10.06 @ UNI
10.13 @ WIU
10.20 ISU-Red
10.27 @ USD
11.03 YSU
11.10 @ Missouri State
11.17 SIU

See also: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32573-Future-schedules

You made my day Tony! Seven home games next year! Magnificent!!!

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2017, 05:02 PM
But what about the UC Davis game in 2019? Is that a home and home?

devin45k
10-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Im not going to complain about 7 home games and 4 of them being in sept. Should be some nice tailgating weather.

tony
10-02-2017, 05:39 PM
You made my day Tony! Seven home games next year! Magnificent!!!

Jeremy Jorgenson is the one you should be thanking. :)

SDbison
10-02-2017, 05:49 PM
No FBS game?

tjbison
10-02-2017, 05:55 PM
No FBS game?

no, JJ said nobody will play them. Ill gladly take 7 home games and kind of nice to see CP back in the dome

Bison03
10-02-2017, 05:59 PM
So we could play 10 home games next year. I like it!!

bajadanny
10-02-2017, 06:02 PM
no, JJ said nobody will play them. Ill gladly take 7 home games and kind of nice to see CP back in the dome

Man much better than this year, no FBS but all 3 ooc are respectable

Gully
10-02-2017, 06:04 PM
This is a really good schedule. Two good non-conference FCS games and North Alabama, which should be super easy. I know many will say they wanted to see a FBS game, but the reality is there were none available. Wanting to play someone and them being willing to play you are two separate things. All things considered, I think this is really good with some very exciting games on the schedule beyond that. Jeremy said they'll be working hard for FBS games in 2021 and 2023.

DePereBisonFan
10-02-2017, 06:29 PM
09.01 Cal Poly (not a home and home!)
09.15 North Alabama
09.22 Delaware
09.29 SDSU
10.06 @ UNI
10.13 @ WIU
10.20 ISU-Red
10.27 @ USD
11.03 YSU
11.10 @ Missouri State
11.17 SIU

This is an impressive schedule. Considering we can't get an FBS game, this has got to be one of the top schedules in FCS for next year - 7 FCS home opponents.

Christopher Moen
10-02-2017, 06:44 PM
09.01 Cal Poly (not a home and home!)
09.15 North Alabama
09.22 Delaware
09.29 SDSU
10.06 @ UNI
10.13 @ WIU
10.20 ISU-Red
10.27 @ USD
11.03 YSU
11.10 @ Missouri State
11.17 SIU

Interesting, and maybe a first in Bison history - only two regulars season games will be played outdoors.

Hammerhead
10-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Extra home game is nice. I wonder how many of the top FBS programs even consider scheduling games with the Bison. Seems like it's a long time until the game at Oregon. :( I'm not saying we would win, but it would be fun to play a team from the top half of the Big Ten or SEC.

Professor Chaos
10-02-2017, 07:07 PM
7 homes games in 2018. 6 home games in 2019 plus the quasi-home game against Butler at Target Field.

Nice job JJ! If they can't fine an FBS team with the gonads to schedule them this is the next best thing.

El_Chapo
10-02-2017, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=tony;1226968]09.01 Cal Poly (not a home and home!) MUFFIN
09.15 North Alabama CUPCAKE
09.22 Delaware CUPCAKE
09.29 SDSU good
10.06 @ UNI great
10.13 @ WIU good
10.20 ISU-Red good
10.27 @ USD meh
11.03 YSU good
11.10 @ Missouri State cupcake
11.17 SIU cupcake

NO FBS = FAIL. we are stuck in fcs forever and there will be no excitement :(

EndZoneQB
10-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Extra home game is nice. I wonder how many of the top FBS programs even consider scheduling games with the Bison. Seems like it's a long time until the game at Oregon. :( I'm not saying we would win, but it would be fun to play a team from the top half of the Big Ten or SEC.

#11/13 Iowa doesn't count?

JSUBison
10-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Only negative is that week 2 is the bye.

Bison Loaf
10-02-2017, 09:12 PM

And that the powers-that-be will make us vacate the tailgating lots in between games.

Hell, I'd like to just stay planted out there for the whole month. :biggrin:

taper
10-02-2017, 11:45 PM
North Alabama will be a FCS independent next year and in the Big South the next. They've been a solid D2 program for a long time. See how it shakes out, they might be our toughest non-con.

tjbison
10-02-2017, 11:47 PM
North Alabama will be a FCS independent next year and in the Big South the next. They've been a solid D2 program for a long time. See how it shakes out, they might be our toughest non-con.

Delaware will be better than UNA IMO, but overall not a bad OOC with only 1 return game required to Delaware

NDSU1980
10-03-2017, 12:28 AM

That's what I was thinking as well. Why doesn't the Valley give a bye during conference play? It's a long, hard road through the MVFC. Seems like years ago we always had a bye half or 3/4 of the way through conference play.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2017, 12:44 AM
That's what I was thinking as well. Why doesn't the Valley give a bye during conference play? It's a long, hard road through the MVFC. Seems like years ago we always had a bye half or 3/4 of the way through conference play.
There's an even number of teams in the conference now (it was like that before USD joined in 2012). If they did that they'd have to give 2 teams byes each week so they could only do it for 5 of 8 weeks. When UND joins in 2020 you'll get that again since there will be 11 teams but the downside is someone has to take that final week bye which is even worse than a week 2 bye IMO.

Although I'd bet most MVFC schools like having the scheduling flexibility of having those 4 early weekends to schedule 3 games. God knows NDSU needs all the options they can get for early season non-conference scheduling. It's not out of the question either that they could move a conference game to week 2 if the other team agrees to it. I believe that's what Illinois St and Missouri St did for their 9/23 game this year. That allowed Illinois St to play Northern Arizona on 10/7 and Missouri St now has a bye on 10/7.

bisonaudit
10-03-2017, 12:46 AM
There's an even number of teams in the conference. If they did that they'd have to give 2 teams byes each week so they could only do it for 5 of 8 weeks. When UND joins in 2020 you'll get that again since there will be 11 teams but the downside is someone has to take that final week bye which is even worse than a week 2 bye IMO.

Although I'd bet most MVFC schools like having the scheduling flexibility of having those 4 early weekends to schedule 3 games. God knows NDSU needs all the options they can get for early season non-conference scheduling. It's not out of the question either that they could move a conference game to week 2 if the other team agrees to it. I believe that's what Illinois St and Missouri St did for their 9/23 game this year. That allowed Illinois St to play Northern Arizona on 10/7 and Missouri St now has a bye on 10/7.

The past several years there has been at least one conference game played a week early.

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2017, 12:53 AM
Just saw on the FB live post that JJ said UNA is a counter next year. That is pretty sweet.

Gully
10-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Delaware is a program on the rise. Looked decent against Virginia Tech and JMU. Their coach is familiar with the FFD and they'll come here looking to make a mark. Should be a good game.

semobison
10-03-2017, 01:33 AM
Delaware is a program on the rise. Looked decent against Virginia Tech and JMU. Their coach is familiar with the FFD and they'll come here looking to make a mark. Should be a good game.

Yup, Delaware is no cupcake. Their defense is salty!

NDSU1980
10-03-2017, 01:36 AM
There's an even number of teams in the conference now (it was like that before USD joined in 2012). If they did that they'd have to give 2 teams byes each week so they could only do it for 5 of 8 weeks. When UND joins in 2020 you'll get that again since there will be 11 teams but the downside is someone has to take that final week bye which is even worse than a week 2 bye IMO.

Hey, UN_ has a bye the final week of conference. Last I heard they said that was to prepare for their long playoff run.

Christopher Moen
10-03-2017, 02:41 AM
Hey, UN_ has a bye the final week of conference. Last I heard they said that was to prepare for their long playoff run.

Or maybe, they're going to get a leg-up on the recruiting process against the other Dakota schools.

MinotBison
10-03-2017, 02:47 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

StL Bison Fan
10-03-2017, 02:53 AM

That's just silly :rofl:

tony
10-03-2017, 12:19 PM
North Alabama is playing NDSU in 2018 and Montana in 2019. They're not messing around.

Delaware has 686 all-time wins, national championships in both D2 and FCS, and a 15-16 record against FBS teams. NDSU and Delaware have never played. It's about time.

HerdBot
10-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Great job NDSU! No fbs game kind of stinks but 7 home games with good competition is a great alternative

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2017, 12:46 PM
FBS games are nice but they are really only for a paycheck. They aren't really paying that much for a potential loss (if at all anyway) so a home game would be just as good.

Saves road a few bucks in travel....amirite?

Professor Chaos
10-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Homecoming next year is going to be even weirder than this year. Guessing it will be 9/29 which is the last of three consecutive weeks of home games (and the 4th September home game). They won't have even left Fargo as a team by then.

Maybe they can all go to Bismarck or something for a day earlier that week...

wagsabison
10-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Having a month of home games is kind of odd but it is what it is. FBS games are fun so we can see how we stack up against FBS teams but I think they did what they could with what limited options they had. If we don't go 6-0 our last 6 FBS games this isn't a problem.

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2017, 01:34 PM
FBS games are nice but they are really only for a paycheck. They aren't really paying that much for a potential loss (if at all anyway) so a home game would be just as good.

Saves road a few bucks in travel....amirite?A paycheck nobody here sees... And it's exciting going to different college towns and big stadiums to troll them into a win.

It's awesome being an ndsu fan at an fbs game compared to being an ndsu fan at the fargo dome. I'd wager ndsu is a destination game (if they can get ticks) for a lot of mvfc fans. None of us here say the same about other conference mates because we're the standard.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2017, 01:39 PM
A paycheck nobody here sees... And it's exciting going to different college towns and big stadiums to troll them into a win.

It's awesome being an ndsu fan at an fbs game compared to being an ndsu fan at the fargo dome. I'd wager ndsu is a destination game (if they can get ticks) for a lot of mvfc fans. None of us here say the same about other conference mates because we're the standard.
You're saying Brookings and Vermillion aren't an appealing destination for college football fans????

Somebody obviously doesn't like Taco Johns very much.

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2017, 01:43 PM
You're saying Brookings and Vermillion aren't an appealing destination for college football fans????

Somebody obviously doesn't like Taco Johns very much.Oh I'd crush a 6 pack and a pound right now.

TinyBisonFan
10-03-2017, 11:13 PM

Somebody obviously doesn't like Taco Johns very much.

That is a great point. I was at the EWU game this season, and I had a pretty darn good time, but it is hard to find an FCS school in a town as fun as Fargo. That being said, I was also in Manhattan for the KSU game, in Fort Collins for the CSU game, and in Frisco thrice. Those towns were incredibly fun, especially Manhattan. Fargo can drink with anyone though, and some towns just aren't ready for that.

Wally
10-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Homecoming next year is going to be even weirder than this year. Guessing it will be 9/29 which is the last of three consecutive weeks of home games (and the 4th September home game). They won't have even left Fargo as a team by then.

Maybe they can all go to Bismarck or something for a day earlier that week...

Homecoming is 10/20 next year and 10/19/19...pretty late compared to what it has been, but no way they would have the hc game vs the jax next year

http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=214&path=football

BisManBison
10-04-2017, 02:16 PM

Saves road a few bucks in travel....amirite?

Every time I go to the grocery store or just about any other business, when I swipe my card I'm asked if I want to donate to any number of charities. Could NDSU work with
local business to ask patrons if they want to make a small donation to NDSU athletics? Seems like another way to easily raise some cash. Work with the hotels and/or restaurants to ask for a small $5 or $10 donation? Would be a great way to raise some extra $$$$ and I would think a lot of people would donate, especially if you limited it to weekends when we have home football games.

Would this be possible or would it violate NCAA rules?

Bison 4 Life
10-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Every time I go to the grocery store or just about any other business, when I swipe my card I'm asked if I want to donate to any number of charities. Could NDSU work with
local business to ask patrons if they want to make a small donation to NDSU athletics? Seems like another way to easily raise some cash. Work with the hotels and/or restaurants to ask for a small $5 or $10 donation? Would be a great way to raise some extra $$$$ and I would think a lot of people would donate, especially if you limited it to weekends when we have home football games.

To me, it would seem like an optics issue more than anything. NDSU doesn't want to put it's athletics department on the same level as the Children's Miracle Network or things like that.

They have a great website and institutional outreach to the alumni and fans. They seem to be able to cover the bills with TM and their other endeavors. They are still, however, a smaller program that can do a lot with a 500k check from a FBS program. I know this has been nibbled at but do we know how much they get from a home game?

bisonmike2
10-04-2017, 02:31 PM

That's a great idea and I'm not sure how it would work. Like Bison 4 Life mentioned, hard to pull it off without making it seem like we are trying to represent ourselves as a charity on the same level as the Childrens Miracle Network. Maybe we are thinking too small. Let's partner with Gate City mortgage. Round up your new mortgage to the nearest 10K to donate to NDSU? :)

Bison 4 Life
10-04-2017, 02:32 PM
That's a great idea and I'm not sure how it would work. Like Bison 4 Life mentioned, hard to pull it off without making it seem like we are trying to represent ourselves as a charity on the same level as the Childrens Miracle Network. Maybe we are thinking too small. Let's partner with Gate City mortgage. Round up your new mortgage to the nearest 10K to donate to NDSU? :)

That's branding!

roadwarrior
10-04-2017, 02:35 PM

That's a bad idea.

GOB1SON
10-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Homecoming is 10/20 next year and 10/19/19...pretty late compared to what it has been, but no way they would have the hc game vs the jax next year

http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=214&path=football

Nothing like starting a tailgate while it's still dark...

BisonLaw
10-04-2017, 02:48 PM
That's a bad idea.

Sounds like something they would do in Brookings or Vermillion. And then ask if they want a free ticket for when NDSU comes to town.

td577
10-04-2017, 02:49 PM
That's a bad idea.

I agree with this.

I am tired of being asked to donate every time I swipe my card. I like to research where I donate money to and so my immediate reaction is no I don't want to round up or no I don't want to add $2 for whatever charity. Their strategy is to make you feel like shit for being the one not giving in that situation, even if it is not overtly. There is an expectation when I donate to TM or other organizations in a traditional method I will receive invitations by mail or email to donate more. Now our family can determine on our own time how generous we can be.

I don't like shopping in the first place and these ambush donation tactics make it that much more unenjoyable. A business partnership with a charity is where they donate to the charity, not directly asking their patrons to.

bri-dog
10-04-2017, 03:22 PM
I know this has been nibbled at but do we know how much they get from a home game?

I asked Matt Larsen exactly that at a golf tournament in Devils Lake when he was a new hire. He said around $500k. I'm sure that's changed a bit now...

gumby013
10-04-2017, 03:55 PM
They seem thrilled...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/calpolystangs/who-s-ready-for-a-good-butt-kickin-t2866.html

Hammerhead
10-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm the same way. It's easier to keep track of our donations when they are separate charges. I have done the thing where a grocery store asks you to donate money to a food bank or pick up the free item of the week and drop it off in a donation bin by the door if it's not something I would normally use.

I agree with this.

I am tired of being asked to donate every time I swipe my card. I like to research where I donate money to and so my immediate reaction is no I don't want to round up or no I don't want to add $2 for whatever charity.

I don't like shopping in the first place and these ambush donation tactics make it that much more unenjoyable. A business partnership with a charity is where they donate to the charity, not directly asking their patrons to.

LongLostAlum
10-04-2017, 09:48 PM
As an out-of-stater, the seven home games isn't all that significant to me, but I'm sure it's a big plus for the season ticket holders and tail-gaters.

The non-conference schedule looked a bit weak to weak to me. If we were playing either Cal Poly or Delaware this week, we'd be favored by about 28 points; North Alabama by even more. Unless they improve significantly by next year, which I rather doubt, I'd call all three of them cupcakes.

The 2018 conference schedule will be the typical grind, with a lot of competitive play from a range of teams.

Which brings me to my pet peeve of no FBS game. Yes, I've been beaten down with all the politics of it, so it is what it is. Regardless, it looks to me like we have a very high-caliber team for this year and next year, maybe our best team of all. I just think it's a shame we can't show it off against a high-caliber FBS team in either year.

Olton Hall
10-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Nice schedule.Too bad the move of the Delaware game has ruined my plans to actually see a game next year in person since I have a meeting scheduled for that day :(

tjbison
10-05-2017, 01:38 AM
As an out-of-stater, the seven home games isn't all that significant to me, but I'm sure it's a big plus for the season ticket holders and tail-gaters.

The non-conference schedule looked a bit weak to weak to me. If we were playing either Cal Poly or Delaware this week, we'd be favored by about 28 points; North Alabama by even more. Unless they improve significantly by next year, which I rather doubt, I'd call all three of them cupcakes.

The 2018 conference schedule will be the typical grind, with a lot of competitive play from a range of teams.

Which brings me to my pet peeve of no FBS game. Yes, I've been beaten down with all the politics of it, so it is what it is. Regardless, it looks to me like we have a very high-caliber team for this year and next year, maybe our best team of all. I just think it's a shame we can't show it off against a high-caliber FBS team in either year.

Delaware is not a Cupcake, Cal poly has history of being a good team with yes they appear not great this year but they were an old transition conference mate we played many good games with, UNA is a perfect game, and we got 2 of these teams without a promise of a return game.

Now the FBS, the main reason we don't have one for this "high-caliber" team is just freaking that!! What does it take for people to understand this?? Its been said over and over and over and over TEAMS WONT PLAY NDSU. How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule

jesus that gets old saying that, and tell me, if your a fan what is best for the team? Playing schedules like last year every year and getting beat to shit or going into conference play with the kinks worked out and a well oiled machine? If your a true fan the answer is easy, but it guess complaining is easier than just enjoying the games and supporting the teams

BisonLaw
10-05-2017, 01:34 PM
How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule

The same way you move to the FBS without a conference invite!

Professor Chaos
10-05-2017, 02:01 PM
How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule
I got it! We show up to TCF Bank Stadium next year the same day as whatever FCS team they're playing and when the opposing team buses get there we work up an old number 6 on them allowing the Bison to take their place on the field. The Goophers will be too busy rowing to realize the difference until it's too late!

FCSFan
10-05-2017, 03:14 PM
I got it! We show up to TCF Bank Stadium next year the same day as whatever FCS team they're playing and when the opposing team buses get there we work up an old number 6 on them allowing the Bison to take their place on the field. The Goophers will be too busy rowing to realize the difference until it's too late!

Ahh THE OLD Blazing Saddles NUMBER 6..HEEHEE..HEEHEE... WORKS EVERYTIME:howdy:

LongLostAlum
10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Delaware is not a Cupcake, Cal poly has history of being a good team with yes they appear not great this year but they were an old transition conference mate we played many good games with, UNA is a perfect game, and we got 2 of these teams without a promise of a return game.

Now the FBS, the main reason we don't have one for this "high-caliber" team is just freaking that!! What does it take for people to understand this?? Its been said over and over and over and over TEAMS WONT PLAY NDSU. How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule

jesus that gets old saying that, and tell me, if your a fan what is best for the team? Playing schedules like last year every year and getting beat to shit or going into conference play with the kinks worked out and a well oiled machine? If your a true fan the answer is easy, but it guess complaining is easier than just enjoying the games and supporting the teamsIt depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

There are 129 FBS teams. I think someone who really wanted to get a game scheduled with one of them could get it done. Rejection is a tough pill to swallow, but it's not a permanent condition if you keep working at it. That's what I "understand", but if complacency and caution is your cup-of-tea, then go with it; see how far it gets you.

LongLostAlum
10-05-2017, 05:17 PM

jesus that gets old saying that, and tell me, if your a fan what is best for the team? Playing schedules like last year every year and getting beat to shit or going into conference play with the kinks worked out and a well oiled machine? If your a true fan the answer is easy, but it guess complaining is easier than just enjoying the games and supporting the teamsIt depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

There are 129 FBS teams. I think someone who really wanted to get a game scheduled with one of them could get it done. Rejection is a tough pill to swallow, but it's not a permanent condition if you keep working at it. That's what I "understand", but if complacency and caution is your cup-of-tea, then go with it; see how far it gets you.

Bison 4 Life
10-05-2017, 05:17 PM
It depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

When about 110 of them are looking for a team that has no chance of hanging a loss on them, your pool gets narrowed drastically

They'd have to do it for free. Might as well bring in a cupcake for a home game at that point.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2017, 06:24 PM
It depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

There's also about 90 FCS schools out there that are willing to play those FBS teams and quite a few of them schedule multiple FBS games. Add the recently partially rescinded FCS ban in the B1G along with the FBS schools like Oklahoma, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and USC who never play FCS games and you're looking at a lot of competition in the market place.

Keep in mind both SDSU and Illinois St also do not have FBS games this year and they don't have nearly the FBS giant slayer rep that NDSU has.

Bison 4 Life
10-05-2017, 06:25 PM
There's also about 90 FCS schools out there that are willing to play those FBS teams and quite a few of them schedule multiple FBS games. Add the recently partially rescinded FCS ban in the B1G along with the FBS schools like Oklahoma, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and USC who never play FCS games and you're looking at a lot of competition in the market place.

Keep in mind both SDSU and Illinois St also do not have FBS games this year and they don't have nearly the FBS giant killer rep that NDSU does.

There are plenty Savannah States out there willing to do things for less money.

bisonaudit
10-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Wow. Who's sales seminar did you just get out of?

LongLostAlum
10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Wow. Who's sales seminar did you just get out of?If we all live in stories, it would seem to me that selling the story is as important as the story itself.

bisonaudit
10-05-2017, 08:20 PM
If we all live in stories, it would seem to me that selling the story is as important as the story itself.

Yeah. I'm just not buying the story you're telling.

LongLostAlum
10-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Yeah. I'm just not buying the story you're telling.It's not my story being told or sold.

Mr Meaty
10-06-2017, 12:24 PM
It's not my story being told or sold.

It is his story and he is sticking to it.

TinyBisonFan
10-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Oh boy, the Bison faithful have quite a difference of opinion on the ol' FBS scheduling dilemma!

I firmly believe we should be getting FBS schools on our schedule whenever we can. Have we pushed hard to get them, I think so. But I understand that putting a big 'L' on the schedule for a decent team in the WAC or MAC or whatever doesn't seem appealing. Plus our history would deter most P5 teams from throwing us on their schedule anytime soon. Likely to the fact that it hurts their 'recruiting'! (whatever excuse you need, Minnesota!)

That being said, it can be a bit embarrassing to play such overmatched teams in the OOC. MVSU and RMU were barely even cupcakes. I don't think those kinds of games get us ready for the season at all. I would much rather put the team up against a tougher opponent and lose early in the season than put a bunch of cupcakes on the schedule and not be prepared for adversity in the conference. Doesn't really help to beat up on these teams when our second string puts up a better fight in practice.

td577
10-06-2017, 10:17 PM
My dream schedule would be 1 FBS, 1 playoff caliber FCS, and 1 cupcake for OOC. Playoff caliber FCS programs are going to want a home and home and a FBS game will always be on the road, so now we are already forced into you can't do FBS every year because we will have 6 home games. You end up getting so many ifs in the conversation, the program is now paralyzed with who they can schedule. Ok, get who you can get but make sure there are 6 home games.

Mr Meaty
10-06-2017, 10:25 PM
My dream schedule would be 1 FBS, 1 playoff caliber FCS, and 1 cupcake for OOC. Playoff caliber FCS programs are going to want a home and home and a FBS game will always be on the road, so now we are already forced into you can't do FBS every year because we will have 6 home games. You end up getting so many ifs in the conversation, the program is now paralyzed with who they can schedule. Ok, get who you can get but make sure there are 6 home games.

i would bet no G5 school will ever play us. So half of FBS is out. Go from there to schedule.

td577
10-06-2017, 10:46 PM
i would bet no G5 school will ever play us. So half of FBS is out. Go from there to schedule.

I know, it gets pretty messed up when you start looking at the big picture. If this happens then you can't do this and if this doesn't happen then you can't do that but in the end, there has to be 6 home games or people get mad.