 7 but not more than 14.

Whatever_
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
better kicking game? You mean punting or field goals? If you mean punting I think you may be mistaken on that.

And if SDSU has a better returner than shamen, I look forward to seeing the highlights cause he'd be out of control.

jackmd
11-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Harris is coming into his own has a KO returner (86 yarder today). Bainbridge is one of the best if not the best punter in IAA. Douglas has a 54 yard FG (school record) and could go over 60 in the "dome". You better be worried about 0-2 vs the Jacks.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
*We have a better offense, better kicking game, equal return game and out defense will step up.

What makes SDSU so much better at offense? After the way last year's game ended I think the Bison will be hungry for a win. The differences I see in this year's game is that Walker is the QB not Stauss and also the game is at the dome and the Bison are a better team on turf and at home then they are on the road. I think it will be a close game but a big home crowd and the revenge factor will lead to a Bison victory.

Whatever_
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Ok, you could argue that drago is also one of the best punters in D-1aa. A returner coming into his own probably isnt to the level of a guy thats been there since the start. I'm not saying that these guys aren't top notch but for you to come on there and claim that SDSU is leaps and bounds above NDSU at this and this and this is pretty far out there I think.

Guess we'll see in a week, I look forward to the game.

Jacks02
11-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Statistics from GWFC site through week 8 and todays results.
http://greatwestfootball.collegesports.com/statistics/gwfc-statistics.html

Scoring Offense
1. SDSU 32.6/game and 55 today
2. NDSU 29.4/game and 44 today
Advantage: SDSU

Rushing Offense
1. SDSU 247.6/game and 238 today
4. NDSU 154.5/game and 272 today

Pass Offense
4. NDSU 167.9/game w/ 13 TD and 229 yds and 1 TD today
5. SDSU 156.4/game w/12 TD and 156 yds and 3 TD today
Advantage: Tossup

Scoring Defense
2. NDSU 15.6/game and 0 today
4. SDSU 23.6/game and 7 today
Advantage NDSU

Rushing Defense
3. NDSU 136.2/game and 22 today
4. SDSU 166.8/game and -15 today
Advantage NDSU

Passing Defense
1. NDSU 149.8/game w/8 TD and 150 yds today
6. SDSU 204.5/game w/7 TD and 179 yds today
Advantage: NDSU

Kickoff Returns
1. SDSU 22.9 avg
2. NDSU 20.4 avg

Punt Returns
1. NDSU 15.0 avg
4. SDSU 10.3 avg

Punting
1. SDSU 40.5 net avg
3. NDSU 39.1 net avg

Field Goals
3. SDSU 13/19 with long of 55
6. NDSU 6/13

Looks like we're gonna end up in a tie, 4-4 with two tossups ;D

Go Jacks!

OK_Jackrabbit
11-06-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm not saying that these guys aren't top notch but for you to come on there and claim that SDSU is leaps and bounds above NDSU at this and this and this is pretty far out there I think.
I wouldn't ever claim that SDSU is "leaps and bounds" ahead of a great program like NDSU. But I hope that NDSU fans don't view last year's close game at Coughlin as some sort of fluke. SDSU's program has turned a corner. And the Jacks have really turned it up a notch this year. Our four losses are to highly ranked teams (#4 Montana by 7, #11 Texas State by 30, #15 Georgia Southern by 13, and #19 Cal Poly by 8. ... and note that Georgia Southern beat #1 Furman today.) We did beat UC Davis and we crushed SUU today. We're doing it with 42 scholarships this year (expecting to be at 57 next year!)

I expect a really good game next week. NDSU is definitely the favorite, but the Jacks are bringing in a very strong team. This isn't the NCC anymore. Thank heavens.

RonRabbit
11-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Hey Bison tailgaters...will there be food available for purchase at the tailgating before the game or do you recommend we come prepared to cook? *(I have some *bison burger that is great grilled -- I'm serious!!...but I'm thinking we'll be eating Bison all throughout the game so maybe I'd have something else before the game.

Actually, serious question about whether there'll be food vendors there. *I'm looking forward to the game and tailgating. *Last year the thousands of Bison fans tailgating before the game at Coughlin Alumni Stadium were great ambassadors for your school and team.

somebison
11-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Hey Bison tailgaters...will there be food available for purchase at the tailgating before the game or do you recommend we come prepared to cook? *(I have some *bison burger that is great grilled -- I'm serious!!...but I'm thinking we'll be eating Bison all throughout the game so maybe I'd have something else before the game.

Actually, serious question about whether there'll be food vendors there. *I'm looking forward to the game and tailgating. *Last year the thousands of Bison fans tailgating before the game at Coughlin Alumni Stadium were great ambassadors for your school and team.

Buffalo Wild Wings is across the street, you could also get free food from many of the board members here

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 02:26 AM

Bring food. There used to be Famous Dave's available in the West lots (where you want to be), but I have not seen them there lately. If nothing else, you'll make some friends with some Bison fans. Of course, there should be some food available, but it's always good if you can contribute some (and just in case Bison fans aren't feeling like sharing).

Also, there's plenty of food available in the Fabulous Fargodome- standard stadium hot dogs, brats, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, Domino's pizza, Subway, Famous Dave's BBQ, and lots of other stuff.

Bring some friends. I'd like to see more Jack fans in the Fargodome than they have members in the band for a change. ::)

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Oh yeah- There's plenty of restaurants within a block of the Fargodome- Juanno's Mexican, BW3 as Hansel stated, Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Grand Junction (good east coast style subs), some chinese restaurant, Quizno's, and probably a couple more that I'm forgetting.

sambini
11-06-2005, 04:17 AM
NDSU 41 SDSU 10

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2005, 04:38 AM
*We have a better offense, better kicking game, equal return game and out defense will step up. *

We have home field advantage.

Nuff' said.

Bison by 3 td's+.

See Yuz.

OK_Jackrabbit
11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Bison by 3 td's+.

NDSU *41 SDSU 10
Are you serious? NDSU is a great team and has a great program. But this isn't 1986. It's going to be a close game. UC Davis didn't fold on your home field. You might recall that we beat them this year. We stayed with Montana on their home field which is surely more intimidating than the dome. We had a game-tying TD called back on a penalty and lost 7-0. And that was with an injured QB who is healthy now. SUU, which is probably the second worst team we have seen this year (we beat them 55-7 yesterday) scored 21 on your defense. We scored 42 on Georgia Southern, the team that beat #1 Furman yesterday. Do you really think we'll only manage 10 points next week? SDSU isn't UNC. And SDSU isn't SUU. Two good performances in cakewalk games don't suddenly make NDSU a 32-point favorite over SDSU.

I have all the respect in the world for the Bison (and I'm not alone... visit our board and you won't find any ridiculous predictions). Too bad some of you guys don't have any respect for the Jacks.

kchats
11-06-2005, 04:15 PM
The last time SDSU played in the FargoDome was 2003 and the game ended 30-0 and SDSU had 11 yards rushing. Coach Bohl stated following last year's game that it was their worst performance all season and I'm sure they will be preparing for this game to erase last season's loss from their memory. They stated that they believe they are playing much more like they opened the season now. I watched the coaches show and if the referees hadn't blown two fumbles in the SUU game the final score would have been much worse than the 37-21 score which include a late score and a muffed punt on the one yard line for one of their other TD's.

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 04:26 PM
The last time SDSU played in the FargoDome was 2003 and the game ended 30-0 and SDSU had 11 yards rushing. *Coach Bohl stated following last year's game that it was their worst performance all season and I'm sure they will be preparing for this game to erase last season's loss from their memory. *They stated that they believe they are playing much more like they opened the season now. *I watched the coaches show and if the referees hadn't blown two fumbles in the SUU game the final score would have been much worse than the 37-21 score which include a late score and a muffed punt on the one yard line for one of their other TD's.

Last time SDSU played in the Fargodome the score was 24-0, and the game was a lot closer than the score indicated IMO.

kchats
11-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Game Four
NDSU 24, SDSU 0
September 27, 2003
FARGO, ND--North Dakota State’s defense
scored one touchdown and set up another as the
Bison opened their final season in the North
Central Conference with a 24-0 whitewashing of
South Dakota State Saturday night at the
Fargodome.
The Bison defense pitched its first shutout
in 36 games. The last time the opponent was
held scoreless in a game was the second contest
of the 2000 season when NDSU pounded
Minnesota State-Moorhead, 80-0.
The Bison (3-1, 1-0 NCC) were nursing a 3-
0 lead late in the first half when the defense took
charge. SDSU was driving and had a second
down on the Bison 23 yard line when Jackrabbit
quarterback Brad Nelson was sacked by senior
linebacker Josh Mock and the ball was knocked
free. Senior strong safety Mike Sheppard
scooped up the ball at the 31-yard line and raced
69 yards untouched with 1:03 left in the quarter to
give the Herd a 10-0 lead.
The defense set up NDSU’s next score
near the end of the third quarter. Nelson again
went back to pass and was picked off by junior
free safety Jared Essler at the Bison 47. Essler
returned the ball 39 yards to the SDSU 14 before
he was tackled.
Freshman running back Kyle Steffes
scored from one yard out on a fourth-and-goal six
plays later to up the margin to 17-0.
NDSU’s last score came early in the fourth
quarter as the Bison drove 67 yards in 10 plays
with Rod Malone scoring his fifth touchdown of
the season on a 2-yard run to the right corner of
the end zone.
Malone sparked the Bison ground game,
picking up 91 yards on 20 carries while Steffes
gained 57 yards on 19 attempts.
Junior quarterback Tony Stauss was 18 for
28 passing for 127 yards
The Bison limited South Dakota State (2-2,
0-1) to just 11 yards rushing in the game, but the
Jacks gained 259 yards in the air on 26 of 45
passes. NDSU had 269 yards of total offense in
the game including 132 on the ground.
Sheppard had 10 tackles including one
quarterback sack and two other stops for losses.
He broke up one pass in addition to his
recovered fumble return for a score.
Statistics SDSU NDSU
First Downs 16 19
Yds. Rushing 23-11 42-132
Yds. Passing 259 127
Total Offense 270 259
Passes 26-45-1 18-28-1
Punts 7-42.9 4-37.0
Penalties 8-85 6-42
Fumbles/Lost 3-2 2-2
SDSU 0 0 0 0 -- 0
NDSU 0 10 7 7 -- 24
NDSU--FG Vartanian 37
NDSU--Sheppard 69 fumble return
NDSU--Steffes 1 run (Vartanian kick)
NDSU--Malone 2 run (Vartanian kick)
A--14,108
Top Individuals
Rushing--Kardoes (SDSU) 1-12; Watson (SDSU) 11-12;
Malone (NDSU) 20-91; Steffes (NDSU) 19-57
Passing--Nelson (SDSU) 22-37-1, 204 yds.; Kardoes
(SDSU) 4-8-0, 55 yds.; Stauss (NDSU) 18-28-1,
127 yds.
Receiving--Janecek (SDSU) 5-62; Davis (SDSU) 6-56;
DelaBarre (NDSU) 4-38; Burrell (NDSU) 4-28;
Tackles--Landis (SDSU) 6-3=9; Francois (SDSU) 6-3=9;
Coauette (SDSU) 4-5=9; Sheppard (NDSU) 6-
4=10; Essler (NDSU) 5-5=10

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Right, and until that fumble recovery for a TD (which was a very close call), the game was tight, with SDSU moving the ball.

kchats
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
They still didn't score and only had 11 yards rushing. They are talking like they are going to come up and whip the Bison because they beat SUU and scored points in a loss to Georgia Southern. All I am saying is until they beat the Bison in Fargo the Bison have homefield advantage. The Bison have a very good defense and pretty good special teams. When their offense plays well it is also pretty good and it is much better to be playing at home.

My pick is NDSU 28 SDSU 20

The rock comes home.

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, if NDSU can stop the run this year, it definitely will spell a Bison win.

I just think the score two years ago showed a little more than what was displayed on the field. Looked more like a 14-0 win, with a couple nice bounces going NDSU's way.

kchats
11-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Remember NDSU dominated UNC in Greeley last season only to lose the game because of turnovers. Turnovers are a big part of all football games and the team that forces the most usually wins. I have only heard of one team losing when they had a decided advantage in the turnover battle. The Kansas City Chiefs lost two games in which they were plus 4 in turnovers in 2002. The only stat that counts is the final score.

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I have all the respect in the world for the Bison (and I'm not alone... visit our board and you won't find any ridiculous predictions). Too bad some of you guys don't have any respect for the Jacks.

I'm not on your boards. I'm perfectly happy in my own little world here where I don't need to go to some other college's board. ANd why are you talking to me about respect when you have fellow rabbit fans that come over here and make absurd predictions themself. Especially in basketball.

I have enough respect where I at least don't go to your forums and do the same.

See Yuz.

Bisonguy
11-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Remember NDSU dominated UNC in Greeley last season only to lose the game because of turnovers. *Turnovers are a big part of all football games and the team that forces the most usually wins. *I have only heard of one team losing when they had a decided advantage in the turnover battle. *The Kansas City Chiefs lost two games in which they were plus 4 in turnovers in 2002. *The only stat that counts is the final score.

True, however turnovers were even in the 2002 NDSU/SDSU game. The Sheppard fumble return was a huge momentum shift. The game was very much in question until that point, which I guess is why I don't view it as a blowout (although the score suggests it ;D ;D ;D).

tony
11-06-2005, 07:13 PM
I think it should be a great match-up. The guys have got to stop the run - it shouldn't be harder to tackle a little better than last year too.

All I know is that SDSU is almost playing like a whole different team this year. UC Davis and Georgia Southern whipped them last year... this year, SDSU more than held their own.

I think SDSU's defense is deeper and their rushing offense is better. Other than that, it's pretty much of a toss-up.

Tatanka
11-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Bison home crowd definitely has an obligation this week to make a difference... The bunnies are not the creampuffs they might appear to be, and a noisy building can sure help.

That said, the Bison, if they play anywhere near their potential, win by 2 TDs.

Gamehunter
11-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Statistics from GWFC site through week 8 and todays results.
http://greatwestfootball.collegesports.com/statistics/gwfc-statistics.html

Scoring Offense
1. SDSU 32.6/game and 55 today
2. NDSU 29.4/game and 44 today

Rushing Offense
1. SDSU 247.6/game and 238 today
4. NDSU 154.5/game and 272 today

Pass Offense
4. NDSU 167.9/game w/ 13 TD and 229 yds and 1 TD today
5. SDSU 156.4/game w/12 TD and 156 yds and 3 TD today

Scoring Defense
2. NDSU 15.6/game and 0 today
4. SDSU 23.6/game and 7 today
Advantage NDSU

Rushing Defense
3. NDSU 136.2/game and 22 today
4. SDSU 166.8/game and -15 today
Advantage NDSU

Passing Defense
1. NDSU 149.8/game w/8 TD and 150 yds today
6. SDSU 204.5/game w/7 TD and 179 yds today

Kickoff Returns
1. SDSU 22.9 avg
2. NDSU 20.4 avg

Punt Returns
1. NDSU 15.0 avg
4. SDSU 10.3 avg

Punting
1. SDSU 40.5 net avg
3. NDSU 39.1 net avg

Field Goals
3. SDSU 13/19 with long of 55
6. NDSU 6/13

Looks like we're gonna end up in a tie, 4-4 with two tossups ;D

Go Jacks!

So your telling me your statistics skewed by 3 cupcakes that would make a middle-of-the-road DII team look like USC actually means you have an advantage over the Bison in any category less "K"? You give up 28 points to DII whipping boy Rolla, 55 to GSU. Sounds like an awesome defense to me.

There is a reason why the Bison own a 91% winning percentage for games played in Fargo. Rabbits going down hard this weekend in a game that is closer than the score indicates. 31-13

You heard it from this homer first ;D ;)

somebison
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Attendance prediction

OK_Jackrabbit
11-06-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm not on your boards. *I'm perfectly happy in my own little world here where I don't need to go to some other college's board. *ANd why are you talking to me about respect when you have fellow rabbit fans that come over here and make absurd predictions themself. *Especially in basketball.

I have enough respect where I at least don't go to your forums and do the same.

See Yuz.
Wow. Relax. I'm not making any crazy predictions about SDSU dominating the Bison. Read my posts. I'm just saying I think the game will be close. I respect NDSU football (and the institution... and the state.) I lived in North Dakota for several years and worked as a reporter for The Forum. I think most everybody on our "other college's" board is happy that NDSU is our partner in the D1 move. It's a class institution with great fans, including pretty much everybody I have encountered on this board.

I don't think there's anything odd about going to the discussion board of the team you're playing the week of the game. We get lots of opposing fans, including a bunch of very welcome Bison fans, on our board. I want information about what to expect. This is a good place to get some. Is there something wrong with that?

silkamilkamonico
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Wow. Relax. I'm not making any crazy predictions about SDSU dominating the Bison. Read my posts. I'm just saying I think the game will be close. I respect NDSU football (and the institution... and the state.) I lived in North Dakota for several years and worked as a reporter for The Forum. I think most everybody on our "other college's" board is happy that NDSU is our partner in the D1 move. It's a class institution with great fans, including pretty much everybody I have encountered on this board.

I don't think there's anything odd about going to the discussion board of the team you're playing the week of the game. We get lots of opposing fans, including a bunch of very welcome Bison fans, on our board. I want information about what to expect. This is a good place to get some. Is there something wrong with that?

I'm just telling you how it is.

Your the one throwing out "don't respect SDSU" like theres something wrong with it.

What do you expect on a board not SDSU?

Now if I were to go to your board, and throw around disrepsectful comments about SDSU, there would be something wrong with that. That's the difference between the 2, imo.

See Yuz.

sambini
11-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Attendance 15185.

bisoneer
11-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Ok Mr. Wabbit, here is my prediction:

NDSU 23 SDSU 20,

hows that for respect. Bet your buds in Vermillion are PO'd today after getting snubbed by the D2 tribal council. What gives on that deal? Bubba S. in Duluth skanked in some how with an 8-3 record, USD was 9-2 and beat the UND cant say the nickname. Wow, how politically incorrect can they be?

RonRabbit
11-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Hard to figure out how USD didn't get the invite but it must have had something to do with some of their non-conference competition.

If we put the rivalry stuff aside for a moment, one can see that Mierkort, USD's coach, is an excellent coach. He's taken basically John Austin-recruited talent that had difficulty getting it together, and he's turned them into a nice D-II football unit.

Maybe someday Mierkort will move up even if USD doesn't.

I'll say this (and I'm not saying this simply because this is the NDSU board): after what USD did to UND, I think UND should be very glad they're not playing NDSU. They'd really be outmatched, outgunned and probably physically hurt by the end of the third quarter.

tony
11-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I say, let people make predictions and don't take them as insults. Heck, I admire folks who will go out on a limb and risk a jinxing. Only prediction I have is: Bison fans in attendance 14300, SDSU fans in attendance: 703.

Please be polite to all our guests.

swany_spectrum
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm telling everyone that the student section will be full and it will be rocking. *Students want the Dakota Marker back and this game has been circled on many a calender for some time.*NDSU Blue Key is selling rivalry shirts this week in the Memorial Union, should sell out quick. *

SDSU ought to be practicing with crowd noise cause it is going to be loud. *(SDSU fans should come early to partake in tailgating, it was such a great atmosphere in Brookings last fall).

There is a good post by Jeff Kolpack on the Forum's webblog www.areavoices.com. *He brings up a very good observation and maybe the SDSU fans can shed some light. *How did SDSU go from a middle of the road NCC team to a solid team (with only 42 scholarships) in I-AA? *I mean no offense with the middle of the road remark, but looking at records, playoff appearances, etc., it is hard to argue they were at the top of the NCC.

Both teams are playing well. *In games like this a turnover or big play on special teams usually looms large. *Should be a playoff-esque atmosphere in the Dome this weekend. *It is only Monday and I am "jacked" about this game. *

The Bison, coaches, players, staff, etc., will come out roaring. *However, I don't expect SDSU to come out flat. *Too many variables come into play during rivalry games, making them hard to predict. *I wouldn't be surprised by an outcome similiar to last fall's game or a three TD differential. *

Sidenote: I was one of two NDSU Blue Key-ers that had to present the Dakota Marker to the Jacks last year, walking through their student section at the end to do it. *(The Dakota Marker was created courtesy "The Marker Man," a covert USPS agent on the east coast who, along with myself, was one of six who lived in 901 College Street. The Marker was born in the basement of 901 College). *Heck, the Dakota Marker feels like a child to me and I want it to come back home *;D *Bottom line, it was quite the crappy feeling, I can only imagine how badly the good guys in green and yellow want it back. *The Marker, along with 901, is a NDSU original. *

I am making several new tailgating CDs this weekend, the lot will be rocking, and the Jacks will be toppling!

NDSU * * * *35
SDSU * * * *21

footballfan
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I think it will be a great game, the team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win. I personally have a hard time slamming the Bison, I always hope they win all there games except when they play us. I will be ther loud and proud and ready to tailgate before the game

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

89rabbit
11-07-2005, 04:41 PM
There is a good post by Jeff Kolpack on the Forum's webblog www.areavoices.com. *He brings up a very good observation and maybe the SDSU fans can shed some light. *How did SDSU go from a middle of the road NCC team to a solid team (with only 42 scholarships) in I-AA? *

Here is my take. We went from being one of many D-II teams in the region to one of a few D-I teams in the region. It is the same principle that is allowing NDSU's basketball program to step up in a hurry.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Your a kid in Nebraska and you get some looks from Iowa State, Nebraska, and Iowa, but they want you to walk on. You are looking for a scholarships and you want to stay kinda close to home. In the past it was UNI or you needed to look at D-II. Once in the D-II ranks you have a ton of choices and so SDSU doesn't get you. Now it is UNI, SDSU, NDSU. So now you choose to become a Jackrabbit, you never even look at the D-II schools. The same for a kid from the Cities. We are getting that guy because there are only so many I-A and I-AA scholarships to go around.

Coach Stig and his staff are good and they get the most they can out of our kids. I am gald we are trying to ramp up to 57 for next season because you can win with fewer scholarships, after all only 11 can be on the field at a time, but it makes each scholarship that much more important. It doesn't leave you much room for error. If a kid is a bust and you only have 42 scholarships it really hurts. Same for depth With 42 if you are relatively injury free, you are ok but get some guys hurt and it can be a problem.

So short answer is: Good Coaching staff, good team, few injuries, getting the guys we want because we are one of the few D-I schools that plays football in the region. At least that is what I think.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

BisonMav
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
This will be a battle of two very good I-AA football teams. I have a lot of respect for what the Rabbits have done this year against I-AA opponents. For me this game is off the books, no prediction here. Should be a great game.

JACKGUYII
11-07-2005, 05:21 PM
This will be a battle of two very good I-AA football teams. *I have a lot of respect for what the Rabbits have done this year against I-AA opponents. *For me this game is off the books, no prediction here. *Should be a great game.

I concur with this statement. Regardless of the bold posts on both side of the aisle here I'm confident both coaches are treating this game and opponent with the respect deserved. I think it's hard for Bison fans to give SDSU any respect because of the lopsided history. I agree with Rabbitt even with the difference in scholarships the talent differential has narrowed. In the DII era the Jacks would have never gotten someone like Hank Goff who is a true freshman from Minnetonka that is starting. The Jacks probably have the same attitude towards the Bison in Basketball. However what we did on the court in DII is not going to equate to instant success against the Bison over anyone else. The Bison are getting some Basketball players that would never given them the time of day prior to the move up.

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Let me go out on a limb......The Bison are not happy having three losses and I suspect that in the confines of the Fargodome NDSU will play very tough and hold the Bunnies to 10 or less. Folks, this will be a rout. Bison by 30+. The marker comes home! (I just wish I could watch it on TV..... >:()

swany_spectrum
11-07-2005, 05:55 PM
It is upsetting that the athletic department and the university decided against televising this game. is it too late for anyone to step in? it was voted the game of the week by I-AA.org and also was runner-up for game of the year.

This is an important game and I am disappointed it is not on statewide tv. If the UND (who once again weasled into the playoffs at the expense of a more deserving team in USD) game against Duluth High is on statewide abc it will be a crock, just like UND making the playoffs.

Bisonfan1
11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
It is upsetting that the athletic department and the university decided against televising this game. *is it too late for anyone to step in? *it was voted the game of the week by I-AA.org and also was runner-up for game of the year. *

This is an important game and I am disappointed it is not on statewide tv. *If the UND (who once again weasled into the playoffs at the expense of a more deserving team in USD) game against Duluth High is on statewide abc it will be a crock, just like UND making the playoffs. *
Not that I know everything, but would'nt a rush of advance ticket sales to a near sell out crowd maybe help any chances of televising? Maybe the airtime schedule has been set in advance so there would be no way it could even be televised even if a sell out? *A good question for the athletic/marketing people. In the mean time talk to everyone you know and get butt's in the stands wearing the school colors. Looks like 12 in our group (so far) and some newbies at that to get excited about Bison football and Team Makers for next year. The 14000-15000 attendance range that is being predicted is NOT acceptable for this game. The weather will be nice, it is a night game so the hunters should be in, this game SHOULD BE advertised very heavely this week as the place to be on Saturday night.

JBB
11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Let me go out on a limb......The Bison are not happy having three losses and I suspect that in the confines of the Fargodome NDSU will play very tough and hold the Bunnies to 10 or less. *Folks, this will be a rout. *Bison by 30+. *The marker comes home! (I just wish I could watch it on TV..... >:()

Its going to be on internet feed isnt it?

swany_spectrum
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd expect many game day sales for this weekend as Fargo will be filled with Dakota Bowl fans (North Dakota high school football championships). Many of these fans make a weekend out of the trip as they drive from central and western ND to Fargo. Hopefully they'll decide to go to the rivalry game!

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Its going to be on internet feed isnt it?

Yes....I will be seated in from of my PC....beer in hand and some rabbit bratwurst on the grill!

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
It is upsetting that the athletic department and the university decided against televising this game. *is it too late for anyone to step in? *it was voted the game of the week by I-AA.org and also was runner-up for game of the year. *

This is an important game and I am disappointed it is not on statewide tv. *If the UND (who once again weasled into the playoffs at the expense of a more deserving team in USD) game against Duluth High is on statewide abc it will be a crock, just like UND making the playoffs. *

I don't think it is up to the Athletic Dept or the University. The real issue is whether or not anyone wants to pick it up and can sell the advertising to support it. I am sure the Athletic department worked hard to find TV coverage.....

Bisonfan1
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I'd expect many game day sales for this weekend as Fargo will be filled with Dakota Bowl fans (North Dakota high school football championships). *Many of these fans make a weekend out of the trip as they drive from central and western ND to Fargo. *Hopefully they'll decide to go to the rivalry game!

A very Golden Opportunity to market the NDSU-SDSU game to these people to stay and watch the game that evening, get them in the lots, sell lots of tickets to these folks. Throw in a Bison commercial or 2 on the video boards advertising this game during the High School games. This game should be a sell out.

Bisonfan1
11-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes....I will be seated in from of my PC....beer in hand and some rabbit bratwurst on the grill!
And very good rabbit bratwursts at that, can still taste them from the montana state game !!

coloradobison
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM

me too!!....minus the brats

GFBisonFan
11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Bison 28
Rabbits 21

attendance 16800

Bisonguy
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
And very good rabbit bratwursts at that, can still taste them from the montana state game !!

++ MMMMMmmmmmmm...... MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm..........

jack100
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Bison took the Jacks lightly last year = Jacks win. This year - Bison still not giving Jacks much respect. Prediction - Jacks win for the 1st time in over 40 years in Fargo. All streaks come to an end.

The Jacks are also an improved team from last year. SDSU does have 4 losses, but look at the four losses. According to the AGS poll - #2 Montana - 7-0, #8 Texas State - 42-14, #9 Georgia Southern 54-42, & #12 Caly Poly 24-16. All very solid teams. Sure the Bison should probably considered the favorite especially being being at home but this should be an evenly matched game.

Jacks 31 - Bison 20.

89rabbit
11-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Man I wouldn't want to be part of the Bison team that let the streak die. No presure Bison. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

BisonBacker
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Bison took the Jacks lightly last year = Jacks win. *This year - Bison still not giving Jacks much respect. *Prediction - Jacks win for the 1st time in over 40 years in Fargo. *All streaks come to an end.

The Jacks are also an improved team from last year. *SDSU does have 4 losses, but look at the four losses. *According to the AGS poll - #2 Montana - 7-0, #8 Texas State - 42-14, #9 Georgia Southern 54-42, & #12 Caly Poly 24-16. *All very solid teams. *Sure the Bison should probably considered the favorite especially being being at home but this should be an evenly matched game.

Jacks 31 - Bison 20.
I don't know how you can say an evenly matched game and then predict a 11 point win on the road. *I think it will be a close game, much closer then 11 points but I do predict a Bison win. *Bison are not taking SDSU lightly. *We know you have a good team but we are no slouch either. *3 losses to good teams, Cal-Poly, Cal-Davis and Montana State. *I just hope both teams play up to their potential, if they do it will be a wail of a game. *I will be there and hopefully for the first time this year the dome will be rocking.

89rabbit
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Thought you Bison fans might enjoy this story:

http://www.kusports.com/news/football/story/115988

Kansas defeats Nebraska 40-15
Jayhawks snap 36-year losing streak to Huskers

By Andy Samuelson, Online Sports Editor

Saturday, November 5, 2005

Memorial Stadium's goal posts fell again and so did 36 years of frustration.

Kansas University's football team broke its long losing streak to Nebraska Saturday with a 40-15 victory in front of a record crowd of 51,750.

A swarm of fans -- some holding signs which read "It ends today." -- swarmed the field as soon as the contest ended, taking both sets of goal posts to Potter Lake. . . .

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

NDSUstudent
11-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Attendance: 17,000-18,000

This is the biggest game of the year and I think there is going to be a big crowd. Student section will be packed and rocking hopefully the rest of the dome will be the same on Saturday.

jack100
11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't know how you can say an evenly matched game and then predict a 11 point win on the road. I think it will be a close game, much closer then 11 points but I do predict a Bison win. Bison are not taking SDSU lightly. We know you have a good team but we are no slouch either. 3 losses to good teams, Cal-Poly, Cal-Davis and Montana State. I just hope both teams play up to their potential, if they do it will be a wail of a game. I will be there and hopefully for the first time this year the dome will be rocking.

In my book - 11 points is a close game. One or two plays in the game make the difference.

JACKGUYII
11-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't think the people that count in Bisonland (players and coaches) are taking the Jacks lightly just a few overzealous fans on this site.

Flintstone
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
A victory by 11? I believe that would be the second worst margin of defeat since coach Bohl was hired. Not going to happen. If the bison offense plays well, it's a Bison victory by 21, if they don't, it will be a close game but still a Bison victory.

Gamehunter
11-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Man I wouldn't want to be part of the Bison team that let the streak die. No presure Bison. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Or a part of any of the Jacks teams since the early 60's that have always taken a backseat to the Bison. ;)

Gamehunter
11-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Thought you Bison fans might enjoy this story:

http://www.kusports.com/news/football/story/115988

Kansas defeats Nebraska 40-15
Jayhawks snap 36-year losing streak to Huskers

By Andy Samuelson, Online Sports Editor

Saturday, November 5, 2005

Memorial Stadium's goal posts fell again and so did 36 years of frustration.

Kansas University's football team broke its long losing streak to Nebraska Saturday with a 40-15 victory in front of a record crowd of 51,750.

A swarm of fans -- some holding signs which read "It ends today." -- swarmed the field as soon as the contest ended, taking both sets of goal posts to Potter Lake. . . .

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

I don't know if to many people are overly surprised by that one. Nebraska isn't the "NEBRASKA" that we have all become so used to. Maine, a middle of the road A-10 team put up one heck of a fight in Lincoln earlier this year.

89rabbit
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Or a part of any of the Jacks teams since the early 60's that have always taken a backseat to the Bison. * ;)

http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2004/sdsu_ndsu/images/5.jpg

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

BisonBacker
11-07-2005, 10:45 PM

Go Jackrabbits! *;D
Take a good look at that Marker. You won't be seeing it for a long time after this weekend. But just think you can keep looking at that picture or come up to Fargo to see the real thing. ;D

Big_BisonFan
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

The picture makes me sick inside. The Jacks better have enjoyed its time in Brookings, cuz it ain't going back.

JACKGUYII
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
This is a much better Jackrabbitt team than the one the Bison faced last year. The question that will be answered on Saturday is it a better Bison team this year?

JACKGUYII
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
For all the boasting about how the Bison are going to crush the Jacks I thought it would be interesting to look at our common opponents this year.

Cal Poly
Bison lose 37-6 Jacks lose 24-16

UC Davis
Bison lose 20-14 Jacks win 16-14

Southern Utah
Bison win 37-21 Jacks win 55-7

Seems to me based on the above the Jacks should feel good about our ability to play with the Bison.

roadwarrior
11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe there are some (or many) Bison fans that are underestimating the Rabbits, but I do not believe there is a single Bison coach or player that has that same feeling.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
This is a much better Jackrabbitt team than the one the Bison faced last year. The question that will be answered on Saturday is it a better Bison team this year?

You will see a better Bison team then what you saw last year at Brookings. Over the past two years the Bison defense is giving up a meager 9 points per game at home and the Bison are a better team with Walker at the helm instead of Stauss. Also I wouldn't look to far into common opponents because just look at these scores from last year:

NDSU-25
UC Davis-7

SDSU-0
UC Davis-52

I think the Jacks are a good team and the game will be close but I wouldn't underestimate just how bad NDSU wants to win this game and if the jacks start off slow they could be in for some trouble.

JACKGUYII
11-08-2005, 12:38 AM
If the Jacks big line opens some big holes early and Watson gets on a roll the Bison are in big trouble. I think Josh davis is one of the top 3 recievers in the league.

Gamehunter
11-08-2005, 01:06 AM
If the Jacks big line opens some big holes early and Watson gets on a roll the Bison are in big trouble. I think Josh davis is one of the top 3 recievers in the league.

I tend to like that matchup between your "big" 'ol lineman and our defensive Juggernauts that have a habbit of stymieing the run. Just ask Nichols State which averages well over 400 yards on the ground how hard it is to run in the dome. Or even UNC, albiet not top shelf material, but one which boasted a powerfull running game untill this past weekend.

Simply put, you better hope your quarterback can throw on Saturday because he will need to in order to win.

WYOBISONMAN
11-08-2005, 01:15 AM
For all the boasting about how the Bison are going to crush the Jacks I thought it would be interesting to look at our common opponents this year.

Cal Poly
Bison lose 37-6 Jacks lose 24-16

UC Davis
Bison lose 20-14 Jacks win 16-14

Southern Utah
Bison win 37-21 Jacks win 55-7

Seems to me based on the above the Jacks should feel good about our ability to play with the Bison.

My pick was more of a "gut instinct" than statistically based....... ;)

sambini
11-08-2005, 02:54 AM
That Bison defense will roll all over those pesky rabbits...

kchats
11-08-2005, 04:07 AM
The Nebraska streak was 36 years home and away. You beat the Bison last year and this Bison team is better in division I-AA than Nebraska is in division I-A. It should be a good game and I am looking forward to watching it on the web.

89rabbit
11-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Don't go getting all literal on me. I was just using the KU streak to point out all streaks end. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Gamehunter
11-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Don't go getting all literal on me. I was just using the KU streak to point out all streaks end. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Point taken, kind of like the streak we ended this year at Northwestern State.

BisonMav
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
The Nebraska streak was 36 years home and away. *You beat the Bison last year and this Bison team is better in division I-AA than Nebraska is in division I-A. *It should be a good game and I am looking forward to watching it on the web.

SDSU is better in I-AA than Kansas is in I-A too. This will be a UCD type game. Bison need to be up for it.

coloradobison
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
i really can't see the players thinking this was a successful season unless they beat the rabbits this week. i just think that if at the end of the year they look back and see a L to SDSU, it will be a long summer for the guys.

bisonmike
11-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Bison took the Jacks lightly last year = Jacks win. *This year - Bison still not giving Jacks much respect. *Prediction - Jacks win for the 1st time in over 40 years in Fargo. *All streaks come to an end..

Jeez, what do we have to do to show some respect to the bunnies? Should we hang a banner with them hoisting the dakota marker in the Fargodome or what? I think NDSU, at least the players and coaches, are showing respect. I know they remember who won last years game.

swany_spectrum
11-08-2005, 06:21 PM
After peering into my crystal ball I've seen a clear vision of how this game will unfold. Bison come out pumped, come out rollin from the excitement, a year of hearing about what happened in Brookings last fall, and hungry.

The Dome will be loud. SDSU will not be ready for the crowd noise. This coupled with a big play will shake them early. Don't forget that we had SDSU on the ropes last year but could not get anything going offensively.

It appears the 1-2 punch of Steffes & Chapman is back and NDSU is firing on all cylinders now. With that said, SDSU is as well. The Bison will win, the only question is by how much. (insert whining, cry baby noises from Jacks fans. why, if you don't pick us to win you are disrespecting us...) The Bison are tough in the Dome (and are a different team).

Last year was a fluke. The Dakota Marker comes home. It will be a heckuva football game...can't wait!!!

To you oppressed, downtrodden SDSU fans. Your program has come a very long way since getting beat up week-to-week in the NCC. It is good to see you are competitive. But one win and some of you see fit to claim that you are the greatest up & coming football program this side of the Mississippi. Keep it in perspective for what it really was, a single win. With that said, I have an urge to call you all knuckleheads, but am hoping for a good game Saturday.

Flintstone
11-09-2005, 06:00 PM
If you look at SDSU's stats and throw out the cupcakes on their schedule, they are not that impressive. Pretty average actually. Add to that, they haven't won a game on the road this year (Sioux Falls is not on the road), I think the Bison are a better team on both sides of the ball and this will be shown on Saturday. The more I think about it, the more it looks like the Bison will win big.

swany_spectrum
11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
++++++++++

markerman
11-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Jacks Suck. *I hope we bury them. *They are a bunch of NDSU wannabes. *They're from a town in the sticks, have a mediocre stadium and a horrible nickname. *The NCAA should ban the nickname for being "childish and lame." The only thing they have going for themselves is their band and their famous kicker. *As Swany said, they are a bunch of knuckleheads.

The Marker is coming to its rightful home. *I just hope I get to see it at some point! *

bisonmike
11-09-2005, 06:55 PM
they have a tough running game and at times this year we haven't looked the best against the run. If they control the game by successfully running the ball we are in trouble. If our defense gets them into 3rd and long and 3 and outs it's a bison victory.

insane_ponderer
11-09-2005, 07:09 PM
The only thing they have going for themselves is their band and their famous kicker. *

there is nothing more that i enjoy when my dislike of a pro football team and its players (new england) overlaps with my dislike for a college team and its players (sdsu) i am fairly certain if vinatiari would show up at the fargodome i would beat him and tie him up in the back of the green monster.

markerman
11-09-2005, 07:13 PM
there is nothing more that i enjoy when my dislike of a pro football team and its players (new england) overlaps with my dislike for a college team and its players (sdsu) i am fairly certain if vinatiari would show up at the fargodome i would beat him and tie him up in the back of the green monster.

+++++++++
That is hilarious (and true)...

Flintstone
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
they have a tough running game and at times this year we haven't looked the best against the run. *If they control the game by successfully running the ball we are in trouble. *If our defense gets them into 3rd and long and 3 and outs it's a bison victory.

They only average 163yds/gm rushing if you only count the Scholarship I AA programs. They give up 209yds/gm to these same teams. The 246yds/gm listed in the press release is misleading.

89rabbit
11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
They only average 163yds/gm rushing if you only count the Scholarship I AA programs. *They give up 209yds/gm to these same teams. *The 246yds/gm listed in the press release is misleading.

Chris Kelly thinks the Rabbits can run.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010&page=2

Chris Kelly wrote:

Here my picks this week since there is no column (vacation)

While most people like the Bison this week, I think SDSU wins a close one on Saturday. Their ability to run the ball pretty much against any defense has been impressive this season. Even with patchwork offensive lines at times they've run very well against good defensive fronts of Cal Poly, UCD, GSU, and even ran well against Texas St (even though they lost big) I don't see that changing this week, even in the hostile confines of the Fargo Dome. They gouge teams for big running yards which will force NDSU to commit eight to the box. As teams have been forced to do this the past couple weeks, safeties have crept up and Josh Davis, with single coverage on the outside, has been the benefactor with big games. (run on sentence) I think SDSU can run whether Kardoes or Berry is out there, but beleive they'll score enough to top the Bison in another nailbiter. SDSU 30 NDSU 27 . . .

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Flintstone
11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
I read CK's comments earlier. He too is missing the fact that your stats are pumped up by your cupcake schedule. I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday.

89rabbit
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I read CK's comments earlier. *He too is missing the fact that your stats are pumped up by your cupcake schedule. *I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday.

To me, Chris seemed to be focused in on all the Top 20 teams we played.

Chris Kelly Wrote:

"Their ability to run the ball pretty much against any defense has been impressive this season. Even with patchwork offensive lines at times they've run very well against good defensive fronts of Cal Poly, UCD, GSU, and even ran well against Texas St (even though they lost big) I don't see that changing this week, even in the hostile confines of the Fargo Dome."

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

JACKGUYII
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I read CK's comments earlier. *He too is missing the fact that your stats are pumped up by your cupcake schedule. *I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday.

How can you call a schedule against Texas State,Montana,Georgia Southern,Cal Poly,Cal Davis be a cupcake schedule? SUU was one of the worst teams I saw all year and you struggled against them and we throttled them 55-7!

NDSUstudent
11-09-2005, 09:42 PM
How can you call a schedule against Texas State,Montana,Georgia Southern,Cal Poly,Cal Davis be a cupcake schedule? SUU was one of the worst teams I saw all year and you struggled against them and we throttled them 55-7!

I don't think NDSU really struggled with SUU at least not as bad as bad your making it seem like. Also I think NDSU will have the best defense SDSU will face this year and I think it will be interesting in seeing what happens. SDSU struggled against two similar ranked defenses on the road against Montana and Texas St.

Bisonguy
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Apples and oranges- SDSU played SUU at home, NDSU played on the road.

Beyond that, the comparative scores are worth the paper you wrote them on. The NDSU/SDSU scores vs. UCD last year prove that.

Steph_Popowski
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
It will be a new game, new area, and 2 differents teams on a new day...anything can happen!!! Some teams have good days and bad- I hoping that the Bison have a great day and beat the 'Bunnies'!!
GO BISON!!!
It will be fun to see the SD boys play against the some of the same kids as they did in high school- oh times have changed!!
I think that the BISON 'D' will be the leaders of the game and if that is the case...oh my-I hope that SDSU is ready!!
Congrats- to SDSU for the good season they are having-it is helpful for the non-believers that didn't think the bunnies would even win a game in the new conf.-
GO BISON!!! :)

eflieth
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
NDSU will run over the easter bunnies just like every other team that has any legitamate form of a running game has done to the folks from brookings

Flintstone
11-09-2005, 10:13 PM

That is not the part of your schedule I was calling a cupcake schedule. It was the other games (UW Lacrosse, Valpo & MO Rolla)

eflieth
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
If sdsu is such a great rushing defense how do you explain giving up 6 rushing tds in one game (texas St) and 8 in another (ga southern) don't give me the "well they are a run orientated offense" cause a good rushing defense wouldn't allow that many touchdowns

Big_BisonFan
11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Two words should describe this weekend's game.

Dog Fight

Can't wait for the game. Both teams are doing well late in the year. Damn it will be a good one.

JBB
11-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Last I checked CK was good, but he didnt guess them all correctly.

JACKGUYII
11-09-2005, 11:28 PM
It will be a new game, new area, and 2 differents teams on a new day...anything can happen!!! *Some teams have good days and bad- I hoping that the Bison have a great day and beat the 'Bunnies'!!
GO BISON!!!
It will be fun to see the SD boys play against the some of the same kids as they did in high school- oh times have changed!!
I think that the BISON 'D' will be the leaders of the game and if that is the case...oh my-I hope that SDSU is ready!!
Congrats- to SDSU for the good season they are having-it is helpful for the non-believers that didn't think the bunnies would even win a game in the new conf.-
GO BISON!!! :)

I think the only non-believers who thought the Jacks wouldn't win a game in the conference are in Fargo. We proved that by beating you last year. I do not think the Bison defense is the best one we faced this year nor are the Bison even close to the fastest team we faced this year.

insane_ponderer
11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Two words should describe this weekend's game.

Dog Fight

Can't wait for the game. Both teams are doing well late in the year. Damn it will be a good one.

I can't wait to listen in on the radio, wish i could be there in the rig.

Steph_Popowski
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
It should be interesting!!! When the Bison 'D' are on they are hard to stop!! You can think what you what...just saying what I think! Isn't this what our Bison site is about saying our opinion...And about speed, well, all I can say it that the Bison have too many options out there on the field and you never now which Bison player is about to make a BIG play!! We don't just depend on our running or passing game-You don't have to be the fastest team (but we have speed) to win; it's about making plays and making things happen on the field. I'm just saying that is is going to be an interesting game- But in the end, I'm thinking the Bison are going to win-coming from a Bison fan that is posting on a Bison site!! :)

CK
11-10-2005, 03:25 AM
Like I said earlier - it seems every time I go against the Bison they prove me wrong. Whenever I pick them in tough games though is when they lose.

This game should be a great game either way. Last year's win will have the Bison's attention, as well as a less than desirable performance the last time a tough team visited Fargo just a couple weeks backs.

I still beleive that SDSU will run the ball well. It's tough not to think that considering they had a 100-yard back every game this season, except Montana. They've done it with a beat up offensive line, which was most impressive. Koenig and Watson are a great one two punch. If NDSU can even just contain the run, they'll be in good shape. Kardoes is not like a Jon Grant - in that he can come into the FargoDome and win a game without a running attack. The run opens everything up for this offense. I really feel the Bison D against the Jacks run attack is the biggest key to the game.

I'm not real worried about the NDSU offense - they'll get their points. I think a fairly high scoring game is won by the Jacks b/c the run it well this weekend. NDSU needs to score first, and get the crowd riled up.

If SDSU loses it's because the Bison did a great job against the run.

kchats
11-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Georgia Southern has defensive line problems this year. Their defense isn't even close to what they are accustomed to.

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 05:17 AM
And yet they beat the #1 team in I-AA last weekend . . . go figure.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

kchats
11-10-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm just saying running on their defense hasn't been a problem for anyone this year. If you read the national I-AA pages they all talk about how the Georgia Southern defensive line is very weak this season. Nothing impressive about being able to run on them while playing them at home.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 05:26 AM
it seems like everybody who has been number one has lost the next week talk about parity.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 05:37 AM
i just think the bison defense will cause turnovers. the bunnies have 11 lost fumbles this year and i think the quick bison d on the quick fargodome turf will be a factor but its a rivalry game so who knows, i do know is that even if the bison play bend and don't break when it comes to the ground game i think they will be fine cause i don't think the bunnies can win with kardoes alone with his sub 50 completion percentage and berry is a good qb but this will be the first big time environment his played in so i will go with the bison

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm just saying running on their defense hasn't been a problem for anyone this year. *If you read the national I-AA pages they all talk about how the Georgia Southern defensive line is very weak this season. *Nothing impressive about being able to run on them while playing them at home.

And all I am saying is their D was good enough to beat the #1 team in the land and the Eagles are currently ranked #10 in the nation so they must not be too bad. ;)

The Sports Network I-AA Football Rankings
(As of 11/07/2005)
Rank School W-L Points Prev
1 UNH (57) 8-1 2634 2
2 Hampton (44) 9-2 2531 3
3 Montana (4) 7-2 2458
4 Southern Illinois 7-2 2327 5
5 UMass 7-2 2074 8
6 Furman 7-2 2058 1
7 Texas State 7-2 1882 10
8 Appalachian State (3) 6-3 1845 7
9 Coastal Carolina 8-1 1800 9
10 Georgia Southern 7-3 1694 14
11 Montana State 6-3 1559 12
12 Western Kentucky 6-3 1430 6
13 Lehigh 7-2 1409 13
14 UNI 6-3 1370 17
15 Cal Poly 6-3 1244 18
16 Grambling State 7-1 1002 19
17 South Carolina State 7-2 866 20
18 Richmond 6-3 699 23
19 Youngstown State 7-3 697 15
20 Brown 7-1 643 22
21 Eastern Washington 5-4 605 11
22 North Dakota State 6-3 567 24
23 Eastern Illinois 7-2 513 25
24 William & Mary 5-4 217 16
25 James Madison 5-4 168 NR

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

JBB
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes, but SDSU didnt beat GSU. In fact, the game was never in doubt but not an embarassment. Its tough to draw conclusions considering the motivation of the GSU defense was to keep you guys under 50. Thats not say Watson and SDSU wont bring a good running game. We experienced it first hand last yr and you have earned respect this season. I still see the edge for NDSU in almost every catagory. Its thin but its amplified by homefield advantage.

Bison_Dan
11-10-2005, 01:12 PM
The game will be decided on who wins on the line of scrimmage.

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Yes, but SDSU didnt beat GSU. *In fact, the game was never in doubt but not an embarassment. * Its tough to draw conclusions considering the motivation of the GSU defense was to keep you guys under 50. *Thats not say Watson and SDSU wont bring a good running game. *We experienced it first hand last yr and you have earned respect this season. *I still see the edge for NDSU in almost every catagory. *Its thin but its amplified by homefield advantage. *

I beg to differ, the score at half was GSU 21 - SDSU 14. As a matter of fact the score was tied in the 3rd Qtr. So in fact this game was in question. I am sorry that the Bison haven't played as many top 10 teams as the Jackrabbits this season, but that is no reason to put those quality schools down or dog on the efforts of the Jackrabbits. ::)

Go South Dakota State! ;D

Bison_Dan
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I beg to differ, the score at half was GSU 21 - SDSU 14. *As a matter of fact the score was tied in the 3rd Qtr. *So in fact this game was in question. *I am sorry that the Bison haven't played as many top 10 teams as the Jackrabbits this season, but that is no reason to put those quality schools down or dog on the efforts of the Jackrabbits. *::)

Go South Dakota State! *;D

I'm sorry that we didn't play as many dii and diii teams as the jacks did.

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not the one trying to convince people that #10 Georgia Southern is having an "off year".

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

TheBisonator
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Jacks fans, that your team came within 13 points of beating Georgia Southern. Here's your cookie. Here's another cookie for coming within 8 points of beating Cal-Poly. Allz I'm looking for is WINS, personally. And against I-AA teams, NDSU has FIVE and SDSU has 3 (and I'm GIVING you folks Valparaiso). Let's take a look at your team and ours, shall we??

SDSU 3-4 against I-AA:

W against a non-scholly Valpo team at home
L at a tough (playoff-bound) Montana team (here's another cookie)
L at home against a tough (playoff bound) Cal-Poly team
L at Texas State, got reamed right up the a@#$%
W at home, a close one, against a good Cal-Davis team (I'll give you that one)
L at home against a tough (playoff-bound) Georgia Southern team
W at home against a sorry Southern Utah team

NDSU 5-3 against I-AA:

W Convincing win over a very good NW St. team ON THE ROAD
W at home, a SHUTOUT against a decent Weber St. team
L in the last minutes at a playoff-bound Montana State team
W at home against a good Nicholls State team
L at playoff-bound Cal-Poly, an embarrassing loss
L at home against a good Cal-Davis team
W ON THE ROAD at a bad So. Utah team
W Shutout smackdown at home against a bad No. Colorado team

So as you can see, numbers don't lie. You beat one fully-funded I-AA team, one partially-schollied I-AA team and one non-scholly I-AA team. Meanwhile, we beat FOUR fully-schollied I-AA teams and one partial-schollied I-AA team.

Have fun in Fargo.

Gully
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Maybe this is turning into a rivalry after all.

I think if NDSU can't stop the run they could be in big trouble. Having said that, I think they will stop the run and will win in a close game.

If they get a lead early and force a few turnovers they could win by 3 scores but I expect a closer game than that.

I hope I can stay somewhat sober until 6PM so I can actually watch the game. I think I missed a few plays last week and annoyed Bison Country when I kept asking, "what happened?"

Chubs Pub in the AM!

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Congratulations Jacks fans, that your team came within 13 points of beating Georgia Southern. Here's your cookie. Here's another cookie for coming within 8 points of beating Cal-Poly. Allz I'm looking for is WINS, personally. And against I-AA teams, NDSU has FIVE and SDSU has 3 (and I'm GIVING you folks Valparaiso). Let's take a look at your team and ours, shall we??

SDSU 3-4 against I-AA:

W against a non-scholly Valpo team at home Not Ranked
L at a tough (playoff-bound) Montana team (here's another cookie) *#3
L at home against a tough (playoff bound) Cal-Poly team #15
L at Texas State, got reamed right up the a@#$% *#7
W at home, a close one, against a good Cal-Davis team (I'll give you that one) since they beat NDSU at the Fargo Dome
L at home against a tough (playoff-bound) Georgia Southern team #10
W at home against a sorry Southern Utah team Huge win 55-7 against a team that gave NDSU all it wanted

NDSU 5-4 against I-AA:

W Convincing win over a very good NW St. team ON THE ROAD *Not ranked
W at home, a SHUTOUT against a decent Weber St. team *Not ranked
L in the last minutes at a playoff-bound Montana State team #11 here is your cookie
W at home against a good Nicholls State team *Not ranked
L at playoff-bound Cal-Poly, an embarrassing loss #15
L at home against a good Cal-Davis team *Not ranked
W Shutout smackdown at home against a bad No. Colorado team *Not Ranked

So as you can see, numbers don't lie.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, and we have this . *. *.

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/200410066-marker.jpg

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

JBB
11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, you do, but remember, you have to pay to transport it to Fargo. I would only buy a one way ticket for it if I were you. :D

Gamehunter
11-10-2005, 04:01 PM
tick....toc....tick....toc....tick....toc

That is the sound of time running out bunny fans. Don't look now, but 1964 was 41 years ago. :-X

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical Bison fan living in your storied past. I like the more recent history of the Jacks winning 2 of the last 3.

BisonBacker
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Typical Bison fan living in your storied past. I like the more recent history of the Jacks winning 2 of the last 3.
It's fine to be proud and happy that your team is doing well this year but give me a break, your not exactly coming from a storied football past as a power in Division II. You were a UNC weakling for many years. When your team has a few years of experience under their belt in DI and you have proven to be a winner year in and year out then you can come on here and brag. But until then your schools football history is less then stellar. ;D

Green-N-Gold
11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
All you guys that complain about us looking at our storied past is BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE! You only wish you could do the same. Give yourselves another 30-40 years and then come back and we'll talk.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
no kidding its like saying ahh screw our football tradition we suck cause we've lost to sdsu 2 out of the last 3. is it bad the bison fans have pride in our team and are proud of our history and tradition if its a crime then get the chair ready cause i'm guilty

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
It's fine to be proud and happy that your team is doing well this year but give me a break, your not exactly coming from a storied football past as a power in Division II. *You were a UNC weakling for many years. *When your team has a few years of experience under their belt in DI and you have proven to be a winner year in and year out then you can come on here and brag. *But until then your schools football history is less then stellar. ;D

And you guys prance around like you have actually accomplished more than the Jacks in DIAA football. Be a little more humble if it's possible and remember just because you had dominated SDSU in the past doesn't mean that will be automatically happen in this new era. It's no different than in Men's Basketball as I would think you would agree we have a little more storied traditon in the NCC and DII than NDSU yet that will do nothing to assist in winning games in the future in DI.

BisonBacker
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
So I can use your own quote against you then?
Typical Jacks Fan living in their storied past!! ;)

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
NDSU should win this game in front of a partisan home crowd, 21 more scholarships and Border Marker on the line. I do think both teams are better than last year and the Jacks who were blown out in two games last year on the road (Cal Davis and Georgia Southern) have come back to beat Cal Davis 16-14 and play Georgia Southern very tough in a 55-42 loss. The Jacks will not be intimidated as they have played in similiar tough venues in the last 2 years ie. Montana,Montana State,Georgia Southern,Southern,Texas State...

MN_BISONS
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
And you guys prance around like you have actually accomplished more than the Jacks in DIAA football. Be a little more humble if it's possible and remember just because you had dominated SDSU in the past doesn't mean that will be automatically happen in this new era. It's no different than in Men's Basketball as I would think you would agree we have a little more storied traditon in the NCC and DII than NDSU yet that will do nothing to assist in winning games in the future in DI.

Well, NDSU has done more in DI-AA than SDSU has to date. Finished in top 25 last year and have been ranked high this year and we are currently ranked in the top 25 now and we will be after November 12th, SDSU won't be. I don't think you'll hear too many NDSU fans disagree with you on your basketball point, it is well taken; NDSU does not have the tradition in Mens hoops like SDSU.
Bison 38 Rabbits 24

eflieth
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
NDSU should win this game in front of a partisan home crowd, 21 more scholarships and Border Marker on the line. I do think both teams are better than last year and the Jacks who were blown out in two games last year on the road (Cal Davis and Georgia Southern) have come back to beat Cal Davis 16-14 and play Georgia Southern very tough in a 55-42 loss. The Jacks will not be intimidated as they have played in similiar tough venues in the last 2 years ie. Montana,Montana State,Georgia Southern,Southern,Texas State...

and lost to all of them might i add,in fact since the move you are 2-9 on the road

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Just for the Record, we did beat Southern in Baton Rouge, and we are 2-7 on the Road since we moved to I-AA.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
And you will be at 5-5 on the road after playing Southern Illinois the last game of the year. Not exactly the making of a storied program yet!

NDSUstudent
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
And you will be at 5-5 on the road after playing Southern Illinois the last game of the year. Not exactly the making of a storied program yet!

Who said anything about SIU beating us? It will be a tough game for NDSU but SIU isn't exactly unbeatable.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Index.cfm

TheBisonator
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry, but the day SDSU wins a share of the GWFC title is the day I shoot a public transit bus out of my a@#$%.

You have NO chance Saturday, Bunnies.

SDSU 20
NDSU 42

The Marker takes a trip to Fargo and STAYS THERE.

Deal with it.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Who said anything about SIU beating us? It will be a tough game for NDSU but SIU isn't exactly unbeatable.

And neither are the Bison at home contrary to many of the opinions on this board.

swany_spectrum
11-10-2005, 06:24 PM
if you jacks are so great, and all the media you cite claim you are such a good team, then why aren't you even in the Top 25 poll? *your grid iron power index is what, in the 30s? *

the Bison win big saturday--you have not faced a defense remotely as good as NDSUs this year. *you defense is weak, bison o-line gives steffes et al room to run and walker picks apart your feeble excuse for a secondary. *then, after we win, and hoist the dakota marker high we can all share a beer in the tailgating area and toast this rivalry. *

as much as i dislike you bunnies, damnit, i respect you!

ps...did anyone see mcfeely's column today. in the spirit of his article i tried to write one entiteld "McFeelys Best Articles." A tough task to say the least. I don't think it can be done. Wasn't McFeely the same guy who touted to the heavens how this move to DI wouldn't work? rivalry games are defined by fans, players, etc, not by wayward sports columnists. i know a few people who use his columns to line liter boxes and bird cages.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
southern is a joke

eflieth
11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
and so is mcfeely that was a lazy article i love it when he tries to be all cute and funny when it always backfires on him. he really put that moorhead state education to the test on this one

kchats
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Or you could look at it that SDSU and NDSU have each won 2 out of the last 4 games. Why drop the game that preceded the others because NDSU won? It seems to me the teams have been winning at home in this series lately and after this weekend the Bison will have won 2 out of 3 or still 2 out of 4 which says every other year the other team wins. Until a team strings two wins in a row together there isn't a team winning more than the other they are both just winning at home. ;D

eflieth
11-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Or you could look at it that SDSU and NDSU have each won 2 out of the last 4 games. *Why drop the game that preceded the others because NDSU won? *It seems to me the teams have been winning at home in this series lately and after this weekend the Bison will have won 2 out of 3 or still 2 out of 4 which says every other year the other team wins. *Until a team strings two wins in a row together there isn't a team winning more than the other they are both just winning at home. ;D

well said

jackmd
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I thought I was dreaming the other day when reading some posts on the AGS board. *A Bison fan called Jacks' fans overconfident. *He was serious!!

The posts by Bison fans under this thread wreak of overconfidence!

Who the hell cares about the polls or last year or any common opponents? *We are talking about the game in the dome on Saturday. *We are all aware of the NDSU tradition and the mediocre performances (dreadful in Fargo) of the SDSU FB past. *None of that matters.

No way the Bison blow out SDSU. *If the spread is > 10 the Jacks win. *If the Bison D is a solid as billed then the Jacks need to hold the Bison to under 17 points. *If its the Bison D that gave up 37 to SLO, 20 to UCD, and 21 to SUU we might put 30+ on the board.

Bison are favored via the homefield/homecrowd advantage but not by much. *I think the Jacks are equal to the task. *This game will be decided by MO and TO's. *If we score early, play solid 1st and 2nd drive defense and have any passing game at all the Jacks win.

SDSU 20
NDSU 13

Gamehunter
11-10-2005, 06:42 PM
And neither are the Bison at home contrary to many of the opinions on this board.

JackguyII, are you in the 10% society? cuz that is what it takes to beat the Bison in the Dome. We have already lost one in the dome, to a team that beat Stanford....Are you really feeling that lucky?

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 06:43 PM
You guys are really into your polls. I believe NDSU shows up there more because of your reputation respect for your tradition. If you look at what has taken place on the field than SDSU also belongs. If our defense is so bad which you will find is not the case on Saturday than why did we give up just 16 to Cal Poly and you gave up 37. Why did we give up just a lone touchdown in the last minute to miserable SUU and they posted 21 on NDSU. We also held Montana to just 7 points.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
JackguyII, are you in the 10% society? *cuz that is what it takes to beat the Bison in the Dome. *We have already lost one in the dome, to a team that beat Stanford....Are you really feeling that lucky?

You mean that team we beat on a neutral field in Sioux Falls. We don't need to feel lucky we have the talent to beat the Bison if we play like we are capable. From all the rants I have been reading on this board I wonder how much of a home field advantage you will have if the Bison get down early and the crowd's not into the game. Your going to get a steady dose of our big offensive line and Anthony Watson.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
The question I have for many of the Bison fans on here who are posting these bold predictions is what do you really know about the 2005/2006 version of the Jacks other than the obvious scores and stats? I have not seen the Bison play this year and I would be willing to bet 99.9% of the fans on here have not seen the Jacks play. I know SDBison has and he saw a physical defensive battle between the Jacks and UC Davis that was dominated by the Jacks until the middle of the 4th quarter. This is not your NCC version of the Jacks and they will give the Bison all they want on Saturday and more.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
You guys are really into your polls. I believe NDSU shows up there more because of your reputation respect for your tradition. If you look at what has taken place on the field than SDSU also belongs. If our defense is so bad which you will find is not the case on Saturday than why did we give up just 16 to Cal Poly and you gave up 37. Why did we give up just a lone touchdown in the last minute to miserable SUU and they posted 21 on NDSU. We also held Montana to just 7 points.

I wouldn't call sioux falls a neutral field, i'm sure it was such a partisan crown it was still a home game it was played in south dakota. suu we beat them on the road cal poly was on the road and we beat montana the jacks haven't done anything that warrants me to say wow look out for them, most teams in the country probably say the same thing. winning only two games on the road in the last two years isn't breathtaking. the bison have won five in the last two years and some of them were ranked teams. there's nothing wrong with reputation just ask notre dame the past few years

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't call sioux falls a neutral field, i'm sure it was such a partisan crown it was still a home game it was played in south dakota. suu we beat them on the road cal poly was on the road and we beat montana the jacks haven't done anything that warrants me to say wow look out for them, most teams in the country probably say the same thing. winning only two games on the road in the last two years isn't breathtaking. the bison have won five in the last two years and some of them were ranked teams. there's nothing wrong with reputation just ask notre dame the past few years

Your win over Montana while impressive was 2 years ago. If we could say the Jacks and Bison played the same teams on the road in the same year than I guess we could come to some kind of conclusion. Your loss to a bad UNC team on the road last year was not one of the Bison's better moments.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
that loss to SUU last year then had to of been one of your better moments then. unc wasn't bad last year, they had some of the top talent in the country and played one of if not the toughest sched last year, they lost a bunch early and then packed it in who has gained more national respect from last year and this year, bison or bunnies? my guess is the bison

jackmd
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM

Nice, drop Notre Dame in there with NDSU. Tanks your credibility even further. You my friend have a lot of learning/growing up to do.

No one on this current SDSU team gives a damn about what NDSU did when they were DII. Stig included. I would suggest you get your tiny mind off of the polls, rankings, past, etc and get ready for an SDSU team that is primed to knock off your Bison this year, in the here-and-now.

Ask the respect question after this weekend. Bison win and they gain even more respect from me. Bison lose and the whining that goes on under posts like this

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=smack;action=display;num=1130157976

continues and NDSU and Bison fans lose my respect. Either way I'd say whoops has a lot of work to do.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't call the SUU game embarrasing as you beat them at home 27-21 and we lost to them on the road 23-17 in doubleovertime.

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
unc wasn't bad last year

So let me get this straight, last year's 2-9 UNC team wasn't bad and this years #10 ranked GSU Eagles aren't that good. *

So the rule is, when NDSU plays any team that team is rock solid, when SDSU plays any team that team sucks. *This base rule is only amplified depending on the out come of the game. *Now I get it. *::)

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

eflieth
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
NDSU-won
SDSU-lost

this isn't hockey there isnt a point for tying or losing in ot

jackmd
11-10-2005, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't call the SUU game embarrasing as you beat them at home 27-21 and we lost to them on the road 23-17 in doubleovertime.

Stop with the logic!! It doesn't work on a crazed Bison fan raised by crazed parents and surrounded by crazy peers. NDSU has been better than SDSU in the past therefore they are better now. To your average Bison that is fact.

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
NDSU-won
SDSU-lost

this isn't hockey there isnt a point for tying or losing in ot

No, no, no. *You have it wrong SDSU won the Bison lost.

Final Score

SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

P.S. I did get your point, I was having a little fun, so please don't explain it to me. ;)

eflieth
11-10-2005, 07:46 PM
i thought it was so wrong to dwell in the past

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 07:48 PM
i thought it was so wrong to dwell in the past

It's only wrong to dwell in your past. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

eflieth
11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
and this is coming from a sdsu guy posting on the ndsu board hmmmm interesting

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM

I see you have to be a Bison fan and agree with all the rheteroric to be welcome here on a SDSU vs NDSU thread.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 08:06 PM

This coming from a Bison fan with a moniker that is relevent to what?

eflieth
11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
none to you i guess just like there's no relevence to that picture of your boys in blue holding the marker because it will be awhile before that happens again

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 08:13 PM

It's just a joke. ::)

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/hulka.jpg

Lghten up Francis!

eflieth
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM
NDSU 31
SDSU 7

with the jacks lone score coming in garbage time. i hope that happens but i think the bison will win in a close one

MN_BISONS
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Well I guess you could say this is a good start to a rivalry between the two schools. I like guys from SDSU posting on this site, they have a bit of Napoleon syndrome, but other than that they are good fans. I think most people on this board respect the Jacks but if you guys think Bison fans are going to give you props on Marker week, you’re crazy. Read the posts before this week about the Jacks, most of it is positive. So easy on the respect issues boys, it’s Marker week and if you beat the Bison two years in a row and in the Dome, there is no doubt you will be getting some major respect not only here but all over DI-AA land.

eflieth
11-10-2005, 08:22 PM
exactly i wish sdsu all the best..... except when they play the bison

BisonBryce
11-10-2005, 08:39 PM
this is going to be a tough battle. in no way am I going to be overconfident about this matchup. sdsu is an improved team. bison by 2 pts

see you saturday at 1pm. i will be overconfident on a full west lot.

jackmd
11-10-2005, 08:53 PM
NDSU 31
SDSU * 7

with the jacks lone score coming in garbage time. *i hope that happens but i think the bison will win in a close one

One of three conclusions from posts like this:

1) Lack of respect (can't fault you completely for that)
2) Overconfidence (thats a bad weakness)
3) Smack talk (wrong forum)

I suspect it 3 but not everyone will be as understanding as I.

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 09:01 PM
NDSU 31
SDSU * 7

with the jacks lone score coming in garbage time. *i hope that happens but i think the bison will win in a close one

I think this post is a combination smack and lack of understanding of their opponent. I'm not clear what the Bison have done or the what the Jacks haven't done that would give any reasonable person the impression that the Bison are 24 points better than the Jacks even with the home field.

BisonBryce
11-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I agree jackguyII. therefore my very conservative prediction.

the reply that you quoted had:

" i hope that happens but i think the bison will win in a close one"

so not necessarily that they are 24 pt favorites.

CACTUS
11-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Only 52 1/2 hours till that Jacks lay the smack down to the bison. Cant wait, first trip to the dome, beer, buffalo, and bar hopping. See you all on Saturday.

insane_ponderer
11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
i would like to cordially invite all the sdsu fans to chubs and the turf after the game...because drowing your tears in a 32 oz at the turf makes everything better :)

Bisondad
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Not sure the Turf will be a good place for SDSU fans after the game, regardless of score!!!!!!!

Green-N-Gold
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
You guys are really into your polls. I believe NDSU shows up there more because of your reputation respect for your tradition. If you look at what has taken place on the field than SDSU also belongs.....

Records...

NDSU 6-3
SDSU 5-4

It ain't rocket science...with 4 losses in 9 games, you do NOT belong. (2 votes in the last ESPN poll)

TransAmBison
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Bison win 17-10. I think this game is going to come down to field position and turnovers. Two good defenses. The 12th man better be ready to make a difference!

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Records...

NDSU 6-3
SDSU 5-4

It ain't rocket science...with 4 losses in 9 games, you do NOT belong. *(2 votes in the last ESPN poll)

And I guess 3 losses in 9 games your in solid and you belong!

Green-N-Gold
11-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Not so sure about "solid" but yes, we're in. If you were 6-3 you'd surely be in as well and very deserving of it. I see no bias in this.

BisonBacker
11-10-2005, 10:09 PM

Maybe a little inferiority complex? ;)

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Not so sure about "solid" but yes, we're in. *If you were 6-3 you'd surely be in as well and very deserving of it. *I see no bias in this.

I agree. I don't think that NDSU is overrated. I also think it would be hard for a 5-4 team to be in the polls even if all four loses came to teams in the Top 20.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

roadwarrior
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Based on the number of posts on this thread today, I think productivity in the United States dropped quite a bit today!

But it looks like a typical fact filled and sensible argument between fans of any two schools ;D

IowaBison
11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
You think this is bad, Roadwarrior?

Thanks to the generosity of the American taxpayer I get tomorrow off with full pay.

JBB
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Others might feel differently, but I think its a rivalry. *Ive stayed at the Donaldson for the last 3 SDSU games, or maybe that last one was Valpo? *I cant remember, its hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, we are staying the weekend there and going to head out to the game from Downtown Fargo. *This Donaldson/SDSU thing has become a tradition. *

This game is for the Dacotah Marker, the holder of which is generally considered to be the best football team in the Dakotaz.

Here is the record:

Since 1974 we are 27-5 against the Jacks.

2003: *in Fargo 27-0
2004: In Brookings 24-21 in a thrilling comeback game. *One in a million, great effort by the jacks. 1st Undisputed College Football Champions of the Dacotahz. Given the Dakota Marker to guard until defeated.
2005: *has yet to be decided

NWSD
11-10-2005, 11:11 PM
This will be a close game coming down to big plays. A "some say struggling" Vartanian comes in and hits a go ahead field goal for a Bison win.

17-14

JACKGUYII
11-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Others might feel differently, but I think its a rivalry. *Ive stayed at the Donaldson for the last 3 SDSU games, or maybe that last one was Valpo? *I cant remember, its hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, we are staying the weekend there and going to head out to the game from Downtown Fargo. *This Donaldson/SDSU thing has become a tradition. *

This game is for the Dacotah Marker, the holder of which is generally considered to be the best football team in the Dakotaz.

Here is the record:

Since 1974 we are 27-5 against the Jacks.

2003: *in Fargo 27-0
2004: In Brookings 24-21 in a thrilling comeback game. *One in a million, great effort by the jacks. *1st Undisputed College Football Champions of the Dacotahz. *Given the Dakota Marker to guard until defeated.

2002-in Brookings Jacks win 25-20
2001-in Fargo Bison win in a shootout 45-38

89rabbit
11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Not so fast my friend . *. *.

2003: in Fargo 27-0
2004: In Brookings 24-21 in a thrilling comeback game. *One in a million, great effort by the jacks. *1st Undisputed College Football Champions of the Dacotahz. *Given the Dakota Marker to guard until defeated.

2003: in Fargo

NDSU 24 - SDSU 0

Don't try and tack on a phantom FG. *;)

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

JBB
11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Your right about that field goal. *As it turned out it was inconsequential! * :D

But really, I thought going back to that game was far enough. Anything else but going back to the beginning is arbitrary. Looking back at the last two games, home and away, we are even. The big win in Fargo, and the late season miracle last year in Brookings. I tell ya, if you watch long enough you see everything! :D

jackmd
11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Bison win 17-10. *I think this game is going to come down to field position and turnovers. *Two good defenses. *The 12th man better be ready to make a difference!

Sensible Bison fan, I agree. I like our all-american punter and his ability to consistently pin teams inside the 20 yard line. I see an excellent match-up. I hope the officials keep the flags in their pockets and let the lineman and DBs play aggresive,contact FB. My take remains:

SDSU 20
NDSU 13

NDSU ends the game with the ball and a chance.

Bisonguy
11-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Sensible Bison fan, I agree. *I like our all-american punter and his ability to consistently pin teams inside the 20 yard line. *I see an excellent match-up. *I hope the officials keep the flags in their pockets and let the lineman and DBs play aggresive,contact FB. *My take remains:

SDSU 20
NDSU 13

NDSU ends the game with the ball and a chance.

NDSU has the best officiating in the GWFC, possibly in all of I-AA. They will call a fair game.

Jacks02
11-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Based on the number of posts on this thread today, I think productivity in the United States dropped quite a bit today!

But it looks like a typical fact filled and sensible argument between fans of any two schools ;D

To quote Sambini:

++

Beware the Hare! ;D

Walrus
11-11-2005, 03:13 AM
I'm sorry, but the day SDSU wins a share of the GWFC title is the day I shoot a public transit bus out of my a@#$%.

You have NO chance Saturday, Bunnies.

SDSU 20
NDSU 42

The Marker takes a trip to Fargo and STAYS THERE.

Deal with it.

Bisonator,

That would be an amazing stunt. I'd like to see it (from a safe distance of course). Actually, you could probably get on Letterman, then the whole country could enjoy it.

;D ;D ;D

NDSU has had an outstanding D-II football program for many years and I am sure that they will continue that tradition in D-1AA. Much has been written on this and other boards about the great success that NDSU has enjoyed against SDSU in football over the past 40 years or so. The Official Athletic Site of the Great West Football Conference says that NDSU leads the series with SDSU 49-37-5. After 40 years of near domination the Bison lead the series by only12 games. That means that for at least half of that time NDSU was playing catch-up. If we look at history, we should look at all of it.

The outcome of this game will not be determined by the "storied past of the Bison" or by the Jacks previous lack of success against them. I am sure that the SDSU coaches and players are headed to Fargo for the sole purpose of winning a football game. They know they can win and intend to do so.

It is fun to compare scores of games with common opponents, but those comparisons don't mean much either. The player match ups and game plans are different between different opponents. Relative strengths and weaknesses at opposing positions are not the same in games with common opponents.

I have no basis for predicting a score. I believe that the game will be close, however if either team comes out flat or catches a couple bad breaks, it could be a blow-out either way. What the heck, I'll go out on a limb and predict a Jacks win on a late touchdown pass to Josh Davis.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry that I won't be able to attempt the metro transit bus trick, because after all, I don't have a BUFFALO BUTT!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GO RABBITS GO RABBITS GO RABBITS

jackmd
11-11-2005, 03:21 AM
You think this is bad, Roadwarrior?

Thanks to the generosity of the American taxpayer I get tomorrow off with full pay.

I will say this, tomorrow is an important day, off or not, to recognize our veterans. If there is any day that we as Americans should spend dedicated to our fellow Americans its tomorrow, Nov 11th.

Happy B-day to the Marine Core (230 years I believe).

All current and former members of our military have my support and I ask that they accept my gratitude. I may not agree with GWB but I fully support our troops.

TheBisonator
11-11-2005, 05:00 AM
All current and former members of our military have my support and I ask that they accept my gratitude. *I may not agree with GWB but I fully support our troops.

I agree wholeheartedly. Happy Vererans (and Armistice) Day to all.

Bisonfan1
11-11-2005, 07:12 AM
I will say this, tomorrow is an important day, off or not, to recognize our veterans. *If there is any day that we as Americans should spend dedicated to our fellow Americans its tomorrow, Nov 11th.

Happy B-day to the Marine Core (230 years I believe).

All current and former members of our military have my support and I ask that they accept my gratitude. *I may not agree with GWB but I fully support our troops.
Thank you JackMD, All the BS that goes on in this board is fun and entertainment, some take way too serious, and me included at times. Veterans day is to celebrate the men and women who are serving and have served in the US Armed Forces, me included, and my son now serving. Thanx to these folks, this game is being played Saturday and we will all enjoy win or lose. This is a game Saturday, the players fighting for victory, pride, bragging rights, the Dakota Marker, not their lives. I bet everyone on this board knows someone now serving in the Armed Forces and we all pray for their safe return. GO VETS, and GO BISON.

JBNJBQ
11-11-2005, 07:18 AM
http://www.icqgreetings.com/vetsday/usangeltxt.gif

Bisonfan1
11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
And thank you JBNJBQ. And now back to Football. I for one am not taking the Jacks lightly at all. I am extremely nervous about this game. Bison need to be running on all cylinders to win and so do the Jacks to win. I truly believe out of any game this year, the crowd needs to be in this game from start to finish and this could be the differance of winning or losing for the Bison. Encourage the people around you to put down their novel, put away the cross-stich, save the gossip for after the game, try and keep the eye's on the game while stuffing nacho's in their face. Maybe if some of these "socialite's" get into the game for once, they may just enjoy what they see, and may actually see that their participation has helped win a football game. Would that not be wonderful !! GO BISON. I think we will all see a very good football game on Saturday. Sucks to be you if you are not there. I smell a classic.

SUPERBUNNY
11-11-2005, 06:26 PM
The marker is on its way back to Brookings!

The Jacks are really hitting stride on offense which allows the D to be fresh when they are on the field.

Jacks 31
Bison 21

SUPERBUNNY

bison4life
11-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Heard from a reliable source that Marques johnson pulled his hamstring in practice this week and will probably be out for the rest of the season. :(

sambini
11-12-2005, 04:19 AM
The Bison will roll and hope you folks from south of the border come to Fargo. Spend money and help out the local economy.

gwendel
11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
In SD they are really hyping this game as SDSU's best shot at a Conference Championship since 1963. As good as the Bunnies were in NCC, I was surprised it had been that long since a conf. championship. (They were 2nd 5 times according to article below:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051112/SPORTS/311120006/1002/SPORTS

That makes this an even tougher game!

SiouxFallsJack
11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I gotta squeeze in a late prediction. Jacks win 26-23 on a FG with under a minute to play and the Bison run out of time at the Jack 40 yardline.

IH8daSioux
11-13-2005, 02:48 AM
HEY JACKMD or whoever you are..

YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.. THE BISON DIDNT SCORE 42... ha ha... I 29 will be a FINE ride home..

Maybe you can play the SIOUX next year and give them a challenge.. ha ha

"No way NDSU scores 42. We have a better offense, better kicking game, equal return game and out defense will step up. I suspect turnovers and penalties will play a big role. Jacks need this game and will get it. Jacks by at least 7 but not more than 14. "

jackmd
11-13-2005, 03:11 AM
HEY JACKMD or whoever you are..

YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.. THE BISON DIDNT SCORE 42... ha ha... I 29 will be a FINE ride home..

Maybe you can play the SIOUX next year and give them a challenge.. ha ha

"No way NDSU scores 42. *We have a better offense, better kicking game, equal return game and out defense will step up. *I suspect turnovers and penalties will play a big role. *Jacks need this game and will get it. *Jacks by at least 7 but not more than 14. "

Not sure about the reference to "whoever you are", but lets just say I am stunned. After the way things started (which I missed) you would have thought the acts were in place for the Jacks to succeed. You would have been sorely wrong as I was.

This game meant a lot and this loss hurts. We now face UNC looking at a 6-5 season at best. Thats with 2 lower division wins and 1 over Valpo. The UC Davis win was big but thats really it. Interest in Jacks FB is up but when you take a good hard look at this season there are still big questions.

kchats
11-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Scholarships, scholarships, scholarships. You have a good coaching staff you just need to raise some money. There is a difference when you get to 63. Northern Colorado looked much better today, so you should have a good game next week. Andre Wilson didn't play though and if he doesn't they still struggle a bit running consistently. They had a long TD run though.

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2005, 03:18 AM
This game meant a lot and this loss hurts. *We now face UNC looking at a 6-5 season at best. *Thats with 2 lower division wins and 1 over Valpo. *The UC Davis win was big but thats really it. *Interest in Jacks FB is up but when you take a good hard look at this season there are still big questions.

I wouldn't look that that deep into the loss today. Yeah, it turned ugly and it was a big game to not stay competitive throughout, but you guys played a good team in a very tough atmosphere.

The Bison have shown over the years that they are a completely different team at home then on the road.

SDSU didn't get the wins you wanted at this point, but you've been competitive throughout the season with the exception of probably 2 games.

Your team has faced alot of adversity this year also with injuries.

See Yuz.

Esquire
11-13-2005, 03:21 AM
SDSU is a good team, NDSU just got on a roll and played very well. SDSU didn't play that well. They could not stop the run. SDSU should have stuck with one QB. If you were not there, there were some huge hits tonight.

kchats
11-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Kardoes blew out his knee tonight. He tore his ACL and is done for the season.

Kole Zimmerman was injured tonight too but don't know bad it is.

Esquire
11-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Thats too bad. I missed that.

P.S. #47 that replaced Zimmerman played outstanding.

kchats
11-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Brett Itterman #47 a junior from Aberdeen, SD that was named the player of the game tonight. He played a heck of a game filling in for Zimmerman and was very deserving.

BisonBacker
11-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Just got home from the game, outside of some questionable officiating was a fantastic game. I too was suprised at the margin of victory but I agree to what was already mentioned, you guys get up the scholarships and you will see a noticeable difference. Good luck next week.

kchats
11-13-2005, 03:34 AM
You also probably need to expand your recruiting area to get some more athletes. The Bison are recruiting pretty nationally right now and that will increase as they gain more recognition around the country.

eflieth
11-13-2005, 04:25 AM
I think this post is a combination smack and lack of understanding of their opponent. I'm not clear what the Bison have done or the what the Jacks haven't done that would give any reasonable person the impression that the Bison are 24 points better than the Jacks even with the home field.

i would like to say i have a good understanding of the opponent thank you very much ;D ;D ;D

bisonmike
11-13-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow there were some hard hits in that game. *Babich's hit was amazing. *We put some great hits on Berry and when you can rattle of young kids cage like that he's going to think twice about rolling out and throwing the ball.

eflieth
11-13-2005, 04:50 AM
that hit on berry before half time was a rough one i don't think he ventured out of the pocket too much after that one. when that hit happened the jacks fans behind me were all wondering who the 3rd stringer was

chuckles
11-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Babich's smack was what he needed to end the night, he gave up a lucky toss a couple of times and had a terrible call for pass interference, but redeemed himself with that smack, awesome!

Was also happy to see that the video boards were showing the controversial calls the reffs screwed up. In slow motion and all, you know you made the wrong call when 15,700 fans are boo-ing you.

Was also kind of upset, as one time I looked up at the Valer Insurance scoreboard and it had the UMD-UND score on there. WTF is that about, we don't care about D2 playoffs.

BisonBacker
11-13-2005, 03:02 PM
+++++++++

NWSD
11-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Kardoes blew out his knee tonight. He tore his ACL and is done for the season.

Kole Zimmerman was injured tonight too but don't know bad it is.

Zimmerman tore his ACL and broke his knee cap.

coloradobison
11-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Zimmerman tore his ACL and broke his knee cap.

that is a sad way for him to end his career. wont be any baseball for him this spring either. good luck on your recovery.

sambini
11-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Get well soon COLE....

Gamehunter
11-14-2005, 07:11 PM

SDSU 20
NDSU 42

Not bad.

SDSUFAN
11-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Wow there were some hard hits in that game. *Babich's hit was amazing. *We put some great hits on Berry and when you can rattle of young kids cage like that he's going to think twice about rolling out and throwing the ball.

Ryan Berry's older sister played women's BB for NDSU a few years back. Its a great family of athletes as you guys well know. I am sure Ryan was rattled considerably by this game, but I am sure he will recover.

As far as fund raising, yes I agree we need to work hard on this and its been discussed at the Jackrabbit Club in Brookings this year. Coach Stig has been appealing to former players and hopes to have between 51 to 57 this coming year. Also other people in the SDSU foundation are working with the is opportunity. I think we will get the job done. I think we want a winning football program. We seem to always be a few people short in athleticism, particularily when we face the Bison.

The Board of Regents of SD approved a lowering of out of state tuition for students in Wisconsin and Illionis and elsewhere. This is basically in anticipation of fewer traditional students in the near future, but it will also help the football budget tremendously since I have questioned in the recent past why SDSU has not went after the Wisconsin recruits like NDSU and UND and the Minnesota schools.

The answer I got was no resopocity between SD and Wisc and that the athletes are there but it was a budget buster. Sounds lame, but that is what I was told more than once. No longer will we hear that and I think we need some faster Defensive ends and safeties. We have relied heavily on Hank McCall to bring down guys like Chapman on the one yard line.

For some reason we could not stop the Bison run, and again, it had to be your fat guys controlling the line which has not happen too much before this season.

There is always next year. Good luck against SIU this Saturday, I will be watching and listening for scores.

Steph_Popowski
11-14-2005, 11:22 PM
As for the 'FAT' guys controlling the line...that is the O-line's job and they did it well- with over 300 yards- And the "D" did a hell of a job kicking the "so-called" number 1 offense in the GWC- The Bison did a good job- they did control the most of the game and that is why they won- I used to have a great deal of respect for the SDSU Jacks but it sure makes it hard when their fans insult the Bison players...We kicked the Jacks butt...no doubts no questionable calls (except the calls that helped the Jacks-not the Bison) The Bison WON and WON BIG!!!!